Nurse available by email
FellowshipCase Western
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nichole Barker to a friend?
7.1

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Endometriosis, Unexplained
While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility.... I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
None
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she [Dr. Barker] cares about doing the best she can for her patients. ... listened to requests but stayed professional ... Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening. ...
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she cares about doing the best she can for her patients.
Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening.
listened to requests but stayed professional
We were to watch the cycle and take our perspective medications until time for the ultrasound. Once determined that it was time for the procedure she would have my spouse take the shot and go in for the IUI, most of the time the following day.
Some were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes.
collectively around $750 per cycle and we did 3.
Seattle

I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Tacoma

I was never able to call and speak to her [Dr. Barker]. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF...She was very brief - in and out. When I raised concerns she continued to tell me I needed to follow the standard protocol for pcos. The care was not individualized. Her bedside manner is, however, pretty good.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't cave to pressure. Advocate for yourself.
I was never able to call and speak to her. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF.
Several timed intercourse cycles, then IUI, then IVF (which we did not pursue).
Generally they were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had no issues with the reception staff or operations. The reception staff is friendly and efficient. The office was clean and is run efficiently. The wait room was comfortable. The location was easy to access and conveniently located.
Seattle

We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us. Sometimes I wish that she was more involved in the work up appointments for IUI’s such as the ultrasounds. Not just available for consults when things don’t end up working out. Other than that she is wonderful... She was as very understanding and seemed to honestly feel bad that none of our IUI’s were successful. She didn’t treat us like we were a number at all
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
To not give your hopes up. While she does everything to help you it doesn’t always work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Friendly, knowledgeable. No specific weaknesses
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit.
Approximately $400 per IUI. $200 for sperm collection and prep and $200 for IUI.
We have not prceeded with IVF yet but she did tell me that she doesn’t transfer more than 2 or maybe it was 3 embryos at a time.
Tacoma

Nichole [Barker] is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nichole is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
Ask every question you have, she is open and honest and really cares that you are informed.
Nichole really listened to me and gave me all the information I asked for every time I asked. She really cared. She has been through infertility struggles herself and really understood what I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Lexie was fantastic!