Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College
ResidencyDrexel U
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nigel Pereira to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
Dr Periera always resounded to my emails right away and always had very polite bedside manner....If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself.... Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol. With the exception of one thing. When I switched clinics, my new Dr told me I had a thyroid imbalance and put me on synthyroid. I felt better within 3 days - more energy; better mood and better quality sleep. I’m disappointed Dr Periera did not catch this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself. While Dr Periera is great, Cornell on the other hand was not the best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
The first two cycles of IUI were natural cycles. Dr Periera recommended that because we only had male favor infertility secondary to chemotherapy and already had a daughter conceived nautwlly from prior to chemo. However, my husbands samples always fell below the amount/motility parameters and I believe that is why I did not get pregnant. The third round of IUI we tried clomid and a trigger shot which did produce 2 follicles. But again, my husband’s sample fell below.
The nursing staff was abrupt but informative if you pressed them. Sometimes I felt like an intrusion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was not a fan of the clinic for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me. I literally kicked her out of my body and the room and requested someone else. The IUI process itself was so stressful that I cannot help but wonder if that was part of the reason we were not successful,
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
It was covered by insurance.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira was very professional and explained everything in detail. However, I felt that his area of opportunity was to understand that I also had questions. He expressed through his tone and body language that he seemed slightly agitated when I had questions....what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, professional, and moves quickly, so that time doesn't go to waste. I am very new to the process, but what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully, Dr. Pereira specializes in correcting the issues associated with the fallopian tube.
Educate yourself on what grants are available and what your insurance covers in great detail.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility, knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
over $10,000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Pereria is very sensitive to what you are going through and very interested in doing whatever it takes for his patients. I always feel like he is realistic yet hopeful which is needed when going through something as tough as infertility and IVF. He answers every question my husband and I have with no judgement. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions because you are in the unknown and he will answer and guide you
Dr. Pereira was always very compassionate and caring about what I was going through. He seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us. I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
We did two IUI's with follistim which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We just completed our first IVF cycle. I think we did a pretty typical protocol with drugs. He said it was better than expected but unfortunately did not end in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really feel like Cornell has some of the best facilities and makes you feel like you are in good hands. I prefer the Tribeca location because it is less cattle call-ish during monitoring hours. The staff is incredibly caring and get to know you.
So far, I think we have spent around $25k
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.