6.2

Oakbrook
2425 W 22nd St
Oakbrook, IL 60611

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr. Rana's biggest strength is his experience and ability to clearly communicate each step of the process. He is direct which helped us a great deal but could be offputting to patients who would prefer a more delicate approach. At no point did I feel I was under the care of an uninformed doctor. His greatest weakness, in my opinion, is how he communicates. ... I believe that if we needed to ask more or had more details to discuss, it would have been more difficult.
Clinic's Strengths: Well organized and accommodating to your work schedule ... I have never experienced longer than necessary wait times or felt that it was a hassle to schedule my appointments. ... Clinic's Weakness: Phone system that only allows for calling one main line and being transferred. This is especially unhelpful if you receive a call from someone when the office is technically closed and the main phone lines go to their answering service.
How was your experience with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Rana's biggest strength is his experience and ability to clearly communicate each step of the process. He is direct which helped us a great deal but could be offputting to patients who would prefer a more delicate approach. At no point did I feel I was under the care of an uninformed doctor. His greatest weakness, in my opinion, is how he communicates. As we were told and observed during the first cycle, our case had little to no complications and did not require a lot of explaining. I believe that if we needed to ask more or had more details to discuss, it would have been more difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Research the entire process so that you can ask him direct questions during the consultation. Also, if you know that you will require a doctor who is more sensitive, he may not be the ideal fit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Working with Dr. Rana, I definitely felt more like a human than a number. I am unable to say, unequivocally, that I felt completely human under his care because the consultation felt a bit "paint by numbers" while discussing our needs. I believe if we had more questions to ask, he would have answered them with no issue. However, there have been moments where I feel he has been doing this work for so long that we all just sort of bleed into each other and don't stand out as unique patients.
Describe the protocols Nasir Rana used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
We used an Antagonist Protocol for our first cycle. The medications included 7 days of Follistim and Menopur for the first 7 days, and Ganirelix was added from days 8-13 as well as several days following the egg retrieval. We used Novarel for the HCG injection shot. The rationale was not explained to us at all but we were provided with details on what injections to take and when via our portal following each blood draw and exam.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Huma and Krystyna)
Huma, Dr. Rana's primary nurse, has been amazing. She is available to answer questions and direct us to the appropriate member of our care team. Honestly, we communicate with her much more than Dr. Rana. Krystyna, our IVF coordinator, has also been great. She is direct with all of her communication and clearly explained what we need to do in each step of the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Clinic's Strengths: Well organized and accommodating to your work schedule Clinic's Weakness: Phone system that only allows for calling one main line and being transferred. This is especially unhelpful if you receive a call from someone when the office is technically closed and the main phone lines go to their answering service. I have never experienced longer than necessary wait times or felt that it was a hassle to schedule my appointments. Everyone is incredibly friendly and remembers you as a patient, which is probably due to how frequently they see you in a week!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nasir Rana at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
$2700 out-of-pocket costs for IVF with PGS/PGD $250 out-of-pocket costs for prescriptions Insurance covered a great deal of our first cycle
Describe Nasir Rana's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
We have discussed multiple embryo transfer as an option with Dr. Rana but are waiting to discuss further after our second (and hopefully last!) IVF cycle.
Nasir Rana