Medical SchoolDartmouth
FellowshipUMDNJ
89 Millburn Ave
Millburn, NJ 07041
973-761-5600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ndidiamaka Onwubalili to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diamond Institute for Infertility to a friend?
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Onwubalili] will make you laugh at times and be there for you when you cry. She is wonderful; she is also extremely knowledgeable...She listened to my cares and concerns and was always available to speak to me if needed. She was compassionate towards my fears and always was working to get me towards my goal...was there every step of the way to reassure me that I was going to get to be a mom at some point. She handed me tissues when needed and her kind words such as "it's not a race to motherhood, its getting there and everyone has their own timing." S
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
With an unexplained infertility diagnosis, I was mentally drained without any answer on how to fix myself. I felt broken, but Dr. O was there every step of the way to reassure me that I was going to get to be a mom at some point. She handed me tissues when needed and her kind words such as "it's not a race to motherhood, its getting there and everyone has their own timing." She had confidence in my results and never made me feel stupid for how I was feeling. She will make you laugh at times and be there for you when you cry. She is wonderful; she is also extremely knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Describe the protocols Ndidiamaka Onwubalili used in your cycles at Diamond Institute for Infertility and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifics, but I know the IUI's consisted of Gonal F and progesterone suppositories. They also performed back to back IUI procedures. Then when we moved on to IVF, we tried two "natural frozen transfers" that required frequent monitoring and progesterone suppositories and injections. Our last and final frozen transfer, I was on Menopur and lupron injections, estrogen pills and patches, then progesterone suppositories and injections.
The nursing staff, specifically in the O.R. were fantastic. Very attentive and professional. The nurses during regular visits were friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Strengths: decent hours, caring staff, willingly to try new methods, strong communication through their patient portal. Weaknesses: The Goshen Satellite office opens at 6:30 and many patients wait out in the car for up to an hour before hand to be the first patient. I think it would be helpful to have a sign-in sheet on the front door so the patients don't stress out on who's car was in the parking lot first etc.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The Goshen Satellite office opens at 6:30 and many patients wait out in the car for up to an hour before hand to be the first patient. I think it would be helpful to have a sign-in sheet on the front door so the patients don't stress out on who's car was in the parking lot first etc. The weekends were very long waits at the Millburn office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Our insurance covered unlimited IUI procedures with a co-pay each visit. For IVF, our insurance covered 75% of procedures with co-pays at each visit.
Describe Ndidiamaka Onwubalili's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Our first and second transfer, Dr. O recommended a single embryo transfer each time to reduce the chance of twins. Our third and final round, the team decided it would be a good idea to transfer two. Their thinking was that one can possible assist the other by I believe 5 percent.
Millburn

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. O, [Onwubalili] is very personable and inviting... Dr. O provides you the reality of fertility treatments and as a woman what your body goes through in dealing with changes to your hormones. Dr. O does not talk for the sake of talking, she provides a realistic approach to fertility treatment...Dr. O started with the basic assessments which is blood work and monitoring my menstrual cycle. Then we went on to treat my fiancee with the man doctor for urinalysis etc. My overall experience with Dr. O was top notch
Male Factor, Other
My experiences with fertility started as follows. Back in 2013 I went to a doctor in NYC and he was not personable and I left confused as to next steps. So, when I first encountered Dr. O, I was skeptical based upon my first experience. However, lets just say I was pleasantly surprised, excited and comfortable all at the same time. First the fertility clinic is about 15 to 20 minutes from my home which is great. Second, Dr. O is very personable. I explained to her what I did back in 2013 and then what I was looking to do at this time. Since as women, when you get past 35 years old, society would have you believe you are barren after that age with no other alternatives. So, I was happy to be able to explain to Dr. O that I was over 35 with no kids and that my husband has a daughter, my exes have kids but I have none of my own. So, as with most women this subject is sensitive; not to mention pressure from my mother being an only child. Therefore, Dr. O made it very easy for me to talk to her about my life experiences and my desire to have kids. I also explained to Dr. O that I was born premature and that I was not quite sure if that would affect my ability to produce a child. Dr. O started with the basic assessments which is blood work and monitoring my menstrual cycle. Then we went on to treat my fiancee with the man doctor for urinalysis etc. My overall experience with Dr. O was top notch. I just cannot move forward until I have monies to start the treatments. Dr. O is waiting on us to provide her status as to payments for the treatments and then we can take it from there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Be as honest as possible as to your situation coming in for your consultation. Dr. O is a straight up individual, but with compassion so she will tell you like it is and provide you the best alternatives in the nicest way possible, so just be honest
Dr. O, which is what I affectionate call her, which should also give you some indication as to my feeling as a human not a person. Dr. O is very personable and inviting. I was somewhat nervous meeting with her the first time and she put myself and all my fears in place so that I was willing to make the best decisions possible. Dr. O provides you the reality of fertility treatments and as a woman what your body goes through in dealing with changes to your hormones. Dr. O does not talk for the sake of talking, she provides a realistic approach to fertility treatment
My main treatment with Dr. O at that time was to monitor my prolactin levels. When I took my bloodwork, my prolactin levels were high so Dr. O prescribes for me to go take an MRI to make sure that they messages in my brain which produce the milk are working properly. The MRI came out positive. The next step was to start treatments but I am waiting on assistance since my insurance does not cover IVF treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Ella Roychowdhury)
Nursing staff is wonderful and Ella specifically has the best personality and we are very personable with one another.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The clinics strengths are locations, front desk receptionists and education of the nurses . The staff is very friendly and is willing to assist with any questions or concerns. The clinics weakness is the drawing of blood process. Since there are many nurses and nurse practioners, I think it would be in the clinics best interest to assign two (2) nurses to each patient then if you are only getting blood work drawn you can then see only one of the nurses that is assigned to you instead of seeing a new individual and then you may have to explain to them status of your file and why you are there.
Approx $3,000.00 thus far between the MRI test for prolactin levels, the Mulitvitamin costs, the prolactin medications, medications for my fiancee. I have yet to start treatments yet waiting on grant or additional funds to pay for treatments
Dr. O believes that single embryo is healthier than multiple. My comment is I would go with the doctor's recommendation. Most women facing this issue I would think would want multiples but since Dr. O states that this is not a healthy approach then I would defer to her expertise.
Millburn

Dr. O [Onwubalili] is amazing she actually cares and makes sure that all of my questions and concern are addressed. She is always positive and up beat but realistic with me about my struggle...Dr. O is compassionate and knowledgeable, she makes it easy to understand the circumstances and your possible options. She is always there willing to answer any questions I may have and doesn't make me feel like its a waste of time to have the conversation. I feel like she wants me to have a baby as much as I do. Its nice to feel supported by your doctor especially when there are complications or unexpected difficulties that arise.
Definitely pick Dr. O.
Dr. O is amazing she actually cares and makes sure that all of my questions and concern are addressed. She is always positive and up beat but realistic with me about my struggle. The staff is friendly and and knows me. The nurses are always happy to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Cecile)
The nursing staff always got back to me quickly with any questions I had and I always had plenty.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Diamond is a full service facility. I had to have a polyp removed and they were easily able to do it for me in their surgical suite. I've never had surgery of any kind before and I would say that the procedure was seamless in my opinion. Because they have the ability to do everything on site they are super convenient. The time available for monitoring during your cycle work well with a standard work schedule, they are available super early in the morning. The only issue is that it is hard to get consultation appointments that don't interfere with the work day.
My insurance covered my IUI cycles we may have paid $300 out of pocket between 3 cycles, surgery and diagnostics test.

2011 - 2012
She [Dr. Onwubalili] was very caring and I never felt like she didn't care about my situation.... She is very warmed hearted and cares for all her patients. I always felt very welcomed by her. She explained each procedure and the risks associated with them. She always gave her most professional opinion.... Like any clinic, it gets very crowded. You can make appointments but also there were walk-in hours where you would just sign your name on the sign in sheet. There is plenty of staff to accommodate your needs.
2011 - 2012
That she is a doctor that you can trust.
She was very caring and I never felt like she didn't care about my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The nurses were always there for you day and night if a problem occurred.