7.2

Redwood City, CA 94063
Sunnyvale
550 Lakeside Dr
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

He takes the time to check in and see how we're doing at every appointment. He doesn't EVER seem rushed to move on to another client. He is funny yet also takes the time to explain everything to us...Dr. Tran is a big believer in "less is more". We had a low dose of Menopur and Gonal-f for our stim cycle. ...He just sits back and listens when he needs to and asks probing questions when necessary. When our transfer didn't work, he called to check in and was sympathetic to our needs at that time.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
With my other healthcare professionals, I call him my favorite nerd. He goes into so much detail if you ask questions and explains everything we want to know. He gets excited about how the numbers progress and even has little jokes about what is going on. I really appreciate his approach and expertise in the area. From our first meeting, I knew he was the right doctor for us. He is so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. There aren't many doctors that we interviewed that make you feel comfortable in an IVF clinic. Dr. Tran does that. He just sits back and listens when he needs to and asks probing questions when necessary. When our transfer didn't work, he called to check in and was sympathetic to our needs at that time. He took the time on a Friday night to explain what our next choices were and what we could do vs. what he suggests we do. I feel very well taken care of with Dr. Tran.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Be honest with him. He will, without a second thought, tell you what he thinks. I really appreciate his honesty.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Tran is a big believer in "less is more". We had a low dose of Menopur and Gonal-f for our stim cycle. He worked with my teaching schedule to plan our retrieval during my Christmas break. I felt less sick during my IVF cycle than I did on some of my IUI cycles. He would rather get 10 really great mature eggs and have all of them make it to freeze than 20 eggs, and an uncomfortable, broke patient, with similar results. We had a little set back when we began our cycle, I had two cysts and he immediately said it would impact our numbers and he was right. We were originally expecting 14-16 at retrieval. He explained to me how the cysts would impact the cycle and asked me how I would like to proceed. I always let him make the decisions as he's the expert we want to control our cycle. He went along with our cycle and we had 12 follicles, 10 mature, 8 fertilized-freeze. We transferred one at day 5. We still have 7 frozen and are going through a "natural" transfer cycle again on my timelines for spring break. He's amazing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Although I've only met Allie once at a difficult blood draw day, she was amazing and helpful then and every time I email/call. The rest of the nursing team, especially Susannah (she's who I see most of the mornings), is amazing! They're all there to support you and have a smile on their faces. They reassure you that everything's okay and help you understand when things are not.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring has such a great team. They are great at patient support when you're there with them. It has been tough to get ahold of the finance department when we need support, but eventually, we get in touch with them and they're amazing and give you all the information you need. We especially love the transparency of the pricing. There are clear costs up front that allow you to budget and make decisions based on your health and your financial situation up front without having to think about the extra costs that might come up. If we had any recommendations around that it would be to get the med package. It was fantastic to not have to think about how much each vial cost, and when we needed more they supported that process even when the vial costs went up during our cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
$14,500 for IVF then a $1000 teacher discount. They handled our medication package which was $3700 since I respond well to meds through Alto so it gets delivered same day. Our current FET costs $3250 with a discount because our previous failed fresh transfer.
San Francisco

Dr Tran is one of the most brilliant doctors I have ever met. He is truly gifted in his area of care. I have several other friends who have seen him and none of us have had the same protocol, yet we have all been successful with him! He is up to date on all the latest advances, and truly treats every patient as an individual. He really assesses each persons situation and comes up with the best protocol to suit them. I always felt that he really cared about me.
The entire office [Spring ] treated me so well from the front office, the medical staff, the doctors, and the nurses. You never ever feel like you’re just a number. I really felt like they cared so much about me. They always did everything they could to accommodate me. I never waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment, even when I was super early....Allie is such a wonderful and kind nurse. On top of that, she is super competent and organized. I really felt that she cared about me. She is on top of everything and is really great at communication.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He’s super direct, and you should appreciate that about him. He always gives it to you straight. Also, be super straight with him too.
The entire office treated me so well from the front office, the medical staff, the doctors, and the nurses. You never ever feel like you’re just a number. I really felt like they cared so much about me. They always did everything they could to accommodate me. I never waited more than 5 minutes for an appointment, even when I was super early.
We did a straight start with no priming or any kind. For a dor patient like me, he didn’t think priming was necessary, and he was right! I did a cycle at a different clinic with estrogen priming and max meds, and only got 2 embryos. With dr tran, he started me off with medium doses of follistim and menopur, and slowly reduced them as the cycle went on. I ended up with 9 eggs, but got 7 High quality blastocysts!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie Bell )
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I echo all the other reviewers’ sentiments. This place really is like a spa. It’s beautiful, tranquil, and truly up to date on all the latest equipment. I really cannot think of anything negative to say. They’re also open 365 days a year and always available. I trust spring fertility 100%. I’ve referred other friends here as well, and they all end up loving Spring just as much as I do.
Honestly, I still haven’t received my final bill yet.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr Tran strongly suggested single embryo transfers, which we agreed was he best option. However, I ended up having 3 failed embryo transfers. I sought immune treatment and also requested to have 2 embryos transferred for my 4th transfer. Although Dr tran still advised us to do a single, he listened to us and went with our decision to do 2. We wanted to do 2 because of the cost and chance of higher success.

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Tran is a wonderful person. I always felt like he remembered everything about my case and was very reassuring.. Dr. Tran has tried to help me over the years with my intrauterine scarring issue (Asherman's Syndrome) and my resulting abnormally thin lining issue. He is very pro estrogen therapy...... I AGAIN went back to see Dr. Tran for yet another hysteroscopy because I love and trust him so much...He has also consulted with me over email and the phone about my thin uterine lining issues and saw me for an emergency ultrasound
the clinic [Spring Fertility] felt like a spa and everyone is really nice and respectful and I did not feel like I was in a fertility factory....Everyone at Spring Fertility...is wonderful. Seriously. It feels like a spa. Everyone is so nice and respectful.... He [Dr. Tran] is my gold standard of doctoring. His office sent our family a holiday card...Dr. Tran is a wonderful person. I always felt like he remembered everything about my case and was very reassuring...
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I first saw Dr. Tran when he was still practicing at UCSF and I was living in San Francisco. I went in to ask him if I had a fertility issue because I had had two miscarriages and was having very light periods. He assured me that I did not have recurrent pregnancy loss and that I had a lot of follicles so didn't have to worry about timing yet. I was subsequently diagnosed by another doctor in Dallas (where I moved to next) with Asherman's Syndrome (intrauterine scarring caused by a D&C after my first miscarriage). I flew back to San Francisco twice to have Dr. Tran perform hysteroscopies to remove the scarring. After I had my first child and was again diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome (possibly recurring from a c-section or never fully resolved) and was living in DC at the time, I AGAIN went back to see Dr. Tran for yet another hysteroscopy because I love and trust him so much. I sometimes still wish I lived in San Francisco so I could go see him. He has also consulted with me over email and the phone about my thin uterine lining issues and saw me for an emergency ultrasound when I happened to be in San Francisco during my pregnancy and was having a lot of bleeding. He is my gold standard of doctoring. His office sent our family a holiday card and I put it up on my fridge because I like looking at him. He provided hope to me when a doctor in Dallas told me there was nothing he could do for me and I needed a gestational carrier (in a twist of fate, I am now pursuing the gestational carrier route for a second child!). I really cannot say enough good things about Dr. Tran.
If you don't understand what Dr. Tran is saying, ask him to repeat it or write it down. He actually made me a really cool diagram of what was going on once and I kept it for a long time. He's very patient so don't feel like you can't ask your questions.
Dr. Tran is a wonderful person. I always felt like he remembered everything about my case and was very reassuring. He wrote personal emails to me right away and also was always available to talk. He is very good at being optimistic while also discussing risks and downsides. He gives wonderful patient-initiated hugs.
I think I covered this previously. Dr. Tran has tried to help me over the years with my intrauterine scarring issues (Asherman's Syndrome) and my resulting abnormally thin lining issue. He performed three of the six total hysteroscopies that I have had to date. After the first three hysteroscopies (one from a doctor in Dallas and two from Dr. Tran), I actually conceived my first child (using a protocol set in place by another doctor). Dr. Tran was the doctor who said my lining looked good enough to try getting pregnant again and he was right because I did get pregnant on my first try using injectables and timed intercourse. For baby number two, I am pursuing a gestational carrier because after three more hysteroscopies (one of which was performed by Dr. Tran and two of which were performed by a doctor in New York) and two failed FETs, I am worn out by the whole process and my lining is both abnormally thin and fluid filled - both things that are hard to treat. Plus there are a number of other risk factors from the first pregnancy. In short, results are mixed because I had a successful pregnancy after two hysteroscopies plus estrogen therapy under Dr. Tran's care, BUT I am now pursuing a gestational carrier because I don't think anyone, including Dr. Tran, is able to fix my lining this time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Everyone at Spring Fertility (and UCSF when Dr. Tran was there) is wonderful. Seriously. It feels like a spa. Everyone is so nice and respectful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I was a "weird" patient who was traveling from out of state and not going in for routine things like bloodwork and ultrasounds. As I mentioned, the clinic felt like a spa and everyone is really nice and respectful. Can't think of any weaknesses.
Most of my treatments with Dr. Tran were medical treatments covered by my insurance (as opposed to fertility treatments that are often capped or excluded). So the costs were not a big deal. I think my first two hysteroscopies with Dr. Tran were totally covered. My third one was out of network and I think I paid $1,000 for it.
I didn't see Dr. Tran for this issue, but I can tell you that he is pro eSET. My successful pregnancy was a triplet pregnancy resulting from taking injectables plus doing timed intercourse. It was a dichorionic triamniotic triplet pregnancy (identical twins sharing a placenta and a singleton) and Dr. Tran very strongly counseled me to have a multi-fetal pregnancy reduction of the identical twins due to the risks of multiples and particularly multiples in this configuration. So I cannot imagine him promoting multiples! Obviously these questions depend on age and quality of the embryos, but I'm pretty sure he would encourage singletons.
San Francisco
Dr Tran will work with you, on your terms, in a way that makes you feel confident. He will let you trybwith your own eggs and not just push donor eggs to up his success rates. But the biggest thing- they sent flowers to me during the tww to send "good vibes during this time". Way different than my first clinic who basically told me my eggs were garbage!...I started letrozole after ovulation for 10 days and did a mini stim cycle to calm down my endometriosis. I was in way less stim meds this cycle and I think that helped my egg quality immensely. We did a fresh 3dt with 3 embryos. One stuck!
They're [Spring Fertility] a boutique clinic with only two doctors, so you really get specialized care and feel like a VIP. I saw my doctor at every appointment except for one, but they have to have days off! I really doubt he takes very many. I've been to other clinics. To me, they just seem more knowledgeable and more compassionate than the others. They don't have weaknesses. The only issue I had is that the clinic is a 3 hour drive from where I live, but absolutely worth the commute
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I was referred to him by my acupuncturists who said he deals with the "toughest cases." He is friendly, professional, patient, compassionate, and amazing at his job!!! I had two failed ivf cycles elsewhere. If I had come to him first, I would have saved a lot of time and money. My first cycle with him was a success!! I plan on going back when I'm ready for baby number 2.
They know what they're doing! They are open to your ideas if you have a certain plan in mind, but you can trust them!
Everyone in their office is so friendly and professional! The nursing staff is top notch and always positive. Their office is beautiful and comfortable. Dr Tran will work with you, on your terms, in a way that makes you feel confident. He will let you trybwith your own eggs and not just push donor eggs to up his success rates. But the biggest thing- they sent flowers to me during the tww to send "good vibes during this time". Way different than my first clinic who basically told me my eggs were garbage!
She is so nice! Compassionate! Always responded to my emails and voice messages very quickly, and if there was ever an issue- with insurance etc, she handled it quickly
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They're a boutique clinic with only two doctors, so you really get specialized care and feel like a VIP. I saw my doctor at every appointment except for one, but they have to have days off! I really doubt he takes very many. I've been to other clinics. To me, they just seem more knowledgeable and more compassionate than the others. They don't have weaknesses. The only issue I had is that the clinic is a 3 hour drive from where I live, but absolutely worth the commute
He will do one or more depending on the patient's wishes, the quality of the embryos, and the patient's age.
San Francisco

I worked with Dr. Tran at UCSF and it was a modern, friendly place...[Nurse] Olga was very responsive. She answers lots of my questions about the protocol along the way and assured me I was doing things right...Egg retrieval ~$13,000 Each frozen embryo transfer $3,000-4,000...I felt like I was in great hands....Egg retrieval (birth control, Follistim + Menopur, Ganirelix) - 19 eggs --> 6 5-day embryos Frozen egg transfer (birth control, Lupron shots, Vivelle patch, progesterone shots)
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I felt like I was in great hands. I knew he lectured around the world on fertility treatment, so it was clear he understood the science but also genuinely wanted to apply the science and help each patient. He never rushed us during visits and had a good sense of humor, which my husband really appreciated :) He was responsive to my needs, e.g., allowed me to talk to an IVF therapist free of charge after my second failed transfer. I can't recommend him highly enough -- it's hard to be an IVF patient because you're always wondering "will it work?!" but I had a great experience with him and never questioned his care.
Don't hesitate to ask questions; his answers are spot on!
Dr. Tran explained our situation with clarity and compassion during the entire process (retrieval through first trimester, after which I was transferred to OBGYN). My hormone treatment felt very customized and I felt like he was invested in our success, e.g., didn't do a fresh transfer because my hormone levels weren't optimum; waiting was hard, but I trusted his judgement. After two failed transfers, he suggested a uterine scratch because it was worth a shot and wanted me to feel like we were "doing everything we could." When I felt like a failure, he reminded me of the probabilities and the role of genetics (versus what I did or didn't do during the cycle). He was always willing to work with us and we'll be using him again for sure!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Olga Salamanca)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I worked with Dr. Tran at UCSF and it was a modern, friendly place; I know he's started his own clinic (Spring) and I imagine it's equally nice.
Egg retrieval ~$13,000 Each frozen embryo transfer $3,000-4,000
We loved his approach - patience is a virtue! We really only wanted a singleton (otherwise we could have done hormones + IUIs), and it was tempting to want to transfer two embryos to have success more quickly, but because our embryos were of good enough quality, we stuck with one embryo per transfer and were glad we did -- one baby is plenty of work :)

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Review of
I think Doctor Tran was actually a great doctor. He was honest and upfront and compassionate. I felt I knew what to expect and I appreciated after both IVFs failed that he was honest about how we probably shouldn't bother to continue and waste money and go through the emotional trauma. My issues are mostly with the clinic and caseload and feeling like a number. He has since left UCSF so not too much to say...First, we added Omnitrope injections which can sometimes help with egg quality. Second, we did co-culture which can help with the division issue. Unfortunately, this actually seemed to hurt rather than help. We got 7 eggs, but only 4 were mature. 3 fertilized with ICSI and two of them made it to day 3, but they were of worse quality than our first cycle. Since they were too poor of quality to freeze we ended up transferring both. Again, negative pregnancy test.
We sat in the waiting room [at UCSF] for an hour and had to delay the transfer because they couldn't seem to find a room to put us in. Every 20 minutes or so I would ask but they would just tell me someone was coming to get me...the nurse we worked with on all our IUIs and IVF #1 tried to sign us up for IVF Orientation forgetting we'd already done it... my protocol said one thing and the voicemail they left said another regarding the trigger shot...our final phone appointment with the doctor, he never showed up. We had to call the after-hours line and have him paged. No explanation or apology for missing the appointment (and this was the appointment where he told us we probably shouldn't move forward with anymore ART)
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at UCSF?
Be prepared to deal with UCSF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at UCSF?
With IVF there were frequent issues with mixing up my file with someone else's, forgetting to send me calendars for cycles, late to phone appointments, mistakes on my calendar (dosage says one thing in print, different in their voicemails). My good friend used the same doctor and nurses and had a very different experience so I think perhaps my expectations were too high. In her case they called her every afternoon with daily blood draw results, etc. In my case, I had to call them for that after not hearing from them. As a doctor in the room with you he and his staff are great, but logistically, I didn't feel like I was getting the care that the epic cost warrants. Doing IUI was even worse, they would wait too long to order the trigger shot and it would be hours of phone time fighting with insurance and the mail-order pharmacy to get the necessary shot mailed to me in time. Way too stressful.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at UCSF and their degree of success.
Both IVF cycles I used the Demi-Halt Protocol which seems to be common for women with Diminished Ovarian Reserve. This means definitely no birth control pills, but instead doing 10 unit Lupron injections for a cycle, followed by stims in the next cycle. First IVF I was on 225 Follistim and 150 Menopur. Trigger shot was Pregnyl 10,000 units (I believe with another big dose of Follistim). After stims I was on Progesterone in Oil injections as well as Estrace. I got 6 eggs from that cycle. 5 were mature. They did Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) on all 5 and 4 of them fertilized. We went in for a day 3 transfer and were told that all our embryos stopped dividing except one and it wasn't great quality. We transferred the one and it failed. IVF was the same protocol except we added two things. First, we added Omnitrope injections which can sometimes help with egg quality. Second, we did co-culture which can help with the division issue. Unfortunately, this actually seemed to hurt rather than help. We got 7 eggs, but only 4 were mature. 3 fertilized with ICSI and two of them made it to day 3, but they were of worse quality than our first cycle. Since they were too poor of quality to freeze we ended up transferring both. Again, negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
Olga was a lovely person and seemed like someone who is HYPER organized but just had too much going on. She'd forget to call me with results, forget to send me the calendar when we scheduled a phone call to review my calendar, and our second cycle seemed to forget we had already done a previous cycle with her (she tried to sign us up for the orientation class). This stuff really upset me because I wanted to feel cared for. I've been with my husband for 19 years and this was our last shot at trying to make a baby (and we delayed even trying because we wanted to get out of debt...this put us back into debt and I wanted to get the very best). Every nurse I met with for monitoring, retrievals, etc. was kind, patient and really wonderful. I just had issue with the logistical side.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
Strengths: Beautiful new offices overlooking the bay in a GREAT facility that seems top-notch. Awesome doctors. Constantly researching. Great nurses who are lovely to deal with. Weaknesses: You're literally just a number and have to stay on top of your own care (make sure you call them for results, request materials that were promised, insure your meds are ordered). There are so many moving parts in IVF between the pharmacies, the insurance, the financing company, the doctors, etc I appreciate how many things they did get right, but I definitely have a bitter taste in my mouth when I think about the experience. I think they are just overwhelmed with cases.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at UCSF.
All my IUIs were covered by insurance so I just paid co-pays. For IVF nothing was covered, so we purchased a financing package through ARC both times. It was $12,216.98 for a one fresh cycle package (included a frozen cycle but we never got to use it). Then we paid out of pocket $2000 for ICSI. We did the same thing for cycle 2 paying an additional $850 for Embryo Co-Culture. We paid for all the medications out of pocket. Cycle two's meds were $3575. Cycle one was a little cheaper because some friends gave me their leftover medications AND I found some manufacturer coupons online. I can't remember the totals though.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
I've noted these in previous questions but: -IUIs 1-3 the nurse didn't call my RX into the pharmacy and I had to pay out of pocket to get it locally in time and insurance wouldn't reimburse IVF #1: They never called with results after monitoring appointments. Took all day to get news after egg retrieval. IVf #1: Not thrilled that most of our embryos didn't survive and they didn't bother to tell us until we were there ready and excited for our transfer IVF #1: UCSF asserts that they are supportive of Eastern medicine practices like acupuncture if the patient wants and you can make arrangements to do this at the clinic. I called days before my transfer to make arrangements for having acupuncture before and after the transfer itself. We arrived over an hour before the transfer as instructed but they just had us wait. We sat in the waiting room for an hour and had to delay the transfer because they couldn't seem to find a room to put us in. Every 20 minutes or so I would ask but they would just tell me someone was coming to get me. The nurse then came out to take me to my transfer and I explained I'd be sitting there for an hour waiting to do acupuncture and I really wanted to do that first since it was our plan, and I was paying someone for their time. She was pretty annoyed about it. It was a lot of stress during a time that should NOT have been stressful. They ended up putting us in a freezing cold sterile room with bright lights (great for acupuncture and relaxing). -IVF #2 the nurse we worked with on all our IUIs and IVF #1 tried to sign us up for IVF Orientation forgetting we'd already done it. -IVF #2 the nurse dialed in for our phone appointment. The whole point of the appointment was to review the calendar but she had forgotten to send it to me and it wasn't actually ready so she had to reschedule -IVF #2 my protocol said one thing and the voicemail they left said another regarding the trigger shot IVF #2 our final phone appointment with the doctor, he never showed up. We had to call the after-hours line and have him paged. No explanation or apology for missing the appointment (and this was the appointment where he told us we probably shouldn't move forward with anymore ART)

2015, Unknown Success
Review of
I appreciated Dr. Tran's direct and kind manner. He was matter-of-fact when discussing our situation with us and I think set very realistic expectations. He was readily available by phone when we had questions and extremely reassuring when I got anxious about a few different things...I always felt like Dr. Tran was the one overseeing my care, and I appreciated the continuity. He was proactive in my treatment, and always communicative about why he was recommending next steps. My husband and I both felt like we were in excellent hands.
Unfortunately, I had no coverage for IVF. Costs for my medications were around $4,000 to $5,000 per cycle, and cost for the procedure itself (monitoring appointments, retrieval and anesthesia, fertilization, and transfer) was around $11,000...I felt like I was under his care the entire time--though UCSF has a shared practice and I occasionally saw other doctors for my various visits and check-ins, I always felt like Dr. Tran was the one overseeing my care, and I appreciated the continuity. He was proactive in my treatment, and always communicative about why he was recommending next steps. My husband and I both felt like we were in excellent hands.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
Dr. Tran was a gem. Direct, kind, compassionate, and patient. I felt like I was under his care the entire time--though UCSF has a shared practice and I occasionally saw other doctors for my various visits and check-ins, I always felt like Dr. Tran was the one overseeing my care, and I appreciated the continuity. He was proactive in my treatment, and always communicative about why he was recommending next steps. My husband and I both felt like we were in excellent hands.
I can't think of a thing -- he is great!
I had already tried several cycles (eight, I believe) at Kaiser of letrozole with timed intercourse and IUI, and two cycles of injectables with IUI with no success. When I finally asked about IVF at Kaiser, my doctor there discouraged me from doing it at Kaiser for a few reasons; namely that their IVF facilities are very limited and they wouldn't be able to see me for a few months. So by the time I got to Dr. Tran we knew we were there for IVF and began with that protocol. My first cycle on injectables in preparation for IVF I had no response--I produced either one or two eggs. So we did another IUI (so as not to waste the cycle) with no results. Discouraged, we had a good phone call with Dr. Tran where he encouraged us to try again, saying as much as they can do for us it also always comes down to a bit of luck and the unknown. After taking a couple of cycles off due to travel and the holidays, we tried again and had a successful retrieval and implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Olga)
After a less than stellar experience at Kaiser SF, I cannot praise Olga enough. I felt SO WELL TAKEN CARE OF. Everything from the initial paperwork (which can be quite daunting) to scheduling appointment to obtaining medications, etc., could not have been easier. Olga and the rest of the folks at UCSF CRH do an amazing job of making what is a yucky, annoying, complicated process as smooth and easy as possible. Olga herself was proactive in calling to schedule appointments, returning calls and answering questions, putting me in touch with Dr. Tran directly when necessary, and getting me moving through the whole process. I really really felt like I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The brand-new Center for Reproductive Health at UCSF is fantastic. Beautifully and thoughtfully built and laid out, it has what can only be described as a spa-like atmosphere (as far as you can, in a medical setting!). There are different waiting rooms for patients waiting for different procedures. The exam rooms have all the latest bells and whistles, and everything seems to have been designed with the patients' comfort and privacy in mind. Prior to signing on, CRH offers informational sessions on what to expect / the basics of reproductive health and assistance, and they put you in touch with someone in billing who can help you sort out your coverage (if you are lucky enough to have it) and answer questions. Unlike at Kaiser SF, the CRH specifically asks patients not to bring young kids to the practice, as a gesture of sensitivity to what the patience are going through. I appreciated this.

2015, 6 Eggs Frozen
Review of
...I knew exactly what my options were, and what my personal treatment plan with projected outcomes would be. The whole procedure went exactly as planned. Dr. Tran even came back early from vacation to personally perform my retrieval. I am very glad I trusted him with my treatment and recommend him highly....Dr. Tran made me feel like a human because he thoughtfully and carefully talked me through the process and explained exactly my personal probability of success.
...It's [UCSF Fertility] academic reputation and proximity to my work made it very appealing. However, as great as my primary care team was, I was surprised by the disorganized and perfunctory way they look after patient cases. There were two times when an automated voicemail would say come in for a visit but then the personnel I was supposed to see thought we had a phone consult. It was rare that an appt started on time - usually I had to wait 15-20 min.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Tran. From the very beginning and throughout the treatment procedure, he was courteous, patient, and caring, and very respectful of my time and questions. I walked in freeling a little overwhelmed by all I had read on the Internet, and within 10 minutes after my ultrasound, I knew exactly what my options were, and what my personal treatment plan with projected outcomes would be. The whole procedure went exactly as planned. Dr. Tran even came back early from vacation to personally perform my retrieval. I am very glad I trusted him with my treatment and recommend him highly.
Try not to be anxious and take advantage of this time to pamper and take care of yourself. I also spoke with many friends who were either had frozen their eggs or were undergoing related treatments, and that sense of camaraderie and community was so helpful.
Dr. Tran made me feel like a human because he thoughtfully and carefully talked me through the process and explained exactly my personal probability of success. He made sure all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable with my decision. I would recommend him to anyone seeking care.
I tracked all of this in a treatment diary spreadsheet and have the exact doses, dates, timing. At a high level: primed with Lupron 11 days, then Menopur, Omnitrope, Follostim for 13 days, then the hCG trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Olga Salamanca)
Olga is great. Throughout my experience, I found Olga very organized, responsive, and reliable. She even helped me run prescriptions through two pharmacies because I was mindful of out-of-pocket expenses. She has such a warm personality too, and balances friendly support with her clinical professionalism.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
I saw Dr. Tran at UCSF. It's academic reputation and proximity to my work made it very appealing. However, as great as my primary care team was, I was surprised by the disorganized and perfunctory way they look after patient cases. There were two times when an automated voicemail would say come in for a visit but then the personnel I was supposed to see thought we had a phone consult. It was rare that an appt started on time - usually I had to wait 15-20 min. Plus the orientations and workshops they gave on treatments and medications mixed us egg freezers with IVF patients which was confusing and awkward at times given the differences in our situations and goals. Even the orientation binder was this overwhelming book of photocopies and admin paperwork not clearly organized with patient needs in mind. I think they get great volume but at times sacrifice the personal touch.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at UCSF.
My insurance covered some of the medications. My costs: $6655 procedure plus initial consult plus 5 years storage $2167 meds $763 anaesthesia $303 labs $60 vitamins, ovulation kit Total was around $9500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
The appointment and scheduling needs work. Taking time away from work for an in office visit is already an inconvenience. I mentioned the two times when the automated voicemail said to come in when I could have had a 15-30 min phone call instead. Also there were a couple times when I was in the waiting area for 20-30 min and had to keep checking in so they'd remember to let me into see someone.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Review of
My experience was fantastic. It was a longer road than we anticipated but I always felt that I was well-informed, supported, and getting the best care. He's [Dr. Nam Tran] very personable and easy to talk to. He's also extremely smart and cares about the families he works with...He's accessible- use that. Ask all your questions- whether in the appointment or over email. He's very responsive and understanding.
The new Mission Bay campus [at UCSF Fertility] is a pretty different experience- very spa-like. But I find the front desk staff to be super friendly (Maria!) and all the nurses are great. Fantastic experience overall...I loved Olga! She was efficient and responsive. She was so excited when I finally got pregnant...I was trying to conceive with donor sperm. We did three IUIs and I had a chemical pregnancy and then a miscarriage. At 40 years old, my ratio of good eggs was likely low as I had no other diagnosed problems. I tried Clomid. I had another chemical pregnancy on the 6th try or so. Then we moved on to IVF. I did the egg retrieval, PGS-tested my embryos, did one failed transfer, and then one successful one.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
My experience was fantastic. It was a longer road than we anticipated but I always felt that I was well-informed, supported, and getting the best care. He's very personable and easy to talk to. He's also extremely smart and cares about the families he works with.
Dr. Tran is excellent at addressing the emotional aspects of the fertility process. He always checked in on how I was doing and I needed that.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
The new Mission Bay campus is a pretty different experience- very spa-like. But I find the front desk staff to be super friendly (Maria!) and all the nurses are great. Fantastic experience overall.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UCSF.
It was fine- always in a certain hour like 7:30-8:30
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UCSF.
Dr. Tran was pretty adamant that I should only transfer one embryo at a time since I'm a single mom and definitely didn't want to risk twins. But by my second transfer, I talked him into transferring two. I was desperate for it to work. And it did. Now I feel like that was probably a bigger risk than I realized but he understood my emotional state and agreed.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and honest with his thoughts. He respects you as a patient and will provide you with direct answers to any of your questions. He does create personalized protocols for everyone. Even with the monitoring appointments where I was seen by other doctors, Dr. Tran will make sure to review the findings and the follow-up instructions will only be given by him...
Spring has good customer service. The front desk is always welcoming. Nurses that I've seen are caring and patient. Compared to my previous clinic, I felt I mattered to Spring and they care about me as a patien...My primary nurse is Jill and my coordinator is Michelle. I absolutely love both of them. They are always on top of everything and very responsive. I couldn't ask for a better team to guide me through the whole process....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is not the warmest doctor and some may describe his bedside manner as below average, but if you don't care too much about comforting talks and just want good results, I'd definitely recommend him.
For my only IVF cycle, I was on the mid-luteal protocol, which eventually resulted in 36 eggs, 35 matured, and 10 day-5 Embryos (9 passed PGT). I did one natural frozen embryo transfer, and resulted in a successful ongoing pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
Insurance covered
Dr. Tran prefers single embryo transfer, especially given this is my first cycle.
San Francisco
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He [Dr. Nam Tran] tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) [at Spring Fertility] were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!...The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!...I used Clomid for a minimum stimulation cycle. Although I was only 31, my ovaries behave as if they are 49...Every provider at Spring is outstanding however, Dr. Tran is a perfect balance between compassion and directness. I feel as though I had all of the information I needed, and I had complete realistic expectations the entire time. I will absolutely use him a second time. New Patient Advice
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
If you’re looking for sugar-coating, you’re barking up the wrong tree. He tells the absolute truth using science and data no matter what. He will not pull punches to make you feel better. That said, TRUST HIM.
Dr. Tran was 100% transparent about my diagnosis, prognosis (it wasn’t good; my AMH was 0.18 at age 31!), and what I could expect. I feel like his transparency allowed me to have realistic expectations, which is the most compassionate thing a fertility doctor can do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette)
Brittany Ann (my patient navigator) and Yvette (my nurse) were perfect. I could not have asked for a more professional, informative, and compassionate team!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I work in the fertility field. I could have gone anywhere, but I chose Spring. The employees are all wonderful, trustworthy people. I KNOW it is stressful, but trust the process and be kind to the staff. They know their stuff!
I do not recall the exact number. I had extraneous costs related to the donor sperm I used, mandatory FDA testing, etc.
Not applicable. I was only freezing embryos.
San Francisco

Dr. Tran is a thoughtful and compassionate doctor. He explained things very clearly and was straightforward about the challenges he anticipated in our case, which I really appreciated. He updated us at every step so I never felt confused about what to expect. Overall he gave us very realistic expectations...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
The best thing about Spring was the care felt very personal. Everyone knew our names, and even the embryologist came to introduce himself before our egg retrieval. I felt very cared for throughout the entire process...Allie was friendly, caring, and compassionate. She always responded very promptly to questions and was very clear in her instructions regarding medication dosing, etc...I completed an egg retrieval using an antagonist protocol (Lupron followed by follistim/menopur) and day 5 fresh embryo transfer with 2 embryos. I am currently pregnant with one (due next month).
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Ask all of your questions! He is well-informed on advances in fertility care and applying new data to individual patients.
Dr. Tran and his staff always treated me like an individual. They all knew details of my case, and seeing a Dr at all of my monitoring visits made me feel like they took my cycle seriously and wanted to individualize the treatment course.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Dr. Tran educated us thoroughly on the risks and benefits of multiple embryo transfer vs eSET and ultimately the decision was up to us.

Review of
He [Dr Tran] is pragmatic and to the point. We had a simple issue to address and he had the answers. He ordered the right tests to get us the answers. There was not a lot of hand holding, but I didn't feel like I needed it. He kept it simple....He spent a good amount of time with us in the beginning. And any time I ran into him in the hall during monitoring he remembered me and my case despite the fact that he sees tons of patients a day.
I had a good experience [at UCSF], but I have nothing else to compare it to. The clinic felt like a spa. Especially the egg retrieval area. I always felt like I was in good hands even with the other doctors I saw. It was actually nice to see multiple doctors during the stim phase. I had a chance to get different opinions of how the cycle was going. The nurse staff was all friendly and sweet. Payment was straight forward.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
He is pragmatic and to the point. We had a simple issue to address and he had the answers. He ordered the right tests to get us the answers. There was not a lot of hand holding, but I didn't feel like I needed it. He kept it simple.
Ask the questions you want to ask. He will have a good answer.
I stimmed for 11 days, then had an egg retrieval and had a fresh transfer on day 5. So far it was a classic straight forward IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UCSF. (Assigned nurse: Olga Salamaca)
She did a good job, was on top of things and called me back right away to answer questions. I get a little flustered that they called to tell me the dose change, I wish she just e-mailed me so I could double check later at night when I was given the shots. But I think this is more hospital protocol than her fault.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
I had a good experience, but I have nothing else to compare it to. The clinic felt like a spa. Especially the egg retrieval area. I always felt like I was in good hands even with the other doctors I saw. It was actually nice to see multiple doctors during the stim phase. I had a chance to get different opinions of how the cycle was going. The nurse staff was all friendly and sweet. Payment was straight forward.
About $12,000

2012 - 2015, Successful
Review of
We had a complicated case of unexplained infertility and Dr. Tram talked us through so many potential options and things to try, always giving us a cost benefit analysis so we could make informed decisions. He was willing to try new things, experimental and things just being explored, and was open about them all, giving us the option to decide with his advise. We trusted him and maybe more importantly felt he trusted us.
[UCSF Fertility] is a big busy clinic and you see a lot of different practitioners. After years of care here I felt known by them all, but if you like a more top to bottom by the same small team kind of care, this isn't a fit for you...All the nurses we worked with were compassionate and caring. They also knew their stuff!...The only real issues I had were with billing. Billing Dept was terrible.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
We has a complicated case of unexplained infertility and Dr. Tram talked us through so many potential options and things to try, always giving us a cost benefit analysis so we could make informed decisions. He was willing to try new things, experimental and things just being explored, and was open about them all, giving us the option to decide with his advise. We trusted him and maybe more importantly felt he trusted us.
He is straightforward and dry (sense of humor-wise ). Perfect for us, but not for everyone.
I loved Dr. Tran. He was always frank and we were an upsetting case for him...trying everything and finding no answers and no babies for so long. Our last few cycles, he did all our retrievals and transfers whether it was his week to do procedures or not. He was very invested in our care and our outcomes...cared about our mental health, our desires, our goals etc. I felt respected and understood as well as advised well.
Describe your experience with UCSF.
It is a big busy clinic and you see a lot of different practitioners. After years of care here I felt known by them all, but if you like a more top to bottom by the same small team kind of care, this isn't a fit for you.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
The only real issues I had were with billing. Billing Dept was terrible.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Review of
I really delt that Dr. Tram was looking out for us but overall the whole experience still felt like we were part of a very structured, orderly system.... Dr. Tran was very professional and honest and helpful. He also checked in on us while he was on vacation (during our hormone injection cycle) which was not necessary but I truly appreciated at the time to know our unique case was being looked after. Forever grateful to this man for our beautiful, healthy child.
Strengths — top notch clinic [UCSF] in san francisco, doctors with proven track records of success, well funded and organized. Weaknesses... overall it felt like we were one of thousand being treated at any given time and we HATED having to attend the crowded introduction seminar at the beginning. That felt really weird and impersonal to us.... Pretty sure we spent 30K when all was said and done. There were all the initial tests for both of us, then genetic counseling, IVF with ICSI plus TESE sperm retreval from an on-site urologist.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at UCSF?
I really delt that Dr. Tram was looking out for us but overall the whole experience still felt like we were part of a very structured, orderly system. Which I realize may be necessary and ultimately we were happy with our care.
I don’t really recall
Describe your experience with UCSF.
Strengths — top notch clinic in san francisco, doctors with proven track records of success, well funded and organized. Weaknesses... overall it felt like we were one of thousand being treated at any given time and we HATED having to attend the crowded introduction seminar at the beginning. That felt really weird and impersonal to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at UCSF.
We were surprised when they recommended two the morning of transfer but by then we only had three embryos so we agreed with the rationale. Happily ended up with a singleton birth.

Investor
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
I have been to other clinics that are run like a factory. Spring is warm, intimate and run so well. You are seen on time and you are never left wondering with questions. You are treated like family, not like a number...My [nurse] is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care...My outcome was as important to him [Dr. Nam Tran] as it was to me...He is incredibly warm and caring.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
A lot of people say that he isn't warm or doesn't have a great beside manner. I would completely disagree. He is incredibly warm and caring. He is elated when your results are good and so sad when they don't . work out. But above all else he tells you the truth and will never lead you to believe something false because it makes you feel better. He will design your treatment with you in mind to get the best possible outcome.
He will tell it to you straight. And even if your odds are not great he will do everything in his power to get you a good result. He does not shy away from tough cases.
I was treated as if I was his most important patient. My outcome was as important to him as it was to me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My Lee)
My is an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond for the patients in her care.
San Francisco

Both Dr. Tran and his staff [Spring Fertility] has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions....Dr. Tran Is very knowledgeable, informative and caring. I have been through 2 cycles with with Dr. Tran but I unfortunately both had negative results but he has guided me along the way and has answered every question I’ve had.
The one thing I love most about this clinic [Spring Fertility] is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.... My Nurse has been very helpful and informative. Most of my questions are usually answered within a couple of hours. She’s very knowledgeable and knows my next steps.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions and make sure you’re comfortable with Dr. Tran and the clinic.
Both Dr. Tran and his staff has been very responsive and informative with all of my questions.
Sorry, I don’t remember.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The one thing I love most about this clinic is the connivence. They have multiple offices across the Bay Area and I’ve been able to go to one just a few minutes from my job which has been extremely helpful considering there are a ton of appointments. The only time I would have to go to the main clinic is for the big procedures which I don’t mind.
Each round is roughly around 10,000.00 (not including medication)
San Francisco
Dr Tran is a busy man so have to take all my questions with me for the day. He does make time for me when I need to talk or have so much questions, but don’t get to see him at all my appointments. It would be nice to have him to all my appointment but I understand that he is a busy man and he does most of the clinic in SFO. ... Well for start he talks in a manner you understand very step on the treatment. Makes you fell like a person and not just another woman coming through.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there [Spring Fertility San Fran] all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have ... She [nurse] is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Take all your questions with you. Write them down and so you remember them all.
Can’t remember them all sorry
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lee)
She is my go to person makes everything easy. I don’t have to wait to call her, she does it all on time and answers all my questions and emails me on the day. She is so easy to communicate with, finally she is never busy to take my call.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Good nurse that is loving and caring , with an understanding. Making sure you get to know the doctors as dr Tran will not be there all the time. Go prepared with all the questions and any other medical questions you may have
No sorry
Single transfer
San Francisco
Dr. Tran seemed to view me as an individual, and was willing to try unconventional protocols. He was also mindful of cost issues as I was self pay at his office. He was also very responsive to my requests, and was available for appointments with relatively short notice...He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Everyone in the office knows my name. When I come in the receptionist greets me by name. Dr. Tran knows me, and talks to me honestly and compassionately. He was also really honest about conditions that others had dismissed and made really good referrals to other doctors...They were attentive to my queries. I generally received a response immediately or within a few hours. They also seemed to be informed on me as a patient, and were very clear about the information that they were able to provide, and when they needed to consult the doctor.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is open to experimentation, and trying unconventional protocols.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allie Bell)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
It is very easy to get appointments. All procedures are handled by the doctors. They are super responsive.
$7500 +meds
San Francisco

He [Dr. Nam Tran] was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.... He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes.
Very patient-centered. They [Spring Fertility] actually do work around your schedule!... Allie [a nurse] is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.... Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.... $18000 with ICSI+ meds
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is clearly very dedicated to the clinic. Always available (e.g. by email or phone) to discuss any questions we might have. He may not be the hand-holding type, but it was obvious that he really cared about our outcomes. He also has a wicked dry sense of humor.
Don't expect to have your hand held, but do know that you are in great hands.
Easy access to the doctor (e.g. by email or phone). Very caring doctor. He was very invested in our outcome and was genuinely disappointed when we had bad results. He has a wry sense of humor, which really helped us gel with him.
Demi-halt protocol (lupron, then FSH and Menopur). Results: about as expected.
Allie is the best! I think she's a bit over-worked now as response times have gotten slower, but for anything time-sensitive, she's always been right on the ball.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Very patient-centered. They actually do work around your schedule! ..........................................................................................
$18000 with ICSI+ meds
I was already very pro eSET, so no conflicts there.

2021, Consult
Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times. He also went on weird random rants that didn't really have to do with my care...I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant...
My experience there [Spring Fertility] was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did...Consultation $450...Dr. Tran does not have a good bedside manner. He was entirely agitated, annoyed, and distant during our appointments. He couldn't answer our questions, or wouldn't provide a clear answer. He was really unprofessional - cussing, overly blunt, and cut me off mid-sentence several times.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Because of his behavior, I would not recommend anyone to see Dr. Tran. He is easily annoyed and agitated. I would not feel safe having him as my doctor - his language, tone, and attitude were all unpleasant. He is very detached, judgemental, and a bully.
If you plan on seeing him, stand up for yourself, do not let him push you around. He will try to make you feel less than human.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
My experience there was very intense, and insensitive. I would suggest seeing another doctor besides Dr. Tran. I really regret waiting to see him specifically. I hope that the next patient will have better luck than I did.
Consultation $450
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Redwood City
2017, Unknown Success
On my first visit, I mentioned that endometriosis had been found inside me during a surgery I'd previously had. Dr. Tran dismissed this, saying I probably didn't have endometriosis. I quickly lost trust in his abilities, given he'd only seen me once and had no reason to make such statements...Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance...Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced...$250 for sperm testing
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and not warm at all.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful clinic and technologically advanced Weaknesses: Just didn't click with Dr. Tran so I switched clinics. However, another friend of mine really liked that Dr. Tran was not warm.
$250 for sperm testing
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
The clinic ran an insurance coverage check prior to our first visit and we were told "everything will be covered completely by your insurance." We came in for sperm testing and were charged $250 but not told beforehand this was not covered by our insurance.

2017, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr Tran is very direct, but very straight to the point and will answer any questions you have. I'm not big on asking detailed questions, just want to know about next steps. I really liked his style and the best was the efficiency.... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
Great clinic [Spring Fertility], fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.... 8,500 for egg freezing treatement... Dr. Tran is great, sharp, straight to the point and competent. He explained the treatment in detail and answered all questions I had. He tried a different protocol that worked really well for me and delivered a great outcome. He certainly exceeded my expectations.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He is not super warm and fuzzy, but he gets the job done. I'd still work with him.
don't know.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Great clinic, fast, clean, organized. I paid out of pocket and it's pretty expensive, but worth it.
8,500 for egg freezing treatement

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I think he’s [Dr. Nam Tran] very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts...I feel like one of many patients...I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy
I’ve had some scheduling issues [at Spring Fertility] (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I think he’s very smart and hope we’ll eventually get good results. We see him so infrequently and even when I request to speak with him, I get an email from his care team instead. So it’s hard to assess. He knows the statistics and is honest with you. He is very focused on the facts.
It’s been a bit challenging to get answers or speak to Dr. Tran. I Often speak with a member of his team. Once I had an appointment booked with him, but I ended up seeing his NP. That’s fine, but would have been nice to tell me
I had 3 medicated IUI cycles with clomid. None led to a pregnancy. IVF cycle was cancelled due to COVID
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
It’s very hard to get in touch with Dr. Tran. His care team is very responsive to email.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
I’ve had some scheduling issues (needing time change appointments after they were scheduled, having a different provider than scheduled with). I think Dr. Tran can deliver the results. I feel like one of many patients. I sometimes feel like I really have to advocate for myself and ask the care team a lot of questions. I was given an IVF protocol, but no information on why that protocol was selected. I sometimes feel bad asking so many questions. It would be nice to be given more information up front. The responsiveness around treatment during COVID has been excellent.

2019, Consult
[Dr. Tran] cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum...I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident...he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh
[Spring Fertility] Strengths; extremely clean, nice decor, drinks and snacks were on point too. Weaknesses; the outside of the building looks a bit old and the back of the building had a lot of trash bins. Parking was kind of limited and spaces were too compact...Cost is about $9500 not including meds...greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr Tran cracked some jokes and make me feel at ease. I thought my case would be difficult but he reassured me that It wasn’t going to be as complicated as I thought. I did appreciate that he had found my uterine septum which Kaiser had missed. I loved that he did the ultrasound himself and gave me time to ask any questions I had. He also seemed extremely confident.
Write down your questions and be ready to ask them all.
I was greeted by every staff member including the receptionist. Was offered complimentary drinks and snacks and never once felt rushed. Dr Tran even cracked some jokes with me and listened to my whole story without interruption.
I haven’t gone into an actual cycle yet but he did suggest mini IVF with (if possible) a transfer of 2 embryos with a 3 day fresh.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jillian)
I’ve only communicated with her thru email but so far so good. He responses are always clear and she answers every question I have for her.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cost is about $9500 not including meds.
I liked that he’s willing to transfer 2 at the same time. Makes me excited for twins!