Natalie Schultz

Warrenville
28375 Davis Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555
866-483-2446

[Dr. Natalie Schultz] is very knowledgeable and did a lot to put us at ease while explaining potential outcomes. We only meet with her directly once and most appointments were with my nurse or the NP...We did Follistim with lupron trigger due to my high AMH and risk of OHSS...freeze all for embryos. We expected a lower egg retrieval number and were on the high end of that. Due to history of low male morphology, we did ICSI all and 5 made it to day 5 blast and freeze. We're very happy with the low symptoms and outcome. Transfer is delayed due to COVID-19
My only complaint [with Chicago IVF] is before retrieval, the surgical center sent instructions with medications to take. I was not prepared for the medications and had to call the emergency nurse for her to call in the prescription for the same day...It was hard to get an estimate before my treatment plan was finalized and the billing office wouldn't give a range until that and they looked at my insurance.
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
She's very knowledgeable and did a lot to put us at ease while explaining potential outcomes. We only meet with her directly once and most appointments were with my nurse or the NP. I don't feel the need to meet with her anymore since everything else is handled well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Don't expect to meet with her often. You'll develop a better relationship with your nurse.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
I felt human because we talked in detail about our specific history. I think my husband felt ignored since everything was directed towards me. The nurse practitioner was very good.
Describe the protocols Natalie Schultz used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
We did Follistim with lupron trigger due to my high AMH and risk of OHSS. And freeze all for embryos. We expected a lower egg retrieval number and were on the high end of that. Due to history of low male morphology, we did ICSI all and 5 made it to day 5 blast and freeze. We're very happy with the low symptoms and outcome. Transfer is delayed due to COVID-19
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lidia Edwards)
Love my nurse, I think she's compassionate and mostly on top of everything. My only complaint is before retrieval, the surgical center sent instructions with medications to take. I was not prepared for the medications and had to call the emergency nurse for her to call in the prescription for the same day.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Batch retrieval, schedule is on place which helps with planning. Dedicated nurse to call and email. They use eIVF so you have an internet dashboard, but I hadn't received some instructions and outcomes related to the surgical center
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF.
It was hard to get an estimate before my treatment plan was finalized and the billing office wouldn't give a range until that and they looked at my insurance. We were surprised by the cost of genetic testing since no one said it typically isn't covered by insurance. The genetic testing company bills insurance for $12,000.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
As mentioned, the day before my retrieval, they sent instructions for medication that was never conveyed before and the medications weren't ordered in the pharmacy. The 24 hour emergency nurse was available and able to contact my pharmacy for same day pickup.
Natalie Schultz