7.2

Sunnyvale
550 Lakeside Dr
Sunnyvale, CA 94085

2013 - 2019, Successful
Dr Tran is amazing. My husband and I have been seeing him for almost 7 years and we know each other as well as one can know their doctor. He takes the time to explain very clearly what is going on and always tempers our expectations. He is just clear and concise and we really appreciate that...is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
Spring Fertility is a beautiful space. Easy to get to and very peaceful to be in. I love how the main facility has everything there and there is no need for me to travel to different offices. They offer refreshments and snacks in the lobby with plenty of room to get comfortable...My nurses and coordinator were all amazing. Compassionate and very quick to get back to me when I had questions...Dr Tran is no nonsense. If you require hand holding and “feel good” fluff; he is likely not for you. But if you value accurate feedback and someone that really knows his stuff - I absolutely couldn’t recommend a better physician.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
when Dr Tran was at UCSF, he went out of his way to be the physician that handled my surgery, retrieval’s and transfers. Being at a teaching hospital, it is nearly impossible to expect your physician to do the actual procedures. But he’d rearrange his schedule and make sure he was there for all the major things that had to get done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: My Lee)
San Francisco
Our interaction with Dr. Tran has been only one consultation and one 20 minute phone call. Both times, his communication, as expressed by others is very direct. He keeps things short and to the point. Usually, I prefer this style, but through the IVF process, I feel that he does not give enough info/explanation-- and his explanations are a bit too fast and simplistic for me...Mid luteal start-- I've tried asking the team multiple times and ways on why I'm scheduled this way (instead of Follicular(?) start) but, to my frustration, this is one of the things they have not provided good answer for. GonalF and menopur, Cetrotide, Leuprolide, and novarel.
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is super efficient, almost too much so. The nurses and coordinator would respond right away if there was anything critical and appointment related questions. However, when it comes to questions requiring more detailed explanation, I've had them completely ignore my emails (waiting over 4days), until I called them directly about the question. Also, questions have only been answered by nurses and coordinators. I have not received any emails from the doctors. Finally, their financing team has been terrible-- poor and confusing explanations of costs, and slow to respond.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I'm just treatment. I will have a better idea in a couple of weeks. Our interaction with Dr. Tran has been only one consultation and one 20 minute phone call. Both times, his communication, as expressed by others is very direct. He keeps things short and to the point. Usually, I prefer this style, but through the IVF process, I feel that he does not give enough info/explanation-- and his explanations are a bit too fast and simplistic for me.
The clinic is super efficient, almost too much so. The nurses and coordinator would respond right away if there was anything critical and appointment related questions. However, when it comes to questions requiring more detailed explanation, I've had them completely ignore my emails (waiting over 4days), until I called them directly about the question. Also, questions have only been answered by nurses and coordinators. I have not received any emails from the doctors. Finally, their financing team has been terrible-- poor and confusing explanations of costs, and slow to respond.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
See comments regarding Spring team communication.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Due to my age and likely poor egg quality, Dr. Tran advises transferring multiple eggs.
Nam Tran

Dr. Tran is fantastic. Note, he speaks in stats which can be a little daunting however I appreciate the candor and the fact he level set what everything would look like! Moreover, his team is fantastic!..Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband...Genetic testing on embryos
Spring [Fertility clinic] adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment...17K which included: monitoring appointments, medicine, egg retrieval, embroy development + testing, genetic testing, & freezing.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Got off BC for 3 months to “reset” hormones and to see if I would have more follicles. Genetic testing (Jewish) Sperm testing for my husband Genetic testing for my husband Meds: Gonal f 150 12 days... then down to 100 For 2 days Menopur 14 days Drug to stop ovulation 5 days Trigger shot Egg retrival Genetic testing on embryos
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring adds in tons of personal touches that make you feel so great to be there! They have great snacks, coffee, sparkling water... you don't think this would make a difference, but it makes it such a calming environment that you get "excited" to go to your appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility.
2017, 17 Eggs Frozen
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound [at Spring Fertility]...Spring is very much a concierge clinic, they are responsive and aim to provide a great customer experience. I was pleased with staff, office facilities, and pricing. I have been seen in the SF and Redwood City offices...[nurses are] On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind...He [Dr. Nam Tran] was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid...You will be in good hands...is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
He was polite, compassionate, honest, and thorough. His priority was a mutual understanding so that clear expectations were set and course of treatment was followed compliantly. He was considerate, thoughtful, and candid.
You will be in good hands.
Dr. Tran is very conversational and wants to ensure that a mutual connection and understanding is created for the benefit of the patient and the potential outcomes.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
On top of their game. Organized, sympathetic, calming, kind.
12k for egg freezing, 950 for Saline Ultrasound
2013 - 2016, Successful
Review of
He's [Dr Nam Tran] very matter of fact. I liked his straightforward nature, but if you are looking for someone to hold your hand, he's not it...Honest, direct feedback and recommendations. Acknowledging both the physical and emotional sides of the equation.
Twice an IUI Cycle was cancelled [at UCSF] due to missing my ovulation. I would have expected them to chedule check-ins earlier so that it wouldn't happen. Now, I am more forceful about scheduling my appointments early...Patient navigators are great. New facility at Mission Bay is beautiful and parking is easy. You will interact with a lot of different caregivers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at UCSF?
He's very matter of fact. I liked his straightforward nature, but if you are looking for someone to hold your hand, he's not it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at UCSF?
Describe your experience with UCSF.
What specific things went wrong at UCSF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCSF.
Twice an IUI Cycle was cancelled due to missing my ovulation. I would have expected them to chedule check-ins earlier so that it wouldn't happen. Now, I am more forceful about scheduling my appointments early.
Review of

2019, 19 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Nam Tran felt very professional and trustworthy, I felt comfortable going over facts and getting straight answers from him. I felt comfortable with him during the egg retrieval surgery, and afterwards, and things went as expected during my egg retrieval. ... my nurse [Spring Fertility] and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes. ... Each nurse, care coordinator and staff member was quite good at their part of the process. It's just that there were so many of them, and different ones at different points along the process! This put me on edge because I felt like information could easily be forgotten along the way, and not passed down to the next person.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
I don't think I have anything that would be particularly useful I'm afraid! I was quite satisfied with Dr. Nam Tran
Whether I felt like a number or human was different at different points in my treatment. I rarely had the same doctor at my monitoring appointments for example, and it was difficult to know whether these doctors and nurses were speaking to one another behind the scenes. I thought each doctor individually had great bedside manner, but the communications felt quite disjointed, which made me feel a bit like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and professional, each interaction I had went well and felt good. It would have been nice to know how many doctors/nurses I would interact with throughout the process, before we started off it felt a bit like a whirlwind of people and processes.
$8500 for egg retrieval
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
my nurse and Dr. didn't communicate with me about their recommendation that I discontinue birth control several months previous to egg retrieval. I had checked in a previous communication whether I should discontinue, but was reassured it would be alright. When I checked back in a few months later when the procedure would fit with my schedule, they told me to wait several months to get off of birth control before they would recommend me to begin treatments
San Francisco

With Dr. Tran, we tried 4 cycles of Clomid with no success then 1 cycle of Letrozole which led to no pregnancy. ... Dr. Tran was very knowledgeable of the treatments and explained everything that we can anticipate with each treatment. ... My husband and I, who are relatively new to any fertility treatments, were skeptical of what can be done for us. Dr. Tran made us feel comfortable and explained options we could pursue.
Clinic [Spring Fertility] was very beautiful; modern and made me feel as if I was in a spa. ... The staff were friendly and always smiling. ... There was snacks and beverages for patients in the waiting area. ... Customer service was definitely above par. ... With Dr. Tran, we tried 4 cycles of Clomid with no success then 1 cycle of Letrozole which led to no pregnancy.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Tran was very knowledgeable of the treatments and explained everything that we can anticipate with each treatment. He explained them so my husband was able to understand. We always left the office visit feeling hopeful and comfortable to Dr. Tran's expertise and guidance.
Ask questions, express your concern, and be hopeful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Clinic was very beautiful; modern and made me feel as if I was in a spa. There was snacks and beverages for patients in the waiting area. The staff were friendly and always smiling. Customer service was definitely above par.
We mainly paid copayment for each visit, I believe was $65 per visit. Then paid the copayment for each prescription and ultrasound.