Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College
ResidencyDrexel U
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nigel Pereira to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
2020
Very organized. I... Everyone was extremely efficient and helpful. I preferred the tribeca office because it was much quieter/faster. ... had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was incredible to work with and very collaborative. I had done a lot of research on my own and had a lot of questions on DOR (AMH - ~.83) and different supplements/treatment protocols. He let us know what he would recommend, but said we were a team and if there was something we felt strongly about he was very open to incorporating that into our plan (fresh transfer. PGS testing etc). He saw me on every single visit and was always warm and friendly. This was also all during coronavirus and he went above and beyond to try to alleviate our fears and make us comfortable. We were preparing for IVF and had me on an estrogen patch for the last week of my period cycle prior. We also did timed intercourse then (where he monitored ovulation and my levels) and between that and the estrogen patch we managed to get pregnant prior to starting IVF. Given that I had previously had a chemical pregnancy, I was still very nervous once we were pregnant and he monitored all of my levels and provided me with progesterone and estrogen support. I couldn't recommend him more.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he is very easy to talk to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira went above and beyond to sit us down and walk us through how everything worked and all of my options for over an hour. He told us that while we were seeing him we were like family and gave us his email address. Any time we sent him any question he responded within a few hours (if not 20 minutes) even though he is extremely busy and no matter how silly the question may have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized. I had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira is extremely knowledgeable, caring, ready to help, answers email in few hours. I have had so many questions, confusion and worry but Dr. Pereira was there to answer and explain everything with so much patience... I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
nurses and staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait...staff is very efficient and punctual...Nurses are very efficient and lovely to deal with. The only issue I feel is that nurses should have email also to communicate with patients or to update results on email and update daily protocol...Going to clinic every morning for monitoring was not fun but it was necessary. There was hardly any wait in Tribeca office but on weekends you have to go to upper east office and there you have to wait for 30+ mins
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust your Doctor and ask questions he will answer all of them. I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
We cannot recommend Dr. Pereira enough! Dr. Pereira is an excellent doctor and a wonderful human being. He goes out of his way to help you. Infertility is a tough journey and sometimes one needs reassurance from your doctor that things will be okay. Dr. Pereira was there for us whenever we needed help from him even at odd hours of the day. He has excellent bed side manners. We have not seen such humble, caring, intelligent and funny doctor before. He is subject matter expert and explains everything very clearly and encourages you to ask questions. His nurses and staff are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait at his clinic and the staff is very efficient and punctual. We will always be grateful for his help and care during our infertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
You never have to wait here. If you are leaving work and coming to clinic you will be out in less than 20-25 mins finishing your appointment. There is no wait time. The location is good, the clinic looks new and clean. Weaknesses - dealing with billing team
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
IVF was not included in our insurance plan so it was around for one cycle $15k + medicines with copay.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
After two failed cycles I wanted to transfer two 5 day blastocyst but Dr. Pereira suggested we should just transfer one and we did the same.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. P[ereira] is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!...He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing...I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!...Making an appointment is VERY easy too.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Nigel Pereira is amazing. Would recommend him to my best friend, in fact I did and she got pregnant right away! I have also recommended him to a handful of other friends, and several are already pregnant! Having a doctor that you trust, feel at ease with and also know if you shoot him an email will get back to you VERY soon is a blessing and all you can hope for with your fertility journey. Also, Dr. P is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!
Trust him and feel comfortable asking him anything! He is truly the most wonderful person, if you are having any issues emotional, physical tell him and he will take that into consideration. I am VERY afraid of needles so the blood draws were not fun for me -- after telling him he would ensure that if that blood test wasn't 100% necessary I didn't have to take it. Also, ask him anything because once you do you will feel better - he has a way about him of just putting you at ease, no matter what the response is!
Dr. Nigel Pereira treats all patients as if they are his family. This is a tough and emotional roller coaster but he is there every step of the way to ensure you have everything you need. His bedside manner is also just what you need! Just one of the many examples of how amazing, Dr. P is - He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I found out a few months into my fertility journey that I had PCOS and needed to see a R.E. Luckily after HSG and sperm testing everything looked good on our end and we started letrozole. We tried naturally the first month. The next 4 months we tried with an IUI (we think one month we were a little too late based on my work travel :/). We also use an estrogen patch to help with the growth of my lining. We were hesitant to just do clomid to start because of my lining issues but we wanted to try a mix of letrozole and clomid to see if that would bear fruit. The first attempt of trying to medicine we saw no progress but we tried it again (this was our last ditch attempt to get pregnant before IVF) and I am thrilled and it worked! I am just shy of 13 weeks pregnant. I cannot say it enough, there is NO other doctor I would have rather gone on this journey with. Dr. P and his entire team were amazing, he is the best doctor and person out there!!
The nursing staff is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing. I mentioned this before, but I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very organized, despite having a lot of women go through I feel like I am a priority and trust everything. They have two locations one UES and one Tribeca. I actually love UES but schlep downtown to see Dr. P several times a week - he always tries to find days he is working UES so I don’t need to travel as far. We also get to go UES on the weekend trips so that is a nice treat or for IUI or spem analysis. The afternoon following a blood test you get a call from the office with updates on medication as well as next steps if you didn’t already discuss. Making an appointment is VERY easy too. DR. P has his own medical assistant, Megi. Megi is very responsive and makes it all work!!!
I left my prior job and am currently paying for COBRA because the fertility benefits were better than my new job (non-existent!) IUI was $735 including male and female components.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Pereira always takes the time to genuinely say hello, asks how you are and you can tell he really cares. He is extremely responsive to emails and calls. Within 24 hours, if not sooner you hear from him. At initial consult he took to time to clearly explain reproduction, hormones, levels etc and what everything means and why it is important. He is very knowledgeable and competent...I had a wonderful experience and am so glad I went with Dr. Pereira. He treats you like a human and takes the time to explain everything, your options, process etc. He is responsive and patient with questions and clarifications. I felt in very good hands and honestly he and the office made all the difference. I can't recommend him enough. Extremely supportive.
Val [nurse at Weill Cornell] was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great...I liked the way Monitoring worked. Tribeca office is so easy ( if you live downtown). It's a nice, quiet office building. Fewer patients compared to UES and the wait it not long. Including my 10 minute commute to office, I could leave my apt, go to monitoring and be home in 50min-1hr. I went to UES on weekend and it was busier and the wait was longer, plus it had the "hospital" feel, but I loved the Phlebotomists on UES.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. He is very patient and easy to talk to.
Gonal F for several days, then I added Menapur and Centrotide for several more days. Trigger was Lupron and HCG. They retrieved 7 eggs, all were mature and frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Val)
Val was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great. I also met with Julie ( i think) on Day 1. Evangeline was the nurse who called me regularly. Val was beyond helpful and supportive, but everyone was great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My one issue was with the pre-authorization and billing departments. I had to call a lot and never got the response I needed. It often took many calls, asking for supervisors and explaining the issue over and over. My issue was related to approval, as Weill Cornell info and my insurance info did not match. It was quite upsetting to have to also deal with so much " red tape" at the onset of this process.
Egg Freezing total, including meds : about 11,000
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously... We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo
Monitoring hours [at Weill Cornell] ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.... very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Pereira is a world-class doctor that we highly recommend. He was knowledgeable, thorough and methodical, and made tweaks in our treatment to find the best fit which ultimately led to a successful pregnancy. He was a clear communicator in terms of benefits/risks of different tests and treatments and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. Most important, he was kind, compassionate and accessible, which is incredibly important for patients struggling physically, mentally and emotionally with infertility. Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously particularly when we were uncertain how things would turn out. Dr Pereira had a nice sense of humor, which helped lighten the mood and made this process as pleasant as it could be given the circumstances. It was bittersweet to 'graduate' from Dr Pereira, as we would have loved to stay on with him as our OB. We are now in the final stages of our pregnancy, and continue to think fondly of him for getting us to this point. There is no question that we will work with Dr Pereira again when we decide to have our second child.
Ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable with the series of tests, treatments, medicine, etc. Dr Pereira is patient and very willing to make sure you have all the information you need.
At our consultation, Dr Pereira said that he treats his patients family and this was completely true in the one year that we worked with him to achieve pregnancy. He was kind, compassionate and went above and beyond to make sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. Whether we wanted to discuss next steps in detail or test results, he would always welcome setting up additional appointments, responding quickly by email, or even calling us after hours / on the weekends to make sure we felt at ease.
We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo via unmedicated FET. Unfortunately it did not take, so we did a hysteroscopy to rule out uterine issues. We did a second egg retrieval and medicated FET with a PGS tested embryo, which resulted in our current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The main nurse that we interacted with was knowledgeable, patient and organized. She always followed up with results, protocol adjustments or other directions and was clear in her communication. In general, the nursing staff that I interacted with for blood tests and ultrasounds were all friendly and put me at ease.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly and we knew who to go to for specific questions. The office and equipment are fairly new and in great condition.
Monitoring hours ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.
Part of IUIs/first round of IVF was covered by insurance. Second round of IVF was paid entirely out of pocket because we had used up our insurance infertility benefit.
Dr Pereira recommended transferring just one embryo due to my age, body size, and genetically normal embryo.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Pereira is smart, transparent, knowledgeable, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had a consultation with me before we started our work together, which I really appreciated. He got to know me and my background and what I wanted out of this experience. If a question popped up in my head later, I could email him and receive a response in 24 hours, this was a first for me, I have never experienced that before.... After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor.
The office [Weill Cornell Medical] is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira... Strengths: Office is beautiful, Dr. P and the nurses are great. Location is easy to get to. I always felt like I had access to nurses and Dr. P. Dr. Pereira also takes early appointments, I could go before work! Weaknesses: wait times depending on when you go. The earlier the better.... Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Know what you want out of the experience, ask lots of questions because Dr. P will take the time to answer them. Be honest with Dr. Pereira.
Dr. Pereira is amazing in every way. He is knowledgeable, warm, and considerate. He has high standards, as does his staff. After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor. The office is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira. If you want results and a doctor who is transparent and considerate, definitely go to Dr. Pereira.
timed conception, letrozole.
Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office. They were kind, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I paid a copay, which I knew I had to. I paid a copay every time I saw Dr. Pereira because with my insurance, he is considered a specialist. I found Dr. Pereira because he was in network with my insurance, so besides copays, I paid nothing out of pocket. As for medications, I had one expensive medication, but I didn't have to take it every month, it was more of a one time prescription.
+ Read more- Read less

The first time we met Dr. Pereira was after we had experienced a pregnancy loss. He couldn't have been more compassionate and he explained to us that he aims to treat his patients with the same care he would give to his family members. Now that we've been seeing Dr. Pereira for several months, I understand that he meant what he said during that first visit with him...I truly feel like his treatment and care is personalized (e.g., he really took into account the fact that we had experienced two natural pregnancies that resulted in a loss and the emotional state we were in). For example, he chose to delay my IVF cycle start because of a new physical condition that came up for me.
The monitoring staff [at Weill Cornell] show compassion and really make your daily monitoring experience more pleasant. That said, the weekend communication is a little less organized and it would be nice to have a way to contact the office more easily to ask questions...highly organized and personal at the same time. I am very pleased to have chosen Cornell. I do not have my IVF results yet, but still feel very happy with the service that Cornell provided me.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is someone you can trust. Of course, he works at one of the top clinics so you know that you can trust his expertise. Beyond that, you can trust him that he really cares about you as a patient and wants the best for you. I truly feel like his treatment and care is personalized (e.g., he really took into account the fact that we had experienced two natural pregnancies that resulted in a loss and the emotional state we were in). For example, he chose to delay my IVF cycle start because of a new physical condition that came up for me. While we could have proceeded with the cycle, he chose not to because he explained that he only wanted to start a cycle if I was set up to achieve optimal results. Also, as stated in other reviews, he is extremely responsive. He always responds to emails within several hours which helps ease your mind when you have questions/concerns.
Trust that he wants the best for you.
Dr.Pereira is simply the best best best. The first time we met Dr. Pereira was after we had experienced a pregnancy loss. He couldn't have been more compassionate and he explained to us that he aims to treat his patients with the same care he would give to his family members. Now that we've been seeing Dr. Pereira for several months, I understand that he meant what he said during that first visit with him. Dr. Pereira has really made us feel like he has our back through the ups and downs and we couldn't be more appreciative.
Gonal F and Menopur for first several days of cycle. Cetrotide was introduced at around day 6 of cycle. Gonal F dose started out at 150 and dropped to zero at the end of the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Crystal is absolutely wonderful. She is compassionate, kind and has so much knowledge about the IVF process. She is extremely organized and makes you feel like she is in it with you. In addition to Crystal, all of the staff at Cornell are wonderful. The monitoring staff show compassion and really make your daily monitoring experience more pleasant. That said, the weekend communication is a little less organized and it would be nice to have a way to contact the office more easily to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a top clinic that is highly organized and personal at the same time. I am very pleased to have chosen Cornell. I do not have my IVF results yet, but still feel very happy with the service that Cornell provided me.
Dr. Pereira recommended single embryo transfer for PGT embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Pereira was always considerate and kind when it came to all of my questions -- and I had a lot of questions about the treatment, why I was feeling a certain way and every time I shared my symptoms, he was always prompt and caring with his responses. Additionally, he was never "pushy" with one type of treatment or another -- he always prioritized and understood what was important to me -- making me feel comfortable with my decisions as I listened to my body.
Although I never met Crystal [nurse at Cornell] in person -- she's the one that delivered my blood results over the phone every day and gave me instructions -- I feel like we developed a bond over the eight months of treatment. She was super compassionate and clear in her communications so that I don't have to call back, and if I needed to call back, she was super helpful...Tribeca office is a great facility with relatively short wait times -- during regular monitoring hours, it took me no longer than 40 min for both ultrasound and blood work -- however, it can get crowded at times. The only thing I didn't like about the office was that it wasn't open during the weekend, so I had to go to Upper East location, where I didn't know any of the nurses. Other than that, a great facility, especially if you live near by.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was the best doctor that I could've asked for during my fertility journey. He was candid yet kind and prompt yet professional with all of his emails. Additionally, it seemed like he tailored his explanation and treatment based on the patient. For instance, I prefer to see the facts, the numbers behind one method over the other, and he always printed me a copy of the research paper so that I can read it on my own and come back to him with questions. Overall, while it was a relatively long journey for us (8 months), I'm really happy that he was our doctor.
Feel free to over communicate your symptoms and don't shy from asking him a lot of questions -- he's more than willing to help answer them.
My insurance policy required 6 cycles of IUI before IVF was required and Dr. P tried his best to make IUI work for me, which it did! He would change my dosage and when I take clomid based on how my body reacted the cycle before to optimize our chances.
Although I never met Crystal in person -- she's the one that delivered my blood results over the phone every day and gave me instructions -- I feel like we developed a bond over the eight months of treatment. She was super compassionate and clear in her communications so that I don't have to call back, and if I needed to call back, she was super helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had pretty amazing fertility benefit, so had to just pay my co-pay ($15 / visit), which did add up because I ended up going 10-12 times / month for 6+ months. All of my husband's sperm exams and washing for IUI were out of pocket, so we had to pay around $200-$300 for each cycle. There were some tests that weren't covered that we had to pay out of pocket, but don't think we spent more than $3-$4K for the entire process.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Pereira] was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell] was very responsive--I always got return calls within a couple of hours, and Crystal was the responding nurse 90% of the time...Occasionally there was a long wait, but I think that may have been partially because I tended to arrive at the end of the monitoring window, which was the busiest time...I felt really comfortable with the quality of the entire practice and got the sense that the doctors collaborated quite a bit in making decisions about patients so you got the expertise of the crowd. Being in a larger practice also had pros such as an in-house genetics counselor. The nursing staff and admin staff were very responsive, and I always got calls back quickly when I had questions or concerns. The only slight negative in my whole experience was that monitoring hours sometimes got backed up so there could be a bit of a wait in the mornings, but this may partially be because I tended to show up towards the end of the monitoring window. Scheduled appointments always ran on time.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was great. He was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
He took tons of time to fully explain the treatments to me--he treated me like an equal. He was also very compassionate and responsive when I had concerns.
The nursing staff was very responsive--I always got return calls within a couple of hours, and Crystal was the responding nurse 90% of the time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
For fertility treatments it isn't only your particular physician that matters but the quality of the whole practice. The quality of the lab can influence results, and procedures are often completed by other doctors. I felt really comfortable with the quality of the entire practice and got the sense that the doctors collaborated quite a bit in making decisions about patients so you got the expertise of the crowd. Being in a larger practice also had pros such as an in-house genetics counselor. The nursing staff and admin staff were very responsive, and I always got calls back quickly when I had questions or concerns. The only slight negative in my whole experience was that monitoring hours sometimes got backed up so there could be a bit of a wait in the mornings, but this may partially be because I tended to show up towards the end of the monitoring window. Scheduled appointments always ran on time.
I had good insurance coverage. I believe I spent apx $4k on copays for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, and testing (including diagnostic surgery). My main costs were associated with medications and elective PGS testing.
He was very committed to eSET and was concerned about the risks associated with multiples pregnancy.
+ Read more- Read less
He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him...From March-May we met fairly regularly to track ovulation to have planned intercourse. Throughout this process it was determined we had unexplained infertility so we began shots for our egg retrieval and embryo transfer in late May. To prepare for the egg retrieval we used Follistum, Menopur, and Ganirellix. After our egg retrieval I took a z-pac and Medrol. Once the embryo transfer was complete we started with the Progesterone shots.
The Tribeca office [of Well Cornell] is absolutely fantastic! Facilities are very clean and wait times were minimal, even during monitoring hours which can get pretty busy if you do not arrive before 8AM. The staff is extremely friendly and helps make you feel at ease during a difficult time, their smiles and personality make being at the doctor's very early in the morning multiple times a week much more bearable...The nursing staff at CRM is fantastic. Whenever I had a question about medications or procedures I received a call back the same day. The IVF class CRM offers is lead by the nursing team, this made me and my husband feel so much more comfortable about injections.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I were lucky enough to receive a positive pregnancy test after our first round of IVF and we attribute most of our success to the amazing guidance and care provided by Dr. Pereira. When meeting with Dr. Pereira you can see how passionate he is and he really treats you like family. He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. After I became pregnant I was sad to “graduate” from his fertility program because he is such a great doctor.
Share all medical information so that Dr. Pereira can create the best fertility plan to meet your needs. When meeting with Dr. Pereira feel free to ask any questions to help put your mind at ease. Follow his plan, take a couple of months on the front end, and allow Dr. Pereira to create the best course of action based on your expectations and financial abilities.
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, warm, and compassionate. When meeting with him he really treats you like family and helps put us at ease during an emotionally challenging time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is absolutely fantastic! Facilities are very clean and wait times were minimal, even during monitoring hours which can get pretty busy if you do not arrive before 8AM. The staff is extremely friendly and helps make you feel at ease during a difficult time, their smiles and personality make being at the doctor's very early in the morning multiple times a week much more bearable.
I made sure to arrive no later then 7:30AM as typically the closer you got to 8AM the longer the wait times. If I arrived by 7:30AM I was able to have my ultra sound and blood work to make it back up to midtown by 8:30AM.
Megi (Dr. Pereira’s assistant) was great explaining everything to review with our insurance company so we could better plan for any out of pocket costs. Our insurance is Cigna and our out of pocket expenses for services from March-August have been well under $2,000.
For our scenario Dr. Pereira recommended a single egg transfer and to freeze the remaining embryos. Dr. Pereira decided this based on my health, our discussions about our future family plans, and to help minimize any risk.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. P[ereira] was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!...was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
f you got there [Weill Cornell] early [for monitoring] then you were out early. I always came in around 8-8:15ish and was out before 9am. That meaning i had my ultrasound, blood work & saw Dr. P[ereira]... The receptionist all remembered my name which I don't think is easy considering they see so many people a day. The phlebotomist were always good at taking blood painlessly...I had insurance coverage at 100% as long as I stayed within the center of excellence. Dr. Pereira was in the center of excellence. My medication total came out to about $75 out of pocket for the egg retrieval. I also was responsible for $25 office visit copay. I would think the total was around $3K out of pocket.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was amazing. He always responded to my emails and phone calls within the hour. Never acted like he was too busy. In fact I felt like I was his only patient. When i had my egg retrieval he made it a point to be there & do it himself. I trusted him after our first conversation.
Listen to him. He knows what he's talking about. Explain your concerns and let him guide you.
Dr. P was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell Tribeca was close to where i lived and was very convenient. The receptionist all remembered my name which I don't think is easy considering they see so many people a day. The phlebotomist were always good at taking blood painlessly.
It was fine. If you got there early then you were out early. I always came in around 8-8:15ish and was out before 9am. That meaning i had my ultrasound, blood work & saw Dr. P.
I have not done the transfer yet but he suggested a single embryo transfer whereas i want multiple embryo. He said it is entirely up to him

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action.... Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Cornell is a large clinic with many doctors. Sometimes the waiting room feels impersonal and like you're "just a number". We've only been to this clinic so I am not sure if that is how it is or specific to Cornell.... There are many nurses in the clinic, so it is somewhat hard to keep track of which ones are more compassionate or helpful. The trigger shot was administered by a nurse and she was very kind, asking how i preferred to receive the shot (countdown, no talking, etc.). Also, when we did not conceive the nursing staff showed a lot of compassion stating that they were sorry we were not successful and asking if we wanted to continue or take a break.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action. Dr. Pereira was always flexible with our schedules and made us feel that we were in control, as much as we could be, as far as timing and how quickly we wanted to conceive.
If you are not well versed in medical jargon or fertility jargon, ask lots of questions. Dr. Pereira will explain each term and plan of action. Sometimes he needs to be prompted.
The office staff is very warm without being overly intrusive or clinical. Dr. Pereira has a gentle bedside manner and it is clear he has a thought process to next steps. He answers every question thoroughly and responds to emails and calls quickly. The office has many doctors so the waiting room is often busy.
We are still in the process, but so far we have used letrozole with a trigger shot (ovidriel). Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Ongoing, but so far about $2,000
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Periera always resounded to my emails right away and always had very polite bedside manner....If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself.... Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol.
I was not a fan of the clinic [Weill Cornell] for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me.... They lost several signed consent forms and we had to resign them (which was annoying because they were required to be notarized) and a few times I had to call them for my blood work results.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol. With the exception of one thing. When I switched clinics, my new Dr told me I had a thyroid imbalance and put me on synthyroid. I felt better within 3 days - more energy; better mood and better quality sleep. I’m disappointed Dr Periera did not catch this.
If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself. While Dr Periera is great, Cornell on the other hand was not the best.
The first two cycles of IUI were natural cycles. Dr Periera recommended that because we only had male favor infertility secondary to chemotherapy and already had a daughter conceived nautwlly from prior to chemo. However, my husbands samples always fell below the amount/motility parameters and I believe that is why I did not get pregnant. The third round of IUI we tried clomid and a trigger shot which did produce 2 follicles. But again, my husband’s sample fell below.
The nursing staff was abrupt but informative if you pressed them. Sometimes I felt like an intrusion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was not a fan of the clinic for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me. I literally kicked her out of my body and the room and requested someone else. The IUI process itself was so stressful that I cannot help but wonder if that was part of the reason we were not successful,
It was covered by insurance.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira was very professional and explained everything in detail. However, I felt that his area of opportunity was to understand that I also had questions. He expressed through his tone and body language that he seemed slightly agitated when I had questions....what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility [Weill Cornell], knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, professional, and moves quickly, so that time doesn't go to waste. I am very new to the process, but what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully, Dr. Pereira specializes in correcting the issues associated with the fallopian tube.
Educate yourself on what grants are available and what your insurance covers in great detail.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility, knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
over $10,000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Pereria is very sensitive to what you are going through and very interested in doing whatever it takes for his patients. I always feel like he is realistic yet hopeful which is needed when going through something as tough as infertility and IVF. He answers every question my husband and I have with no judgement. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
I really feel like Cornell has some of the best facilities and makes you feel like you are in good hands. I prefer the Tribeca location because it is less cattle call-ish during monitoring hours. The staff is incredibly caring and get to know you. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... He [Dr. Pereria] seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions because you are in the unknown and he will answer and guide you
Dr. Pereira was always very compassionate and caring about what I was going through. He seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us. I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
We did two IUI's with follistim which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We just completed our first IVF cycle. I think we did a pretty typical protocol with drugs. He said it was better than expected but unfortunately did not end in a pregnancy.
So far, I think we have spent around $25k
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Pereria is absolutely wonderful. He would come in to see us on his day off. He did my retrieval even though he wasn’t working. He called and emailed me personally. He told me at the beginning of treatment that I didn’t need to worry about getting pregnant anymore because that would now be his job....He is funny, relaxed and extremely clear. I trusted him completely. He goes out of his way to put you at ease and lessen your fertility stress and anxiety. He is interested in you and how you are doing.
Lovely and clean environment. Very comfortable and well organized. Fantastic location. I enjoyed coming. There was never any issue. Simple to access and the staff are lovely. It is a doctors office but they’ve made it as clean and modern as possible.... 13K for the IVF treatment. Blood monitoring was $100 per session and ultrasounds were $300 per session before insurance... Dr Pereria encouraged me to do a fresh transfer of two 3 day embryos. He said the embryos help each other implant and since we had no genetic issues
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust his recommendation but look into other ways to boost your egg count if needed.
I don’t remember but I know I took a lot of progesterone for a long time because mine was low.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very warm, kind and professional.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Pereria encouraged me to do a fresh transfer of two 3 day embryos. He said the embryos help each other implant and since we had no genetic issues we should do a day 3 transfer vs day 5 because egg do better in the womb. It worked for us.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Max I had to wait was 15 mins to see Dr. Pereira. When I walked in, the entire staff knew my name as soon as I walked through the entrance door. Any time I had any questions outside of the office, I would email Dr. Pereira and he would reply within 12 hours - most of the time getting a response within 3 hours.... I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office [Weill Cornell] does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.... My husband had to go on a trip while I was going to be ovulating. My husband went to the UES clinic to provide/freeze his sperm which we paid out of pocket. On the day I had to show up for my IUI, I get a call from Shauna Kay Watson saying my husband
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was recommended by a friend who got pregnant by doing an IUI. I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Trust him... he knows what he is doing, just be patient and relax.
They were all excellent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.
My insurance covered the cost.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Nigel Pereira] responded so promptly to all our emails even if outsides of business hours. Sometimes even calling us himself with results before the nurses line. This made us feel so comfortable and at ease with this whole experience. Our retrieval, genetic testing of embryos & our transfer...We had such an amazing & successful experience. He's so incredibly brilliant and caring. It's truly amazing how accurate he was with everything. I can not recommend him enough!!...He takes his time with every appointment to make sure you understand all the possibilities before making any decisions.
They [staff at Weill Cornell Medical College] really care for every single patient. They go above and beyond to make sure you feel comfortable. They treat every girl like a human and not just another number in the door. They are incredibly accurate, always on time and helpful....The office staff is more than helpful with assisting in all paperwork. The nurses made sure every girl felt at ease. Having your blood taken daily can be trying & they made what should be difficult seem easy. They genuinely care when asking how you're feeling. So warm & compassionate. We call Dr. Perira and his staff our "Dream Team"
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We'll defiantly be returning to Dr. Pereira for baby 2!! We were recommended to Dr. Pereira by one of our close friends. Who also had great results. We had such an amazing & successful experience. He's so incredibly brilliant and caring. It's truly amazing how accurate he was with everything. I can not recommend him enough!!
Call and book your appointment today. He is the best!
He takes his time with every appointment to make sure you understand all the possibilities before making any decisions. We decided to use IVF due to a genetics reason & it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Also knowing that moving forward we'll have young healthy embryos, is very reassuring. He responded so promptly to all our emails even if outsides of business hours. Sometimes even calling us himself with results before the nurses line. This made us feel so comfortable and at ease with this whole experience. Our retrieval, genetic testing of embryos & our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Krystal)
Dr. Pereira's staff always went above and beyond. The office staff is more than helpful with assisting in all paperwork. The nurses made sure every girl felt at ease. Having your blood taken daily can be trying & they made what should be difficult seem easy. They genuinely care when asking how you're feeling. So warm & compassionate. We call Dr. Perira and his staff our "Dream Team"
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They really care for every single patient. They go above and beyond to make sure you feel comfortable. They treat every girl like a human and not just another number in the door. They are incredibly accurate, always on time and helpful.
+ Read more- Read less

Everyone from Dr. Pereira's office [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was impeccable in their care and communication...Exceptionally prompt, lovely atmosphere, perfectly communicative. Everyone was smart and compassionate. It has made every other medical experience pale in comparison to Dr. Pereira's office and team...Dr. Pereria's prescribed doses of letrozole and timed intercourse led to pregnancy our first cycle with him...When we miscarried, after having "graduated" from Dr. Pereira's care, he called us immediately, on the weekend, from his vacation to review possible causes, next steps and to extend his sympathies. I have an auto-immune disease and have an intimate relationship with hospitals and physicians--never have I met anyone as caring or capable as Dr. Nigel Pereira.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Nigel Pereira is the most brilliant, compassionate, professional and accessible physician my husband or I has ever seen. He and his staff were always accessible, calling immediately after each and every test. Dr. Pereira helped us get pregnant the first cycle he treated us. When we miscarried, after having "graduated" from Dr. Pereira's care, he called us immediately, on the weekend, from his vacation to review possible causes, next steps and to extend his sympathies. I have an auto-immune disease and have an intimate relationship with hospitals and physicians--never have I met anyone as caring or capable as Dr. Nigel Pereira.
Keep an open mind to whatever Dr. Pereira might suggest.
Everyone from Dr. Pereira's office was impeccable in their care and communication.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance has covered most if not all costs to date with Dr. Pereira's services.
+ Read more- Read less

Since my ovarian reserve was low, everything was about getting a few really quality eggs and then using them wisely. We were preparing to do a frozen embryo transfer but my uterine lining was thin as we were getting closer to the transfer date. Together with Dr. Pereira, we made the decision to skip the cycle in an effort to not waste a good embryo, adjust protocol for my next cycle and then transfer...He is passionately interested in his patients treatment, works diligently to find solutions and provide individualized care/protocol. He has the most outstanding combination of intellectual intelligence with emotional intelligence which I believe enables successful and assuring outcomes.
[The doctors at Weill Cornell Medical College are] supported by a fantastic team of smart, compassionate and personable staff – they truly take the time to get to know you, address you by name and are always smiling which after months of early morning appointments really helps to keep your spirits high...a daily phone call from a friendly and familiar team member or Dr. Pereira himself (on occasion) to discuss bloodwork results allows for personalized care.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is brilliantly smart, empathetic, humble, dedicated, friendly and frankly, all around spectacular. He is passionately interested in his patients treatment, works diligently to find solutions and provide individualized care/protocol. He has the most outstanding combination of intellectual intelligence with emotional intelligence which I believe enables successful and assuring outcomes. Dr. Pereira always took time to educate us on the process so we could make smart decision for ourselves with his guidance and support each step of the way. He spent hours answering my questions directly, realistic and honestly (never felt like I was getting fluffy answers) while still maintaining outstanding bedside manner, optimism and transparency.
You're in great hands - work together to find a solution that works for you.
Dr. Pereira is also supported by a fantastic team of smart, compassionate and personable staff – they truly take the time to get to know you, address you by name and are always smiling which after months of early morning appointments really helps to keep your spirits high. Moreover, a daily phone call from a friendly and familiar team member or Dr. Pereira himself (on occasion) to discuss bloodwork results allows for personalized care.
+ Read more- Read less

When I first met Dr. Pereira, he took his time to explain all scenarios and got to know me a little, which was really nice. Anytime I saw him in passing, he always said hello by my name and always asked how I was doing...I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI...We decided together on what steps I would take. He’s also so kind and caring. I was very upset and worried when I first started the whole process but he made me feel like everything will be OK and I knew I was in good hands. It was crazy how I was not even worried anymore. Whenever I emailed him regarding any questions I had, he got back to me so quickly no matter what time it was. I cannot recommend him enough. He is just the most amazing doctor with such a big heart.
[The nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College are] Very friendly and helpful...The office is very nice, clean, and spacious. I never really found myself waiting too long to be called. Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel comfortable. I have no complaints about anything...I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI...When I first met Dr. Pereira, he took his time to explain all scenarios and got to know me a little, which was really nice. Anytime I saw him in passing, he always said hello by my name and always asked how I was doing.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I had seen two other doctors before I met with Dr Pereira. He was definitely my, “third times a charm.” I am One that avoids going to doctors because of my anxiety and trust issues but I knew I needed help. Dr Pereira took his time and explained everything to me and listened to what I wanted as well. We decided together on what steps I would take. He’s also so kind and caring. I was very upset and worried when I first started the whole process but he made me feel like everything will be OK and I knew I was in good hands. It was crazy how I was not even worried anymore. Whenever I emailed him regarding any questions I had, he got back to me so quickly no matter what time it was. I cannot recommend him enough. He is just the most amazing doctor with such a big heart.
Go into your appointment knowing that you’re going to be under the best care.
I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI.
Very friendly and helpful.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Pereira] proposed IUI not because we needed it but to increase chances of a positive pregnancy test. He offered IVF as an option, not because I couldn’t get pregnant naturally but so that we could test the embryos to avoid additional miscarriages. He was extremely thorough and well thought out in his plans for treatment...never rushed our appointments. He took time to ensure asked all of my questions and felt comfortable with the responses.
The receptionists [at Weill Cornell Medical College] could be more compassionate and friendly but they were typically timely and efficient. Appointments were easy to make via phone or email and their response times were good...Crystal [nurse] took the utmost care when calling me with test results. She was wonderful...Dr. Pereira never rushed our appointments. He took time to ensure asked all of my questions and felt comfortable with the responses.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira went out of his way on multiple occasions to check on me to see how I was doing after my miscarriage. He fully explained every step of the way and made sure I understood what the options were at each point. He was kind and gentle but also rational and clear with his candid explanations. He was extremely responsive.
He proposed IUI not because we needed it but to increase chances of a positive pregnancy test. He offered IVF as an option, not because I couldn’t get pregnant naturally but so that we could test the embryos to avoid additional miscarriages. He was extremely thorough and well thought out in his plans for treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie and crystal )
Crystal took the utmost care when calling me with test results. She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The receptionists could be more compassionate and friendly but they were typically timely and efficient. Appointments were easy to make via phone or email and their response times were good. The receptionists could be more compassionate and friendly but they were typically timely and efficient. Appointments were easy to make via phone or email and their response times were good.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Pereira is truly a great doctor. I was a little sad to have graduated from his care, other fertility doctors could really take example of his bedside manner. When we first met with Dr. Pereira for our first consultation, he was extremely compassionate and patient while he listened to our experience, and our first pregnancy ending in miscarriage and the horrid experience at our prior fertility clinic in midtown, I didn't get into great lengths with the entire experience with Dr. Pereira, but my husband and I definitely felt like a number versus how Dr. Pereira immediately treated us like human individuals and that it is ok to show sadness and grief and how everyone handles miscarriages differently. Dr. Pereira really gave us a new sense of trust in doctors, and his patience and knowledge is invaluable to our entire experience with him. We can't thank Dr. Pereira enough just for how he treated us, nevermind the professional care. Thank You.
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]. The location is convenient, the office is clean, spacious, and the staff are professional, courteous, and we just had a great overall experience...Dr. Pereira's staff were always professional, courteous, and compassionate. It was such a pleasant experience dealing with them...I was a little sad to have graduated from his care, other fertility doctors could really take example of his bedside manner. When we first met with Dr. Pereira for our first consultation, he was extremely compassionate and patient while he listened to our experience, and our first pregnancy ending in miscarriage and the horrid experience at our prior fertility clinic in midtown, I didn't get into great lengths with the entire experience with Dr. Pereira, but my husband and I definitely felt like a number versus how Dr. Pereira immediately treated us like human individuals and that it is ok to show sadness and grief and how everyone handles miscarriages differently. Dr. Pereira really gave us a new sense of trust in doctors, and his patience and knowledge is invaluable to our entire experience with him. We can't thank Dr. Pereira enough just for how he treated us, nevermind the professional care. Thank You.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Do write down your questions prior to meeting any doctor.
Dr. Pereira and his professional staff showed great compassion, care and patience.
So I were
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic. The location is convenient, the office is clean, spacious, and the staff are professional, courteous, and we just had a great overall experience.
2019 - 2020
When I first started seeing him, Dr. Pereira had me begin with a lower dose of letrozole to jump-start ovulation. As it did not work in the first cycle, he increased the dosage and began prescribing trigger shots as well. When this treatment did not work after 3 cycles, he moved me to a combination of Clomid and letrozole, which did help me to ovulate. After ovulating twice without a pregnancy, Dr. Pereira suggested I try an IUI as well, and I got pregnant on the first try.
I have nothing but good things to say about Weill Cornell Tribeca. It is a bright, clean, and modern facility and everything feels top of the line. The waiting room is large and comfortable, the reception staff is organized and works quickly, and I never had to wait longer than a few minutes for an appointment...The nursing staff in Tribeca was fabulous. They are all kind, organized, and efficient. While I was not assigned to one specific nurse during my treatment, I saw a number of different ones, all of whom were lovely.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was a wonderful resource throughout my journey to get pregnant. He is knowledgeable, intelligent, and experienced and maybe most important, he is a very good communicator and listener. In my first visit, which was rather overwhelming as I was diagnosed with PCOS (which I was utterly clueless about), he went above and beyond to explain the exact science of the disorder as well as how it would impact me and my treatment options. I left feeling 100% comfortable that I was in good hands. Over the course of the next few months, he worked with me respectfully and diligently to find the right treatment, and when we had obstacles in the path, he was understanding and caring about the stress they caused.
Stick with him! Infertility treatment can take a long time, and there will likely be bumps in the road, but Dr. Pereira knows what he is doing and he will get you there.
Dr. Pereira always treated me with respect and care. He took the time to answer my questions and explain why he was recommending certain treatments, never rushing me out. Perhaps most importantly, he acknowledged the difficulty and stress inherent to this process, a simple validation that went a long way.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Overall I spent my full deductible / out of pocket maximum on my treatment in both of the calendar years I saw Dr. Pereira. Under my insurance plan, that meant spent roughly $1500 in the first year and $1250 in the second. I don't recall the specific costs per procedure.

2019 - 2020
From the very day first day, he was very warm and friendly and listened to our problems with patience. Dr Pereira never failed to show excellent bedside manners during all our visits and was also very sensitive in conveying news that our first 2 cycles were not positive. He never treated us like a number and even suggested us to not redo the same tests which were done on us by the previous clinic a short while ago...was very sensitive when relaying messages of failure during the first 2 attempts. He was always available over email to answer any queries or concerns that we had and would always reply within few hours even over the weekend. Overall I strongly vouch for Dr. Pererira and was sad to leave his office when we graduated at 10 weeks to our OB-GYN.
Our only problem with the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] is the Billing Department which is not very prompt. Before the start of the treatment our insurance needed a prior authorization which was not properly handled by the billing department due to which our first treatment round was delayed by few weeks...is very well organized and clean and situated in a very convenient location. Our experience with the billing department was not great and had to constantly follow up with them for our pre-authorizations. During our visits we found lots of patients in the waiting area but not much waiting time and we were attended by the nurses or the doctor soon.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We had numerous visits to our previous fertility clinic and were trying for 1 and half year before we visited Dr Pereira. Our first 3 IUI cycles with the previous clinic did not lead to desired results and we were also not happy in the way we were treated just like a number. A job change prompted us to change locations and also our clinic and now looking back I am so glad that happened. During our first visit we explained our previous history of a chemical pregnancy and a miscarriage and were concerned that there was a problem with me holding onto pregnancies. Dr. Pereira was quick to explain that was not the case and that it is common for a single miscarriage to happen. Post minor hiccups with the billing department we were then stuck by our insurance not covering for our IUI's but just TI (Timed Intercourse) cycles before we could graduate to IVF. Dr Pereira again also discussed the denial of the IUI authorization with the insurance. Once we were sure that IUI's wont be covered we started with the TI cycles and the first 2 cycles were negative and I was starting to lose hope but Dr Pererira assured that it was just a matter of time. Luckily, we were able to get a positive result on the 3rd round of treatment and I am currently at 13 weeks. During our visits to the clinic Dr Pereira showed warmth and excellent bedside manners and was very sensitive when relaying messages of failure during the first 2 attempts. He was always available over email to answer any queries or concerns that we had and would always reply within few hours even over the weekend. Overall I strongly vouch for Dr. Pererira and was sad to leave his office when we graduated at 10 weeks to our OB-GYN.
Trust him completely, he knows his job very well and you will be in excellent hands during this journey.
With Dr Pereira, we had a refreshing change in the way we were treated than our previous clinic. From the very day first day, he was very warm and friendly and listened to our problems with patience. Dr Pereira never failed to show excellent bedside manners during all our visits and was also very sensitive in conveying news that our first 2 cycles were not positive. He never treated us like a number and even suggested us to not redo the same tests which were done on us by the previous clinic a short while ago.
With a history of PCOS and after 3 failed IUI attempts , were not sure if we should directly jump to IVF. Due to the huge costs associated we wanted to give TI/IUI few tries and Dr Pereira completely supported this decision. We were put on a 7 day Letrozole cycle and were regularly called in for monitoring cycles. Once the egg was of a suitable size we used to self-administer Ovidrel injections as advised by the doctor or nurse. The 3rd cycle TI cyle yielded a positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Chrystal)
Chrystal was our nurse during the treatment but we co-ordinate only on phone. We used to see different nurses during the monitoring cycles but found all of them competent and very warm.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very well organized and clean and situated in a very convenient location. Our experience with the billing department was not great and had to constantly follow up with them for our pre-authorizations. During our visits we found lots of patients in the waiting area but not much waiting time and we were attended by the nurses or the doctor soon.
Our TI cycles were covered by the insurance and we had to pay for the medicines and copay.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira took the time to listen and respond to my every concern. He made sure I was educated and aware at every step of the process. He was very caring, including when I got into a bike accident, he made sure that the baby and I were healthy...is a wonderful doctor. I learned so much about my body, its potential challenges and all my options along the way. I was guided throughout the entire process and I felt 100% confident that Dr. Pereira was looking out for the health of me and the baby. I've left treatment not only pregnant, but fully educated and appreciative of this hospital, practice, and Dr. Pereira. I can only hope that I get this sort of care through my pregnancy! I absolutely plan on returning to Dr. Pereira if I have challenges with having more children.
The cost of visit and routine bloodwork was nothing out of the ordinary [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. The special tests (genetic screening, semen analysis, ovary MRI, panorama) are what cost a lot of money and at times I wish I had known the cost upfront and if it was absolutely necessary to these tests or not. I know this is challenging because it takes coordination with the insurance company...It is such a beautiful, clean, high-tech facility and the staff runs it like a machine. I never had long wait times. I always felt safe and healthy leaving the hospital, which is very important during covid times. The staff are all kind and respectful.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is a wonderful doctor. I learned so much about my body, its potential challenges and all my options along the way. I was guided throughout the entire process and I felt 100% confident that Dr. Pereira was looking out for the health of me and the baby. I've left treatment not only pregnant, but fully educated and appreciative of this hospital, practice, and Dr. Pereira. I can only hope that I get this sort of care through my pregnancy! I absolutely plan on returning to Dr. Pereira if I have challenges with having more children.
Getting pregnant is a time commitment! There are weekly, sometimes daily tests that require you to visit the office. These are always morning visits and you can be in and out within 20 minutes. The staff is extremely timely and efficient - but make sure to carve out your time to make it happen!
The nursing staff is equally caring and supportive. It is really nice to see the same faces throughout the journey.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This clinic is truly world class. It is such a beautiful, clean, high-tech facility and the staff runs it like a machine. I never had long wait times. I always felt safe and healthy leaving the hospital, which is very important during covid times. The staff are all kind and respectful.
The cost of visit and routine bloodwork was nothing out of the ordinary. The special tests (genetic screening, semen analysis, ovary MRI, panorama) are what cost a lot of money and at times I wish I had known the cost upfront and if it was absolutely necessary to these tests or not. I know this is challenging because it takes coordination with the insurance company.
2019 - 2020
[Dr. Pereira's] bedside manner and demeanor are lovely, and he intently listens to and answers all questions - no matter how silly or insignificant they might seem!...He is able deliver information clearly, kindly, and honestly - even when it's news that you might not necessarily want to hear. He is able to manage a mixture of realism and optimism that is comforting and trustworthy. I initially went to him after 2 chemical pregnancies and 5 months of trying. After a battery of fertility tests, everything looked fine so we assumed it was likely the fact that I'm 39 years old that was affecting the viability of the pregnancies. On our second round of Letrozole, Dr. Pereira noticed something didn't look right on my ultrasound and presumed I had a uterine
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] worked quickly and all had a great bedside manner. They called the same day with blood test results and delivered information clearly and kindly - whether it was good or bad news...Most of my care was covered by insurance, but there were some confusing issues with billing and procedures that were billed incorrectly. It was difficult to deal with the billing department at times and I still have billing issues I need to resolve...This clinic is clean and runs very well. The front desk staff is efficient, and there is almost never a wait if you have an appointment and typically a short wait for walk in monitoring. The phlebotomists are great and also very efficient. Overall, I highly recommend the clinic.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pereira and his team. His bedside manner and demeanor are lovely, and he intently listens to and answers all questions - no matter how silly or insignificant they might seem! He is able deliver information clearly, kindly, and honestly - even when it's news that you might not necessarily want to hear. He is able to manage a mixture of realism and optimism that is comforting and trustworthy. I initially went to him after 2 chemical pregnancies and 5 months of trying. After a battery of fertility tests, everything looked fine so we assumed it was likely the fact that I'm 39 years old that was affecting the viability of the pregnancies. On our second round of Letrozole, Dr. Pereira noticed something didn't look right on my ultrasound and presumed I had a uterine polyp. I ended up having another chemical pregnancy that cycle, and he and his team were very kind as my husband and I dealt with another disappointment. However, he and his team acted fast, and I was able to schedule the procedure to remove the polyp within weeks. Low and behold, I got pregnant just 6 weeks later and am now 12 weeks along. I highly recommend Dr. Pereira and his team!
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Pereira recommended I try medication that would cause superovluation to give us a better chance at conceiving naturally. I ended up reacting very strongly to Clomid and ovulated very quickly and developed an ovarian cyst. We switched to Letrozole, and I did get pregnant that month, but that resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the discovery of a uterine polyp. After removing the polyp, we tried another round of Letrozole, and were able to conceive naturally that cycle.
The nursing staff worked quickly and all had a great bedside manner. They called the same day with blood test results and delivered information clearly and kindly - whether it was good or bad news.
+ Read more- Read less

I had been on birth control pills for 10 or so years without a break and without a proper heavy period. When I stopped the pill, I had 2 periods across 8 months, that's when I decided to go see Dr Pereira. He immediately put me on clomid to wake up my ovaries. His plan included 2 cycles of clomid with timed intercourse, if that didn't work then move on to IUI. That's exactly what we did...I got pregnant after the 2nd IUI...Even though Dr Pereira has a lot of patients to see each day, he will always take the time to explain the process, answer questions. He's very compassionate and kind. I always felt at ease at each appointment.
They [nurses] were always friendly and professional. The standards are so high at Weill Cornell Tribeca, everyone working there is top notch...My insurance covered most of the costs. I had to pay approx $500-600 in total out of pocket...Very clean, modern, and very little wait time - absolutely perfect. Even the UES location on the weekend mornings which was insanely busy, was well organized, and I never had to wait more than 15 mins. I honestly don't have any complaints about the clinic...Even though Dr Pereira has a lot of patients to see each day, he will always take the time to explain the process, answer questions. He's very compassionate and kind. I always felt at ease at each appointment.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I chose Dr Pereira because he came highly recommended and his reviews on Fertility IQ were the strongest. Rightly so, he's very knowledgeable and thorough with explaining what a lot of women don't know about when it comes to fertility and what exactly the hormones are doing. I appreciated that he took the time to explain the science behind it. Dr Pereira is a very popular and busy doctor, but I never really felt rushed in my appointments with him. He even remembered that we like the same bands/music, and was always so nice to my husband. I honestly have no negative feedback on Dr Pereira, he is the best fertility doctor in NYC hands down!
Make sure you're able to make the time commitment to go to the fertility appointments! They're usually twice a week. Block that time out of your work calendar if you can. You might have a few weekends where you'll have to go to UES at 7am on a Saturday morning for a trigger shot in the bum, and go back 24 hours later for the IUI. You might have to make these early morning commitments on a few weekends and quite a bit on weekdays. Prepare your partner to be involved in it too. Clomid can make you look/feel bloated and causes a bit of cramping. It's not horrible, it's just a bit of a sacrifice. Dr Pereira is the best, you won't regret it! :)
I had been on birth control pills for 10 or so years without a break and without a proper heavy period. When I stopped the pill, I had 2 periods across 8 months, that's when I decided to go see Dr Pereira. He immediately put me on clomid to wake up my ovaries. His plan included 2 cycles of clomid with timed intercourse, if that didn't work then move on to IUI. That's exactly what we did. The IUI treatments included an ovidrel trigger shot administered by the nurse. I got pregnant after the 2nd IUI.
They were always friendly and professional. The standards are so high at Weill Cornell Tribeca, everyone working there is top notch.
+ Read more- Read less

I did several IUIs and Clomid cycles [with Dr. Pereira]. However, I ultimately underwent surgery to treat my endometriosis and a timed, unmedicated IUI that led to success. He did recommend surgery from the beginning, but I was first reluctant. He never pushed it, which I was thankful for, though I probably should have listened to him sooner... is the most compassionate and skilled doctor I have ever encountered...was there every step of the way explaining the process, answering questions, and offering support when needed. In my case, I ended up needing surgery for endometriosis and he did a phenomenal job! You can't even notice the scar and he called the following day I returned home to make sure I was ok.
The Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] has an amazing nursing staff. They were always professional, friendly, and supportive. They made morning monitoring as pleasant as it could be...was clean and all staff from front desk personnel to coordinators and nurses were always professional and friendly...I ultimately underwent surgery to treat my endometriosis and a timed, unmedicated IUI that led to success. He did recommend surgery from the beginning, but I was first reluctant. He never pushed it, which I was thankful for, though I probably should have listened to him sooner.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I am utterly grateful and privileged to have had Dr. Pereira as my doctor. It is because of Dr. Pereira that I am expecting and he made the emotional process of treating infertility so much easier. Dr. Pereira always listened to my concerns, explained procedures fully, and was always accessible if I had questions or concerns. I don't know many doctors who are not only willing to give out their email but responded so quickly and compassionately.
Dr. Pereira is the most compassionate and skilled doctor I have ever encountered. Ther fertility process is a roller coaster of emotions, but Dr. Pereira was there every step of the way explaining the process, answering questions, and offering support when needed. In my case, I ended up needing surgery for endometriosis and he did a phenomenal job! You can't even notice the scar and he called the following day I returned home to make sure I was ok.
I did several IUIs and Clomid cycles. However, I ultimately underwent surgery to treat my endometriosis and a timed, unmedicated IUI that led to success. He did recommend surgery from the beginning, but I was first reluctant. He never pushed it, which I was thankful for, though I probably should have listened to him sooner.
The Tribeca office has an amazing nursing staff. They were always professional, friendly, and supportive. They made morning monitoring as pleasant as it could be.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca clinic was clean and all staff from front desk personnel to coordinators and nurses were always professional and friendly. One tip though is that if you're waiting more than 15 minutes for bloodwork, let them know right away and they'll be sure to get you in there ASAP.
I am probably one of the lucky few, where my insurance covered the bill. I just needed to pay an annual deductible of $200 and a $30 copay + $20 lab copay for each visit. Visits do add up though when you're coming in 2 -3 times a week for monitoring, but affordable considering what it could have been without coverage.

2017 - 2019
The entire nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was professional and lovely as can be, which is exactly what you want when you are going through something as serious and intimidating as fertility treatment...out of all of the tests I had run, and out of all of the results, the staff only failed to call me one time. Unfortunately it was regarding genetic testing that I had been waiting on a bit anxiously. When I messaged my doctor though, he responded within minutes apologizing for the failed communication and sharing the update with me. It was also good news, so I'm sure it wasn't critical for the staff to be in touch with me.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Pereira or his staff. Dr. Pereira is a special doctor, and one of the rare ones whose bedside manner equally parallels his incredible expertise. I have never felt so important and cared for as a patient, and I think Dr. Pereira's regular communication and quick responses to my inquiries, has a lot to do with it. During my time as Dr. Pereira's patient, I underwent emergency surgery for ovarian torsion. Dr. Pereira did not skip a beat making sure I was properly cared from the initial testing, to understanding my options, to answering my call at the crack of dawn when I knew I was in need of emergency surgery. I felt really lucky to have a gynecological surgeon, who was also a fertility specialist, in charge of my care, because I knew he would ensure my fertility future was well taken care of. He really is the best doctor, and it was bittersweet 'graduating' from his practice. Can not recommend him enough.
I would give any patient, of any doctor, the same advice, be patient and ask a lot of questions.
The entire nursing staff was professional and lovely as can be, which is exactly what you want when you are going through something as serious and intimidating as fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I loved the walk in hours at the clinic, but, sometimes waiting for bloodwork was grueling. And I just wondered why I had woken up so early just to sit in the office waiting for bloodwork. Overall, I would say the clinic was very organized, clean, and as nice of an environment as you could expect for a medical fertility clinic.
I can't remember specific costs, but I do remember that Dr. Pereira was very considerate with billing when my insurance wasn't the best.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Pereira took the time to review my history thoroughly and took the time to answer all my questions. He was the only person I saw for checkups and he was able to switch things around to do my retrieval as well. He was always encouraging and always followed up. If I had any concerns he saw me the same day or next day. I cannot recommend him enough! He is compassionate and really cares about his patients!
Ivf cycle [at Weill Cornell was] $10,500...The retrieval and transfer are typically done by the doctor that is assigned to the OR that day. I had [Dr. Pereira] for my retrieval but someone else for the transfer...he was very knowledgeable and comforting as well...Everyone at the clinic was very nice and always helpful. Setting up appointments was easy and I always got a follow up call with results in the afternoon. If they couldn’t reach me they’d call again instead of just leaving a message. I always felt like everyone knew who I am when I called and they directed my concerns to dr Pereira as necessary. This was the first clinic (out of 3) where I did not feel like a number
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Pereira always encouraged me that this will work and that there’s no reason that I can’t get pregnant. He always responded to my emails the same day and took all my concerns seriously. He was the only person I saw for all my checkups and the retrieval.
I started the cycle with 100mg of Clomid for 5 days. On day 4 I added 150iu Gonal and 150iu Menopur. Menopur was increased to 225iu after a few days (this was my request cause i felt i wasn’t responding well enough). The last 5 days before the retrieval I added Cetrotide. Since I had a failed transfer at another clinic with a PGS normal 6AA embryo, dr P suggested a fresh transfer for me. He explained that sometimes it’s better to do a day 3 transfer cause some embryos don’t like the lab and there’s a chance that my embryo was rejected by my immune system so an “untouched” embryo may be better for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Chrystal )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
At the tribeca office I never had to wait very long. However, the main office on the weekend gets crowded. I still feel like they were very organized and things moved well. You will always see your doctor for checkups. They are not done my a nurse or random doctor like other clinics. The only exception may be the weekend - but even then I was lucky enough to see my doctor. The retrieval and transfer are typically done by the doctor that is assigned to the OR that day. I had dr. P for my retrieval but someone else for the transfer. I forgot the name of the doctor that did my transfer, but he was very knowledgeable and comforting as well.
I always saw my doctor for monitoring and I never had to wait very long - even if it was crowded. The team is very organized.
Ivf cycle $10,500 ICSI $2,630 Sounding $600 Facility Fee $1005,84 Anesthesia $600 ————————- FET $4,260 Embryo Cryopreservation $1,050
Since I had 1 PGS normal out of 3 embryos during that first cycle, we decided to transfer 3 embryos. This is also the clinics recommendation for non-tested embryos at my age
+ Read more- Read less

I have Factor V Leiden blood clotting disorder. It was decided [by Dr. Pereira] at that point that I would give myself daily Enoxaparin Sodium injections starting with my next positive pregnancy test. We decided to try IUI to increase our pregnancy success rate and got pregnant. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy too at about 6 weeks though giving myself injections (on top of Progesterone supplements). Not wanting to deal with a 5th pregnancy loss that could potentially be due to an abnormal embryo, my husband decided to take aggressive action with IVF.
Cornell's early monitoring hours are really great and and make it really easy to avoid a disruption to work. It was easy to make appointments and get in for super last minute ultrasounds if I was ever feeling nervous about anything. Highly recommend Cornell's fertility care...The nurses at Cornell were really great and friendly which is really important when coming in daily at some points. They were always prompt with their calls to report blood results and some were particularly warm and friendly. At times it was hard to get in contact with them via phone, but they always returned your calls.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As previously mentioned, Dr Pereira always made me feel incredibly cared for. He always made time to explain everything and answer my questions thoroughly - no appointment ever felt rushed and I always felt like a priority of his.
To chose him as your reproductive doctor!
From the moment my husband and I met Dr Pereira, we really liked him. He is not only knowledgeable, but incredibly warm and compassionate and always made me feel like a priority, which was especially important after I suffered an additional miscarriage while under his care. He never made me feel like a number and treated my case specifically based on my medical history. If I ever had any questions for Dr P, he would email or give me a call even after hours. He is a wonderful person and the best doctor I have ever had.
As I had gotten pregnant two times previously on my own before visiting Cornell (and lost them), he started me out by putting me on Progesterone supplements post ovulation surge. I became pregnant naturally after my first cycle under his care and all was going well until week 9, when a heartbeat could no longer be detected. After testing it was determined that the fetus likely died due to a blood clot as it was 'normal' and I have Factor V Leiden blood clotting disorder. It was decided at that point that I would give myself daily Enoxaparin Sodium injections starting with my next positive pregnancy test. We decided to try IUI to increase our pregnancy success rate and got pregnant. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy too at about 6 weeks though giving myself injections (on top of Progesterone supplements). Not wanting to deal with a 5th pregnancy loss that could potentially be due to an abnormal embryo, my husband decided to take aggressive action with IVF. We became pregnant with our first transfer of one embryo and I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and will be giving myself daily 40mg injections of Enoxaparin Sodium through my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
While the office was generally super busy during monitoring hours and the wait could be longer than ideal, it was all managed quite well and the actual monitoring was really quick.
As we did not qualify for IUI and IVF medical coverage with mine or my husband's medical status, we had to pay a lot of money out of pocket, easily in excess of $20k after IVF.
Dr Pereira felt strongly that I should only have 1 embryo transferred due to my history with miscarriages and wanting to mitigate risk. This was in line with what my husband and I wanted to do also.

Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Although our journey was much harder than we expected he [Dr. Pereira] worked so tirelessly to support us with our desire to have a second baby...He kept adjusting our treatment, whilst acting in the most compassionate way. In the end we supported our successful transfer with immunology meds prescribed by our London Dr. I will never forget the day he called me with our first beta test results. It had been just over a full year we had been in his care and I know he was with us every step of the way, it was incredibly emotional. Having experienced very early losses he propped us up through the first weeks as I was so fragile and scared. I cannot thank him enough for all his support. We are eternally grateful.
Sometimes there would be a wait [at Weill Cornell Medical College], but we found Dr Pereira very punctual - the wait was more for the blood tests...worked with us to make it the most affordable...We absolutely felt educated on the trade offs between single and multiple embryo transfers...Despite the hardship in the first failed rounds, it was an overall extremely good experience. The staff were kind (I weirdly miss those kind smiling faces on reception) and it was so well run. Everything was taken care of for us and the team were on call should we have any queries at any time during our treatments.
Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
From the first consultation we had with Dr Pereira, we felt looked after, supported and informed. Although our journey was much harder than we expected he worked so tirelessly to support us with our desire to have a second baby. We believe we had immunology issues and for some unexplained reason the progesterone was not taking. He kept adjusting our treatment, whilst acting in the most compassionate way. In the end we supported our successful transfer with immunology meds prescribed by our London Dr. I will never forget the day he called me with our first beta test results. It had been just over a full year we had been in his care and I know he was with us every step of the way, it was incredibly emotional. Having experienced very early losses he propped us up through the first weeks as I was so fragile and scared. I cannot thank him enough for all his support. We are eternally grateful.
The clinic does not specialize in immunology, so you may need to seek supplementary advice
The care was warm, patient and kind. I was always able to speak to someone and Dr Pereira was available for us at all times, often calling us personally with results or for follow up.
He kept tweaking until it worked. I know the progesterone was one of our biggest and unexplained issues. He boosted my own progesterone during the successful cycle to assist with the injectables.
Overall our experience was wonderful with the nursing team. They were diligent and helpful and always accessible.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
If we needed to see Dr Pereira immediately without an existing appointment he would schedule us within monitoring hours in order to accommodate us - which was so appreciated. Sometimes there would be a wait, but we found Dr Pereira very punctual - the wait was more for the blood tests.
It felt reasonable in comparison to other treatments and he worked with us to ensure we had the best care. He was very kind and worked with us to make it the most affordable.
We absolutely felt educated on the trade offs between single and multiple embryo transfers. As our issue was not getting pregnant but staying pregnant we began by single only. Our successful pregnancy was our first multiple transfer that resulted in our daughter.
+ Read more- Read less

[Protocol with Dr. Pereira included] One round of Clomid...unsuccessful...One successful round of IVF with ICSI resulting in a singleton pregnancy...I cannot recommend Dr. Pereira highly enough. The whole experience exceeded our expectations and we truly felt like we were given all the necessary information in a timely and clear manner. All of our questions were answered and we were never left wondering. We felt as if we were the only patient in his care despite what I'm sure was many...It was such a pleasure which is a weird thing to say about Fertility Treatments. I have been recommending him to anyone that will listen.
nurse Crystal [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was also a complete joy who was always so prompt in her response and super positive and kind. Every interaction even if it was not great news was a pleasure and so professionally handled...nothing was ever too much trouble...There was one particular front desk lady that was never all that friendly or happy to be there but apart from her everyone was lovely and welcoming. Wait time was fine and never too long. You always knew what to expect in regards to process and timing...It was such a pleasure which is a weird thing to say about Fertility Treatments. I have been recommending him to anyone that will listen.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Refer to my earlier note - just incredible. Honestly I can't find one area for improvement. It was such a pleasure which is a weird thing to say about Fertility Treatments. I have been recommending him to anyone that will listen.
Don't be afraid to ask any and all questions as they are always well received and promptly, clearly answered.
I cannot recommend Dr. Pereira highly enough. The whole experience exceeded our expectations and we truly felt like we were given all the necessary information in a timely and clear manner. All of our questions were answered and we were never left wondering. We felt as if we were the only patient in his care despite what I'm sure was many. His nurse Crystal was also a complete joy who was always so prompt in her response and super positive and kind. Every interaction even if it was not great news was a pleasure and so professionally handled.
One round of Clomid unsuccessful No IUI One successful round of IVF with ICSI resulting in a singleton pregnancy
LOVED Crystal. She ALWAYS responded to my messages in a timely manner and nothing was ever too much trouble.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Pereira] explained the risks and rewards of [Eset] for a woman my age. His funny warning was with sending up 2 embryos, you can't return them if you get twins!...His bedside manner is honest and very dedicated about communicating the right things of whats going on and to have these expectations. He's very informative yet warm. I completely trusted his suggestions and what percentages would occur and how to proceed with treatment. He would never take unnecessary risks and made sure to have the best success rate.
[The nurses at Weill Cornell were] Super efficient! In and out with the blood work and always ready to call over a last minute drug!...cost effective and you felt like they were very educational. They wants the positive results but weren't driven by the money gained from it. They were honest about possibilities and managing expectations. If they felt it was too risky they wouldn't push for the procedure just for financial benefit...
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He's great with communicating online and always able to be reached and cost conscious for those paying out of pocket. My insurance would not cover a certain procedure that was deemed normal but he decided it wasn't necessary in my case at the $1500 cost.
We weren't getting the cycles and blood work back correctly as high as we wanted so he kept changing the drugs until they were perfect. He did not want to waste 2 AA embryos!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very efficient, cost effective and you felt like they were very educational. They wants the positive results but weren't driven by the money gained from it. They were honest about possibilities and managing expectations. If they felt it was too risky they wouldn't push for the procedure just for financial benefit.
Everything was not covered by my terrible insurance so it was out of pocket. He was very good at keeping procedures or ordering medicine only as necessary.
He explained the risks and rewards of each for a woman my age. His funny warning was with sending up 2 embryos, you can't return them if you get twins! haha!
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Pereira] was just so kind and attentive. He gave me his email on the first appointment and was true to his word in responsiveness. He also listened without judgment and just made me feel like he was in this journey with me...I enjoyed every visit. It didn't feel clinical - i felt like each time I got new facts and was more and more empowered about my body. Couldn't be more grateful to have found him. I was quite sad that my journey with Dr. Pereira had to end at nine weeks. I felt so comfortable with him that i wished he could be part of my entire journey.
They [nurses at Weill Cornell Medical College] were all so kind. They knew your name, were always friendly and in time - honestly nothing bad to say about the practice at all...I do wish they had more detail around costs of some of the genetic testing as i don't believe all of that ended up being covered...This location is just great. Brand new and organized. My only complaint - however slight - is that the front desk check in just wasn't as kind as the medical staff. But so minor that i could not recommend this clinic more.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Just don't hesitate. Trust he will try everything.
He was just so kind and attentive. He gave me his email on the first appointment and was true to his word in responsiveness. He also listened without judgment and just made me feel like he was in this journey with me.
I got lucky with the first one. We just did clomid and my partner couldnt do the iui and it happened to work!
They were all so kind. They knew your name, were always friendly and in time - honestly nothing bad to say about the practice at all.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It was covered under insurance. I do wish they had more detail around costs of some of the genetic testing as i don't believe all of that ended up being covered.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Pereira. He was incredibly professional, knowledgeable and empathetic. I always felt like I could ask him any question and he would give me a straight answer. When there were options, i always understood the pros/cons and risks...be sure to ask questions. He’s a world of knowledge...For IVF with donor egg/sperm, I was given estrogen patch and progesterone protocols. I am currently 4 months pregnant with a little girl and extremely excited.
They [nurses at Weill Cornell Medical College] were great...Cradle to grave costs not covered by my insurance including donor egg was about $20,000...The clinic was very professional and helpful. It was always easy to set up appointments. They were always punctual and diligent. Everyone at the clinic treats you with the utmost compassion and makes you feel like a person and not a number...For IUI there were no treatments. For IVF with donor egg/sperm, I was given estrogen patch and progesterone protocols. I am currently 4 months pregnant with a little girl and extremely excited.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would recommend they be open and honest and be sure to ask questions. He’s a world of knowledge.
He was always incredibly patient and took his time to understand my situation and explain things thoroughly. He remembered my particular situations and was always sensitive to them.
They were great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am glad we did single embryo transfer.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira always took the time to answer our questions and we never felt rushed. He also would answer emails immediately and would get me in whenever I needed. There was never a long wait. In our first appointment he spent a lot of time explaining what our options are and what was going on in a detailed way and had a power point presentation which helped us understand the process and the steps we needed to move forward.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were all lovely and pleasant on the phone. The results were always given in a timely fashion...I never waited for more than a couple of minutes to be seen and if I was early I would be taken early. The waiting room is big, bright and clean. The front desk staff is helpful and friendly and make you feel welcome when you come in...My insurance covered the majority of the costs...Dr. Pereira took the time to explain everything to us and allowed us the time to ask him every question. He was also very responsive to emails and calls. He would often call himself to give results. He reassured us at a time that was precarious and sensitive and continued to support us throughout our time with him.
Book him ASAP
The nurses were all lovely and pleasant on the phone. The results were always given in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs.
+ Read more- Read less
From the outset he [Dr. Pereira] gave us a detailed explanation of our options and counseled us through the process. After almost 3.5 years of trying to conceive naturally with his help we were able to get pregnant....always called me by name and were patient and sympathetic with my questions and concerns...preferred one embryo transfer but the week after retrieval we played it by ear and he gave us the choice of a day three or day five transfer.
I loved the location, cleanliness, front desk staff and Amanda [at Weill Cornell]! At times it felt like a cattle call but that's to be expected at a fertility clinic in NYC. I looked forward to my appointments even when they were very early in the morning. I did not like that there wasn't weekend monitoring at the downtown location...staff always called me by name and were patient and sympathetic with my questions and concerns.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We found Dr. Pereira after reading lots of reviews online. From the outset he gave us a detailed explanation of our options and counseled us through the process. After almost 3.5 years of trying to conceive naturally with his help we were able to get pregnant. Thank you Dr. Pereira.
Listen to him. He will give it to you straight.
Dr. Pereira and his staff always called me by name and were patient and sympathetic with my questions and concerns.
Don't recall
Just as knowledgeable as the doctor but not as warm.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I loved the location, cleanliness, front desk staff and Amanda! At times it felt like a cattle call but that's to be expected at a fertility clinic in NYC. I looked forward to my appointments even when they were very early in the morning. I did not like that there wasn't weekend monitoring at the downtown location.
See previous comment
Dr. Pereira preferred one embryo transfer but the week after retrieval we played it by ear and he gave us the choice of a day three or day five transfer.

2020
Dr Pereira was extremely patient during each appointment. I never felt rushed, and he was very attentive to answering any questions or concerns I had. The first time my husband came to an appointment, he was greeted by name, and made to feel very comfortable...I am 43 years old and went to see Dr Pereira for guidance on how to proceed with a pregnancy at this age, without knowing whether I would encounter fertility or other issues. Dr Periera was incredibly kind, patient and comprehensive in his advice. There was never any pressure to go down any particular path of fertility treatment, rather he laid out very carefully all of the information and my options. Dr Pereira was extremely attentive and treated each appointment in a very personal and professional manner. My husband was made to feel very comfortable as well, and felt very much involved in the process. Dr Periera is extremely responsive by email and we were made to feel very much at ease in asking any questions at any time. On my first appointment, Dr Periera told me that he treated each of his patients like family, and I truly felt that to be the case. In the end, we were very fortunate to fall pregnant naturally and continued to be under Dr Pereira's care for only a short period while he looked after our pregnancy during the high risk first trimester, but in the future if we need to address fertility issues for another pregnancy, I would absolutely return to see Dr Pereira.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] is extremely well run, clean and modern. The front desk staff are polite and efficient, and the waiting times are very short. The staff are friendly and professional and inspire confidence. The environment is comfortable...The care co-ordinator was extremely helpful. After each test, I was always promptly called afterwards with the results...I am 43 years old and went to see Dr Pereira for guidance on how to proceed with a pregnancy at this age, without knowing whether I would encounter fertility or other issues. Dr Periera was incredibly kind, patient and comprehensive in his advice. There was never any pressure to go down any particular path of fertility treatment, rather he laid out very carefully all of the information and my options.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I could not recommend Dr Pereira highly enough. I am 43 years old and went to see Dr Pereira for guidance on how to proceed with a pregnancy at this age, without knowing whether I would encounter fertility or other issues. Dr Periera was incredibly kind, patient and comprehensive in his advice. There was never any pressure to go down any particular path of fertility treatment, rather he laid out very carefully all of the information and my options. Dr Pereira was extremely attentive and treated each appointment in a very personal and professional manner. My husband was made to feel very comfortable as well, and felt very much involved in the process. Dr Periera is extremely responsive by email and we were made to feel very much at ease in asking any questions at any time. On my first appointment, Dr Periera told me that he treated each of his patients like family, and I truly felt that to be the case. In the end, we were very fortunate to fall pregnant naturally and continued to be under Dr Pereira's care for only a short period while he looked after our pregnancy during the high risk first trimester, but in the future if we need to address fertility issues for another pregnancy, I would absolutely return to see Dr Pereira.
Do not hesitate! You will receive excellent care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Megi Zeku)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is extremely well run, clean and modern. The front desk staff are polite and efficient, and the waiting times are very short. The staff are friendly and professional and inspire confidence. The environment is comfortable.
+ Read more- Read less
I feel very fortunate because I was able to conceive after my second cycle with Dr. P[ereira]. I came to him after trying for several months and doing 3 cycles of clomid with my OB/GYN. I did 2 cycles of Letrozole/monitoring with Dr. Pereira and conceived the second one. The nurses call with the analysis of your bloodwork to tell you the best time to have sex. The level of detail is just amazing...He has a great sense of humor and explained the issues and options in detail. Each time he saw me he greeted me by name and chatted with me.
I was amazed at how much information the monitoring could provide. The office [Weill Cornell Medical College] runs extremely efficiently and you are able to have an early appointment so as not to disrupt the work day. Each ultrasound and blood drawing were quick and efficient... The nurses call with the analysis of your bloodwork to tell you the best time to have sex. The level of detail is just amazing...Convenience, efficiency, great for working moms-to-be, completely transparent, professional, clean, knowledgeable. Weill Cornell was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad that I went there. From day one I was sure that we would be successful with Dr. Pereira
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I was amazed at how much information the monitoring could provide. The office runs extremely efficiently and you are able to have an early appointment so as not to disrupt the work day. Each ultrasound and blood drawing were quick and efficient
You can really leave it all up to him to guide you!
From the moment I met Dr. Pereira, I completely trusted him and felt comfortable. He has a great sense of humor and explained the issues and options in detail. Each time he saw me he greeted me by name and chatted with me.
I feel very fortunate because I was able to conceive after my second cycle with Dr. P. I came to him after trying for several months and doing 3 cycles of clomid with my OB/GYN. I did 2 cycles of Letrozole/monitoring with Dr. Pereira and conceived the second one. The nurses call with the analysis of your bloodwork to tell you the best time to have sex. The level of detail is just amazing.
everyone was very friendly even though it would be before 7 or 8am each time I was there! everyone was helpful, wished me well and then was so kind when I "graduated" from testing at 9 weeks :)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a $20 co-pay each visit. I was amazed at how much our insurance covered. I did pay a bit more for the fallopian tube test, I think around $80. So probably in total I spend $400-$500
+ Read more- Read less

Cornell is a bit of a factory but they have their act together. If you are with an incredible doctor like we were than it doesn't matter how large it is. They are a fantastic research institution and you are in good hands at Cornell...We came to him after switching from a different clinic in NJ where we had two failed IVF cycles. Dr. Pereira immediately noticed that our medicine dosages had been completely incorrect, along with incorrect timing of trigger shot resulting in poor quality eggs. Not only did Dr. P reinstate our hope in ever having children, but he thought that we should give an IUI a chance because our original diagnosis of poor morphology was potentially not as bad as initially thought.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We are forever grateful to the wonderful Dr. Pereira! We came to him after switching from a different clinic in NJ where we had two failed IVF cycles. Dr. Pereira immediately noticed that our medicine dosages had been completely incorrect, along with incorrect timing of trigger shot resulting in poor quality eggs. Not only did Dr. P reinstate our hope in ever having children, but he thought that we should give an IUI a chance because our original diagnosis of poor morphology was potentially not as bad as initially thought. Dr. P’s instinct was spot on because our very first IUI with him worked! Aside from our miracle we felt confident that he is a doctor who would always know what to do next when unexpected outcomes come up, and his incredible knowledge and confidence was obvious. Not to mention, he is an all-around awesome guy (and funny too)! We will definitely be back to him (if we need) for baby number 2 and HIGHLY recommend him to anyone struggling with incompetent doctors and a complex fertility case.
On first visit give him all information you have so far - any tests or stats on what you have done so far to conceive. He takes the time to review all of it and will be able to give you great feedback and direction from the first visit.
Dr. P wanted to observe my eggs naturally for one cycle to see how large the follicle gets to better help us time the trigger for IVF. During the monitoring he thought we mine as well try an IUI because our morphology issue was not as bad as we were originally told. The IUI resulted in a positive and continuing pregnancy (currently 15W)
standard
Dr. P will do single or multiple depending on factors but we did not do IVF with him in the end.
+ Read more- Read less

his [Dr. Nigel Pereira's] care was extremely on-point, professional and helpful in every way. I was sad to "graduate" from his care after i got pregnant and wish that he could have been my doctor throughout my pregnancy...He is one of the most compassionate and professional doctors i have ever worked with and has amazing bedside manner. Not only did he answer all of my questions via email, phone and at the office, but every appointment was thoughtful and considerate. I never felt rushed or as if my questions were unnecessary.
Weill Cornell - Tribeca is very clean and well organized facility. The staff at the reception is also warm and well mannered. They treat patients with care and compassion. I recommend them to anyone seeking a fertility specialiat clinic. They managed the wait times well, and always answered any questions...The nurse (Crystal) was good...Dr. Pereira is simply amazing, as a doctor & a human. He is one of the most compassionate and professional doctors i have ever worked with and has amazing bedside manner. Not only did he answer all of my questions via email, phone and at the office, but every appointment was thoughtful and considerate. I never felt rushed or as if my questions were unnecessary. Furthermore, his care was extremely on-point, professional and helpful in every way. I was sad to "graduate" from his care after i got pregnant and wish that he could have been my doctor throughout my pregnancy.
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't worry, you're in great hands!
The nurse (Crystal) was good.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Pereira was just a lovely person from the moment I first met him in consultation all the way through. He was knowledgeable and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me, and making sure I understood and that he wasn't going to fast. He was easy to reach and always returned calls/emails promptly. He was positive and compassionate in every interaction...He explained basically everything about human reproduction and how age affects it, did base line testing and then discussed a strategy with me. Timed intercourse did not yield a positive pregnancy test the first cycle so, as we had discussed when I first consulted with him, for the second cycle he prescribed clomid. With timed intercourse I conceived on the second cycle with Dr. Pereira.
staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were available constantly, there was never a time that I was unable to reach someone, get an answer to a question, or make an appointment for follow-up. They took time to answer all questions and never made me feel like I was bothering them or being too "needy."...[The nurses] Always called back promptly, answered all questions, made the entire process as easy as they possibly could...New, clean, well run and organized. It gets very busy but I don't think they can be blamed for that, I think it's amazing that the doctors and staff work so hard to help so many as quickly as possible.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was just a lovely person from the moment I first met him in consultation all the way through. He was knowledgeable and did an excellent job of explaining everything to me, and making sure I understood and that he wasn't going to fast. He was easy to reach and always returned calls/emails promptly. He was positive and compassionate in every interaction. I couldn't think of enough good things to say about him.
The sooner you start seeing him the better
Dr. Pereira and his staff were available constantly, there was never a time that I was unable to reach someone, get an answer to a question, or make an appointment for follow-up. They took time to answer all questions and never made me feel like I was bothering them or being too "needy."
When I first started seeing him I had been trying to conceive for about a year unsuccessfully at the age of 38. He explained basically everything about human reproduction and how age affects it, did base line testing and then discussed a strategy with me. Timed intercourse did not yield a positive pregnancy test the first cycle so, as we had discussed when I first consulted with him, for the second cycle he prescribed clomid. With timed intercourse I conceived on the second cycle with Dr. Pereira.
Dr. Pereira's team is excellent. Always called back promptly, answered all questions, made the entire process as easy as they possibly could.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was lucky enough to have good insurance so I think I paid a $50 co-pay at each visit, $20 for the ultrasound and $30 for blood work.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
We started step by step and little by little [with Dr. Pereira], from a natural conception/cycle, then taking medication (Clomid), after that and HSG procedure, then surgery to see inside my body possible infertility problems, in my case, I had Endometriosis, the we IUI (4 rounds), and finally I got pregnant...We have always received personal attention from Dr. P...He always had answers to our problems and clear solutions to the options and next steps to follow within the infertility treatment/process.
We loved the facilities [at Weill Cornell], very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend the location in Tribeca and Upper East to a friend. Also, the hospitals where they perform the surgeries were very high end...We have always received personal attention from Dr. P[ereira] and all his staff...The [nursing] staff was always very careful and helpful with my personal needs and petitions...We started step by step and little by little, from a natural conception/cycle, then taking medication (Clomid), after that and HSG procedure, then surgery to see inside my body possible infertility problems, in my case, I had Endometriosis, the we IUI (4 rounds), and finally I got pregnant.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is a wonderful person and a very professional doctor with a lot of experience, patience, and knowledge in his field. He has explained the entire fertility treatments to us from the beginning in a very graphical and didactical way, so we could choose in every stage of the process what options will fit better to our needs. He always had an answer to our problems and a clear solution for the next steps.
Visit the Doctor at an early stage of the process would be better, so you can understand the treatments that exist and could help to your specific problem and also will help you to take fast and smart decisions.
We have always received personal attention from Dr. P and all his staff. He always had answers to our problems and clear solutions to the options and next steps to follow within the infertility treatment/process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Kristal )
The staff was always very careful and helpful with my personal needs and petitions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the facilities, very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend the location in Tribeca and Upper East to a friend. Also, the hospitals where they perform the surgeries were very high end.
Clomid around $25 o $30 dollars per cycle. HSG around $1,000 Trigger shots - $120 IUI - $750 (not included in my insurence) Laparoscopy - $3,000
We do not have any comments. I got pregnant with a single embryo but in our case, I don't think that multiple embryos/pregnancy would have been a problem.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Nigel Pereira] is patient, personable and a straight-up excellent doctor. He is always aware of the facts of my case and presents the news to me in the best way possible. So I felt like I was in great-hands. I trusted him completely. Also I got pregnant...Familiarity with my particular case, where I was at in my cycle, friendly and optimistic but realistic treatment.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College] has a lot patients, but they are extraordinarily well-organized and run the clinic proficiently and professionally. Despite volume, you never feel like a number with the staff. The earlier you arrive for daily monitoring, the quicker you will finish the process. That said, it is remarkable how efficient they are...[nurses are] Exceptional, organized, reliable, communicative, helpful, the best...Luckily insurance covers some of my treatment, but the billing process is transparent.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I have recommended Dr. Pereira to my friends. One doctor friend of mine went through egg freezing with Dr. Pereira, and she described her experience as "outstanding." I too felt that way about Dr. Pereira. He is patient, personable and a straight-up excellent doctor. He is always aware of the facts of my case and presents the news to me in the best way possible. So I felt like I was in great-hands. I trusted him completely. Also I got pregnant.
You're in the best hands. You have found the best doctor in New York for fertility issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl Sabatino )
Exceptional, organized, reliable, communicative, helpful, the best.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has a lot patients, but they are extraordinarily well-organized and run the clinic proficiently and professionally. Despite volume, you never feel like a number with the staff. The earlier you arrive for daily monitoring, the quicker you will finish the process. That said, it is remarkable how efficient they are.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Pereira tracked my cycle through blood tests and ultrasounds. I had a hysteroscopy to remove my uterine fibroid...I saw Dr. Pereira for almost a year and had two minor surgeries...was always so kind and thoughtful and took the time to thoroughly explain things and answer questions...was extremely thoughtful and thorough in explaining everything, drawing diagrams to give me visuals, and outlining the various treatment options. He was super accessible and responsive to any questions I had.
Be prepared to have to go in for early visits [at Weill Cornell Medical College], but they are usually very short...They [nurses] were always very friendly and informative. And they always called promptly with blood test results...The front desk staff were not always the most friendly, but I know they were checking in hundreds of women every morning. Everything else was always very smooth. Aside from a few times when I had a long wait, usually I was able to see the doctor within 5-10 minutes and appointments were very quick.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was extremely thoughtful and thorough in explaining everything, drawing diagrams to give me visuals, and outlining the various treatment options. He was super accessible and responsive to any questions I had.
Be prepared to have to go in for early visits, but they are usually very short.
Dr. Pereira was always so kind and thoughtful and took the time to thoroughly explain things and answer questions.
They were always very friendly and informative. And they always called promptly with blood test results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My costs were reasonable. I did end up having a lot of bills because I saw Dr. Pereira for almost a year and had two minor surgeries, so those were a little bit expensive until I met my out-of-pocket maximum for the year.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Pereira] was compassionate, caring and was always available to answer any questions or assist in anyway. He also gave me a much greater understanding into PCOS and after a few months I was able to get pregnant...He replies to emails so promptly and made me feel comfortable and optimistic throughout this whole process. I worked with him for four months and I am now expecting!! I am beyond grateful and cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Pereira and my experience here.
Everyone [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was warm, friendly and helpful...Only great things to say. They were always accommodating with appointments, minimal wait time and it was a new and clean office. The staff was friendly and knew their patients. They always called within the same day with results and follow up information...Letrozole 5-7days a month to induce ovulation and a trigger shot prior to IUI to release the egg...
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I had such an amazing experience with Dr. Pereira and would refer him to anyone! He is so kind, patient, and attentive. He replies to emails so promptly and made me feel comfortable and optimistic throughout this whole process. I worked with him for four months and I am now expecting!! I am beyond grateful and cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Pereira and my experience here.
Be patient with the process, he is a wonderful doctor and it is all worth the wait!
He was compassionate, caring and was always available to answer any questions or assist in anyway. He also gave me a much greater understanding into PCOS and after a few months I was able to get pregnant.
Everyone was warm, friendly and helpful.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Pereira is a wonderful doctor. I cannot recommend him more highly. He was transparent, informative, expert in his knowledge, and had amazing bedside manner. Both my husband and I felt so comfortable with him and trusted him with every step. We had great results and would absolutely go back to him if needed in the future...Diagnosis followed by natural conception based on his recommendation of the timing for intercourse...
[Nurses at Weill Cornell Medical College were] Helpful, communicative, nice bedside manner...Transparent in their policies; communicative; very responsive to questions, calls, and requests; easy to schedule; nice staff. If I had to say a weakness, sometimes I had to wait for bloodwork. My doctor was always on time though...Diagnosis followed by natural conception based on [Dr. Pereira's] recommendation of the timing for intercourse.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Communicate about your needs and ask any questions; he will be receptive!
Dr. Pereira was understanding, patient, warm, and took the time to answer our questions and get to know our needs.
Helpful, communicative, nice bedside manner.
Copayments; medication cost