Available by cell phone
FellowshipCase Western
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nichole Barker to a friend?

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
She [Dr. Nichole Barker] was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.... Once your protocol is determined you will not be able to speak to her or change it for 3 cycles. The initial visit is very brief so have your questions written down and take notes.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was compassionate and listened to me but was overly confident in the success of the treatment and gave me false hope. She did not test me for anything prior to treatment and I later found out my thyroid was low, but when asked about it she advised me to see another doctor about it. Not whole person care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was really kind and to the point but her staff were not as friendly and at times were difficult to work with. They acted as gatekeepers and I was not given an opportunity to talk to Dr. Barker once treatment started, even to adjust my protocol.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Letrozole 5mg CD3-7, Ovidrel approximately 24 hours prior to IUI, give or take some (ranged 21-30 hours). Unexplained infertility, no reason given for this protocol. Resulted in 1-4 follicles each cycle and no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya)
Everyone referred to my care coordinator as a nurse but she is not. She was very disorganized, lacked compassion and understanding, and at times was rude. I saw a different nurse each time and they were fine, just straight to the point and quick.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Their hours are very limited, close at 4pm M-F and closed on weekends. Slow to respond via phone or email. If your IUI lands on the weekend you have to go to the Seattle clinic and all IUI's are scheduled in early morning with no regard to your cycle (because "they want to enjoy the weekend too")
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
$750 for each IUI with sperm wash. $300 for 30-minute consultation with Dr. Barker. Drugs through 3rd party pharmacy.
Tacoma

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
She [Dr. Barker] was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF ...She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations....Very thoroughly described my options... I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very thorough. Explained all of my options, causes and treatment processes, as well as risks. Always treated like a human and a friend, not a number. She went over my HSG tests thoroughly and explained every picture and diagram, as well as what it should look like and the possibility of why I have blocked tubes. She was in depth about what could go wrong and how long the process would be if I chose surgery. She was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF even though she knows it may be my only option if my tubes cannot be unblocked. She reassured me that the doctor who may be performing my surgery is exceptionally good at what he does and would choose him in a heartbeat to do her own. A very warm and thorough doctor. Extremely compassionate and relatable.
She is amazing. You will feel like you are in the company of a close friend. She answers every question or concern you may have and never rushes you. She is excellent!
She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations. Not pushy at all. Very thoroughly described my options.
We performed an HSG which determined that I have bilateral tubes blockage. All of my hormone levels had come back normal, including prolactin. I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend. I came in on a day where the traffic was terrible and everyone was running behind. They communicated well and even gave me a Starbucks gift card because I had to wait a little longer due to traffic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very warm and approachable. All speak to patients like friends. Remember patients by name. Thank them for their time. Explain insurance and cost well. Great at communication and apologized many times for running late due to traffic when it was out of their control. Beautiful clinic. Felt right at home.
Insurance covered my first visit with a copay as well as diagnostic procedures. IVF and any other treatment is not covered. The cost for IVF is roughly 15000 dollars with and additional 2 to 5 thousand for prescriptions

How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is warm and caring the moment you meet her. I was very nervous and discouraged before our first appointment with her, and I left that first appointment with a new excitement and hope for starting more fertility treatments! Dr. Barker is very knowledgeable and I felt that she really listened and cared about our unique situation and wanted to work with us to make a plan that made us all comfortable. After first IUI with her I got pregnant and it later ended in a miscarriage. She was very compassionate, caring, and extended a personal message to me saying she was sorry for our loss. I trust her and the plan she has made for us in the future and I am hopeful that I will be able to have a healthy baby under her care. I would highly recommend Dr. Barker to anyone I know struggling with fertility related issues.
I would tell a prospective patient to feel comfortable asking lots of questions and discussing all of your ideas and fears. In the past I had felt dumb asking my fertility doctors so many questions, but Dr. Barker answered every question my husband and I had in full detail. She never made us feel dumb for our uninformed questions. I would also tell a prospective patient to not loose hope and to trust the process. I really believe and trust Dr. Barkers treatment plan!
Dr. Barker made me feel extremely comfortable and informed as soon as I met with her! I felt like she really cared about my health, my wishes, and my goals. She made me have hope for the first time in a long time!
I had worked with a different fertility doctor for over a year and did 7 IUI's with no success. When we first met with Dr. Barker I explained my frustration of the past and she quickly looked over my chart and we planned to try two more IUI's with more aggressive treatment. So far with Dr. Barker we have done two IUI cycles with clomid and gonal -F I got pregnant after my first IUI, but I had a miscarriage at about 7.5 weeks and my second IUI was not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Shannon)
She was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have had a great experience working with Seattle Reproductive Medicine (Tacoma Office). From the moment you walk in the door everyone is welcoming, caring, and discrete. I feel that they try very hard to keep your privacy and make you feel welcomed and taken care of.
Meeting with Dr. Barker -$175 a visit Ultrasounds-$175 each IUI-$500 Medications for IUI- $160 ish a month
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
As we talk about doing IVF as my next course of treatment for my specific situation (I have Factor IV) She explained that she would feel most comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer to keep me safe. I agree with her!

Endometriosis, Unexplained
While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility.... I have autoimmune diseases and a complicated history of Lyme's disease. My doctor was given an extensive and comprehensive medical history. I asked multiple times to take these things into consideration and to give me personalized treatment based on this information. This was never done.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Both my partner and myself felt like cattle, being run through the clinic with no individualized attention and part of a cog in a wheel for the clinic to make money. While Dr. Barker met with us upon our intial meeting, I never saw her after that. And while did respond to one of my emails that I sent to my nurse, she never individualized my treatment, like I requested. She also never explained to me how my immune issues might effect my fertility. I researched this on my own and since have gotten a second option from a doctor who has explained this to me and is in the process of putting me on a treatment program that is specific to my medical issues.
Advocate for yourself. Do your own research and insist on individual treatment protocol.
I did 3 rounds of IUI with Dr. Barker. The first round was using letrozole with Ovidreal injection. The next two times, using estrogen injections, Ovidreal trigger injection with 200 mg of progesterone vaginally daily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Blackorby)
My nurse was responsive to my phone calls and emails in a prompt manner. However, many of the questions I asked, she did not have an answer. She would consult with the doctor for an answer, but usually the answer from the doctor was to continue standard protocol that is used on all patients. Nothing was individualized.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic needs flexible hours to accommodate those clients that work.
In total, our out of pocket costs were approx $2,500
None

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
European, Black or African-American
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
[Dr. Nichole Barker] is so caring. She takes time to comfort you and explain everything. She truly gives my husband and I hope...She is reasonable, honest...I wasnt ovulating, so Dr. Barker prescribed a medication to get that going. Along with an injection to help push the follicle along. After miscarriages, she added progesterone as a preventative measure. She had also recommended genetic testing, which had given me peace of mind...
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Again, she is so compassionate in a time where I didnt think any words could give my husband and I comfort, yet she found a way. She is reasonable, honest and so caring. I wouldnt want anyone else to see to my care.
The only advice I can give is to stick with Dr. Barker. She has a plan for you. You can get angry, sad or resentful but she is going to help you through it
Dr. Barker is so caring. She takes time to comfort you and explain everything. She truly gives my husband and I hope.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna )
Anna is as equally compassionate as Dr. Barker. I know I can reach out to her and get a very personalized response. She checks in on me, she addresses my husband, and she always knows the right thing to say!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The front desk team is very friendly and helpful. My only dislike is being asked to pay when I walk up to the counter. I understand if I have a balance, it needs to be paid. I'd prefer an email or call from the billing team. The treatments become expensive and this aspect creates stress for me.
I cant remember the exact amounts but for sure several thousand.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she [Dr. Barker] cares about doing the best she can for her patients. ... listened to requests but stayed professional ... Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening. ...
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Stayed neutral when needed and was empathetic at times it called for it. Took the time to spell out the steps and expressed hopes of success but was also prepared to adjust as need to optimize it. You can tell the she cares about doing the best she can for her patients.
Ask a lot of questions to make sure you are fully aware of what is happening.
listened to requests but stayed professional
We were to watch the cycle and take our perspective medications until time for the ultrasound. Once determined that it was time for the procedure she would have my spouse take the shot and go in for the IUI, most of the time the following day.
Some were very neutral and professional yet still human about it. Others were very sterile and uncaring about how my spouse felt doing the procedure.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are friendly and professional. That being said... there will always be one or two that are not. Most of this will work with you to make things as human/comfortable as possible while others may try to streamline delicate processes.
collectively around $750 per cycle and we did 3.
Seattle

I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
From the first time I met her she [Dr. Barker] was compassionate and very thorough with everything. She took her time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable with our decisions. Whenever we see her we feel like she cares and wants to help us...We did 3 rounds of iui with clomid and trigger. All 3 ended with a negative pregnancy test. The 4th round of iui we did 250 mg of ovidril for 8 days with trigger. It also ended with a negative. We are about to start our 5th with the same protocol.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
From the first time I met her she was compassionate and very thorough with everything. She took her time to make sure we understood everything and were comfortable with our decisions. Whenever we see her we feel like she cares and wants to help us.
To take notes. So much is covered it is difficult to remember it all.
I felt like a human because everyone was very kind and caring. Someone was always available to answer my questions.
They are always fast to respond to emails and calls. They always seem caring.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Everything in the clinic is great except the lady in finance. She is very rude, in personal, and acts like she just wants to get you out of her office as fast as possible. You ask her a question and she acts like you ruined her day by inconveniencing her. We left her office with more questions than answers. We went back again and the same thing. Luckily everyone else is awesome or we would go elsewhere.
Everything was covered by insurance.
Tacoma

I was never able to call and speak to her [Dr. Barker]. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF...She was very brief - in and out. When I raised concerns she continued to tell me I needed to follow the standard protocol for pcos. The care was not individualized. Her bedside manner is, however, pretty good.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't cave to pressure. Advocate for yourself.
I was never able to call and speak to her. I could not even call and talk directly to a nurse. Despite the medications causing severe side effects I was told to "push through". After only 2 IUIs I was told I should consider IVF.
Several timed intercourse cycles, then IUI, then IVF (which we did not pursue).
Generally they were easy to work with, but their system is really frustrating. My "assigned" nurse changed every month or so.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had no issues with the reception staff or operations. The reception staff is friendly and efficient. The office was clean and is run efficiently. The wait room was comfortable. The location was easy to access and conveniently located.
Seattle

We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us. Sometimes I wish that she was more involved in the work up appointments for IUI’s such as the ultrasounds. Not just available for consults when things don’t end up working out. Other than that she is wonderful... She was as very understanding and seemed to honestly feel bad that none of our IUI’s were successful. She didn’t treat us like we were a number at all
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
To not give your hopes up. While she does everything to help you it doesn’t always work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Friendly, knowledgeable. No specific weaknesses
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit.
Approximately $400 per IUI. $200 for sperm collection and prep and $200 for IUI.
We have not prceeded with IVF yet but she did tell me that she doesn’t transfer more than 2 or maybe it was 3 embryos at a time.
Tacoma
Nichole [Barker] is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Nichole is incredibly caring and understanding and really listens to all your concerns and questions. She was dedicated to getting my treatment set up in a way that was totally customized to me and answered every question I had. She has been through her own infertility struggles and really understands what you are going through. I can't recommend her enough!
Ask every question you have, she is open and honest and really cares that you are informed.
Nichole really listened to me and gave me all the information I asked for every time I asked. She really cared. She has been through infertility struggles herself and really understood what I was going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Lexie was fantastic!