Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipCornell
660 1st Avenue
212-263-7629
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nicole Noyes to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend NYU to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. Noyes] might not be characterized as overtly warm & friendly - her manner is more grounded, straightforward, blunt. I really appreciated this about her. Her direct manner and her honest, thoughtful input (as I made the decision to try this) was what I wanted and needed. I never felt rushed with her but also her directness cut to the heart of the matter so we were not wasting time in our meetings either. I found her to have an intelligent, dry sense of humor which I appreciated. She is very no-nonsense and can seem a bit distant as a result;
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
She might not be characterized as overtly warm & friendly - her manner is more grounded, straightforward, blunt. I really appreciated this about her. Her direct manner and her honest, thoughtful input (as I made the decision to try this) was what I wanted and needed. I never felt rushed with her but also her directness cut to the heart of the matter so we were not wasting time in our meetings either. I found her to have an intelligent, dry sense of humor which I appreciated. She is very no-nonsense and can seem a bit distant as a result; however, she clearly cares about her work, her patients and helping them make a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU?
Don't expect warm & fuzzy, but you'll get so much more that this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
A few aspects of my specific situation (which also then changed from first visit in 2015 to 2017/18) made the decision to try IVF a personal challenge to work through. She actively and patiently listened to me with each visit over the several year period before deciding to try it. Without trying to sway me either way, she offered her honest input - both the statistics/facts but also (and more importantly) her experience and observations as someone who has worked with many women though this decision and process.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU and their degree of success.
I am just about to have my retrieval (tomorrow) so unclear yet how things will go in terms of a successful cycle or not. This is my first IVF cycle but in talking with others, I think what I was on was very typical. Menopur 300, gonal-f 300 - daily for 8 days w/ antagonist Centrotide last 3-4 (?) days. Ovadril trigger shot. I am old to be trying this (45) but my hormones and all that can be tested leading up to this indicated it was still a possibility, though a long shot (Dr Noyes was clear about this but also not hopeless).
Overall i think they are too overloaded. They do very well given this, but I think it can at times compromise their focus and care. I have found them primarily to be professional, knowledgeable, friendly and understanding of the trial the IVF experience is. But I did sometimes feel shuttled through an assembly line at times. At times they seemed as grumpy as we were to be there at 7 a.m. on a Sunday.
Describe your experience with NYU.
This has been my only experience with a fertility clinic so i don't have anything to compare it to. NYU I think is one of the larger 'factory' types of fertility clinics. And, at times I did feel that. But, that said, they do have a pretty well-oiled efficient system and I felt confident I was in good hands and that if my cycle was cancelled at any point it would not have been due to human error or balls dropped. Also, in spite of the assembly line feel at times, most of the staff (medical and administrative) I encountered were friendly and had a personality and tried to make a human connection for that brief encounter. Overall, I was impressed that everyone clearly had a sense of and respect for the difficulty & expense of this process. This was reflected in the tone of the facility and the care at each turn.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
It was well orchestrated for sure. I was never there for longer than felt appropriate for what needed to happen that visit. It was not perfect (first couple times, it wasn't clear who I was seeing for the ultra sounds (a doctor, my doctor, a tech?) or what they were looking for with the first couple visits) but I advocated for myself and if asked for more info immediately got it & the nurse realized she had been too quick.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
it is the same as far as i know for all the docs at nyu... nyu cycle is 11,700 because I'm doing PGS (PGS is another 2-3,000 i think it is ...plus the outside lab fees)...there are other fees too. If I make it to transfer that will be 2,000 i think
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU.
Her policy I assume is that of NYU's, which is single only - they wont do multiples. Higher risk of multiple pregnancies compromising heath and development of each other. I'd be a single mom if this works...so twins was not something I was eager to get out of this anyway.
NY - 1st Ave
I'm undergoing treatments as a single mother by choice. From the beginning Dr. Noyes has shared personal anecdotes and resource suggestions that support and validate this path. She's been candid about my treatment options and built a plan that is well-suited to my situation and personal desires...If you are comfortable with a straightforward/blunt doctor that you can count on to listen to you and help you shape a plan based on your individual needs, then she is for you.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
I like a straightforward doctor, which Dr. Noyes is. That doesn't mean she lacks compassion, just that like me, she gets to the point and I feel confident that she understands my situation and is committed to helping me get the results I want. While I am only about a third of the way through my overall fertility plan, my interactions with her so far have made me feel heard and given me hope that this process will be successful. Dr. Noyes has created a plan that perfectly aligns with the desires I shared with her, and as we've hit bumps in the road (like a miscarriage after success with my first IUI treatment), she's been compassionate and adjusted our plan accordingly.
If you are comfortable with a straightforward/blunt doctor that you can count on to listen to you and help you shape a plan based on your individual needs, then she is for you. If you need someone to hand-hold you every step of the way, she might not be... but I've found her to be a caring and comforting doctor.
I'm undergoing treatments as a single mother by choice. From the beginning Dr. Noyes has shared personal anecdotes and resource suggestions that support and validate this path. She's been candid about my treatment options and built a plan that is well-suited to my situation and personal desires to "get this done as quickly as possible." She takes the time to listen to me and always answers my full list of questions. When I miscarried, she was sympathetic, but remains positive about the likelihood of me successfully carrying to term in the future. Additionally, her assistant Alyssa is a pleasure to work with and helps me squeeze into see her or speak with her when I have questions. I have never felt like a number or like I was on a conveyor belt at her practice.
There are several nurses that handle the IUI process and all of them have been pleasant to work with. Despite treating a large number of patients, they frequently remember my name and treatment history without having to look at my chart. They've helped keep me positive about this process and frequently done a good job at answering questions before I even think to ask them.
Describe your experience with NYU.
I believe this is a top rated clinic in the U.S. for a reason. I've had several friends have success with this practice, and I chose it because I truly believe they're experts in this field and can help me get results. Make no mistake, it is a large practice and if you meander into the office during the last 15 minutes of Morning Monitoring hours on a weekend, it's going to be standing room only and it is going to take a while to be seen. That said, all of the staff have treated me with courtesy and care and I have never been made to feel like a number - despite clearly knowing that I am one of a large number of patients.
9 Eggs Frozen
I felt like she understood me and didn't judge me....When I came out of moderate sedation, i was very tearful that only 2 eggs had been retrieved. In their make shift PACU she [Dr. Nicole Noyes] seemed rushed and didn't really console me. I guess she was busy, but it did put me off a bit with her. I also didn't feel like she really adjusted my hormone dosages the second time to yield more eggs. I felt like she kept the same protocol sh had for my first retrieval. I wish she would have altered it and maybe I would have gotten more eggs.
9 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
I felt she showed compassion on my initial visits. My first retrieval yielded 7 eggs. My second only 2. When I came out of moderate sedation, i was very tearful that only 2 eggs had been retrieved. In their make shift PACU she seemed rushed and didn't really console me. I guess she was busy, but it did put me off a bit with her. I also didn't feel like she really adjusted my hormone dosages the second time to yield more eggs. I felt like she kept the same protocol sh had for my first retrieval. I wish she would have altered it and maybe I would have gotten more eggs.
She is very open with sharing her own personal stories, but she isn't warm and fuzzy. If you are looking for warm and fuzzy, you won't get that from her.
She was very candid about her own personal life. She made me feel like she could relate to my plight of being a physician, busy, hard working and having not met the right man yet. She was very forthright about her own struggles as a female physician. I felt like she understood me and didn't judge me.
She used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelex
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Autumn Arroyo)
Autumn is awesome. She is very compassionate, patient and sweet. I really like her as my coordinator.
Describe your experience with NYU.
It is a busy clinic. It's like the DMV. Take a number and you will be called. Packed to the gills!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
A cattle call. So many women there waiting for labs and sono. Very busy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
10k for the procedure/labs/sonograms (all those included under the number), about 10k for all the meds(depending on how your body responds to her treatment plan with meds can make cheaper or more expensive), 1200-1400 for anesthesiologist for egg retrieval
2011 - 2015
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you....She is skilled doctor and knows her stuff. But do not expect a warm and fuzzy doctor.
2011 - 2015
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
Dr Noyes is a competent doctor and is a good diagnostician. She was on target with her predictions. Her demeanor is not for everyone. She is blunt and some people take offense at her bluntness. I appreciated it and had no fertility issues (I froze and when I was ready I conceived) so it worked for me. But I am not sure if I were looking for hand holding that she would be the first doctor to whom I would go.
I was very lucky and had a successful egg cycle and transfer. Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you.
I had one cycle and folistom was the primary medicine used. My trigger shot was changed at the end to Lupron to avoid overstimulation.
The nursing staff was good and was responsive to calls.
Describe your experience with NYU.
The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs. I had twenty seven eggs in one cycle. When I wanted to get pregnant, I was successful on the first try. I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
You had to go in between 7-9;00 am in the morning. I suppose if I had an issue, I could have asked for a special appointment. But I did not have occasion to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
My exams before the egg freezing cycle and before I decided to get pregnant were covered as were my visits after I became pregnant. My medications for the freezing cycle and for pregnancy were covered. The rest was not. For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
I think my doctor's approach was dead on. She recommended PGS and after the results, she recommended a single embryo transfer. Given the problems, I have seen with twins, particularly with older women-I would highly recommend this approach.
What specific things went wrong at NYU?
2010 - 2011
13 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
She [Dr. Noyes] is a guru in the field and has special expertise around protecting women like myself who are also undergoing treatment for breast cancer. It was disappointing to me that I only saw Dr. Noyes though at the initial consultation and then at the egg retrievals...Dr. Noyes took a lengthy amount of time with me at my initial consultation...Don't expect warm and fuzzy but a very experienced doctor who will get you good results..She explained things very clearly and took time with me as I was overwhelmed by the whole process.
2010 - 2011
13 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
She is a guru in the field and has special expertise around protecting women like myself who are also undergoing treatment for breast cancer. It was disappointing to me that I only saw Dr. Noyes though at the initial consultation and then at the egg retrievals.
Dr. Noyes took a lengthy amount of time with me at my initial consultation. She explained things very clearly and took time with me as I was overwhelmed by the whole process.
I do not remember the entire regiment of medicine I took but I did take the follicle stimulating hormone Gonal F my first round and then switched to a different stimulating medicine the second round in an effort to produce more eggs; although, I produced about the same amount. I was also on Femara to protect me as I had hormone related breast cancer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Wana)
I did not have a care coordinator but Wana was very involved in my care. She was helpful at instructing me about how to do the injections. Also, she assisted me when I ran out of medicine and needed to expedite orders the pharmacy.
Describe your experience with NYU.
The clinic gets good results which is the most important thing. However, it does feel like a factory with so many people going in and out of the clinic and meeting different doctors and different nurses each time you visit the clinic.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
The clinic was open between 7am and 9am which made it very convenient with work. For the most part, the wait was about 15 minutes. The clinic ran fairly smoothly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
I received financial assistance from Live Strong so each cycle was discounted. My cost per cycle was $6750.
2009 - 2010
33 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Noyes] spent a lot of time asking me questions about myself, family, job, education, social life etc. She really wanted to know who should could be working with. She made me feel like I was doing the right thing, and that I was light years ahead of my counterparts. It was obvious from this meeting that Dr. Noyes's compassion and bedside manner matched my needs. Once my cycles started I did not see Dr. Noyes very often. I saw her an average of 2 times per cycle, and Dr. Noyes did not do either of my two retrievals...
2009 - 2010
33 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
Our initial meeting with her lasted almost an hour. She spent a lot of time asking me questions about myself, family, job, education, social life etc. She really wanted to know who should could be working with. She made me feel like I was doing the right thing, and that I was light years ahead of my counterparts. It was obvious from this meeting that Dr. Noyes's compassion and bedside manner matched my needs. Once my cycles started I did not see Dr. Noyes very often. I saw her an average of 2 times per cycle, and Dr. Noyes did not do either of my two retrievals.
Be ready to have complete strangers give you internal ultrasounds at 7:05 am. If you this bothers you, than NYU, Cornell, or any big time center, is not the place. Talk to the person in the finance office that deals with medications and insurance. I was able to get my medication covered through Aenta Speciality Pharmacy. Aetna themselves did not tell me this, one of the patient coordinators at NYU told me to go through Aenta Speciality Pharmacy. The medications are brutal but you just need to power through it with your eye on the end result. Write everything down the doctors and nurses tell you during monitoring and nightly calls. Stay organized by inputting your medication doses and timing on the calendar on your phone. Keep track of your medication supplies daily, and check with the doctors/nurse weekly to be sure you have the correct supplies and enough medication to complete your cycle. Never give up. After having my first cycle cancelled I was devastated. I pushed through and ended up with 34 eggs...
Round 1: Non-Lupron Cycle (10/27/09-11/4/09) - Cycle Cancelled 10/27/09: Nothing 10/28/09: Blood work and Ultrasound- saw Dr. Noyes: 450 Follistim pm 10/29/09: 225 Follistim am & 225 Follistim am 10/30/09: 225 Follistim am & 225 Follistim am 10/31/09: Blood work and Ultrasound - did not see Dr. Noyes, saw a fellow: 450 Follistim pm 11/01/09: 450 Follistim pm 11/02/09: Blood work and Ultrasound - did not see Dr. Noyes, saw a fellow, only 4 eggs, was told by fellow that these were disappointing results. The fellow was also about 8 months pregnant, so that did not help the situation. Antagon injected at NYU, 450 Follistim pm 11/03/09: Antagon am & 450 Follistim pm 11/04/09: Blood work and Ultrasound- saw Dr. Noyes, only 2 eggs, cycle cancelled. HcG shot taken at home Round 2: Lupron Cycle (11/11/09-12/10/09) - 12 eggs 11/11/09-11/22/09 - .1 injection of Lupron 11/23/09 - Blood work and Ultrasound - did not see Dr. Noyes, saw a fellow, possibility of cysts 11/23/09 - 11/27/09 - .5 Lupron 11/25/09 - Blood work and Ultrasound - saw Dr. Noyes, possibility of cysts so may delay start 11/28/09 - ok'd to start - .5 Lupron, 450 Follistim, 150 Menpur 11/29/09 - .5 Lupron & 450 Follistim am, 150 Menpur pm 11/30/09 - .5 Lupron & 450 Follistim am, 150 Menpur pm 12/01/09 - Blood work - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/02/09 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/03/09 - Blood work and Ultrasound - did not see Dr. Noyes, 9 eggs, .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/04/09 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/05/09 - Blood work and Ultrasound - did not see Dr. Noyes, 9 eggs, .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/06/09 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/07/09 - Blood work and Ultrasound - saw Dr. Noyes, 9 eggs, .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 12/08/09 - Blood work 0- HcG shot at 11pm 12/09/09 - nothing 12/10/09 - retrieval - 12 eggs Round 3: Lupron Cycle (01/08/10-02/20/10) - 22 eggs ( I didn't seem to write down when I saw Dr. Noyes at morning monitoring) 01/08/10 - 1/26/10 -Blood work and Ultrasounds every 3 days. Progesterone levels were low, ovulation was delayed, and there was a cyst on my ovary. 01/27/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - saw Dr. Noyes - got the ok to start as ovulation had occurred. 01/28/ - 02/05/10 - .1 Lupron until period 02/05/10 - Day 1 of cycle. Called NYU to let them know that I had gotten my period and did not receive a call back 02/06/10 - continued the .1 of Lupron. Did not hear from NYU all day. Called at 5:30pm, got a call back at 7pm from a doctor I had never met. 02/07/10 - .1 Lupron 02/08/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - ok'd to officially start stims - .1 of Lupron in the am, .5 Lupron, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur in the pm 02/09/10 - .5 Lupron & 450 Follistim am, and 150 Menpur pm 02/10/10 - .5 Lupron & 450 Follistim am, and 150 Menpur pm 02/11/10 - Blood work - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/12/10 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/13/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/14/10 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/15/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/16/10 - .5 Lupron am, 450 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/17/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - .5 Lupron am, 150 Follistim & 150 Menpur pm 02/18/10 - Blood work and Ultrasound - .5 Lupron am, 11pm HcG 02/19/10 - Blood work 02/20/10 - Retrieval - 22 eggs
The nurses were amazing. I was coming in from Westchester and needed to get back to work in Westchester by 8:30 am, so I would get to monitoring at 6:30 am. They did their best to take me back first each morning, which was a huge relief.
10k for Each egg retrieval and close to 2k for meds each round
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Noyes was straightforward, candid, warm but a bit brisk (I am OK with that), and made it clear that she would give you as much or as little detail as you wanted. She told me at the first visit that she thought she could get me pregnant "one way or another," and she did...Dr. Noyes discharged me from the fertility clinic at 3 months but sent a lovely note when my first daughter was born. Somewhat amazingly, I got pregnant again -- also the old-fashioned way -- when daughter #1 was 6 months old. Even though Dr. Noyes had nothing to do with that (except, perhaps, in the karmic sphere) and she sent another lovely note when my second daughter was born. Both girls are now in high school...
3 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
I saw Dr. Noyes a long time ago -- 1999-2000. I was 42 years old and had failed a number of IUI and IVC rounds with injectable hormones, as well as two previous donor egg attempts at a different clinic. Dr. Noyes was straightforward, candid, warm but a bit brisk (I am OK with that), and made it clear that she would give you as much or as little detail as you wanted. She told me at the first visit that she thought she could get me pregnant "one way or another," and she did. She originally planned to go straight to a donor egg cycle, but while waiting for a donor I unexpectedly got pregnant the old fashioned way (courtesy of my husband) for about ten minutes, until I had an early miscarriage. Still, that was enough evidence to prompt Dr. Noyes to suggest one more cycle using my own eggs. We tried that, but it did not work. Next, a donor became available and we had a long talk about how many embryos to implant. I wanted to be aggressive, in light of my age and history. Dr. Noyes eventually agreed to 4, with all kinds of contingency plans if I ended up with too many. As it turned out, one took. Dr. Noyes discharged me from the fertility clinic at 3 months but sent a lovely note when my first daughter was born. Somewhat amazingly, I got pregnant again -- also the old-fashioned way -- when daughter #1 was 6 months old. Even though Dr. Noyes had nothing to do with that (except, perhaps, in the karmic sphere) and she sent another lovely note when my second daughter was born. Both girls are now in high school.
Don't be shy. She responds well to questions: ask them.
Dr. Noyes treated me like a human being. Sometimes I felt like a bit of a number while waiting to see her and while interacting with others at NYU. it is a big place.
See above. I don't remember any of the names of the drugs.
The nurses were generally efficient and competent, and most were also friendly. But it is a big staff and you did not always gets someone you felt simpatico with.
Describe your experience with NYU.
Strengths: top talent, eminent research and treating physicians, deep bench, efficient protocols. Weaknesses: big place, big staff, standardization can make certain aspects of treatment feel cookie-cutter. Also, they were constantly asking for money up front. I know the process is expensive, and I know insurance often doesn't cover it, or doesn't cover much, but sometimes I felt like NYU was more interested in my wallet than my womb.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
Don't recall the details. It was a lot, and most was not covered by insurance.
2003 - 2010
She [Dr. Noyes at NYU] is smart, and tells it like it is. I appreciated her sense of humor. I didn't ask alot of questions, because I didn't feel the need to. I'm not a doctor, but I am smart, and I trusted her expertise. If you are older, she indicates that will work against you. She did follow up with me....Be prepared that she will be honest. She is not going to sugar coat your chances.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
She is smart, and tells it like it is. I appreciated her sense of humor. I didn't ask alot of questions, because I didn't feel the need to. I'm not a doctor, but I am smart, and I trusted her expertise. If you are older, she indicates that will work against you. She did follow up with me.
Had direct contact with her and discussed the treatment failures, she felt the disappointment I experienced as well.
I was prescribed the usual IVF protocols and each cycle produced eggs and embryos, but for some reason there was a failure to implant.
A multitude of ages and personalities. All competent, all caring. Some were better at explanations and follow through, but I did not have any negative experiences. I also liked to talk to them and show an interest in their own lives, they knew so much about me, I felt they would like someone to show an interest in what was happening in their lives.
Describe your experience with NYU.
The facility, I felt, was private and the nurses took care of you. The billing was the billing, who likes to hand over $10K, but the billing staff was pleasant and provided me with what I needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
Depended on the day, I was taken in the order I got there. Sometimes there was a line, sometimes not. I tried to get there early and get in and out.
$8K per cycle
2006 - 2017
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
I have a long-standing relationship with Dr. Noyes and she treats me like an old friend. She has shown that she cares about me and my outcomes...Dr. Noyes is a skilled and experienced clinician. I have personally had only good experiences as her patient. I have referred several other people to her and they did not have as positive experiences as I did.
2006 - 2017
IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
To be personally on top of her own treatment cycle and insist on getting explanations if she notices any discrepencies or if something seems wrong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU.
She was always pleasant and clear in her communication.
Describe your experience with NYU.
This clinic has a lot of experience and has worked with many, many clients so they have well developed protocols. Sometimes; however, because they do the treatments so often it becomes routine and they miss things that they should notice that do not exactly fit into their routine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU.
Monitoring was done in the mornings and the wait times varied at different points.
I didn't feel that there was a definitive approach being recommended and I got some confusing advice when it came time for my embryo transfer. I also didn't feel that it was discussed fully and properly in advance.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be ready for the most direct doctor you have ever met...Dr. Noyes gave me assurance that she would do everything she could to get me pregnant as soon as possible. She could have had me go through 5 more IUs, but instead she understood my urgency and went straight for IVF...She is extremely straight forward and was confident that her team would do what needed to get done to get the results we were looking for. After a couple years of trying, I was very skeptical of a new fertility doctor but she gave me an assurance when others would not. She looked me square in the face after I sat in her office sobbing that she would get me pregnant. And I believed her and 4 months later she did.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
Be ready for the most direct doctor you have ever met.
The nursing staff was very sweet and efficient, i never had to wait too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
My insurance covered the IVF process so the costs were minimal. If your company is willing, definitely speak to them about adding ART coverage to the health insurance plan. It is NOT considerably more expensive for the org.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr Noyes has very practical and no nonsense approach. I felt we were on the same page about my treatment plan and the possible outcomes....Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds...If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you..
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you. Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance.
Describe your experience with NYU.
NYU is a big clinic but they are a well oiled machine. Arrive early for daily monitoring and you will get in and out quickly. All the nurses are fantastic and billing dept is very easy to deal with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU.
I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs.
2009 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
I really can't say enough good things about Dr. Noyes. After our very long tenure at NYU, I missed her...Dr. Noyes is very honest and straightforward. Sometimes the truth is pretty ugly, but the sooner you know what your situation is, the sooner you can figure out the best course of action.
2009 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU?
Dr. Noyes enabled us to have our family, so she will always hold a very special place in my heart. We did get to know her perhaps a little more personally than most patients, which just made my husband and I respect her even more. I really can't say enough good things about Dr. Noyes. After our very long tenure at NYU, I missed her.
From our first meeting, Dr. Noyes made us feel like we were in this together and that she was confident that based on my previous cycles, she could get us pregnant. She is very honest and straightforward, something that we value very much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: It varied by cycle)
They are all professionals yet they understand the emotions that infertility brings about and they are very sensitive to that.