Medical SchoolWayne State U
FellowshipU of Texas - San Antonio
1500 W. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48084
1-800-436-7936
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nicole Budrys to a friend?

7.2

5.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Henry Ford Medical Center to a friend?
She's very thorough I really appreciate a doctor who is. She is also honest, positive, and optimistic. She also listens to her patients!... Dr. Budrys performed a saline infusion hysterography to check all my parts. She also ran other important tests prior to the laid out treatment plan. She first started me on Clomid with an hcg trigger shot.... She was ontop of everything and laid out a very detailed plan. She also listens to her patients!
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
I like that her and Dr. Strickler have an open line of communication. Also love the fact that it's through my preferred hospital. I went to her after our third loss. She was ontop of everything and laid out a very detailed plan. She also listens to her patients!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Be open with her! She'll listen and adjust things on a personal level.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Describe the protocols Nicole Budrys used in your cycles at Henry Ford Medical Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Budrys performed a saline infusion hysterography to check all my parts. She also ran other important tests prior to the laid out treatment plan. She first started me on Clomid with an hcg trigger shot. My ovaries responded well and unfortunately we did not get pregnant. Then we did a second round with same results. I then requested to be switched to femara. That cycle was a bust since I had ovulated early on my own. Then I had a leftover cyst from the previous cycle. Every cycle I was monitored closely and given instructions. Every cycle I did produce mature follicles. I think timing was off maybe. With all that id continue with them as I like them and they know my history.
The nursing staff are incredibly nice and sensitive to all of our needs. Very helpful and understanding!
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
My only thing is I wish they had more locations. It is a far drive for me. Also I had noticed that when I asked to be on Femara they had thought I already was. I was on Clomid actually. Just better communication between staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center.
As having recurrent losses they're able to Bill it accordingly. The only costs I encountered we're medications not covered by my insurance. Which was the ovidrel hcg trigger shot. The staff there know how to Bill it right.
Troy

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys was initially very warm and reassuring. She explained clearly what would happen in upcoming appointments. I had a fibroid that needed assessing, so I had a saline sonogram and some bloodwork. After my bloodwork I heard back quickly that my hormone levels were good. My saline sonogram was separate, and at that appointment she stated that I needed laparoscopic surgery. She referred me to a surgeon stating that I needed laparoscopic surgery rather than a hysteroscopy because of the size and location of my fibroid. I went to see the surgeon, and the surgeon stated that I needed a hysteroscopy not a laparoscopic procedure. I returned to Dr. Budrys who told me she disagreed with the surgeon. I wanted a hysteroscopy or at least to discuss it, and Dr. Budrys seemed to dismiss me. At that point I decided on a second opinion.
Do your own research and don’t be afraid to ask questions or push for your needs.
Dr. Budrys took time to explain my condition to me. On one occasion a medical student joined our conversation. I wasn’t informed in advance and this felt funny.
The nurses did quickly answer questions. After I had heavy bleeding following a procedure, I was concerned and felt a little brushed off.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The clinic was able to quickly offer me an appointment. From there, scheduling procedures was very quick. For example I had an initial appointment on a Friday and had my saline sonogram the following Monday. The wait time at the office is very quick. I liked that I met with the doctor in her office (like with her desk and computer) rather than in an exam room. Since I wasn’t having an exam, I felt more at ease in the office.
My costs were covered by insurance.
Describe Nicole Budrys's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Henry Ford Medical Center.

How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Dr. Budrys gave us a diagnosis without all of the proper testing. We received an MFI diagnosis without a full workup on my husband. She was reluctant to give him a recommendation to see the reproductive urologist she worked with so we could give him a full exam. She made her diagnosis off of one semen analysis. She also did not do complete testing on me. She recommended IVF right away for us, without giving us all the information. We wound up seeking a second opinion, as Dr. Budrys was not communicative when we would not agree on the spot to IVF. I'm glad we sought the 2nd opinion, because it turned out we could easily treat my husband's condition. And the 2nd doctor we saw completed all the tests that SHOULD have been done with me, and we found some major issues that would have made IVF difficult if we had not found out before. We were given and IVF w/ ICSI option with our second doctor, after getting some other issues in check with our second doctor. I was not at all comfortable with Dr. Budrys and felt like we were a money making opportunity with her. She didn't seem to like, or seemed off put, when we asked questions, or wanted her to dive a little bit more into her reasoning so we could fully understand our situation. I know there are a couple of positive reviews for her on here, but that was far from our experience with her.
Do your research, make sure you have all of the information before making a decision, and don't feel pressured to make an on the spot decision. Do your research on all of the testing that is usually done for a standard fertility work up, and listen to your gut. I knew she wasn't doing tests that seemed like they should have been done to get a complete baseline. I'm glad I listened to my instincts.
Dr. Budrys spent very little time with us at the appointments we had with her. When she gave us our diagnosis, she asked for money up front, and got upset when we wanted to think about our treatment decision before spending $10,000+ dollars.
I do not recommend the IVF protocol she outlined for us. The decision was made without full testing on me & my husband.
The nursing staff was so-so. They could have used a lot more communication. I would get calls last minute for blood work before a test or procedure, and not be able to get there in time. For example, calling me the afternoon before my 8:00 AM HSG telling me I needed a blood pregnancy test, when the nearest lab to my office was 45 minutes away, and I was travelling for work that day. And I had already done a blood pregnancy test 7 days prior. The nursing staff didn't seem fully prepared when I saw them for some procedures. Dr. Budrys was overseeing a nurse doing my HSG, and the nurse did not seem well trained on the procedure and I definitely felt like a "practice" patient.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
There wasn't much communication with the clinic honestly. They weren't overly communicative, but weren't terrible either. It was tough to get basic information at times though. There didn't seem to be much support staff at the clinic if we had follow up questions or needed to call. We dealt with a couple of nurses and Dr. Budrys herself. I wish they would have had more basic information available to us up front about procedures, costs, etc.
We spent probably around $1,000 out of pocket for the testing she did do. She quoted us between $10-$20,000 for the IVF Cycle we decided not to pursue with her.
Troy

Dr. Budrys is probably a great doctor if you have a well known fertility issue like PCOS. However, I felt like my concerns weren't taken seriously because the common tests were considered normal. The fact that I am infertile didn't warrant additional blood work from the doctor. I never got my progesterone, estrogen, AMH, or FH blood work done because, apparently, I "ovulate normally" and I'm "young." If you have unexplained infertility, I don't know if Dr. Budrys is the doctor for you.
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Demand answers and you may need to verbally request blood work like AMH, FH, and estrogen.
The doctor did not ask me personal questions or test me for anything other than common fertility probelms like PCOS.
Dr. Budry follows standard protocol. For unexplained: started with clomid, IUI x 4 trial next, and then IVF.
I didn't meet any of the nurses.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The receptionist is very friendly. The clinic was clean, and I never had to wait long. Results were posted on the mychart website quickly. Appointments for various tests were not hard to get. My only problem was the lack of personalized care.
Costs for tests (ultrasound, HSG) were high but that was due to my insurance.

2013 - 2017
Dr. Budrys and her staff were always available for questions or concerns...Dr. Budrys is honest about success rates and clearly informed me about risks and the challenges in fertility treatments. Every visit she spent a good length of time explaining and answering every question.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Nicole Budrys at Henry Ford Medical Center?
Be prepared with questions!
Dr. Budrys and her staff were always available for questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Medical Center.
The clinic has very good hours to accommodate all schedules. The tech get blood draws done quickly as well as the ultrasound techs.
My insurance covered part of the cost. IUI was about $300 each try plus medication. Egg retrieval, ICIS, IVF was about $10,000. Medication was another $2,500. FET is $3,000 plus cost of medication