Medical SchoolCase Western
Lone Tree
10099 RidgeGate Pkwy #260
Lone Tree, CO 80124
303-586-6598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Natalia Grindler to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates to a friend?
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
While Dr. Grindler was great on a personal level, we just didn't get the results we wanted or were expecting. It was frustrating to follow directions perfectly, be talked in to one more retrieval (twice for a total of 3) and end up with the same result - no baby.... After my first retrieval failed miserably (nothing survived to Day 5), Dr. Grindler increased my Menopur and Gonal-F dosages at the onset of stims and added in HGH (Omnitrope) in hopes of improving egg quality.
3 IUI, 3 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
While Dr. Grindler was great on a personal level, we just didn't get the results we wanted or were expecting. It was frustrating to follow directions perfectly, be talked in to one more retrieval (twice for a total of 3) and end up with the same result - no baby. We grew even more concerned when someone started a poll on the Conceptions support page asking for patients to share which doctors at Conceptions got them pregnant - the other 3 doctors were all tallying up babies and the only mention of Grindler was a failure. Ultimately we decided it was time to go to the best, Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM. We are currently in treatment with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Ask for her record of successful transfers and of live births. Total number and percentages.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Grindler was warm, took the time to get to know our family and cared about our outcome.
Describe the protocols Natalia Grindler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
After my first retrieval failed miserably (nothing survived to Day 5), Dr. Grindler increased my Menopur and Gonal-F dosages at the onset of stims and added in HGH (Omnitrope) in hopes of improving egg quality. Clomid was added during my 3rd retrieval in hopes it would improve egg quantity but this cycle wasn't my best and didn't net any PGS tested normal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens)
I loved Erika on a personal level. She was accessible, compassionate and helped me round up some extra med when my stim ran an extra day which was huge. She did accidentally give me the wrong protocol during one of my retrievals and when I questioned her on it, she gave a made up answer on what the dr was thinking. Luckily, I happened to run in to Grindler in the waiting room a day later who confirmed it was wrong. This was upsetting but caught in time and we were able to go back to normal. I just felt I had to double check everything from that point on.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I wish I would have asked the clinic which dr(s) had the highest transfer success rates, and live birth rates before letting them assign me to the new doctor. Overall, Conceptions was great to work with, ran on time, got info loaded in to the portal quickly, easy to reach. We just didn't get the result we expected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The 1st cycle was around $17,000. They discounted my 3rd one since I had no success with Dr. Grindler, maybe it was knocked down to around $15,500.
Describe Natalia Grindler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Grindler is big believer in single embryo transfer.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

When polyps were found in my uterus, Dr. Grindler made sure they were removed, so the embryo wouldn't implant on one. When my thyroid level elevated, she pushed back my transfer to make sure our baby would have the perfect environment and that I wouldn't miscarry. We trusted Dr. Grindler every step of the way and so glad we did! ... She also always handed me a tissue when I shed many tears in her office.
I was devastated to learn at 33-years-old, I had diminished ovarian reserve. When my husband and I didn't get any good embryos after our first round of IVF (due to my poor egg quality), Dr. Grindler didn't throw out the word "donor eggs", as most fertility doctors quickly would. She believed in my body, at a time when I wasn't sure I entirely did. She prescribed me a steroid and we ended up getting two perfect embryos :-) When it came time for transfer, Dr. Grindler knew how bumpy of a road it was to get our embryos and made sure the stars aligned perfectly, so I could be pregnant. I've heard at other fertility clinics, they just transfer all the embryos back in you and "hope for the best" - not at Conceptions. When polyps were found in my uterus, Dr. Grindler made sure they were removed, so the embryo wouldn't implant on one. When my thyroid level elevated, she pushed back my transfer to make sure our baby would have the perfect environment and that I wouldn't miscarry. We trusted Dr. Grindler every step of the way and so glad we did! It took a lot of patience, but then the big day for transfer finally came! Dr. Grindler couldn't do my transfer, as the date got pushed back a few days to give my uterine lining more time to grow, but she made sure I was in good hands. Now, my husband and I are beyond ecstatic to welcome a baby girl later this summer!
Trust her! I know you wish you could've had a baby yesterday, but she truly wants you to have the best result - a perfect, healthy baby.
Dr. Grindler listened to my crazy questions and dealt with my anxiety. She also always handed me a tissue when I shed many tears in her office. When we found out we had two perfect embryos, she came out to the waiting room and gave us the biggest hug! This journey was not easy, and Dr. Grindler put both me and my husband at ease through this whole process.
My first IVF cycle was tricky, as no one knew how my body would react to the medications. My husband and I didn't receive any good embryos from our first round (due to my poor egg quality), but this helped Dr. Grindler get a better idea of how to approach round 2. This time, she put me on Estrogen pills instead of birth control, as the birth control shut my body down, and I wasn't making the necessary hormones. Then she added Omnitrope to the mix to improve my egg quality. She also increased my dosage of Menopur and Follistom. It all worked, as we ended up getting two perfect embryos!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Guin (during the IVF cycle) and Jessica Rico (during the transfer cycle))
They were great at answering all my emails (I had a lot of crazy questions!) When they called, I always felt like they generally cared. One piece of advice - perhaps work on their "email voice"? Sometimes it would take a few emails going back and forth before getting more of an answer. Overall though, they were great!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
There are a lot of fertility clinics you could go to in the Denver-area, but Conceptions is the best of the best! There's a reason why people from all over the world go there for IVF treatment. They are very thorough. I like how they give you a break between the IVF cycle and the transfer cycle. It gives you time to get all those medications out of your system. I also like how they only transfer one embryo at a time. Most fertility clinics my friends have gone to just put a bunch of embryos back in you and "hope for the best" - not a good approach. It's not like we're still doing IVF treatment circa 1990. Conceptions has the latest and greatest innovative technologies to help your dream of having a baby become a reality.
My husband's insurance covered $10,000 lifetime for IVF, but we still paid tens of thousands of dollars, as we did the package that includes chromosome testing.
Conceptions always recommends one embryo, as their success rates are so high and multiple pregnancies are complicated.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
I have a rare medical condition that could be complicated if I was to provide my own eggs or become pregnant. While the complication was not a guarantee, the risk was too great, so we decided to move forward using an egg donor and gestational carrier. Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile. We were turned away from other clinics, so it was nice to be treated with respect and understanding.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Grindler is a very compassionate person. While I am not infertile, I have a rare medical condition that could be exacerbated by pregnancy and possibly result in major surgery post pregnancy. I was turned away from a clinic since I was not infertile. Dr. Grindler treated me no different and explained that her goal is to help every family that wants a baby to have one. She was very clear when outlining the process and made herself available if we had any questions. As of now, she has helped us to create 7 exceptional frozen embryos. Her plan for the egg donor - amounts of medications, timing, etc -was phenomenal, resulting in 7 frozen genetically exceptional embryos. We couldn't be more thrilled!! Our gestational carrier will soon be starting medications for the FET, and we can't wait!
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. She is more than happy to answer!
We don't know the exact treatment strategies as of now since she has only worked with our anonymous egg donor. Thus, we were not informed of any of the specifics of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Tasha, and Cori)
The nursing staff is AMAZING. Christina, Tasha, and Cori have been a god send. They are so organized and on top of everything. They respond in a timely manner and genuinely care about you. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing staff!!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We love everything about this clinic except for billing. We have run into issues with them. We recommend that you keep records of everything, ask lots of questions, and keep all of the emails!!! Please note that we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!
$38,000 included egg retrieval, their own anonymous egg donor fee, IVF, and FET.
Denver

I never met a doctor [Dr. Grinder] until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients...She was very frank at a regroup. If oral meds didn’t work she would not do injectables with IUI. She would only do IVF. She said she didn’t want me wasting money on Iui when Ivf had better outcomes. We only met once at the first regroup (still continuing care).
She seemed to push IVF ($$ for them), but I do think in my case, that is probably the only outcome that will work. She seemed compassionate and understanding, but busy enough to only communicate through nurses on a monthly basis.
I never met a doctor until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients. However the staff I did interact with were nice.
She chose letrozole as I had only used clomid in the last with no results. She also wanted as least invasive as possible, so we started with oral meds with iui. Letrozole 5mg - no ovulation Miscommunication with clinic - no meds, missed cycle, regroup Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 2 eggs, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 1 egg, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - no ovulation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Our nurse was great. The only exception was there was a time she didn’t call with results before I started the letrozole (I took a chance and started it on my own). She answered emails in a timely manner and wven responded once when she was out of the office for an extended few days. A secondary nurse at a separate branch helped when my nurse was unavailable. This resulted in miscommunication about the reason for the regroup. I went in expecting one thing and the dr was prepared to discussion another thing.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
When we started, the clinic didn’t give instructions - stop/continue birth control - which created a delay in treatment. The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
Sperm wash - $95 self pay Iui - $395 self pay Letrozole - insurance - $1 Ovidril - insurance - $25 Dr appt - don’t remember -$200 initial consult and regroup? Ultrasound - $20 with insurance
Littleton

Dr Grindler is caring and passionate. She explained results and procedures well and truly wants what’s best for each patient. She provided her personal email to reach out to her with any questions that may arise. My only complaint is I wish I would have seen her more often than the nurses during my IUI treatments...Letrazole with IUI cycles. Earlier testing with my ultrasounds due to producing follicles quickly and history of cysts.
The infertility journey is draining emotionally and physically and be prepared for bumps along the road.
At times it was difficult to speak with a Dr to get questions answered. The clinic did not promptly return phone calls.
My main nurse Erin was compassionate and understanding. My only complaint with the nursing staff overall is the lack of communication between offices in describing the protocol for IUI.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The weaknesses of the clinic include lack of communication, difficulty reaching someone by phone, and slow to return calls. Communication was much stronger during my initial contact and Consultation.
$2,000 for polyp removal. $3,000+ for 2 rounds of IUI.