7.3

Livingston, NJ 07039

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2016
Investment Banker
Doctor Cekleniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately m
The clinic has a good reputation and is part of St Barnabas, which is a highly recommended hospital in the area. All doctors are extremely knowledgeable, however I felt as though they took on too many clients and as such, are unable to provide the level of support and one-on-one attention needed during such a stressful time in a women's life...Nurse Anne was my designated nurse and was very knowledgeable, however was out of the office quite often which meant that I had to rely on other nurses, in which I did not have a relationship and sometimes the information was conflicting.
How was your experience with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Ceklieniak is lovely and very knowledgeable, however the clinic takes on too many patients, to the point that you feel as though you are just a number (or co-pay). I did not receive the level of support that I needed during these cycles and was often confused about the next steps and what the results were stating. I spoke with a different doctor each time and sometimes the information conflicted each other. I needed someone to help me to understand exactly what was occurring each step of the way and this was unfortunately missing. Some women may not require the same level as support as I did, but
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Determine how much support and information you need from your doctor and make sure that you are receiving that every step of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie A. Cekleniak at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
IRMS in Livingston takes on many patients, when visiting them each morning for monitoring you will be seated with 20-30 women at any one time, who are also called through for U/S and BW. Each time you go you will see a different doctor depending on who is on roster for that day. In the beginning of the treatment you are provided a dedicated RE, nurse, coordinator and financial officer. However, I only saw my doctor at the beginning of the cycle and at the very end (when things did not turn out as expected). Many times I called my nurse and she was out of the office and other nurses would call back. During my second cycle I specifically asked for my support, more information on what was going on and how the results were looking. I was told to call/email any time, however these calls/emails were always transferred on to another doctor to manage. I did not speak with my doctor through the cycles and this made it very frustrating trying to attempt to understand all that was occurring.
Describe the protocols Natalie A. Cekleniak used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I completed two cycles of IVF before I was told that I was DOR, which I actually asked rather than being provided with the information. I was on the max dosage of ivf injectables and did not generate many eggs, the first cycle resulted in 4 eggs and the second 7. Neither cycle resulted in strong development of the embryo and I was unable to complete a transfer either time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Anne McGuire)
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Natalie A. Cekleniak