Nurse available by email
ResidencyColumbia
FellowshipColumbia
140 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Patricia Hughes to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas to a friend?
I think they [IRMS] try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.... [Monitoring Appointments] I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.... Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.... I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Hughes has 30+ years of experience and when i initially went to consult her i felt so confident that she was the right fit for me , but 1.5 years in treatment with 5 failed iuis and 2 failed ivfs later (more than $30K later) , i feel i should have switched sooner. I know REs are not god but if i took any question or suggestion to better the result of our treatments she was not very open to them . I had to literally argue with her to get ERA procedure done . Initially she had also advised me against PGS testing , which i still did . I am glad i did that else i would have wasted more money on transfering aneuploid embryos . I felt she was less flexible with her approach. When i met her after my failed cycles she would put a sad face and she also said "i don't know how could i couple be so unlucky". You don't expect to hear this from a fertility Dr. Bottomline is - If i was a millionaire and if i could afford all the IVFs in the world i would not have gone to her again. I would have tried RMA instead (which is so expensive) :( I am still struggling to start a family. I have left her clinic and am on a break before i dive again in this ocean of treatments and find a better RE who listens.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Please don't trust blindly on her. Do your research and take second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was treated as a Human at Dr Hughes. She doesn't have a huge practice so there were not a million patients lining up. But i feel she could have done better.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2 iuis with letrozol 1 ivf with - Gonal F + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo 2nd ivf with - Foliistm + Menopur + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo . I also did ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Illiyana Zampella)
Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I think they try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Close to $30,000
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She always promoted single embryo transfer . Unfortunately both my IVF rounds only resulted in 1 euploid embryos each time.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.

7 Eggs Frozen
I had a lot of eggs that were showing up on the sonogram. SO much so that we started off on a low dosage to grow them because Dr. Hughes didn't want me to explode. Despite that, I only had a small amount of viable eggs. It was disappointing and I did a second round of retrieval to get more eggs. Setting the expectation- that you really don't know until the retrieval- made all the difference in terms of handling the disappointment.
They've [Institute for Reproductive Medicine at Science] been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered..... Dr. Hughes has extensive history in fertility treatments. I love that she explained how IVF was only really relatively new in terms of truly being effective. The fact that she set expectations during each visit was gratifying and I loved that she only revolved my cycle around her hospital schedule so that she could be the one to do the retrieval.
7 Eggs Frozen
To trust her.
Every time I met with the doctor, she seemed to have all the time in the world for me and explained everything to me in terms of science and expectations.
Very easy to work with, kind, gentle.
Strength- they've been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered.
I think it was about $10,000 per cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

The doctor [Dr. Hughes] and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.... We were new to fertility treatments and the doctor explained the treatment well. I was anxious initially but the doctor and the nurse made me feel comfortable with every visit. It was nice that the same doctor would visit me every time unlike some other clinics.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here [at Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
Ask lot of questions.
The doctor and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.
The nurse was very kind and gentle, I'd feel so much at ease around her.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
The IUI for a cycle was about $200