Available by cell phone
Thousand Oaks
325 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
805-778-1122
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Mousa Shamonki to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility & Surgical Associates of California to a friend?
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
He [Dr. Mousa Shamonki] is very kind and open, if you ever have questions, he always stops what he's doing or finishes what he's doing to speak to you directly. He makes sure he is present with you when you speak or ask questions...He is a very gentle and patient person, he doesn't push, but informs and let's you make the best decision for you, while recommending changes as to support best outcomes. No matter what your situation he tailors to meet your needs.
Overall they are fast, efficient, always answer the phone, get messages where they need to go [at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California]. Communication between departments is pretty strong i.e. business office with front desk, etc. They are good about putting notes in the charts, that everyone who opens your chart reads. The on call service is great about locating your doctor in an emergency as well...Both of my nurses never took more than 24 hours to get back to me if contacted during normal business hours. Or I could call and leave them a message with the same results either by end of business day, or the next day. Only once or twice in the 10 months I was a patient did they take 48 hours to get back to me.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Mousa Shamonki at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mousa Shamonki at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Bring a list of questions to your visits, sometimes he is very busy, as are all RE's, and just go over basics, let you know current situation and go to next patient. There were so many times I would leave and think "oh man I wonder if we could do this?" or " what happens if a, b, or c?" When I had my pre thought out questions I always felt satisfied.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mousa Shamonki at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
He is very kind and open, if you ever have questions, he always stops what he's doing or finishes what he's doing to speak to you directly. He makes sure he is present with you when you speak or ask questions.
Describe the protocols Mousa Shamonki used in your cycles at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California and their degree of success.
The first embryo transfer we started with estrace, added progesterone supplementation by next visit, then a week later did our transfer. The next embryo transfer we did estrace only longer and started progesterone supplementation 5 days prior to transfer. My lining actually grew 0.6 more before my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: Hillary Swann and Gail DAvanzo)
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Overall they are fast, efficient, always answer the phone, get messages where they need to go. Communication between departments is pretty strong i.e. business office with front desk, etc. They are good about putting notes in the charts, that everyone who opens your chart reads. The on call service is great about locating your doctor in an emergency as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mousa Shamonki at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The cost of using egg donor off site-$2000 FET package-$12,800 Additional Ultrasounds/labs (hcg's) post transfer-$190 Second FET-$5300
Describe Mousa Shamonki's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
No, the research for a woman my age with minimal embryo's states safety and success weighs more on the side of the single embryo. I wanted a baby, and if my doctor said I had improved chances with a single then that's what I wanted to do.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mousa Shamonki at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.

Dr Shamonki wants to make sure you feel comfortable about the whole process. ... My husband and I felt very confident with him from our initial consultation. He made it very clear that his goal was to help us get pregnant and he didn't want to rush us into doing anything too extreme from the start. We feel like we have a pretty clear plan with him. ... Very rarely I have felt like my appointment was rushed. He is also great about getting back to emails when I come up with questions in-between visits.
I never have to wait long to be seen by my doctor and after my visit with the doctor there is a good structure of then visiting with a nurse for instructions and then billing (if needed). ... My favorite thing about this client is how organized and thorough it is. ... The nursing staff [Fertility & Surgical Assoc of CA] is great. Very friendly and easy to talk to. ... The waiting room and visit rooms are also very nice and clean.
Dr Shamonki is great. My husband and I felt very confident with him from our initial consultation. He made it very clear that his goal was to help us get pregnant and he didn't want to rush us into doing anything too extreme from the start. We feel like we have a pretty clear plan with him.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr Shamonki wants to make sure you feel comfortable about the whole process.
He usually takes the time to listen to my questions and concerns. Very rarely I have felt like my appointment was rushed. He is also great about getting back to emails when I come up with questions in-between visits.
First cycle: 50mg of clomid + ovidrel shot+ IUI + Progestrone. The clomid had some effects on me and the IUI wasn't very painful. Second cycle: We changed to 5mg letrozole + timed intercourse. No effects from the letrozole and no IUI because I was out of town. Third Cycle: 5mg letrozole + timed intercourse. No IUI because I was again out of town. Fourth Cycle: 5mg letrozole. We planned on doing an IUI, but I ovulated 5 days early, so we missed out window. Fifth cycle: 5mg letrozole + Estrace + ovidrel shot+ IUI + Progestrone. Estrace was added to help my lining. Sixth Cycle: 5mg letrozole + Estrace + ovidrel shot+ IUI + Progestrone. None of these cycle resulted in pregnancy and we are starting our next steps towards IVF.
The nursing staff is great. Very friendly and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
My favorite thing about this client is how organized and thorough it is. I never have to wait long to be seen by my doctor and after my visit with the doctor there is a good structure of then visiting with a nurse for instructions and then billing (if needed). The waiting room and visit rooms are also very nice and clean.
Without insurance: $150 for ultrasound visits, $365 for an IUI procedure
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shamonki has such a calm demeanor. It can’t help but make you feel somewhat the same way which is hard as a patient dealing with infertility. Every visit he’s always been so considerate and understanding of our situation. He’s also been very thorough in explaining what our next steps will be. He’s always willing to answer any questions. He gave me his cell number, and there were times I had questions so I would text him. He would answer right away!
I would have loved to work with just one nurse, but unfortunately that’s not how it works there [Fertility & Surgical Assoc of CA]. Everyone from the office staff to the nurses have been very friendly and helpful. There was a nurse that I was communicating with through email, but sometimes it would take a day or so to get a response so I’ve learned if it’s something urgent to call the office. They take a message and send it to the nurse and they call you back within the same day. There are 3 different offices, so depending on where your doctor is on that day you might be going to different clinics
Always write down your questions beforehand. It can somewhat be overwhelming when you’re actually there for your appointment.
Dr. Shamonki has always been very understanding and optimistic. He always remembers my husband and I as soon as he sees us. We travel about 2.5 hours to see him, and he’s always considerate of that.
We had our first initial IUI with Dr. Shamonki. My protocol was Clomid day 3-7. When checking my follicle size on Day 10, doctor noticed my lining was thin so he put me on estrogen for 7 days. I triggered on the evening of Day 10 and had the actual procedure 2 days later. I then was on progesterone suppositories 2 days after up until I took a pregnancy test 14 days after the IUI. Unfortunately it was negative. We’re currently undergoing our 2nd IUI. This time I’m on Letrozole days 5-9. I’ll go back to check follicle size in a few days and hopefully all goes well!!
You unfortunately don’t work with just one nurse. I’ve never actually had the same nurse twice so far. They’ve all been very pleasant. There’s been a couple of times where my prescription never made it to my pharmacy but I think that was more on the pharmacy’s end. I’ve had a couple of nurses who have gone above and beyond in regards to medication and just helpful advice. One nurse I’ve gotten and she somewhat seemed unsure of how to order/do things but it ended up working out.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
I would have loved to work with just one nurse, but unfortunately that’s not how it works there. Everyone from the office staff to the nurses have been very friendly and helpful. There was a nurse that I was communicating with through email, but sometimes it would take a day or so to get a response so I’ve learned if it’s something urgent to call the office. They take a message and send it to the nurse and they call you back within the same day. There are 3 different offices, so depending on where your doctor is on that day you might be going to different clinics but I’ve had pleasant experiences at all 3.
My first IUI cost about $850 with medications. My second IUI got canceled due to cysts but I went in for an ultrasound and doctor visit so that alone cost $250. I had to go in for another ultrasound to check on things so that was another $250. We just began my 2nd attempt for an IUI and I’ve paid $250 up until this point for the baseline ultrasound and office visit.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shamonki is a great doctor. I would say his weakness is that he doesn't fully explain what to expect sometimes (i.e. out of 18 embryos, only 7 made it to 5-day blastocyst, which surprised me. I felt that he could have told me ahead of time to expect the drop in number), but I think that comes from him being so knowledgeable. Otherwise his strengths are compassion, thoughtful explanation of procedures, measuring expectations, very hands-on (at almost every monitoring appointment).
The nurses [at Fertility and Surgical Associates of CA] were wonderful. Sometimes in the mornings it could be hard to get a hold of one of them on the phone, but if you make it clear that it's urgent, you should be able to speak with someone. They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate... Billing can get a bit hairy, but to be fair, I feel that they are upfront about to expect cost-wise, but there's just so much going on that sometimes things felt like they were coming out of left field. Anytime I felt confused, though, I feel I was able to be heard and made to understand, even if I had to fight a bit for the conversation to happen. It's easy to schedule appointments, and wait times are not usually an issue.
Ask lots of questions.
Dr. Shamonki always makes time to talk with me. He gives out his cell phone number and encourages patients to call him or text him with any questions - and he's serious. I felt bad for a while, but he kept assuring me that it doesn't bother him. When things didn't go our way with our transfers, Dr. Shamonki called us himself to give us the results and was so compassionate. He also always made time for me to come in and talk with him about any questions/steps moving forward. The nurses are also wonderful.
The nurses were wonderful. Sometimes in the mornings it could be hard to get a hold of one of them on the phone, but if you make it clear that it's urgent, you should be able to speak with someone. They were all very knowledgeable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Out of pocket with no insurance it cost us $9,500 for egg retrieval and one transfer. $99 for initial genetic bloodwork, $400 for retrieval anesthesia, roughly another $300-400 in lab fees, roughly $3,000 for medications for one egg retrieval and two transfers. It was $4,500 for another embryo transfer, including monitoring.
He highly suggested only transferring one embryo at a time to reduce to chance of multiples, as it gives a higher chance of having a normal pregnancy as opposed to high-risk and the complications that can come along with multiples pregnancies.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Shamonki treats every patient he has like a family member. He really does. He always had time for me. Always treated me with the upmost respect. He is laid back and confident at the same time. I always felt I was very well taken care of when I was undergoing treatment with him. My Mini IVF was very smooth.... Out of all the doctors I did cycles with, he was the most professional, competent, trustworthy.
They [Fertility & Surgical Associates of CA] do try to bill your insurance and very helpful. Very nice billing dept. They always responded, I met with them in person many times. They also told me about the compassionate care discount which was very helpful. They also helped me apply for a grant on a deadline which I thought was really nice, even at the last minute. On the weekends, Even if the clinic is open, often you will get the answering service.
I started out on this journey seeing Dr Shamonki. Over the course of 2 years, I saw a few other fertility Doctors. It has been a very challenging journey. I came back to see him as a patient and still in the process. We are aiming to do an embryo transfer in May. Out of all the doctors I did cycles with, he was the most professional, competent, trustworthy. My favorite. I highly recommend him. This is a really tough journey and the doctors I think should be held to a high standard. I work in the medical field. Dr Shamonki exceeds the mark. Every time.
He will listen to your concerns, he will meet you where you are in your treatment and try the hardest for you. I sometimes wished we had done more bloodwork. I think he felt it was necessary to over do labs. You are in good hands. Go for it!
Dr Shamonki treats every patient he has like a family member. He really does. He always had time for me. Always treated me with the upmost respect. He is laid back and confident at the same time. I always felt I was very well taken care of when I was undergoing treatment with him. My Mini IVF was very smooth. He also treats others in his office very well. I think it is also a good judge of character if the people that work for a doctor think highly of them. The whole office is really good. His father was a fertility Dr and still people think highly of him also. Dr Shamonki was the first Dr I saw when I started this journey, and I ended up coming back under his care. So I have a few other doctors to compare him to. He is truly an exceptional doctor.
I did clomid, Gonal F, Lupron, Menapur. Progesterone, estrogen priming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: Shannen and Laura)
Shannen B and Laura are incredible. So is Michelle. I am very fortunate that they are part of Dr Shamonki's team. They are each very smart, always kind, showed compassion and much patience. When you go through this journey and nurses are not helpful or kind, it can really be a game changer. It makes SUCH a difference.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
They do try to bill your insurance and very helpful. Very nice billing dept. They always responded, I met with them in person many times. They also told me about the compassionate care discount which was very helpful. They also helped me apply for a grant on a deadline which I thought was really nice, even at the last minute. On the weekends, Even if the clinic is open, often you will get the answering service. This was sometimes frustrating, but you always got a call back from nurse or doctor. Shamonki gives out his cell number so you always have that if a true urgent need.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
I work full time, They let me come to the office that was the most convenient for me which was helpful.
I would say they were moderate costs. He was not the most expensive nor was he the least expensive.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
...I could tell his [Dr. Mousa Shamonki] demeanor was WAY different in the new clinic [Fertility & Surgical Associates]. Because he was more relaxed so was I. We were able to talk more about our options. I felt that he knew what he was talking about when looking at ultrasounds and everything that I had been through previously. We never came up with a plan because financially we were not able to continue with any treatments out of insurance. However I do follow up with him all the time. He is available to me anytime just by sending a text to his cell phone.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
I very first started seeing Dr. Shamonki when he was at UCLA in Westwood. At UCLA the workspace they provided to him and the amount of patients that he was given to care for was MANY. I felt that he was stressed and rushed to get to the next and the next after that. He didn't seem like that kind of person to treat patients in this kind of environment. When he moved and went to his new clinic it seemed like he was more relaxed and able to care for patients the way he thought they should be treated. I could tell his demeanor was WAY different in the new clinic. Because he was more relaxed so was I. We were able to talk more about our options. I felt that he knew what he was talking about when looking at ultrasounds and everything that I had been through previously. We never came up with a plan because financially we were not able to continue with any treatments out of insurance. However I do follow up with him all the time. He is available to me anytime just by sending a text to his cell phone.
Keep him in the loop
He has great bedside manner and talks with a calm voice. He is very upfront and honest with me.
I didn't do an IVF cycle with Dr. Shamonki. Although I brought embryos I had frozen from another clinic to him to be transferred but chose to PGS test them before transfer
I don't even remember any nurses to be fair
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
They are a very busy clinic and their a lot of doctors but they are very efficient and I never had to wait more than 10 or so minutes
I think the costs at the clinic are relatively inexpensive compared to other clinics that I have went to.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Shamonki is always so compassionate and loving. Always treats you like family so heartwarming. He always strives to get the best result posible. Always easy to reach and always very informative about everything. I can’t express enough about how compassionate this doctor is.... All the three times I got treatment from Dr Shamonki I always did the IUI procedures. Because of financial struggles that was all we could ever really afford. I suffer from PCOS so we always did metformin first 500mg 3x day
Clinic [Fert & Surg Asso of CA] is very clean, and all are located in very nice areas. Very comfy. However front desk staff (Sherman Oaks) is not so professional they need to work more on their people skills. (Encino and Santa Monica have great personality’s all around) Their phone lines are a headache being that half the time u get the afterhour phone system and have to wait for a call back. You usually have to keep calling till u get trough. Their back office nurses are good. Very helpful.
Always be an open book and honest with this Dr he is very understanding about everything. He does not judge. He helps.
Dr Shamonki is always very helpful and kind. Always very considerate of anyone’s situation. Very consoling and easy to reach.
All the three times I got treatment from Dr Shamonki I always did the IUI procedures. Because of financial struggles that was all we could ever really afford. I suffer from PCOS so we always did metformin first 500mg 3x day . Then I would call him on my first cycle day we would do ultrasound to check my uterine lining. To start my ovulation I was put on Femara (Letrazole) I don’t remember the dose but I was put on this medication cause it’s the one that beat helped me in the whole ovulation process. I was completely resistant to clomid when we first tried it. I did monitoring of my eggs every other day. The one time the IUI worked I actually produced 3 eggs on my left and 2 eggs on my right. I have always only produced two one side and 1 on the other. Out of all those only usually one became a good mature size. After my first ectopic pregnancy after the treatment (NOT during treatment) Dr Shamonki order that we do a Hysterosalpingogram to make sure there was no blockage of tubes , before we did another round of IUI , it was after that procedure that I got pregnant, but it had to be terminated due to viable heart beat or growth found. It was considered a chromosome abnormality. Over all I’ve had a long road with Dr. Shamonki but he has always strived in everything he has tried to do for my husband and I.
Nurses here are your regular nursing staff , just in and out. Very fast paced facility’s.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Clinic is very clean, and all are located in very nice areas. Very comfy. However front desk staff (Sherman Oaks) is not so professional they need to work more on their people skills. (Encino and Santa Monica have great personality’s all around) Their phone lines are a headache being that half the time u get the afterhour phone system and have to wait for a call back. You usually have to keep calling till u get trough. Their back office nurses are good. Very helpful.
Every cycle of IUI cost us roughly about 2,000
This is something we have yet to speak about.

2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He [Dr. Shamonki] is always honest about what will be beneficial, and what would be a waste of time. He is also very knowledgeable and experienced, and being that my case is a difficult one, I feel lucky to have him as my Dr. ... He is very soft spoken and gentle. ... He was always available to answer my questions. ... When my cycle failed, he called me himself with the news and took the time to answer my questions, and explain everything.
The only thing i did not like about this clinic [Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] was the back office waiting area. You can sometimes hear the nurses discussing other patients treatments and that is very uncomfortable to hear while waiting. ... You see the same dr consistently. ... The nursing staff is so nice always. And they work so well together. Everyone there always seems happy and like they love what they do.
2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I love going to Dr shamonki. He is very soft spoken and gentle. He was always completely honest with me about what treatments were best. And what would and would not work. He is always compassionate. When my cycle failed, he called me himself with the news and took the time to answer my questions, and explain everything. He is always honest about what will be beneficial, and what would be a waste of time. He is also very knowledgeable and experienced, and being that my case is a difficult one, I feel lucky to have him as my Dr.
Listen to his suggestions, and trust that he has your best interest.
Dr shamonki treats his patients like family. He was honest with me about my possible outcomes. He was always available to answer my questions. He did not push unnecessary tests and procedures. He was always transparent about what was necessary, and things that would not work.
2 embryo transfer cycles using estrogen and progesterone before transfers.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
You see the same dr consistently. Every once in a while when my dr was on vacation, a different dr and he was very knowledgeable also. The only thing i did not like about this clinic was the back office waiting area. You can sometimes hear the nurses discussing other patients treatments and that is very uncomfortable to hear while waiting.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Mousa Shamonki] first wanted to ensure that my tubes were clear and that there wasn't any issues with my uterine lining due to multiple D&C's and miscarriages. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary from a protocol perspective but I was more concerned with the prep work involved and he was covered there. I literally felt like I had every test in the book done before I even started my meds.
The staff [at Fertility and Surgical Associates of CA] was always on time and functioned like a machine, getting you from consultation, to blood work etc.. all while being available for questions at any point in time. The follow up phone calls were pretty much to the letter in terms of timing you knew exactly when to expect a call.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He's great I wish he was my primary physician. He's just a normal, kind person that you'd want to get dinner with. He is an amazing communicator he's available anytime you need him. After a tough experience with another doctor he was very conscious of our hesitations.
You will really love him.
He is so kind and supportive, but also realistic.
He first wanted to ensure that my tubes were clear and that there wasn't any issues with my uterine lining due to multiple D&C's and miscarriages. There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary from a protocol perspective but I was more concerned with the prep work involved and he was covered there. I literally felt like I had every test in the book done before I even started my meds.
The staff was always on time and functioned like a machine, getting you from consultation, to blood work etc.. all while being available for questions at any point in time. The follow up phone calls were pretty much to the letter in terms of timing you knew exactly when to expect a call.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
There are multiple locations which is a plus. When I first started I was driving over an hour each way to get there just for blood work. Its pretty busy so be prepared the smaller locations are much more private if you need it. There are multiple entrances and exits for privacy as well.
The costs were fair based on research, not too high or too low
He was a huge proponent of only doing a single transfer, for my safety and he was clear that the outcome in terms of percentages were not that different. Pretty much it didn't up your chances that much to do a multiple embryo transfer. He was clear that he would do whatever we wanted, but recommended only one.
+ Read more- Read less

The Santa Monica office is small & convenient but it is part of the larger Fertility & Surgical Associates family- so you really have the personalized feeling within a bigger clinic and lab... I had very little interaction with the nursing staff, so I can't really rate them. The few interactions I had were positive.
I cannot sign Dr. Shamonk's praises enough. Not only did he take the time to really understand what was going on with me, he had ideas that my other doctor did not. He said that I probably never even needed to go through IVF and he felt strongly I could get pregnant with just the help of some injections & he was right!! He is by far the best doctor I have ever experienced & I will measure all future doctors against him.
Go!
Dr. Shamonki is so personable. From our first meeting he spent over an hour sitting and talking with me and understanding the treatments I had already gone through and their outcome. He developed a customized plan and explained everything to me. This was such a different approach than I had experienced before. From the beginning he gave me his cell phone number and email address and said he is reachable at any time. He also texted me to check in after I was pregnant and no longer actively his patient. It was so kind!
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
It was all covered by my insurance.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Shamonki has a very calm demeanor he always made me feel at peace. He has the best bedside manner from any doctor I've ever been to. He would personally call me if I had any questions and never felt rushed. ... 3 IUIS with Letrazole and Pregnyl, no pregnancies. Moving on to IVF. ... Although because he works out of a different location most of my visits would involve other doctors in the office [Fertility & Surgical Associates of California].
This clinic [Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] is organized, they made everything easy by always providing you with detailed instructions and calendars. ... The nurse staff was not very warm. Endless revolving door of nurses, never saw the same face. ... The waiting area may be very crowded at times, so expect a wait. However, overall everyone worked efficiently it seemed like they were on top of everything. All doctors were great! Very caring professionals.
Dr Shamonki has a very calm demeanor he always made me feel at peace. He has the best bedside manner from any doctor I've ever been to. He would personally call me if I had any questions and never felt rushed. Although because he works out of a different location most of my visits would involve other doctors in the office. Overall my experience with Dr Shamonki was great!
From all our visits never had the same nurse, most assistants were not very warm either. Most of the time I would have a long wait time.
3 IUIS with Letrazole and Pregnyl, no pregnancies. Moving on to IVF.
The nurse staff was not very warm. Endless revolving door of nurses, never saw the same face. Not very personal since every time you went in you saw a new face, However, they seemed to be organized for the most part.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
This clinic is organized, they made everything easy by always providing you with detailed instructions and calendars. It is a VERY busy facility. The waiting area may be very crowded at times, so expect a wait. However, overall everyone worked efficiently it seemed like they were on top of everything. All doctors were great! Very caring professionals.
about $900 per IUI
Thousand Oaks

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Shamonki] is a very knowledgeable doctor who is friendly and very professional. ... He answers on a timely manner. ... He takes time to explain our situation, chances and suggests a good plan. He is not overly pessimistic when facing hard cases. He makes time from his schedule to answer messages and phone calls, and sets up phone calls as soon as possible to answer questions.
Great clinic with many locations. It was easy to find one clinic open even on weekends and get appointments for monitoring even last minute, which was very helpful. A bit too expensive for us for bigger procedures like ivf. ... A nurse one time made a mistake in writing my follicle count down during ultrasound visit. (Monitoring) She wrote down one less follicle but I caught it on time when it was communicated to other staff.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He is a very knowledgeable doctor who is friendly and very professional. He takes time to explain our situation, chances and suggests a good plan. He is not overly pessimistic when facing hard cases. He makes time from his schedule to answer messages and phone calls, and sets up phone calls as soon as possible to answer questions.
Ask as many questions as possible along the way.
He is very kind and patient doctor. It’s easy to reach him to ask any important questions. He answers on a timely manner. He takes the time to explain the details and possibilities with a caring manner.
Iui with Letrazole prep. Two dominant follicles before iui but no positive result unfortunately.
Sometimes they didn’t call us back for appointments in the beginning. Had a hard time finding our records at times.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
iui ultrasound visits $175-260/visit depending on own patient or monitoring surgery cost for polip removal surgery
+ Read more- Read less

Shamonki was very kind. He looked into our case with great detail and outlined a course of treatment for us. He took his time in explaining everything. He told us to contact him via cell phone with any further questions or concerns. I saw him at every visit... Shamonki has a wonderful bed side manner. He is a great communicator. He was easy to get in touch with. He would respond to my text messages within 5 minutes.
The clinic [Fertility & Surgical Associates of CA] has three locations. The staff tries to accommodate you and schedule your appointment at your preferred location. This was very helpful. The nursing staff calls me back right away to address any question or concerns that I have.... Michelle always returned my calls promptly and answered all of my questions thoroughly.... Shamonki has a wonderful bed side manner. He is a great communicator. He was easy to get in touch with. He would respond to my text messages within 5 minutes.
Shamonki took his time meeting with us and weighing our options for treatment. He let us ask all of our questions. We did not feel rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: Michelle E)
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The clinic has three locations. The staff tries to accommodate you and schedule your appointment at your preferred location. This was very helpful. The nursing staff calls me back right away to address any question or concerns that I have.
Dr. Shamonki recommended single embryo transfer for me.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Mousa Shamonki] is incredible. I feel very lucky that he is my doctor. I'm not pregnant yet, my first transfer happened today but I feel safe and know I'm in good hands. He calls, texts or face timed me if I have questions or concerns. He even left the country two days after my egg retrieval and still texted me almost daily from China to check in on me because I had OHSS...He is very conservative and because I have so many eggs was very cautious in his approach and dosages.
He is incredible. I feel very lucky that he is my doctor. I'm not pregnant yet, my first transfer happened today but I feel safe and know I'm in good hands. He calls, texts or face timed me if I have questions or concerns. He even left the country two days after my egg retrieval and still texted me almost daily from China to check in on me because I had OHSS
Set realistic expectations and don't let time mess with your head. Each week you're not pregnant is so hard but try not to stress
He is amazing. I can call or text him 24/7 and he is very comforting
A couple are great, a few are not that great
He will only transfer one embryo