Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolOhio State
ResidencyDuke
FellowshipOhio State
6396 Thornberry Ct.
Mason, OH 45040-7815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NeeOo Chin to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Dr Chin always had time and did not rush though my appointments. He patiently answered all my questions and he genuinely cared for me.... Dr Chin is kind, patient and compassionate. He explained all the procedures in details and always had time to answer my questions. I knew I was in good hands every time I had a visit with him. In addition to regular fertility treatments Dr Chin recommended acupuncture and he was the one performing it. He is absolutely amazing human being.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
How was your experience with NeeOo Chin at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of NeeOo Chin at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio?
Try acupuncture with Dr Chin.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with NeeOo Chin at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio?
Describe the protocols NeeOo Chin used in your cycles at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio and their degree of success.
I deal with PCOS and very low AMH level. I don't remember all the medicines I took, but on my IVF cycle my body produced 5 follicles, 2 were matured eggs, 1 embryo survived and was transferred. Unfortunately my pregnancy test was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio. (Assigned nurse: Elyssa)
Dr Chin's staff is supportive and kind. i dealt a lot with Elyssa and she was always available to answer my questions by phone, email or text message. She was amazing and I'm glad that she was my coordinator.
Describe your experience with Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
Strengths: They are open early in the morning Easy to schedule appointment with Somebody from the staff is available to talk over the phone during business hours Evening hours available for acupuncture as well as Saturdays Nurses are nice and optimistic and always cheering you on Weaknesses: There is no support group for woman struggling with infertility or for woman whose cycles failed and ended up with negative pregnancy tests. It took their billing department a long time to figure out what my insurance will cover.
Describe the costs associated with your care under NeeOo Chin at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
about $16000 with meds
Describe NeeOo Chin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
I did not have to deal with this.
Mason
I knew going into the IUI process that I had Tubal Blockage in my right tube. I chose to try IUI before IVF due to the cost. Unfortunately the outcome resulted in a tubal pregnancy in both my right & left tube. The way Dr. Chin treated me during and after my surgery was beyond what I could have asked for. He provided me with the facts but also was caring and took my feeling into account. I didn't feel like a random person when I came into his office.
At my primary OB doctor I always felt like a 1st time patient when I came in, even after 10+ years being with them. I don't expect them to remember everything about me but at least read my chart. With Dr. Chin it was never like that. He always knew what was going on. He is down to earth, open and up front ever step of the way. He would explain thing and sometime re-explain in some cases when needed.
Expect blunt, honest answers. He doesn't sugar coat it and I LOVE that about him.
During my clomid cycle & the shots I took, he made it clear to make sure I took the medication at the same time. He explain what the outcomes could be, what to expect from the medication. He is always himself but also connects with the way you are for example, made jokes to my husband about what to expect with the medication as well, to keep the situation lite; which is exactly how we are. It's a very serious situation but I also need the humor to relax and he did exactly that.
The nurses were very knowledgeable, very easy to talk to and called back in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
Love the early apt times - was able to go in before work. I had surgery to remove the tubal pregnancy on a Thursday only to find out the following Wednesday I also had one in the other side. I went to the ER because of severe pain, Dr. Chin's office was closed but my husband left a message. He called back very quickly and even spoke with the doctors in the ER to find out what was going on. A CT Scan, X-Ray, blood work & a urine sample were all done at the hospital and they were going to send me home saying they couldn't find any thing wrong with me. It was Dr. Chin who asked if they took a pregnancy test, which was NO he insisted they do one and that was how we found out of the 2nd tubal. Dr. Chin was in the middle of putting a new bed together for his child but left to come do an emergency surgery on me. The hospital was close but they had someone waiting at the door for me and the team ready to go when I got there. After the surgery he came in and spoke to my family and the following day he personally called to check on me.
My insurance does not cover anything regarding infertility I went through one round of clomid and IUI once.The cost was a couple thousand between medication, ultrasounds & procedures. Only downfall was payment was required at time of service, not billed to you.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
We have been under the care of Dr. Chin for 2 ½ years. From day one, he felt like someone we could put all of our trust in and hasn’t disappointed. Dr. Chin really takes the time to listen to your concerns and uses his knowledge to diagnose what the issues really are. He tries his best to achieve a successful pregnancy. It is almost unheard of to be completely under the care of only one doctor during this infertility journey. Dr. Chin does it all. He did all my surgeries, IUI & IVF weekly/daily monitoring, IUI & IVF procedures and acupuncture. Although we have not gotten our miracle yet, we have gotten better and better results with each cycle. Dr. Chin watched closely and adjusted my meds based on how my body was responding to them. Through this challenging process, Dr. Chin has felt like not only a doctor but a friend. He made a personal call after my surgery at 10pm to check up on me. After our last IVF which ended in a chemical pregnancy, you could see how disappointed Dr. Chin was that this didn’t stick and showed much compassion for our feelings. Can’t say enough good things about him.
Do your research and ask lots of questions. Dr. Chin will answer every single one of them.
The staff knew me by name right away. So friendly! Dr. Chin has very nice bedside manner. He acts like a friend who just gets you and a doctor at the same time.
We started the infertility process by meeting with Dr. Chin to go over our history (to date male factor - low motility and mobility) and talk about the various approaches we could follow to try to become pregnant. He recommended my husband go on a regimen of vitamins (C, B Complex, CO-Q10, Folic Acid, and men's daily) which dramatically increased his sperm quality over time. He also recommended and we completed and HSG dye test to see if there is any concerns of blockage in the Fallopian tubes. This allowed us to understand before going into any treatment potential cause of our issues. After a successful test, we moved forward with three rounds of IUI. Each time Dr. Chin adjusted medicine to aspire for a different outcome and also make me react more favorably, which I did. He then recommended that I receive a laparoscopy to allow us to better understand if there was anything the dye test did not find that was inhibiting our success. We found out I have endometriosis and also had a few cysts that had to be removed. I am thankful he helped us find out that could be part of the problem. After the surgery we did two more rounds of IUI, one of which was a double IUI. Unfortunately we did not get pregnant. After that, Dr. Chin talk to us through the next steps if we wanted to pursue IVF. We felt confident knowing the process and moved forward. In the first round of IVF, we had a good outcome of eggs retrieved, however, the fertilization was not great despite using ICSI. We did not get pregnant after a day three transfer of two eggs. We met with Dr. Chin to review the outcome, and chose to move forward following a slightly different path (tweaks to medication) as we tried to have a successful pregnancy in the second round of IVF. We had better egg quality the second time, were able to freeze one, and completed a day five transfer of two embryos. Unfortunately we did not get pregnant. We met with Dr. Chin and talk through the frozen embryo transfer process and moved forward with our last round of IVF to date. The third round went much better than the first two and we ended with a chemical pregnancy. Although we were disappointed with the outcome, when we met with Dr. Chin to review the results he was extremely disappointed, compassionate, and helped us to understand our potential options going forward which could include donor egg or sperm. Although we have not made a decision to do another round of IVF, we are completely confident with Dr. chin and will return to him if we choose to move forward in that direction. Medications used for IUI: Clomid, Letrozole (not at same time - different rounds) Medications used for IVF: Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Ovidel, Progesterone in Oil, Progesterone Suppositorys
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
The staff is very friendly, supportive, and encouraging. We worked closely with Grace through the IVF process. She really made us feel like a member of the family. She took calls/texts anytime of the day when we have questions/concerns about meds. She even sent supportive texts on procedure days. The staff truly cares and made us feel at ease every time we walked in the door.
Describe your experience with Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
The clinic is extremely professional. The admin staff is friendly, compassionate, and takes time to get to know you by name. The faculty is very clean, comfortable, and welcoming.
Acupuncture was $150 the first time and a $100 thereafter. Cost for treatment, IUIs, and IVFs depended on our personal eligibility for insurance (plan changed positively during this time period).
Dr. Chin was very deliberate about talking us through our options for embryo transfer. He did not push us to do one versus the other, but we chose to transfer two at a time. He explained to us that he rarely transfers three, but we never had that option personally.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Not only dose he [Dr. Chin] provide fertility treatment but he also does the Accupuncture and would take time to ensure the whole boy was in good health. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor...Dr. Chin really cares about what he is doing. He is compassionate and genuinely engaged in you and your treatment. Every visit all my questions were answered and time was always taken by Dr. Chin to know how we were doing outside of fertility as well...! I loved the Dr. Chin did not use trigger shots for ovulation and went strictly by ultrasound to determine when I would naturally ovulate. Less meds to me the better!
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Chin really cares about what he is doing. He is compassionate and genuinely engaged in you and your treatment. Every visit all my questions were answered and time was always taken by Dr. Chin to know how we were doing outside of fertility as well. Not only dose he provide fertility treatment but he also does the Accupuncture and would take time to ensure the whole boy was in good health. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor.
Be patient
Dr. Chin and his staff always took time to answer any questions and expressed real concentrate for us and how we were doing
I switched to Dr. Chin after a not so positive experience with another RE. I felt something was being missed and was being pushed into IVF. After 1 meeting with Dr. Chin I felt so much better and a couple months later had laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, which turned out to be stage 2. We then did 1 cycle of IUI with letrozole which needed in chemical pregnancy. This was hopeful for me though because we had 5 IUIs before with no luck. We tried clomid for second IUI with Dr. Chin but I did not have as many follicles that round and had a negative pregnancy test. The third round we returned to letrozole with IUI and had a positive pregnancy test in January 2017! I loved the Dr. Chin did not use trigger shots for ovulation and went strictly by ultrasound to determine when I would naturally ovulate. Less meds to me the better!
All of Dr. Chin's staff were always easy to talk with, available to answer questions and genuinely invested in our progress!
Describe your experience with Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
All of staff are inviting, available and always willing to answer questions. The setting is very comfortable. The staff quickly learn who you are and remember everyone your arrive.
Not applicable
2012 - 2016
He [Dr. Chin] was always sensitive to the emotions of fertility challenges, and he was reassuring without being unrealistic...helpful, knowledgeable, approaches fertility holistically but also realistically, and has a great, sensitive demeanor. I felt listened to and respected. I came in when I was already 40, I think, the first time, and was using donor sperm, and then I came back in a few years later with a partner who was contributing his sperm. We tried a few different things, and unfortunately nothing worked. We did not go to IVF but this was a personal decision that didn't really involve Dr. Chin.
2012 - 2016
Dr. Chin is helpful, knowledgeable, approaches fertility holistically but also realistically, and has a great, sensitive demeanor. I felt listened to and respected. I came in when I was already 40, I think, the first time, and was using donor sperm, and then I came back in a few years later with a partner who was contributing his sperm. We tried a few different things, and unfortunately nothing worked. We did not go to IVF but this was a personal decision that didn't really involve Dr. Chin.
I would just tell them to go and explore all of the options, and I would tell them that Dr. Chin will respect their wishes and be sensitive to their issues.
Dr. Chin is great. He was always sensitive to the emotions of fertility challenges, and he was reassuring without being unrealistic.
I think the first time I went to Dr. Chin we tried Clomid, and I didn't like it very much. I had some sleeplessness and depression on it, so we tried something else (can't remember the name). The second time I went back to Dr. Chin after a few years had passed, he had stopped using Clomid or similar drugs because they weren't having the desired positive effect. So we just used ultrasounds to determine the timing and IUI.
Describe your experience with Fertility Wellness Institute of Ohio.
They have a beautiful facility and helpful, sensitive staff. I don't know of any weaknesses; it's a great clinic. I found that they were able to work pretty easily with my work schedule, and the nurses always seemed to understand the emotions that accompany fertility problems. I would certainly recommend this clinic.
I don't remember, but much of it was covered.
We did not discuss that.