Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of Texas SA
1505 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nancy Klein to a friend?

5.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Nancy Klein] understood my financial contrraints and helped us qualify for a clinical trial at no cost. This was the RITA double blind trial. I did end up responding to the study, and used the antagonist ganirelix, but we only ended up with one out of 5 viable embryos. It arrested by day 5. We met with Nancy immediately after the failure and she explained what she had learned about how I responded and what she would like to do differently next time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy has always been gently and compassionate, but thorough in her explanations and delivery. I am a big question asker and she is always ready to answer and deliver news in a way that works for me. I’ve never felt like her approach is one size fits all, and I’ve always felt good leaving her office.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Tell her what you need from her from the beginning, and that is what you will get.z
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is warm, and thoughtful and went above and beyond. She explains everything in detail and takes the time to get to know you and your concerns.
Describe the protocols Nancy Klein used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with Letrozole IUI and when 2 didn’t work, moved to menopur for 2 or 3 more. I over responded for one of those, was advised of the risk of multiples and we decided to proceed. We tried one more round this way and we’re not Successful. Nancy understood my financial contrraints and helped us qualify for a clinical trial at no cost. This was the RITA double blind trial. I did end up responding to the study, and used the antagonist ganirelix, but we only ended up with one out of 5 viable embryos. It arrested by day 5. We met with Nancy immediately after the failure and she explained what she had learned about how I responded and what she would like to do differently next time. She assures us that this trial would not be indicative of our next cycle and even said she wanted to consult with her colleagues to make sure they found a protocol better suited. We took a few months off, used Letrozole and timed intercourse and just had our 6th and final failed IUI. We weren’t ready to jump back into IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our nurse was on vacation several times and does not work Thursday’s. I can say the overall team of nurses are wonderful though. Our clinical trial nurse Laura was above and beyond amazing.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are great at financial counseling, helping to coordinate appointments and being sensitive with billing (If we could not pay day of) our interactions with clinic staff were minimal, but all of the interactions we had were just fine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs of the IUI were close to 800 per cycle. Nancy was mindful of our budget and prescribed meds accordingly. The clinical trial was free, and they will discount our next IVF due to the fact that we were not successful. (That was not a part of the study)
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

She [Dr. Nancy Klein] provided detailed information and resources based off our situation and explained the next steps thoroughly to us...It would be nice to have a check in from the doctor besides hearing from our fertility coordinator (nurse) when we are initiating a new cycle. It was nice to see her doing one appointment for a procedure and she walked me through the entire process...Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she’ll provide resources
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask whatever questions or concerns you have and she’ll provide resources
She provided detailed information and resources based off our situation and explained the next steps thoroughly to us.
I felt that they were listening to my concerns since I’ve had a child from a previous relationship and was concerned about hormone meds. They allowed us to do a natural iui as we requested and provided all the information and answers for the follow up medicated iui if needed. Dr Klein and her team were quick to answer emailed questions for confirmation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angela Wang )
They were efficient and informative. They asked for help when needed as to not affect patient care (I have small veins so it took 2 nurses to draw blood). I warmed them ahead of time of my veins and they were quick to get assistance when the first nurse couldn’t draw blood.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are mostly pleased with the clinic, however their financial coordinators need to be more responsive. We attempted to reach them twice without any returned correspondence prior to a procedure. It makes it challenging to understand the costs of treatments when the financial department doesn’t get back to you.
Communication with the clinic directly regarding estimated costs were not reliable. However, our insurance was able to cover most of our fertility treatments.
Describe Nancy Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy Klein was very personable upon first meeting her. I liked her and thought that her recommendation for mini IVF was great. The problem was that I didn’t see her after that, not talk to her about the treatment. She wasn’t available during the monitoring stages and was away on a trip when I was informed that the IVF would need to be switched to an IUI. This was incredibly upsetting, stressful and left me feeling very abandoned (first time ever doing god type of treatment). I liked her but the way SRM operates was not for me.
You won’t be working directly with her so make sure you like SRM as a whole.
The Seattle clinic is VERY busy. My experience with the front desk was lacking..they were rushed and there were always a lot of people in the waiting area. The nurse that I worked with, Rebecca, was great at communicating. The doctor, Dr. Klein, was nice but I rarely saw her. You’re not scheduled with your chosen doctor consistently; at any point you could have a different doctor working with you whom you may have never met before. It’s very offputting and stressful, especially if you don’t see eye to eye with the new one.
I was on a “mini IVF” treatment plan. They have a certain number of follicles that they require to be growing in order to move forward. This wasn’t explained in detail to me and my cycle was cancelled. I had 3 various injectables, all low dose, and a trigger. Progesterone tablets to follow converted IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rebecca)
The nursing staff was very busy. My personal nurse was great at communicating through email. You could also reach her over phone if you wanted to leave a vm. The nurse did have a differing option of my progress during stims; that difference of opinion between her and the doctor was very big and ultimately led to confusion and a cancelled cycle.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is too busy. Too many people scheduled at the same time a lot and at one point, I spent nearly an hour waiting. The front desk was cold for the most part. I was charged twice for a few procedures. Their billing department is located in another state and that was also a mess. I didn’t care for this clinic o their approach to such a sensitive, personal area of health. The experience very was lacking in major ways and the location was a turn off.
Mini IVF was about $10,500 and meds were around $800+

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein was very caring and compassionate about our situation, in addition to being very knowledgeable and experienced. She answered all our questions patiently and provided explanations in language we could understand. When parts of my cycle weren't going according to plan, she reached out personally by phone to check in and reassure me. It's obvious that she's a very busy doctor, but she never made us feel rushed or like we were a bother. I felt like she really took the time to understand me and my medical history before each step of the process.
Appointments are short, so come prepared with questions, and don't be shy about asking them.
Even though all procedures are done according to the clinic's schedule, with no flexibility, at every step there was good, ongoing communication with the doctors and nurses. Every time I was in the clinic, everyone was warm and positive. So overall, I did not feel like just a number.
I don't remember exactly, but she thoroughly explained why she had chosen the protocol that she did.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey)
Overall, a great experience. The nurses were always very responsive to any messaged I sent through the patient portal. Sometimes by primary nurse was not available, but the other nurses were just fine. Hailey always took the time to answer my questions thoroughly and her attitude was always positive.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It's a very nice clinic, and you feel like most of the staff really knows what they're doing. 90% of the staff are extremely friendly. The only thing that could use improvement would be that some of the MA's are not totally professional. Some of the questions they asked in small talk seemed a little insensitive to be asking someone going through fertility treatments. Like asking me if I have kids. The only other negative is that you have to pay for parking every time you visit.
Consistent with the national average. We compared costs with the other major clinic in the city, and they were almost identical.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr Klein is very warm and takes the time to answer questions. She is very encouraging and went out of her way to do my FET on a day she had a conflicting office visit appointment with another patient and the transfer would have normally been completed by her colleague...She initially recommended eSET for these first 2 transfers because the embryo quality was great and the eggs came from a 28 year old egg donor. However, DR Klein said she will probably recommend an ERA and/or start transferring 2 embryos with the next (3rd) transfer.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am an out-of-state patient with Dr. Klein. She went out of her way to perform my transfer when she could have had her regularly scheduled colleague complete it. She had a conflicting appointment that day but I was very happy to meet her for the first time at my first visit (also my transfer day) at Seattle Reproductive Medicine-Seattle.
I would simply advise that she is warm and informative as I expect an RE to be. She was recommended to me by the people at Embryo Adoptions of Cedar Park.
I've had two frozen embryo transfers with hormone replacement therapy with Dr. Klein. Baseline US, then 2mg of Estrace TID. Bloodwork for estradiol and progesterone and US to evaluate endometrial lining before starting vaginal progesterone BID and daily IM Progesterone. Embryo transfer 5 days later. All my US and bloodwork resulted within desired limits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Beth was very responsive through the patient portal messaging system. She has also been good about calling back or a colleague will call back by the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic and surroundings are clean and modern. The clinic is located on a waterfront, across the street from a park along the lake. However, traffic and parking in that vicinity of Seattle is bad especially during traffic time.
$2660 for out of state patient FET. Monitoring was done remotely in CA. A one time $500 Embryo adoption coordination fee.

2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Klein was compassionate and kind. She didn't force donor eggs on me right away even with my less than stellar test results and gave me hope while also being realistic every step of the way. We felt that she was genuine and that as patients we mattered. ...Dr. Klein was always very caring and made us feel as if we matter, and as if our choices matter. We appreciated that.
2013 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
go with your gut and make sure you are comfortable with any doctor you see. Just like test driving a car, anyone can make a recommendation but you'll know when the right doctor comes along. Do your research, read reviews. And get consultations.
We tried multiple iris with different meds... clomid and femara. She felt with a POF diagnosis iui may be my best attempt to save money since my chance of producing eggs was low. We then tried multiple iui with injections like menopur and gonal f. we tried starting anywhere from cycle day 1-5. Many attempts were made at my request before we agreed deivf was our best option.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Nicholas )
Lindsay was fantastic. There was another nurse who was honestly awful but I can't recall her name. I actually requested Lindsay be my primary nurse after my other interaction. Everyone else. Like the other murder and ultrasound techs were AMAZING.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They're open on weekends if it's needed and have multiple locations which really help. The staff is great and there are multiple people with areas of expertise... for different treatment options, etc. they appear to be more expensive than competing clinics in the area. They have a please don't bring children in here sign.. but don't enforce that rule. This could make somebody feel pretty awful. I don't have a lot of bad to say about SRM. While I have not been lucky enough to conceive as if yet... I have had a good experience here.
An average iui cost was around 400-600... depending on meds type it could be more.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Nancy Klein] was excellent and was very patient and explained everything thoroughly. She was knowledgeable and had a plan for whatever course we were/are ready to pursue. She never pushed me to do any treatments we weren't ready for and was supportive of the research i'd done and allowed me to direct my next step(s) with her guiding me along. I highly recommend her
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was excellent and was very patient and explained everything thoroughly. She was knowledgeable and had a plan for whatever course we were/are ready to pursue. She never pushed me to do any treatments we weren't ready for and was supportive of the research i'd done and allowed me to direct my next step(s) with her guiding me along. I highly recommend her
Don't be scared to tell her how and what you'd like done. She's very receptive to the research you've done and the course of treatment you see fit for your body. She's a strong advocate for listening to and knowing your own body
She listened to me and asked me which treatments I wanted to pursue and never pushed me to do more than I wanted. Very kind and knowledgeable.
Weight loss (not required but recommended), levothyroxine (hypothyroidism), Femara, trigger shot, monthly ultrasounds and bloodwork. I ovulated successfully every month, got pregnant once but miscarried by angel at 6 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Latonya)
She is always quick to answer any questions I have and is very empathetic when a cycle has failed and she seems to genuinely care about me
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I love everything about the clinic EXCEPT the one embryo transfer rule. They are compassionate, knowledgeable, flexible with their scheduling when I needed same day bloodwork or ultrasounds. They get bloodwork results back same day, and everything is posted on the online portal for future reference. The staff is kind, empathetic, and get to know you personally. They know me by name anytime I come in. The office is clean and professional and the music is calming
They billed most everything under my PCOS, so most bloodwork, ultrasounds, and medications were covered. Unfortunately, IUI and IVF will not be
When we pursue IVF, she will only allow 1 embryo to be transferred at a time. That is my biggest complaint and fear. I strongly feel and want to transfer 2.
Tacoma

Dr. Klein is compassionate, caring, and honest. She listens and makes sure to answer each and every question. She truly cares about you as a patient and is involved in each level of your treatment and plan. I needed to have surgery to remove my tubes, but the surgeon didn’t recommend surgery so she came up with an alternate plan and was encouraging even though I was disappointed I couldn’t have the surgery. I never felt like a “number,” she always knew the details of my history and treatment plan when we met.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I am so incredibly thankful for Dr Klein. Her compassion, honesty, caring, patience, and experience is second to none. My diagnosis is due to some very complex medical history and she took the time to understand my history. She was very honest about our options and how we could proceed. She was patient and understanding when we wanted to take some time between diagnosis and treatment to adjust our supplements, diet, and emotionally deal with our diagnosis. I was incredibly thankful she did my egg retrieval as she was able to discover some info on my anatomy that was helpful for my transfer. She didn’t do my transfer, but Dr Thyer was amazing and I felt very comfortable at transfer. Graduating from our clinic was bittersweet - I cried as we will truly miss Dr Klein!!!
Have a list of questions with you to ask and discuss! She takes the time to make sure you understand and all questions are answered. You can also send questions via the portal, she is very responsive!
As we did a freeze all cycle (we thought I’d need another surgery before transfer), she was a bit more aggressive with my dosing - 300 iu of gonal-f, 75 iu menopur, plus cetrotide. Dosed for 9 days. Ended up with 12 eggs, 10 were mature, 7 fertilized (with ICSI as my husband was 37 at the time), 2 embryos frozen and biopsied on day 5 and 1 embryo frozen and biopsied on day 6. 2 of the 3 embryos were normal (one from day 5, plus the day 6). Dr Klein said this was very normal/typical and we had adjusted my protocol if we needed to do a second round. We did not as our frozen transfer (3 months after retrieval) was successful and I’m pregnant (15 weeks, Singleton, single embryo transfer, all genetic tests are normal)! We still have one frozen embryo. My FET was medicated - with endometrin, PIO, and estradiol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Jakubowski)
Shannon is an amazing nurse and advocate!!! I never felt uncomfortable calling her to ask a question or clarify my treatment plan. She is kind, caring, intelligent, and organized. She always called or messaged back (via the portal) right away. She reached out ahead of time to let me know when she would be out of the office and who was covering for her if I had questions. I was very impressed with her communication. The entire nursing staff was amazing as well - there was a PIO shortage after i got pregnant and the nurse who was covering for Shannon quickly called in another prescription to an alternative pharmacy and reassured me that the new pharmacy could fill the order. I also had other questions along the way, and they were always answered in a timely manner!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is a large clinic with a number of docs, nurses, and staff, but I did NOT feel like a “number.” I felt our treatment was individualized and the clinic is a well-oiled machine. No, Dr Klein doesn’t do every ultrasound - but I was perfectly comfortable with the ultrasound techs. The techs were professional, experienced, and kind. I did have to take my own notes during the ultrasound (egg retrieval cycle) so I could tell my husband the follicle sizes, but the gals were very understanding and made sure I had everything I needed/wanted (including photos of my ovaries before retrieval!) the blood draw techs were amazing and I loved that I could go to Bellevue or Seattle depending on scheduling. It was so fun meeting with the embryologist on transfer day and we will forever cherish the picture we have of our embryo!!!
Frozen cycle: 11,950. FET: 3,500.
Dr Klein strongly recommended single embryo transfer as I have a ton of abdominal scars and scar tissue, and a twin pregnancy would be super high risk. I agreed and my OB was in 100% agreement - she was also against a multiple embryo transfer.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
Strengths: kind, compassionate, smart, took my case seriously, utilized her peers to consult for advice on treatment, optimistic, very available and quick to respond to emails. Challenges: didn't every really change my treatment protocol, which after three failed retrievals I would of thought she would.... She [Dr. Klein] wasn't as aggressive as I would of liked. She never recommended any sort of supplements or anything. She was a little indifferent about my recurrent failure.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Strengths: kind, compassionate, smart, took my case seriously, utilized her peers to consult for advice on treatment, optimistic, very available and quick to respond to emails. Challenges: didn't every really change my treatment protocol, which after three failed retrievals I would of thought she would, which is why I eventually left her. She wasn't as aggressive as I would of liked. She never recommended any sort of supplements or anything. She was a little indifferent about my recurrent failure.
She is good but if you have one or two failures with her I would seek advice from another clinic and doctor, one with a very good reputation for aggressive treatment.
She is very kind and caring.
The first two treatments were focused on stmulating the most possible eggs, which worked well, I indeed had many eggs. however, the issue was the egg quality as the embryos often began deteriorating on day 4-6 of development. The third cycle she took a different approach which was a less aggressive stimulation but longer, to see if that would improve the egg quality, but it did not have different results. I still had a high number of eggs retrieved and no good embryos as of day 5-6.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hailey (last name?))
Strengths: informative, organized Challenges: indifferent with results, not a lot of compassion
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Professional, organized, clean. Challenges: I question their lab and how good it really is - the success rates arent very high, sometimes the medical assistants were insensitive to what was going on talking about babies and pregnancy (which was often hard to hear), I sometimes felt like a number not a person.
We spent about $45,000 out of pocket in 2017 for three rounds of IVF.
She had a very strong prefernce to only transfer one embryo at a time. She also never recommended PGS/D, so this was always something I disagreed with her about. She had the attitutde that PGS/D made no difference in the end, but in my mind it made a huge difference, as undergoing failed transfers because the embryo s bad is earth shattering. I think she doesn't quite realize the impact a failed transfer has on the psych.
Seattle

Dr. Klein was great, she set us on a good course of treatment for our infertility and got the ball rolling very quickly. Though we only saw her for our initial consultation and for another check in, the course of treatment was designed by her and worked well in our case, despite us having an early miscarriage. ... We have male factor infertility so we were basically heading into this with the knowledge that we would be using icsi. I also have PCOS and was prescribed metformin. We did a very typical ivf round with standard stims and injections for 11 days, retrieved 29 eggs but only 10 were mature as a result of PCOS.
Ask a lot of questions!
Dr. Klein was kind and personable. Always responsive with questions on the portal.
We have male factor infertility so we were basically heading into this with the knowledge that we would be using icsi. I also have PCOS and was prescribed metformin. We did a very typical ivf round with standard stims and injections for 11 days, retrieved 29 eggs but only 10 were mature as a result of PCOS. Unfortunately we only had one egg that made it to day 5, so it was our only option for implanting. We decided to not do any testing so we could have a fresh cycle and we implanted and had strong initial HCg levels, but miscarried due to a sub chorionic hematoma at 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone we dealt with at SRM was kind compassionate and professional.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My absolutely biggest gripe with SRM is the price as well as the way our billing situation was dealt with. We had insurance verified through their billing department MULTIPLE times, I kept checking are you guys SURE we have 50% IVF coverage, and they assured us that they had communicated with our insurance provider and verified our coverage. We absolutely COULD NOT have afforded IVF without this discount so we decided to proceed and drain our savings. Fast forward to months later when we find out we did not have the appropriate coverage and SRM was sticking us with the remaining 6k that insurance was supposed to cover. We were devastated, especially after we had miscarried from that cycle. I asked about payment options and they said we could pay in installments over 3 months. 2k a month!?!?!?!? I couldn’t believe it. We were going to loose our shirts if we had to pay, so I opted to let it go to collections. Only after months of calls from bill collectors (while we had time to save our money) was I able to negotiate a settlement for 4K. It has left a very bad taste in my mouth about SRM, especially knowing we will never be able to afford to do in state IVF again. Shame.
The price was 10k not including medications (this was the insurance contracted amount, they can’t charge insurance companies the same amount the charge people, the actual IVF cost for people without insurance is 15k) we paid 3k for meds, 5500 out of pocket initially and another 4K when our insurance didn’t actually cover anything (reduced from 6k by negatotiating with the bill collectors). So out of pocket total we paid 13k.
The doctor explained that I was you g and healthy enough that multiple eggs were not needed for transfer.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Nancy Klein] advised IVF early on but because I knew more about IUI, I opted to try that several times first. Turns out, they were a waste of time and money and IVF was inevitable. I wish I would have listened to HER rather than friends/family/societal norms...Dr Klein was so warm and inviting and didn’t make me feel like my infertility was my fault. She presented many options, was patient and kind and had the highest standards for the care she provided. Though an extremely scientific process, Dr Klein never made my treatment feel too clinical or sterile.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be upfront with your goals and timelines if they are important to you. Listen to her advice and try not to get too far in the weeds of “what if’s”. She advised IVF early on but because I knew more about IUI, I opted to try that several times first. Turns out, they were a waste of time and money and IVF was inevitable. I wish I would have listened to HER rather than friends/family/societal norms.
Personal connection and human conversation. Never had to wait excessively long and always so accommodating to scheduling needs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kahlia Aposhian)
The IVF coordinator was absolutely the best part of the whole process. She was so kind and accommodating, offered every bit of support I could have asked for and really did get me through the whole thing relatively unscathed. One of the scariest parts of IVF aid the liming cost vs what insurance will cover. The staff and SRM was so incredible in getting me all the information , explaining it as many times as needed and presenting options.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM is pretty amazing. My one complaint is that it’s in a very dense part of the city without a lot of parking. There is an attached garage but when you are going several times a week, paying for parking (on top of an IVF cycle) got to be quite expensive.
Out of pocket, I think the cost for my cycle ended up being about $4k, but I had great insurance that had a $20k infertility lifetime coverage.
Dr Klein did recommend a single embryo transfer, which I was surprised by since you hear about so many IVF pregnancies with multiples.

2014 - 2017
Dr Klein has amazing follow through - emailing me back over weekends, sometimes late at night, once while she was on vacation! - that made me feel like she was tracking me closely and cared very much about my outcome. She is a doctor who keeps current and had always heard of the latest research, often knew the doctor or clinic publishing, that I had questions about which I really appreciated. I never feel rushed and always feel like I'm getting her best.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
We have 1 viable embryo left from a 2017 cycle. And are completely out of pocket so this is our last cycle. Knowing how much rides on this last FET, I recently brought her a list of additions to get her opinion. We went through each one and she helped me weigh the options and decide together on a course of treatment for FET that we feel comfortable with.
2014 cycle - Follistim 300, Menopur 75, Galenrlix. trigger on Day 9. 13 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertalized via ICSI, 4 made it to Day 5 to PGS test, 2 normal. First FET resulted in 7/2015 birth. Second FET in 2016 resulted in chemical. 2016 cycle - Gonal F 450, Menopur 75, Cetrotide. trigger on Day 9. 11 retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertalized with ICSI, 3 made it to Day 5 to PGS test. No normals. 2017 cycle - after being on supplements, some of which were recommended by Dr Klein. Follistim 450, Menopur 75, Ganerlix, trigger Day 9, 7 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertalized, 2 made it to Day 5, 1 normal. Because of my age (40), she felt the max dose was warranted. I was concerned that high meds impacted egg quality but she explained it's a numbers game - trying for as many eggs as possible because the number of normals declines rapidly as we age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Haley, Angie and Shannon)
I didn't connect with the first nurse we had. She seemed awefully young and didn't have the right emotional pitch. I mentioned it to Dr Klein and was reassigned right away. The nurses we had for the 2016 round and 2017 round were great.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
When you call to make an appointment, there is sometimes a long wait. It's a crap shoot. When the wait is long, there's a recording "you are number X in the queue" which is annoying to hear. It's better now (16/17) than it was in 2014. Not sure what changed but seems like a simple thing to right-size.
$13K per retrieval and ICSI, $2500 for PGS testing, $4K for meds.
We were adamant we only transfer one at a time and did PGS to help improve our chances. She never tried to talk us out of our preferred approach.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr Nancy Klein] was very happy to talk to us, we never felt rushed, even when the husband started talking about articles he'd read and wanted to know the nitty gritty biology stuff. She was friendly and kind during procedures...Ask lots of questions. If you want her to be involved in any treatments make sure you say that. Or at least find out the odds of whether or not she'd be the ones doing things like the IUI. I don't think she did any of the IUIs for us, which was fine, but it was a bit odd to see three different people each time.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was very happy to talk to us, we never felt rushed, even when the husband started talking about articles he'd read and wanted to know the nitty gritty biology stuff. She was friendly and kind during procedures.
We met with her several times and she was very helpful and answered all of our questions. She seemed to know what she was talking about. The downside was that aside from speaking with her, I rarely saw her for any of our appointments.
We did about 3 cycles of clomid with Nancy, standard dose. When those didn't work we moved on to IUI with clomid for three cycles. I only needed the HCG shot for one of them I believe. We were going to move on to IVF but the cost and some marital difficulties put that on hold. We haven't been back since.
Everyone seemed very kind and helpful. The person who answered the phones when SRM was closed was less so, but I don't think she was actually affiliated with them.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
While I was primarily at the Tacoma branch I did visit the Seattle branch several times since it was by my office and open on weekends. The Tacoma branch is nicer. Everyone seemed quite friendly, but not intrusive. There were clearly women who'd been going for a long time and seemed well known by clinic staff. Staff working on the weekends can be kind of grouchy sometimes.
Nothing was covered by health insurance after a diagnosis of infertility. I think it was probably about $1000/visit on average. Costs for IVF, which we didn't go through, seemed on par with the market, probably too expensive for us. So appointment visit, iui, sperm analysis, HCG shot were the typical charges.
Tacoma

2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Nancy [Klein] is a very caring person and a professional. She is a mother of 4 and really listened to what I wanted. She took the information I gave her and quickly put in place a plan to achieve our goals. I had complete confidence in her and her team.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nancy is a very caring person and a professional. She is a mother of 4 and really listened to what I wanted. She took the information I gave her and quickly put in place a plan to achieve our goals. I had complete confidence in her and her team. Her partners made me feel very comfortable, but I am glad she is my primary physician.
Tell her exactly what you want. How many kids ideally. She will be truthful about your odds etc.
I spoke with Nancy Klein on the phone a couple of times before meeting her. We live in a different state. She is a busy woman in a busy practice. I didn't always see her personally when I was out in Seattle for different steps of the IVF process. I really liked her demeanor and personality and trusted her partners I saw while having my eggs retrieved and implanted. The patient coordinator is the person whom I really spoke to most and helped walk me through the day-to-day steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Sullivan and Lindsay Craig )
Since I lived in another state, I spoke with my care coordinator a lot! She was instrumental in answering all my scheduling and pharmaceutical questions. And every other question I had. They were always friendly and extremely prompt in returning my call. My experience would not have been the same without them!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I lived in another state and had my appointments at a local clinic
Seattle

Dr. Klein cares about her patients. She listens to me, anticipates, my concerns, and adjusts my treatment when something isn't working. She's up to date on the latest research and is constantly suggesting different options when something doesn't work. ... Medicated FET, natural FET ... Dr. Klein is genuinely interested in her patients and their success. She is warm and personal and anticipates my concerns.
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Klein cares about her patients. She listens to me, anticipates, my concerns, and adjusts my treatment when something isn't working. She's up to date on the latest research and is constantly suggesting different options when something doesn't work. There are a lot of things are still unknown about fertility, and she is candid about that, but tries her best to give informed answers whenever possible.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and be your own advocate. Dr. Klein encourages this and often can offer different options and solutions if you are not satisfied with the course of treatment.
Medicated FET, natural FET
I previously had some not great experiences with the nurses at SRM. Hailey is incredibly responsive, kind, and caring. She is always checking in with me and letting me know of any changes on a timely basis.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Your experience at SRM largely depends on which doctor you have. I have had some really bad experiences (poor communication, disorganization, etc.) with other doctors, but when I switched doctors to one that was a better fit, my perspective changed completely.
Seattle

She [Dr. Klein] is a candid and knowledgeable physician...She definitely was candid about why I should go to IVF. She recommended it right away which troubled me. I ended up seeing another fertility doctor to get a second opinion and ended up TTC naturally for several months afterwards. Finally. I have decided to go on the IVF journey...Do I wish I took her advice earlier? Of course I do. I probably would have been pregnant by now...
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is a candid and knowledgable physician.
Try and be well informed about your the whole IVF process; it helps to do your homework before meeting with her.
She definitely was candid about why I should go to IVF. She recommended it right away which troubled me. I ended up seeing another fertility doctor to get a second opinion and ended up TTC naturally for several months afterwards. Finally. I have decided to go on the IVF journey. Should I have listened to her to begin with? I took a gamble with spending close to $30000 or TTC naturally (well, with Letrazole) for several more months. I lost that gamble. Do I wish I took her advice earlier? Of course I do. I probably would have been pregnant by now.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are organized and could easily say how much something would cost. You do feel like bit of a number though.

2009 - 2011
Dr. Klein was very sensitive to our situation having come from another Doctor/clinic where we had not had a good experience. Just a very smart, caring doctor who treated us like people and not a statistic.
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Wonderful!! She was very sensitive to our situation having come from another Doctor/clinic where we had not had a good experience. Just a very smart, caring doctor who treated us like people and not a statistic.
From the moment you walked in the door, you were greeted with a friendly smile. They knew your name and made you feel comfortable. This continued on through-out the entire care we received there.

2016 - 2019
Thought she [Dr. Nancy Klein] was great and cared I have recommended her to a few friends. If I ever decide to do this again I will only call and go to her. I traveled from Alaska for my procedures it was very stressful and expensive but soo worth it. And I feel dr Klein only made my experience better...She was super sweet and personable but professional.. reminded me of a best friends mom you wish you had...She was precise and gentle
2016 - 2019
European, Other
How was your experience with Nancy Klein at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Thought she was great and cared I have recommended her to a few friends. If I ever decide to do this again I will only call and go to her. I traveled from Alaska for my procedures it was very stressful and expensive but soo worth it. And I feel dr Klein only made my experience better. I love srm and love dr Klein I will forever be grateful for my dreams have came true. Watching my son and daughter I feel soo lucky and feel they are truly miracles. I thought I would never get to meet these lil babies
Be patient and be grateful. Fertility doctors are not god.
She was precise and gentle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
It was really hard coordinating everything from a different state but they were awesome keeping me up to date and on task w everything going on
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Good location. Nice staff awesome that they work all hours days holidays ect. They seem excited about your journey and are compassionate I really liked srm. A little confusing my first time to srm and went to the wrong location but they seen me anyway and squeezed me in for my ultrasound and didn’t even make it seem like an inconvenience at all
Expensive insurance didn’t cover any
Recommend one