6.3

Warrenville
28375 Davis Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Schultz has never talked to me about my partner or our goals as a lesbian couple...I would have liked if [she] asked me and my wife...what we would have preferred and made us feel apart of the decisions for our IVF Cycle. Instead, we were told what we will be doing and when...the only time I have talked to [her] is my initial and follow up consultations...she explained everything very well and I ended the call with very optimistic feelings
The clinic [at Chicago IVF] is great! Very organized and updated with their information and coordination...Coordination between sperm bank and the clinic was phenomenal...Dr. Schultz has never talked to me about my partner or our goals as a lesbian couple. Also, every time I go in the front desk staff or nurses just assume I have a husband...Nurses communicate very quickly and effectively...the only time I have talked to Dr. Schultz is my initial and follow up consultations
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Natalie Schultz is an older woman who seems very knowledgeable. At my initial consultation she explained everything very well and I ended the call with very optimistic feelings. However, I would have liked if she asked me and my wife what our goals or expectations were during the consultation and maybe what we would have preferred and made us feel apart of the decisions for our IVF Cycle. Instead, we were told what we will be doing and when. We were somewhat okay with this since she is the doctor and we just assume she knows what’s best but it have been nice to ask for our input to see if it was doable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Some advice I would give is to ask as many questions as you need to while you are in the room or on video with her because you probably won’t be able to talk to her directly or see her again until a procedure or next consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
In person at appointments all the staff are friendly and welcoming. However, the treatment as a whole has felt like I am just a number. For example my transfer has been pushed back an entire month because there’s too many patients and I don’t fit in the schedule. Also the only time I have talked to Dr. Schultz is my initial and follow up consultations.
Describe the protocols Natalie Schultz used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
Overall all strategy was to move directly to IVF since my HSG was abnormal due to tubal blockage and I have never been pregnant in the 9 years of TTC on my own. IVF strategy was for an initially low protocol because of my age (29) and to avoid OHSS. After the first few days of stims levels were getting high so protocol changed to lower dosage. We ended up getting to retrieval after 8 days of stimming. 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilizer, ZERO blasts. Wasn’t given an explanation besides “they just filled out”. Will be beginning 2nd cycle soon.
How competent was Natalie Schultz at LGBTQ care?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Rodriguez )
Amazing! Nurses communicate very quickly and effectively! I had a lot of concerns and questions and sent messages through the portal and always received a phone call shortly after to get my questions throughly answered.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The clinic is great! Very organized and updated with their information and coordination. However, at the orland office there was one time where I was told I had a balance and it was for a different patient. Not on the clinic but just that one coordinator but it was a bit embarrassing to be told I had an outstanding balance that was not true. Also I was going to pay the balance has I not looked at the invoice and saw procedures that I did not have.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF.
Pre-testing, Downers grove and Orland Park offices are separate so the procedures done at downers grove I had to pay a $225 surgery fee each time (SHSG, HSG, egg retrieval, and transfer), medications.
Describe Natalie Schultz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
Haven’t gotten to a transfer but my clinic definitely has policies on eSET.
How competent was Chicago IVF at LGBTQ care?
Definitely respectful but not so sure about knowledgeable.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Chicago IVF.
Coordination between sperm bank and the clinic was phenomenal, I didn’t have to do a thing.
Orland Park

Dr. Schultz was nice and pleasant, but I only spoke to her three times. Once at my consultation, once at egg retrieval and once over the phone for a post op egg retrieval. Like I said before, I did not feel that she knew my case or was particularly invested in me. She did not know simple facts about me or my diagnosis after my egg retrieval and it did not make me feel comfortable in her ability to treat me. I felt like a number.
The monitoring appointments [at Chicago IVF] were convenient. They were first come, first served...[clinic error]My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Be your own advocate. Research the proper IVF protocols for your diagnosis and push to try those protocols. I really feel that I was over suppressed by birth control and it seems they just throw everyone on birth control to get all their patients on the same schedule. It's like an assembly line.
I felt like Dr. Shcultz did not even look at my information before or after egg retrieval. After my retrieval (in which all my follicles were gone), she came to talk with me and said "I guess you ovulated". It was very lax-a-daisy. Then she said "what was your AMH again?". What?!!! Shouldn't she know that or at least check before speaking to me?!
I did the Antagonist protocol. She never gave me a rationale for this protocol. This was my first go at IVF, so I did not know that this protocol is maybe not the best for a woman with diminished ovarian reserve. I think the birth control really over suppressed me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lydia)
My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls that I wouldn't have needed to make if she didn't make this mistake. What was particularly upsetting was that she would argue with me about the issue and insist that it was a fault of mine or WIN's instead of just helping me resolve the issue. After this, her attitude toward me was not great. I was often uncomfortable during my morning monitoring and really didn't want to go.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I can't think of any strengths of this clinic. I'm at a total loss. Their weaknesses are that they treat their patients as an assembly line, they are not well versed in diminished ovarian reserve, their financial coordinators give inaccurate information, and one of their nurses holds grudges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chicago IVF.
The monitoring appointments were convenient. They were first come, first served.
My insurance covered most.
We did not get that far.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
1. Lydia tried to cancel the "demonstration class" for IVF injections 2 hours before my appointment when I had already taken a half day at work. Then she could miraculously make my appointment, but tried to guilt trip me when I was there saying "don't mind my stomach growling, I didn't get to eat lunch". 2. At my baseline appointment she abruptly told me "oh you're cycle is going to be canceled. You have a cyst." during my ultrasound. I started crying and she said absolutely nothing to comfort me. It seemed inappropriate for her to even relay that information in that moment without the doctor reviewing it first. My cycle was not canceled 3. Her giant mess up with WIN Fertility costing me thousands of dollars and a bunch of hours on the phone that I did not have time for. 4. She lost paperwork. 5. Even after we moved on from Chicago IVF, we had problems with her. We paid $450 for my husband's infectious disease panel that she administered. We needed the results at our new clinic. She never did the Syphilis panel (which we paid out of pocket for). This means that we were allowed to go through with the whole cycle without having this test done, which, I believe, is illegal.
Munster

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Shultz made a huge mistake during my first cycle there was a polyp that was detected but not removed prior to starting stims for retrieval which converted my cycle to a freeze all and devastated me at the very last minute...I feel as though it’s all about the money with her and not the happiness nor successful outcome of treatment for the patient .
I feel they [Chicago IVF clinic] are outdated with the clinical setting as well as the surgical center in regards to equipment and overall look of the place . I also feel the weakness is communication among the staff members and the embryo lab never answers the phone...Monitoring is done 3 days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 10am..
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Shultz made a huge mistake during my first cycle there was a polyp that was detected but not removed prior to starting stims for retrieval which converted my cycle to a freeze all and devastated me at the very last minute. I’m in my second cycle currently which is a freeze all because she still has not removed the polyp at all. I feel as though it’s all about the money with her and not the happiness nor successful outcome of treatment for the patient .
Do your research and seek other options if available
I felt as though I was just in a batch of women that were being rotated in and out the door . Promises were made and never kept . So many mistakes were made during the first cycle which canceled out my initial transfer .
For my first cycle I was on follistim 100 units morning , follistim 100 units nightly, menopur 37.5 units nightly triggered with ovidrel resulted in 5 mature eggs retrieved 4 fertilized 1 embryo frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Elena Olivieri )
Elena is an awesome nurse I couldn’t have gotten a better nurse . She’s on top of things and makes sure your comfortable the entire process. Very knowledgeable and reassuring. Elena is the only reason I am still using Chicago Ivf I would of left if it wasn’t for Elena !
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I feel they are outdated with the clinical setting as well as the surgical center in regards to equipment and overall look of the place . I also feel the weakness is communication among the staff members and the embryo lab never answers the phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chicago IVF.
Monitoring is done 3 days a week Monday Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6:30 am - 10am . Those are your only options for monitoring.
$670 embryo Cryopreservation $377 Sperm Cryopreservation $2000 medications $2700 Ivf cycle cost not including above
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
They have ordered my meds but increased dosages resulting in myself not having enough medication for the entire cycle . I have also had and entire cycle canceled due to a previous nurse Natalie that did not get me on the schedule as instructed by h to e doctor which pushed me back 30 days in treatment.