U. of Albany

140 Prospect Ave
Hackensack, NJ 07601

Treated 2015 - 2016
Success w/ Doc 7 Eggs Frozen
I had a lot of eggs that were showing up on the sonogram. SO much so that we started off on a low dosage to grow them because Dr. Hughes didn't want me to explode. Despite that, I only had a small amount of viable eggs. It was disappointing and I did a second round of retrieval to get more eggs. Setting the expectation- that you really don't know until the retrieval- made all the difference in terms of handling the disappointment.
They've [Institute for Reproductive Medicine at Science] been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered..... Dr. Hughes has extensive history in fertility treatments. I love that she explained how IVF was only really relatively new in terms of truly being effective. The fact that she set expectations during each visit was gratifying and I loved that she only revolved my cycle around her hospital schedule so that she could be the one to do the retrieval.
How was your experience with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
To trust her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas?
Every time I met with the doctor, she seemed to have all the time in the world for me and explained everything to me in terms of science and expectations.
Describe the protocols Patricia Hughes used in your cycles at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Very easy to work with, kind, gentle.
Describe your experience with Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Strength- they've been around a long time and have many doctors so I was always covered.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Hughes at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
I think it was about $10,000 per cycle.
Describe Patricia Hughes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Science at Saint Barnabas.
Patricia Hughes
Hackensack

The doctor [Dr. Hughes] and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.... We were new to fertility treatments and the doctor explained the treatment well. I was anxious initially but the doctor and the nurse made me feel comfortable with every visit. It was nice that the same doctor would visit me every time unlike some other clinics.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here [at Institute for Repro Med & Science at Saint Barnabas] due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
Ask lot of questions.
The doctor and the nurse were kind, compassionate. I would feel anxious going for the treatments but after seeing/talking to them, I will be at ease.
The nurse was very kind and gentle, I'd feel so much at ease around her.
I had a good overall experience though I had to discontinue treatments here due to personal reasons. It was nice that the doctor visited every patient and did the procedure herself and the nurse is very kind too. The cost of IUI was cheaper here compared to other clinic. They are primarily paper based and so there won't be much digital records - this would have been nicer to have.
The IUI for a cycle was about $200