4.2

3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000

2020 - 2021, Successful
She [Dr. Barker] was very organized, covered a lot, provided her professional input to help us make the right decision and was just an exceptional all-around doctor...The only downside of her practice is I did not see her but that one time, and it was virtual. I wish she was the one to perform the egg retrieval surgery and my FET. However, I grew to form a good relationship with her nurse because I relied on her a lot for answers to my questions, so I appreciated having the same nurse I could rely on throughout my entire IVF journey...
All the nurses [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I communicated with were great...answered my messages quickly and provided me with the information I needed...The clinic is convenient. I like that there is a Tacoma location because Seattle is too far. However, I wish everything was handled in Tacoma. My egg retrieval surgery and FET were done in Seattle. I understand the clinic in Tacoma doesn't have the ability to perform surgeries, but maybe that is something they can consider in the future because it would be more convenient for patients and allow their specialist to be the one to perform such procedures...
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
From my first visit, I knew she was the doctor for me because she took the concerns I had seriously. I had 3 back to back IUIs that failed and my previous doctor just expected me to continue doing more IUIs until one became successful. I wanted to be examined to figure out why they weren't working when my first IUI worked perfectly. Dr. Barker addressed the problem head on. She also said she doesn't continue something that isn't working, so instead of another IUI, she wanted to figure out what the issue was and look into other options. It felt so nice to be acknowledged and for my concerns to be heard and handled. The next time I met with her was to go over my egg retrieval results and come up with a transfer plan. She was very organized, covered a lot, provided her professional input to help us make the right decision and was just an exceptional all-around doctor. It helps she's done IVF herself to birth her children, so her understanding and compassion and overall knowledge and expertise provide that much support.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her. Not only is she the professional but she's gone through IVF and fertility treatments herself, so she not only understands the clinical and healthcare side but also the personal side and everything that is involved regarding infertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
The appointment I had with her after my egg retrieval was great. She took her time, was patient, encouraged me to take notes, and very informative. While I know she sees patients with similar cases, it was obvious she handled my appointment on a case-by-case basis, meaning she focused on me and my personal needs, history, case rather than compare myself to other patients or just use a standard protocol on me to make her job easier. I felt like my time with her was very personalized. The only downside of her practice is I did not see her but that one time, and it was virtual. I wish she was the one to perform the egg retrieval surgery and my FET. However, I grew to form a good relationship with her nurse because I relied on her a lot for answers to my questions, so I appreciated having the same nurse I could rely on throughout my entire IVF journey.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My protocol started with a couple rounds of birth control before beginning the stim meds. I used gonal-f and menopur to start, then cetrotide and lupron to follow. I was on stim meds for 10 days before the egg retrieval. The doctor retrieved 22 eggs, 9 were mature and 5 were fertilized. I waited 5 days for the blastocyst report in which 4 embryos survived the 5 days post surgery. We chose the genetic testing, so my embryos were frozen until the transfer. Genetic results were amazing. 2 boys and 2 girls and all were graded high. One of the girls was graded the highest of the high, so we chose her for the FET. She is now almost 5 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alexa Skinner)
All the nurses I communicated with were great. When Alexa wasn't in, I dealt with Courtney usually. She was wonderful! She had so much compassion and care...making sure my questions were answered. Alexa was always my go-to, though. She always answered my messages quickly and provided me with the information I needed. She was a great person to rely on, including for support. I wish I had the opportunity to meet her in person. It was also nice to hear from her after my daughter was born. They reach out several weeks after the birth of a baby to check up, which is nice.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is convenient. I like that there is a Tacoma location because Seattle is too far. However, I wish everything was handled in Tacoma. My egg retrieval surgery and FET were done in Seattle. I understand the clinic in Tacoma doesn't have the ability to perform surgeries, but maybe that is something they can consider in the future because it would be more convenient for patients and allow their specialist to be the one to perform such procedures. I wish Dr. Barker was my doctor for everything. I didn't get to know her because I really only saw her a couple times. I would have preferred she was my only doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had to take out a $25,000 loan and then paid several hundred dollars out of pocket for medications that weren't covered by the loan.
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I did ask about that during my virtual visit to discuss my FET plan. She said she prefers a single approach because 1) my history of multiple miscarriages and 2) the complications that could occur. She was concerned about one fetus not surviving, which would obviously cause a lot of trauma. She pointed out why couples want a multiple embryo transfer (kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing), but after hearing her input there was no second guessing. Again, I trusted her input.
Tacoma

The receptionists at the Tacoma clinic we're always friendly and remembered your face after one time. There was never a wait time, I was always seen immediately once I checked it. My appointments always lasted 20 minutes or less as expected...I sent so many questions to her [assigned nurse] through the message portal and she answered them with kindness and efficiency
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was direct with my questions in a manner that also showed compassion. When I took Clomid for my second IUI, she was blunt in telling me my body did not take well to it. In that same conversation, she gave me options for my next steps if the IUI didn't take, this made me feel better having a plan of action if we got negative IUI results. She always asked me if I had questions or concerns and never made me feel dumb for asking questions. I felt 100% comfortable asking her things that dealt with our sex life. My egg retrieval happened to be with a different doctor, which I was totally ok with. Dr. Barker messaged me shortly after letting me know that she heard my procedure went well and that she was thinking of us. Most of our meetings were done virtually because of covid, and when I finally got to meet her in person, she remembered details about my husband and also noticed that I had cut my hair. I know that seems minuscule, but it showed me that I wasn't just a number. I felt like she was truly rooting for me the whole time, because she cared about me as a human being.
Be open and honest, ask all the questions you need to. There are no dumb questions or concerns with Dr. barker.
Dr. Barker showed empathy, both for the negative and positive emotions. She was serious, friendly, and laughed at all appropriate times.
Dr. Barker gave us a few options since my female reproductive organs looked good, and my husband's sperm motility/mobility was on the lower end but not terrible. She told us we could continue to try naturally (my husband was on TRT and was taking HCG to get his sperm count back and it seemed his sperm was gradually getting better). Or she gave us the option of trying IUI for a couple cycles since it was the least expensive and least intrusive. Then she gave us the option of IVF if we wanted to be agressive and have a baby now. We decided to go with two IUI cycles, using Clomid. The first time, Clomid gave me two large follicles, however my husband's sperm count was low because we had sex the day before. That was bad on our part. The first IUI was unsuccessful, when we had the second IUI the Clomid didn't work and I only had one large follicle. My husband's sperm count looked really good and however. Unfortunately that IUI didn't work either. We met again with Dr Barker and we all decided that IVF was the next step. They put me on birth control pills to suppress my ovaries. It took about 3 weeks for my ovaries to suppress. Then I took injections for 10 days before I was able to trigger with an HCG shot. On the 12th day I had my egg retrieval. They pulled out seven eggs, and all were mature and all fertilized. On the day of my 5-day embryo transfer, only one started to hatch so they picked that one embryo to transfer. they went with one egg because I was under 35 and all my reproductive organs look good. Five of my other embryos began to hatch the next day, so they froze those. 8 days later I went in for blood work and my HCG levels were high showing that I was pregnant. I went in again for blood work three days later and my HCG levels increased showing a viable pregnancy. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, the heartbeat was on the lower end so they asked to see me again. I had my last ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days with Dr Barker and the heartbeat looked good. I no longer need SRM, and my next prenatal appointment will be with my regular OBGYN.
Alexa was amazing!!! I communicated with her the most. I sent so many questions to her through the message portal and she answered them with kindness and efficiency. If Alexa wasn't available, someone from the nursing staff responded immediately.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered infertility treatments. My hormone injections were not covered and those cost about $3500. The anesthesia was also not covered for my egg retrieval and that was $400.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Barker] was always there every step of the way...She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member...They [nurses] were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always available if I needed to talk to her or had any questions. During our consultation she was very up front, made my husband and I feel comfortable even when talking about certain things. She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
Go in there with all the questions you want to ask. She will answer all truthfully and she will take as much time with you as needed!
She was always there every step of the way. If she wasn’t available, the nurse always was. All my questions were answered and you could tell they really cared about you and your needs.
I would take clomid in cycle days 3-7, I would start opk’s. On cycle day 10, every month I would schedule a cycle day 12 ultrasound to see how my follicles were looking. If on the 12th cycle day follicles and lining looked good I would trigger that night and scehedule an iui 24-48 hrs later. Most of the time I had about 2 follicles ranging from 18mm-23mm. Day of iui, my husband would go in and give his sample, hour and a half later they would perform the iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
They were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member.
$650 for each iui, $26 for clomid each month, and $55 for ovidrel shot each month. Hsg cost me about $230 since my insurance covered most of that. My insurance did cover each ultra sound.
Tacoma

We have discussed IVF [with Dr. Nichole Barker]. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon...was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to...[Nurses are] Thoughtful, patient, and never rushed me through any information. They always made me feel like I was their most important patient...We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was referred to me by my brother and sister-in-law. From the beginning, she was intent on learning about me and my husband, and how she could help us get to our ultimate goal of a family. Her empathy was true, and I have no doubt that she has my and my husband's best interests at heart through this entire process.
Dr. Barker can be trusted, so let her take on some of that pressure you've been putting on yourself.
Dr. Baker was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
Initial - I will be beginning a regimen of clomid, injections, and IUI, starting this week. We will attempt this for 2-3 cycles, and then revisit out plan. 6 months in - Now we are at Clomid, Gonal F injections, trigger injection, IUI, and Progesterone. We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to.
Roughly $1000/month for all medications and procedures.
We have only briefly touched on this subject. If the current plan doesn't work, we will discuss this further and in more detail.
2017 - 2019, Successful
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. ... I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. ... We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route.
Very warm setting [SRM], friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby. ... My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. She always reached out to us after any loss personally and even now she has reached out with our little victory !
Nothing, other than you have chose the right provider for your care.
Dr. Barker is always so caring. We always appreciated her time and how she handled our situation.
I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. I took letrozole, metformin and ovidrel with timed intercourse. I was able to get pregnant with this treatment...but had miscarriages. We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route. This was important to us. IVF is not covered by my insurance and $25000 is quite a bit of money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza )
I love Anna! She always responded so quickly! She is so encouraging and kind. She would also reach out just to check on us. I live that she would include my husband too. This type of treatment can feel like it's all on you but Anna remembered that my husband and I are a team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very warm setting, friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby.
My insurance didnt cover much. I mostly paid for my injections monthly and my follicle ultrasounds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna. Also, once I 'graduated' and needed my charts sent to my OB, my release of information from was lost, almost delaying my OB appointment.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Barker never made us feel like we were just another number at the clinic. She answered any and all questions and presented what she felt was the best option for us...Although we didn't have too many interactions with Dr. Barker, she was wonderful when we did. My husband and I felt very comfortable with her. All appointments were on time and everything was explained in detail and in a way that we understood the terminology. We felt she was compassionate and truly cared about helping to try to make our dream of having children come true...For our situation, Dr. Barker did not recommend transferring more than one embryo. And once we had success with our daughter, we went through pretty much the same exact protocol again and were successful (currently early on in pregnancy). Clinic Description
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!...We worked with LaTanya [nurse] the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Come in with a list of questions you have. A lot of information is covered, but it's really good to do your research and ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya is amazing!)
We worked with LaTanya the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!
If insurance covers infertility, that will greatly reduce out of pocket costs. BUT, be aware that most insurance does not cover the cost of the medication associated. We were fortunate that insurance covered the treatment, but we still had probably at least $5,000 out of pocket for medication (we did 2 IVF cycles and 2 frozen embryo transfers).
Tacoma

She [Dr. Barker] was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF ...She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations....Very thoroughly described my options... I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
[Seattle Repro Med] Very warm and approachable. All speak to patients like friends. Remember patients by name. Thank them for their time. Explain insurance and cost well. Great at communication and apologized many times for running late due to traffic when it was out of their control. Beautiful clinic. Felt right at home...[RN's] All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Very thorough. Explained all of my options, causes and treatment processes, as well as risks. Always treated like a human and a friend, not a number. She went over my HSG tests thoroughly and explained every picture and diagram, as well as what it should look like and the possibility of why I have blocked tubes. She was in depth about what could go wrong and how long the process would be if I chose surgery. She was not pushy and left the choice completely up to me, and was not pushy about IVF even though she knows it may be my only option if my tubes cannot be unblocked. She reassured me that the doctor who may be performing my surgery is exceptionally good at what he does and would choose him in a heartbeat to do her own. A very warm and thorough doctor. Extremely compassionate and relatable.
She is amazing. You will feel like you are in the company of a close friend. She answers every question or concern you may have and never rushes you. She is excellent!
She was extremely warm. Excellent bedside manner. Treated me like a close friend was. Extremely sympathetic and understanding of my situation and expectations. Not pushy at all. Very thoroughly described my options.
We performed an HSG which determined that I have bilateral tubes blockage. All of my hormone levels had come back normal, including prolactin. I had been diagnosed with unexplained infertility prior, but the HSG test proved otherwise. She then referred me to a surgeon to undergo my laperascopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
All very warm. Treated as if I were a friend. I came in on a day where the traffic was terrible and everyone was running behind. They communicated well and even gave me a Starbucks gift card because I had to wait a little longer due to traffic.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Insurance covered my first visit with a copay as well as diagnostic procedures. IVF and any other treatment is not covered. The cost for IVF is roughly 15000 dollars with and additional 2 to 5 thousand for prescriptions
Tacoma

I have had a great experience working with Seattle Reproductive Medicine (Tacoma Office). From the moment you walk in the door everyone is welcoming, caring, and discrete. I feel that they try very hard to keep your privacy and make you feel welcomed and taken care of...She [nures] was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!...Dr. Barker made me feel extremely comfortable and informed as soon as I met with her! I felt like she really cared about my health, my wishes, and my goals. She made me have hope for the first time in a long time!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is warm and caring the moment you meet her. I was very nervous and discouraged before our first appointment with her, and I left that first appointment with a new excitement and hope for starting more fertility treatments! Dr. Barker is very knowledgeable and I felt that she really listened and cared about our unique situation and wanted to work with us to make a plan that made us all comfortable. After first IUI with her I got pregnant and it later ended in a miscarriage. She was very compassionate, caring, and extended a personal message to me saying she was sorry for our loss. I trust her and the plan she has made for us in the future and I am hopeful that I will be able to have a healthy baby under her care. I would highly recommend Dr. Barker to anyone I know struggling with fertility related issues.
I would tell a prospective patient to feel comfortable asking lots of questions and discussing all of your ideas and fears. In the past I had felt dumb asking my fertility doctors so many questions, but Dr. Barker answered every question my husband and I had in full detail. She never made us feel dumb for our uninformed questions. I would also tell a prospective patient to not loose hope and to trust the process. I really believe and trust Dr. Barkers treatment plan!
I had worked with a different fertility doctor for over a year and did 7 IUI's with no success. When we first met with Dr. Barker I explained my frustration of the past and she quickly looked over my chart and we planned to try two more IUI's with more aggressive treatment. So far with Dr. Barker we have done two IUI cycles with clomid and gonal -F I got pregnant after my first IUI, but I had a miscarriage at about 7.5 weeks and my second IUI was not successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Shannon)
She was very kind, informative, and always available to answer any questions I may have along the way!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Meeting with Dr. Barker -$175 a visit Ultrasounds-$175 each IUI-$500 Medications for IUI- $160 ish a month
As we talk about doing IVF as my next course of treatment for my specific situation (I have Factor IV) She explained that she would feel most comfortable with doing a single embryo transfer to keep me safe. I agree with her!
Tacoma
She [Dr. Nichole Barker] always looked out for me and my individual treatment. When I would ask to move to a stronger treatment she would talk to me about it and do what I asked...I thought she was wonderful she was always positive. My first IUI was kind of traumatic because the nurse my cervix was being difficult Dr. Barker came in and made me feel better and get the procedure done. For our next one they made sure I saw my dr. And I was much more relaxed because of it.
Billing is a weakness [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing...Rachel was my first nurse and she had no compassion and poor communication skills. I told her I wanted (1) valium for a procedure and she made me feel like I was being a baby about it. I asked for a new nurse. Heidi was my new nurse and she was wonderful!! She made me feel heard and cared for. Even 7 months pregnant she checked in on me to see how the baby and i were doing.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be 100% open and give as much detail as you can because that helps her care for you.
She always looked out for me and my individual treatment. When I would ask to move to a stronger treatment she would talk to me about it and do what I asked.
Oct - consultation Nov - hysteroscopy surgery to remove uterine Septum Dec - recover and office hysteroscopy to check uterus Jan- letrozol with timed intercourse Feb- letrozol with timed intercourse March - letrozol with timed intercourse April -letrozol with IUI #1 May - break June - letrozol and gonal f with IUI #2 resulting in pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Rachel then Heidi)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness. I was constantly asking about billing and when I'd see it and if you have a surgery they're surgery department billing is separate from the office billing but when I asked the financial advisor she told me it was a mistake and not to pay it. Ended up working it all out but it was all confusing.
After insurance I estimate we spend under 5k for treatment
Tacoma

I felt very empowered as a patient like a partner in my care plan. Dr Barker was passionate about what she does and thoroughly explained each step of the process from start to finish. Very warm and welcoming demeanor. She wanted to ensure we received the best change at a positive result so she did very through testing to try to get a root cause of our not having a sustained pregnancy.
The strengths [of SRM-Tacoma] were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is very caring and passionate about her work and patients. She is extremely through in her explanation and available to talk things through if further explanation is needed. I ended up having some bleeding a few days after my initial ultrasound after our successful transfer and she had me come in to have a ultrasound to see if there was a cause for the bleeding which there was a SCH. She helped reassure and put my mind at ease will also being realistic.
Be fully open with her about your expectations and hope for your fertility journey.
We did some blood tests to rule out any blood based factors, sperm analysis, scans of my insides to check for fibroids or anything else that may be contributing to my loss and difficulty becoming pregnant. HSG and saline sonogram as well which is where we discovered I had a polyp/ fibroid where they would implant the embryo so our plan of attack was surgical removal and push my IVF cycle back a month. Ended up being the best course of approach for us as that coupled with acupuncture, abdominal massage and the lupron protocol resulted in a successful sustained pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff, and care coordinator were very welcoming and caring. They were available to answer questions and provide support through the process. They made you feel like family.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths were having a whole patient approach and treating you like an individual and not a number. Negative/ Positive thing was most visits before really being welcomed the receptionist was blurting out a balance was due which didnt feel good upon being the first thing you hear about. Maybe sending a reminder in email form if any monies are due with amount prior to the visit so the patient is prepared and not overwhelmed with a waiting room full of people overhearing balances owed and or checking payments made when logging on in the morning to not ask for monies due that were paid prior to coming in. I get finances being in order is important but also dont want that to be my welcomed in message.
I want to say it was roughly $12,000 for our IVF cycle however insurance covered about 90% of it.
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
All visits with Dr. Barker were done via zoom. Appts were easy to get and she took time to go over details and allow opportunity for questions. We went over pros and cons and all possibilities outcomes...We started off all natural then added medication to help future treatments. Increased dosage, added medication and changed medication when each cycle failed.
Strengths [of SRM] - very organized, easy to reach, comfortable, and I felt very cared for Weakness- sometimes I didn't know certain things or plans without asking first. Billing was interesting. I wish it was online, because sometimes I never got physical bill. I found out the balance when showing up for appt...I saw many clinic nurses and all were very compassionate and easy to work with
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I did not meed Dr. Barker in person. All visits with Dr. Barker were done via zoom. Appts were easy to get and she took time to go over details and allow opportunity for questions. We went over pros and cons and all possibilities outcomes.
You should be prepared to ask questions. She will do her best to give you an idea of treatments and possible outcomes. But, every person is different and she may not cover things that people often don't think about.
Dr. Barker and her team listed and cared about the issues and treatment. They were easy to reach and communicate with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexi)
My main nurse Lexi was great at responding to messages and providing details. I saw many clinic nurses and all were very compassionate and easy to work with
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- very organized, easy to reach, comfortable, and I felt very cared for Weakness- sometimes I didn't know certain things or plans without asking first. Billing was interesting. I wish it was online, because sometimes I never got physical bill. I found out the balance when showing up for appt
I had multiple tests and 5IUI treatment. I believe it is close to $5000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I requested a form be filled out and sent to order sperm for IUI. They initiated filled it out with a different patient's info. Same name, different person. It was corrected immediately.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Barker] is very sweet, patient, understanding and takes time to listen to the needs and wants of the patients and finds treatment that best fits their needs...she listened to all my requests and gave feedback on treatment...I asked for the ReceptivaDx test and she agreed with the ERA test and gave me great treatment options prior to my FET which let to a successful outcome
Strength [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very knowledgeable on treatments. Good listening and understanding and patient. Clinic’s staff are very sweet and friendly. The MAs at the Tacoma clinic are the best and very sweet, they engage with you during every blood draw and make you feel at home and are funny...Very sweet, quick response on portal and very informative
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very sweet, patient, understanding and takes time to listen to the needs and wants of the patients and finds treatment that best fits their needs. She helped me successfully have a twin pregnancy and currently 10 weeks. I asked for the ReceptivaDx test and she agreed with the ERA test and gave me great treatment options prior to my FET which let to a successful outcome. She is fantastic !
Make sure you do all necessary tests to get answers prior to transferring your embryos and PGS, ReceptivaDx, ERA, AMH, thyroid, immune etc
I felt like she treated me like a human than a number because she took her time with me and was very sweet and detailed about everything and she listened to all my requests and gave feedback on treatment. She didn’t rush me like my previous clinic I’ve attended did.
Did a FET with both vaginal progesterone and PIO, estrogen, lovenox, steroids, antibiotics, baby aspirin and PGS tested embryos. Also did the ReceptivaDx which came back positive so treated 2 months of Letrozole 5mg & 1 month of Lupron prior to FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
Very sweet, quick response on portal and very informative
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strength is very knowledgeable on treatments. Good listening and understanding and patient. Clinic’s staff are very sweet and friendly. The MAs at the Tacoma clinic are the best and very sweet, they engage with you during every blood draw and make you feel at home and are funny.
My insurance covered TRIWEST praise God!
Tacoma

Dr. Barker warmly gave us the facts in a way we could understand them. She was open with her own infertility struggles and feelings in her journey...open to helping us in any treatment we wanted to pursue...When our sperm collection for our first IUI had very low counts, she offered for us to move forward with the procedure and she would take care of the cost
The clinic [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, professional and kind. It did not feel like a normal doctors office. The billing department was very helpful and organized...Ruby and the rest of our nursing staff were positive, compassionate and understanding. They gave us the information we needed and were able to answer the questions that we had
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was very informative and open to helping us in any treatment we wanted to pursue. She made herself available for questions or concerns. When our sperm collection for our first IUI had very low counts, she offered for us to move forward with the procedure and she would take care of the cost. We were overwhelmed by her generosity and greatly appreciated her knowledge that we were paying for these procedures out of pocket.
Be open with your thoughts and feelings, as Dr. Barker likely knows how you feel; going through her own infertility journey.
Dr. Barker left it open for us to decide what treatment we wanted to pursue. After we decided on IUI, she suggested I go on Femara to increase my chances of a positive IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ruby Booras)
Ruby and the rest of our nursing staff were positive, compassionate and understanding. They gave us the information we needed and were able to answer the questions that we had.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very clean, professional and kind. It did not feel like a normal doctors office. The billing department was very helpful and organized. I did not feel like just another patient. There were not any weaknesses that I can remember.
The costs were out of pocket for us, since our insurance benefits were used to cover our testing. We paid for the consultation and two of our three IUI treatments, Femara and trigger shots.
Tacoma

I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Very quick to get in as a new patient [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment...She is very quick to respond to any messages i send in the patient portal which i greatly appreciate...I really appreciated [Dr. Barker's] urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Barker already had a plan of action in place. I really appreciated her urgency rather than dragging it on any longer. She was decisive and thoughtful. When the plan of treatment didn’t work as anticipated, she altered our course of action immediately to better support our needs. I really appreciate her quick communication and humanity. She is a fantastic doctor and shows compassion that is so necessary in this delicate field.
Be grateful! You are working with a doctor with her heart in the right place, with equal drive to help you reach your goals.
She is so personable and listens earnestly. She genuinely wants to work with you until you’ve achieved a pregnancy. She herself also went through fertility treatment, which makes it easy to relate to her.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very quick to get in as a new patient, has many resources, and is very personable. When my husband needed specialized care, they connected him to a specialist at a sister clinic for him to receive timely treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My husband’s urologist was supposed to call with results within 48 hours and didn’t for over a week. To be fair, he was with the Seattle clinic, not Tacoma, so i don’t see it as a negative review for my clinic.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us. Sometimes I wish that she was more involved in the work up appointments for IUI’s such as the ultrasounds. Not just available for consults when things don’t end up working out. Other than that she is wonderful... She was as very understanding and seemed to honestly feel bad that none of our IUI’s were successful. She didn’t treat us like we were a number at all
They [Seattle Repro Med] are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit....Approximately $400 per IUI. $200 for sperm collection and prep and $200 for IUI....We love Dr. Barker. She is kind, explains things clearly, listens to what we want to do and we trust her in deciding what the beat next step is for us.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
To not give your hopes up. While she does everything to help you it doesn’t always work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Friendly, knowledgeable. No specific weaknesses
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are very helpful, kind, knowledgeable, flexible when it come to timing of procedures etc. The clinic itself is very clean, modern and quiet. Theonly thing that I found disappointing is that they don’t accept care credit.
We have not prceeded with IVF yet but she did tell me that she doesn’t transfer more than 2 or maybe it was 3 embryos at a time.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Nichole Barker] is professional from the first time you meet her and does not disappointment. My husband and I were unable to get pregnant because he had had a vasectomy almost 15 years ago. We discussed options, and decided on using donor sperm and IUI. She did not pressure us, it provided the information we needed to reach our own decision—and then she drew up a treatment plan that supported it.
Peaceful lobby and great staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. The downside is their finance coordinator. She was incredibly robotic and stern. (And I say this as an accountant myself.) Also, the front desk asks for your balance each visit in front of the entire lobby (stating how much you owe) rather than billing you in the mail like most businesses...IUI with insurance - $350 per try Donor sperm - $800 per try Monthly sperm storage fee - $50
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Candid, understanding, great bedside manner. She is professional from the first time you meet her and does not disappointment. My husband and I were unable to get pregnant because he had had a vasectomy almost 15 years ago. We discussed options, and decided on using donor sperm and IUI. She did not pressure us, it provided the information we needed to reach our own decision—and then she drew up a treatment plan that supported it.
Be honest, be patient, ask questions.
She was very personable and easy to discuss our concerns and expectations with.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Peaceful lobby and great staff. The downside is their finance coordinator. She was incredibly robotic and stern. (And I say this as an accountant myself.) Also, the front desk asks for your balance each visit in front of the entire lobby (stating how much you owe) rather than billing you in the mail like most businesses.
Tacoma

Dr Barker struggled with Infertility also. She’s very compassionate, loves what she does and wants to see all of her patients succeed with a healthy pregnancy. Very supportive all the time!...is absolutely amazing. She listens to what I have to say, she’s compassionate and wants us to be able to have a successful pregnancy. Answers all my questions very knowledgeable and up to date with treatments... Trigger shot usually cycle day 10-12...To produce more follicles to get one good egg. I’m 42. Trigger shot to have me ovulate 24-36 hours after taking the shot...When I feel like giving up on this journey I realize what a great team
[Nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Compassionate, understanding and very caring... The costs are expensive but well worth it in the end. Somewhat cheaper than other fertility clinics in the area...I am very pleased with everything at SRM. Each person has been there for my husband and I during our fertility treatments. They have squeezed me in because I got a positive OPK and wanted to do an ultrasound. I’ve had numerous questions and concerns. My questions are always answered and my concerns are talked about. Every person employed there wants to see us have a healthy pregnancy. Very supportive after our loss. When I feel like giving up on this journey I realize what a great team of Dr’s and nurses I have. I appreciate each employee and absolutely love SRM
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Barker is absolutely amazing. She listens to what I have to say, she’s compassionate and wants us to be able to have a successful pregnancy. Answers all my questions very knowledgeable and up to date with treatments
Listen to her.
Clomid cycle day 3-7 100 mg’s letrozole 5 mg’s cycle day 3-7 Clomid 100 mg’s cycle day 3-7 gonal f 75 iu days 7-11 Follistim 75 iu cycle day 3-11 Trigger shot usually cycle day 10-12 To produce more follicles to get one good egg. I’m 42. Trigger shot to have me ovulate 24-36 hours after taking the shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi and Lisa)
Compassionate, understanding and very caring.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have zero fertility insurance coverage. We pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING. The costs are expensive but well worth it in the end. Somewhat cheaper than other fertility clinics in the area

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Barker answered every question I had, and I had a lot. She really cared about us as people and our journey. She related to our journey with her own, but only when asked. She knew we had struggled at a previous clinic and did everything to ensure that didn't happen again...She took everything from my prior treatments at another clinic and reviewed them at a regular meeting with colleagues to make the best, most informed plan
The [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] clinic is fantastic. They are well organized, and always on time! The staff are well informed, caring and easy to work with. The facility is wonderful. The only hard part was having to travel to Seattle for major procedures...[Nurse] Lexie was truly amazing! She cared about us and knew our prior struggles. She remained in constant contact and really knew what we needed from her both as our nurse and personally.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
As previously stated, Dr Barker answered every question I had, and I had a lot. She really cared about us as people and our journey. She related to our journey with her own, but only when asked. She knew we had struggled at a previous clinic and did everything to ensure that didn't happen again.
Schedule time to talk with her, she really will go over everything and anything you need or want to discuss.
Dr Barker answered every question I had compassionate and with empathy. She related to our journey with her own journey and really cared about us.
We added icsi as that was not used in a prior cycle. We changed dosing on injectables as I appeared to have been previously overstimulated. She took everything from my prior treatments at another clinic and reviewed them at a regular meeting with colleagues to make the best, most informed plan. After the fresh transfer failed, we set up a frozen transfer with low dose medication to regulate my cycle but not go overboard to ensure my body was well prepared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is fantastic. They are well organized, and always on time! The staff are well informed, caring and easy to work with. The facility is wonderful. The only hard part was having to travel to Seattle for major procedures.
Reasonable and average. Excellent care for the cost comparably

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Barker was very informative and laid everything out very clear for me. There was also everything sent over in writing as well so if it was a little to much to process I had something to refer back too...The first round of letrozole didn’t work so we imminently did a higher dosage which worked but wasn’t successful for pregnancy. The second round we started at the higher dosage, 7.5 mg letrozole I believe, and the injector again. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant!
[nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine was] Quick to respond to mychart messages with understandable responses! Very compassionate, I can tell she truly loves what she does...very informative and quickly responded to any concerns or questions I had throughout the time I worked with them...Communication and organization, clean office and every staff member was so nice....
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust the process, and the staff!
Dr Barker and her team were very informative and quickly responded to any concerns or questions I had throughout the time I worked with them.
We did letrozole and ovridrel injector. The first round of letrozole didn’t work so we imminently did a higher dosage which worked but wasn’t successful for pregnancy. The second round we started at the higher dosage, 7.5 mg letrozole I believe, and the injector again. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Quick to respond to mychart messages with understandable responses! Very compassionate, I can tell she truly loves what she does!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
No weaknesses. Communication and organization, clean office and every staff member was so nice! It’s a little intimidating going in alone as they didn’t let visitors in due to covid, but the staff there made it so welcoming I didn’t mind as much.
I think all in all we ended up paying about $1200 out of pocket
Tacoma
I think [Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs...She [Dr. Nichole Barker] is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for...She was always present in the conversation, listening to our concerns and responding with a thoughtful answer. She never made assumptions. I never felt rushed in my meetings with her. She always followed up with me on how I was feeling and being sure she had answered all questions. Very personable and genuine.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for.
Be open minded to multiple options and stay strong in your want to become parents.
Understanding and patient. Very pleasant team to work with.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think this is a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs.
Most of the costs were covered by my insurance. If I were to continue with further care I would need quite a bit of cash that we currently don’t have.
Tacoma
We did an IUI with my husband fresh sperm [with Dr. Nichole Barker]. We used letrazole and FSH. It is called a blended cycle. I am 40 years old so we needed to be a bit more aggressive with my treatments. My IUI was a success on our first round!...She is so positive and hopeful. She really cares about her patients...Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
[Nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Soft spoken, kind and listened to my concerns. Quick to respond to my emails...We did an IUI with my husband fresh sperm. We used letrazole and FSH. It is called a blended cycle. I am 40 years old so we needed to be a bit more aggressive with my treatments. My IUI was a success on our first round!...She [Dr. Barker] is very positive. Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very positive. Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
Go in with an open heart
She is so positive and hopeful. She really cares about her patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Soft spoken, kind and listened to my concerns. Quick to respond to my emails.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Barker took time to carefully craft a treatment plan for me that fit the needs of my health and beliefs. She was very sensitive to our desires not to PGS test, and did not push it. I did not want to create "too many" embryos, as I would want to transfer all at some point, and Dr. Barker took this concern seriously and professionally set about creating a plan...I only have one kidney, which could mean a high-risk pregnancy. Dr. Barker did not want to transfer more than one embryo for this reason
The entire staff at SRM are caring, professional, and sensitive to the unique struggles patients face as they go through infertility. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone. There were always the same faces for every appointment, so I got to know the receptionists and techs well...Courtney [nurse] was amazing! She answered all of my questions through the portal very quickly and with detail...When Courtney wasn't available, there was always another nurse to answer my questions that had full access to my information, so I never felt like I repeated myself.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker took time to carefully craft a treatment plan for me that fit the needs of my health and beliefs. She was very sensitive to our desires not to PGS test, and did not push it. I did not want to create "too many" embryos, as I would want to transfer all at some point, and Dr. Barker took this concern seriously and professionally set about creating a plan. I could not recommend her enough!
Trust your doctor, she knows what she is doing.
Dr. Barker always took her time to warmly describe my treatment plan and simply lay out the possible outcomes. I would recommend her to anyone who is struggling and sensitive like I was. I was so sure I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney was amazing! She answered all of my questions through the portal very quickly and with detail. I looked forward to getting result calls from her over the phone, as it seems like I made a good friend through this process. When Courtney wasn't available, there was always another nurse to answer my questions that had full access to my information, so I never felt like I repeated myself.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The entire staff at SRM are caring, professional, and sensitive to the unique struggles patients face as they go through infertility. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone. There were always the same faces for every appointment, so I got to know the receptionists and techs well. Graduating was bittersweet as I've come to enjoy my time at this clinic!
Insurance covered most of my treatment. I paid my OOP max, then about $2,000 for ICSI that wasn't covered, and $900 to freeze my remaining embryos.
I only have one kidney, which could mean a high-risk pregnancy. Dr. Barker did not want to transfer more than one embryo for this reason, and transferring multiples was not something we discussed further.
2015 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Barker has] A great combination of thorough in explaining the medicine and caring. I didn't meet super-often with her, but my case was fairly straightforward and didn't require a lot of special attention or protocol adjustments...Dr Barker has never been the one to do my embryo transfers and did not do my retrieval. I know this matters a lot to some people. I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me....
While SRM has more of a "factory" feel, the most important things to me are quick response times and willingness to work on my body's natural schedule as much as possible...Making it easy to schedule treatments, appointments, etc. made the whole process just a little less stressful...They are great at responding to portal messages... I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me...
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
While SRM has more of a "factory" feel, the most important things to me are quick response times and willingness to work on my body's natural schedule as much as possible. Dr. Barker and my nurses have always supported that and have always been super-responsive. Making it easy to schedule treatments, appointments, etc. made the whole process just a little less stressful.
Fairly standard, I think. We agreed to try several IUIs before moving onto IVF. Although my fourth and final IUI resulted in a chemical, we decided that it was still best to move forward with IVF. I did request that I not have to take birth control prior to any of my cycles (retrieval or FET), and Dr. Barker has respected that. I think I had a fairly standard stimulation protocol, though I can't remember the details. I produced ~29 eggs, of which ~19 fertilized and 12 or so made it to PGS testing, and 4 of which were found to be PGS-normal. So far we have had 3 successful transfers and have 1 remaining frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I've had a couple, since I've been at the clinic for several years now. My nurses have both been super-responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Convenience. As a large clinic, they are able to cater to my schedule (and my body's schedule) much more than some of the other clinics in the area, from what I've heard. They also had a location in Tacoma right near my work, which made it so much easier to schedule the many, many monitoring appointments. They are great at responding to portal messages and make calling them pretty easy as well. Weaknesses: You don't get as much of a personal touch. For example, Dr Barker has never been the one to do my embryo transfers and did not do my retrieval. I know this matters a lot to some people. I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me.
I don't remember exactly, but prices were higher than the lowest cost clinic in the area but not the highest cost clinic in the area.
Dr Barker was clear that she does not recommend multiple embryo transfers for most patients.

2014 - 2019, Successful
Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she [Dr. Nichole Barker] was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy...We feel our doctor did a good job of explaining her reasoning for only transferring single embryos in the past. Our current cycle is the first time we have transferred more than one at a time and there wer specifically different circumstances to support that decision.
She [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate...Be prepared to see many different faces throughout your treatment. Everyone is great but it can be a little unsettling to have so many different people administering your care. Just know that they all do a really good job of communicating with each other...We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker has been through IVF herself and was candid in sharing her experience with us which was amazing. She is down to earth, incredibly warm and caring. She is easy to like and comes across as very genuine. I would and have recommended her to several of my friends and family. I truly cannot day enough nice things about her and the care we have received from her. Hands down the best medical professional I have ever experienced.
Don’t be afraid to ask her anything! She truly gets it and will give you a straight, honest answer with no judgement.
From our first meeting with Dr. Barker, I never felt rushed or like I didn’t have her full attention. At our first meeting she had clearly reviewed our questionnaire and had notes and made us feel like she was truly engaged in helping us to achieve a family. We took two years away from the process and upon meeting with her agin to re-establish care, we were greeted with a hug and were made to feel as if we had just met a week ago. She was up to speed on all of our past treatment as if no time had lapsed.
We had unexplained fertility so our treatment was pretty standard and didn’t change much. Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy. When we came back to try to expand our family we continued through a frozen cycle and two additional egg retrievals. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and one other in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. No changes were made in any of those cycles. The miscarriage was after our 3rd egg retrieval and fresh transfer and decided to take a break. We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie)
She is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have insurance that was pretty good. Medication was our largest expense and was roughly 4500$ per IVF cycle.
Tacoma

Dr. Barker communicates very well. She is also very detailed in her explanations as to what is happening at the time. My experience as a patient with her is just phenomenal! I absolutely adore her. She is quick to get back to you with any questions you may have... diagnosed me with pcos...so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole...I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]...I have no weaknesses to tell. The whole clinic is just awesome and compassionate! I feel amazing after each visit. They are so quick to answer questions and to make sure everything is going great! I would totally recommend this clinic over and over again!...The whole team is just amazing and makes me feel welcomed on each visit. I couldn’t ask for a better team.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell them just to relax and that they are in amazing hands with Dr. Barker.
Dr. Barker is just simply AMAZING. She has answered every question in detail to where I can understand what is going on. I’ve recommended her to all of my friends who are having fertility issues. Dr. Barker shows compassion and is just awesome! I lost my twins at 7 weeks and she had personally called me to check up on me after my D&C. I couldn’t ask for a better Fertility Specialist. Dr. Barker is number one in my book.
Dr. Barker diagnosed me with pcos in 2018, so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole to help me ovulate. I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya Care Coordinater )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are very affordable!
We have not gotten to the point of embryo transfers. We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse.