Medical SchoolU of TX Southwestern Med Ctr
FellowshipWashU School of Med
4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
314-286-2400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Patricia Jimenez to a friend?

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Washington University School of Medicine to a friend?
From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. ... She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. ... She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. My husband was made to stand up for the entire appointment as he was uncomfortable in the chair that had arms on it and not once did anyone offer to get him another chair. When we expressed that we wanted 2 embryos implanted via IVF she continued to tell us she would only do 1 as that one might split (despite it being a 30% chance that would happen) and continued to press the issue of having multiples would make for an at risk pregnancy. She provided us with success numbers from 2-3 years prior and no recent numbers were provided. She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. I went through with one procedure a sonohysterography and it was the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had. They "exam table" is a chair and they literally lean you all the back to where the blood is rushing to your head. While doing the procedure the doctor and the ultrasound tech stood there for 20 minutes debating if they saw something or not. The she proceeded to tell me I needed a hysterscopy and if I didn't do it she wouldn't proceed with IVF. I was literally given no choice in my medical care. When I expressed my concerns to the doctor it seemed like she didn't even care that we were not happy with her. She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Don't see her. Ask to see someone else in the clinic as from what I've heard there are better doctors within the clinic than her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
It felt like are concerns were not being heard and when we expressed something we wanted we always got a response that was based on why they didn't want to do that.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I never got any protocols besides doing one test and some bloodwork as I discontinued seeing the doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
I only communicated with the nurse and secretary via the mychart app and a few times by phone. I would get some piece of information from the doctor and then the nurse/secretary would give me another piece of information and I was always so confused.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic was super far from my house. They do not send you the "green dot" parking pass you for their parking lot so you have to go up the clinic and back to your car so you don't get a ticket. They have a clinic closer to my house but nothing is done there and was never offered an appointment there. They don't have a patient portal for communication or flow charts. I honestly don't even know who all works in the clinic as I only met a nurse who did my bloodwork who was super nice and actually communicated with you and wanted to make you feel comfortable. The first appointment the front desk person was super nice and helpful and the second appointment the front desk person was older and slow and didn't acknowledge anyone for several minutes of them standing there waiting. There was always another lady on a computer playing music on her personal phone and talking on her personal phone and have no clue what her job was or way she was customer facing.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
The doctor did not listen when we advised we wanted multiple embryos transferred and is only willing to do single embryo transfers. Don't waste your time unless you only want a single embryo transferred.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
St. Louis CWE

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.

Dr. Jimenez and her staff has made us feel comfortable and are so attentive. They treat you like family! They are always accessible and are there for you! I can’t say enough about how much we appreciate her staff! They go above and beyond for their patients and their dream for a family!!... She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night.
She takes the time to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. If we got home and forgot questions or concerns she was an email away and always got back to us quickly either same day or next day if we emailed at night. She worked with us as far as timing for our IUIs. We drove 2 hrs to see her. She always made us feel more like family instead of a patient!!
Definitely be prepared to hear a lot of information. She covers everything and is very thorough! Take paper with you to jot down notes if you’d like.
They are all amazing!! Very attentive! They treated us like family! They went above and beyond!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The entire clinic staff is very helpful and friendly from the minute to walk in to the second you leave!! Great communication!! I can’t think of any weaknesses. It truly is an incredible staff! They are patient and if they didn’t know the answer to my question, they were able to get me to someone who did very easily!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine.
Given we had no fertility coverage, we were always made aware of the out of pocket costs for everything. There was never any cost surprises. They made sure we had and knew all our options in regards to the cost and financing.
I’m 38 and she was comfortable with a 2 embryo transfer. It was more up to me to decide after considering risks and benefits.
St. Louis CWE

She [Dr. Jimenez] is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year....Great teaching and listening... I am going to be doing the long agonist protocol. The thought is to suppress my endometriosis and reset my hormones.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Native American
She is very warm and welcoming and answered all questions we had. If calls occurred, they were returned quickly. She is new to the practice but has already set a great impression. I look forward to continuing our journey and hopefully having success this year.
Take detailed notes and make a list of questions for each visit. Write the answers down at your visit and remember to call if additional questions arise.
Great teaching and listening
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Ensure you keep track of your insurance and bills. There was an issue with a payment made in office and still has not posted. Ask for the green dot for parking if not sent in your intro packet. Also ensure an email is sent to invite you the online health portal.
We financed and 2 cycles with up to 4 transfers is $28k