Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College
ResidencyDrexel U
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nigel Pereira to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
Dr. Pereira is smart, transparent, knowledgeable, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had a consultation with me before we started our work together, which I really appreciated. He got to know me and my background and what I wanted out of this experience. If a question popped up in my head later, I could email him and receive a response in 24 hours, this was a first for me, I have never experienced that before.... After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Know what you want out of the experience, ask lots of questions because Dr. P will take the time to answer them. Be honest with Dr. Pereira.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is amazing in every way. He is knowledgeable, warm, and considerate. He has high standards, as does his staff. After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor. The office is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira. If you want results and a doctor who is transparent and considerate, definitely go to Dr. Pereira.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
timed conception, letrozole.
Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office. They were kind, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: Office is beautiful, Dr. P and the nurses are great. Location is easy to get to. I always felt like I had access to nurses and Dr. P. Dr. Pereira also takes early appointments, I could go before work! Weaknesses: wait times depending on when you go. The earlier the better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I paid a copay, which I knew I had to. I paid a copay every time I saw Dr. Pereira because with my insurance, he is considered a specialist. I found Dr. Pereira because he was in network with my insurance, so besides copays, I paid nothing out of pocket. As for medications, I had one expensive medication, but I didn't have to take it every month, it was more of a one time prescription.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action.... Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action. Dr. Pereira was always flexible with our schedules and made us feel that we were in control, as much as we could be, as far as timing and how quickly we wanted to conceive.
If you are not well versed in medical jargon or fertility jargon, ask lots of questions. Dr. Pereira will explain each term and plan of action. Sometimes he needs to be prompted.
The office staff is very warm without being overly intrusive or clinical. Dr. Pereira has a gentle bedside manner and it is clear he has a thought process to next steps. He answers every question thoroughly and responds to emails and calls quickly. The office has many doctors so the waiting room is often busy.
We are still in the process, but so far we have used letrozole with a trigger shot (ovidriel). Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
There are many nurses in the clinic, so it is somewhat hard to keep track of which ones are more compassionate or helpful. The trigger shot was administered by a nurse and she was very kind, asking how i preferred to receive the shot (countdown, no talking, etc.). Also, when we did not conceive the nursing staff showed a lot of compassion stating that they were sorry we were not successful and asking if we wanted to continue or take a break.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is a large clinic with many doctors. Sometimes the waiting room feels impersonal and like you're "just a number". We've only been to this clinic so I am not sure if that is how it is or specific to Cornell.
Ongoing, but so far about $2,000
Tribeca
Dr Periera always resounded to my emails right away and always had very polite bedside manner....If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself.... Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol. With the exception of one thing. When I switched clinics, my new Dr told me I had a thyroid imbalance and put me on synthyroid. I felt better within 3 days - more energy; better mood and better quality sleep. I’m disappointed Dr Periera did not catch this.
If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself. While Dr Periera is great, Cornell on the other hand was not the best.
The first two cycles of IUI were natural cycles. Dr Periera recommended that because we only had male favor infertility secondary to chemotherapy and already had a daughter conceived nautwlly from prior to chemo. However, my husbands samples always fell below the amount/motility parameters and I believe that is why I did not get pregnant. The third round of IUI we tried clomid and a trigger shot which did produce 2 follicles. But again, my husband’s sample fell below.
The nursing staff was abrupt but informative if you pressed them. Sometimes I felt like an intrusion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was not a fan of the clinic for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me. I literally kicked her out of my body and the room and requested someone else. The IUI process itself was so stressful that I cannot help but wonder if that was part of the reason we were not successful,
It was covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira was very professional and explained everything in detail. However, I felt that his area of opportunity was to understand that I also had questions. He expressed through his tone and body language that he seemed slightly agitated when I had questions....what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, professional, and moves quickly, so that time doesn't go to waste. I am very new to the process, but what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully, Dr. Pereira specializes in correcting the issues associated with the fallopian tube.
Educate yourself on what grants are available and what your insurance covers in great detail.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility, knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
over $10,000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Pereria is very sensitive to what you are going through and very interested in doing whatever it takes for his patients. I always feel like he is realistic yet hopeful which is needed when going through something as tough as infertility and IVF. He answers every question my husband and I have with no judgement. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions because you are in the unknown and he will answer and guide you
Dr. Pereira was always very compassionate and caring about what I was going through. He seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us. I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
We did two IUI's with follistim which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We just completed our first IVF cycle. I think we did a pretty typical protocol with drugs. He said it was better than expected but unfortunately did not end in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really feel like Cornell has some of the best facilities and makes you feel like you are in good hands. I prefer the Tribeca location because it is less cattle call-ish during monitoring hours. The staff is incredibly caring and get to know you.
So far, I think we have spent around $25k

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Max I had to wait was 15 mins to see Dr. Pereira. When I walked in, the entire staff knew my name as soon as I walked through the entrance door. Any time I had any questions outside of the office, I would email Dr. Pereira and he would reply within 12 hours - most of the time getting a response within 3 hours.... I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was recommended by a friend who got pregnant by doing an IUI. I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Trust him... he knows what he is doing, just be patient and relax.
They were all excellent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.
My insurance covered the cost.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?