Medical SchoolWake Forest
ResidencyCornell
FellowshipHarvard
1305 York Avenue
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Owen Davis to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Weill Cornell Medical College to a friend?
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr Davis is a strong scientist. He is not a hand-holder. I felt like our interactions were very brief, straightforward and business-like....Clomid for 5 days (I'm 42, low AMH) and IUI. HSG after 4th IUI...I feel like there were several oversights in association with my treatment, and I wonder if his ego got in the way. As an example, he waited several cycles before performing an HSG on me. Most clinics use that in their initial diagnostic phase. IUIs with a blocked fallopian tube is pointless.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I know he is good at what he does. However, I feel like there were several oversights in association with my treatment, and I wonder if his ego got in the way. As an example, he waited several cycles before performing an HSG on me. Most clinics use that in their initial diagnostic phase. IUIs with a blocked fallopian tube is pointless. AND an HSG can increase the chances of IUI success. No reason in the world that this shouldn't have been done before I started. Lots of money down the drain, and I consider that careless.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
DO YOUR HOMEWORK and make sure you ask for as much info as possible. Silly things, like getting on a prenatal as you start treatment were never disclosed. You really have to ask for the things you need with OD, cause it will not be volunteered. He is not a bad human and I think he cares about what he does. But again, too many clients and a slightly large ego makes him a bit tricky.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Owen Davis used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Clomid for 5 days (I'm 42, low AMH) and IUI. HSG after 4th IUI.
The nurses are great. Slightly frazzled, lots going on. But they are caring, compassionate and smart. I liked them better than my doctor, to be honest.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is a factory. On the plus side, they know what they're doing and they are efficient. On the minus, there is not a ton of personal connection here. The ladies behind the front desk at the monitoring station can be quite cold. If you want warm and fuzzies, this clinic is not the place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College.
One of the more expensive places in NYC. Owen Davis charges for clomid monitoring, which seems semi-insane. Around 1250 / IUI
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr Davis was always knowledgeable About my situation...I would 100% recommend him if he had a different staff. He is always knowledgeable about my situation, answers my questions and seems to be on top of his game. Usually he calls me back immediately. Once i had been notified of a chemical pregnancy but he didn’t call me until Monday (i asked to speak to him Friday morning).
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be your own advocate with the nurses. Get the plan from dr Davis and question the nurses if they are incorrect or if it was different than the plan dr Davis mentioned.
Dr Davis was always knowledgeable About my situation. The nurses did not seem to always be knowledgeable and i felt like a number with them.
First time i got pregnant in 2016 after a natural cycle iui with estrogen priming for an ivf cycle i did not need to start because i was pregnant. I then did 3 natural cycle iuis (because it was successful the first time). Started Estrogen priming for ivf but had to Stop protocol Because i had a positive pregnancy test. Turned out it was a chemical pregnancy. Starting ivf next cycle.
They have made mistakes. Often i ask them to double check with dr Davis and their directions would change as a result. They did not seem to be able to answer my questions. Generally unimpressed. I had Katie last time and i thought she was on top of things. This time the nurses keep changing and i have not being impressed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Davis is great and very knowledgeable. Be your own advocate with the nurses and ask questions. When necessary ask them to double check with the doctor. The billing department is inefficient and annoying.
He was out of pocket. So expensive
10 Eggs Frozen
I met with Dr. Davis once in person and had a very nice conversation with him. He understood my concerns and was very willing to let me freeze up front, which I pushed to do, prior to a fresh transfer. They wil freeze on Day 1 which is different from a lot of places. He was open to me saying I wanted to do a low dose cycle and responsive by phone when I had questions...He's lovely...The pros of Dr. Davis are outweighed by the cons of the actual clinic.
10 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He's lovely- the clinic is horrible. The pros of Dr. Davis are outweighed by the cons of the actual clinic.
My issue is not with Dr. David but rather with CRM as a clinic. Dr. Davis was a lovely and kind human and seems like a great doc. I actually never saw him at all through my entire cycle except for the retrieval, which was just luck of the draw. But he was very responsive by phone- no email... CRM treats women like cattle. You are absolutely a number to them- not a person. It is the least patient centered practice I have ever come across. During my stims and monitoring I never once saw or spoke with the same tech, nurse or doc twice. Some of the docs looked so young I wasn't sure if they were med students. I was getting ready to offer to do my own ultrasound.... There was a range of nice and pleasant people, and then some who could barely be bothered to introduce themselves. Then you have to wonder, though measuring follicles is probably a fairly rote skill, there has to be some variance from person to person. If your actual doc is using these measurements and your bloodwork to make choices about your treatment and there's no consistency, it can have a negative impact. In other clinics there is usually 1-2 docs, maybe 3, doing the measuring and during teh rotation you eventually see your own. This was literally a different person every day. On two days I waited over 90 minutes for monitoring. There were literally no seats available in the waiting room. But My REAL beef is for how they handle pre- op and retrievals. On the day after you trigger, you have to show up at 6:30 in the morning with everyone who is being retrieved the next day. You sit at a conference table with everyone and one by one they take you back for bloodwork and to sign consents- again with whomever is on call. The once everyone has gone you are supposed to sit in a class and go over paperwork together. There is no concern from them if you’ve done this before and therefore don’t need to hear things you already know, and no effort made to separate the fresh from the frozen transfers- because you don’t actually need the same info for those 2 situations. They don’t care. I left the class but not before the nurse told me, “If you screw this up we’ll cancel you.” Nice. Then the actual day of retrieval, I was asked to show up at 7am. My trigger was 10PM so I know there’s no way they’re doing my procedure before 9AM. But they make you come early for their convenience and to keep the factory flowing. When you arrive you have to change into hospital pants, robe, gown etc and then sit in the waiting room with EVERYONE ELSE who is there for the same procedure- this includes the women as well as their partners, their parents, whomever they have brought. There is absolutely NO PRIVACY- which has got to be a HIPPA violation. After I got the IV put in I sat for another hour and waited for my turn. I literally heard the nurse at the desk say “ I have numbers 1-6 checked in.” They literally count you as a number. When it is your turn you go in with a group of 3 women. They seat you in another tiny waiting room where you have the option to ignore the people you’re sitting there with, or engage in conversation. Either way, it is a forced situation. The anesthesiologist comes in to go over your stuff in complete earshot of the other 2 people sitting there. Again, no privacy. And then you go back and have the procedure. You wake up in recovery and they as soon as you can sit up and talk they’re pushing you out to make room for the next. I was happy to get out of there quickly, but if you are someone how doesn’t do well with anesthesia, you gotta wonder how that would go. Again, Dr. Davis is a lovely person. The clinic is the pits. There are so many options in NYC why put up with this?
i was given 5 days of clomid at 100mg and then 75 meno adn 150 follistim. I actually only took 50 of the clomid instead of 100 becuase I had just done 2 cycles elsewhere with 50 and 25 clomid and had responded really well. So I jsut did the same thing- but didn't mention it. I knew it would be fine and my eggs retrieved were exactly the same as they have been for the past 2 cycles.
I never saw the same nurse tiwce so I can't really comment. I find it aggravating that they ONLY do instructions over the phone and don't haev any online portal or email access which literally every other clinic does now. They are stuck in the 1980s. you can pay cash to have a nurse come to your home and do the trigger shot if that is something you need help with. And Dr. Davis's secrretary, Tramaine, is AMAZING! She is so nice, so organized and so responsive. Can't say enough good things about her.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
See above
it was around 15K for a freeze up front cycle. I paid out of pocket. Although because it was relatively low dose, the meds were much less expensive.
Describe Owen Davis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
NA- freezing
Upper East Side
We did PGS testing [with Dr. Owen Davis] given my age...spoke to me honestly and explained in detail the statistical chances of success and the reasons for the protocol he’s chosen... is up to date on all of the research and is a preeminent expert in the field. I only saw him in person once because I live uptown and decided to do all my monitoring in Tribeca, but when I had questions it was very easy to schedule a call and he always took the time to speak with me and answer any of my questions.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Davis is up to date on all of the research and is a preeminent expert in the field. I only saw him in person once because I live uptown and decided to do all my monitoring in Tribeca, but when I had questions it was very easy to schedule a call and he always took the time to speak with me and answer any of my questions.
Have faith, and even though the clinic itself is very crowded and impersonal, know that an experts eyes are monitoring you daily and in charge of tour cycle and outcome.
Dr. Davis spoke to me honestly and explained in detail the statistical chances of success and the reasons for the protocol he’s chosen.
300 Gonal F, 150 menopur, Cetrotide. We did PGS testing given my age. Estrogen priming the second round. First round, 8 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized with icsi, 3 made it to day 5 (blastocyst), all anaploid. Second round 10 retriever, 8 mature, 3 fertilized with icsi, 2 made it to day 5 (blastocyst), one mosaic and one anaploid.
I didn’t forge any relationship wit the nursing staff, they vary as did the quality of their communication.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Crowded on UES location, and they don’t allow outside lab monitoring, so no traveling if you can’t get back every other day. The tribeca location was easy and civilized and little wait but of course Dr Davis isn’t there, so i never saw him.
Cattle call on UES, but very efficiently run if you weren’t at the start of your cycle. Tribeca civilized and well run, never waited there more than 20 minutes.
20-25k per cycle.
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
I had Multiple protocols [with Dr. Owen Davis] with various success but Antagonist protocol seemed to work best for me...Doctor Davis was always available to answer questions either by phone or email. He adjusted course of treatment multiple times when I didn’t respond well to stimulation. I have done 3 cycles with drDavis and am still in process of banking embryos for transfer. First transfer didn’t work out but I am still hopeful.
3 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask many questions and participate in actively in discussing and choosing appropriate protocol. If you can - have your retrieval done by drDavis - his hands are magic and I never had any pain or complications after he has done my procedure.
The clinic is large, it is always overly crowded during monitoring hours and you can’t help to feel like a number. However when I needed to speak with drDavis he was always available and either answered my questions through email or returned my phone call within a couple of hours.
I had Multiple protocols with various success but Antagonist protocol seemed to work best for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
I felt that the nurse was not always available and on many questions rerouted me to drDavis for answers. I understand that she was only part time and when I called was most of the time speaking to answering machine. However she did return the calls eventually but not always promptly.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Extremely busy, not always well coordinated, some amazing nurses and some pretty average once. Overall like any other large clinic I had been with - has good and bad sides. Over course of my treatment I really got to know some of the nurses and phlebotomists as well as attending and learned that if you request a certain doctor or attending- most of the time they will see you for your scans and that way there is a feel of some continuity through the treatment. I really like drPasternak - she was thorough and attentive with great reassuring attitude.
Always had huge lines but most of the time pretty efficient unless you neeed yo speak with a nurse- like at the beginning of the cycle and then can spent hours waiting :((
The cycle monitoring without transfer was about $9400, but there is a cost of facility for retrieval which is additional $1200. ICSI is about $2500 and additional costs for freezing and storage of embryos. Medications add up to another $4-5K depending on the protocol. After you are gone it all adds up to $20K+
I had done multiple transfers as recommended by my doctor since considering my age the chance of having multiples is pretty low.
3 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
Davis speaks very quickly but is also very thorough. It is obvious that he is very experience and is aware that there is not one or even 10 protocols that work for all patients. The cycles with him feel very individualize to you the patient based on your prior history...He adjusted his schedule so he was the physician who completed the retrieval for both of my cycles with him.... I felt like an individual patient with him rather than just someone who the standard protocol was not working for them. He was very engaged with adjusting the cycle. We did day 3 transfer, which was not offered by our prior RE, we also tried a co-cultured cycle with him.
3 IUI, IVF
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Pros Dr. Davis was generous with his time. After we became his patient, we could schedule a visit with him within a week of when we called for an appointment he also followed up all phone calls to his office and provided time on the phone to answer my questions. Even though Cornell is a group practice, it was obvious that Dr. Davis was making the decisions about the day to day changes in my cycles. He adjusted his schedule so he was the physician who completed the retrieval for both of my cycles with him. While I have not been successful with him and we are moving on to donor eggs, I had the best experience with cycles with him. I felt like an individual patient with him rather than just someone who the standard protocol was not working for them. He was very engaged with adjusting the cycle. We did day 3 transfer, which was not offered by our prior RE, we also tried a co-cultured cycle with him. He was always very truthful in his expectations of success and we never felt like he was trying to sell us or convince of a procedure that he did not believe would potentially improve the cycle. Cons Dr. Davis speaks very quickly. He also tended to be quite technical but that may be because he was aware of my back ground in genetics and health care. He spoke more often to me rather than my husband though my husband was present at all appointments with him.
Come in with a list of questions and refer to it during the appointment. You may also want to audio record the sessions
Came to him with two prior IVF cycles with complete arrest of embryos by day 5 and no transfers Cycle 1: birth control start, 75 U menopure, cetrotide and gonal F started on cycle day 5, gonal F low dose and dose progressively decreased. 15 eggs, 13 mature, 10 fertilize, 3 transferred on day 3, remaining embryos arrested by day 5. No pregnancy Cycle 2: endometrial biopsy for co-culture, estrogen patch start, gonal F only, cetrotide and menopure added on day 5, gonal F dosage progressively decrease. 18 eggs, 16 mature, 14 fertilized (all co-cultured), 3 transferred on day 3, remaining embryos arrested by day 5. no pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Susan, Katie)
The nursing team was exceptional! They always called back, answered emails and never made you feel like you were one of many.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
All of the staff including the physicians but especially the nurses, phlebotomists, scheduling staff, billing team and other support staff were always kind and compassionate even when we were having a tough day. Lovely waiting room, with very reasonable wait times.
Consults with Dr. Davis are $600 out of pocket. The uterian sounding is also $600 out of pocket. We had a follow up consult with him that he did not charge for, he also does not charge for phone calls. All cycle costs were covered/ cost based on my insurance which provided some coverage of fertility treatment
He was very realistic about our chances with 1,2, 3 embryos. He always made the decision to transfer 3 because of poor quality. We had the conversation that we would reduce if we had a triplet pregnancy. We could have also chosen to put in fewer embryos.
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Owen Davis] wanted to do a fresh transfer instead of a frozen one and wanted to transfer at 3 day since this was the old fashioned way. He thought the freeze and thaw and additional PGD testing on an older woman’s embryos might be too aggressive. He said we didn’t need to cherry pick at my age. We used the same treatment protocol I had used with my previous doctor using menopur and Gonal f. I started out with fewer eggs this cycle and he thought my ovaries maybe had a diminished response after having had four cycles previously. Even though we had fewer eggs than I had had in my previous cycles and I was reluctant to continue with the cycle he thought we should proceed.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He was very impressive. He had ideas on how to take a different approach after we had four previously failed cycles. He couldn’t really explain to us why our transfer didn’t work. When I wanted to know what we could do differently for a subsequent cycle, I never heard back from him.
Be prepared to deal with a big facility type of feeling.
He spent ample time with my husband and I during our first consultation and again after our transfer didn’t work. He answered our questions to our satisfaction. He returned phone calls. Only at the end, did he not respond to my email seeking advice on what to do next.
He wanted to do a fresh transfer instead of a frozen one and wanted to transfer at 3 day since this was the old fashioned way. He thought the freeze and thaw and additional PGD testing on an older woman’s embryos might be too aggressive. He said we didn’t need to cherry pick at my age. We used the same treatment protocol I had used with my previous doctor using menopur and Gonal f. I started out with fewer eggs this cycle and he thought my ovaries maybe had a diminished response after having had four cycles previously. Even though we had fewer eggs than I had had in my previous cycles and I was reluctant to continue with the cycle he thought we should proceed.
The nurse was good about giving you a calendar to start and keep track of things. The nurses were generally good with phone calls and emails. When I had bleeding and clotting during my 2ww while doing progesterone injections, no one I could reach on the emergency line could explain to me why.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They had a convenient satellite location downtown where I could go for monitoring. This location was much more efficient than the UES location. Working with Dr. Davis and his administrators was always easy. Once you have to come for monitoring, schedule of your procedure, preop, your procedure and recovery you feel more like you’re in a big institution.
The UES location was very busy in the mornings and on weekends. The Tribeca location ran very well and efficiently.
My insurance covered my care with Dr. Davis and most of my medications.
Given my age, Owen Davis was willing to transfer as many as 8 3 day embryos. He had had success in the past doing this. I was willing to go ahead as well. We implanted 3 of the embryos we retrieved an fertilized.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
My husband and I both really liked Dr. Davis. Easy to talk to, compassionate, direct with the stats but always optimistic, never made us feel rushed and took his time answering our questions always with thoughtful and detailed responses....you won't see him all of the time - the doctors rotate for monitoring, retrievals, transfers etc. - not unlike many other clinics. Important to note that he will make himself available by phone whenever you need to speak to him.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Just know you won't see him all of the time - the doctors rotate for monitoring, retrievals, transfers etc. - not unlike many other clinics. Important to note that he will make himself available by phone whenever you need to speak to him.
It's a huge clinic but the nurses and the doctors all did a good job of making me feel comfortable there.
I did 3 cycles with Owen Davis. 2 IVF cycles and 1 IUI. For the IUI I was just on clomid > 2 follicles > negative pregnancy test. For the first IVF cycle I was on Menopur and Follistim - 4 follicles, retrieved 4 eggs, 1 fertilized, transferred 1 > negative pregnancy test. For the second IVF cycle I was on a microflare lupron protocol - 4 follicles, retrieved 2 eggs, 2 fertilized, transferred both > positive pregnancy test but miscarried around 8 weeks.
Organized, compassionate and very responsive nurses and overall great staff. All very professional and kind.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
World class doctors and staff. It's a very busy clinic but efficient - they do a good job with the monitoring process and I never had to wait very long. It's a one stop shop with radiology across the street if you need an HSG and the retrieval/transfers are also done across the street.
Approximately $20k for an IVF cycle not including PGS testing.
No strong preference but based on my age and specific condition the recommendation was 3-4 embryos.
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Dr. Owen Davis used a protocol of] Co-culture, Estrogen priming & 450 Gonal-f & and 150 menopur to stimulate follicle growth; cetrotide to prevent ovulation; HCG to trigger. I had 1 successful pregnancy from this protocol. Co-culture, 150 Gonal-f & 75 menopur; cetrotide to prevent ovulation; HCG trigger. I had more follicles on this low dose protocol and had a chemical pregnancy.... Dr Davis is extremely knowledgeable and knew my chart and history inside and out before our consults.
2014 - 2017
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Davis is extremely knowledgeable and knew my chart and history inside and out before our consults. He is willing to try numerous treatment options and does not get discouraged by poor responders. Dr. Davis is extremely busy and prefers phone calls to emails. If you have questions, leave a message with his assistants, and he will call back quickly.
Dr Davis is excellent with dealing with finished ovarian reserve. He is willing to try multiple stimulation options to achieve the best outcome possible. If you need to reach him during a call, call his amazing Assistant, and she will have him call you right back.
Dr. Davis' nursing staff is extremely responsive and caring. There are a high number of patients for daily monitoring; however, most Dr's took the time during ultrasounds to explain the results and answer questions. Patients see whichever Dr is in duty for monitoring, retrievals and transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr Davis' primary nurses are amazing. I worked with 1 in 2014 who was fantastic. She left in 2016, and there was a period of time where a nurse was filling in. I experienced communication gaps during this time period. Dr Davis now has a new primary nurse, and she is also excellent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: very efficient and able to handle high volumes of patients. Flexible monitoring hours. Highly successful results. Weaknesses: some issues with billing/ filing insurance claims/ getting reimbursements. You don't see your primary Dr for most procedures. Retrievals are done at the hospital across the street vs in office, which is an added expense.
Monitoring appointments are very busy and the waiting room is full most days.
IVF cycle with co-culture: $11,500 ICSI: $2,630 Anesthesia: $800 Hospital admitting fee for retrieval: $1,005.84
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Davis is highly competent, intelligent, compassionate, realistic, and thorough -- all the things I could have hoped for in a doctor. He is a man on a fertility mission; he is all business yet still manages to make you feel like a person. Despite the high volume of patients he sees on a daily basis, he was always up to speed with my treatment and was available whenever I needed to speak with him directly. At no time was I confused about my treatment or what the next steps were going to be. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Do not wait to make an appointment - if you want to see him, the sooner the better.
Even though the practice at CRM is huge, everyone I met with treated me with respect and kindness. There are literally hundreds of patients waiting in the monitoring room each day yet I did not encounter any frustrated doctors, nurses, or other staff. Whenever I met with Dr. Davis, he was completely up to speed on my treatment.
I started a protocol of 300 cc follistim, 150 menopur for the first 12 days of my cycle - around day 8 as I was getting ready for the retrieval, he prescribed ganirelix to prevent me from ovulating. I was monitored every day or every other day with blood work and then ultrasounds. I did not have any side effects, which I am so grateful for. I was triggered on day 13 and retrieved on day 15, closely following my natural cycle. Dr. Davis retrieved 14 eggs, 11 of which were mature. Of the 11, 8 fertilized with ICSI, and 5 went on to be blastocysts. I transferred a single embryo on day 5 - prior to the retrieval we discussed my desire to transfer just 1 embryo if possible. I was thrilled to get a positive blood pregnancy test on day 28, and now have an additional 4 embryos frozen for future use. Dr. Davis did not recommend genetic testing in my case because of family history and age; he explained that it was an additional step to freeze and unfreeze the embryos and that in my circumstances, the risks were not worth doing it.
Katie is an excellent nurse and always answered my questions within a few hours. She is super thorough and organized - nothing ever fell through the cracks with her. I saw her frequently, but other nurses often did the blood work monitoring or ultrasounds. They were all great. Like Dr. Davis, Katie was always completely up to speed on my treatment, which reassured me that my case was being followed personally.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Many other patients have described CRM as a well-oiled machine. It is, which, when it comes to IVF, is a great thing. Having experienced both kind of clinics - more personal vs more automatic - I prefer this environment. Everyone is super nice and professional, but the automation keeps things moving smoothly. With this volume of patients, everything has to be timed to the minute. Despite the high volume, the obvious compassion and level of training from everyone - the billing team, receptionists, nurses, doctors - makes you feel like a person.
Super efficient. I do not live close to the clinic in Manhattan (I am about 2 hours away) so it was a pain sometimes getting there in the morning before 8:30. However, I never had to wait long to see someone (less than 15 minutes) and was always in and out. Everyone super nice and professional. Usually there are between 75-100 people waiting. The Mount Kisco location is closer to my house, but unfortunately not as efficient. I think they only have 1-2 nurses there, and usually only 5-10 people waiting, but much longer wait times (usually 30 minutes or more).
Medications - $14,000; IVF - $10,500; ICSI - $2,700; Hospital Fee - $1800; Embryo cryopreservation - $1100 per year; Individual consultations/visits with Dr. Davis - $550 each, probably around 6-8 of those total including initial consultation and follow up after achieving pregnancy
In my first consultation with Dr. Davis, I expressed to him that I wanted to transfer just 1 embryo if possible. He noted my wishes and said that realistically he could transfer either 1 or 2, but it depended on the embryos themselves: how many were fertilized, and how they looked on day 3 post-fertilization. This made sense, and post retrieval he and my nurse Katie kept me aware of how they were doing and how likely a day 5 transfer would be. Happily, 5 embryos made it to day 3 and looked good enough to wait until day 5 for a single embryo transfer.
8 IVF, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Owen Davis was very personable, listened to my preferences with respect, and was upfront with the statistics of achieving pregnancy at my age. He always called back within 36hrs of leaving a message, sometimes within 2 - 4 hrs...He was upfront and honest about what my chances were of achieving a positive outcome from a biological as well as a financial perspective. He expressed his own preferences for certain protocols and also adjusted to accommodate my preferences readily. He patiently answered all my questions when I didn't understand something clearly...
8 IVF, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Davis was very knowledgeable. He was upfront and honest about what my chances were of achieving a positive outcome from a biological as well as a financial perspective. He expressed his own preferences for certain protocols and also adjusted to accommodate my preferences readily. He patiently answered all my questions when I didn't understand something clearly.
He is very informative and can give you lots of statistics off the top of his head. Take notes to create a plan, as well as a back up plan, that you are comfortable with. Be ready to clearly discuss your options and questions before going in thereafter. Dr Davis is a highly ranked fertility doctor, not a therapist (so don't expect lovely dovey emotional support and hand holding). But do expect honesty and results consistent with the expectations he set.
Frozen embryo transfer over fresh - better success rates. PGS testing - Dr Davis was neutral about this. After several unsuccessful cycles, I did not want to lose time in case of a miscarriage. I requested testing eventually and he did not disagree. In retrospect, I would have started with PGS testing right away. After batching 3 retrieval cycles with 54 eggs retrieved, only 2 were genetically normal. Transferred 1 of the 2 and achieved pregnancy. Meds: Follistim, ganirelex, menopur. Medicated embryo transfer cycle: Didn't want to leave anything to chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Primary Nurse: had a miscalculation issue regarding cycle days and expected time of embryo transfer. Nurse was not very clear in setting expectations and I had to do a last minute stressful scramble with my work schedule. Spoke to Dr. Davis and requested to have nurse changed. Subsequent nurse was was very clear and concise thereafter. Nursing Staff: high volume clinic, very professional and friendly except for one nurse (eastern block - russian/ukranian?) who was a bit cold and never bothered to have me check my name/birthdate blood tube label like all the other nurses did. Surgical nursing staff for retreivals at NY Presbyterian: phenomenal. Can't say enough good things about them. Super caring and attentive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Expect high volume and the pros and cons that come with it. Less personal attention but very efficient. The retrieval procedures done through NY Presbyterian were as stress-free as I think they could possibly have been.
I went out of my way to get there very early in the morning to minimize wait time to 20-3min. Otherwise waits were anywhere from 30min to 2hrs. Going to the satellite clinic in Tribeca was extremely helpful as it was closer to me and less crowded.
Dr Davis is Out of Network. So I had to pay out of pocket for his visits and procedures e.g. hysterocsopy, pregnancy ultrasound. Initially I paid out of pocket for all procedures, meds and most bloodwork. They have a flat fee per IVF procedure with add'l cost per transfer. Within range of expected costs for IVF comparable to other clinics. My Insurance started covering IVF in 2016 - costs decreased significantly to deductible only.
Dr Davis was fine with transferring 5 embryos without PGS testing. Once PGS tested, he recommended eSET. I thought this was appropriate based on my age group.
Upper East Side
He [Dr. Davis] said that at my age (41 at the time) more embryos transferred was best and would increase my chances of getting pregnant. He did not recommend PGD, possibly because I didn’t have enough eggs to do that...I met with Dr Davis for the initial consultation, which included a sit down session in which he reviewed and discussed my prior medical records...he also did a physical exam including a breast exam. He also performed the hysterosalpingogram. After that, most of the contact with Dr. Davis was by phone or communications through his dedicated nursing staff. He always explained his reasoning and sounded hopeful without making any promises.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I met with Dr Davis for the initial consultation, which included a sit down session in which he reviewed and discussed my prior medical records I had faxed to his office earlier. At the initial visit he also did a physical exam including a breast exam. He also performed the hysterosalpingogram. After that, most of the contact with Dr. Davis was by phone or communications through his dedicated nursing staff. He always explained his reasoning and sounded hopeful without making any promises.
Be on time.
My issue was diminished ovarian reserve and being a non responder to the treatment. So we kept trying ... when I didn’t produce more than 1-2 Follicles, he said that he’d be willing to go for single egg retrieval. We kept On going and eventually Went for 2 follicle retrieval, and I hadtwo 3-day embryos Transferred But it didn’t take, possibly because I had to get treated for a severe yeast infection during that cycle, after the embryo transfer. We kept on going, had endometrial co-culture and eventually got to 3 follicles, 3 embryos transferred, and a singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Lewis)
Nurses doing phlebotomy ere quick, wait was never that long.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
You will not meet with your doctor each time. For the early part of your monitoring, it will be done by a fellow (usually in their first year). As it gets closer to retrieval, you will be seen by an attending. For the actual retrieval, there is a rotation of attendings.
Surprisingly, even when waiting room was full, it went quickly. They opened at 6:30am. Sometimes I got there late, ie 9am and it was still possible to do monitoring at that later hour.
All was covered by insurance except for endometrial coculture ($1000) and the fetal ultrasounds ($400 per ultrasound).
He said that at my age (41 at the time) more embryos transferred was best and would increase my chances of getting pregnant. He did not recommend PGD, possibly because I didn’t have enough eggs to do that.
Upper East Side
Upon my first meeting he [Dr. Owen Davis] was already read up on my whole chart and practically recited to me. He listened to all my questions and concerns and was very optimistic and hopeful as we proceeded. Although nothing was ever guaranteed he did say anything can happen and that kept me in good spirits. I always felt there was a genuine concern for me as a patient. He followed up with calls after every procedure to make sure I was ok.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Upon my first meeting he was already read up on my whole chart and practically recited to me. He listened to all my questions and concerns and was very optimistic and hopeful as we proceeded. Although nothing was ever guaranteed he did say anything can happen and that kept me in good spirits. I always felt there was a genuine concern for me as a patient. He followed up with calls after every procedure to make sure I was ok.
He talks fast so pay attention! He is very open so ask him anything
He took the time to explain everything. He was very realistic but always encouraging. He was always available if I had a question and called to follow up after both of my miscarriages with genuine concern
All I remember was we used lower doses of meds which resulted in 4-5 very good embryos each IVF cycle. My first dr/hospital used very high meds and only produced 1-2 eggs both times. Dr Davis took the time to see what was best for my body as opposed to some cookie cutter protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Ann Prusiewicz)
Elizabeth was available for my many questions. I did not see her that often though but it was not necessary. Mostly needed her for questions on protocol, etc. All of the nurses were warm and welcoming to me.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I believe they have the best Drs. I liked all of them. It was a very busy place in the morning when you are there for bloodwork and sometimes could wait up to an hour, sometimes just 10 min. There's no way to know. Everyone was friendly and compassionate.
it was a very busy room however they moved it along pretty quickly. Some morning you wait an hour some just 10 min, no way to tell so you have to come prepared with patience.
unfortunately insurance in CT was not covered for me so I payed everything out of pocket. He does not take insurance for his appt's either. The cost were astronomical!
we put back in all 4 embryos every time. I wish maybe we tried to freeze a couple but I did what he suggested as he felt it upped the odds of success.
16 Eggs Frozen
16 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I really liked Dr. Davis, but I also really liked and respected the entire team at Cornell. This is important because you don't often see your own doctor - you see whomever is in charge of monitoring hours on a given morning, and the doctor who does your retrieval is whomever happens to be on call that day. So I only saw Dr. Davis for my initial consult and one time when he happened to be doing monitoring hours. But I thought that all of the nurses and doctors at Cornell were excellent. Everything went exactly as described, all of the staff were 100% on top of giving me clear instructions every day, and I never had to wonder what was going on or feel like I didn't know what to do next. Dr. Davis himself is great. He took a lot of time to explain the options to me, and provided data on probability of success in detailed terms that I really appreciated. I am a scientifically oriented person, and I found that a few other doctors who I consulted with really glossed over the data, when I wanted to hear hard credible facts. Dr. Davis respected me and provided the information I wanted. He is compassionate but also got right to the point. And most importantly, I have full trust in his medical abilities. I was never scared that I was going to be overstimulated, because Dr. Davis and his team made it seem like they were doing an excellent job of monitoring me closely. I was not a complicated case, so maybe this isn't all due to Dr. Davis' skill, but I got a beautiful result, more than I even expected, with basically no side effects. I was just thrilled that I decided to do elective egg retrieval and freezing, and I would 110% recommend Dr. Davis and Cornell to anyone else considering it.
Set aside time to do some research on where to obtain the drugs - first have the Cornell nurse call them in to see if your health insurance will cover them, and if not, research a pharmacy with the best retail price. The Cornell team does not help that much with this part, so you'll need to spend some time on it. Also, do attend the "training" on how to inject yourself. It was worth it to feel more comfortable with starting the injections.
While Cornell has tons of patients undergoing cycles at any one time, the fact that they process you through their massive system didn't make me feel like a number - I appreciated that they had such a system, which made things efficient and move quickly! In his consultation with me, Dr. Davis truly listened, and was willing to take as much time as I needed to answer my questions and discuss my options. He is truly a caring doctor as well as being brilliant.
Dr. Davis used a basic protocol for me, with Menopur and Gonal-F to stimulate, followed by another drug to suppress ovulation starting halfway through, followed by a single trigger shot.
Instructions were always left on time, always very clear, and it was easy to get someone to call me back if I had a question. I didn't have just one nurse though - it varied a lot from day to day. But I was OK with that.
Tribeca location usually didn't have a long wait if you got there right when it opened. UES location did always have a long wait, but tons of people were there in the waiting room, so it appeared to be moving as fast as it possibly could.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
I had complications along the way, specifically a very dangerous ectopic pregnancy. I could get ahold of Dr. Davis any time I needed to. He responded quickly to all of my inquiries. He set face to face meetings on very short notice when they were warranted. He provided great patient care....Dr. Davis does not accept insurance, so you must pay for all of his services (initial consultation $600?, hysteroscopy $5,000?, hsg ???, confirmation of pregnancy ultrasound $750??) in full before they are rendered.
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Davis is very knowledgeable and is able to convey all information clearly. He is soft spoken, but confident. He prepared me for each upcoming event so I knew what to expect. He answered any and all questions I had throughout the 14 months I was his patient.
Ask questions so that you understand each procedure
Cornell is a large center. I feared there could be a chance of feeling like a number. But, I had complications along the way, specifically a very dangerous ectopic pregnancy. I could get ahold of Dr. Davis any time I needed to. He responded quickly to all of my inquiries. He set face to face meetings on very short notice when they were warranted. He provided great patient care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth)
Elizabeth would call each day during monitoring and provide all pertinent information in a clear and concise way. She was able to answer many questions for me and if she couldn't answer a question she would put me in contact with Dr. Davis immediately.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is a large clinic. Some days the wait time is long for monitoring, but the earlier you arrive the shorter the wait time.
The monitoring staff works quickly to get you in and out each day. The waiting area is comfortable and spacious enough for everyone to have a seat while waiting.
Dr. Davis does not accept insurance, so you must pay for all of his services (initial consultation $600?, hysteroscopy $5,000?, hsg ???, confirmation of pregnancy ultrasound $750??) in full before they are rendered. Then the billing department is to send you paperwork to submit to insurance for reimbursement. There were times when the billing department did not send the necessary forms, and when contacted acted put out by the request. The clinic as a whole was participating in my insurance, so IVF and monitoring were all paid directly from insurance to the clinic and I did not have to pay out of pocket. I believe IVF with ICSI and cryopreservation of embryos is approximately $16,000 per round plus medications.
Upper East Side
Dr Davis is a wonderful Doctor. I loved the fact that he always had a plan....The only negative aspect of my experience was that I felt he considered me as an easy case since I was young and did not investigate why I was not getting pregnant before starting me on fertility treatment. After 2 failed iui and 2 failed ivf he decided to perform a histeroscopy and found out I had a polyp- after the procedure I did my final ivf and got pregnant. I wish I had done the histeroscopy before starting with treatments
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Davis is a wonderful Doctor. I loved the fact that he always had a plan. I was devastated after all my failed cycles and he was able to give me confidence that he knew what he was doing and that it would work out well. I would definitely recommend him for anyone dealing with infertility, specially for people with difficult diagnosis. The only negative aspect of my experience was that I felt he considered me as an easy case since I was young and did not investigate why I was not getting pregnant before starting me on fertility treatment. After 2 failed iui and 2 failed ivf he decided to perform a histeroscopy and found out I had a polyp- after the procedure I did my final ivf and got pregnant. I wish I had done the histeroscopy before starting with treatments
Be prepared to spend a lot of money but in my opinion, it is worth the investment
The interactions I had with dr. Davis were great. He knew my records pretty well and always had a plan or next step, which gave me a lot of confidence that I would get pregnant eventually- he made me fell as a human not a number. However, those interactions were only in the first appointment and after failed cycles, in between all my interactions were with the nurses and then I felt like a number.
For the iui I had used clomid and then they performed the insemination. Ivf- birth control pills, low dosage of menopur and follistim. He added ganerelix when my eggs started to getting mature. Follow the retrieval I started the pio shots. For the frozen cycles I used birth control pills, lupron, estrogen patches and pio shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse was not very accessible. I am not from ny so I was doing an out of town cycle and struggle to communicating with her, getting orders and prescriptions. when I was 6 weeks pregnant I started bleeding and called the emergency line. They never got back to me, just sent me an email asking how bad was the bleeding - at that point I was already on the emergency room (thankfully it was a SCH that have already resolved)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is amazing. I have only great thinks to talk about it: the structure is great, process, technology used. The only down side is that due to the amount of patients you can wait for a long time to be monitored
The clinic monitors their patients early in the morning. Due to the number of patients the waiting time can be very long depending on the time you arrive - the earlier the shorter waiting time
I have paid everything out of pocket and it costed me approximately $30k (1 iui, 1 fresh ivf cycle, 2 FET and histeroscopy)
2012 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I traveled from DC to see him....I couldn't believe how much time he had spent with my file before sitting down with us. He also began by addressing why he thought I was experiencing the miscarriages. He didn't try to push more IVF until he had determined why the miscarriages were occurring.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I credit him with the birth of my twin girls and could not have been happier with my choice. He is a brilliant doctor -- creative and always trying to find the right solution for his patient, not what works for most patients. He did a hysteroscopy on me to look at my uterus before starting fertility treatments, suspecting that I may have some scarring that was preventing implantation. And he was right -- I have significant scarring from a D&C the year before that my previous doctor had never thought to look for. He promptly returned my calls and was thoughtful in answering all my questions. And he treated me like an individual -- I always felt as though I had very personal care. I cannot recommend him highly enough. If there is any weakness, I would say that the practice is large and other doctors often perform retrievals, monitor progress, etc. on a rotation. But the doctors at Weill Cornell are all exceptional, so it didn't cause concern. Dr. Davis was always available by email or phone if I felt I needed to check in with him.
I traveled from DC to see him. Don't rule him out just because you live outside of New York, if you have hit a wall with physicians in your city and your personal/work life allows for travel. He's the best and is worth the trip.
After leaving a doctor who never remembered my name and made little attempt to address my problems -- low ovarian reserve and recurring pregnancy loss (3 miscarriages) -- I arrived for a consult with Dr. Davis with low expectations. He sat with my husband and me for probably an hour and a half, repeating my medical history from memory. I couldn't believe how much time he had spent with my file before sitting down with us. He also began by addressing why he thought I was experiencing the miscarriages. He didn't try to push more IVF until he had determined why the miscarriages were occurring.
Elizabeth was very responsive and experienced.
There was a morning window, so I could go when convenient. The waiting area is very busy, so that does not feel personal at all, but they were orderly and efficient and the wait was not excessive. The waiting area has comfortable seats, water and plenty of reading materials.
IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Other
And most importantly, he [Dr. Owen Davis] was willing to take me on as a patient when no one else at any of the major fertility centers in NYC, Boston, SF, or Baltimore would (because I was 42, and had very poor ovarian reserve and endometriosis), and he was willing to keep trying for years despite terrible odds until he really thought my chances of conceiving with my own egg had become impossible and was no longer comfortable continuing to try. And even then, when I requested going back to doing unmedicated IUIs so as not to waste even a single chance while awaiting donor eggs, he was willing to listen to me and do them. Thank goodness! Because on the second one I got pregnant with my wonderful, normal, healthy son!
IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As I said, he's kind, respectful, and provides as much detail as one wants to know about one's treatment. And most importantly, he was willing to take me on as a patient when no one else at any of the major fertility centers in NYC, Boston, SF, or Baltimore would (because I was 42, and had very poor ovarian reserve and endometriosis), and he was willing to keep trying for years despite terrible odds until he really thought my chances of conceiving with my own egg had become impossible and was no longer comfortable continuing to try. And even then, when I requested going back to doing unmedicated IUIs so as not to waste even a single chance while awaiting donor eggs, he was willing to listen to me and do them. Thank goodness! Because on the second one I got pregnant with my wonderful, normal, healthy son!
Be as relaxed and nonchalant about it as you can possibly be, and keep trying. That's when it happens.
He's kind, respectful, and provides as much detail as one wants to know about one's treatment. The staff were lovely, too (with the exception of one obnoxious phlebotomist).
Dr. D told me it was extremely unlikely (maybe a 1% chance) that I would be able to conceive with my own eggs but that he was willing to try.  We did one or two unmedicated IUIs (with 1 chemical pregnancy), 4-6 medicated IUIs (with various doses of Clomid, an HCG trigger, and IM Progesterone after; 1 chemical pregnancy), and 7 or 8 IVF cycles (with various doses of Menopur and Follistim +/- Ganirelix; best cycle, which was early on, got 8 follicles otherwise 1-3; did 2-3 retrievals and only 1 transfer that didn't work).  He then told me that since I was now over 45 and had even worse ovarian function, getting pregnant with my own eggs would now be virtually impossible, and I should consider adoption or donor eggs.  I agreed to move to donor eggs, but said that while we were doing all we needed to do to make that happen, I wanted to go back to doing unmedicated IUIs on every possible cycle I could, so as not to waste even a single, potentially good egg while waiting.  He agreed to do it because I insisted, but swore it would never work. The second one resulted in a normal healthy son. He repeated the pregnancy test before calling me with the positive result because he didn’t believe it!
They were very good and pleasant. The nurses/PAs who did most of my IUIs (Dr. Davis did a few, too) were lovely.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Biggest strength is that the were willing to take me and made it all happen and were pleasant and efficient about it. Biggest weakness was one obnoxious phlebotomist. I hate the relatively new (done because of HIPAA) practice throughout Cornell of calling people by their first name and last initial when they call out for you in the waiting room as though we were all in kindergarten, but that's not their fault. I'd prefer they either ask me what I'd like to be called, or just have us all take a number like they do at the deli.
I think an unmedicated IUI including tv u/s was about $400. IVF came out to somewhere between $20-40k depending on what we did. I honestly don't recall the details. A few cycles were covered by my insurance, the rest I paid myself. It was expensive and it was a long time ago.
We never got enough for this to be an issue. But I would never have transferred more than 2.
2004 - 2010
He [Dr. Davis] talks fast, but explains everything, and doesn't sugar-coat. I am a scientific professional and I want to be given accurate information -- and I was. I was a surprisingly challenging patient -- came in as obstructive male factor, but stimmed like 5 years older than I actually was -- so we did some crazy estrogen-priming protocol when I was still 37 and it WORKED for kid #2. Plus: he's super kind...
2004 - 2010
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He talks fast, but explains everything, and doesn't sugar-coat. I am a scientific professional and I want to be given accurate information -- and I was. I was a surprisingly challenging patient -- came in as obstructive male factor, but stimmed like 5 years older than I actually was -- so we did some crazy estrogen-priming protocol when I was still 37 and it WORKED for kid #2. Plus: he's super kind.
Listen closely. Don't be afraid to ask questions. He will answer e-mail but keep yours short; his will be too. There's no one like him for aging ovaries. I owe my two children to him.
During my first cycle at Cornell. my mother died unexpectedly the day before I was supposed to start stims. Dr. Davis, and the entire staff, could not have been more kind. They held me on Lupron for a week and we decided to cycle. Cancelling would have been devastating -- I had to travel to cycle -- and it was the right thing to do, and they gently supported me through it. That cycle was successful. I love this clinic, & especially Dr. Davis.
Starting off: age 34, obstructive male factor & two failures at an Ohio clinic. (Sperm was frozen when I was 32 & we had a fixed number of vials that were shipped from Ohio to NYC; my husband could not tolerate another operation.) We did vanilla long Lupron, moderate stims, endometrial co-culture, success. Came back at age 37 & tried same long Lupron protocol; low response but did make it to transfer, negative. Then microdose Lupron; cycle cancelled for lack of response. Then estrogen priming & giant stim dose; still endometrial co-culture; success.
They stayed in contact & suported when we needed them. This was when I had first gotten a smartphone & was still amazed at how useful texts could be...the appointment coordinator for the co-culture biopsies was super helpful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths: unbelievably strong medical team & lab. Weaknesses: they're a big operation & necessarily run like one. (But if you think those compare in weight? That's your problem. Also: I grew up in NY and generally value competence & efficiency over politeness. So I'm happy when institutions I work with agree.)
Cattle call, but comfortable. Much more efficient than time slot appointments would have been.
Oh gosh. I think we spent over 100K total, for 6 cycles at 2 clinics, and certainly the bulk of that was at Cornell. No insurance coverage. The year we did 3 cycles I think we had over 50K in medical expenses on our tax returns.
Upper East Side
Dr. Davis was very warm and sensitive. Daily monitoring at the facility is much less personal. Dr. Davis was responsive whenever I reached out with questions, but you have to be proactive in order to get that attention....Dr. Davis fully explained every aspect of the process in a warm and compassionate manner....He will always call you back and will be warm and understanding.... I trusted him entirely and everything went exactly as he described.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Davis fully explained every aspect of the process in a warm and compassionate manner. This was important to be as it was my first cycle and I'm generally an anxious person. I trusted him entirely and everything went exactly as he described.
Don't be afraid to call with questions or concerns throughout treatment. He will always call you back and will be warm and understanding. If everything is going according to plan, he won't reach out to you, so you have to make it a point to call proactively.
Estrogen patches and clomid leading up to treatment. Follistim, Menopur and Ganirelix.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is very organized and provides all necessary information. Morning monitoring is crowded, but efficient. It can be difficult to call the nurses directly, but the generally return calls within a few hours. The after-hours answering service is terrible.
Monitoring can be crowded at the main site, so going to a satellite location during the earlier part of the window is best.
IVF cycle- $10,500 Tests, medication, special procedures (ICSI) billed separately
My doctor recommended transferring two embryos because of both male and female infertility factors.
Upper East Side
When meeting with Dr. Davis, he really took the time to answer all your questions. Never made me feel rushed. Always had an answer for me based off of statistics. He just really knew what he was doing. never made me feel like what i was asking was insane or unheard of..... I had one antagonist protocol. All i really remember from that cycle was a high dosage of stims. the next cycle was a low dose clomid cycle. and the third cycle was a low dose clomid cycle with estrogen during the tww. he suggested a hysteroscopy in between cycle 2 and 3 and there was a polyp removed.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I thought Dr Davis was very knowledgeable regarding my case and studies in general. Any questions I had for him, he addressed and reassured me of his reasoning behind the protocol. Will be using him again for baby #2.
Just know he speaks fast, be prepared to keep up. Also, have all your questions written down before you meet with him. That way you dont miss anything. He will get to all your questions.
the nurses were great! in between my 2nd and 3rd cycle dr Davis had a new nurse... i didnt really have time to meet with her- she did however give me good news every time we spoke. it was the cycle that worked.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
morning monitoring was always a long wait. if you got there at 7am it was no time.
it was morning monitoring. if you got there early it wasnt a long wait. if you got there after 8am it was longer...
all i know, it was out of pocket and not cheap.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I think that he's [Dr. Owen Davis] amazing - caring, smart, empathic, knowledgable and very trustworthy. I think the facility has become a bit of a factory and they sometimes forget to tell you things [the office I used for monitoring moved between cycles 2 and 3 and I went to the wrong place]... Dr Davis has amazing and sensitive bedside manner. His nurses were sometimes not the same way but he was very responsive when I talked to him about it.
2012 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I think that he's amazing - caring, smart, empathic, knowledgable and very trustworthy. I think the facility has become a bit of a factory and they sometimes forget to tell you things [the office I used for monitoring moved between cycles 2 and 3 and I went to the wrong place]
Go with it - he knows his stuff.
Not sure.
They're missing a sensitivity chip. No one has IVF because its been easy for them. I have had 3 miscarriages and a baby die at 3 days old. I don't need to be treated with kid gloves, but they could be sensitive when delivering bad news and also not deliver inaccurate assessments on a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Its a machine. That has positives and negatives. The monitoring staff is generally lovely. Medically it’s great. I think the difference between my first round and the last is that it seems less coordinated between the nurses. The strength is the doctors' level of expertise.
Some days were busier than other but generally very organized with friendly staff.
roughly 10k for IVF another $2500 for ICSI, $1k for Anesthesia
we did multiples.
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Davis is very knowledgeable and professional. He will also listen to your needs and concerns and is willing to change the plan per your request. He is kind and genuinely cares about the patient. He could quote various research result to support his ideas. He will always try different thing to see if it works...He talks fast and sometimes you could miss the point...We tried estrogen priming, low dose stimulation, microdose flare. Used Gonal F, menupour, Cetrotide and HCG. For low dose IVF used clomid. Most times 3 day fresh transfer.
1 IUI, 6 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He talks fast and sometimes you could miss the point.
Dr. davis has very good bedside manners. He is usually available on email and phone call even during the weekends. He studied my previous cycle carefully and tried different protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katie )
Overall Katie and other nurses gave instructions on time and returned calls promptly. I had a good experience with them
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is a very popular clinic. Morning monitorings sometimes can take a long time. However they are trying to do at a fast pace. The billing department is not so good. They messed up my billing couple times.
Overall the monitoring is efficient. Some nurses had a hard time to draw the blood due to my small veins. Sometimes lots of people were waiting during the monitoring hours.
$40k
Based on my age we used multiple embryo transfer
2013 - 2016
Dr. Davis exemplifies compassionate care and was incredibly thoughtful and sensitive yet direct in all of our interactions...Dr. Davis gave us hope and assurance while at the same time advising us of the raw facts regarding our cycle. He changed protocols depending on response and was very responsive to our numerous questions and concerns. Could not ask for a better partner in our fertility journey...
2013 - 2016
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Have faith in the medical team.
Used micro dose Lupron approach for a number of cycles and last cycle used estrogen priming and clomid. Used gonal f, menopur, ganirelix. They also as a Center believe in doing IM progesterone injections relative to a suppository.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Katie Lynch )
Very, very sweet and very patient. Listened to all my concerns and provided strong counsel when necessary.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Overall a very positive environment - did not feel very hospital like and everyone was very easy to interact with. Would like to have interacted more with our primary doctor but all the attending physicians are some of the best in the world. Wait times could be long if you did not arrive prior to 730am for monitoring. Also, spent too much time with billing.
$13k for the cycle including ICSI
2006 - 2011
Dr. Davis had amazing bedside manner was always up-to-date on my status. He was also very diligent returning calls or emails...I can't say enough good things about Cornell. I always felt that I had received amazing care. Every doctor was compassionate and up-to-date on where I was in the fertility process. The nurses were also wonderful and always great with getting back to me when I had any questions.
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
You are an amazing hands. Dr. Davis is a unique doctor with unsurpassed knowledge of fertility as well as amazing bedside manner
I was a poor responder to the I VF drugs. Dr. Davis put me on a protocol for poor responders which resulted in my nine-year-old son Max
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Don't remember )
All the nurses at Cornell were top notch.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very large clinic that sees a lot of patients. But I don't I feel that is a bad thing. They see a lot of interesting cases therefore they have knowledgeable in all facets of fertility
I think about $6000 for clinic
Upper East Side
Great bedside manner, never felt rushed. Really felt like he put thought and care into my plan and that he reviewed my records carefully.
excellent
great bedside manner never felt rushed really felt like he put thought and care into my plan and that he reviewed my records carefully every step along the way he returned my phone calls very quickly and was very responsive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: elizabeth lewis)
very responsive - returned phone calls within about a half-hour
dr. davis does not accept insurance for consultations and ultrasounds. it's important to know that after you have the consultation, if your insurance covers fertility treatment then your treatment will be billed under weil-cornell, not dr. davis - so the only thing you might have to pay out of pocket for is dr. davis
6 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Davis] is wonderful but we never saw him. Really lovely when we spoke with them. But Impossible to get a hold of; all through voicemail which is challenging for someone working >60hrs a week... It's a factory. Well-run, but a factory. It's [Cornell Weill] a factory. Well-run, but a factory.
6 Eggs Frozen
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is wonderful but we never saw him. I did refer a friend to him before I went, she went for 2 cycles and had great success. All-in he got 30k btwn me and my referrals. Would have appreciated some direct attention
It's a factory. Well-run, but a factory. Just feel like a pin cushion, throw your legs up, etc. not really their fault. Just a part of the process. Had very little interaction with Dr Davis himself.
Conveyor belt
2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Owen Davis is amazing. He treats every patient with respect and takes the time to explain every step of the process. He is also responsive by phone or email... Although I didn't get pregnant with Dr. Davis, I had a great experience with him.
2013
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Have a list of questions - he covers everything, but he also talks very fast!
2011 - 2013
20 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Owen Davis is a marvelous doctor. He is brilliant and kind to boot. He answers all questions via email or phone. He is a gem...Ask questions and be prepared to write things down because he is a fast talker....The billing department [at Cornell Fertility] is terrible, stay on them! Otherwise at a busy clinic phone messages can go awry. I had only minor problems with the nurses when the primary nurse was out of the office. [The nurses] are very knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
20 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Highly recommended.
Ask questions and be prepared to write things down because he is a fast talker.
They are very knowledgeable.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr Davis is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s a very experienced doctor and knows what he is doing. He’s also great in explaining all issues...I also thought he was very compassionate during the treatment, but he’s realistic and show great ability to connect with patients...he added some progesterone shots and changed the medication dosage depending on my results...was always very attentive to my questions and concerns.
1 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Owen Davis at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Davis is incredibly knowledgeable. He’s a very experienced doctor and knows what he is doing. He’s also great in explaining all issues - you need to pay attention not to loose anything, but you will learn so much from him. I also thought he was very compassionate during the treatment, but he’s realistic and show great ability to connect with patients
Cornell is a large clinic and I find all doctor a bit aggressive in terms of number of embryos transferred. I think they are quite aggressive and that impacts their success rates positively. But risk of multiples is very real and that may not be a great idea for many women. Given my own experience, I would hope Cornell would advocate for lower number of embryos to be transferred.
Dr Davis was always very attentive to my questions and concerns. He’s a very busy doctor, but shows total focus on his patients during consultations, exams, etc. finally he was also always available during critical moments
He used the antagonist protocol (similar to my previous clinic), but he added some progesterone shots and changed the medication dosage depending on my results (which did not happen before)
They have a very busy nursing staff, but Nurses are helpful, organized and keen to help.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strength: organized, efficient, great lab, great doctors and staff Weaknesses: billing is complicated in general; medical coordination (for pre certification and questions about out of pocket, for example) is not straightforward
It was very busy, but they were fast. One would need to learn busier times to avoid wait, but for the most part it was very efficient. They were also ok to bring my older child if needed (which I know is not allowed in some clinics) - I avoided in respect to others, but I did have to take my child sometimes.
Very reasonable for 2 Cycles (doctor was out of pocket, but I got partial reimbursement; clinic was in-network); totally out of pocket for a 3rd cycle
Had a traumatic experience and would not transfer multiple embryos ever again - I know i was a true exception, but my recommendation is for people to be more conservative and save unnecessary complicated pregnancies