Medical SchoolMed Col of Georgia
512-451-0149
5000 Davis Lane
Austin, TX 78749
512-451-0149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Natalie Burger to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Burger is kind, understanding, more patient than anyone I've ever met and will spend time with you to allow questions, concerns, talking, etc. She is awesome. She has made me feel comfortable and talks to me like I am an educated person because of my medical background. I appreciate her candidness and ability to "talk me off the ledge"...She never lets me leave without making sure I feel ready. Even if I leave and come up with a question - she will get back to me ASAP. I always leave feeling comfortable and I know she is going to take care of me.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
There aren't enough words to describe how great Dr. Burger is. She is exactly what we needed going through all of this. As I am writing this I am getting ready to trigger for our first cycle and since I don't want the success/failure to be a reason to have an opinion as a physician, I would like to write about our treatment thus far. Dr. Burger is so patient - I have never felt like I couldn't ask her even the "dumbest" questions. She is kind. She never lets me leave without making sure I feel ready. Even if I leave and come up with a question - she will get back to me ASAP. I always leave feeling comfortable and I know she is going to take care of me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Prepare yourself, the more you know about what's going on - the more you can discuss all the options with her. She will discuss anything you bring her way - after countless hours of research, I would bring up a new possible treatment or test and she never batted an eye. She is great to work with and believes in collaborative care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I had previously seen a different doctor who treated me like a number. Dr. Burger is kind, understanding, more patient than anyone I've ever met and will spend time with you to allow questions, concerns, talking, etc. She is awesome. She has made me feel comfortable and talks to me like I am an educated person because of my medical background. I appreciate her candidness and ability to "talk me off the ledge".
Describe the protocols Natalie Burger used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I did three separate IUI's with Femara + Ovidrel trigger that were unsuccessful. I had frequent follow-ups with Dr. Burger throughout that time. Currently I am doing IVF with Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron trigger. She has had me follow-up with ultrasounds & labs every 2 days. Her nurses will call and check on me daily. With my very high egg count and PCOS she has been cautious with my medication as not to produce too many follicles. She has also had me changed from my Ovidrel trigger to the Lupron trigger since I am at a higher risk for OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Dee Dee)
Dee Dee is awesome! After a previous experience at this clinic with a different nurse I was very wary. She is compassionate, patient, educated, skilled at her job. She has a vast knowledge of the care she gives. I appreciate her honesty and her patience for me! She answers emails within a day, returns calls promptly and will consult Dr. Burger to calm my nerves when I need it. She has been amazing. The staff at the office is also very nice! They always try to work with my schedule. They make sure I leave with an understanding of what my next steps are. They are very sweet.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
As a clinic - I feel that TFC has a tendency to overbook their patients. I previously saw a different physician and had a terrible experience. I also used to go to their main office where there is never a time I didn't have to wait at least thirty minutes after I arrived to see my doctor. At the south clinic, it is much better. The staff is friendlier, more understanding. I get into my appointments as I arrive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center.
Each IUI cycle costed a total of about $3000, as my insurance does not provide coverage. This includes medication. This IVF cycle has cost about $19,000 plus $4000 in medications.
Describe Natalie Burger's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
We have discussed this, at length. I would prefer multiples since I believe that would give me a higher chance at success. She prefers singles because of less chance of problems throughout the pregnancy, higher success rates after genetic testing, etc. Most importantly, I trust her. She has given me her rationale and I agree.
South Austin
She [Dr. Burger] discovered a birth defect I had in my uterus that no other dr had noticed. She encouraged me to take care of that prior to IVF. My husband had zero sperm so she refered us to an excellent dr and helped us get an appt faster than normal. My husband's specialist was able to surgically get sperm and Natalie encouraged us to use ICSI and strongly suggested only transferring one embryo. She performed my procedure herself as well as the retrieval and implantation.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Natalie was great at explaining everything she was doing before and during a procedure. She was always calm and patient with our questions or concerns. She was honest and compassionate. There were a few times that I think she assumed we knew something but when we would stop and ask for more info or clarification she would not rush but took the time to fully explain things to us.
Ask a lot of questions, don't hesitate, no question is stupid!
She took the time to listen to our story and what our journey was like. She was always kind and remembered details about us when we would visit.
She discovered a birth defect I had in my uterus that no other dr had noticed. She encouraged me to take care of that prior to IVF. My husband had zero sperm so she refered us to an excellent dr and helped us get an appt faster than normal. My husband's specialist was able to surgically get sperm and Natalie encouraged us to use ICSI and strongly suggested only transferring one embryo. She performed my procedure herself as well as the retrieval and implantation. She performed all the sonograms and prescribed all the medications. When my body wasn't quite ready for something she explained it to me and adjust my injections. When the insurance company was difficult with medications she intervened and found an alternative route that insurance would work with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Answered all my questions and was very kind. Convenient to email her periodically and always got quick responses. Very thorough when teaching about medications. Visits were always quick!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Excellent clinic! They are prompt and on time, answer questions with kindness! They are really busy, it took a long Time to get my records sent to my new doctor.
Total about $25,00
Natalie is very adamant about giving her patients the healthiest outcome and therefore has a lot of information to share about why she does not prefer multiple embryo transfers.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Natalie Burger] presented all information about my infertility very directly and scientifically, but also with a plan and hope...Though my ovarian reserve was low and my chances of conceiving with my own eggs very low, she never took that option off the table, she was just very honest about the expected results. I am not sure that without her guidance we would have been so open to using donor eggs, but she made the whole experience wonderful and I trusted her perspective completely.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I can't say enough about Dr. Burger. Initially she may come off as a bit stiff, but she really does a great job of communicating all options. Though my ovarian reserve was low and my chances of conceiving with my own eggs very low, she never took that option off the table, she was just very honest about the expected results. I am not sure that without her guidance we would have been so open to using donor eggs, but she made the whole experience wonderful and I trusted her perspective completely.
I would say to not be put off if she seems a bit detached at first - listen to what she's saying and give her time to warm up. After working with four doctors I can say that I felt more cared for by her than any of the others.
I liked Dr. Burger immediately. She presented all information about my infertility very directly and scientifically, but also with a plan and hope. After three transfers, the experience I had with Dr. Burger was far and away the best. She spoke to me the whole time, allowed my husband to be in the room with me, and we got to see the embryo on the screen before the transfer and then watch as it was placed. After the procedure she gave us both a big hug and I really felt like she was genuinely rooting for us.
Because we used donor eggs, the protocol was fairly straightforward and more like a frozen embryo transfer. I took a birth control pill to sync up my schedule with the donor, then started on lupron, followed by Estradiol before the transfer and then continued on that after the transfer along with Crinone progesterone gel and nightly progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Leanne)
Leanne was fairly responsive on email though I found that I usually had to wait until the evening to get a response. Once I realized that I knew what to expect. The on-call weekend nurse was Pam who I loved. Then again, she's the one who gave me the good news about my positive test so it would be hard to say anything negative about her no matter what!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I found the fact that they have multiple locations really convenient. We mainly went to the Austin South office which is closer to our home and that was nice. We did have to go to the North location for the procedure, but it was also convenient and the experience there was far better than other clinics.
It was approximately $30,000 all in, not including genetic testing on the embryos.
Again, because we used donor eggs Dr. Burger recommended a single embryo transfer. This is where I really appreciated her perspective and what she said was, "We want to make sure this pregnancy is safe for both you and the baby. Our goal is to have you both leave the hospital completely safe." That really resonated with both my husband and me.
PCOS, Unexplained
I liked Dr Burger from the very beginning; as soon as she got all of our information​ and background, she was already writing out plans for treatment. She was honest with us about our odds and never sugar coated anything, but was also encouraging. She kept us updated throughout every step of every process. I trusted her completely to do right by us...Dr Burger was always friendly and cheerful to us. She answered all of our questions and took our concerns seriously.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Feel free to ask questions or suggest alternatives! She's very nice and not dismissive at all.
I did four IUI with Femara and two Femara only cycles, with doses ranging from 2.5-7.5mg. Half the cycles were with progesterone supplementation due to a shortening luteal phase. We had no quantifiable issues so IUI was the first step before IVF. When we moved to IVF we had an antagonist protocol with birth control suppression, gonal F, Menopur and cetrotide. Gonal F doses ranged from 75-300IU depending on estradiol levels. 75IU Menopur and cetrotide were used on days 10-13 of stims. 23 eggs were retrieved, 10 each fertilized normally and with ICSI, and 11 embryos were frozen. Half and half approach was used in case of fertilization issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: DeeDee for IVF)
DeeDee was always very quick to reply to communication. She was flexible with our odd situation (me unable to receive calls at work) and talked to my husband often.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
TFC was clean, quiet and organized. Both locations we used were equally nice. It was really convenient being able to make appointments at the different locations depending on which was more convenient for us at the time. The new surgical center we used for IVF was excellent. We almost never had to wait long for appointments.
Ultrasound monitoring was $200 each. Sperm wash $200, IUI $200. IVF plus one transfer was about $18k, higher than usual due to me needing more meds and having so many embryos to take care of.
Dr Burger strongly suggested eSET due to our ages, unexplained infertility, and general clinic practice. She said she'd only consider multiples after a few failed transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Texas Fertility Center?
South Austin
Dr. Natalie Burger always went over the plan to make sure I understand what I needed to do and the procedure was going to go. Even though none of the cycles resulted in a pregnancy, she always had a positive outlook... The first couple of IUIs we used Femara by itself uping the dose on the third IUI I believe. On the fourth and fifth IUIs, we added injection shots to give us more chances with an increase in eggs. None of the IUIs worked, so our next step would be IVF, but the costs is stopping us from proceeding any further.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Always speak up when you don't understand something. Dr. Natalie Burger will always listen to you and your concerns.
Dr. Natalie Burger always had a warm feeling when she walked through the door and greeted me. I always felt like I could ask her anything and it wasn't a stupid question.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
My nurse was wonderful. She always responded to her email and voicemails in a timely fashion. Always got back to me if I had questions and she needed to talk with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinics were always clean. They were easy to get to if you are familiar with the area. They had supplies such as pad, tampons, etc. in the bathroom if needed. Parking was sometimes an issue, but for the most part I always found a parking spot.
I don't really remember. I would say the total costs of 5 IUIs would be about $5,000.
South Austin
Dr Burger was very warm and candid while working with me. I had a pregnancy that ended up being an abnormal so I to return and try again. She was very compassionate....She was very knowledgeable and outlined many different options. I appreciated the fact that she did not jump to the most expensive option but wanted to try cheaper solutions first. She was very sensitive towards financial limitations also. She was personable and positive...
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
We decided to go with the least invasive strategy first. I did 3 IUI's before getting pregnant. All were without medicine. After I returned to fertility treatments again we decided together to try fertility meds because she thought stimulating my ovaries would increase the quality of the eggs. AFter that IUI did not work (due to low motile sperm count probably) a cyst developed on one ovary so we decided to not use meds on the next round. I became pregnant.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is available at all hours. They are very organized. When another doctor has to see you, they have no problem figuring out your plan. The clinic is reachable by phone or email and they have an after hours nurse line. I never sat around for a long time waiting. It was in and out. They also have an IVF lab associated with them.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Be prepared that it will not be a warm and fuzzy experience, but she [Dr. Natalie Burger] will be kind and tactful.... Started with progesterone suppositories to try and lengthen my LP, then IUI with Femara. Upped my Femara dose for IUI #2 to 7.5 mg and added Estradiol with the progesterone, reducing Estradiol dose for IUI #3 because it made me very moody and irritable. My LP has lengthened to 12-14 days with this protocol, but no pregnancy yet.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I don’t think this is really Dr. Burger’s fault because I have done a ton of research and the terminology and basic plan was familiar to me already, but my husband has been confused about the plan and next steps.
Be prepared that it will not be a warm and fuzzy experience, but she will be kind and tactful.
I never feel rushed, I have a dedicated nurse that is very easy to reach, and her bedside manner is kind while also being clinical and realistic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
My primary nurse and the on call nurse have both been outstanding and uplifting
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It’s been pretty easy to get appointments, but there is not much availability for early morning. The south location also has some limitations, so I’ve needed to go to the main office a few times. You’ll just need to be flexible sometimes.
South Austin
Every single time I go to the clinic, I see my doctor [Dr. Natalie Burger]. She will spend as much time with me as needed to answer all of my questions. She is compassionate.... She is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. She listens and answers all questions no matter how trivial. She spends as much time as you need with you. She can be reached through the nurses most of the time
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. She listens and answers all questions no matter how trivial. She spends as much time as you need with you. She can be reached through the nurses most of the time.
I highly recommend her.
Every single time I go to the clinic, I see my doctor. She will spend as much time with me as needed to answer all of my questions. She is compassionate.
She found and removed a uterine septum and tried several IUIs. We have now moved on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I don’t see my nurse much since I go to a satellite location, not the main office. She is available for questions via phone during business hours. The on-call nurse is available after hours.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
If you choose to go to one of the satellite offices, you will still need to go to the main location for certain things (anything on the weekend, anything IVF related). All of the doctors are great. You will see a doctor at every single visit.
We paid completely out of pocket.
She will only transfer one pgs tested embryo.
2014 - 2017
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I have had a great experience with Dr. Burger. She removed my stage 4 endometriosis recently. I was just diagnosed with Diminised Ovarian Reserve and we are likely going to be pursuing IVF soon. I feel confident being under her care...Dr. Burger is very warm and caring. She takes time to listen and answer all questions without seeming annoyed.
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to ask all your questions- she will take time to answer them fully
We are at the beginning stage of treatment with Dr. Burger as I have just been diagnosed with DOR. But I am happy with the laparoscopy she did for my Endometriosis last year.
The nurses have not seemed as compassionate or patient as Dr. Burger.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
They are well run and organized.
I am just starting with treatment so I can't say but for my surgery for endometriosis I paid about 1500
What specific things went wrong at Texas Fertility Center?
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Burger got to know us and our situation. She was very willing to try IUI with us before moving onto IVF. I felt she was very honest with us throughout our treatment... She was always very informative. We always felt she was sensitive to our situation and would make time to speak with us after failed attempts to explain what we could do next and cover what was involved in that.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
I don't feel Dr Burger has any weaknesses as a care giver. She was always very informative. We always felt she was sensitive to our situation and would make time to speak with us after failed attempts to explain what we could do next and cover what was involved in that. She was brilliant and I would and do highly recommend her to people with fertility issues.
There are other good doctors at the clinic but Dr Burger was our favourite. She is very open and honest with you and will listen to your needs.
Dr Burger got to know us and our situation. She was very willing to try IUI with us before moving onto IVF. I felt she was very honest with us throughout our treatment which was a great thing because I would have hated to spend more money undergoing procedures that would not necessarily have ever resulted in pregnancy.
The nursin staff were all very caring and understanding of the environment they were working in. They would always wish us luck after having an IUI.
Central Austin
She [Dr. Burger] performed surgery to remove my uterine septum as well as a polyp. After healing, we did 2 rounds with Femara and timed intercourse and 1 round with Femara, Ovidrel and IUI. We ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle...She sat with me and answered every question. We came up with a plan A, B, and C...She is a great listener, very well educated, and willing to give many options...She is so knowledgeable about this field of medicine and really knows her stuff.
How was your experience with Natalie Burger at Texas Fertility Center?
She is a great listener, very well educated, and willing to give many options.
She performed surgery to remove my uterine septum as well as a polyp. After healing, we did 2 rounds with Femara and timed intercourse and 1 round with Femara, Ovidrel and IUI. We ended up getting pregnant on a natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
The nursing staff is very communicative!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Extremely well organized, clean, and professional.
With insurance coverage (before deductible) ultrasound was $190, IUI was about $565.