Medical SchoolRutgers University
FellowshipCleveland Clinic
1401 N. Cedar Crest Blvd
Allentown, PA 18104
(610)820-6888
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ndeye-Aicha Gueye to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of Pennsylvania to a friend?
Dr. Gueye treated my husband and I like a human, not a number. She is constantly making eye contact with us and using our names in her sentences. She is very empathetic towards our unfortunate infertility situation. Dr. Gueye is always very optimistic but also realistic which makes me feel hopeful.... Whenever I have a question, I call her office and she either answers or whenever I leave a voicemail she gets back to me that same day. She is great to have as our reproductive endocrinology!
How was your experience with Ndeye-Aicha Gueye at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Gueye is an excellent shoulder to lean on during our infertility treatment process. From day one she has always been optimistic and empathetic towards our situation. After an ectopic pregnancy (prior to infertility treatments) my husband and I felt broken. We met Dr. Gueye a few months after that. We did three IUIs with her that all lead to negative pregnancy tests. Some people would give up on their RE but we did not lose hope with her. Our next step is IVF with Dr. Gueye and we believe in her and that this is the best decision for us. When we met with her for her to explain IVF, she explained everything thoroughly. Every question we had she had an answer. When talking to Dr. Gueye she is kind, thoughtful, and wants the best for her patients. She assured our time to have our miracle baby was coming. She is the calming voice my husband and I need during this time and I know she’s going to do everything she can to make our miracle come true!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ndeye-Aicha Gueye at RMA of Pennsylvania?
One piece of advice I would give to a prospective patient of Dr. Gueye would be don’t feel overwhelmed. I know that’s easier said than done in this situation, but Dr. Gueye will explain everything to you to your understanding. She is compassionate and not just a great RE, but a great person as well!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ndeye-Aicha Gueye at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Dr. Gueye treated my husband and I like a human, not a number. She is constantly making eye contact with us and using our names in her sentences. She is very empathetic towards our unfortunate infertility situation. Dr. Gueye is always very optimistic but also realistic which makes me feel hopeful. My husband and I feel very comfortable talking with her. Whenever I have a question, I call her office and she either answers or whenever I leave a voicemail she gets back to me that same day. She is great to have as our reproductive endocrinology!
Describe the protocols Ndeye-Aicha Gueye used in your cycles at RMA of Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
My husband and I did three IUIs. We only did three because we were both physically and mentally exhausted with the results of being negative every time. Going into the third IUI, I was forming a cyst on my left ovary. That was also a factor in not continuing to a fourth IUI. On day three I would go into the office for an ultrasound. Days five-ten I took Clomid 50g. Day twelve I went in for another ultrasound to see if my follicles were ready. That night I had to inject Ovidrel prefilled syringe exactly twelve hours before my first IUI. The morning of day thirteen and fourteen, my husband and I would go into the office for the insemination. The night of day fifteen I would start my progesterone suppositories every morning and night during my two week wait. Two weeks after the IUI, I went in for a pregnancy blood test. Unfortunately all three of the IUIs came back negative. The IUIs were our first option in our journey since we have unexplained infertility. My right fallopian tube is absent due to my ectopic pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tara Markovich)
The nurse I was assigned to, Tara, is a great communicator and is very empathetic. Whenever I have a question, she always calls me back the same day if I leave a voicemail. She is very understanding of our situation and I trust talking with her.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The unfortunate situation of infertility is devastating and stressful for everyone dealing with it. Walking into Reproductive Medicines Associates of Pennsylvania (RMAPA) at Lehigh Valley is very comforting and relaxing. This is important as a patient because you do not want to walk into a stressful environment. As soon as you walk the waiting room is decorated very nicely and has the success stories and information about infertility. They have calming music playing which is nice and relaxing while waiting to go into a room. The receptionists always have a smile on their faces and greet you when you walk in. I would recommend RMAPA to anyone dealing with infertility because of the calming environment and the staff who is very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ndeye-Aicha Gueye at RMA of Pennsylvania.
In Pennsylvania, most insurances cover the diagnosis of infertility but not the procedures of infertility. Unfortunately, mine does not cover the procedures. We had to pay out of pocket for IUI (roughly between $700-$1,600) each cycle. My husband and I are still not sure how we will be able to afford IVF. Our financial worker from RMAPA is calling me in a few days to give us the total cost of how much IVF will cost. I would think roughly around $15,000? My husband and I unfortunately may have to push off IVF even though we would want to start it right away just because we cannot afford it.
Describe Ndeye-Aicha Gueye's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Pennsylvania.
My doctor didn't get into detail talking about this with my husband and I yet.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr. Gueye spent extra time with me and my husband making sure every single question we had was answered. She let us know that some of our lifestyle choices may have led to our fertility problems but never made us feel judged. We got honestly and compassion rolled up into one package...I only met with Dr. Gueye on the first visit and once more while getting my ultrasounds during pregnancy. She was patient and kind and so excited when we succeeded. She made sure we knew that even if we didn’t see her, she was behind the scenes running the show. I never felt ignored and I always knew she was listening and had my best interests at heart.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with Ndeye-Aicha Gueye at RMA of Pennsylvania?
Don’t be afraid to be honest about your lifestyle with her.
I started with metformin for PCOS and we added coq-10 for finished ovarian reserve. I also started synthesis for a slightly elevated TSH which I have continued through my pregnancy. We were getting ready to start clomid and an IUI cycle but I fell pregnant naturally first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
Becky was available by phone whenever I needed her. I had to take progesterone at the beginning of my pregnancy and the red pill gave me a red discharge. She took multiple phone calls from me when I was worrying whether or not it was blood and never made me feel stupid for calling. She always provides tons of info and if she needed to speak to Dr. Gueye first she would call me back ASAP for an update.
Describe your experience with RMA of Pennsylvania.
The only complication I ran into was that blood work and ultrasounds had to be done between 7 and 8:30 AM. I’m lucky that I could adjust my work schedule to accommodate, but I can see how not everyone would be able to do that.
I didn’t end up doing a cycle but my blood work and ultrasounds cost me about $180 total. I was made aware of all expenses before I started anything.
It was only briefly discussed.