U. of Albany

140 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601

1 patient review filtered by:

Treated 2017 - 2018
I think they [IRMS] try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.... [Monitoring Appointments] I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.... Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.... I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Dr Hughes has 30+ years of experience and when i initially went to consult her i felt so confident that she was the right fit for me , but 1.5 years in treatment with 5 failed iuis and 2 failed ivfs later (more than $30K later) , i feel i should have switched sooner. I know REs are not god but if i took any question or suggestion to better the result of our treatments she was not very open to them . I had to literally argue with her to get ERA procedure done . Initially she had also advised me against PGS testing , which i still did . I am glad i did that else i would have wasted more money on transfering aneuploid embryos . I felt she was less flexible with her approach. When i met her after my failed cycles she would put a sad face and she also said "i don't know how could i couple be so unlucky". You don't expect to hear this from a fertility Dr. Bottomline is - If i was a millionaire and if i could afford all the IVFs in the world i would not have gone to her again. I would have tried RMA instead (which is so expensive) :( I am still struggling to start a family. I have left her clinic and am on a break before i dive again in this ocean of treatments and find a better RE who listens.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Please don't trust blindly on her. Do your research and take second opinions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
I was treated as a Human at Dr Hughes. She doesn't have a huge practice so there were not a million patients lining up. But i feel she could have done better.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
I did the following 3 iuis with clomid 2 iuis with letrozol 1 ivf with - Gonal F + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo 2nd ivf with - Foliistm + Menopur + cetrotide + hcg trigger +icsi + pgs testing the only euploid embryo . I also did ERA (Endometrial Receptivity Analysis)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas. (Assigned nurse: Illiyana Zampella)
Illiyana was a great nurse . She was sweet , compassionate and very calm.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I think they try to play safe and hence the results are not exceptional. I really can't comment on the embryologist because you just have to trust them and their ability. But sometimes i wonder if my failed embryo transfer were a result of their mistakes \ mishandling.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I would usually spent 1.5 hr for blood work and monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Close to $30,000
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
She always promoted single embryo transfer . Unfortunately both my IVF rounds only resulted in 1 euploid embryos each time.
What specific things went wrong at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Patricia Hughes