7.2

4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
314-286-2400

1 patient review filtered by:

From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. ... She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. ... She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
... I would get some piece of information from the doctor and then the [Washinton U - CWE] nurse/secretary would give me another piece of information and I was always so confused. ... They don't have a patient portal for communication or flow charts. I honestly don't even know who all works in the clinic as I only met a nurse who did my bloodwork who was super nice and actually communicated with you and wanted to make you feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
From the first moment we met with Dr. Jimenez she was so nervous and made us feel uncomfortable. My husband was made to stand up for the entire appointment as he was uncomfortable in the chair that had arms on it and not once did anyone offer to get him another chair. When we expressed that we wanted 2 embryos implanted via IVF she continued to tell us she would only do 1 as that one might split (despite it being a 30% chance that would happen) and continued to press the issue of having multiples would make for an at risk pregnancy. She provided us with success numbers from 2-3 years prior and no recent numbers were provided. She insisted on re-running tests and procedures that I had already had completed prior even though they requested all medical results be sent to them prior to the first consultation. It's like she didn't even read any of the information provided to her ahead of time. I went through with one procedure a sonohysterography and it was the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had. They "exam table" is a chair and they literally lean you all the back to where the blood is rushing to your head. While doing the procedure the doctor and the ultrasound tech stood there for 20 minutes debating if they saw something or not. The she proceeded to tell me I needed a hysterscopy and if I didn't do it she wouldn't proceed with IVF. I was literally given no choice in my medical care. When I expressed my concerns to the doctor it seemed like she didn't even care that we were not happy with her. She has horrible bedside manner and communication skills.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
Don't see her. Ask to see someone else in the clinic as from what I've heard there are better doctors within the clinic than her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Patricia Jimenez at Washington University School of Medicine?
It felt like are concerns were not being heard and when we expressed something we wanted we always got a response that was based on why they didn't want to do that.
Describe the protocols Patricia Jimenez used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
I never got any protocols besides doing one test and some bloodwork as I discontinued seeing the doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Denise )
I only communicated with the nurse and secretary via the mychart app and a few times by phone. I would get some piece of information from the doctor and then the nurse/secretary would give me another piece of information and I was always so confused.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
This clinic was super far from my house. They do not send you the "green dot" parking pass you for their parking lot so you have to go up the clinic and back to your car so you don't get a ticket. They have a clinic closer to my house but nothing is done there and was never offered an appointment there. They don't have a patient portal for communication or flow charts. I honestly don't even know who all works in the clinic as I only met a nurse who did my bloodwork who was super nice and actually communicated with you and wanted to make you feel comfortable. The first appointment the front desk person was super nice and helpful and the second appointment the front desk person was older and slow and didn't acknowledge anyone for several minutes of them standing there waiting. There was always another lady on a computer playing music on her personal phone and talking on her personal phone and have no clue what her job was or way she was customer facing.
Describe Patricia Jimenez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
The doctor did not listen when we advised we wanted multiple embryos transferred and is only willing to do single embryo transfers. Don't waste your time unless you only want a single embryo transferred.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
The doctor stated I have fibrous tissue and when her nurse called she advised I had something totally different.
Patricia Jimenez