Medical SchoolOhio U.
FellowshipCase Western
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nichole Barker to a friend?

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
She [Dr. Nichole Barker] was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.... Once your protocol is determined you will not be able to speak to her or change it for 3 cycles. The initial visit is very brief so have your questions written down and take notes.
Their [SRM- Tacoma] hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")... Everyone referred to my care coordinator as a nurse but she is not. She was very disorganized, lacked compassion and understanding, and at times was rude. I saw a different nurse each time and they were fine, just straight to the point and quick.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was really kind and to the point but her staff were not as friendly and at times were difficult to work with. They acted as gatekeepers and I was not given an opportunity to talk to Dr. Barker once treatment started, even to adjust my protocol.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Letrozole 5mg CD3-7, Ovidrel approximately 24 hours prior to IUI, give or take some (ranged 21-30 hours). Unexplained infertility, no reason given for this protocol. Resulted in 1-4 follicles each cycle and no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Their hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
$750 for each IUI with sperm wash. $300 for 30-minute consultation with Dr. Barker. Drugs through 3rd party pharmacy.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Barker] was always there every step of the way...She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member...They [nurses] were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always available if I needed to talk to her or had any questions. During our consultation she was very up front, made my husband and I feel comfortable even when talking about certain things. She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
Go in there with all the questions you want to ask. She will answer all truthfully and she will take as much time with you as needed!
She was always there every step of the way. If she wasn’t available, the nurse always was. All my questions were answered and you could tell they really cared about you and your needs.
I would take clomid in cycle days 3-7, I would start opk’s. On cycle day 10, every month I would schedule a cycle day 12 ultrasound to see how my follicles were looking. If on the 12th cycle day follicles and lining looked good I would trigger that night and scehedule an iui 24-48 hrs later. Most of the time I had about 2 follicles ranging from 18mm-23mm. Day of iui, my husband would go in and give his sample, hour and a half later they would perform the iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
They were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member.
$650 for each iui, $26 for clomid each month, and $55 for ovidrel shot each month. Hsg cost me about $230 since my insurance covered most of that. My insurance did cover each ultra sound.

2014 - 2019
Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she [Dr. Nichole Barker] was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy...We feel our doctor did a good job of explaining her reasoning for only transferring single embryos in the past. Our current cycle is the first time we have transferred more than one at a time and there wer specifically different circumstances to support that decision.
She [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate...Be prepared to see many different faces throughout your treatment. Everyone is great but it can be a little unsettling to have so many different people administering your care. Just know that they all do a really good job of communicating with each other...We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
2014 - 2019
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker has been through IVF herself and was candid in sharing her experience with us which was amazing. She is down to earth, incredibly warm and caring. She is easy to like and comes across as very genuine. I would and have recommended her to several of my friends and family. I truly cannot day enough nice things about her and the care we have received from her. Hands down the best medical professional I have ever experienced.
Don’t be afraid to ask her anything! She truly gets it and will give you a straight, honest answer with no judgement.
From our first meeting with Dr. Barker, I never felt rushed or like I didn’t have her full attention. At our first meeting she had clearly reviewed our questionnaire and had notes and made us feel like she was truly engaged in helping us to achieve a family. We took two years away from the process and upon meeting with her agin to re-establish care, we were greeted with a hug and were made to feel as if we had just met a week ago. She was up to speed on all of our past treatment as if no time had lapsed.
We had unexplained fertility so our treatment was pretty standard and didn’t change much. Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy. When we came back to try to expand our family we continued through a frozen cycle and two additional egg retrievals. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and one other in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. No changes were made in any of those cycles. The miscarriage was after our 3rd egg retrieval and fresh transfer and decided to take a break. We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie)
She is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have insurance that was pretty good. Medication was our largest expense and was roughly 4500$ per IVF cycle.
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2015 - 2019
Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Barker wasn’t present at every small visit (ie ultrasound or blood draw) but she was always available if I ever needed her. She was always reviewing my chart and making adjustments as she saw necessary...always asked or gave me options regarding which strategy we would go with. She knew that I really wanted to avoid multiples and we weren’t as much in a ‘hurry’ like we were when trying to get pregnant with the first baby. She also knew that because our insurance had changed since the last treatment a couple years prior, we didn’t have as much coverage so we were ok with going a little less aggressive/ slower.
[The staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] very relatable, empathetic and definitely work to build those personal relationships with patients. I have absolutely nothing negative to say...Lexie, my nurse care coordinator wasn’t located in the office. I thought this was weird at first since I’ve still never met her in person, but after having her throughout my first treatment and this one, she’s the best. All communication is done via email or phone but you still really develop that relationship as if you’ve met. My nurse that did most of my ultrasounds Was Ruby Booras. She was just as amazing. She was always so nice and personable and we also developed a great relationship. There was another nurse Whitney that would do my ultrasounds when I couldn’t get in with Ruby and she wasn’t as personable in my opinion. Still nice enough, but didn’t have the similar demeanor as Ruby or Dr Barker.
2015 - 2019
European, Other
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker wasn’t present at every small visit (ie ultrasound or blood draw) but she was always available if I ever needed her. She was always reviewing my chart and making adjustments as she saw necessary. If I could have her as my OB throughout my pregnancy I would 100% choose her and her staff. They’re very relatable, empathetic and definitely work to build those personal relationships with patients. I have absolutely nothing negative to say.
Dr Barker was always warm, caring and knowledgeable. Her and her nurse Ruby always treated me so extremely well during my many appointments with them.
Dr. Barker always asked or gave me options regarding which strategy we would go with. She knew that I really wanted to avoid multiples and we weren’t as much in a ‘hurry’ like we were when trying to get pregnant with the first baby. She also knew that because our insurance had changed since the last treatment a couple years prior, we didn’t have as much coverage so we were ok with going a little less aggressive/ slower.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is extremely clean. The waiting room is small and can get a little cozy on a busy day, which can definitely be uncomfortable when you’re waiting with other emotional women and men. Other than that, the front desk staff seemed to change frequently but were always nice enough. Wait times weren’t often too long and if you did have to wait a bit, they were apologetic.
Everything was submitted to insurance and we were responsible for the balance.
2017 - 2019
We did a HSG [with Dr. Nichole Barker] to make sure my tubes weren’t blocked and then we did a round of Clomid with an HCG injection and a timed intercourse which resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2 more rounds of Clomid without any US or injection and no pregnancy... is exceptional and made me and my spouse feel comfortable and knowledgeable about our fertility issues and answered every concern and or questions we had and still have in our journey. She has compassion for her patient’s and makes them feel like they aren’t alone in this isolating process.
The location [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is a little hard to get to but not terrible. The atmosphere is very calming, stress free and inviting and the staff are very sincere in their work. We have always had a great experience. A new patient might want to know that most of the procedures take place in clinic and it’s very comfortable and clean...Anna is a fantastic nurse who has shown me such compassion and empathy with my fertility struggles and miscarriages. She always responds to my emails very quickly and kindly and if she doesn’t know the answer she is honest and always gets back to me with some kind of solution. She is a keeper!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is a compassionate and personal provider who is extremely knowledgeable in her field and it shows during patient interactions. I feel like she has been very caring, informative and supportive during my infertility journey.
I would inform them that they would be in the care of a to the point and very wonderful provider.
This provider is exceptional and made me and my spouse feel comfortable and knowledgeable about our fertility issues and answered every concern and or questions we had and still have in our journey. She has compassion for her patient’s and makes them feel like they aren’t alone in this isolating process.
We did a HSG to make sure my tubes weren’t blocked and then we did a round of Clomid with an HCG injection and a timed intercourse which resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2 more rounds of Clomid without any US or injection and no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The location is a little hard to get to but not terrible. The atmosphere is very calming, stress free and inviting and the staff are very sincere in their work. We have always had a great experience. A new patient might want to know that most of the procedures take place in clinic and it’s very comfortable and clean.
Over $1000
I like her approach to a single embryo transfer as it might have better outcome for a successful pregnancy!
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Nichole Barker is a] Great listener...Very personable, explains things well. I felt we discussed my history and came up with a game plan for me. Instead of being told what to do next. She has never made me feel rushed during appointments and always made sure all my questions were answered before leaving...I have done two IUI. The first I only used oral medication Letrozole . The second I did I did oral medication Letrozole and one injection (trigger) Having a hard time predicting my ovulation due to endometriosis I am getting set to do another IUI at the end of this month (April 2019). I am taking oral meds Letrozole and this time I am doing 4 FSH injections with a trigger shot before the IUI. If this IUI fails we will be doing IVF
Between the consultation the Ultrasound, medication and iUI it will be close to $1000 [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Which is reasonable and they offer payment plans...From the moment I stepped into the clinic I felt that everyone there was extremely helpful and kind and made sure that myself and my husband understood the information that was being given... When my nurse was out I reached out and another nurse took care of my questions and concerns and I didn’t feel blown off that my nurse was out.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is great. Very personable, explains things well. I felt we discussed my history and came up with a game plan for me. Instead of being told what to do next. She has never made me feel rushed during appointments and always made sure all my questions were answered before leaving.
She’s great. Great listener
Everyone I come into contact with at SRM has been extremely helpful kind during my care there. When my nurse was out I reached out and another nurse took care of my questions and concerns and I didn’t feel blown off that my nurse was out.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are great! Very kind, personable and very flexible in getting you in for an appointment. I love the patient portal and being able to communicate with my care team about anything that may come up
Some of my treatment was covered by insurance. However this last IUI is all out of pocket. Between the consultation the Ultrasound, medication and iUI it will be close to $1000. Which is reasonable and they offer payment plans
I just read her rationale on the SRM Facebook page this morning and it was very informative

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. ... I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. ... We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route.
Very warm setting [SRM], friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby. ... My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. She always reached out to us after any loss personally and even now she has reached out with our little victory !
Nothing, other than you have chose the right provider for your care.
Dr. Barker is always so caring. We always appreciated her time and how she handled our situation.
I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. I took letrozole, metformin and ovidrel with timed intercourse. I was able to get pregnant with this treatment...but had miscarriages. We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route. This was important to us. IVF is not covered by my insurance and $25000 is quite a bit of money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza )
I love Anna! She always responded so quickly! She is so encouraging and kind. She would also reach out just to check on us. I live that she would include my husband too. This type of treatment can feel like it's all on you but Anna remembered that my husband and I are a team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very warm setting, friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby.
My insurance didnt cover much. I mostly paid for my injections monthly and my follicle ultrasounds.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Barker] was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF ...She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations....Very thoroughly described my options... I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
[Seattle Repro Med] Very warm and approachable. All speak to patients like friends. Remember patients by name. Thank them for their time. Explain insurance and cost well. Great at communication and apologized many times for running late due to traffic when it was out of their control. Beautiful clinic. Felt right at home...[RN's] All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very thorough. Explained all of my options, causes and treatment processes, as well as risks. Always treated like a human and a friend, not a number. She went over my HSG tests thoroughly and explained every picture and diagram, as well as what it should look like and the possibility of why I have blocked tubes. She was in depth about what could go wrong and how long the process would be if I chose surgery. She was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF even though she knows it may be my only option if my tubes cannot be unblocked. She reassured me that the doctor who may be performing my surgery is exceptionally good at what he does and would choose him in a heartbeat to do her own. A very warm and thorough doctor. Extremely compassionate and relatable.
She is amazing. You will feel like you are in the company of a close friend. She answers every question or concern you may have and never rushes you. She is excellent!
She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations. Not pushy at all. Very thoroughly described my options.
We performed an HSG which determined that I have bilateral tubes blockage. All of my hormone levels had come back normal, including prolactin. I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend. I came in on a day where the traffic was terrible and everyone was running behind. They communicated well and even gave me a Starbucks gift card because I had to wait a little longer due to traffic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Insurance covered my first visit with a copay as well as diagnostic procedures. IVF and any other treatment is not covered. The cost for IVF is roughly 15000 dollars with and additional 2 to 5 thousand for prescriptions
+ Read more- Read less

I have had a great experience working with Seattle Reproductive Medicine (Tacoma Office). From the moment you walk in the door everyone is welcoming, caring, and discrete. I feel that they try very hard to keep your privacy and make you feel welcomed and taken care of...She [nures] was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!...Dr. Barker made me feel extremely comfortable and informed as soon as I met with her! I felt like she really cared about my health, my wishes, and my goals. She made me have hope for the first time in a long time!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is warm and caring the moment you meet her. I was very nervous and discouraged before our first appointment with her, and I left that first appointment with a new excitement and hope for starting more fertility treatments! Dr. Barker is very knowledgeable and I felt that she really listened and cared about our unique situation and wanted to work with us to make a plan that made us all comfortable. After first IUI with her I got pregnant and it later ended in a miscarriage. She was very compassionate, caring, and extended a personal message to me saying she was sorry for our loss. I trust her and the plan she has made for us in the future and I am hopeful that I will be able to have a healthy baby under her care. I would highly recommend Dr. Barker to anyone I know struggling with fertility related issues.
I would tell a prospective patient to feel comfortable asking lots of questions and discussing all of your ideas and fears. In the past I had felt dumb asking my fertility doctors so many questions, but Dr. Barker answered every question my husband and I had in full detail. She never made us feel dumb for our uninformed questions. I would also tell a prospective patient to not loose hope and to trust the process. I really believe and trust Dr. Barkers treatment plan!
I had worked with a different fertility doctor for over a year and did 7 IUI's with no success. When we first met with Dr. Barker I explained my frustration of the past and she quickly looked over my chart and we planned to try two more IUI's with more aggressive treatment. So far with Dr. Barker we have done two IUI cycles with clomid and gonal -F I got pregnant after my first IUI, but I had a miscarriage at about 7.5 weeks and my second IUI was not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Shannon)
She was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Meeting with Dr. Barker -$175 a visit Ultrasounds-$175 each IUI-$500 Medications for IUI- $160 ish a month
As we talk about doing IVF as my next course of treatment for my specific situation (I have Factor IV) She explained that she would feel most comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer to keep me safe. I agree with her!

PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Nichole Barker] always looked out for me and my individual treatment. When I would ask to move to a stronger treatment she would talk to me about it and do what I asked...I thought she was wonderful she was always positive. My first IUI was kind of traumatic because the nurse my cervix was being difficult Dr. Barker came in and made me feel better and get the procedure done. For our next one they made sure I saw my dr. And I was much more relaxed because of it.
Billing is a weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing...Rachel was my first nurse and she had no compassion and poor communication skills. I told her I wanted (1) valium for a procedure and she made me feel like I was being a baby about it. I asked for a new nurse. Heidi was my new nurse and she was wonderful!! She made me feel heard and cared for. Even 7 months pregnant she checked in on me to see how the baby and i were doing.
European, Latino
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be 100% open and give as much detail as you can because that helps her care for you.
She always looked out for me and my individual treatment. When I would ask to move to a stronger treatment she would talk to me about it and do what I asked.
Oct - consultation Nov - hysteroscopy surgery to remove uterine Septum Dec - recover and office hysteroscopy to check uterus Jan- letrozol with timed intercourse Feb- letrozol with timed intercourse March - letrozol with timed intercourse April -letrozol with IUI #1 May - break June - letrozol and gonal f with IUI #2 resulting in pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel then Heidi)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing.
After insurance I estimate we spend under 5k for treatment
Endometriosis, Unexplained
While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility.... I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
My nurse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
None

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
The strengths [of SRM-Tacoma] were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.
+ Read more- Read less

From the beginning, she [Dr. Nichole Barker] was intent on learning about me and my husband, and how she could help us get to our ultimate goal of a family. Her empathy was true, and I have no doubt that she has my and my husband's best interests at heart through this entire process...I will be beginning a regimen of clomid, injections, and IUI, starting this week. We will attempt this for 2-3 cycles, and then revisit out plan...was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic. Doctor Nps
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to...[Nurses were] Thoughtful, patient, and never rushed me through any information. They always made me feel like I was their most important patient...I will be beginning a regimen of clomid, injections, and IUI, starting this week. We will attempt this for 2-3 cycles, and then revisit out plan.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was referred to me by my brother and sister-in-law. From the beginning, she was intent on learning about me and my husband, and how she could help us get to our ultimate goal of a family. Her empathy was true, and I have no doubt that she has my and my husband's best interests at heart through this entire process.
Dr. Barker can be trusted, so let her take on some of that pressure you've been putting on yourself.
Dr. Baker was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to.
Still pending
We have only briefly touched on this subject. If the current plan doesn't work, we will discuss this further and in more detail.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Barker communicates very well. She is also very detailed in her explanations as to what is happening at the time. My experience as a patient with her is just phenomenal! I absolutely adore her. She is quick to get back to you with any questions you may have... diagnosed me with pcos...so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole...I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]...I have no weaknesses to tell. The whole clinic is just awesome and compassionate! I feel amazing after each visit. They are so quick to answer questions and to make sure everything is going great! I would totally recommend this clinic over and over again!...The whole team is just amazing and makes me feel welcomed on each visit. I couldn’t ask for a better team.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell them just to relax and that they are in amazing hands with Dr. Barker.
Dr. Barker is just simply AMAZING. She has answered every question in detail to where I can understand what is going on. I’ve recommended her to all of my friends who are having fertility issues. Dr. Barker shows compassion and is just awesome! I lost my twins at 7 weeks and she had personally called me to check up on me after my D&C. I couldn’t ask for a better Fertility Specialist. Dr. Barker is number one in my book.
Dr. Barker diagnosed me with pcos in 2018, so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole to help me ovulate. I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya Care Coordinater )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are very affordable!
We have not gotten to the point of embryo transfers. We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Barker was extremely empathetic when I did not become pregnant after my first doctor. Her comfort was much appreciated as well as her clinical opinion that I’d become pregnant at some point. I did!...is kind, knowledgeable, and practical. She gave us very good advice and allowed my husband and I to decide how aggressive we were with treatments. She also allowed us room to take breaks from treatment when it became emotionally exhausting.
Much communication [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] occurs through a nurse via a web portal...I never got to meet my nurse in person but did build a good rapport with her electronically...With the attain program, we spent approximately 30,000 for IVF but that included up to three retrievals (I only needed one) and unlimited transfers until the first pregnancy...The clinic is always improving its client support and communication which is much appreciated. It nice to have a large team of practitioners to draw from so there is never a problem with timing or getting in for a particular appointment.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is kind, knowledgeable, and practical. She gave us very good advice and allowed my husband and I to decide how aggressive we were with treatments. She also allowed us room to take breaks from treatment when it became emotionally exhausting.
You don’t get to see her at every appointment. Much communication occurs through a nurse via a web portal.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she [Dr. Barker] cares about doing the best she can for her patients. ... listened to requests but stayed professional ... Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening. ...
They [SRM] are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes. ... collectively around $750 per [IUI] cycle and we did 3. ... Some [nurses] were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she cares about doing the best she can for her patients.
Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening.
listened to requests but stayed professional
We were to watch the cycle and take our perspective medications until time for the ultrasound. Once determined that it was time for the procedure she would have my spouse take the shot and go in for the IUI, most of the time the following day.
Some were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes.
collectively around $750 per cycle and we did 3.
Seattle
+ Read more- Read less

I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Very quick to get in as a new patient [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment...She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate...I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.
+ Read more- Read less

I was never able to call and speak to her [Dr. Barker]. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF...She was very brief - in and out. When I raised concerns she continued to tell me I needed to follow the standard protocol for pcos. The care was not individualized. Her bedside manner is, however, pretty good.
Generally they [nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so...I had no issues with the reception staff or operations. The reception staff is friendly and efficient. The office was clean and is run efficiently. The wait room was comfortable. The location was easy to access and conveniently located.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't cave to pressure. Advocate for yourself.
I was never able to call and speak to her. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF.
Several timed intercourse cycles, then IUI, then IVF (which we did not pursue).
Generally they were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so.
Seattle
+ Read more- Read less

We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us. Sometimes I wish that she was more involved in the work up appointments for IUI’s such as the ultrasounds. Not just available for consults when things don’t end up working out. Other than that she is wonderful... She was as very understanding and seemed to honestly feel bad that none of our IUI’s were successful. She didn’t treat us like we were a number at all
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit....Approximately $400 per IUI. $200 for sperm collection and prep and $200 for IUI....We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
To not give your hopes up. While she does everything to help you it doesn’t always work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Friendly, knowledgeable. No specific weaknesses
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit.
We have not prceeded with IVF yet but she did tell me that she doesn’t transfer more than 2 or maybe it was 3 embryos at a time.
+ Read more- Read less
Nichole [Barker] is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nichole is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
Ask every question you have, she is open and honest and really cares that you are informed.
Nichole really listened to me and gave me all the information I asked for every time I asked. She really cared. She has been through infertility struggles herself and really understood what I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Lexie was fantastic!
2017 - 2019
Nichole [Dr. Barker] made us feel very comfortable from the first meeting. Most of all she was encouraging and gave us hope. She answered all our questions and more. Having done treatment herself I felt like she knew more what we were going through...The first 3 rounds we did with clomid and trigger. I had good results and didnt have any side effects. Unfortunately none of the took. We decided to up our game before trying IVF. We have done 2 additional rounds with injections, trigger and prometrium. I again had good results but no pregnancy. I ended up getting cysts so we had to take a break but will try the protocol one more time before moving on to IVF.
I feel like a human because everyone is always friendly and willing to take their time with you [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. I never felt rushed...I have no complaints [about the nurses]. Everyone is truly wonderful...They are quick on their feet and ready for whatever comes up. They are understanding and want what is best for everyone.They seem to care about their patients...We did 5 rounds of IUI. The first 3 rounds we did with clomid and trigger. I had good results and didnt have any side effects. Unfortunately none of the took. We decided to up our game before trying IVF. We have done 2 additional rounds with injections, trigger and prometrium. I again had good results but no pregnancy. I ended up getting cysts so we had to take a break but will try the protocol one more time before moving on to IVF.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nichole made us feel very comfortable from the first meeting. Most of all she was encouraging and gave us hope. She answered all our questions and more. Having done treatment herself I felt like she knew more what we were going through.
Be honest about all your fears and history.
I feel like a human because everyone is always friendly and willing to take their time with you. I never felt rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have no complaints. Everyone is truly wonderful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Again everyone is very personable and really wonderful to work with. They are quick on their feet and ready for whatever comes up. They are understanding and want what is best for everyone.They seem to care about their patients.
My doctor only does eSET which I partly understand but feel more would be better odds.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I think [Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs...She [Dr. Nichole Barker] is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for...She was always present in the conversation, listening to our concerns and responding with a thoughtful answer. She never made assumptions. I never felt rushed in my meetings with her. She always followed up with me on how I was feeling and being sure she had answered all questions. Very personable and genuine.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for.
Be open minded to multiple options and stay strong in your want to become parents.
Understanding and patient. Very pleasant team to work with.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think this is a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs.
Most of the costs were covered by my insurance. If I were to continue with further care I would need quite a bit of cash that we currently don’t have.