4.3

88 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94104
628.777.7064

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr.Foyouzi was incredibly caring, knowledgeable, warm and communicative...was the only reason we stayed with Kindbody. She explained to us her thinkin and was willing to adjust the protocol as needed...expertise, availability and warmth somewhat made up for all the inaccuracies in billing, clin ops and the portal.
Our overall experience with Kindbody clinic was really bad...The people we had interacted with in person were wonderful but the billing team was horrendous and incredibly difficult to deal with...portal tends to be very inaccurate...You need to always double check and triple check the dosage on portal vs with the team. This was an unnecessary and stressful burden.
How was your experience with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr. Foyouzi and Angela was the only reason we stayed with Kindbody. She explained to us her thinkin and was willing to adjust the protocol as needed. Their expertise, availability and warmth somewhat made up for all the inaccuracies in billing, clin ops and the portal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr.Foyouzi was incredibly caring, knowledgeable, warm and communicative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Angela Cheung)
Angela was always available and there to answer and clarify questions.
Describe your experience with Kindbody San Francisco.
Our overall experience with Kindbody clinic was really bad. So just to clarify. The people we had interacted with in person were wonderful but the billing team was horrendous and incredibly difficult to deal with. They were trying to charge me 4500 USD for a PGT-A that we didn't do. They kept emailing me until I had told them to just check with the clinical team to verify that I did not get PGT-A for an embryo. They then adjusted the charge to 1900 because they realized they overcharged me with my office visits. If you chose kindbody, you need to always double check charges and compare it with your insurance company. They also submitted the wrong approval to our insurance company. Also their portal tends to be very inaccurate and doesn't follow the actual instructions and dosage given by the nursing team. You need to always double check and triple check the dosage on portal vs with the team. This was an unnecessary and stressful burden.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco.
Costs are reasonable and affordable
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody San Francisco?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody San Francisco.
Here are specific examples of what went wrong if people want to see 1) Discrepancies in Medication Instructions - We experienced several discrepancies in instructions between Portal vs. Medical Instructions. One of these discrepancies led to confusion on instructions for the initial Frozen Embryo transfer that resulted in its cancellation. In person instructions: I was told to take Endometrin on Thursday 12/9 Portal instructions: Take Endometrin on 12/7. Outcome: I messaged kindbody to double check why I was getting two different instructions andthe nurse on call clarified the correct start date was 12/9. Messaged instructions: I was told to take Progesterone in oil 1x per day Portal instructions: Take it 3x per day. Outcome: Angela responded and said to take progesterone in oil 1x per day and then sent a message for someone to correct the portal dashboard message. Messaged instructions: I was cleared to take 200 mg Utogestran Portal instructions: Take 100 mg endometrin. Outcome: I messaged the Kindbody team, who consulted Dr. Foyouzi. They responded with an instruction to take 1 x 200mg Utogestran that morning. After inserting the Utogestran, I then received another call telling me not to take Utogestran any more, but by that point it was too late. Since I had already taken it, I was advised to not take any more and to switch to progesterone in oil every day from the next day. Portal Instructions: 1 x 50mg/day. The full dosage instruction of 50mg (1ML) was only visible when clicking on the notes section of the dashboard or looking at the full messages sent by the nurse in a different section of the portal, but was not listed on the dashboard message to acknowledge instructions. Outcome: As the syringe had a marked scale from 1-3, my husband assumed that a 50mg dose must correspond to 0.5 ML on the scale. This led to me getting half the dosage I needed and therefore a canceled transfer. Second egg retrieval. Dashboard instructions: Take 375 IU of Folistim In person instructions on Friday prior: 300 IU of Folistim Resolution: I messaged through the portal and it was clarified that the correct dose was 300 IU Medical Billing - Incorrect insurance authorizations and charge for a procedure we did not do. After waiting a week for the medical billing team to submit preauthorization for a second cycle, I received a call from WIN fertility (my insurance) saying I was approved for embryo freezing instead of a second IVF cycle. I called Kindbody to inform them of this mistake. They corrected it the next day and after repeated calls to WIN Fertility to fast track the application I was able to get an approval for a second IVF cycle, but was barely able to get drugs delivered in time. I received a message from billing charging us 4500 USD for a PGT in October that was not performed or authorized. I was contacted by three different people asking me to authorize the charge to my credit card. It required 4 emails and 2 left voicemails to those 3 different people before this was finally corrected and the charge removed. The insurance preapproval form to WINFertility should have been submitted Thursday 23 December, but was not submitted until Tues 28 Dec. Outcome: This resulted in a delayed shipping of the time sensitive Prometrium and Ovidrel prescriptions. After multiple lengthy and stressful calls back and forth between WINFertility and Optum Rx, during which they at first refused to transfer the prescription since the drugs were already in transit, the Prometrium prescription was ultimately able to be switched to our local Walgreens. Ovidrel had to be borrowed from Kindbody and replaced when it finally arrived at our home address.

2020 - 2021, 2 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Foyouzi was very caring and because my first egg freezing cycle resulted in zero eggs, she knew my situation was dire...patiently answered my questions through Kindbody's portal, and sometimes called me late in her day to explain...During the 1st egg freezing cycle she asked if I wanted to stop midway since there were few follicles, but I wanted to go through with it in case we could get any viable eggs.
How was your experience with Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Dr. Foyouzi and I knew I had DOR and a very low follicle count. During the 1st egg freezing cycle she asked if I wanted to stop midway since there were few follicles, but I wanted to go through with it in case we could get any viable eggs. In the end I didn't get any viable eggs from the first cycle. Since I purchased 3 egg freezing cycles upfront, I continued on to my 2nd egg freezing cycle, of course knowing the risks. I had so many questions before and during the 2nd cycle about what we could do to increase my chances and Dr. Foyouzi patiently answered my questions through Kindbody's portal, and sometimes called me late in her day to explain. At the end of the 2nd egg freezing cycle I had 3 eggs on the day of retrieval and 2 were viable and frozen down. From that 2nd egg freezing cycle, I actually found out I was pregnant! They tell you not to have sex during these cycles and obviously this is why, haha. Kindbody asked me to come in for an ultrasound that Dr. Foyouzi administered. She was ecstatic about the pregnancy, but I was not as (back then) my partner was not on board and I was not planning to raise a child by myself. I cried to her at the ultrasound appointment since I was actually considering to abort it. Dr. Foyouzi told me that of course it was fully my choice what I wanted to do, but she said that she wanted to have kids, however now at her age she could not have them and regrets it. She saw it as a miracle for me, and it really is since I have stage 4 endometriosis and DOR. She had little hope that the egg freezing we were doing would amount to anything, and it was clear... I only had 2 viable eggs. The chances were really slim. After my talk with Dr. Foyouzi and a nurse (Angela) at Kindbody, I decided to go through with the pregnancy. It was really the compassion that Dr. Foyouzi and Angela showed that made me change my mind. They made me realize that women are stronger than we know, and that we could make it happen if we wanted it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nastaran Foyouzi at Kindbody San Francisco?
Ask a lot of questions! She will do her best to answer them.
Dr. Foyouzi was very caring and because my first egg freezing cycle resulted in zero eggs, she knew my situation was dire. She and others at Kindbody discussed how to do my 2nd egg freezing cycle based on my DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela was the nurse assigned to me at Kindbody. On her first week, I had my egg retrieval and she sat and waited with me to be picked up after the retrieval. She was always very attentive and compassionate. After my retrieval, I still didn't get my period within the 2 weeks as expected. I messaged Kindbody and Angela asked me to come in for bloodwork to be done. The same day she called me to deliver the surprising news that I was actually pregnant. I was not planning to have a child at the time, and definitely not by myself so the news was really hard to deal with. I came in to Kindbody for an ultrasound and caught up with Angela. I had a heart-to-heart talk with her and she told me about her story of being a mom and how unexpected things happened in her journey. But, she was able to move on and she told me that I could do it alone if I wanted to. I saw how strong she was and after that visit, I knew I could also be a single mom and handle this pregnancy. Thank you, Angela!!
Describe your experience with Kindbody San Francisco.
The entire Kindbody support staff was always very kind. Everyone I encountered - the front desk, the phlebotomists, Erica the PA, the sonographers,... I looked forward to my appointments because people were supportive and every appointment was a step forward in my journey. One of the clinic's strengths are that there are multiple locations. I was going to be traveling during one of my egg freezing cycles and they contacted the Kindbody location in NJ to schedule a blood draw there for me. My work trip was cancelled so I never had to go to the Kindbody in NJ, but I was glad they could arrange for that. Also, now that I've moved to Mountain View, CA, there is a Kindbody location in Los Altos that I will go to moving forward since I have one more egg freezing cycle to go. I also like that they are transparent with pricing. This is how it should be! They have it on their website. I don't understand why others don't have it this way. I'm kind of scratching my head to come up with a weakness of Kindbody. They have expanded quickly in the last few years, but they are utilizing economies of scale. I haven't encountered issues yet, and I hope it continues that way! For new patients - if there are ever any questions, most communication is done through the Kindbody portal. They also have an app that is useful for making appointments and for messaging. One downside of Kindbody and the app is that not all of the detailed information about my egg freezing cycles were released immediately. For example, they recorded the # of follicles counted at each ultrasound however I never saw that # in any of my records. I think even to this day the information is difficult to find.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kindbody San Francisco.
Monitoring appointments were really efficient and always done in the mornings. They squeezed me in when they were able to based on their patient load.
All costs are listed on Kindbody's website.