Nurse available by email
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyHahnemann Drexel U.
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
6 Concourse Parkway, Ste 250
Atlanta, GA 30328-6117
678-274-6760
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Obehi Asemota to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aspire Fertility to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Dr Obehi Osemota gave me realistic expectations, but at the same time I had hope even though the odds were against me based on my numbers. She assured me throughout the process that things can change and we aren’t out the dark. Things changed instantly, however going through a cycle with a transfer has given me insight of what to expect. Unfortunately, I have to have another surgery to remove the fibroids and was given the choice to go through another cycle to retrieve more eggs since we are left with only one embryo. Ideally, we would love to since either case I must have surgery prior to transferring the remaining embryo. Dr Asemota provided me with all my options at every given time. I’ve had several surgeries during this process and to think I need to have another one is overwhelming, however I know that I am in good hands and will remain optimistic of what is to come. I’m grateful to have a straightforward doctor that listens to my concerns and provide me with realistic feedback. I’m well informed about what’s happening with my IVF journey.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Ask questions, be open and honest. Do not be afraid to voice your concerns and ask the things that are lingering in your head. Your doctor should provide you with honest professional feedback even if it’s something that may not be pleasing to you. I would also say be patient with yourself. It’s easy to want to rush things, however nothing happens before it’s time. This will save you from a world of headache.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
The office in Atlanta is the extension of the clinic in Houston, Texas. It’s relatively new and pretty small. The staff are great with communication and keeping one in the loop even when things may get a little hectic. My situation is a challenging case. My numbers were sky high and even though we haven’t hit the end goal as of yet, Dr Asemota surpassed what she originally thought. She wanted me to try for the sake of my sanity and my body produced more than expected. We hit many road bumps during this journey, but the human factor remained. Prior to IVF, I needed to remove my remaining tube, because it was blocked. After my egg retrieval, it took my body some time to heal. Right before transfer at my baseline appointment, we notice spotting, so I was canceled. I was devastated, however Dr Asemota explained to me why it wouldn’t be a good environment to transfer and requested for a saline ultrasound along with an endometriosis biopsy to be done to assure there aren’t any infection. Everything came back normal and we proceeded with the transfer earlier this year. Everything seemed to be perfect, but we didn’t implant and she wanted to do a hysteroscopy to look inside my uterus. We found out although I do not have fibroids inside my uterus, they are protruding in my uterus which may be the cause of the failed IVF cycle. She called me directly to give me the news and was so calm and reassuring that we still have hope with our 1 remaining embryo.
Describe the protocols Obehi Asemota used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
My case required an aggressive form of IVF with high dosage of meds. The protocol started with birth control then afterwards I had to start taking GonalF-450IU, Chorionic Gonad and Cetrotide prior to egg retrieval. My body responded pretty well under this protocol. She was concerned with my numbers that I may not respond, but I was a fast responder to the meds prescribed. Prior to egg retrieval she prescribed Azithromycin, baby aspirin, low-hcg 10IU for the trigger shot. For transfer, I took estradiol 2mg 3 times per day, along with estradiol patches(changed every 3 days), baby aspirin, and progesterone in oil IM shots at night.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility.
The nursing staff was always warm and friendly! They made a very uncomfortable situation bearable. I’m grateful to have such a great team that’s compassionate and always available to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is fairly new and during my time there staff overturn was happening and things got a bit hectic during that time. With anything new it’s possible to happen since people are feeling out positions etc. Since then it has become more settled, better systems are put in place such as the automated phone system. The clinic is not in a stand alone building. It’s in a corporate building. I was taken aback by this, but it worked out fine. There’s a free parking garage with guest parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility.
1 round of IVF was $14,000 without meds. My meds ran about $5,800 more or less.
Describe Obehi Asemota's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Her approach in my opinion was based on the patient’s age.
Atlanta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility.

Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. ... I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer. ... She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
I was really impressed with Dr.Asemota! She's obviously incredibly intelligent, knows what she is doing and is trustworthy. She was always honest with us. I appreciated how patient she was when I was upset over a result. She has handed me tissues while I cried and told me that it would all be okay, I just needed to keep my head up.
Go in knowing that she is soft-spoken, but very clinical. She's patient and kind, but not warm. I actually appreciated her bedside manner, but I am a person who likes someone to tell me the truth nicely. She does that with no frills.
Dr.Asemota was very kind and attentive. She is a great doctor.
It was suggested that we try IUI first. I had my fallopian tubes evaluated, they were open and normal so we proceeded with 5 IUI cycles, we had one chemical pregnancy which was devastating, then 4 negatives then we moved onto IVF. I have low ovarian reserve, so egg retrieval wasn't a huge amount. Dr.Asemota was very supportive of a second retrieval and we were so lucky to get a number of embryos we were happy with and ready for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristy Sutton)
Kristy has been very good about answering questions. While we were going through the cycle she was willing to call us back on the weekend while the clinic was closed. I really appreciate her approach and her kindness.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful, in house lab, Brandy my phlebotomist is basically my favorite person ever. Niecey and Vernita were always very kind. Melody at the front desk was always nice and remembered my name when I walked in. Weaknesses: We were told from the start that our insurance was accepted. Even on their own website they say Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment "Aspire Fertility accepts all health insurance. If your insurer covers a fertility treatment, you will be able to choose us." yet, they started off by telling us we were on track and then suddenly a year later , they said they DON'T accept our United Insurance. This has left us in a financial mess. Billing has outright lied to my husband. Because of their error we are closing in on a time sensitive medication deadline for embryo transfer and I am unable to even get my prescriptions. No one will call my husband back. He was promised a call from their primary billing office in Houston last week and again a follow up today. He has called them, they have not called him back. I have requested my medical records and embryology reports, I just want to see them. I expected that we would have this billing worked out by now, we want them to be paid. I was told that I would have those and an embryologist reach out to me today. Nothing. Even if they are going to be late, I wish they would just tell us that is what is happening. I've been sobbing for a week because I know that our future is in jeopardy. No one should have to endure this. The process is hard, but this is heartbreaking and for no reason. It isn't kind, it isn't fair, it isn't just, it isn't honest, and it's 100% the fault of billing. I place no blame on the care team. They were wonderful, but they aren't able to console me if they aren't allowed to talk to me because billing won't correspond and coordinate with my husband to reopen that line of communication. I'm sobbing as I write this now. My heart is broken. We are so very close to the goal, and now it may all be gone.
Since billing didn't file anything correctly and then denies the insurance was ever accepted, although we have written confirmation of such, I don't know. I just know that they won't call us back to help us settle appropriately.
I really liked Dr.Asemota's honesty. She obviously was looking out for our best chance to get pregnant and suggested 2 embryo transfer. We agreed with her.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility?
Atlanta

Dr. Asemota was wonderful to work with. ... She was very honest and recommended that I try IUI before I tried IVF since my insurance does not cover IVF. I really appreciate her honesty. ... She was so helpful and kind during all of the visits, assured me when I was nervous and emotional, and prayed for me that it would all work out. ... She said if it did not work after 3 tries, that I should go for the IVF procedure.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Dr. Asemota was kind, professional, knowledgeable, caring, thorough, on time, and encouraging. She was very honest about my chances of conceiving and what I should try first and was so encouraging through the whole process. I really enjoyed having her as a doctor. I never felt rushed, never felt like I left confused, and always looked forward to my next apt.
Be prepared for an emotional roller coaster with any infertility treatment but find comfort in knowing that the doctor and nurses at Aspire are the kindest and most helpful individuals who all want the same thing that you do, for you to have a beautiful and healthy baby :)
Dr. Asemota was wonderful to work with. She was so kind and caring and gave me hope that I could successfully have a baby one day. She explained to me that due to my diagnosis I would most likely need IUI or IVF. She was very honest and recommended that I try IUI before I tried IVF since my insurance does not cover IVF. I really appreciate her honesty. She was so helpful and kind during all of the visits, assured me when I was nervous and emotional, and prayed for me that it would all work out. Even though my IUI was unsuccessful, she encouraged me that we could try again when we were ready. I look forward to trying again one day and hope to try IVF with her. I highly recommend her and Aspire Fertility. Everyone there was so friendly, helpful and positive. They made a very emotional experience as positive as it could be.
Dr. Asemoto suggested that I try IUI first since I had not gone through any infertility treatments yet. She was hopeful that it could work for me since my tubes were clear (I had a procedure done there to make sure that they were). She said if it did not work after 3 tries, that I should go for the IVF procedure. My insurance does not cover any procedure so any procedure is costly for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jaclyn)
Jaclyn was wonderful to work with. She knew I was a nervous wreck with the blood work and she was so gentle and kind and helped me stay calm. She answered all my questions (in person and through the portal) in a timely and professional and encouraging manner.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic is absolutely beautiful! It is located in the King Building in Atlanta. The decor is new and gorgeous. It is state of the art, the labs are clean, the rooms are clean and beautiful, and the staff is friendly, helpful and encouraging. I highly recommend Aspire.
$1400 for IUI not including cost of meds and diagnostic testing.
n/a I did not do this.
Atlanta

Dr. Asemota is a wonderful doctor. She is always open to answer questions and if she is not in the building the nurse would provide her my questions and she would email me the answer and if it was something where I needed to speak to her via phone she would call me. When I went through my miscarriage she called me in the middle of the night to check on me...I knew and understood every step.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Make sure you write all your questions down, because I hated after I left the clinic I thought of a question that I couldn't remember while talking to her.
At this fertility clinic they make it a priority to remember the names of each of their clients. So as soon as you walk in the door they greet you by saying your name. The whole staff including the nurses made it feel like a family.
When I began my IUI cycle the procedure was broken down and a calendar was provided to show me the dates of when I would come back, when I would take shots, etc. I knew and understood every step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline )
The whole staff was caring. When I was going through my miscarriage the nurse made sure she came to check on me and apologized for me going through what I was. She answered any questions I had and if she didn't have the answer she made sure she found out and got back to me.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The only weakness I noticed was when I had my d and c I was given much directions on what I need to do right after the procedure. However, when I called they made sure I understood and followed back up with me.
I pay through my app called Glow. The app provided discounted cost.
I didn't do IVF therefore we did not discuss this. However, I'm positive if I went that route everything would have been explained and any concerns I would have would be taken into consideration.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Asemota has never rushed an appointment with us. She always fully explain everything to us from risk to expectations. She doesn’t listen to respond she listens to understand and explain.... My Protocol was really simple. I’ll start with the vitamins. (1) 6000IU Vitamin D (2) NeoQ10 Softgel capsules (1) Geritiol Tablet (1) Baby Asprin As far as the heavy stuff I stimmed for 12 days Days 1-3 75IU Menopur & 250IU Gonal F Days 4-6 150IU Menopur & 300IU Gonal F Days 7-12 150IU Menopur &300IU Gonal F & Cetrotide Triggered on Day 13 20 Eggs Retrieved 16 eggs successfully fertilized via ICSI 13 Embryos (10 Day 5 blastocysts 3 Day 6 blastocysts )
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
Have a list with all of you questions ready when you arrive to your consult. Also have your records with you. It will make the process easier for everyone.
Aspire Fertility Center does not feel like a Doctors office. They care, they’re open and easy to speak with. Dr. Asemota and her tesm are amazing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vernita)
Vernita is amazing!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Anything can happen. When it comes to fertility treatments you must be proactive, research, ask questions and don’t be afraid to ask the question “why?”. Clarity is a necessity.
I have full coverage with my insurance so our only obligation is our $30 co pay with every appointment.
Atlanta

She [Dr. Asemota] answered questions and walked me through what we were doing. She let me set the pace. I was not pressured or bully into doing anything or buying anything. I felt welcome. Given that I do not have a partner, she welcomed my mother ... She welcomed questions and i was afraid of being up sold but she nor her staff treated me like that. They are all nice and warm.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She answered questions and walked me through what we were doing. She let me set the pace. I was not pressured or bully into doing anything or buying anything. I felt welcome. Given that I do not have a partner, she welcomed my mother
You go back a lot for blood work.
The staff is warm and welcoming. They remembered my truck was acting up and asked me about on my next visit. If you use their portal, the respond quickly.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
These are nice people with spacing in the waiting room so you can talk privately. The clinic is easy to get into and out with parking. For blood work they open at 730am. If you call after hours, make you let them know which state you are calling from. Aspire has locations in several states.
There have been up front about the prices and they are on par or below my research.
she said we would talk about that if i move pass iui
Atlanta

We feel extremely confident when we see Dr Acemota. She always has the answers to our questions and understand that this is new territory for us. She also will inform us if she feels rather or not she thinks something is a good idea like having twins. If your Dr. is not compassionate, knowledgeable, and eager to answer all of your questions like Dr. Acemota, you probably should try to get a appointment with her.... She demonstrated patience and empathy as well as give sound recommendations to achieve the best possible outcome. She never appeared bothered by any question and was understanding about our concerns.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
The one piece of advice I would give is to ask any question that crosses your mine no matter how finite the question is. This is not something you do everyday.
Dr. Asemota was thorough and understanding about this daunting process when addressed with our questions. She demonstrated patience and empathy as well as give sound recommendations to achieve the best possible outcome. She never appeared bothered by any question and was understanding about our concerns.
We are still going through the process. So far we have accessed the number of eggs, labs, and accessed spouse.
The nursing staff was knowledgeable and friendly so far. We have no complaints at all.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Clinics strengths are organization, staff, state of the art facility, and understanding of how overwhelming the process has been. Weaknesses are really it's just a costly process but I know that the process itself is expensive.
Process is expensive but I suppose it is expected somewhere between 18-23k
Atlanta
She [Dr. Obehi Asemota] is an amazing doctor. She’s very patient & will give a treatment that’s for you that is very detailed & puts you in a great position for success. I’ve felt so comfortable throughout this process.... She was very thorough & thou we feel that we should rush she showed us all options. She is very intentive.
How was your experience with Obehi Asemota at Aspire Fertility?
She is an amazing doctor. She’s very patient & will give a treatment that’s for you that is very detailed & puts you in a great position for success. I’ve felt so comfortable throughout this process.
Ask lots of questions! She will answer whatever you need.
The nursing staff can be a little more thorough with next steps. I feel sometimes I’m having to follow up with everything..
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
It’s easy access off the highway, you don’t have to pay for parking (not that I know of) & it’s a beautiful office. The lab is amazing & my husband felt VERY comfortable during his appointments. You don’t feel like a number there.
$12,000 IVF (without meds)