7.2

Chicago - South Loop
1101 S Canal St
Chicago, IL 60637
877.336.5667

he [Dr. Zamah] help me get on a strict diet to eat better and to exercise. I wasn’t really overweight but my cholesterol was kind of high and I was borderline diabetic and before he would even consider doing it I had to get my body and control that’s one of the most important things I remember about going to see him...He was a very loving and understanding doctor...he explain everything to me from top to bottom and he also ask questions to see if I understand exactly what he was saying He always reached out to me on his personal phone number to let me know when anything happen he made me feel special and not like a number.
[The nurses at University of Illinois at Chicago were] Very nice very understanding very polite...The clinic was very very professional I didn’t see any weaknesses they knew exactly what to do and how to do it in a professional way. They emailed you all your results then the nurse will call you and go over the results with you whatever you didn’t understand. They make sure they called you 24 hours before your appointment to make sure if you were still able to come. They respect your wishes they never gave you any Problems
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
He was a very loving and understanding doctor even his nurses and his receptionist was wonderful loving people I never fell on Conteboe there they made you feel like it was home. From the first time I started my appointments it was always clear and made sure that I understood everything that we were going to do. His nurses called and checked on me every three days. He even recommend Maisel a good therapist so I can talk about my experience because I was falling into a depression and I was worried about how people felt about and my decision to do IVF. He explain to me that it is my decision and I should not worry about what people think about it if this is what I want to do I should go head and do it he made me feel that he made me feel like he really understood me. And it wasn’t just because he needed the money it was something really real he was like a friend sent me. I would definitely recommend anyone to go to him
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
If you listen to him she will explain every thing you were ever need to know about your process .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
He was really great, he explain everything to me from top to bottom and he also ask questions to see if I understand exactly what he was saying He always reached out to me on his personal phone number to let me know when anything happen he made me feel special and not like a number.
Describe the protocols Musa Zamah used in your cycles at University of Illinois at Chicago and their degree of success.
One thing I do remember he help me get on a strict diet to eat better and to exercise. I wasn’t really overweight but my cholesterol was kind of high and I was borderline diabetic and before he would even consider doing it I had to get my body and control that’s one of the most important things I remember about going to see him
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Very nice very understanding very polite
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago.
15,000.00
Describe Musa Zamah's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Illinois at Chicago.
Well the doctor told me he do transferred to embryos but it was all up to me. He explained to me the Problems of transferring to Embryos. And what he think was the best

2014 - 2017, Successful
My first cycle with dr zamah, he just copied my protocol from a previous ivf cycle with a different dr.It was a fresh ivf cycle.Birth control.lupron.progesterone, although he tweaked it so i wouldn't get my ovaries enlarged (forgot technical word), which happened to me with previous dr.Transfered one 5day blast and was successful...Dr. Zamah may look young but he knows his stuff.He answers every question you can think of with a smile.He is compassionate:when I found out i was having a chemical pregnancy during an ultrasound i was very emotional, and when he found out he rushed to talk to me right away.He is very friendly and funny and makes you feel at ease with every appointment.Great bedside manner.
His nurses at uic are really busy and are prone to making mistakes...Weaknesses: nurses can get so busy that they can misplace your paperwork, will make you retake bloodwork because of this.Unorganized, saying you need to bring in one more thing of paperwork but you already gave it a week ago...Ivf protocol:they dont put you to sleep during procedures and you will be awake n feeling every pain out there (unlike other ivf clinics).
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
Dr. Zamah may look young but he knows his stuff.He answers every question you can think of with a smile.He is compassionate:when I found out i was having a chemical pregnancy during an ultrasound i was very emotional, and when he found out he rushed to talk to me right away.He is very friendly and funny and makes you feel at ease with every appointment.Great bedside manner.I notice that whenever i need to do a procedure/ test, knowing it will be painful or awkward for me, he starts talking about random topics to try to distract me.
His nurses at uic are really busy and are prone to making mistakes.
Im the type that asks too many questions and he gladly always answers all my questions and made sure i understand everything going on.my first ivf cycle with him was a success and when it was time to transfer to a reg dr he actually took the time to call me personally to congratulate me.my second cycle was unfortunately a chemical pregnancy/ miscarriage, and right after the ultrasound and bad news he took the time to talk to me right away even though he had dozens of patients waiting to talk to him/ have procedures done.
My first cycle with dr zamah, he just copied my protocol from a previous ivf cycle with a different dr.It was a fresh ivf cycle.Birth control.lupron.progesterone, although he tweaked it so i wouldn't get my ovaries enlarged (forgot technical word), which happened to me with previous dr.Transfered one 5day blast and was successful. Second cycle with dr zamah was a frozen cycle.embryos i had made with previous dr about 4 years ago; chemical and eventually a miscarriage.Im currently on my 3rd cycle with dr zamah (4th ivf try).frozen cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Illinois at Chicago. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen has been wonderful.She also doesn't answering my 100 questions and makes sure i got everything i needed; my instructions, my calendar, my work note, and communicates well.super lucky to have her as my nurse considering theres another nurse there who is just awful and doesnt belong in an ivf clinic.This unnamed nurse was not pleasant at all when it came to rescheduling me for test, bloodwork, and ultrasounds due to not being able to miss work.This unnamed nurse gave me wrong information, but fortunately for me being a ivf pro, i caught her mistakes.I feel real bad for the person who eventually gets assaigned to this unnamed nurse.The clinic gets busy and you need to be proactive.question everything.double check everything.bring a copy of all your paperwork with you at every visit because they can lose your results, paperwork etc.your medications...make sure you tell them when you run out of something...ie progesterone.a friend of mine who went to uic ivf clinic, ran out of progesterone, her nurse forgot to tell her she needed to keep taking it.most of the staff are wonderful and pleasant.again...except unnamed nurse.
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
Strengths :Dr. Zamah and cheaper ivf costs Weaknesses: nurses can get so busy that they can misplace your paperwork, will make you retake bloodwork because of this.Unorganized, saying you need to bring in one more thing of paperwork but you already gave it a week ago. One particular nurse at this clinic is simply an idiot and no compassion at all.Ivf protocol:they dont put you to sleep during procedures and you will be awake n feeling every pain out there (unlike other ivf clinics).
I had insurance so my situation will be diffrent from others with no insurance.I do know ivf costs here are much more affordable considering they only do a few procedures (one specific week per month).
With multiple embryo transfers, in my case dr zamah strongly feels against it because of my bicournate uterus and history of incompetent cervix.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
[Dr Zamah was]...very intelligent, honest and compassionate. Always open to explaining, considering my input or revisiting issues...Don't be afraid ask all the questions on your mind. Tell him to give you straight answers and he will....First cycle attempted natural IUI -- negative Second utilized u/s and trigger shot (ovidrel) -- negative Third medicated cycle (clomid and ovidrel) -- positive with m/c at 6 weeks Next 2 IUIs with clomid and ovidrel were negative. First IVF -- antagonist protocol ganirelix, menopur and follistim -- 11 eggs retrieved 5 fertilized, 2 6 cell transferred -- negative beta Second IVF -- agonist long Lupron protocol menopur and follistim with FSH co trigger -- 12 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized but poor quality on day 3 but for one 8 cell grade 2 embryo. 3 day transfer with 2 embryos -- awaiting test results. I've been constantly told I "look good on paper" -- relatively young age, normal lab values, good egg counts noted, but seem to have an egg quality issue. Dr. Zamah was receptive to my concerns about over stimulating with menopur and adjusted dosage throughout second cycle.
in the outpatient building at UIC. Waiting room often really crowded. Obnoxious check in policy of signing in, waiting for clerk to enter info then told to go into another room and register over the phone with an operator....Nursing staff seem really busy, but receptive to calls/questions. Thorough review of results and instructions....Delay in ordering prescriptions that needed prior auth Incident in which wrong lab was ordered to determine timing of IUI.
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
Very intelligent, honest and compassionate. Always open to explaining, considering my input or revisiting issues
Very thoughtful and attentive
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
mostly covered by insurance. Because this clinic does not do full sedation/anesthesia during egg retrieval, the cost of the procedure is significantly lower.
What specific things went wrong at University of Illinois at Chicago?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at University of Illinois at Chicago.

2014 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Zamah] explained everything, he was very kind and understanding. I wasn’t just someone else he had to work with ... He didn’t sugar coat but he was also very positive. ... He was amazing, understanding, caring, explained everything well and was real with our situation. ... We were just another patient, he treated us really well. ... Only complaint is wait time - often it would be up to an hour or more to see him that was frustrating
The Waiting room times are horrible , doctor amazing sometimes the nurses are unavailable for questions, front desk staff can either be awesome or rude depending on day Overall happy with the clinic [UIC Chicago] ... Only complaint is wait time - often it would be up to an hour or more to see him that was frustrating ... Normal doctors costs my insurance was great I had co pays but nothing crazy
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
He was amazing, understanding, caring, explained everything well and was real with our situation. He didn’t sugar coat but he was also very positive. We were just another patient, he treated us really well. Only complaint is wait time - often it would be up to an hour or more to see him that was frustrating
Be aware of wait times in waiting room
He explained everything, he was very kind and understanding. I wasn’t just someone else he had to work with
First fertility meds, ovulation trigger shot and at home conception, that didn’t work so then we went on to IUI
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
Normal doctors costs my insurance was great I had co pays but nothing crazy
None
Chicago
Dr. Zamah was compassionate and watched me very closely so I did not overstimulate as I had a higher risk to do so. He is skilled at what he does, and I am thankful to him that we are expecting our first baby...He was always available to ask a question (when on call) even after transfer...going through the initial steps [at UIC - Chicago] were difficult, but once the clinic knew me, I felt like I got more attention and needs met...[nurse] Karen was able to communicate with me via email, my preferred contact method...
going through the initial steps [at UIC - Chicago] were difficult, but once the clinic knew me, I felt like I got more attention and needs met...[nurse] Karen was able to communicate with me via email, my preferred contact method...Dr. Zamah was compassionate and watched me very closely so I did not overstimulate as I had a higher risk to do so. He is skilled at what he does, and I am thankful to him..He was always available to ask a question (when on call) even after transfer.
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at University of Illinois at Chicago?
Dr. Zamah was compassionate and watched me very closely so I did not overstimulate as I had a higher risk to do so. He is skilled at what he does, and I am thankful to him that we are expecting our first baby in August 2017.
be patient with treatments
He was always available to ask a question (when on call) even after transfer.
Karen was able to communicate with me via email, my preferred contact method.
Describe your experience with University of Illinois at Chicago.
going through the initial steps were difficult, but once the clinic knew me, I felt like I got more attention and needs met.
2011, Successful
Dr. Zamah was warm, caring, smart and experienced. He was considerate but didn't hide the reality of the challenges of our situation. He was thoughtful about our IVF protocol.
How was your experience with Musa Zamah at UCSF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Musa Zamah at UCSF?
He was personal, understanding and empathetic.
UCSF