Kindbody

Bryant Park
693 5th Ave
1-855-KND-BODY

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Noyes is intelligent, has a lot of expertise and experience and is very kind. I have no doubt that she is a skilled doctor and truly cares about her patients. However, ultimately the care provided under her supervision was not something I would recommend to anyone. I have never felt so confused and poorly informed, and have never met with such barriers to information. Even simple things were not explained. It was needlessly stressful...
While the nurses and staff [at Northwell Health] were kind, I would show up and nothing was ever explained. I asked about tests and wasn't given a clear answer. Then doctors mentioned in passing about how I was a "challenging case" and told me that my AMH was incredibly low...The clinic needs to take a moment to explain test results to patients and to let them know about the process. Test results weren't uploaded to the website, appointments weren't confirmed, a nurse forgot to tell me a medication that I should take, and no expectations as to how the process actually would occur was communicated beyond sending some videos. It was a really bad experience.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Your care will primarily be provided by people other than Dr. Noyes. If you would like to speak to her directly, you will have to wait to a month. If a doctor says that you should speak to her, you'll have to explain that to her assistant because information is not communicated from doctors to staff (or vice versa), and so you'll be the party responsible for trying to explain something you may barely understand yourself.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
While the nurses and staff were kind, I would show up and nothing was ever explained. I asked about tests and wasn't given a clear answer. Then doctors mentioned in passing about how I was a "challenging case" and told me that my AMH was incredibly low. I don't expect a lot in terms of communication, but this was a dehumanizing and demoralizing experience. The clinic needs to take a moment to explain test results to patients and to let them know about the process. Test results weren't uploaded to the website, appointments weren't confirmed, a nurse forgot to tell me a medication that I should take, and no expectations as to how the process actually would occur was communicated beyond sending some videos. It was a really bad experience.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Rationale or medication options were never discussed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
They just took my blood and advised me to watch a video on how to do injections.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
This clinic felt chaotic, rushed and disorganized. The patient coordinator all but disappeared. Every time I was told that someone would contact me, it did not occur. There is a disconnect where it seems that staff and doctors don't communicate or are unsure as to how to initiate treatment, so it was a battle to even get to the first appointment. And even after it was scheduled, I was unsure what the appointment was for or what the protocol would be. I am still trying to sort out billing issues - the coordinator said that she contacted the labs, but they seemed to be surprised and said that they never heard from her. And after months I'm being billed as self-pay despite having insurance. This was a truly dark and depressing experience, and I have never walked away feeling so negatively about any medical provider.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Nicole Noyes
Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)
New York City

2010 - 2019, Consult
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks...I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment...The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed.
During my egg freezing in 2010, Dr. Noyes was warm and compassionate. I had no idea what to expect - I was 24, facing a serious cancer diagnosis, had never considered my fertility, and was simultaneously preparing for (and then recovering from) a bilateral mastectomy and preparing for chemotherapy. Dr. Noyes was reassuring and had a very good understanding of how to fit my treatments together. I had a condom break while preparing for egg retrieval (i.e. a time when I would be hyper-fertile) and Dr. Noyes handled it thoughtfully and sensitively, creatively suggesting an IUD which would be able to block any implantation without compromising my one chance at egg retrieval, and provide me with birth control during the 5-10 years I would need to be on cancer treatment.
Unfortunately, I would have to advise a prospective patient not to work with Dr. Noyes due to the terrible experience I had with her new clinic at Northwell.
In 2010, due to a cancer diagnosis, I froze my eggs with Dr. Noyes while she was at NYU. Now, nearly 10 years later and having lost my ovaries, these are the only eggs I have and my only chance to have a child. Dr. Noyes has since moved to Northwell - Lenox Hill, so I reached out to schedule an appointment. The admin staff told me that Dr. Noyes "likes to take extra care with her cancer patients," which made me feel great, but the "care" truly stopped there. I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment. Her admin could only schedule one for three weeks out - no problem, I understand that she's busy. The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed. The admin tried to pass the buck to someone else in the office, but did become apologetic when I reminded him that it was him I had spoken with to schedule initially. He said he would try to squeeze me in for an appointment the following Monday. I rearranged my schedule to make that time work. That Monday, the admin called to tell me they hadn't gotten my records from NYU yet, so I couldn't have the appointment. I was shocked -- they had a month to do this, and there should be very well-established channels given that Dr. Noyes just moved over in January of this year. The admin told me he could reschedule me for the following day at 3:30. I, again, rearranged my schedule to accommodate, but told him I had an appointment at 4:30 I could not move, and would need to be in transit by 4PM, but my husband and I would both rearrange our schedules so we could be in the car together to continue the appointment if it was longer than a half hour. The next day, I received a call from the admin at 3:30 telling me that Dr. Noyes was running late, but he would call me at 4 to tell me how things were going. At 4:07, he called and told me that she'd be on the line "soon." At 4:15, he came back on the line to tell me that the cost of the appointment would be $75. I was livid - reminding him that he had my credit card already, and that at this point I only had fifteen minutes to speak with Dr. Noyes. He put me back on hold, and at 4:24, I hung up the phone, since a five-minute consult would have been useless. No one from Northwell or Dr. Noyes' office has contacted me since to apologize or offer an appointment, and it has now been another week. I had a great experience with Dr. Noyes in 2010 at NYU, and wish her well on her new endeavors, but cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks.
In 2010, due to a cancer diagnosis, I froze my eggs with Dr. Noyes while she was at NYU. Now, nearly 10 years later and having lost my ovaries, these are the only eggs I have and my only chance to have a child. Dr. Noyes has since moved to Northwell - Lenox Hill, so I reached out to schedule an appointment. The admin staff told me that Dr. Noyes "likes to take extra care with her cancer patients," which made me feel great, but the "care" truly stopped there. I've since moved out of state and needed a phone appointment. Her admin could only schedule one for three weeks out - no problem, I understand that she's busy. The day my of appointment, I called the clinic an hour before to confirm who should call whom, etc., and found out that her admin had never actually scheduled my appointment at all. There was nothing on the books for me, and they couldn't make time for me. I was enormously disappointed. The admin tried to pass the buck to someone else in the office, but did become apologetic when I reminded him that it was him I had spoken with to schedule initially. He said he would try to squeeze me in for an appointment the following Monday. I rearranged my schedule to make that time work. That Monday, the admin called to tell me they hadn't gotten my records from NYU yet, so I couldn't have the appointment. I was shocked -- they had a month to do this, and there should be very well-established channels given that Dr. Noyes just moved over in January of this year. The admin told me he could reschedule me for the following day at 3:30. I, again, rearranged my schedule to accommodate, but told him I had an appointment at 4:30 I could not move, and would need to be in transit by 4PM, but my husband and I would both rearrange our schedules so we could be in the car together to continue the appointment if it was longer than a half hour. The next day, I received a call from the admin at 3:30 telling me that Dr. Noyes was running late, but he would call me at 4 to tell me how things were going. At 4:07, he called and told me that she'd be on the line "soon." At 4:15, he came back on the line to tell me that the cost of the appointment would be $75. I was livid - reminding him that he had my credit card already, and that at this point I only had fifteen minutes to speak with Dr. Noyes. He put me back on hold, and at 4:24, I hung up the phone, since a five minute consult would have been useless. No one from Northwell or Dr. Noyes' office has contacted me since to apologize or offer an appointment, and it has now been another week. I had a great experience with Dr. Noyes in 2010 at NYU, and wish her well on her new endeavors, but cannot recommend the Northwell clinic given the true lack of professionalism and administrative competency they have consistently shown over the last six weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
At one point, I was told my consultation would be $125 (with my insurance), then was later told it would be $75, but that due to clinical errors, the coordinator would "cover it" (whatever that means). However, I was never able to actually be seen by Dr. Noyes despite spending hours of time over 6 weeks on hold with her admin staff. I'm still holding my breath to see if they'll send me a bill anyway.
Nicole Noyes
Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)
Lenox Hill

2006 - 2017, Successful
I have a long-standing relationship with Dr. Noyes and she treats me like an old friend. She has shown that she cares about me and my outcomes...Dr. Noyes is a skilled and experienced clinician. I have personally had only good experiences as her patient. I have referred several other people to her and they did not have as positive experiences as I did.
This clinic [NYU] has a lot of experience and has worked with many, many clients so they have well developed protocols. Sometimes; however, because they do the treatments so often it becomes routine and they miss things that they should notice that do not exactly fit into their routine...Dr. Noyes is a skilled and experienced clinician. I have personally had only good experiences as her patient. I have referred several other people to her and they did not have as positive experiences as I did.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
To be personally on top of her own treatment cycle and insist on getting explanations if she notices any discrepencies or if something seems wrong.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She was always pleasant and clear in her communication.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic has a lot of experience and has worked with many, many clients so they have well developed protocols. Sometimes; however, because they do the treatments so often it becomes routine and they miss things that they should notice that do not exactly fit into their routine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Monitoring was done in the mornings and the wait times varied at different points.
Describe Nicole Noyes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I didn't feel that there was a definitive approach being recommended and I got some confusing advice when it came time for my embryo transfer. I also didn't feel that it was discussed fully and properly in advance.
NY - 1st Ave
Dr Noyes has very practical and no nonsense approach. I felt we were on the same page about my treatment plan and the possible outcomes....Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds...If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you..
NYU is a big clinic but they are a well oiled machine. Arrive early for daily monitoring and you will get in and out quickly. All the nurses are fantastic and billing dept is very easy to deal with....I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs...I like and trust Dr Noyes but wish we had more one on one interaction. I only saw her in person for my intake appt before my first IUI and after two cancelled IVF cycles. All my communication was with the nurses and other Dr's who did my ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
If you want to have lots of personal interaction with Dr Noyes she might not be the Dr for you. Also, if you have low ovarian reserve talk to her about aggressive vs non aggressive protocols in advance.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was covered by insurance and hand minimal out of pocket costs.

2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you....She is skilled doctor and knows her stuff. But do not expect a warm and fuzzy doctor.
The nursing staff [at NYU - 1st Ave] was good and was responsive to calls...The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs.... I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring... For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Nicole Noyes at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr Noyes is a competent doctor and is a good diagnostician. She was on target with her predictions. Her demeanor is not for everyone. She is blunt and some people take offense at her bluntness. I appreciated it and had no fertility issues (I froze and when I was ready I conceived) so it worked for me. But I am not sure if I were looking for hand holding that she would be the first doctor to whom I would go.
I was very lucky and had a successful egg cycle and transfer. Dr Noyes was on target, predicting that she would be able to get over 20 eggs in a cycle and they retrieved 27 eggs. She was very practical and helpful in determining how to proceed when I decided to conceive. She is a good diagnostician. She is also blunt, funny and a little wacky. But if you are struggling and need a bit of hand hand holding, I am not sure Dr. Noyes is the doctor for you.
Describe the protocols Nicole Noyes used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had one cycle and folistom was the primary medicine used. My trigger shot was changed at the end to Lupron to avoid overstimulation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was good and was responsive to calls.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinicians have a lot of experience and know their stuff. But if you are looking for a place where you receive emotional support, this may not be the place for you. I did not need it as I had no issues. I froze my eggs. I had twenty seven eggs in one cycle. When I wanted to get pregnant, I was successful on the first try. I will say that Dr Noyes assistant, Jarlin, is really nice and caring.
You had to go in between 7-9;00 am in the morning. I suppose if I had an issue, I could have asked for a special appointment. But I did not have occasion to.
My exams before the egg freezing cycle and before I decided to get pregnant were covered as were my visits after I became pregnant. My medications for the freezing cycle and for pregnancy were covered. The rest was not. For one IFV cycle, one icsi and one implementation cost me about $22,000. In addition, I paid another $3,000 for PGS testing.
I think my doctor's approach was dead on. She recommended PGS and after the results, she recommended a single embryo transfer. Given the problems, I have seen with twins, particularly with older women-I would highly recommend this approach.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I did not.