Boston IVF - Albany Center

Loudonville
399 Albany Shaker Road
Loudonville, NY 12211
518.434.9759
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Nina Resetkova to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF - Albany Center to a friend?
Dr. Resetkova is extremely passionate, she went through the ups and downs with us and shared in our disappointment and our joy. She is always willing to answer any questions you have and explains everything so thoroughly. When we had set backs she openely discussed our options and her concerns and adjusted our treatment plan in a way we both felt comfortable with...Initially we did one IUI cycle with at home monitoring, then did 2 back to back cycles with monitoring via labs and ultrasounds, then another cycle with clomid and monitoring with labs and ultraounds. Unfortunately none of these cycles resulted in a pregnancy, and the clomid cycle was actually cancelled because of an error with the lab courier during a severe snowstorm.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)?
Be open, ask as many questions as you want, and be willing to discuss the negatives and the positives of fertility treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)?
Dr Resetkova took the time to thoroughly explain treatments to me. When things didn’t go as planned she took the time to pick up the phone and speak with me, even over the weekend or during the day when she knew I couldn’t get away from work to come to her office.
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE) and their degree of success.
Initially we did one IUI cycle with at home monitoring, then did 2 back to back cycles with monitoring via labs and ultrasounds, then another cycle with clomid and monitoring with labs and ultraounds. Unfortunately none of these cycles resulted in a pregnancy, and the clomid cycle was actually cancelled because of an error with the lab courier during a severe snowstorm. We then transitioned to an IVF cycle using Gonal-F and menopur injections. We had to increase dosages during this cycle but unfortunately my body did not respond the way we needed it to and this cycle was converted to an IUI cycle, which did not result in pregnancy. We then moved on to another IVF cycle starting with the higher doses of Gonal-F and menopur, with this cycle we retrieved 8 eggs, 6 of which fertilized, and we had fresh embryo transfer on day 5. At this point we had 2 viable embryos, and we did end up with a singleton pregnancy. Unfortunately, we just recently learned that the baby was not healthy and the pregnancy was terminated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE). (Assigned nurse: Layanda )
Layanda was very compassionate, she always returned phone calls in a timely manner. She was just as excited as we were when we finally had a postive HCG result.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE).
Labs and ultrasounds are done in the morning, and they have very convenient early hours so it was never an issue getting to work. The phlebotomist at Boston IVF South Shore was amazing, always so friendly and positive, and truly pain all the needle sticks almost painless. The ultrasound technicians were great, even with my difficult ultrasounds they took their time and made sure they got all the information they needed. All procedures and weekend and holiday testing are done at the Waltham office, which is a great facility with wonderful staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE).
Thankfully I live in a state that has pretty good infertility treatment coverage. Some labs were not covered at all but, most of my labs were covered in part by insurance. We had to pay for donor sperm which cost about $4,000, we also pay monthly for storage of sperm after 6 months, which is $65/month. Our first cycle of IUI was $450, then the others were covered in part by insurance, but i has to pay a portion of each lab draw and ultrasound which was a $200-$400 a month depending on how many appointments I needed with each cycle. My first round of IVF medication cost about $600, and I did do a pre and post acupuncture session on the cycle we converted to IUI that was $160. Once I reached my insurance deductible I stopped having to pay for labs, ultrasounds, and medications.
Describe Nina Resetkova 's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE).
Our plan was to only transfer 2 embryos, in the end we only had 2 to transfer, one of which looked really great and the other was just at an okay stage. So we opted to transfer both.
Nina Resetkova
Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)
South Shore

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE).

She [Dr. Resetkova] was very interested in making sure she followed up on my questions, she spoke to me in passing and took the time to ask questions to follow up as she made sure I understood the process...She asked alot of questions, required medical tests and followed up with phone calls. She took the time to listen and offer options. We are not well off so she worked with our insurance to do what was covered.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF - Albany Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF - Albany Center?
You are in good hands. Ask as many questions as you need to.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF - Albany Center?
She was very interested in making sure she followed up on my questions, she spoke to me in passing and took the time to ask questions to follow up as she made sure I understood the process.
Describe the protocols Nina Resetkova used in your cycles at Boston IVF - Albany Center and their degree of success.
We stuck to Clomid as it had less chance of multiple babies. IUI was performed twice and now looking into invitro as we knew the odds of husbands sperm not being effective were very very low. If we cannot get assistance with the cost then we will go with donor sperm. We had spent 10k on adoption that failed when court turned over children to the father. Husband is jail guard and Im an author and pet groomer. We make enough to pay the mortgage and bills but not alot more than that. Cost is what is keeping us from invitro but that would be the more ideal route. Huband wants to be the father.
Upbeat.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF - Albany Center.
Need more clinics in the upstate region. Weakness was distance drive 2 hours to get there. New patient needs to know to order kicker shots on their own for the 2nd round so that it arrives on time, give yourself two days and call to find out that order was placed. Freedom Pharmacy lagged.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF - Albany Center.
20$ copays. 200 IUI costs, 200 lab test.
Boston IVF - Albany Center
Loudonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF - Albany Center.

[Dr. Resetkova] took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email...When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time...She may take a day or two to respond but she will be in touch with detailed information or to connect you with the appropriate resource.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)?
Nina was extremely responsive and made sure I had the support I needed. She was direct, professional and clearly explained treatment procedures. When the IVF cycle didn't result in a pregnancy she followed up with me to express her sympathy and how we might try things next time.
Nina took the time to explain openly and candidly the procedures and limitations for the procedures. She followed up regularly by phone and email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE). (Assigned nurse: Luyanda)
Luyanda was my ally and go to person during this experience with nearly daily phone calls and reassurance. She was patient with all my questions and absolutely fantastic to work with.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE).
I was absolutely wowed by the quity of care i received at Boston IVF. You just had the sense that everyone there was rooting for you, advocates and allies. From the front desk to the blood draws, information on medications, alternative methods, and whole body mind well being - my expectations were well exceeded.
We discussed this and she left the option up to me fully informing me of risks and benefits for women of my age group. We selected two eggs.
Nina Resetkova
Boston IVF (formerly IVF of NE)
South Shore