Medical SchoolCase Western
Lone Tree
10099 RidgeGate Pkwy #260
Lone Tree, CO 80124
303-586-6598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Natalia Grindler to a friend?

3.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Grindler did bloodwork and ultrasound to determine my baseline strategy. She took my age and health factors into consideration...is very good at managing expectations to just focus on the step at hand. Because so much of this process is beyond control and results driven, she doesn't like to get ahead in the process of planning next steps...felt "firm but fair". She was very thorough, but lacked warmth. Fortunately, I prefer a blunt, more candid doctor. She is very smart and forthcoming and I feel like she knows what is best for me and will do what is best for me. At no point did I ever feel like just a number with Dr. Grindler. I understand that in her line of work, she is required to be detached and not give false hope to those who are so invested.
the clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] does practice multiple embryo transfer and that the decision to do that is up to the patient... Every single encounter I have had at the clinic has been a compassionate, positive, forthcoming, and easy experience. Everyone at Conceptions, from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, to the embryology team, to my doctor, to the whole nursing staff, is wonderful. I have felt fully supported throughout this whole experience. I did not feel like a number or cattle being herded. I felt like a human being that they truly cared about. No question was too dumb or too silly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Grindler comes off as very smart, educated and competent. I think those are her strengths. She is also quite thorough and provides info in a calm and objective manner. What she lacks in warmth, she makes up for in comprehensiveness. I never left her office without fully understanding a diagnosis, procedure, or with any open questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
A little warmth goes a long way. This process is so emotional for a newcomer to infertility. Initially, maybe acknowledge that fear, trepidation and nervousness about the process before delving into the specifics of the consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I know that this clinic sees A LOT of patients. Dr. Grindler felt "firm but fair". She was very thorough, but lacked warmth. Fortunately, I prefer a blunt, more candid doctor. She is very smart and forthcoming and I feel like she knows what is best for me and will do what is best for me. At no point did I ever feel like just a number with Dr. Grindler. I understand that in her line of work, she is required to be detached and not give false hope to those who are so invested.
Describe the protocols Natalia Grindler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Dr. Grindler did bloodwork and ultrasound to determine my baseline strategy. She took my age and health factors into consideration. I have Hashimoto's so she was looking for specific thyroid factors in the bloodwork. After that came back, she then suggested we do an HSG to determine if my anatomy was a factor in my infertility. The HSG showed a blocked tube, so essentially she gave me the option of IUI or IVF. My chances of conceiving naturally she determined were about 1-2% a month, given my age and hydrosalpinx. She gave the IUI a 10% chance of success and IVF a 70-75% chance of success. She agreed that IVF would be the best bang for our buck, so we started right away. She had me do more blood work and determined that I would prime with estrogen. on Cycle Day 2, we started with injections: 4 vials Menopur & 0.7 cc of Omnitrope AM and 300 IU Gonal-F PM. We slowly increased the Gonal-F throughout the cycle from 300 to 375 and then finally to 450. On cycle day 8, I started with Cetrotide and continued with the protocol until we triggered on Day 12. Overall I came away with 12 follicles. We retrieved 9 eggs, 5 were mature and 5 fertilized. Of those 5 embryos, 4 made it to blastocyst on day 5 and day 6, respectively. We biopsied all 4 and sent them to Natera for PGS testing. 3 came back abnormal with trisomy 16, 21 and deletion of chromosome 7. One came back PGS "normal" with an 85% confidence on chromosome 13. That embryo is currently frozen. Because of the confidence, Dr. Grindler agreed with my decision to do a second retrieval cycle to try to get more healthier embryos to potentially transfer. She is changing my second retrieval to prime with Estrogen, Cetrotide and Omnitrope and will start my Gonal-F at 450 IU from the start. She will also have my take the Omnitrope for longer. Unfortunately, my insurance company denied my second cycle and wants me to transfer my 85% confidence embryo first before they approve a second cycle. That is currently where I am with my protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens)
I loved Erika. She was incredibly compassionate, funny, real, and made me feel like a human during this process. She wasn't afraid to show her emotions or support during this process. Without her, I would have felt so lost! Every single nurse that I spoke with was transparent, thorough, and communicated very well about every step. I feel that the nursing staff is one of the biggest strengths of this clinic.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Fortunately for me, the closest fertility clinic recognized by my insurance as a "center of excellence" and therefore approved, was Conceptions in Littleton, CO. They are one of the top fertility clinics in the country and I can see why. Every single encounter I have had at the clinic has been a compassionate, positive, forthcoming, and easy experience. Everyone at Conceptions, from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, to the embryology team, to my doctor, to the whole nursing staff, is wonderful. I have felt fully supported throughout this whole experience. I did not feel like a number or cattle being herded. I felt like a human being that they truly cared about. No question was too dumb or too silly. They always called me when they said they would and made sure I felt good about the process every step of the way. I highly recommend Conceptions. Their strengths are with their incredibly caring nursing staff, and with their knowledgeable doctors on staff. I truly feel the doctors at Conceptions are at the forefront of fertility research. They included cutting edge meds in my protocol that many other clinics do not. For these reasons, I feel that they score so high in all fertility clinic surveys and with results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I believe my insurance has covered about $38k to date. I have a $55k lifetime fertility benefit. Out of pocket I have paid just under $10k for medications not covered and the PGS genetic testing that is not covered.
Describe Natalia Grindler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Grindler said that the clinic does practice multiple embryo transfer and that the decision to do that is up to the patient. Dr. Grindler is very good at managing expectations to just focus on the step at hand. Because so much of this process is beyond control and results driven, she doesn't like to get ahead in the process of planning next steps. She redirected conversations about transfer back to the retrieval process. She knows that patients can get ahead of themselves and therefore their expectations can be shattered. She is very good about having patients temper their expectations and focus on the present task. As such, we never had an in depth conversation about multiple embryo transfer other than what I stated above.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

When polyps were found in my uterus, Dr. Grindler made sure they were removed, so the embryo wouldn't implant on one. When my thyroid level elevated, she pushed back my transfer to make sure our baby would have the perfect environment and that I wouldn't miscarry. We trusted Dr. Grindler every step of the way and so glad we did! ... She also always handed me a tissue when I shed many tears in her office.
They [Conceptions Repro Assoc] are very thorough. I like how they give you a break between the IVF cycle and the transfer cycle. It gives you time to get all those medications out of your system. I also like how they only transfer one embryo at a time. ... When they called, I always felt like they generally cared. One piece of advice - perhaps work on their "email voice"? Sometimes it would take a few emails going back and forth before getting more of an answer.
I was devastated to learn at 33-years-old, I had diminished ovarian reserve. When my husband and I didn't get any good embryos after our first round of IVF (due to my poor egg quality), Dr. Grindler didn't throw out the word "donor eggs", as most fertility doctors quickly would. She believed in my body, at a time when I wasn't sure I entirely did. She prescribed me a steroid and we ended up getting two perfect embryos :-) When it came time for transfer, Dr. Grindler knew how bumpy of a road it was to get our embryos and made sure the stars aligned perfectly, so I could be pregnant. I've heard at other fertility clinics, they just transfer all the embryos back in you and "hope for the best" - not at Conceptions. When polyps were found in my uterus, Dr. Grindler made sure they were removed, so the embryo wouldn't implant on one. When my thyroid level elevated, she pushed back my transfer to make sure our baby would have the perfect environment and that I wouldn't miscarry. We trusted Dr. Grindler every step of the way and so glad we did! It took a lot of patience, but then the big day for transfer finally came! Dr. Grindler couldn't do my transfer, as the date got pushed back a few days to give my uterine lining more time to grow, but she made sure I was in good hands. Now, my husband and I are beyond ecstatic to welcome a baby girl later this summer!
Trust her! I know you wish you could've had a baby yesterday, but she truly wants you to have the best result - a perfect, healthy baby.
Dr. Grindler listened to my crazy questions and dealt with my anxiety. She also always handed me a tissue when I shed many tears in her office. When we found out we had two perfect embryos, she came out to the waiting room and gave us the biggest hug! This journey was not easy, and Dr. Grindler put both me and my husband at ease through this whole process.
My first IVF cycle was tricky, as no one knew how my body would react to the medications. My husband and I didn't receive any good embryos from our first round (due to my poor egg quality), but this helped Dr. Grindler get a better idea of how to approach round 2. This time, she put me on Estrogen pills instead of birth control, as the birth control shut my body down, and I wasn't making the necessary hormones. Then she added Omnitrope to the mix to improve my egg quality. She also increased my dosage of Menopur and Follistom. It all worked, as we ended up getting two perfect embryos!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Guin (during the IVF cycle) and Jessica Rico (during the transfer cycle))
They were great at answering all my emails (I had a lot of crazy questions!) When they called, I always felt like they generally cared. One piece of advice - perhaps work on their "email voice"? Sometimes it would take a few emails going back and forth before getting more of an answer. Overall though, they were great!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
There are a lot of fertility clinics you could go to in the Denver-area, but Conceptions is the best of the best! There's a reason why people from all over the world go there for IVF treatment. They are very thorough. I like how they give you a break between the IVF cycle and the transfer cycle. It gives you time to get all those medications out of your system. I also like how they only transfer one embryo at a time. Most fertility clinics my friends have gone to just put a bunch of embryos back in you and "hope for the best" - not a good approach. It's not like we're still doing IVF treatment circa 1990. Conceptions has the latest and greatest innovative technologies to help your dream of having a baby become a reality.
My husband's insurance covered $10,000 lifetime for IVF, but we still paid tens of thousands of dollars, as we did the package that includes chromosome testing.
Conceptions always recommends one embryo, as their success rates are so high and multiple pregnancies are complicated.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
I have a rare medical condition that could be complicated if I was to provide my own eggs or become pregnant. While the complication was not a guarantee, the risk was too great, so we decided to move forward using an egg donor and gestational carrier. Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile. We were turned away from other clinics, so it was nice to be treated with respect and understanding.
The only problem we had [with Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was with billing. We were able to get things straightened out in the end. Keeping records of everything helps!...$38,000 included egg retrieval, their own anonymous egg donor fee, IVF, and FET...we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!...Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Grindler is a very compassionate person. While I am not infertile, I have a rare medical condition that could be exacerbated by pregnancy and possibly result in major surgery post pregnancy. I was turned away from a clinic since I was not infertile. Dr. Grindler treated me no different and explained that her goal is to help every family that wants a baby to have one. She was very clear when outlining the process and made herself available if we had any questions. As of now, she has helped us to create 7 exceptional frozen embryos. Her plan for the egg donor - amounts of medications, timing, etc -was phenomenal, resulting in 7 frozen genetically exceptional embryos. We couldn't be more thrilled!! Our gestational carrier will soon be starting medications for the FET, and we can't wait!
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. She is more than happy to answer!
We don't know the exact treatment strategies as of now since she has only worked with our anonymous egg donor. Thus, we were not informed of any of the specifics of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Tasha, and Cori)
The nursing staff is AMAZING. Christina, Tasha, and Cori have been a god send. They are so organized and on top of everything. They respond in a timely manner and genuinely care about you. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing staff!!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We love everything about this clinic except for billing. We have run into issues with them. We recommend that you keep records of everything, ask lots of questions, and keep all of the emails!!! Please note that we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!
+ Read more- Read less

I never met a doctor [Dr. Grinder] until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients...She was very frank at a regroup. If oral meds didn’t work she would not do injectables with IUI. She would only do IVF. She said she didn’t want me wasting money on Iui when Ivf had better outcomes. We only met once at the first regroup (still continuing care).
Nurse [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] failed to call with results on day 3 before beginning letrozole. I started on my own. Miscommunication caused me to skip an oral med cycle. Then my period was off, had to take provera, resulted in cyst needing to be drained... The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
She seemed to push IVF ($$ for them), but I do think in my case, that is probably the only outcome that will work. She seemed compassionate and understanding, but busy enough to only communicate through nurses on a monthly basis.
I never met a doctor until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients. However the staff I did interact with were nice.
She chose letrozole as I had only used clomid in the last with no results. She also wanted as least invasive as possible, so we started with oral meds with iui. Letrozole 5mg - no ovulation Miscommunication with clinic - no meds, missed cycle, regroup Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 2 eggs, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 1 egg, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - no ovulation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Our nurse was great. The only exception was there was a time she didn’t call with results before I started the letrozole (I took a chance and started it on my own). She answered emails in a timely manner and wven responded once when she was out of the office for an extended few days. A secondary nurse at a separate branch helped when my nurse was unavailable. This resulted in miscommunication about the reason for the regroup. I went in expecting one thing and the dr was prepared to discussion another thing.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
When we started, the clinic didn’t give instructions - stop/continue birth control - which created a delay in treatment. The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
Sperm wash - $95 self pay Iui - $395 self pay Letrozole - insurance - $1 Ovidril - insurance - $25 Dr appt - don’t remember -$200 initial consult and regroup? Ultrasound - $20 with insurance
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Grindler is caring and passionate. She explained results and procedures well and truly wants what’s best for each patient. She provided her personal email to reach out to her with any questions that may arise. My only complaint is I wish I would have seen her more often than the nurses during my IUI treatments...Letrazole with IUI cycles. Earlier testing with my ultrasounds due to producing follicles quickly and history of cysts.
My strongest complaint [with Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was the miscommunication or inconsistent communication regarding calling to report day 1 of menses and the on call/weekend protocol...$2,000 for polyp removal. $3,000+ for 2 rounds of IUI...The weaknesses of the clinic include lack of communication, difficulty reaching someone by phone, and slow to return calls. Communication was much stronger during my initial contact and Consultation.
The infertility journey is draining emotionally and physically and be prepared for bumps along the road.
At times it was difficult to speak with a Dr to get questions answered. The clinic did not promptly return phone calls.
My main nurse Erin was compassionate and understanding. My only complaint with the nursing staff overall is the lack of communication between offices in describing the protocol for IUI.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
$2,000 for polyp removal. $3,000+ for 2 rounds of IUI.