Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolWeill Cornell Medical College
ResidencyDrexel U
FellowshipWeill Cornell Medical College
255 Greenwich Street
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nigel Pereira to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
2017 - 2019
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Pereira or his staff. Dr. Pereira is a special doctor, and one of the rare ones whose bedside manner equally parallels his incredible expertise. I have never felt so important and cared for as a patient, and I think Dr. Pereira's regular communication and quick responses to my inquiries, has a lot to do with it. During my time as Dr. Pereira's patient, I underwent emergency surgery for ovarian torsion. Dr. Pereira did not skip a beat making sure I was properly cared from the initial testing, to understanding my options, to answering my call at the crack of dawn when I knew I was in need of emergency surgery. I felt really lucky to have a gynecological surgeon, who was also a fertility specialist, in charge of my care, because I knew he would ensure my fertility future was well taken care of. He really is the best doctor, and it was bittersweet 'graduating' from his practice. Can not recommend him enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I would give any patient, of any doctor, the same advice, be patient and ask a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
The entire nursing staff was professional and lovely as can be, which is exactly what you want when you are going through something as serious and intimidating as fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I loved the walk in hours at the clinic, but, sometimes waiting for bloodwork was grueling. And I just wondered why I had woken up so early just to sit in the office waiting for bloodwork. Overall, I would say the clinic was very organized, clean, and as nice of an environment as you could expect for a medical fertility clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I can't remember specific costs, but I do remember that Dr. Pereira was very considerate with billing when my insurance wasn't the best.
Tribeca

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr Pereira took the time to review my history thoroughly and took the time to answer all my questions. He was the only person I saw for checkups and he was able to switch things around to do my retrieval as well. He was always encouraging and always followed up. If I had any concerns he saw me the same day or next day. I cannot recommend him enough! He is compassionate and really cares about his patients!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Pereira always encouraged me that this will work and that there’s no reason that I can’t get pregnant. He always responded to my emails the same day and took all my concerns seriously. He was the only person I saw for all my checkups and the retrieval.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I started the cycle with 100mg of Clomid for 5 days. On day 4 I added 150iu Gonal and 150iu Menopur. Menopur was increased to 225iu after a few days (this was my request cause i felt i wasn’t responding well enough). The last 5 days before the retrieval I added Cetrotide. Since I had a failed transfer at another clinic with a PGS normal 6AA embryo, dr P suggested a fresh transfer for me. He explained that sometimes it’s better to do a day 3 transfer cause some embryos don’t like the lab and there’s a chance that my embryo was rejected by my immune system so an “untouched” embryo may be better for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Chrystal )
Everyone at the clinic was very nice and always helpful. Setting up appointments was easy and I always got a follow up call with results in the afternoon. If they couldn’t reach me they’d call again instead of just leaving a message. I always felt like everyone knew who I am when I called and they directed my concerns to dr Pereira as necessary. This was the first clinic (out of 3) where I did not feel like a number
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
At the tribeca office I never had to wait very long. However, the main office on the weekend gets crowded. I still feel like they were very organized and things moved well. You will always see your doctor for checkups. They are not done my a nurse or random doctor like other clinics. The only exception may be the weekend - but even then I was lucky enough to see my doctor. The retrieval and transfer are typically done by the doctor that is assigned to the OR that day. I had dr. P for my retrieval but someone else for the transfer. I forgot the name of the doctor that did my transfer, but he was very knowledgeable and comforting as well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I always saw my doctor for monitoring and I never had to wait very long - even if it was crowded. The team is very organized.
Ivf cycle $10,500 ICSI $2,630 Sounding $600 Facility Fee $1005,84 Anesthesia $600 ————————- FET $4,260 Embryo Cryopreservation $1,050
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Since I had 1 PGS normal out of 3 embryos during that first cycle, we decided to transfer 3 embryos. This is also the clinics recommendation for non-tested embryos at my age
Tribeca

I have Factor V Leiden blood clotting disorder. It was decided [by Dr. Pereira] at that point that I would give myself daily Enoxaparin Sodium injections starting with my next positive pregnancy test. We decided to try IUI to increase our pregnancy success rate and got pregnant. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy too at about 6 weeks though giving myself injections (on top of Progesterone supplements). Not wanting to deal with a 5th pregnancy loss that could potentially be due to an abnormal embryo, my husband decided to take aggressive action with IVF.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As previously mentioned, Dr Pereira always made me feel incredibly cared for. He always made time to explain everything and answer my questions thoroughly - no appointment ever felt rushed and I always felt like a priority of his.
To chose him as your reproductive doctor!
From the moment my husband and I met Dr Pereira, we really liked him. He is not only knowledgeable, but incredibly warm and compassionate and always made me feel like a priority, which was especially important after I suffered an additional miscarriage while under his care. He never made me feel like a number and treated my case specifically based on my medical history. If I ever had any questions for Dr P, he would email or give me a call even after hours. He is a wonderful person and the best doctor I have ever had.
As I had gotten pregnant two times previously on my own before visiting Cornell (and lost them), he started me out by putting me on Progesterone supplements post ovulation surge. I became pregnant naturally after my first cycle under his care and all was going well until week 9, when a heartbeat could no longer be detected. After testing it was determined that the fetus likely died due to a blood clot as it was 'normal' and I have Factor V Leiden blood clotting disorder. It was decided at that point that I would give myself daily Enoxaparin Sodium injections starting with my next positive pregnancy test. We decided to try IUI to increase our pregnancy success rate and got pregnant. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy too at about 6 weeks though giving myself injections (on top of Progesterone supplements). Not wanting to deal with a 5th pregnancy loss that could potentially be due to an abnormal embryo, my husband decided to take aggressive action with IVF. We became pregnant with our first transfer of one embryo and I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and will be giving myself daily 40mg injections of Enoxaparin Sodium through my pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
The nurses at Cornell were really great and friendly which is really important when coming in daily at some points. They were always prompt with their calls to report blood results and some were particularly warm and friendly. At times it was hard to get in contact with them via phone, but they always returned your calls.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell's early monitoring hours are really great and and make it really easy to avoid a disruption to work. It was easy to make appointments and get in for super last minute ultrasounds if I was ever feeling nervous about anything. Highly recommend Cornell's fertility care.
While the office was generally super busy during monitoring hours and the wait could be longer than ideal, it was all managed quite well and the actual monitoring was really quick.
As we did not qualify for IUI and IVF medical coverage with mine or my husband's medical status, we had to pay a lot of money out of pocket, easily in excess of $20k after IVF.
Dr Pereira felt strongly that I should only have 1 embryo transferred due to my history with miscarriages and wanting to mitigate risk. This was in line with what my husband and I wanted to do also.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira is smart, transparent, knowledgeable, and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had a consultation with me before we started our work together, which I really appreciated. He got to know me and my background and what I wanted out of this experience. If a question popped up in my head later, I could email him and receive a response in 24 hours, this was a first for me, I have never experienced that before.... After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Know what you want out of the experience, ask lots of questions because Dr. P will take the time to answer them. Be honest with Dr. Pereira.
Dr. Pereira is amazing in every way. He is knowledgeable, warm, and considerate. He has high standards, as does his staff. After I became pregnant, I did not want to leave his care because he was such a great doctor. The office is clean and beautiful and I never dreaded having to go see Dr. Pereira. If you want results and a doctor who is transparent and considerate, definitely go to Dr. Pereira.
timed conception, letrozole.
Karla and Kristin were wonderful, as were all the nurses. Past experiences have left much to be desired, but not at Dr. Pereira's office. They were kind, understanding, patient, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: Office is beautiful, Dr. P and the nurses are great. Location is easy to get to. I always felt like I had access to nurses and Dr. P. Dr. Pereira also takes early appointments, I could go before work! Weaknesses: wait times depending on when you go. The earlier the better.
I paid a copay, which I knew I had to. I paid a copay every time I saw Dr. Pereira because with my insurance, he is considered a specialist. I found Dr. Pereira because he was in network with my insurance, so besides copays, I paid nothing out of pocket. As for medications, I had one expensive medication, but I didn't have to take it every month, it was more of a one time prescription.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Pereira] was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was great. He was incredibly thorough with testing (and moved fast with testing, which was much appreciated) and took lots of time with consults. I never felt rushed as we developed plans, and he took time to explain the procedures, our results, his interpretation of our results, and the rationale for his recommendations. I really appreciated feeling involved and respected in the process. He was very responsive when I had concerns--after receiving some disappointing results at one stage of treatment, my husband and I called and were very distressed. He called back within 10-20 minutes and took time to explain the results (which it turns out were not as bad as we feared), and it was so reassuring. He is also a gynecological surgeon and so was able to perform a surgery when I had to have one as part of my treatment--being able to have that continuity of care was great. We had success after our second round of IVF and plan to go back to Cornell and Dr. Pereira for any future treatments.
He took tons of time to fully explain the treatments to me--he treated me like an equal. He was also very compassionate and responsive when I had concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal )
The nursing staff was very responsive--I always got return calls within a couple of hours, and Crystal was the responding nurse 90% of the time.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
For fertility treatments it isn't only your particular physician that matters but the quality of the whole practice. The quality of the lab can influence results, and procedures are often completed by other doctors. I felt really comfortable with the quality of the entire practice and got the sense that the doctors collaborated quite a bit in making decisions about patients so you got the expertise of the crowd. Being in a larger practice also had pros such as an in-house genetics counselor. The nursing staff and admin staff were very responsive, and I always got calls back quickly when I had questions or concerns. The only slight negative in my whole experience was that monitoring hours sometimes got backed up so there could be a bit of a wait in the mornings, but this may partially be because I tended to show up towards the end of the monitoring window. Scheduled appointments always ran on time.
Occasionally there was a long wait, but I think that may have been partially because I tended to arrive at the end of the monitoring window, which was the busiest time.
I had good insurance coverage. I believe I spent apx $4k on copays for 2 retrievals, 3 transfers, and testing (including diagnostic surgery). My main costs were associated with medications and elective PGS testing.
He was very committed to eSET and was concerned about the risks associated with multiples pregnancy.
Tribeca
He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him...From March-May we met fairly regularly to track ovulation to have planned intercourse. Throughout this process it was determined we had unexplained infertility so we began shots for our egg retrieval and embryo transfer in late May. To prepare for the egg retrieval we used Follistum, Menopur, and Ganirellix. After our egg retrieval I took a z-pac and Medrol. Once the embryo transfer was complete we started with the Progesterone shots.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
My husband and I were lucky enough to receive a positive pregnancy test after our first round of IVF and we attribute most of our success to the amazing guidance and care provided by Dr. Pereira. When meeting with Dr. Pereira you can see how passionate he is and he really treats you like family. He is very accomplished in his research but is able to breakdown all information so you can easily understand. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. After I became pregnant I was sad to “graduate” from his fertility program because he is such a great doctor.
Share all medical information so that Dr. Pereira can create the best fertility plan to meet your needs. When meeting with Dr. Pereira feel free to ask any questions to help put your mind at ease. Follow his plan, take a couple of months on the front end, and allow Dr. Pereira to create the best course of action based on your expectations and financial abilities.
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, warm, and compassionate. When meeting with him he really treats you like family and helps put us at ease during an emotionally challenging time.
The nursing staff at CRM is fantastic. Whenever I had a question about medications or procedures I received a call back the same day. The IVF class CRM offers is lead by the nursing team, this made me and my husband feel so much more comfortable about injections.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is absolutely fantastic! Facilities are very clean and wait times were minimal, even during monitoring hours which can get pretty busy if you do not arrive before 8AM. The staff is extremely friendly and helps make you feel at ease during a difficult time, their smiles and personality make being at the doctor's very early in the morning multiple times a week much more bearable.
I made sure to arrive no later then 7:30AM as typically the closer you got to 8AM the longer the wait times. If I arrived by 7:30AM I was able to have my ultra sound and blood work to make it back up to midtown by 8:30AM.
Megi (Dr. Pereira’s assistant) was great explaining everything to review with our insurance company so we could better plan for any out of pocket costs. Our insurance is Cigna and our out of pocket expenses for services from March-August have been well under $2,000.
For our scenario Dr. Pereira recommended a single egg transfer and to freeze the remaining embryos. Dr. Pereira decided this based on my health, our discussions about our future family plans, and to help minimize any risk.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. P[ereira] was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!...was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was amazing. He always responded to my emails and phone calls within the hour. Never acted like he was too busy. In fact I felt like I was his only patient. When i had my egg retrieval he made it a point to be there & do it himself. I trusted him after our first conversation.
Listen to him. He knows what he's talking about. Explain your concerns and let him guide you.
Dr. P was always there for any questions & concerns. He must have spent at least an hour & a half to explain things to me in length and then again with my husband. After my egg retrieval i was crazy nervous and he spoke to me and relived a lot of my issues. Every time I saw him he knew why I was there, what happened last time & what i needed to do moving forward. Most importantly HE LISTENED!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell Tribeca was close to where i lived and was very convenient. The receptionist all remembered my name which I don't think is easy considering they see so many people a day. The phlebotomist were always good at taking blood painlessly.
It was fine. If you got there early then you were out early. I always came in around 8-8:15ish and was out before 9am. That meaning i had my ultrasound, blood work & saw Dr. P.
I had insurance coverage at 100% as long as I stayed within the center of excellence. Dr. Pereira was in the center of excellence. My medication total came out to about $75 out of pocket for the egg retrieval. I also was responsible for $25 office visit copay. I would think the total was around $3K out of pocket.
I have not done the transfer yet but he suggested a single embryo transfer whereas i want multiple embryo. He said it is entirely up to him

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action.... Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very kind. We felt that we could trust him completely and he would provide us with the best possible information. Dr. Pereira put us at ease every time we met with him. Our diagnosis came as somewhat of a shock and Dr. Pereira explained our specific issues clearly, left time for questions, and walked us through the best course of action. Dr. Pereira was always flexible with our schedules and made us feel that we were in control, as much as we could be, as far as timing and how quickly we wanted to conceive.
If you are not well versed in medical jargon or fertility jargon, ask lots of questions. Dr. Pereira will explain each term and plan of action. Sometimes he needs to be prompted.
The office staff is very warm without being overly intrusive or clinical. Dr. Pereira has a gentle bedside manner and it is clear he has a thought process to next steps. He answers every question thoroughly and responds to emails and calls quickly. The office has many doctors so the waiting room is often busy.
We are still in the process, but so far we have used letrozole with a trigger shot (ovidriel). Dr. Pereira recommended letrozole in light of clinical studies that have shown better outcomes for women with PCOS. We were not successful with just this course of action and Dr. Pereira recommended moving to IUI to account for low sperm motility.
There are many nurses in the clinic, so it is somewhat hard to keep track of which ones are more compassionate or helpful. The trigger shot was administered by a nurse and she was very kind, asking how i preferred to receive the shot (countdown, no talking, etc.). Also, when we did not conceive the nursing staff showed a lot of compassion stating that they were sorry we were not successful and asking if we wanted to continue or take a break.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is a large clinic with many doctors. Sometimes the waiting room feels impersonal and like you're "just a number". We've only been to this clinic so I am not sure if that is how it is or specific to Cornell.
Ongoing, but so far about $2,000
Tribeca
Dr Periera always resounded to my emails right away and always had very polite bedside manner....If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself.... Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Periera was always very kind and sincere. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and promptly and made the experience easier to handle. Although I ultimately did not conceive, I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr Periera or his protocol. With the exception of one thing. When I switched clinics, my new Dr told me I had a thyroid imbalance and put me on synthyroid. I felt better within 3 days - more energy; better mood and better quality sleep. I’m disappointed Dr Periera did not catch this.
If you are seeing Dr Periera for IUI, he will not be performing the procedure itself. While Dr Periera is great, Cornell on the other hand was not the best.
The first two cycles of IUI were natural cycles. Dr Periera recommended that because we only had male favor infertility secondary to chemotherapy and already had a daughter conceived nautwlly from prior to chemo. However, my husbands samples always fell below the amount/motility parameters and I believe that is why I did not get pregnant. The third round of IUI we tried clomid and a trigger shot which did produce 2 follicles. But again, my husband’s sample fell below.
The nursing staff was abrupt but informative if you pressed them. Sometimes I felt like an intrusion.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was not a fan of the clinic for IUI purposes. I can’t comment on IVF but IUI was poorly run. The wait is very long between arrival and the procedure and they mislead you on how long the wait will be. A nurse, not your Dr, performs the IUI. The third time I had the IUI done, the nurse couldn’t find my cervix and ended up injuring me. I literally kicked her out of my body and the room and requested someone else. The IUI process itself was so stressful that I cannot help but wonder if that was part of the reason we were not successful,
It was covered by insurance.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Pereira was very professional and explained everything in detail. However, I felt that his area of opportunity was to understand that I also had questions. He expressed through his tone and body language that he seemed slightly agitated when I had questions....what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully
European, Middle Eastern
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira is very knowledgeable, professional, and moves quickly, so that time doesn't go to waste. I am very new to the process, but what I loved most about him was that he wasn't quick to jump to IVF. Dr. Pereira was willing to explore why I am experiencing infertility and his first course of action was to attempt to correct the problem first. In my case, I have a blocked fallopian tube and thankfully, Dr. Pereira specializes in correcting the issues associated with the fallopian tube.
Educate yourself on what grants are available and what your insurance covers in great detail.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: High level of professionalism, pristine facility, knowledgeable staff, short wait time, and kept me informed with the entire process. Areas of opportunity: I left the clinic with a large folder filled with information- specifically regarding payments/ insurance. I was asked to call my insurance company and read off several questions in terms of coverage for treatments and medications. I felt that it was very overwhelming and really did not anticipate having to complete such a task.
over $10,000.
Tribeca

He [Dr. Pereira] explained the risks and rewards of [Eset] for a woman my age. His funny warning was with sending up 2 embryos, you can't return them if you get twins!...His bedside manner is honest and very dedicated about communicating the right things of whats going on and to have these expectations. He's very informative yet warm. I completely trusted his suggestions and what percentages would occur and how to proceed with treatment. He would never take unnecessary risks and made sure to have the best success rate.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He's great with communicating online and always able to be reached and cost conscious for those paying out of pocket. My insurance would not cover a certain procedure that was deemed normal but he decided it wasn't necessary in my case at the $1500 cost.
We weren't getting the cycles and blood work back correctly as high as we wanted so he kept changing the drugs until they were perfect. He did not want to waste 2 AA embryos!
Super efficient! In and out with the blood work and always ready to call over a last minute drug!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very efficient, cost effective and you felt like they were very educational. They wants the positive results but weren't driven by the money gained from it. They were honest about possibilities and managing expectations. If they felt it was too risky they wouldn't push for the procedure just for financial benefit.
Everything was not covered by my terrible insurance so it was out of pocket. He was very good at keeping procedures or ordering medicine only as necessary.
He explained the risks and rewards of each for a woman my age. His funny warning was with sending up 2 embryos, you can't return them if you get twins! haha!
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Pereira] was just so kind and attentive. He gave me his email on the first appointment and was true to his word in responsiveness. He also listened without judgment and just made me feel like he was in this journey with me...I enjoyed every visit. It didn't feel clinical - i felt like each time I got new facts and was more and more empowered about my body. Couldn't be more grateful to have found him. I was quite sad that my journey with Dr. Pereira had to end at nine weeks. I felt so comfortable with him that i wished he could be part of my entire journey.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Just don't hesitate. Trust he will try everything.
He was just so kind and attentive. He gave me his email on the first appointment and was true to his word in responsiveness. He also listened without judgment and just made me feel like he was in this journey with me.
I got lucky with the first one. We just did clomid and my partner couldnt do the iui and it happened to work!
They were all so kind. They knew your name, were always friendly and in time - honestly nothing bad to say about the practice at all.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This location is just great. Brand new and organized. My only complaint - however slight - is that the front desk check in just wasn't as kind as the medical staff. But so minor that i could not recommend this clinic more.
It was covered under insurance. I do wish they had more detail around costs of some of the genetic testing as i don't believe all of that ended up being covered.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Pereria is very sensitive to what you are going through and very interested in doing whatever it takes for his patients. I always feel like he is realistic yet hopeful which is needed when going through something as tough as infertility and IVF. He answers every question my husband and I have with no judgement. ... For my age, the prefers to do multiple which is what we wanted to do going into this ... I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask questions because you are in the unknown and he will answer and guide you
Dr. Pereira was always very compassionate and caring about what I was going through. He seems invested in taking my feelings and opinions into account while guiding my husband and I on the path he thinks will work for us. I never felt like he was rushing or just doing the same thing he does with all his patients.
We did two IUI's with follistim which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We just completed our first IVF cycle. I think we did a pretty typical protocol with drugs. He said it was better than expected but unfortunately did not end in a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really feel like Cornell has some of the best facilities and makes you feel like you are in good hands. I prefer the Tribeca location because it is less cattle call-ish during monitoring hours. The staff is incredibly caring and get to know you.
So far, I think we have spent around $25k
Tribeca

From the outset he [Dr. Pereira] gave us a detailed explanation of our options and counseled us through the process. After almost 3.5 years of trying to conceive naturally with his help we were able to get pregnant....always called me by name and were patient and sympathetic with my questions and concerns...preferred one embryo transfer but the week after retrieval we played it by ear and he gave us the choice of a day three or day five transfer.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We found Dr. Pereira after reading lots of reviews online. From the outset he gave us a detailed explanation of our options and counseled us through the process. After almost 3.5 years of trying to conceive naturally with his help we were able to get pregnant. Thank you Dr. Pereira.
Listen to him. He will give it to you straight.
Dr. Pereira and his staff always called me by name and were patient and sympathetic with my questions and concerns.
Don't recall
Just as knowledgeable as the doctor but not as warm.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I loved the location, cleanliness, front desk staff and Amanda! At times it felt like a cattle call but that's to be expected at a fertility clinic in NYC. I looked forward to my appointments even when they were very early in the morning. I did not like that there wasn't weekend monitoring at the downtown location.
See previous comment
Dr. Pereira preferred one embryo transfer but the week after retrieval we played it by ear and he gave us the choice of a day three or day five transfer.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Max I had to wait was 15 mins to see Dr. Pereira. When I walked in, the entire staff knew my name as soon as I walked through the entrance door. Any time I had any questions outside of the office, I would email Dr. Pereira and he would reply within 12 hours - most of the time getting a response within 3 hours.... I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira was recommended by a friend who got pregnant by doing an IUI. I am now pregnant thanks to Dr. Pereira. His monitoring hours worked perfectly with my schedule. He is very knowledgeable and clear when explaining the next steps.
Trust him... he knows what he is doing, just be patient and relax.
They were all excellent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is good to know that the Tribecca office does not actually do the IUI procedure. Also, your doctor may not necessarily do the IUI procedure on you. The billing department can be hard to get in contact with and get your issue resolved.
My insurance covered the cost.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We are forever grateful to the wonderful Dr. Pereira! We came to him after switching from a different clinic in NJ where we had two failed IVF cycles. Dr. Pereira immediately noticed that our medicine dosages had been completely incorrect, along with incorrect timing of trigger shot resulting in poor quality eggs. Not only did Dr. P reinstate our hope in ever having children, but he thought that we should give an IUI a chance because our original diagnosis of poor morphology was potentially not as bad as initially thought. Dr. P’s instinct was spot on because our very first IUI with him worked! Aside from our miracle we felt confident that he is a doctor who would always know what to do next when unexpected outcomes come up, and his incredible knowledge and confidence was obvious. Not to mention, he is an all-around awesome guy (and funny too)! We will definitely be back to him (if we need) for baby number 2 and HIGHLY recommend him to anyone struggling with incompetent doctors and a complex fertility case.
On first visit give him all information you have so far - any tests or stats on what you have done so far to conceive. He takes the time to review all of it and will be able to give you great feedback and direction from the first visit.
Dr. P wanted to observe my eggs naturally for one cycle to see how large the follicle gets to better help us time the trigger for IVF. During the monitoring he thought we mine as well try an IUI because our morphology issue was not as bad as we were originally told. The IUI resulted in a positive and continuing pregnancy (currently 15W)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is a bit of a factory but they have their act together. If you are with an incredible doctor like we were than it doesn't matter how large it is. They are a fantastic research institution and you are in good hands at Cornell.
standard
Dr. P will do single or multiple depending on factors but we did not do IVF with him in the end.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Pereira] proposed IUI not because we needed it but to increase chances of a positive pregnancy test. He offered IVF as an option, not because I couldn’t get pregnant naturally but so that we could test the embryos to avoid additional miscarriages. He was extremely thorough and well thought out in his plans for treatment...never rushed our appointments. He took time to ensure asked all of my questions and felt comfortable with the responses.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira went out of his way on multiple occasions to check on me to see how I was doing after my miscarriage. He fully explained every step of the way and made sure I understood what the options were at each point. He was kind and gentle but also rational and clear with his candid explanations. He was extremely responsive.
Dr. Pereira never rushed our appointments. He took time to ensure asked all of my questions and felt comfortable with the responses.
He proposed IUI not because we needed it but to increase chances of a positive pregnancy test. He offered IVF as an option, not because I couldn’t get pregnant naturally but so that we could test the embryos to avoid additional miscarriages. He was extremely thorough and well thought out in his plans for treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie and crystal )
Crystal took the utmost care when calling me with test results. She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The receptionists could be more compassionate and friendly but they were typically timely and efficient. Appointments were easy to make via phone or email and their response times were good. The receptionists could be more compassionate and friendly but they were typically timely and efficient. Appointments were easy to make via phone or email and their response times were good.
Tribeca
Dr. Pereira is truly a great doctor. I was a little sad to have graduated from his care, other fertility doctors could really take example of his bedside manner. When we first met with Dr. Pereira for our first consultation, he was extremely compassionate and patient while he listened to our experience, and our first pregnancy ending in miscarriage and the horrid experience at our prior fertility clinic in midtown, I didn't get into great lengths with the entire experience with Dr. Pereira, but my husband and I definitely felt like a number versus how Dr. Pereira immediately treated us like human individuals and that it is ok to show sadness and grief and how everyone handles miscarriages differently. Dr. Pereira really gave us a new sense of trust in doctors, and his patience and knowledge is invaluable to our entire experience with him. We can't thank Dr. Pereira enough just for how he treated us, nevermind the professional care. Thank You.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Do write down your questions prior to meeting any doctor.
Dr. Pereira and his professional staff showed great compassion, care and patience.
So I were
Dr. Pereira's staff were always professional, courteous, and compassionate. It was such a pleasant experience dealing with them.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I have nothing but great things to say about the clinic. The location is convenient, the office is clean, spacious, and the staff are professional, courteous, and we just had a great overall experience.
Tribeca
Dr. Pereira is a wonderful doctor. I cannot recommend him more highly. He was transparent, informative, expert in his knowledge, and had amazing bedside manner. Both my husband and I felt so comfortable with him and trusted him with every step. We had great results and would absolutely go back to him if needed in the future...Diagnosis followed by natural conception based on his recommendation of the timing for intercourse...
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Communicate about your needs and ask any questions; he will be receptive!
Dr. Pereira was understanding, patient, warm, and took the time to answer our questions and get to know our needs.
Helpful, communicative, nice bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Transparent in their policies; communicative; very responsive to questions, calls, and requests; easy to schedule; nice staff. If I had to say a weakness, sometimes I had to wait for bloodwork. My doctor was always on time though.
Copayments; medication cost