Nicole Kummer

Scottsdale
9819 North 95th Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-874-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nicole Kummer to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona to a friend?
My dosages were adjusted [by Dr. Kummer] based on monitoring. I then used a Lupron trigger instead of an HCG trigger in order to prevent OHSS. I ended up having 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, and 4 made it to the blastocyst stage...never ever treated us like a number. Every time we saw her, she took her time, got to know us as people (not just patients), and truly cared about us. In addition, all care was personalized to us, not just a standard "we will do this".
How was your experience with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
We met with Dr. Kummer after switching from another local clinic that was unwilling to do the same protocol with us that was successful with our son 3 years earlier. From the moment she started talking with us, my husband and I knew that we had found the perfect fit for us to continue our journey. Since we already knew our diagnosis, we moved straight to an IUI. Dr. Kummer made it pretty clear that because of my diagnosis, an IUI with oral medications would be our best option, not using injectables. After a failed IUI, not at all her fault, I sat down with Dr. Kummer, and we decided that IVF was our best option. Continuing to do IUIs did not make much sense to us financially. However, Dr. Kummer NEVER pushed us to IVF. I'm so grateful for that. Moving to IVF is a large decision, and I'm happy we came to that on our own with her support. We had some bumps during our IVF cycle, and Dr. Kummer was so great at communicating with me and helping me to be less anxious. She understood my anxieties and didn't make me feel like I was stupid or irrational, instead just took the time to reassure and show compassion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Ask her any questions that you have! She will not hide stuff from you and won't judge you. She is great at explaining and taking time to discuss everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona?
Dr. Kummer never ever treated us like a number. Every time we saw her, she took her time, got to know us as people (not just patients), and truly cared about us. In addition, all care was personalized to us, not just a standard "we will do this". She was honest with us about what she thought would get us the best results, and also cared about our feelings. She is truly a gem in the fertility world!
Describe the protocols Nicole Kummer used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona and their degree of success.
My IUI cycle was 5 mg days 5-9, then monitored, and using stair step method with 5mg for five more days. Resulted in only one follicle. Negative pregnancy test. My IVF cycle was a mix of Gonal-F, Menopur, and Ganirelix. My dosages were adjusted based on monitoring. I then used a Lupron trigger instead of an HCG trigger in order to prevent OHSS. I ended up having 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, and 4 made it to the blastocyst stage. We did PGS testing and 3 were normal. The cycle was a freeze all. Approximately 6 weeks after IVF we did a frozen embryo transfer with one embryo. For this, I started with estrogen patches, then added estrogen pills based on my blood work. 5 days before transfer, we started progesterone in oil injections. Medicine is then continued until week 10. The transfer was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona. (Assigned nurse: Sandy)
The whole staff, including all nurses, assistants, and secretaries, at the clinic was amazing! Sandy, the IVF coordinator, was so sweet. I called her multiple times after hours and she never ever sounded frustrated with my questions. She also had to do a lot of reassuring for me! The other nurses and staff were SO great, too. They were always happy and outgoing when they saw me and would help to comfort me after some tough ultrasounds. It truly felt like family. I wish I could go there for my whole pregnancy!
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
A huge strength to this clinic is that you see a doctor at EVERY visit! This is not typical, but is SO important to me and my husband. A doctor performs every ultrasound and is able to tell you what they are thinking right then. In addition, it really makes you feel that they care about you more instead of just being a number. I really can't think of any weaknesses. There are three doctors at the clinic, and you will likely see them all. Dr. Kummer and Dr. Larsen are a bit more specific and compassionate in their explanations. They take a lot of time with you. My experience with Dr. Z was that he was more blunt and not as descriptive, often causing me more anxiety than needed. Once you see all three, try to schedule around your preferred provider(s).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Our IVF cycle with PGS and ICSI was approximately $16,525.
Describe Nicole Kummer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.
Advanced Fertility Care doctor strongly encourage, but do not mandate, an eSET.
Nicole Kummer
Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona
Scottsdale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nicole Kummer at Advanced Fertility Care of Arizona.