4.2

3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
All visits with Dr. Barker were done via zoom. Appts were easy to get and she took time to go over details and allow opportunity for questions. We went over pros and cons and all possibilities outcomes...We started off all natural then added medication to help future treatments. Increased dosage, added medication and changed medication when each cycle failed.
Strengths [of SRM] - very organized, easy to reach, comfortable, and I felt very cared for Weakness- sometimes I didn't know certain things or plans without asking first. Billing was interesting. I wish it was online, because sometimes I never got physical bill. I found out the balance when showing up for appt...I saw many clinic nurses and all were very compassionate and easy to work with
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I did not meed Dr. Barker in person. All visits with Dr. Barker were done via zoom. Appts were easy to get and she took time to go over details and allow opportunity for questions. We went over pros and cons and all possibilities outcomes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
You should be prepared to ask questions. She will do her best to give you an idea of treatments and possible outcomes. But, every person is different and she may not cover things that people often don't think about.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker and her team listed and cared about the issues and treatment. They were easy to reach and communicate with.
Describe the protocols Nichole Barker used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexi)
My main nurse Lexi was great at responding to messages and providing details. I saw many clinic nurses and all were very compassionate and easy to work with
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths- very organized, easy to reach, comfortable, and I felt very cared for Weakness- sometimes I didn't know certain things or plans without asking first. Billing was interesting. I wish it was online, because sometimes I never got physical bill. I found out the balance when showing up for appt
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had multiple tests and 5IUI treatment. I believe it is close to $5000
Describe Nichole Barker's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I requested a form be filled out and sent to order sperm for IUI. They initiated filled it out with a different patient's info. Same name, different person. It was corrected immediately.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Barker was very informative and laid everything out very clear for me. There was also everything sent over in writing as well so if it was a little to much to process I had something to refer back too...The first round of letrozole didn’t work so we imminently did a higher dosage which worked but wasn’t successful for pregnancy. The second round we started at the higher dosage, 7.5 mg letrozole I believe, and the injector again. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant!
[nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine was] Quick to respond to mychart messages with understandable responses! Very compassionate, I can tell she truly loves what she does...very informative and quickly responded to any concerns or questions I had throughout the time I worked with them...Communication and organization, clean office and every staff member was so nice....
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Trust the process, and the staff!
Dr Barker and her team were very informative and quickly responded to any concerns or questions I had throughout the time I worked with them.
We did letrozole and ovridrel injector. The first round of letrozole didn’t work so we imminently did a higher dosage which worked but wasn’t successful for pregnancy. The second round we started at the higher dosage, 7.5 mg letrozole I believe, and the injector again. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
Quick to respond to mychart messages with understandable responses! Very compassionate, I can tell she truly loves what she does!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
No weaknesses. Communication and organization, clean office and every staff member was so nice! It’s a little intimidating going in alone as they didn’t let visitors in due to covid, but the staff there made it so welcoming I didn’t mind as much.
I think all in all we ended up paying about $1200 out of pocket

2020 - 2021, Successful
She [Dr. Barker] was very organized, covered a lot, provided her professional input to help us make the right decision and was just an exceptional all-around doctor...The only downside of her practice is I did not see her but that one time, and it was virtual. I wish she was the one to perform the egg retrieval surgery and my FET. However, I grew to form a good relationship with her nurse because I relied on her a lot for answers to my questions, so I appreciated having the same nurse I could rely on throughout my entire IVF journey...
All the nurses [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] I communicated with were great...answered my messages quickly and provided me with the information I needed...The clinic is convenient. I like that there is a Tacoma location because Seattle is too far. However, I wish everything was handled in Tacoma. My egg retrieval surgery and FET were done in Seattle. I understand the clinic in Tacoma doesn't have the ability to perform surgeries, but maybe that is something they can consider in the future because it would be more convenient for patients and allow their specialist to be the one to perform such procedures...
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
From my first visit, I knew she was the doctor for me because she took the concerns I had seriously. I had 3 back to back IUIs that failed and my previous doctor just expected me to continue doing more IUIs until one became successful. I wanted to be examined to figure out why they weren't working when my first IUI worked perfectly. Dr. Barker addressed the problem head on. She also said she doesn't continue something that isn't working, so instead of another IUI, she wanted to figure out what the issue was and look into other options. It felt so nice to be acknowledged and for my concerns to be heard and handled. The next time I met with her was to go over my egg retrieval results and come up with a transfer plan. She was very organized, covered a lot, provided her professional input to help us make the right decision and was just an exceptional all-around doctor. It helps she's done IVF herself to birth her children, so her understanding and compassion and overall knowledge and expertise provide that much support.
Trust her. Not only is she the professional but she's gone through IVF and fertility treatments herself, so she not only understands the clinical and healthcare side but also the personal side and everything that is involved regarding infertility.
The appointment I had with her after my egg retrieval was great. She took her time, was patient, encouraged me to take notes, and very informative. While I know she sees patients with similar cases, it was obvious she handled my appointment on a case-by-case basis, meaning she focused on me and my personal needs, history, case rather than compare myself to other patients or just use a standard protocol on me to make her job easier. I felt like my time with her was very personalized. The only downside of her practice is I did not see her but that one time, and it was virtual. I wish she was the one to perform the egg retrieval surgery and my FET. However, I grew to form a good relationship with her nurse because I relied on her a lot for answers to my questions, so I appreciated having the same nurse I could rely on throughout my entire IVF journey.
My protocol started with a couple rounds of birth control before beginning the stim meds. I used gonal-f and menopur to start, then cetrotide and lupron to follow. I was on stim meds for 10 days before the egg retrieval. The doctor retrieved 22 eggs, 9 were mature and 5 were fertilized. I waited 5 days for the blastocyst report in which 4 embryos survived the 5 days post surgery. We chose the genetic testing, so my embryos were frozen until the transfer. Genetic results were amazing. 2 boys and 2 girls and all were graded high. One of the girls was graded the highest of the high, so we chose her for the FET. She is now almost 5 months old.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alexa Skinner)
All the nurses I communicated with were great. When Alexa wasn't in, I dealt with Courtney usually. She was wonderful! She had so much compassion and care...making sure my questions were answered. Alexa was always my go-to, though. She always answered my messages quickly and provided me with the information I needed. She was a great person to rely on, including for support. I wish I had the opportunity to meet her in person. It was also nice to hear from her after my daughter was born. They reach out several weeks after the birth of a baby to check up, which is nice.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is convenient. I like that there is a Tacoma location because Seattle is too far. However, I wish everything was handled in Tacoma. My egg retrieval surgery and FET were done in Seattle. I understand the clinic in Tacoma doesn't have the ability to perform surgeries, but maybe that is something they can consider in the future because it would be more convenient for patients and allow their specialist to be the one to perform such procedures. I wish Dr. Barker was my doctor for everything. I didn't get to know her because I really only saw her a couple times. I would have preferred she was my only doctor.
I had to take out a $25,000 loan and then paid several hundred dollars out of pocket for medications that weren't covered by the loan.
I did ask about that during my virtual visit to discuss my FET plan. She said she prefers a single approach because 1) my history of multiple miscarriages and 2) the complications that could occur. She was concerned about one fetus not surviving, which would obviously cause a lot of trauma. She pointed out why couples want a multiple embryo transfer (kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing), but after hearing her input there was no second guessing. Again, I trusted her input.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Barker took time to carefully craft a treatment plan for me that fit the needs of my health and beliefs. She was very sensitive to our desires not to PGS test, and did not push it. I did not want to create "too many" embryos, as I would want to transfer all at some point, and Dr. Barker took this concern seriously and professionally set about creating a plan...I only have one kidney, which could mean a high-risk pregnancy. Dr. Barker did not want to transfer more than one embryo for this reason
The entire staff at SRM are caring, professional, and sensitive to the unique struggles patients face as they go through infertility. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone. There were always the same faces for every appointment, so I got to know the receptionists and techs well...Courtney [nurse] was amazing! She answered all of my questions through the portal very quickly and with detail...When Courtney wasn't available, there was always another nurse to answer my questions that had full access to my information, so I never felt like I repeated myself.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker took time to carefully craft a treatment plan for me that fit the needs of my health and beliefs. She was very sensitive to our desires not to PGS test, and did not push it. I did not want to create "too many" embryos, as I would want to transfer all at some point, and Dr. Barker took this concern seriously and professionally set about creating a plan. I could not recommend her enough!
Trust your doctor, she knows what she is doing.
Dr. Barker always took her time to warmly describe my treatment plan and simply lay out the possible outcomes. I would recommend her to anyone who is struggling and sensitive like I was. I was so sure I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Courtney)
Courtney was amazing! She answered all of my questions through the portal very quickly and with detail. I looked forward to getting result calls from her over the phone, as it seems like I made a good friend through this process. When Courtney wasn't available, there was always another nurse to answer my questions that had full access to my information, so I never felt like I repeated myself.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The entire staff at SRM are caring, professional, and sensitive to the unique struggles patients face as they go through infertility. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone. There were always the same faces for every appointment, so I got to know the receptionists and techs well. Graduating was bittersweet as I've come to enjoy my time at this clinic!
Insurance covered most of my treatment. I paid my OOP max, then about $2,000 for ICSI that wasn't covered, and $900 to freeze my remaining embryos.
I only have one kidney, which could mean a high-risk pregnancy. Dr. Barker did not want to transfer more than one embryo for this reason, and transferring multiples was not something we discussed further.
2015 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Barker has] A great combination of thorough in explaining the medicine and caring. I didn't meet super-often with her, but my case was fairly straightforward and didn't require a lot of special attention or protocol adjustments...Dr Barker has never been the one to do my embryo transfers and did not do my retrieval. I know this matters a lot to some people. I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me....
While SRM has more of a "factory" feel, the most important things to me are quick response times and willingness to work on my body's natural schedule as much as possible...Making it easy to schedule treatments, appointments, etc. made the whole process just a little less stressful...They are great at responding to portal messages... I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me...
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
While SRM has more of a "factory" feel, the most important things to me are quick response times and willingness to work on my body's natural schedule as much as possible. Dr. Barker and my nurses have always supported that and have always been super-responsive. Making it easy to schedule treatments, appointments, etc. made the whole process just a little less stressful.
Fairly standard, I think. We agreed to try several IUIs before moving onto IVF. Although my fourth and final IUI resulted in a chemical, we decided that it was still best to move forward with IVF. I did request that I not have to take birth control prior to any of my cycles (retrieval or FET), and Dr. Barker has respected that. I think I had a fairly standard stimulation protocol, though I can't remember the details. I produced ~29 eggs, of which ~19 fertilized and 12 or so made it to PGS testing, and 4 of which were found to be PGS-normal. So far we have had 3 successful transfers and have 1 remaining frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I've had a couple, since I've been at the clinic for several years now. My nurses have both been super-responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Convenience. As a large clinic, they are able to cater to my schedule (and my body's schedule) much more than some of the other clinics in the area, from what I've heard. They also had a location in Tacoma right near my work, which made it so much easier to schedule the many, many monitoring appointments. They are great at responding to portal messages and make calling them pretty easy as well. Weaknesses: You don't get as much of a personal touch. For example, Dr Barker has never been the one to do my embryo transfers and did not do my retrieval. I know this matters a lot to some people. I originally thought a personal touch would be important to me, but at the end of the day, convenience and the ability to cater to my body's schedule were more important to me.
I don't remember exactly, but prices were higher than the lowest cost clinic in the area but not the highest cost clinic in the area.
Dr Barker was clear that she does not recommend multiple embryo transfers for most patients.
Tacoma

The receptionists at the Tacoma clinic we're always friendly and remembered your face after one time. There was never a wait time, I was always seen immediately once I checked it. My appointments always lasted 20 minutes or less as expected...I sent so many questions to her [assigned nurse] through the message portal and she answered them with kindness and efficiency
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was direct with my questions in a manner that also showed compassion. When I took Clomid for my second IUI, she was blunt in telling me my body did not take well to it. In that same conversation, she gave me options for my next steps if the IUI didn't take, this made me feel better having a plan of action if we got negative IUI results. She always asked me if I had questions or concerns and never made me feel dumb for asking questions. I felt 100% comfortable asking her things that dealt with our sex life. My egg retrieval happened to be with a different doctor, which I was totally ok with. Dr. Barker messaged me shortly after letting me know that she heard my procedure went well and that she was thinking of us. Most of our meetings were done virtually because of covid, and when I finally got to meet her in person, she remembered details about my husband and also noticed that I had cut my hair. I know that seems minuscule, but it showed me that I wasn't just a number. I felt like she was truly rooting for me the whole time, because she cared about me as a human being.
Be open and honest, ask all the questions you need to. There are no dumb questions or concerns with Dr. barker.
Dr. Barker showed empathy, both for the negative and positive emotions. She was serious, friendly, and laughed at all appropriate times.
Dr. Barker gave us a few options since my female reproductive organs looked good, and my husband's sperm motility/mobility was on the lower end but not terrible. She told us we could continue to try naturally (my husband was on TRT and was taking HCG to get his sperm count back and it seemed his sperm was gradually getting better). Or she gave us the option of trying IUI for a couple cycles since it was the least expensive and least intrusive. Then she gave us the option of IVF if we wanted to be agressive and have a baby now. We decided to go with two IUI cycles, using Clomid. The first time, Clomid gave me two large follicles, however my husband's sperm count was low because we had sex the day before. That was bad on our part. The first IUI was unsuccessful, when we had the second IUI the Clomid didn't work and I only had one large follicle. My husband's sperm count looked really good and however. Unfortunately that IUI didn't work either. We met again with Dr Barker and we all decided that IVF was the next step. They put me on birth control pills to suppress my ovaries. It took about 3 weeks for my ovaries to suppress. Then I took injections for 10 days before I was able to trigger with an HCG shot. On the 12th day I had my egg retrieval. They pulled out seven eggs, and all were mature and all fertilized. On the day of my 5-day embryo transfer, only one started to hatch so they picked that one embryo to transfer. they went with one egg because I was under 35 and all my reproductive organs look good. Five of my other embryos began to hatch the next day, so they froze those. 8 days later I went in for blood work and my HCG levels were high showing that I was pregnant. I went in again for blood work three days later and my HCG levels increased showing a viable pregnancy. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, the heartbeat was on the lower end so they asked to see me again. I had my last ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days with Dr Barker and the heartbeat looked good. I no longer need SRM, and my next prenatal appointment will be with my regular OBGYN.
Alexa was amazing!!! I communicated with her the most. I sent so many questions to her through the message portal and she answered them with kindness and efficiency. If Alexa wasn't available, someone from the nursing staff responded immediately.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We were fortunate that our insurance covered infertility treatments. My hormone injections were not covered and those cost about $3500. The anesthesia was also not covered for my egg retrieval and that was $400.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Barker] is very sweet, patient, understanding and takes time to listen to the needs and wants of the patients and finds treatment that best fits their needs...she listened to all my requests and gave feedback on treatment...I asked for the ReceptivaDx test and she agreed with the ERA test and gave me great treatment options prior to my FET which let to a successful outcome
Strength [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is very knowledgeable on treatments. Good listening and understanding and patient. Clinic’s staff are very sweet and friendly. The MAs at the Tacoma clinic are the best and very sweet, they engage with you during every blood draw and make you feel at home and are funny...Very sweet, quick response on portal and very informative
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very sweet, patient, understanding and takes time to listen to the needs and wants of the patients and finds treatment that best fits their needs. She helped me successfully have a twin pregnancy and currently 10 weeks. I asked for the ReceptivaDx test and she agreed with the ERA test and gave me great treatment options prior to my FET which let to a successful outcome. She is fantastic !
Make sure you do all necessary tests to get answers prior to transferring your embryos and PGS, ReceptivaDx, ERA, AMH, thyroid, immune etc
I felt like she treated me like a human than a number because she took her time with me and was very sweet and detailed about everything and she listened to all my requests and gave feedback on treatment. She didn’t rush me like my previous clinic I’ve attended did.
Did a FET with both vaginal progesterone and PIO, estrogen, lovenox, steroids, antibiotics, baby aspirin and PGS tested embryos. Also did the ReceptivaDx which came back positive so treated 2 months of Letrozole 5mg & 1 month of Lupron prior to FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
Very sweet, quick response on portal and very informative
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strength is very knowledgeable on treatments. Good listening and understanding and patient. Clinic’s staff are very sweet and friendly. The MAs at the Tacoma clinic are the best and very sweet, they engage with you during every blood draw and make you feel at home and are funny.
My insurance covered TRIWEST praise God!

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr Barker answered every question I had, and I had a lot. She really cared about us as people and our journey. She related to our journey with her own, but only when asked. She knew we had struggled at a previous clinic and did everything to ensure that didn't happen again...She took everything from my prior treatments at another clinic and reviewed them at a regular meeting with colleagues to make the best, most informed plan
The [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] clinic is fantastic. They are well organized, and always on time! The staff are well informed, caring and easy to work with. The facility is wonderful. The only hard part was having to travel to Seattle for major procedures...[Nurse] Lexie was truly amazing! She cared about us and knew our prior struggles. She remained in constant contact and really knew what we needed from her both as our nurse and personally.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
As previously stated, Dr Barker answered every question I had, and I had a lot. She really cared about us as people and our journey. She related to our journey with her own, but only when asked. She knew we had struggled at a previous clinic and did everything to ensure that didn't happen again.
Schedule time to talk with her, she really will go over everything and anything you need or want to discuss.
Dr Barker answered every question I had compassionate and with empathy. She related to our journey with her own journey and really cared about us.
We added icsi as that was not used in a prior cycle. We changed dosing on injectables as I appeared to have been previously overstimulated. She took everything from my prior treatments at another clinic and reviewed them at a regular meeting with colleagues to make the best, most informed plan. After the fresh transfer failed, we set up a frozen transfer with low dose medication to regulate my cycle but not go overboard to ensure my body was well prepared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie Bemis)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is fantastic. They are well organized, and always on time! The staff are well informed, caring and easy to work with. The facility is wonderful. The only hard part was having to travel to Seattle for major procedures.
Reasonable and average. Excellent care for the cost comparably
Tacoma
We did an IUI with my husband fresh sperm [with Dr. Nichole Barker]. We used letrazole and FSH. It is called a blended cycle. I am 40 years old so we needed to be a bit more aggressive with my treatments. My IUI was a success on our first round!...She is so positive and hopeful. She really cares about her patients...Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
[Nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Soft spoken, kind and listened to my concerns. Quick to respond to my emails...We did an IUI with my husband fresh sperm. We used letrazole and FSH. It is called a blended cycle. I am 40 years old so we needed to be a bit more aggressive with my treatments. My IUI was a success on our first round!...She [Dr. Barker] is very positive. Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very positive. Had a good attitude and listened to my concerns. She did my IUI and was very gentle with an excellent bedside manner. The clinic staff were always nice and answered my questions. The ultrasound tech was also very nice and explained everything to me.
Go in with an open heart
She is so positive and hopeful. She really cares about her patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Soft spoken, kind and listened to my concerns. Quick to respond to my emails.
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Barker was very sensitive and kind when going through treatment. She had empathy considering she had to go through IVF to conceive as well. Also, she showed no judgement when we specifically went through ivf with PGD for genetic reasons. She was wonderful to work with...very communicative with what to expect. She was honest with what our setbacks could be and very professional. I was cautiously optimistic the treatments would work and we would get the outcome we desired, which we are fortunate to say we succeeded.
The [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] clinic was great, professional and clean. I would highly recommend this fertility clinic for anyone who needs to go through fertility treatments. They show compassion and kindness while going through this stressful process...Total cost was around 50,000 for 2 eggs retrieval’s and 2 FET’s...Dr. Barker was very communicative with what to expect. She was honest with what our setbacks could be and very professional. I was cautiously optimistic the treatments would work and we would get the outcome we desired, which we are fortunate to say we succeeded.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Expect kindness, compassion and honesty from Dr. Barker.
We started with menopur and Gonal f. I yielded 7 eggs the first egg retrieval, and had a total of 2 embryos frozen and biopsied for PGD. The next round the menopur dosage stayed the same and the gonal f dosage increased. I yielded 9 eggs during retrieval and had a total of 2 embryos frozen and biopsied for PGD. Of the 4 embryos, 2 were unaffected euploid embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Heidi was ok
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was great, professional and clean. I would highly recommend this fertility clinic for anyone who needs to go through fertility treatments. They show compassion and kindness while going through this stressful process
Total cost was around 50,000 for 2 eggs retrieval’s and 2 FET’s
Dr.Barker was adamant that she only wanted to perform single FET’s unless I gave a compelling reason why I wanted more due to a high risk pregnancy
Tacoma
Dr Barker was very warm and informative from our very first interaction. It was clear she took the time to understand our situation and formulate a plan that made sense for us. She made it clear she was available for questions along the way...very warm, she personalizes the care to each person. She has protocols but makes it clear that the plan is personalized in each case...Ask any questions you might have
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine has] Convenient appointment times, overall very friendly staff. The staff always demonstrated care and patience. I can’t think of any specific weaknesses, although would be nice to schedule appointments online...On one occasion there was some confusion regarding the plan - I was told by the nurse some information that wasn’t in line with Dr Barker’s communication to us. This was quickly clarified...[nurses are] Very responsive, answered all of my questions
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Ask any questions you might have
Dr Barker is very warm, she personalizes the care to each person. She has protocols but makes it clear that the plan is personalized in each case.
Ovulation induction with Letrozole for an ovulation, some cycles with Ovidrel. Monitoring with follicular ultrasounds. We also planned an IUI but were not able to complete due to our schedule.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very responsive, answered all of my questions
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Unsure, still waiting for final bill.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Barker] was always there every step of the way...She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member...They [nurses] were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She was always available if I needed to talk to her or had any questions. During our consultation she was very up front, made my husband and I feel comfortable even when talking about certain things. She never made anything awkward. She was truthful and told us like it is. She never made me once doubt her professional opinions. I respect that a dr can be so upfront about situations. You could tell she really cared for her patients, she knows what their going through because she went through it as well. So he compassion and truthfulness made every appointment a positive appt.
Go in there with all the questions you want to ask. She will answer all truthfully and she will take as much time with you as needed!
She was always there every step of the way. If she wasn’t available, the nurse always was. All my questions were answered and you could tell they really cared about you and your needs.
I would take clomid in cycle days 3-7, I would start opk’s. On cycle day 10, every month I would schedule a cycle day 12 ultrasound to see how my follicles were looking. If on the 12th cycle day follicles and lining looked good I would trigger that night and scehedule an iui 24-48 hrs later. Most of the time I had about 2 follicles ranging from 18mm-23mm. Day of iui, my husband would go in and give his sample, hour and a half later they would perform the iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tonya)
They were always available! I could email them with any concerns or questions and I would get a response in a timely matter. If I forgot how to do something I could just call and there was always someone there to help. It was nice because everytime I went in for my ultrasounds it was always the same person performing them so it was never awkward, the same with my husbands SA.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It was very clean, they offered water and tea. Everything was confidential beginning with checking in and leaving. If you had to make a payment it was all enclosed. I honestly see no weaknesses in this facility and the professionalism of every team member.
$650 for each iui, $26 for clomid each month, and $55 for ovidrel shot each month. Hsg cost me about $230 since my insurance covered most of that. My insurance did cover each ultra sound.
Tacoma

We have discussed IVF [with Dr. Nichole Barker]. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon...was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
The clinic [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to...[Nurses are] Thoughtful, patient, and never rushed me through any information. They always made me feel like I was their most important patient...We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was referred to me by my brother and sister-in-law. From the beginning, she was intent on learning about me and my husband, and how she could help us get to our ultimate goal of a family. Her empathy was true, and I have no doubt that she has my and my husband's best interests at heart through this entire process.
Dr. Barker can be trusted, so let her take on some of that pressure you've been putting on yourself.
Dr. Baker was both positive and realistic. She understood how I felt, and wanted me to know that my feelings mattered to her and her staff. She explained in detail the plan she thought would be in my and my husband's best interest, and wanted to make sure that we were all on the same page through the entire process. That this was about me and my husband, and not about what would bring in money for the clinic.
Initial - I will be beginning a regimen of clomid, injections, and IUI, starting this week. We will attempt this for 2-3 cycles, and then revisit out plan. 6 months in - Now we are at Clomid, Gonal F injections, trigger injection, IUI, and Progesterone. We have discussed IVF. But still hopeful an IUI will work soon.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is warm, inclusive, comfortable, clean, and private. It doesn't feel like the sterile, uncomfortable doctor office you imagine. The location I go to is in Tacoma, it is very convenient and easy to get to.
Roughly $1000/month for all medications and procedures.
We have only briefly touched on this subject. If the current plan doesn't work, we will discuss this further and in more detail.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Barker never made us feel like we were just another number at the clinic. She answered any and all questions and presented what she felt was the best option for us...Although we didn't have too many interactions with Dr. Barker, she was wonderful when we did. My husband and I felt very comfortable with her. All appointments were on time and everything was explained in detail and in a way that we understood the terminology. We felt she was compassionate and truly cared about helping to try to make our dream of having children come true...For our situation, Dr. Barker did not recommend transferring more than one embryo. And once we had success with our daughter, we went through pretty much the same exact protocol again and were successful (currently early on in pregnancy). Clinic Description
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!...We worked with LaTanya [nurse] the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Come in with a list of questions you have. A lot of information is covered, but it's really good to do your research and ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya is amazing!)
We worked with LaTanya the most, and she was amazing. But, all of the nursing staff was great. Everyone is compassionate to help. Again, we never felt like a number when we were in the office.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We always had great interactions with the Tacoma and Seattle clinics. They try to be as accommodating as possible so you don't have to go back and forth to Seattle and Tacoma. But, you do have to be flexible in that if you are primarily using Tacoma, you will have to have transfers, egg retrievals, etc. in Seattle. They are the main clinic. Great staff at both clinics!
If insurance covers infertility, that will greatly reduce out of pocket costs. BUT, be aware that most insurance does not cover the cost of the medication associated. We were fortunate that insurance covered the treatment, but we still had probably at least $5,000 out of pocket for medication (we did 2 IVF cycles and 2 frozen embryo transfers).
2017 - 2019, Successful
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. ... I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. ... We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route.
Very warm setting [SRM], friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby. ... My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She always answered my questions and always honestly and with compassion. She always helped 7s cope with our situation and was always reassuring. We always felt welcomed in her presence. I always felt like Dr. Barker had a personal connection with her patients. She always reached out to us after any loss personally and even now she has reached out with our little victory !
Nothing, other than you have chose the right provider for your care.
Dr. Barker is always so caring. We always appreciated her time and how she handled our situation.
I do not ovulate and I have a metobolic issue. I took letrozole, metformin and ovidrel with timed intercourse. I was able to get pregnant with this treatment...but had miscarriages. We never felt pressured to go another route...particularly a more expensive route. This was important to us. IVF is not covered by my insurance and $25000 is quite a bit of money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna Lanza )
I love Anna! She always responded so quickly! She is so encouraging and kind. She would also reach out just to check on us. I live that she would include my husband too. This type of treatment can feel like it's all on you but Anna remembered that my husband and I are a team.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Very warm setting, friendly staff. My only complaint is, as soon as you check in, you are reminded if you have a balance and asked to pay. Maybe a billing team could privately contact patients about payments versus having that conversation in a lobby.
My insurance didnt cover much. I mostly paid for my injections monthly and my follicle ultrasounds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first nurse, before Anna, did give conflicting information. I expressed that I didn't think this nurse was a good fit for me and was then assigned to Anna. Also, once I 'graduated' and needed my charts sent to my OB, my release of information from was lost, almost delaying my OB appointment.
Tacoma

Dr. Barker warmly gave us the facts in a way we could understand them. She was open with her own infertility struggles and feelings in her journey...open to helping us in any treatment we wanted to pursue...When our sperm collection for our first IUI had very low counts, she offered for us to move forward with the procedure and she would take care of the cost
The clinic [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very clean, professional and kind. It did not feel like a normal doctors office. The billing department was very helpful and organized...Ruby and the rest of our nursing staff were positive, compassionate and understanding. They gave us the information we needed and were able to answer the questions that we had
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker was very informative and open to helping us in any treatment we wanted to pursue. She made herself available for questions or concerns. When our sperm collection for our first IUI had very low counts, she offered for us to move forward with the procedure and she would take care of the cost. We were overwhelmed by her generosity and greatly appreciated her knowledge that we were paying for these procedures out of pocket.
Be open with your thoughts and feelings, as Dr. Barker likely knows how you feel; going through her own infertility journey.
Dr. Barker left it open for us to decide what treatment we wanted to pursue. After we decided on IUI, she suggested I go on Femara to increase my chances of a positive IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Ruby Booras)
Ruby and the rest of our nursing staff were positive, compassionate and understanding. They gave us the information we needed and were able to answer the questions that we had.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was very clean, professional and kind. It did not feel like a normal doctors office. The billing department was very helpful and organized. I did not feel like just another patient. There were not any weaknesses that I can remember.
The costs were out of pocket for us, since our insurance benefits were used to cover our testing. We paid for the consultation and two of our three IUI treatments, Femara and trigger shots.
Tacoma

She [Dr. Nichole Barker] is professional from the first time you meet her and does not disappointment. My husband and I were unable to get pregnant because he had had a vasectomy almost 15 years ago. We discussed options, and decided on using donor sperm and IUI. She did not pressure us, it provided the information we needed to reach our own decision—and then she drew up a treatment plan that supported it.
Peaceful lobby and great staff [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. The downside is their finance coordinator. She was incredibly robotic and stern. (And I say this as an accountant myself.) Also, the front desk asks for your balance each visit in front of the entire lobby (stating how much you owe) rather than billing you in the mail like most businesses...IUI with insurance - $350 per try Donor sperm - $800 per try Monthly sperm storage fee - $50
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Candid, understanding, great bedside manner. She is professional from the first time you meet her and does not disappointment. My husband and I were unable to get pregnant because he had had a vasectomy almost 15 years ago. We discussed options, and decided on using donor sperm and IUI. She did not pressure us, it provided the information we needed to reach our own decision—and then she drew up a treatment plan that supported it.
Be honest, be patient, ask questions.
She was very personable and easy to discuss our concerns and expectations with.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Peaceful lobby and great staff. The downside is their finance coordinator. She was incredibly robotic and stern. (And I say this as an accountant myself.) Also, the front desk asks for your balance each visit in front of the entire lobby (stating how much you owe) rather than billing you in the mail like most businesses.
Tacoma

Dr Barker struggled with Infertility also. She’s very compassionate, loves what she does and wants to see all of her patients succeed with a healthy pregnancy. Very supportive all the time!...is absolutely amazing. She listens to what I have to say, she’s compassionate and wants us to be able to have a successful pregnancy. Answers all my questions very knowledgeable and up to date with treatments... Trigger shot usually cycle day 10-12...To produce more follicles to get one good egg. I’m 42. Trigger shot to have me ovulate 24-36 hours after taking the shot...When I feel like giving up on this journey I realize what a great team
[Nurses at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] Compassionate, understanding and very caring... The costs are expensive but well worth it in the end. Somewhat cheaper than other fertility clinics in the area...I am very pleased with everything at SRM. Each person has been there for my husband and I during our fertility treatments. They have squeezed me in because I got a positive OPK and wanted to do an ultrasound. I’ve had numerous questions and concerns. My questions are always answered and my concerns are talked about. Every person employed there wants to see us have a healthy pregnancy. Very supportive after our loss. When I feel like giving up on this journey I realize what a great team of Dr’s and nurses I have. I appreciate each employee and absolutely love SRM
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Barker is absolutely amazing. She listens to what I have to say, she’s compassionate and wants us to be able to have a successful pregnancy. Answers all my questions very knowledgeable and up to date with treatments
Listen to her.
Clomid cycle day 3-7 100 mg’s letrozole 5 mg’s cycle day 3-7 Clomid 100 mg’s cycle day 3-7 gonal f 75 iu days 7-11 Follistim 75 iu cycle day 3-11 Trigger shot usually cycle day 10-12 To produce more follicles to get one good egg. I’m 42. Trigger shot to have me ovulate 24-36 hours after taking the shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Heidi and Lisa)
Compassionate, understanding and very caring.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have zero fertility insurance coverage. We pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING. The costs are expensive but well worth it in the end. Somewhat cheaper than other fertility clinics in the area
Tacoma
I think [Seattle Reproductive Medicine is] a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs...She [Dr. Nichole Barker] is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for...She was always present in the conversation, listening to our concerns and responding with a thoughtful answer. She never made assumptions. I never felt rushed in my meetings with her. She always followed up with me on how I was feeling and being sure she had answered all questions. Very personable and genuine.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is very personable. She herself has experienced fertility issues so she is relatable and genuinely concerned. I always felt like she cared. She was patient and thorough. I always felt well cared for.
Be open minded to multiple options and stay strong in your want to become parents.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Understanding and patient. Very pleasant team to work with.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think this is a wonderful clinic with great passionate and caring staff. I felt very well cared for and I can’t mention anything that I think would need to be changed. The thoughtfulness I experienced was wonderful. They are professional and passionate about their jobs.
Most of the costs were covered by my insurance. If I were to continue with further care I would need quite a bit of cash that we currently don’t have.

2014 - 2019, Successful
Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she [Dr. Nichole Barker] was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy...We feel our doctor did a good job of explaining her reasoning for only transferring single embryos in the past. Our current cycle is the first time we have transferred more than one at a time and there wer specifically different circumstances to support that decision.
She [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate...Be prepared to see many different faces throughout your treatment. Everyone is great but it can be a little unsettling to have so many different people administering your care. Just know that they all do a really good job of communicating with each other...We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker has been through IVF herself and was candid in sharing her experience with us which was amazing. She is down to earth, incredibly warm and caring. She is easy to like and comes across as very genuine. I would and have recommended her to several of my friends and family. I truly cannot day enough nice things about her and the care we have received from her. Hands down the best medical professional I have ever experienced.
Don’t be afraid to ask her anything! She truly gets it and will give you a straight, honest answer with no judgement.
From our first meeting with Dr. Barker, I never felt rushed or like I didn’t have her full attention. At our first meeting she had clearly reviewed our questionnaire and had notes and made us feel like she was truly engaged in helping us to achieve a family. We took two years away from the process and upon meeting with her agin to re-establish care, we were greeted with a hug and were made to feel as if we had just met a week ago. She was up to speed on all of our past treatment as if no time had lapsed.
We had unexplained fertility so our treatment was pretty standard and didn’t change much. Originally we did IUI and after 4 unsuccessful cycles we added clomid. After two cycles of that with increased doses she was good about explaining the likelihood of continuing and recommended moving to IVF. We conceived on our first cycle with a fresh transfer. This resulted in a healthy baby boy. When we came back to try to expand our family we continued through a frozen cycle and two additional egg retrievals. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and one other in a miscarriage at 9 weeks. No changes were made in any of those cycles. The miscarriage was after our 3rd egg retrieval and fresh transfer and decided to take a break. We recently came back and are in the middle of a cycle now. The only change this time is we added omnitrope injections and results are so far the best cycle with two good rated embryos and two fair rated embryos. This cycle we also transferred two embryos at a time instead of just one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie)
She is super responsive, knowledgeable and very compassionate
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We have insurance that was pretty good. Medication was our largest expense and was roughly 4500$ per IVF cycle.
Tacoma

Dr. Barker communicates very well. She is also very detailed in her explanations as to what is happening at the time. My experience as a patient with her is just phenomenal! I absolutely adore her. She is quick to get back to you with any questions you may have... diagnosed me with pcos...so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole...I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]...I have no weaknesses to tell. The whole clinic is just awesome and compassionate! I feel amazing after each visit. They are so quick to answer questions and to make sure everything is going great! I would totally recommend this clinic over and over again!...The whole team is just amazing and makes me feel welcomed on each visit. I couldn’t ask for a better team.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell them just to relax and that they are in amazing hands with Dr. Barker.
Dr. Barker is just simply AMAZING. She has answered every question in detail to where I can understand what is going on. I’ve recommended her to all of my friends who are having fertility issues. Dr. Barker shows compassion and is just awesome! I lost my twins at 7 weeks and she had personally called me to check up on me after my D&C. I couldn’t ask for a better Fertility Specialist. Dr. Barker is number one in my book.
Dr. Barker diagnosed me with pcos in 2018, so she prescribed me metformin to regulate my cycles, and letrozole to help me ovulate. I did end up pregnant with twins! Unfortunately, my twins quit growing and I miscarried. I am not giving up hope, as we are trying again with the same method.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya Care Coordinater )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are very affordable!
We have not gotten to the point of embryo transfers. We are still trying out with letrozole and metformin and timed intercourse.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
We did a HSG [with Dr. Nichole Barker] to make sure my tubes weren’t blocked and then we did a round of Clomid with an HCG injection and a timed intercourse which resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2 more rounds of Clomid without any US or injection and no pregnancy... is exceptional and made me and my spouse feel comfortable and knowledgeable about our fertility issues and answered every concern and or questions we had and still have in our journey. She has compassion for her patient’s and makes them feel like they aren’t alone in this isolating process.
The location [of Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is a little hard to get to but not terrible. The atmosphere is very calming, stress free and inviting and the staff are very sincere in their work. We have always had a great experience. A new patient might want to know that most of the procedures take place in clinic and it’s very comfortable and clean...Anna is a fantastic nurse who has shown me such compassion and empathy with my fertility struggles and miscarriages. She always responds to my emails very quickly and kindly and if she doesn’t know the answer she is honest and always gets back to me with some kind of solution. She is a keeper!
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is a compassionate and personal provider who is extremely knowledgeable in her field and it shows during patient interactions. I feel like she has been very caring, informative and supportive during my infertility journey.
I would inform them that they would be in the care of a to the point and very wonderful provider.
This provider is exceptional and made me and my spouse feel comfortable and knowledgeable about our fertility issues and answered every concern and or questions we had and still have in our journey. She has compassion for her patient’s and makes them feel like they aren’t alone in this isolating process.
We did a HSG to make sure my tubes weren’t blocked and then we did a round of Clomid with an HCG injection and a timed intercourse which resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2 more rounds of Clomid without any US or injection and no pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anna)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The location is a little hard to get to but not terrible. The atmosphere is very calming, stress free and inviting and the staff are very sincere in their work. We have always had a great experience. A new patient might want to know that most of the procedures take place in clinic and it’s very comfortable and clean.
Over $1000
I like her approach to a single embryo transfer as it might have better outcome for a successful pregnancy!
2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Barker wasn’t present at every small visit (ie ultrasound or blood draw) but she was always available if I ever needed her. She was always reviewing my chart and making adjustments as she saw necessary...always asked or gave me options regarding which strategy we would go with. She knew that I really wanted to avoid multiples and we weren’t as much in a ‘hurry’ like we were when trying to get pregnant with the first baby. She also knew that because our insurance had changed since the last treatment a couple years prior, we didn’t have as much coverage so we were ok with going a little less aggressive/ slower.
[The staff at Seattle Reproductive Medicine are] very relatable, empathetic and definitely work to build those personal relationships with patients. I have absolutely nothing negative to say...Lexie, my nurse care coordinator wasn’t located in the office. I thought this was weird at first since I’ve still never met her in person, but after having her throughout my first treatment and this one, she’s the best. All communication is done via email or phone but you still really develop that relationship as if you’ve met. My nurse that did most of my ultrasounds Was Ruby Booras. She was just as amazing. She was always so nice and personable and we also developed a great relationship. There was another nurse Whitney that would do my ultrasounds when I couldn’t get in with Ruby and she wasn’t as personable in my opinion. Still nice enough, but didn’t have the similar demeanor as Ruby or Dr Barker.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker wasn’t present at every small visit (ie ultrasound or blood draw) but she was always available if I ever needed her. She was always reviewing my chart and making adjustments as she saw necessary. If I could have her as my OB throughout my pregnancy I would 100% choose her and her staff. They’re very relatable, empathetic and definitely work to build those personal relationships with patients. I have absolutely nothing negative to say.
Dr Barker was always warm, caring and knowledgeable. Her and her nurse Ruby always treated me so extremely well during my many appointments with them.
Dr. Barker always asked or gave me options regarding which strategy we would go with. She knew that I really wanted to avoid multiples and we weren’t as much in a ‘hurry’ like we were when trying to get pregnant with the first baby. She also knew that because our insurance had changed since the last treatment a couple years prior, we didn’t have as much coverage so we were ok with going a little less aggressive/ slower.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is extremely clean. The waiting room is small and can get a little cozy on a busy day, which can definitely be uncomfortable when you’re waiting with other emotional women and men. Other than that, the front desk staff seemed to change frequently but were always nice enough. Wait times weren’t often too long and if you did have to wait a bit, they were apologetic.
Everything was submitted to insurance and we were responsible for the balance.
Tacoma
[Dr. Nichole Barker is a] Great listener...Very personable, explains things well. I felt we discussed my history and came up with a game plan for me. Instead of being told what to do next. She has never made me feel rushed during appointments and always made sure all my questions were answered before leaving...I have done two IUI. The first I only used oral medication Letrozole . The second I did I did oral medication Letrozole and one injection (trigger) Having a hard time predicting my ovulation due to endometriosis I am getting set to do another IUI at the end of this month (April 2019). I am taking oral meds Letrozole and this time I am doing 4 FSH injections with a trigger shot before the IUI. If this IUI fails we will be doing IVF
Between the consultation the Ultrasound, medication and iUI it will be close to $1000 [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. Which is reasonable and they offer payment plans...From the moment I stepped into the clinic I felt that everyone there was extremely helpful and kind and made sure that myself and my husband understood the information that was being given... When my nurse was out I reached out and another nurse took care of my questions and concerns and I didn’t feel blown off that my nurse was out.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
She is great. Very personable, explains things well. I felt we discussed my history and came up with a game plan for me. Instead of being told what to do next. She has never made me feel rushed during appointments and always made sure all my questions were answered before leaving.
She’s great. Great listener
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: LaTanya)
Everyone I come into contact with at SRM has been extremely helpful kind during my care there. When my nurse was out I reached out and another nurse took care of my questions and concerns and I didn’t feel blown off that my nurse was out.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are great! Very kind, personable and very flexible in getting you in for an appointment. I love the patient portal and being able to communicate with my care team about anything that may come up
Some of my treatment was covered by insurance. However this last IUI is all out of pocket. Between the consultation the Ultrasound, medication and iUI it will be close to $1000. Which is reasonable and they offer payment plans
I just read her rationale on the SRM Facebook page this morning and it was very informative
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Barker was extremely empathetic when I did not become pregnant after my first doctor. Her comfort was much appreciated as well as her clinical opinion that I’d become pregnant at some point. I did!...is kind, knowledgeable, and practical. She gave us very good advice and allowed my husband and I to decide how aggressive we were with treatments. She also allowed us room to take breaks from treatment when it became emotionally exhausting.
Much communication [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] occurs through a nurse via a web portal...I never got to meet my nurse in person but did build a good rapport with her electronically...With the attain program, we spent approximately 30,000 for IVF but that included up to three retrievals (I only needed one) and unlimited transfers until the first pregnancy...The clinic is always improving its client support and communication which is much appreciated. It nice to have a large team of practitioners to draw from so there is never a problem with timing or getting in for a particular appointment.
How was your experience with Nichole Barker at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Barker is kind, knowledgeable, and practical. She gave us very good advice and allowed my husband and I to decide how aggressive we were with treatments. She also allowed us room to take breaks from treatment when it became emotionally exhausting.
You don’t get to see her at every appointment. Much communication occurs through a nurse via a web portal.