Medical SchoolRWJ Rutgers
FellowshipMount Sinai
140 Allen Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
908-604-7800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Bergh to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

9.9

5.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Bergh has great bedside manner. He remembered me from my initial visits five years prior and offered great support as I decided between two paths to motherhood.... Dr. Bergh gave me hope for fertility preservation after cancer, even while being honest about my limited chances. He clearly explained each part of the process and what it meant for my future. He brought compassion and humor when my news wasn’t what I was hoping for and helped me navigate my next steps.
2013 - 2019
9 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Arrive with questions and a notebook. He will advise you of what notes to take from your consultation so you can remember everything from your visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Paul Bergh used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I had to do two separate egg retrieval’s as my first med protocol did not stimulate me well enough. This was a challenge due to my low AMH and ovary recovering from cancer surgery. The second protocol produce three times more eggs and was much more successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Alana)
Alana was such a comforting part of this whole process. She was quick to call with results and answer questions, always eager to help. She even called to check in months after my fertility preservation.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
This is a big clinic but I still felt like I was followed by my primary team and only saw different doctors than my primary doctor while at monitoring appointments. It was fairly easy to get an appointment and each step was coordinated well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
The morning monitoring was super convenient. You could get in early, jump from ultrasound to bloodwork and be out the door in time for work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.
My fertility preservation was largely covered by a grant for cancer patients.
Basking Ridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey.

Dr Bergh took the time to talk to me individually and explain the treatment process and why he was opting to do that process over others....Dr Bergh was very candid with me and told me "how it was". He didn't sidestep anything because it was uncomfortable, he just said it in a blunt yet respectful manner. After I had a bad reaction to the medicine the first round, he worked with me to figure out a plan and continues to do so afterwards.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Don't see him if you want someone to hold your hand, he will just tell you how it is and keep going.
I am on track to do 4 medicated IUI cycles and if they do not take, move forward with IVF. First IUI I was given 50mg Gonal-F and then was increased to 150mg with an Ovradrell trigger shot. After starting the Gonal-F, my migraines that I have had since a teenager were uncontrollable. Reaching out to Dr Bergh regarding this, he switched my medicine to Clomid, 50mg for the second cycle. If the 4 IUI's do not take, I will meet with him beforehand to discuss the treatment options for IVF due to the necessary medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie has been a god-send during this process. She has a very upbeat personality and is always willing to talk or answer any questions I may have.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is definitely a baby making machine, so it is very regimented. I enjoy the process however it is not for everyone. I think there could be a bit more explanations during procedures and some more time spent with patients. It seems as if the phlebotomists are all very different and not all care for the patient and it is shown by how they draw the blood.
unknown
Describe Paul Bergh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.

2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
I saw him [Dr. Bergh] only at the beginning of each cycle, as well as when one embryo miscarried. He was compassionate throughout. It was always clear that he was the guiding force behind all the decisions. All decisions were made by him, even if he didn't see me and was using other doctor's notes to make those informed decisions. My actual meeting with him was lengthy and comprehensive, and I felt listened to.... We went through IVF with ICSI.
2011 - 2018
IUI, 1 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
I saw him only at the beginning of each cycle, as well as when one embryo miscarried. He was compassionate throughout. It was always clear that he was the guiding force behind all the decisions. All decisions were made by him, even if he didn't see me and was using other doctor's notes to make those informed decisions. My actual meeting with him was lengthy and comprehensive, and I felt listened to.
He is a great doctor and very knowledgeable and you will be in good hands.
Dr. Bergh took the time to discuss all options and answer my questions patiently. I was assigned a specific nurse who was always available for me specifically. I felt very much like my team knew me and my situation.
We went through IVF with ICSI. The retrieval was successful but Dr. Bergh was concerned that I would hyperstimulate, so he took the time to explain why he wanted to freeze all the embryos and do a frozen transfer in 6 weeks. Though it was disappointing to me, he really helped me understand why. And then the transfer of two embryos was successful, though one miscarried at 5 weeks, and Dr. Bergh was there to help me. The first frozen cycle used Lupron to set up the cycle. The second cycle went with my natural period. Both transfers resulted in a live birth. I have a son and a daughter now and we are very thankful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda Minot)
The nurses are assigned to each patient, so you feel like a person, not a number. My nurse was patient with me and tried to do what she could to help me.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA NJ has many satellite locations, which makes it easier to get to. The main location in Basking Ridge is beautiful and the rooms are very private, which is nice. They offer complementary protocols, like acupuncture, during the transfer, which makes it easier. The waiting times can be long if it's a busy morning, though if you get there really early, you can avoid that. They have great success rates and will work with you to make it financially feasible.
I sometimes waited a long time to be seen. If I got there early, I got seen earlier. They did try to hurry things along by getting blood done and then waiting for ultrasound after, but if it was a busy morning, I waited for over an hour.
At the beginning of my first IVF cycle, I signed up a special program through ARK, where I paid roughly $21,000 for 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles until I conceived. It was so relieving to know that if one didn't work, I wouldn't have to shell out tons more to try again. In the end, we used one fresh and one frozen cycle for my son. I think we spent another $4500 for PGD, which was fortuitous because of my 15 embryos, 5 were abnormal and I am so relieved I didn't have to live through a miscarriage from transferring an abnormal embryo.
Dr. Bergh encouraged one embryo though he allowed me two in my first transfer. He said he would pick the best embryo from those available to make it most likely to succeed.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Morristown

2010 - 2017
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with...Dr. Bergh and my nurse, Michelle have always given me the time and attention I need. Answer my questions and meet with me to discuss options...I had my son on my 2nd IUI using chlomid. I tried 14 more IUIs, first with chlomid, then with injectibles for Baby #2. Now I am in my 2nd IVF cycle with injectibles.
2010 - 2017
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Bergh is very knowledgeable and willing to meet with me whenever needed. He always evaluates my progress and makes my treatment decisions. He is easy to discuss things with and I feel very comfortable that getting treated by him gives me the best chance for Baby #2.
Always ask questions and understand the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Oliveira)
Nurse Michelle was trained by Nurse Danielle and it shows. Michelle is a wonderful nurse that I trust completely. She is very knowledgeable and always answers my questions. I am so very lucky to have her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Great clinic with latest technology. It is big with a high volume but I would rather deal with crowds somewhere where I am confident I am getting treated by the best doctors and nurses than in a smaller place with substandard care. RMA is the best!
At times it is busy but it is very well run and moves very quickly. The hours are great because you can go in early before your day normally starts so it doesn't interfere with anything.
My treatments were covered by insurance. For the IUIs I paid a co-pay for each office visit and for the treatments. For IVF, I paid a per cycle one-time co-pay and took out a personal loan for costs not covered by insurance.
My doctor prefers single embryo transfer but would discuss multiple if I am lucky enough to have multiple embryos to transfer. At this point, I will be happy with 1.

2012 - 2017
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Very direct and honest person [Dr. Paul Bergh] and able to handle tons of questions. Extremely professional and knowledgeable. Ability to built trust and explain procedures, risks and different scenarios. very empathetic...[Nurse at RMA of New Jersey was an] Excellent communicator. Unlimited patience to respond silly, original, ignorant, repetitive and reasonable daily questions. Ability to patiently explain every days procedures multiple times. Provided great support and was always available.
2012 - 2017
European, Latino
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Very direct and honest person and able to handle tons of questions. Extremely professional and knowledgeable. Ability to built trust and explain procedures, risks and different scenarios. very empathetic.
trust him
Dr Bergh was always available for my numerous questions. He is extremely knowledgeable and very personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Michaels)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Everyone is extremely kind, thoughtful and encouraging. every person you speak or interact with are a pleasure to deal with. Place is welcoming, neat, clean and quiet.
excellent experience, everyone very friendly and respectful.
i don't want to share costs

2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Dr Bergh went out of his way to explain everything to me. He knew I was well versed in fertility treatments and seemed to value my experience ....Dr Bergh tried incredibly hard to help me carry my own pregnancy despite many miscarriages previously. He held hope for me and was compassionate as well as straightforward when the pregnancy also ended in miscarriage...He will be blunt but he knows what he’s talking about.
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
He will be blunt but he knows what he’s talking about.
The nursing staff changed often and sometimes seemed a little disorganized but I overall had a positive experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I think that Rmanj is like a well oiled machine, and had total trust in them. I appreciated their experience and compassion even when my cycle did not work as we had hoped. They can be a little disorganized and I had to reach out sometimes to remind tvem of what I needed, but I didn’t mind and felt in control of my treatment.
He definitely prefers an eSET
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Basking Ridge

Dr Bergh made me so comfortable, he treated me like an individual, answered all my questions. He went above and beyond to help my husband and I have a baby...dr Paul bergh is the absolute best in his field. He has a professional bedside manor, he went above and beyond to make our dreams of having a baby a reality. He put me in a pilot study with acupuncture not once but twice He didn’t have to do this, he is so kind and caring. I can’t thank him enough nor can I find enough good to say about him.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
Be patient , trust, and ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Juanita Kaness )
She is the best
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Everyone is so nice. They all make you feel comfortable. Facility is very clean. Never any problems with anyone. Never had any scheduling problem. Always a pleasant experience. They all care about you and it shows. You do not feel like just another number.
Somerset
2012 - 2013
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He never over promised anything but always said " we are going to get you out of here with a baby".
2012 - 2013
4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
He held my hand every step of the way showed great compassion while making me feel like I was in the hands of a brilliant doctor. He showed the right balance of confidence and caution. He never over promised anything but always said " we are going to get you out of here with a baby"
You can trust him 100%
They were extremely compassionate and took the time to explain everything with patience and in detail. They never made me feel rushed and at times even allowed me to call my nurse on her personal cell phone after hours when I had a crisis
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Collins )
She was extremely smart, very good communicator and would always return my calls within a reasonable amount of time. She really got to know me and understood the best way to discuss issues with me
Basking Ridge

He [Dr. Bergh] sat down with me and got to know me. I felt like it was truly personalized care....He was kind, took his time with us, and accomplished what we set out to do… get pregnant. Dr. Bergh made me feel very comfortable and confident that I would get pregnant.
How was your experience with Paul Bergh at RMA of New Jersey?
He sat down with me and got to know me. I felt like it was truly personalized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Allana)
They are very attentive and communicate with you through every step of the process. They always get back to you to answer questions or concerns the day you call.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is very professional. There are many options/ facilities for monitoring to accommodate busy schedules. I was always informed of what was going on and what to expect. They answered all of my questions and made me feel part of the process.