Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College
ResidencyDrexel U
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nigel Pereira to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Dr. Pereira educated me on all of the tradeoffs and risk, he recommended a single embryo transfer and I listened to his recommendation, no questions asked. He felt this is safer and a better option for my body...I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
I rarely waited for an appointment [at Weill Cornell Medical College]...It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here...The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira must see 100s of patients, but he made me feel like he was specifically there for me. He answers emails within minutes and often would call me when I would send a panic email to reassure me that things were okay and we would troubleshoot where needed. He explained things to me when I had questions, I never felt emabrassed to ask anything and even during invasive treatment moments, I never felt self concious, he always made sure I was comfortable and aware of everything that I should expect to happen. His communication is stellar and his bed side manner, unmatched.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would tell a prospective patient to ask every question, come prepared with questions since the appointments are often quick and routine. I would also encourage any patient to send an email when feeling unsure - there is no better feeling than your doctor reassuring you that things are okay when you feel that something may be wrong. Ask the question, write the email. He will be there for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is the best doctor I have ever seen. I saw him at just about every single one of my monitoring appointments, he made sure to ask me questions about my life remembering details we had talked about the time before. He treated me extra delicately knowing about my fear of needles. The nurses are PHENOMENAL, I truly felt like they cared for me and knew my specific needs every time I walked into the Tribeca office.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I began treatment with Dr. Pereira in October 2019 with Clomid and Timed Intercourse. Since we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, there was really nothing wrong with us on paper, we started "slow" to see how I reacted to the Clomid. This cycle failed. But, we knew I was ovulating so perhaps it was timing - in November 2019, we tried Clomid again with a trigger shot and Timed Intercourse, this cycle also failed but again, I had ovulated. In December, we tried an IUI which unfortunately failed as well. Now we know I ovulate and my partner's sperm is perfectly normal, however, my Prolactin level came back slightly elevated. Dr. Pereira assured me it was nothing to worry about but I did have an MRI on my brain to ensure there was no pituatary tumor. MRI was clear! I took January and February off as I had a cyst from the Clomid. In March, we tried Letrozole and my body responded better to this medication, I ovulated, we triggered and tried IUI. This cycle failed as well. COVID hit and treatment was cancelled. The second treatment was able to resume, Dr. Pereira was in contact with me to discuss next steps. We tried one more Letrozole cycle in May before moving on to IVF. I came to this conclusion in partnership with Dr. Pereira. I was frustrated and ready to move on to a more advanced option. Dr. Pereira and team gave me all the information I needed to begin (it's a lot) and even helped with insurance as that is almost the hardest part of this whole thing! We began IVF in June and responded very well to the protocol. Dr. Pereira was very supportive and involved every step of the way. I am terrified of needles to the nurses supported me with bloodwork and made me feel comfortable. We had our egg retrieval and decided on a "freeze all" cycle and a day 5 FET. We retrieved 20 eggs, 19 mature and 12 made it to day 5! Outstanding results, we could not have been happier. We did do ICSI and did not do genetic testing on the embryos. For our transfer cycle, I was able to do a natural cycle with no medication, just monitoring for ovulation so a lot of bloodwork but was so grateful to be able to do this naturally and unmedicated. Dr.Pereira had faith in me! We had our transfer and found out we were pregnant in August. I am currently 3 months pregnant with a healthy baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Inez and Crystal )
The nurses at Cornell are amazing! Inez was my go-to at monitoring appointments and for bloodwork, she is an angel. She would let me lay down and treated me with kid gloves as this was my biggest fear. If Inez was not around, the other nurses were also just as sweet - they would even give me an apple juice and snack afterwards. Crystal would call me with results and next steps after monitoring and she was very clear and thorough, which I always appreciated.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is huge but I never felt like a number. I personally received majority of my treatment at the Tribeca office which is beautiful and clean. I rarely waited for an appointment. It was during COVID times so things were different but so clean, so safe and organized. It was super easy to get in touch with the doctor, a little harder to get in touch with the front desk directly, but I would go through my doctor's assistant. The IVF suite where retrieval and transfer was also very nice, clean and had sweet employees and nurses. The staff is all so educated and prepared, you are in great hands here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had great insurance. Copay for appointments were $40 each time. IUI was about $300-$500 each time. My MRI was $1600. IVF was about $30k all in.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs [with Dr. Nigel Pereira]...We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy... has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions...The clinic runs pretty smoothly and the staff there is very friendly. They all knew me by name and I loved all of the staff at the Tribeca office. Can't think of any weaknesses, other than not having a fixed schedule for the person who does the notarization - and that's really a tiny thing. You can always call and ask.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira has always been very patient with me with all my questions and was always very caring during my visits, even with simple things other doctors during my monitoring never did like lowering the bed and helping me up (I'm a short person). He remembered my symptoms and diagnosis (which all doctors should, but most don't). He's one of those doctors when you speak with them, half your malaise is gone! :) Plus, he's funny, caring, and extremely caring.
Prepare a list of questions for Dr. Pereira before each visit. He will very patiently answer all of them if you ask.
Dr. Pereira has always taken his time to explain things to me from the very beginning and went out of his way to assuage my worries. There was a time during my monitoring when I didn't get to see him but had a lot of questions. He immediately set up a time to call me and answered my questions.
After removing my endometrioma and polyp, we tried naturally for some time and then did four IUIs (two with Letrozole and two natural) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto one FET IVF (without PGT) which resulted in our current pregnancy. IVF Stimulation protocol: Day 2; 200FSH; Added Menopur with Antagonist; Dual trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
Most of the nurses were okay in terms of being patient with my questions, being compassionate, etc. But one in particular nurse, Tamara Edme especially upset me on the day of transfer (when I was especially nervous). She was very rude to me when I asked her if I could ask questions saying that she didn't have time and had to get to other patients. After I insisted, she gave me the wrong information (not on purpose; she just didn't know). My advice would be to be on top of everything and not rely on the nursing staff because they gave me the wrong information or forgot to mention things multiple times. Be sure to write everything down and double-check with them from your written notes each time they call you with instructions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Covered mostly by insurance. Co-pay was around a few thousand dollars.
Dr. Pereira advised me to do a single embryo transfer based on my age, stature, and diagnosis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
This was not someone particularly from this clinic per se, but the nursing staff wasn't the best. I mentioned that before.

2020
Very organized. I... Everyone was extremely efficient and helpful. I preferred the tribeca office because it was much quieter/faster. ... had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was incredible to work with and very collaborative. I had done a lot of research on my own and had a lot of questions on DOR (AMH - ~.83) and different supplements/treatment protocols. He let us know what he would recommend, but said we were a team and if there was something we felt strongly about he was very open to incorporating that into our plan (fresh transfer. PGS testing etc). He saw me on every single visit and was always warm and friendly. This was also all during coronavirus and he went above and beyond to try to alleviate our fears and make us comfortable. We were preparing for IVF and had me on an estrogen patch for the last week of my period cycle prior. We also did timed intercourse then (where he monitored ovulation and my levels) and between that and the estrogen patch we managed to get pregnant prior to starting IVF. Given that I had previously had a chemical pregnancy, I was still very nervous once we were pregnant and he monitored all of my levels and provided me with progesterone and estrogen support. I couldn't recommend him more.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he is very easy to talk to.
Dr. Pereira went above and beyond to sit us down and walk us through how everything worked and all of my options for over an hour. He told us that while we were seeing him we were like family and gave us his email address. Any time we sent him any question he responded within a few hours (if not 20 minutes) even though he is extremely busy and no matter how silly the question may have been.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very organized. I had previously been at RMA and RMA had someone who helped with financial coordination a bit more, but Weill has that as well, however they have you call your insurance and confirm everything personally which took some time. Other than that, zero complaints.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira is extremely knowledgeable, caring, ready to help, answers email in few hours. I have had so many questions, confusion and worry but Dr. Pereira was there to answer and explain everything with so much patience... I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
nurses and staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait...staff is very efficient and punctual...Nurses are very efficient and lovely to deal with. The only issue I feel is that nurses should have email also to communicate with patients or to update results on email and update daily protocol...Going to clinic every morning for monitoring was not fun but it was necessary. There was hardly any wait in Tribeca office but on weekends you have to go to upper east office and there you have to wait for 30+ mins
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust your Doctor and ask questions he will answer all of them. I had to go through many procedures with Dr Pereira and other two doctors/clinics but all the procedures Dr. Pereira did were so much less painful. He will arrange everything so quickly its unbelievable. My husband had to meet urologist and the appointment was weeks away but he called and arranged appointment in few days.
We cannot recommend Dr. Pereira enough! Dr. Pereira is an excellent doctor and a wonderful human being. He goes out of his way to help you. Infertility is a tough journey and sometimes one needs reassurance from your doctor that things will be okay. Dr. Pereira was there for us whenever we needed help from him even at odd hours of the day. He has excellent bed side manners. We have not seen such humble, caring, intelligent and funny doctor before. He is subject matter expert and explains everything very clearly and encourages you to ask questions. His nurses and staff are very cheerful, helpful and always smiling. You never have to wait at his clinic and the staff is very efficient and punctual. We will always be grateful for his help and care during our infertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal )
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
You never have to wait here. If you are leaving work and coming to clinic you will be out in less than 20-25 mins finishing your appointment. There is no wait time. The location is good, the clinic looks new and clean. Weaknesses - dealing with billing team
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
IVF was not included in our insurance plan so it was around for one cycle $15k + medicines with copay.
After two failed cycles I wanted to transfer two 5 day blastocyst but Dr. Pereira suggested we should just transfer one and we did the same.
Tribeca

Dr. P[ereira] is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!...He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing...I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!...Making an appointment is VERY easy too.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Nigel Pereira is amazing. Would recommend him to my best friend, in fact I did and she got pregnant right away! I have also recommended him to a handful of other friends, and several are already pregnant! Having a doctor that you trust, feel at ease with and also know if you shoot him an email will get back to you VERY soon is a blessing and all you can hope for with your fertility journey. Also, Dr. P is sensitive to what is going on in your life whether it be travel for work, fear of needles or both!! He finds ways to make everything as easy as possible on you. Truly couldn’t recommend someone more -- was VERY upset when I had my last appointment with him and tried to find out if there was any way I could keep him through delivery!
Trust him and feel comfortable asking him anything! He is truly the most wonderful person, if you are having any issues emotional, physical tell him and he will take that into consideration. I am VERY afraid of needles so the blood draws were not fun for me -- after telling him he would ensure that if that blood test wasn't 100% necessary I didn't have to take it. Also, ask him anything because once you do you will feel better - he has a way about him of just putting you at ease, no matter what the response is!
Dr. Nigel Pereira treats all patients as if they are his family. This is a tough and emotional roller coaster but he is there every step of the way to ensure you have everything you need. His bedside manner is also just what you need! Just one of the many examples of how amazing, Dr. P is - He was away visiting a family member who was sick and still personally called me on a weekend to provide me with an update on my blood results.
I found out a few months into my fertility journey that I had PCOS and needed to see a R.E. Luckily after HSG and sperm testing everything looked good on our end and we started letrozole. We tried naturally the first month. The next 4 months we tried with an IUI (we think one month we were a little too late based on my work travel :/). We also use an estrogen patch to help with the growth of my lining. We were hesitant to just do clomid to start because of my lining issues but we wanted to try a mix of letrozole and clomid to see if that would bear fruit. The first attempt of trying to medicine we saw no progress but we tried it again (this was our last ditch attempt to get pregnant before IVF) and I am thrilled and it worked! I am just shy of 13 weeks pregnant. I cannot say it enough, there is NO other doctor I would have rather gone on this journey with. Dr. P and his entire team were amazing, he is the best doctor and person out there!!
The nursing staff is amazing! They always see me and give me a big smile and ask me questions about how I am doing. I mentioned this before, but I am very afraid of needles, and they all are so patient and sweet to me. I have even broken down in tears before when I knew my blood test was going to be negative but they know what to say and do. Compassionate nurses make a VERY big difference!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very organized, despite having a lot of women go through I feel like I am a priority and trust everything. They have two locations one UES and one Tribeca. I actually love UES but schlep downtown to see Dr. P several times a week - he always tries to find days he is working UES so I don’t need to travel as far. We also get to go UES on the weekend trips so that is a nice treat or for IUI or spem analysis. The afternoon following a blood test you get a call from the office with updates on medication as well as next steps if you didn’t already discuss. Making an appointment is VERY easy too. DR. P has his own medical assistant, Megi. Megi is very responsive and makes it all work!!!
I left my prior job and am currently paying for COBRA because the fertility benefits were better than my new job (non-existent!) IUI was $735 including male and female components.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira always takes the time to genuinely say hello, asks how you are and you can tell he really cares. He is extremely responsive to emails and calls. Within 24 hours, if not sooner you hear from him. At initial consult he took to time to clearly explain reproduction, hormones, levels etc and what everything means and why it is important. He is very knowledgeable and competent...I had a wonderful experience and am so glad I went with Dr. Pereira. He treats you like a human and takes the time to explain everything, your options, process etc. He is responsive and patient with questions and clarifications. I felt in very good hands and honestly he and the office made all the difference. I can't recommend him enough. Extremely supportive.
Val [nurse at Weill Cornell] was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great...I liked the way Monitoring worked. Tribeca office is so easy ( if you live downtown). It's a nice, quiet office building. Fewer patients compared to UES and the wait it not long. Including my 10 minute commute to office, I could leave my apt, go to monitoring and be home in 50min-1hr. I went to UES on weekend and it was busier and the wait was longer, plus it had the "hospital" feel, but I loved the Phlebotomists on UES.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask questions. He is very patient and easy to talk to.
Gonal F for several days, then I added Menapur and Centrotide for several more days. Trigger was Lupron and HCG. They retrieved 7 eggs, all were mature and frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Val)
Val was wonderful! Overall the nursing staff was great. I also met with Julie ( i think) on Day 1. Evangeline was the nurse who called me regularly. Val was beyond helpful and supportive, but everyone was great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My one issue was with the pre-authorization and billing departments. I had to call a lot and never got the response I needed. It often took many calls, asking for supervisors and explaining the issue over and over. My issue was related to approval, as Weill Cornell info and my insurance info did not match. It was quite upsetting to have to also deal with so much " red tape" at the onset of this process.
Egg Freezing total, including meds : about 11,000
Tribeca

Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously... We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo
Monitoring hours [at Weill Cornell] ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.... very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Pereira is a world-class doctor that we highly recommend. He was knowledgeable, thorough and methodical, and made tweaks in our treatment to find the best fit which ultimately led to a successful pregnancy. He was a clear communicator in terms of benefits/risks of different tests and treatments and made sure we were comfortable every step of the process. Most important, he was kind, compassionate and accessible, which is incredibly important for patients struggling physically, mentally and emotionally with infertility. Dr Pereira went above and beyond in his care for us, typically responding to emails within a few hours, setting up additional appointments if we had questions, and sometimes even calling us after hours or on the weekends to review results or make us feel at ease. He always took our emotions, questions and concerns seriously particularly when we were uncertain how things would turn out. Dr Pereira had a nice sense of humor, which helped lighten the mood and made this process as pleasant as it could be given the circumstances. It was bittersweet to 'graduate' from Dr Pereira, as we would have loved to stay on with him as our OB. We are now in the final stages of our pregnancy, and continue to think fondly of him for getting us to this point. There is no question that we will work with Dr Pereira again when we decide to have our second child.
Ask all the questions you need to in order to feel comfortable with the series of tests, treatments, medicine, etc. Dr Pereira is patient and very willing to make sure you have all the information you need.
At our consultation, Dr Pereira said that he treats his patients family and this was completely true in the one year that we worked with him to achieve pregnancy. He was kind, compassionate and went above and beyond to make sure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. Whether we wanted to discuss next steps in detail or test results, he would always welcome setting up additional appointments, responding quickly by email, or even calling us after hours / on the weekends to make sure we felt at ease.
We did four IUIs (three with Clomid/Letrozole) that did not result in pregnancy. We then moved onto IVF and transferred a PGS tested embryo via unmedicated FET. Unfortunately it did not take, so we did a hysteroscopy to rule out uterine issues. We did a second egg retrieval and medicated FET with a PGS tested embryo, which resulted in our current pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The main nurse that we interacted with was knowledgeable, patient and organized. She always followed up with results, protocol adjustments or other directions and was clear in her communication. In general, the nursing staff that I interacted with for blood tests and ultrasounds were all friendly and put me at ease.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very well-run and organized. From scheduling appointments, meeting with the genetic counselor, taking the IVF class, reviewing billing questions, etc, the process ran very smoothly and we knew who to go to for specific questions. The office and equipment are fairly new and in great condition.
Monitoring hours ran like a well-oiled machine. I also got to see Dr Pereira for every single ultrasound monitoring (except a couple occasions when he was out of town) instead of being bounced around to different doctors every day, which was nice for continuity purposes.
Part of IUIs/first round of IVF was covered by insurance. Second round of IVF was paid entirely out of pocket because we had used up our insurance infertility benefit.
Dr Pereira recommended transferring just one embryo due to my age, body size, and genetically normal embryo.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira is smart, transparent, knowledgeable, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had a consultation with me before we started our work together, which I really appreciated. He got to know me and my background and what I wanted out of this experience. If a question popped up in my head later, I could email him and receive a response in 24 hours, this was a first for me, I have never experienced that before.... After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor.
The office [Weill Cornell Medical] is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira... Strengths: Office is beautiful, Dr. P and the nurses are great. Location is easy to get to. I always felt like I had access to nurses and Dr. P. Dr. Pereira also takes early appointments, I could go before work! Weaknesses: wait times depending on when you go. The earlier the better.... Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Know what you want out of the experience, ask lots of questions because Dr. P will take the time to answer them. Be honest with Dr. Pereira.
Dr. Pereira is amazing in every way. He is knowledgeable, warm, and considerate. He has high standards, as does his staff. After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor. The office is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira. If you want results and a doctor who is transparent and considerate, definitely go to Dr. Pereira.
timed conception, letrozole.
Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office. They were kind, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I paid a copay, which I knew I had to. I paid a copay every time I saw Dr. Pereira because with my insurance, he is considered a specialist. I found Dr. Pereira because he was in network with my insurance, so besides copays, I paid nothing out of pocket. As for medications, I had one expensive medication, but I didn't have to take it every month, it was more of a one time prescription.
Tribeca

The first time we met Dr. Pereira was after we had experienced a pregnancy loss. He couldn't have been more compassionate and he explained to us that he aims to treat his patients with the same care he would give to his family members. Now that we've been seeing Dr. Pereira for several months, I understand that he meant what he said during that first visit with him...I truly feel like his treatment and care is personalized (e.g., he really took into account the fact that we had experienced two natural pregnancies that resulted in a loss and the emotional state we were in). For example, he chose to delay my IVF cycle start because of a new physical condition that came up for me.
The monitoring staff [at Weill Cornell] show compassion and really make your daily monitoring experience more pleasant. That said, the weekend communication is a little less organized and it would be nice to have a way to contact the office more easily to ask questions...highly organized and personal at the same time. I am very pleased to have chosen Cornell. I do not have my IVF results yet, but still feel very happy with the service that Cornell provided me.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is someone you can trust. Of course, he works at one of the top clinics so you know that you can trust his expertise. Beyond that, you can trust him that he really cares about you as a patient and wants the best for you. I truly feel like his treatment and care is personalized (e.g., he really took into account the fact that we had experienced two natural pregnancies that resulted in a loss and the emotional state we were in). For example, he chose to delay my IVF cycle start because of a new physical condition that came up for me. While we could have proceeded with the cycle, he chose not to because he explained that he only wanted to start a cycle if I was set up to achieve optimal results. Also, as stated in other reviews, he is extremely responsive. He always responds to emails within several hours which helps ease your mind when you have questions/concerns.
Trust that he wants the best for you.
Dr.Pereira is simply the best best best. The first time we met Dr. Pereira was after we had experienced a pregnancy loss. He couldn't have been more compassionate and he explained to us that he aims to treat his patients with the same care he would give to his family members. Now that we've been seeing Dr. Pereira for several months, I understand that he meant what he said during that first visit with him. Dr. Pereira has really made us feel like he has our back through the ups and downs and we couldn't be more appreciative.
Gonal F and Menopur for first several days of cycle. Cetrotide was introduced at around day 6 of cycle. Gonal F dose started out at 150 and dropped to zero at the end of the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Crystal is absolutely wonderful. She is compassionate, kind and has so much knowledge about the IVF process. She is extremely organized and makes you feel like she is in it with you. In addition to Crystal, all of the staff at Cornell are wonderful. The monitoring staff show compassion and really make your daily monitoring experience more pleasant. That said, the weekend communication is a little less organized and it would be nice to have a way to contact the office more easily to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's a top clinic that is highly organized and personal at the same time. I am very pleased to have chosen Cornell. I do not have my IVF results yet, but still feel very happy with the service that Cornell provided me.
Dr. Pereira recommended single embryo transfer for PGT embryos.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira was always considerate and kind when it came to all of my questions -- and I had a lot of questions about the treatment, why I was feeling a certain way and every time I shared my symptoms, he was always prompt and caring with his responses. Additionally, he was never "pushy" with one type of treatment or another -- he always prioritized and understood what was important to me -- making me feel comfortable with my decisions as I listened to my body.
Although I never met Crystal [nurse at Cornell] in person -- she's the one that delivered my blood results over the phone every day and gave me instructions -- I feel like we developed a bond over the eight months of treatment. She was super compassionate and clear in her communications so that I don't have to call back, and if I needed to call back, she was super helpful...Tribeca office is a great facility with relatively short wait times -- during regular monitoring hours, it took me no longer than 40 min for both ultrasound and blood work -- however, it can get crowded at times. The only thing I didn't like about the office was that it wasn't open during the weekend, so I had to go to Upper East location, where I didn't know any of the nurses. Other than that, a great facility, especially if you live near by.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was the best doctor that I could've asked for during my fertility journey. He was candid yet kind and prompt yet professional with all of his emails. Additionally, it seemed like he tailored his explanation and treatment based on the patient. For instance, I prefer to see the facts, the numbers behind one method over the other, and he always printed me a copy of the research paper so that I can read it on my own and come back to him with questions. Overall, while it was a relatively long journey for us (8 months), I'm really happy that he was our doctor.
Feel free to over communicate your symptoms and don't shy from asking him a lot of questions -- he's more than willing to help answer them.
My insurance policy required 6 cycles of IUI before IVF was required and Dr. P tried his best to make IUI work for me, which it did! He would change my dosage and when I take clomid based on how my body reacted the cycle before to optimize our chances.
Although I never met Crystal in person -- she's the one that delivered my blood results over the phone every day and gave me instructions -- I feel like we developed a bond over the eight months of treatment. She was super compassionate and clear in her communications so that I don't have to call back, and if I needed to call back, she was super helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had pretty amazing fertility benefit, so had to just pay my co-pay ($15 / visit), which did add up because I ended up going 10-12 times / month for 6+ months. All of my husband's sperm exams and washing for IUI were out of pocket, so we had to pay around $200-$300 for each cycle. There were some tests that weren't covered that we had to pay out of pocket, but don't think we spent more than $3-$4K for the entire process.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Pereira] was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell] was very responsive--I always got return calls within a couple of hours, and Crystal was the responding nurse 90% of the time...Occasionally there was a long wait, but I think that may have been partially because I tended to arrive at the end of the monitoring window, which was the busiest time...I felt really comfortable with the quality of the entire practice and got the sense that the doctors collaborated quite a bit in making decisions about patients so you got the expertise of the crowd. Being in a larger practice also had pros such as an in-house genetics counselor. The nursing staff and admin staff were very responsive, and I always got calls back quickly when I had questions or concerns. The only slight negative in my whole experience was that monitoring hours sometimes got backed up so there could be a bit of a wait in the mornings, but this may partially be because I tended to show up towards the end of the monitoring window. Scheduled appointments always ran on time.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was great. He was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
He took tons of time to fully explain the treatments to me--he treated me like an equal. He was also very compassionate and responsive when I had concerns.
The nursing staff was very responsive--I always got return calls within a couple of hours, and Crystal was the responding nurse 90% of the time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
For fertility treatments it isn't only your particular physician that matters but the quality of the whole practice. The quality of the lab can influence results, and procedures are often completed by other doctors. I felt really comfortable with the quality of the entire practice and got the sense that the doctors collaborated quite a bit in making decisions about patients so you got the expertise of the crowd. Being in a larger practice also had pros such as an in-house genetics counselor. The nursing staff and admin staff were very responsive, and I always got calls back quickly when I had questions or concerns. The only slight negative in my whole experience was that monitoring hours sometimes got backed up so there could be a bit of a wait in the mornings, but this may partially be because I tended to show up towards the end of the monitoring window. Scheduled appointments always ran on time.
I had good insurance coverage. I believe I spent apx $4k on copays for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, and testing (including diagnostic surgery). My main costs were associated with medications and elective PGS testing.
He was very committed to eSET and was concerned about the risks associated with multiples pregnancy.
Tribeca
He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him...From March-May we met fairly regularly to track ovulation to have planned intercourse. Throughout this process it was determined we had unexplained infertility so we began shots for our egg retrieval and embryo transfer in late May. To prepare for the egg retrieval we used Follistum, Menopur, and Ganirellix. After our egg retrieval I took a z-pac and Medrol. Once the embryo transfer was complete we started with the Progesterone shots.
The Tribeca office [of Well Cornell] is absolutely fantastic! Facilities are very clean and wait times were minimal, even during monitoring hours which can get pretty busy if you do not arrive before 8AM. The staff is extremely friendly and helps make you feel at ease during a difficult time, their smiles and personality make being at the doctor's very early in the morning multiple times a week much more bearable...The nursing staff at CRM is fantastic. Whenever I had a question about medications or procedures I received a call back the same day. The IVF class CRM offers is lead by the nursing team, this made me and my husband feel so much more comfortable about injections.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I were lucky enough to receive a positive pregnancy test after our first round of IVF and we attribute most of our success to the amazing guidance and care provided by Dr. Pereira. When meeting with Dr. Pereira you can see how passionate he is and he really treats you like family. He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. After I became pregnant I was sad to “graduate” from his fertility program because he is such a great doctor.
Share all medical information so that Dr. Pereira can create the best fertility plan to meet your needs. When meeting with Dr. Pereira feel free to ask any questions to help put your mind at ease. Follow his plan, take a couple of months on the front end, and allow Dr. Pereira to create the best course of action based on your expectations and financial abilities.
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, warm, and compassionate. When meeting with him he really treats you like family and helps put us at ease during an emotionally challenging time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is absolutely fantastic! Facilities are very clean and wait times were minimal, even during monitoring hours which can get pretty busy if you do not arrive before 8AM. The staff is extremely friendly and helps make you feel at ease during a difficult time, their smiles and personality make being at the doctor's very early in the morning multiple times a week much more bearable.
I made sure to arrive no later then 7:30AM as typically the closer you got to 8AM the longer the wait times. If I arrived by 7:30AM I was able to have my ultra sound and blood work to make it back up to midtown by 8:30AM.
Megi (Dr. Pereira’s assistant) was great explaining everything to review with our insurance company so we could better plan for any out of pocket costs. Our insurance is Cigna and our out of pocket expenses for services from March-August have been well under $2,000.
For our scenario Dr. Pereira recommended a single egg transfer and to freeze the remaining embryos. Dr. Pereira decided this based on my health, our discussions about our future family plans, and to help minimize any risk.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. P[ereira] was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!...was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
f you got there [Weill Cornell] early [for monitoring] then you were out early. I always came in around 8-8:15ish and was out before 9am. That meaning i had my ultrasound, blood work & saw Dr. P[ereira]... The receptionist all remembered my name which I don't think is easy considering they see so many people a day. The phlebotomist were always good at taking blood painlessly...I had insurance coverage at 100% as long as I stayed within the center of excellence. Dr. Pereira was in the center of excellence. My medication total came out to about $75 out of pocket for the egg retrieval. I also was responsible for $25 office visit copay. I would think the total was around $3K out of pocket.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was amazing. He always responded to my emails and phone calls within the hour. Never acted like he was too busy. In fact I felt like I was his only patient. When i had my egg retrieval he made it a point to be there & do it himself. I trusted him after our first conversation.
Listen to him. He knows what he's talking about. Explain your concerns and let him guide you.
Dr. P was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell Tribeca was close to where i lived and was very convenient. The receptionist all remembered my name which I don't think is easy considering they see so many people a day. The phlebotomist were always good at taking blood painlessly.
It was fine. If you got there early then you were out early. I always came in around 8-8:15ish and was out before 9am. That meaning i had my ultrasound, blood work & saw Dr. P.
I have not done the transfer yet but he suggested a single embryo transfer whereas i want multiple embryo. He said it is entirely up to him

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action.... Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Cornell is a large clinic with many doctors. Sometimes the waiting room feels impersonal and like you're "just a number". We've only been to this clinic so I am not sure if that is how it is or specific to Cornell.... There are many nurses in the clinic, so it is somewhat hard to keep track of which ones are more compassionate or helpful. The trigger shot was administered by a nurse and she was very kind, asking how i preferred to receive the shot (countdown, no talking, etc.). Also, when we did not conceive the nursing staff showed a lot of compassion stating that they were sorry we were not successful and asking if we wanted to continue or take a break.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action. Dr. Pereira was always flexible with our schedules and made us feel that we were in control, as much as we could be, as far as timing and how quickly we wanted to conceive.
If you are not well versed in medical jargon or fertility jargon, ask lots of questions. Dr. Pereira will explain each term and plan of action. Sometimes he needs to be prompted.
The office staff is very warm without being overly intrusive or clinical. Dr. Pereira has a gentle bedside manner and it is clear he has a thought process to next steps. He answers every question thoroughly and responds to emails and calls quickly. The office has many doctors so the waiting room is often busy.
We are still in the process, but so far we have used letrozole with a trigger shot (ovidriel). Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Ongoing, but so far about $2,000
Tribeca
Dr Periera always resounded to my emails right away and always had very polite bedside manner....If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself.... Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol.
I was not a fan of the clinic [Weill Cornell] for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me.... They lost several signed consent forms and we had to resign them (which was annoying because they were required to be notarized) and a few times I had to call them for my blood work results.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol. With the exception of one thing. When I switched clinics, my new Dr told me I had a thyroid imbalance and put me on synthyroid. I felt better within 3 days - more energy; better mood and better quality sleep. I’m disappointed Dr Periera did not catch this.
If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself. While Dr Periera is great, Cornell on the other hand was not the best.
The first two cycles of IUI were natural cycles. Dr Periera recommended that because we only had male favor infertility secondary to chemotherapy and already had a daughter conceived nautwlly from prior to chemo. However, my husbands samples always fell below the amount/motility parameters and I believe that is why I did not get pregnant. The third round of IUI we tried clomid and a trigger shot which did produce 2 follicles. But again, my husband’s sample fell below.
The nursing staff was abrupt but informative if you pressed them. Sometimes I felt like an intrusion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was not a fan of the clinic for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me. I literally kicked her out of my body and the room and requested someone else. The IUI process itself was so stressful that I cannot help but wonder if that was part of the reason we were not successful,
It was covered by insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My husband had blood drawn for a generic test and the staff forgot to order it and he had to go again. They lost several signed consent forms and we had to resign them (which was annoying because they were required to be notarized) and a few times I had to call them for my blood work results.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Pereira always takes his time to walk us through everything. He puts us at ease and gains our confidence by informing us thoroughly. Also, he always reviews the chart and remembers everything when we see him. Every time I see him we walk away saying “wow, we are in the best hands”. ... 300 iu Gonal 150 Menopur 1 Cetrotide Dual Trigger (Ovidrel + Lupron)
Overall I would say it was organized and informative. Sometimes I would feel like I had to advocate for myself but I think that’s true across the board. I felt like I was in very good care with very capable people. Good energy and positivity was important to me which I found at each of the Weill Cornell offices. ... My nurse, Crystal, was good. I would say overall the nursing staff was amazing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira told us when our journey started that he would treat me the same way he would treat his family. I thought that to be a big statement but he has absolutely delivered on it. I always feel that he takes the time to communicate and make sure I understand. When I was in pain following a procedure, he answered by email within one hour on a Sunday evening. Overall, I just feel so lucky to be in his care. He is wise, conservative and kind.
Always be prepared with questions because you will get thorough answers.
300 iu Gonal 150 Menopur 1 Cetrotide Dual Trigger (Ovidrel + Lupron)
My nurse, Crystal, was good. I would say overall the nursing staff was amazing.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was amazing by how quickly I would be in and out. Very well run.
About 25K

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira was very professional and explained everything in detail. However, I felt that his area of opportunity was to understand that I also had questions. He expressed through his tone and body language that he seemed slightly agitated when I had questions....what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility [Weill Cornell], knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, professional, and moves quickly, so that time doesn't go to waste. I am very new to the process, but what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully, Dr. Pereira specializes in correcting the issues associated with the fallopian tube.
Educate yourself on what grants are available and what your insurance covers in great detail.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility, knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
over $10,000.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Max I had to wait was 15 mins to see Dr. Pereira. When I walked in, the entire staff knew my name as soon as I walked through the entrance door. Any time I had any questions outside of the office, I would email Dr. Pereira and he would reply within 12 hours - most of the time getting a response within 3 hours.... I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office [Weill Cornell] does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.... My husband had to go on a trip while I was going to be ovulating. My husband went to the UES clinic to provide/freeze his sperm which we paid out of pocket. On the day I had to show up for my IUI, I get a call from Shauna Kay Watson saying my husband
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was recommended by a friend who got pregnant by doing an IUI. I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Trust him... he knows what he is doing, just be patient and relax.
They were all excellent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.
My insurance covered the cost.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My husband had to go on a trip while I was going to be ovulating. My husband went to the UES clinic to provide/freeze his sperm which we paid out of pocket. On the day I had to show up for my IUI, I get a call from Shauna Kay Watson saying my husband was never given the consent form when you came to provide the sperm and in order to do the procedure he needed to sign the form. He was unavailable and how was he supposed to print the the consent form, sign and send it back by email while he was traveling? That was a terrible experience!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Pereria is very sensitive to what you are going through and very interested in doing whatever it takes for his patients. I always feel like he is realistic yet hopeful which is needed when going through something as tough as infertility and IVF. He answers every question my husband and I have with no judgement. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
I really feel like Cornell has some of the best facilities and makes you feel like you are in good hands. I prefer the Tribeca location because it is less cattle call-ish during monitoring hours. The staff is incredibly caring and get to know you. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... He [Dr. Pereria] seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions because you are in the unknown and he will answer and guide you
Dr. Pereira was always very compassionate and caring about what I was going through. He seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us. I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
We did two IUI's with follistim which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We just completed our first IVF cycle. I think we did a pretty typical protocol with drugs. He said it was better than expected but unfortunately did not end in a pregnancy.
So far, I think we have spent around $25k
Tribeca

Dr Pereria is absolutely wonderful. He would come in to see us on his day off. He did my retrieval even though he wasn’t working. He called and emailed me personally. He told me at the beginning of treatment that I didn’t need to worry about getting pregnant anymore because that would now be his job....He is funny, relaxed and extremely clear. I trusted him completely. He goes out of his way to put you at ease and lessen your fertility stress and anxiety. He is interested in you and how you are doing.
Lovely and clean environment. Very comfortable and well organized. Fantastic location. I enjoyed coming. There was never any issue. Simple to access and the staff are lovely. It is a doctors office but they’ve made it as clean and modern as possible.... 13K for the IVF treatment. Blood monitoring was $100 per session and ultrasounds were $300 per session before insurance... Dr Pereria encouraged me to do a fresh transfer of two 3 day embryos. He said the embryos help each other implant and since we had no genetic issues
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust his recommendation but look into other ways to boost your egg count if needed.
I don’t remember but I know I took a lot of progesterone for a long time because mine was low.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very warm, kind and professional.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Pereria encouraged me to do a fresh transfer of two 3 day embryos. He said the embryos help each other implant and since we had no genetic issues we should do a day 3 transfer vs day 5 because egg do better in the womb. It worked for us.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
He [Dr. Nigel Pereira] responded so promptly to all our emails even if outsides of business hours. Sometimes even calling us himself with results before the nurses line. This made us feel so comfortable and at ease with this whole experience. Our retrieval, genetic testing of embryos & our transfer...We had such an amazing & successful experience. He's so incredibly brilliant and caring. It's truly amazing how accurate he was with everything. I can not recommend him enough!!...He takes his time with every appointment to make sure you understand all the possibilities before making any decisions.
They [staff at Weill Cornell Medical College] really care for every single patient. They go above and beyond to make sure you feel comfortable. They treat every girl like a human and not just another number in the door. They are incredibly accurate, always on time and helpful....The office staff is more than helpful with assisting in all paperwork. The nurses made sure every girl felt at ease. Having your blood taken daily can be trying & they made what should be difficult seem easy. They genuinely care when asking how you're feeling. So warm & compassionate. We call Dr. Perira and his staff our "Dream Team"
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We'll defiantly be returning to Dr. Pereira for baby 2!! We were recommended to Dr. Pereira by one of our close friends. Who also had great results. We had such an amazing & successful experience. He's so incredibly brilliant and caring. It's truly amazing how accurate he was with everything. I can not recommend him enough!!
Call and book your appointment today. He is the best!
He takes his time with every appointment to make sure you understand all the possibilities before making any decisions. We decided to use IVF due to a genetics reason & it was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Also knowing that moving forward we'll have young healthy embryos, is very reassuring. He responded so promptly to all our emails even if outsides of business hours. Sometimes even calling us himself with results before the nurses line. This made us feel so comfortable and at ease with this whole experience. Our retrieval, genetic testing of embryos & our transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Krystal)
Dr. Pereira's staff always went above and beyond. The office staff is more than helpful with assisting in all paperwork. The nurses made sure every girl felt at ease. Having your blood taken daily can be trying & they made what should be difficult seem easy. They genuinely care when asking how you're feeling. So warm & compassionate. We call Dr. Perira and his staff our "Dream Team"
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They really care for every single patient. They go above and beyond to make sure you feel comfortable. They treat every girl like a human and not just another number in the door. They are incredibly accurate, always on time and helpful.
Tribeca

Everyone from Dr. Pereira's office [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was impeccable in their care and communication...Exceptionally prompt, lovely atmosphere, perfectly communicative. Everyone was smart and compassionate. It has made every other medical experience pale in comparison to Dr. Pereira's office and team...Dr. Pereria's prescribed doses of letrozole and timed intercourse led to pregnancy our first cycle with him...When we miscarried, after having "graduated" from Dr. Pereira's care, he called us immediately, on the weekend, from his vacation to review possible causes, next steps and to extend his sympathies. I have an auto-immune disease and have an intimate relationship with hospitals and physicians--never have I met anyone as caring or capable as Dr. Nigel Pereira.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Nigel Pereira is the most brilliant, compassionate, professional and accessible physician my husband or I has ever seen. He and his staff were always accessible, calling immediately after each and every test. Dr. Pereira helped us get pregnant the first cycle he treated us. When we miscarried, after having "graduated" from Dr. Pereira's care, he called us immediately, on the weekend, from his vacation to review possible causes, next steps and to extend his sympathies. I have an auto-immune disease and have an intimate relationship with hospitals and physicians--never have I met anyone as caring or capable as Dr. Nigel Pereira.
Keep an open mind to whatever Dr. Pereira might suggest.
Everyone from Dr. Pereira's office was impeccable in their care and communication.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance has covered most if not all costs to date with Dr. Pereira's services.
Tribeca

Since my ovarian reserve was low, everything was about getting a few really quality eggs and then using them wisely. We were preparing to do a frozen embryo transfer but my uterine lining was thin as we were getting closer to the transfer date. Together with Dr. Pereira, we made the decision to skip the cycle in an effort to not waste a good embryo, adjust protocol for my next cycle and then transfer...He is passionately interested in his patients treatment, works diligently to find solutions and provide individualized care/protocol. He has the most outstanding combination of intellectual intelligence with emotional intelligence which I believe enables successful and assuring outcomes.
[The doctors at Weill Cornell Medical College are] supported by a fantastic team of smart, compassionate and personable staff – they truly take the time to get to know you, address you by name and are always smiling which after months of early morning appointments really helps to keep your spirits high...a daily phone call from a friendly and familiar team member or Dr. Pereira himself (on occasion) to discuss bloodwork results allows for personalized care.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is brilliantly smart, empathetic, humble, dedicated, friendly and frankly, all around spectacular. He is passionately interested in his patients treatment, works diligently to find solutions and provide individualized care/protocol. He has the most outstanding combination of intellectual intelligence with emotional intelligence which I believe enables successful and assuring outcomes. Dr. Pereira always took time to educate us on the process so we could make smart decision for ourselves with his guidance and support each step of the way. He spent hours answering my questions directly, realistic and honestly (never felt like I was getting fluffy answers) while still maintaining outstanding bedside manner, optimism and transparency.
You're in great hands - work together to find a solution that works for you.
Dr. Pereira is also supported by a fantastic team of smart, compassionate and personable staff – they truly take the time to get to know you, address you by name and are always smiling which after months of early morning appointments really helps to keep your spirits high. Moreover, a daily phone call from a friendly and familiar team member or Dr. Pereira himself (on occasion) to discuss bloodwork results allows for personalized care.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira's conversation during visits is casual, that in itself makes you feel human...I am an extremely detailed individual when it comes to spaces that are dear to my heart. I am curious to the core, and Dr. Pereira completely understood that and respected my questions. I cannot be pushed around, and that never was the case. I also believe in assessing for my own satisfaction on the scientific contributions to help me trust. Dr. Pereira was extremely patient and thorough.
They [nurses at Weill Cornell Medical College] are good. It's a noisy world out there, I would advice be on top of your treatment. That's what I did. I need my sanity...End to end they are the best! It was seamless. It would be great if they could digitalize all of the necessary treatment options (non-Doctor). Of course, it's easy today to reach a nurse or Doctor, using FaceTime if one needs human interaction.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions, do not hesitate.
Dr. Pereira's conversation during visits is casual, that in itself makes you feel human. IVF is a new way to become parents. It's not science fiction. It is the universe's blessing.
I requested for a low dose, as my heart knew that IVF happened due to perhaps unexplainable reasons for me. I went for a lower dose, and the results were extremely successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
They are good. It's a noisy world out there, I would advice be on top of your treatment. That's what I did. I need my sanity.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I am extremely grateful, my insurance covered the treatment. Out of pocket, I paid ~ $10,000.
None. I decided after personal discussions with my husband, single transfer. Dr. Pereira was always inclined towards single.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The best advice is, it's a busy and noisy world. Be on top of your treatment. You create your destiny through the IVF journey. Stay positive.
Tribeca

When I first met Dr. Pereira, he took his time to explain all scenarios and got to know me a little, which was really nice. Anytime I saw him in passing, he always said hello by my name and always asked how I was doing...I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI...We decided together on what steps I would take. He’s also so kind and caring. I was very upset and worried when I first started the whole process but he made me feel like everything will be OK and I knew I was in good hands. It was crazy how I was not even worried anymore. Whenever I emailed him regarding any questions I had, he got back to me so quickly no matter what time it was. I cannot recommend him enough. He is just the most amazing doctor with such a big heart.
[The nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College are] Very friendly and helpful...The office is very nice, clean, and spacious. I never really found myself waiting too long to be called. Everyone is super friendly and makes you feel comfortable. I have no complaints about anything...I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI...When I first met Dr. Pereira, he took his time to explain all scenarios and got to know me a little, which was really nice. Anytime I saw him in passing, he always said hello by my name and always asked how I was doing.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I had seen two other doctors before I met with Dr Pereira. He was definitely my, “third times a charm.” I am One that avoids going to doctors because of my anxiety and trust issues but I knew I needed help. Dr Pereira took his time and explained everything to me and listened to what I wanted as well. We decided together on what steps I would take. He’s also so kind and caring. I was very upset and worried when I first started the whole process but he made me feel like everything will be OK and I knew I was in good hands. It was crazy how I was not even worried anymore. Whenever I emailed him regarding any questions I had, he got back to me so quickly no matter what time it was. I cannot recommend him enough. He is just the most amazing doctor with such a big heart.
Go into your appointment knowing that you’re going to be under the best care.
I received a cycle of hormone injections and then when ready I had an IUI.
Very friendly and helpful.