6.7

U of South Florida

Pak Chung works at

1305 York Avenue

Treated 2013 - 2019
The clinic itself [Weill Cornell] was great and had a pleasant and clean atmosphere. My only criticism was the morning wait was often extremely long. Several times I waited over an hour for them to call my name for bloodwork and ultrasounds.... The nurses (Cheryl Sabatino, Sarah Fricke, Juliana Shen, etc.) were all very capable, knowledgeable and efficient. They got back to me within a reasonable amount of time and responded to my questions in detail. The nurses who drew blood, in the mornings, were also very professional and caring.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I could not have asked for a better physician than Doctor Chung. His genuine goal was to help me succeed, and I sincerely felt that he cared about the outcome more than your average Doctor would. I spent a span of six years (2013-2019) under his care, freezing and retrieving eggs and transferring embryos, and could not have been happier with the quality of care and treatment he provided me. There were several occasions where he took the time, outside of office hours, to call and explain things to me or console me when I received a negative pregnancy test. He is a true gem and a very kind doctor, in addition to being most knowledgeable about his area of expertise, fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
To a prospective patient of Dr. Pak Chung, I would say "don't be afraid to ask many questions". Dr. Chung is the type of doctor who appreciates questions and has the patience and knowledge to answer them well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Chung always treated me and my husband in a very warm, caring and genuine way. Even though I wasn't able to conceive under his care (probably due to circumstances out of his control), I have zero doubt that him and his staff/team tried their absolute best to help us reach our goal of having a baby. Dr. Chung always listened patiently to my long list of questions and never made me feel rushed or silly for asking them. His assistants, Lily, Liliane, Phoebe and Alice were also always available to talk to me and assist me, and extremely helpful at all times.
Describe the protocols Pak Chung used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
I would say that Dr. Chung started me with the basic protocol and modified it, when he saw that it wasn't working. With each round that did not succeed we would trouble-shoot to see how we could do things differently in order to increase our chances for success. Dr. Chung even conferred with my gynecologist several times, in order for me to get the optimal results out of a hysteroscopy, performed by my gynecologist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Cheryl Sabatino, Sarah Fricke, Juliana Shen)
The nurses (Cheryl Sabatino, Sarah Fricke, Juliana Shen, etc.) were all very capable, knowledgeable and efficient. They got back to me within a reasonable amount of time and responded to my questions in detail. The nurses who drew blood, in the mornings, were also very professional and caring. These nurses (who were part of the monitoring staff in the mornings) are some of the only nurses I've met who consistently were able to draw blood on the first try, instead of poking me repeatedly to find a good vein.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic itself was great and had a pleasant and clean atmosphere. My only criticism was the morning wait was often extremely long. Several times I waited over an hour for them to call my name for bloodwork and ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The monitoring appointments were mostly organized, except for the very long waiting process (sometimes 1 1/2 hours). The monitoring hours were a little early, but I understand why they needed to be, so that they can have your blood work results back by that afternoon.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I paid, out-of-pocket, $60,000 or more for costs including, egg retrieval and freezing, embryo creation, frozen embryo transfers, doctors visits, special ultrasounds, etc. The breakdown of the costs was very hard to keep track of, so I had to write diligent notes and create charts to stay organized and be financially prepared for the bills to come.
Describe Pak Chung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Chung was always direct in telling me his concerns regarding pregnancy of multiples He gave me all of the statistics, but when push came to shove, he allowed me to put in two, even though he objected to it.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I once gave a girl at the front desk my medical release authorization and she never handed it in. The girls at the front desk are a little too chatty with one another, and not super-focused on tending to the patients in the waiting room. They also slipped up a couple of times when I mentioned my last name, and they said the first name of another patient with the same last name as me, alerting me to the fact that family members were also fertility patients. The proper protocol should be to ask for your DOB and first and last name, instead of jumping to fill in the blanks.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Pak Chung was very attentive. The clinic itself you feel a bit like a number, but he was great.... He was direct and informative and realistic. He explained to us the science first and why certain things were going to happen. Even though he rarely did our monitoring ultrasounds, when there were issues, he called us directly and was helpful about answering all of our questions.... I am now in the process of a donor egg cycle due to DOR.
The clinic [Weill Cornell] is clean and large and easy to navigate. I wish you felt less like a number, but I appreciate going to a place with resources that can accommodate so many families on the journey. I enjoyed the tutorial classes but wished they were in smaller groups. I like the hours as well for monitoring. Since it is a bit of a routine, having the early option was clutch for getting to work on time. etc.... My nurse was good, but she was a bit hard to reach.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We went to a few places for consults and both my husband and I liked his style and approach. He was direct and informative and realistic. He explained to us the science first and why certain things were going to happen. Even though he rarely did our monitoring ultrasounds, when there were issues, he called us directly and was helpful about answering all of our questions.
No Complaints. I truly enjoyed working with him.
I don't really remember the protocol. The last treatment I had was in September. I am now in the process of a donor egg cycle due to DOR.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My nurse was good, but she was a bit hard to reach. I find the nurses that deal with the egg donor program to be a bit more responsive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is clean and large and easy to navigate. I wish you felt less like a number, but I appreciate going to a place with resources that can accommodate so many families on the journey. I enjoyed the tutorial classes but wished they were in smaller groups. I like the hours as well for monitoring. Since it is a bit of a routine, having the early option was clutch for getting to work on time. etc.
i don't remember
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Small discrepancy with medication. No big deal. My advice to anyone on this path is to get your meds early!
Upper West Side
Treated 2017 - 2018
He [Dr. Pak Chung] personally calls you after every major result. He seems to genuinely care about your results. He has great bedside mannerisms...Explains things in great detail... Listens to my concerns. Adjusts the protocol appropriately. Performs further testing for further assessment of our issues...expect long descriptive answers and his honest opinion...FET 2 natural cycle w progesterone injections 1cc, baby aspirin and folic acid. BFN.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] were very compassionate. They remembered my case and seemed to really care about my outcomes...Sometimes a long wait but sometimes not. Definitely felt like a factory [for monitoring appointments]...It’s a large place, but it feels small because the team seems to remember you and your case. Since it is big during egg retrieval you don’t typically see your dr. I do feel like they could be more through w their initial assessments w patients prior to starting ivf.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Great bedside mannerisms. Explains things in great detail. Seems to be genuinely concerned for our results. Listens to my concerns. Adjusts the protocol appropriately. Performs further testing for further assessment of our issues.
Ask questions, but expect long descriptive answers and his honest opinion.
He personally calls you after every major result. He seems to genuinely care about your results. He has great bedside mannerisms.
Egg retrieval gonal f, menopur and cetrotide. Fresh transfer: progesterone. BFN. FET 1. Natural cycle c progestrone suppositories. BFP, but miscarriage at 6 weeks. FET 2 natural cycle w progesterone injections 1cc, baby aspirin and folic acid. BFN.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses were very compassionate. They remembered my case and seemed to really care about my outcomes.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Sometimes a long wait but sometimes not. Definitely felt like a factory.
It was covered under insurance
All of mine where single embryo transfers. FET were with PGS tested embryos he doesn’t recommend more than 1 w PGS.
Treated 2016
In my earlier response, I described Dr Chung as a very compassionate and supportive doctor. He has great bedside manner, and he never rushed me along. He is very caring. He did a couple of the ultrasounds and his technique was gentle. I've had other doctors at Cornell perform the ultrasound and it just felt like they were jabbing me and causing discomfort, without any recognition that it was painful.
approximate total for one round of IVF cost me about $22,000+ [at Cornell]. That includes medications which were around $5-6k. I was able to lower the estimated medication costs of $8K but receiving donations from friends that had unused medications. To use the hospital at NY Presbyterian (for retrievals and transfer) cost an additional $1100. The cycle itself cost about $10K, then additional fees for ICSI, embryo culture, egg freezing, and some other items I can't remember.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all your questions during the consult, he won't rush you. And he won't look at you like you're crazy.
Dr Chung was very compassionate, did not rush me through our consult, answered all my questions and concerns, and really took the time to make me feel heard. He called me personally after the retrieval to give me an update, and also called me to provide status on the embryo development. When the cycle didn't work out, he was very empathetic and supportive.
Follistim (300iu) daily and 150 Menopur, HCG trigger shot. Then progesterone shots after retrieval. We transferred 2 Day 3 embryos since they didn't look like they were going to make it to Day 5, so Dr Chung suggested we transfer at Day 3, hoping the embryos would be happier in the uterine environment since they weren't development as quickly as they should. Sadly, the embryos did not implant. The original goal was to do PGS testing on Day 5 embryos, but that didn't work out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I can't remember her name, but she was very organized and straightforward. Very responsive to my phone calls and questions. Always received a phone call back within 2 -3 hours.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell has a lot of patients, so their volume everyday is high. The downside of having monitoring hours only from 6:30-9am means that the wait could be long. I tended to go on the later end of monitoring, closer to 9am, so my time there was about 20-30 minutes. There have been times I've waited close to an hour for monitoring. The clinic is clean, spacious, and well-run. If I needed to talk to billing, they would try to accommodate me while I was there. There is also a genetic counselor in the office. Cornell also closes down for a couple of weeks, two times a year, June and December. This is to recalibrate all their equipment.
monitoring hours were from 6:30am - 9am. I had flexibility with my schedule so that allowed me to go later. the wait was about 20-30 minutes usually, with busy days up to an hour. i would prefer more flexible hours. the volume of patients here is so high that there are women waiting in line as early as 6am. The nurses call out your name when it's your turn, but the waiting area is so big, sometimes you can't hear them. And sometimes I was afraid to use the restroom in fear that I'd miss them calling my name.
approximate total for one round of IVF cost me about $22,000+. That includes medications which were around $5-6k. I was able to lower the estimated medication costs of $8K but receiving donations from friends that had unused medications. To use the hospital at NY Presbyterian (for retrievals and transfer) cost an additional $1100. The cycle itself cost about $10K, then additional fees for ICSI, embryo culture, egg freezing, and some other items I can't remember.
Treated 2014 - 2016
Dr Chung gave me my miracle baby., after my last doctor told me to use donor eggs. He looked at my file after our first cycle With him was a complete failure and told me he would not give up on me. He is truly what all doctors should be and I am forever grateful for him....It [Cornell] seemed to be a well oiled machine. All the nurses were so wonderful and caring, I am not an easy stick and they all knew me and knew exactly what to do.
Even though Weill Cornell is an international clinic.. it definitely doesn't feel like it. I felt like I had personalized attention every single visit...It seemed to be a well oiled machine. All the nurses were so wonderful and caring, I am not an easy stick and they all knew me and knew exactly what to do.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Chung gave me my miracle baby., after my last docotor told me to use donor eggs. He looked at my file after our first cycle With him was a complete failure and told me he would not give up on me. He is truly what all doctors should be and I am forever grateful for him.
Trust him.. you are in good hands.
Dr Chung is an amazing doctor. My first retrival didn't go as planned . Dr Chung stuck with me every step of the way and made me feel like he truly cared.
Treated 2014
He [Dr Chung] wasn't as warm as my other Doctor but he was great. He's nice and cracks a few jokes to lighten the mood. Any time I hear of someone having fertility issues I would send them to him in a heartbeat...I've never regretted my decision to go see Dr. Chung, my only regret is that I never tried an IUI at Cornell because I had exhausted all my benefits for it (and a personally paid one).
The clinic [Weill Cornell Fertility] is truly a baby making factory. That's why you're there and that's what their good at....Everyone at the clinic has a specific role, it's the most efficiently run operation I've ever seen. I didn't mind the way I was treated, I had 1 goal in mind and they knew how to accomplish it.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I was referred to him after going to a private practice. He wasn't as warm as my other Doctor but he was great. He's nice and cracks a few jokes to lighten the mood. Any time I hear of someone having fertility issues I would send them to him in a heartbeat. He's in the baby making business and he's great at it...and he has all the resources at Cornell which put my expeience on a different playing field. My original Doctor told me day 1 - "we'll get you pregnant" which was all I wanted go hear at the time. I loved him but at this stage with Something so personal and upsetting you need more than a nice Doctor and a positive attitude. 5 clomid cycles and iui's later no baby I had to go to the professionals. Ive never regretted my decision to go see Dr. Chung, my only regret is that I never tried an IUI at Cornell because I had exhausted all my benefits for it (and a personally paid one). Watching IUIs discussed with other patients there it was a very different run operation that at my original Doctor.
Don't think twice. Go! You're one goal is to have a baby, they'll/he'll be your best odds. Just know you're going to a baby making factory, that's how you'll feel because that's what it is, and right now, that's what you need.
Not so much the doctor but the clinic is truly a baby making factory. That's why you're there and that's what their good at. When I saw Chung he was great and sweet and efficient but he checked, he explained and he left. Often times as you're getting closer to IVF you're there daily seeing whatever Doctor is there. Everyone at the clinic has a specific role, it's the most efficiently run operation I've ever seen. I didn't mind the way I was treated, I had 1 goal in mind and they knew how to accomplish it.
We used birth control to start my cycle, then 2 different kinds of injectables before the retrieval. Following the retrieval I was on progesterone injections until I was about 7 weeks pregnant.
Some were more compassionate than others. Some were better at drawing blood than others. Overall, you're experience with them is limited, short spurts but they were great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Baby making factory. Efficiency like I've never seen in my life. Clean and nice but I must emphasize the efficiency.
I was working full time, so I went as early as possible. I was always one of the first 10 there so I was seen very quickly and had no trouble making it into work on time.
Insurance covered everythjng.
Treated 2014
IUI's were covered by insurance [at Cornell Weill Fertility] so we only paid copay...We did a few cycles of clomid followed by two IUI's...Dr Chung was very knowledgeable. He was very optimistic and approachable. Even after failed cycles, he remained positive which was very reassuring....He's difficult to understand so listen carefully!
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Chung was very knowledgable. He was very optimistic and approachable. Even after failed cycles, he remained positive which was very reassuring.
He's difficult to understand so listen carefully!
We did a few cycles of clomid followed by two IUI's
IUI's were covered by insurance so we only paid copay

Treated 2009 - 2012
Investor
Every nurse I interacted with was extremely nice and warm and tried their best to make all of the procedures and needles as comfortable as possible.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Pak Chung is a phenomenal reproductive endocrinologist. He has a warm bedside manner but is also very scientific and thorough in explaining the details of the procedures and results to his patients. When working with him you know you are in the best hands you could possibly be in. He is a wonderful combination of brilliant and relatable.
There is nothing negative to give advice about. I would just say you are making the right choice to go with him!
Dr. Chung always knew the details of my case without having to obviously refer to his notes. He engaged in discussions about more than just the treatment so we got to know him and he got to know us. He always greeted us with a big warm hello when he came in.

Treated 2011 - 2012
I couldn't say enough about him [Dr Chung]. He was wonderful. Caring, kind, intelligent, willing to listen to me, calmed my fears, set reasonable expectations, explored different paths when things didn't work, etc... Initially he wasn't super warm. Don't dismiss him because of that if he isn't super warm at first. He is wonderful.
Monitoring [at Cornell Weill Fertility] was sometimes long. If you wanted to be in and out quickly, you arrived before it was open and waited. Then, it could move quickly. Otherwise, you might be there for a long time. There were lots of women.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I couldn't say enough about him. He was wonderful. Caring, kind, intelligent, willing to listen to me, calmed my fears, set reasonable expectations, explored different paths when things didn't work, etc.
Monitoring was sometimes long. If you wanted to be in and out quickly, you arrived before it was open and waited. Then, it could move quickly. Otherwise, you might be there for a long time. There were lots of women.
Treated 2004 - 2011
This was a long time ago, but I clearly remember being treated with respect and kindness. All of Dr. Chung's decisions were intelligent, well thought out, and well explained. He's a consummate professional. We had been using another clinic where the superstar doctor was very casual and blase, and the office was un-professional and sloppy. The change to Dr. Chung was, in my opinion, the reason we were successful.
How was your experience with Pak Chung at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I seem to remember that he was a bit soft spoken and reserved, so you must be very direct and listen closely to what he says. I'd give that advice to anyone for any encounter with a doctor.
He wasn't overly chatty, but he was very kind, clear, and compassionate. I have great respect for Dr. Pak Chung.
I don't remember specifics, but he was much more professional and exacting and scientific than our previous doctor. He's not going to be your best friend, but he was kind and compassionate, and he was excellent at his work and took it very seriously.
I don't remember any specifics, besides their being very professional.
Our twin birth was the very best thing that could have happened in our family. It was the ideal outcome. I do worry that our children are part of a specific trend, from a specific time in history, and that may negatively impact them in some way that I cannot yet predict.