Nikhil Joshi

Kaiser Permanente NorCal

Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolEmory
ResidencyEmory
FellowshipUCLA
Sunnyvale
1263 East Arques Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nikhil Joshi to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente NorCal to a friend?
2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I had an initial consultation with him [Dr. Nikhil Joshi], and currently are waiting to start IVF. I had a surgery with him prior which was a hysteroscopy...For us he recommended a single embryo transfer. He stated that is is much safer, and we both agreed with him...He is very understanding and compassionate and honest!! He explains everything clear and well!!!...He is very warm and caring. He answers all my questions and responds to my emails promptly. He makes sure both my husband and I understand what is going on. I had a hysteroscopy performed with him and he did a wonderful job making sure I understand everything pre, intra, and post op. He doesn't confuse you will medical jardin and makes you feel comfortable to answer any type of question.
The REI clinic is great [at Kaiser Permanente]...However, we had to attempt 6 rounds of IUI's before having a consultation with an IVF doctor which I didn't like. Also, I didn't officially get diagnosed with endometriosis until I had my consultation with my IVF doctor which is disheartening, and I felt I should have been told this from the beginning. He also told me about my hysteroscopy procedure that I needed which I feel all this should have taken place prior to doing my 6 rounds of IUI. So, all this was a bit frustrating because it seems kind of backwards.
2019 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Nikhil Joshi at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nikhil Joshi at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
I would say to be patient because everything is a process, and he does give all sides as far as explanation and then he gives his recommendation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nikhil Joshi at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Describe the protocols Nikhil Joshi used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
I had an initial consultation with him, and currently are waiting to start IVF. I had a surgery with him prior which was a hysteroscopy. I was on birth control 3 months prior to that surgery and once that was completed I was able to get off it. As of now I am not taking any medications yet
We haven't specifically been assigned a nurse yet due to the covid 19 shut downs. We were coincidentally cleared for IVF right when the shelter in place occurred.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
The REI clinic is great they weren't any delays in care. However, we had to attempt 6 rounds of IUI's before having a consultation with an IVF doctor which I didn't like. Also, I didn't officially get diagnosed with endometriosis until I had my consultation with my IVF doctor which is disheartening, and I felt I should have been told this from the beginning. He also told me about my hysteroscopy procedure that I needed which I feel all this should have taken place prior to doing my 6 rounds of IUI. So, all this was a bit frustrating because it seems kind of backwards.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nikhil Joshi at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
We got an estimated cost based on Dr. Joshi's recommendations which estimate at $23K
Describe Nikhil Joshi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
On one occasion the NP did not place my order to have any Hcg blood test done which I had to call and wait at the lab for them to put the order in (which didn't take long to do). Another time my prescription for birth control was not put in as well which I had to call and have them out in.
Nikhil Joshi
Kaiser Permanente NorCal
Sunnyvale

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nikhil Joshi at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.