Natalie Schultz

Warrenville
28375 Davis Parkway
Warrenville, IL 60555

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr. Schultz was nice and pleasant, but I only spoke to her three times. Once at my consultation, once at egg retrieval and once over the phone for a post op egg retrieval. Like I said before, I did not feel that she knew my case or was particularly invested in me. She did not know simple facts about me or my diagnosis after my egg retrieval and it did not make me feel comfortable in her ability to treat me. I felt like a number.
The monitoring appointments [at Chicago IVF] were convenient. They were first come, first served...[clinic error]My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls
How was your experience with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
Be your own advocate. Research the proper IVF protocols for your diagnosis and push to try those protocols. I really feel that I was over suppressed by birth control and it seems they just throw everyone on birth control to get all their patients on the same schedule. It's like an assembly line.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF?
I felt like Dr. Shcultz did not even look at my information before or after egg retrieval. After my retrieval (in which all my follicles were gone), she came to talk with me and said "I guess you ovulated". It was very lax-a-daisy. Then she said "what was your AMH again?". What?!!! Shouldn't she know that or at least check before speaking to me?!
Describe the protocols Natalie Schultz used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I did the Antagonist protocol. She never gave me a rationale for this protocol. This was my first go at IVF, so I did not know that this protocol is maybe not the best for a woman with diminished ovarian reserve. I think the birth control really over suppressed me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lydia)
My nurse had a huge issue with my medication and did not send it to WIN Fertility for approval, instead sending it straight to the pharmacy. By the time I realized the mistake, I needed the medication the next day and had it over nighted. This was a $4000.00 mistake. I did eventually get my money back, but it took over a month of a lot of calls that I wouldn't have needed to make if she didn't make this mistake. What was particularly upsetting was that she would argue with me about the issue and insist that it was a fault of mine or WIN's instead of just helping me resolve the issue. After this, her attitude toward me was not great. I was often uncomfortable during my morning monitoring and really didn't want to go.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I can't think of any strengths of this clinic. I'm at a total loss. Their weaknesses are that they treat their patients as an assembly line, they are not well versed in diminished ovarian reserve, their financial coordinators give inaccurate information, and one of their nurses holds grudges.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Chicago IVF.
The monitoring appointments were convenient. They were first come, first served.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Schultz at Chicago IVF.
My insurance covered most.
Describe Natalie Schultz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
We did not get that far.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Chicago IVF.
1. Lydia tried to cancel the "demonstration class" for IVF injections 2 hours before my appointment when I had already taken a half day at work. Then she could miraculously make my appointment, but tried to guilt trip me when I was there saying "don't mind my stomach growling, I didn't get to eat lunch". 2. At my baseline appointment she abruptly told me "oh you're cycle is going to be canceled. You have a cyst." during my ultrasound. I started crying and she said absolutely nothing to comfort me. It seemed inappropriate for her to even relay that information in that moment without the doctor reviewing it first. My cycle was not canceled 3. Her giant mess up with WIN Fertility costing me thousands of dollars and a bunch of hours on the phone that I did not have time for. 4. She lost paperwork. 5. Even after we moved on from Chicago IVF, we had problems with her. We paid $450 for my husband's infectious disease panel that she administered. We needed the results at our new clinic. She never did the Syphilis panel (which we paid out of pocket for). This means that we were allowed to go through with the whole cycle without having this test done, which, I believe, is illegal.
Natalie Schultz