Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolEast Carolina
901-747-2229
80 Humphreys Center
Memphis, TN 38120
901-747-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Brezina to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I felt like a human because Dr Brezina seemed genuinely concerned about our care. Sometimes I felt like a number with his staff and with him not giving us his true opinion of what we should do. He let us make the decision but I felt like maybe it wasn’t always the right decision...Some of the medicines I took were birth control, ganirelex, menopur, clomid, crinone, prednisone, and pregnyl, along with fertility vitamins and estradiol.
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
We felt like he was a very compassionate doctor. Like he truly wanted to help. He could see that we really wanted to conceive. And think this may have been the down side. Him knowing how we really wanted this, I think maybe we shouldn’t have done some of the cycles but he did them anyway.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Just make sure to ask him for his honest opinion even if it is against your desires.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
I felt like a human because Dr Brezina seemed genuinely concerned about our care. Sometimes I felt like a number with his staff and with him not giving us his true opinion of what we should do. He let us make the decision but I felt like maybe it wasn’t always the right decision. Almost like he wanted us to do a cycle just for the money.
Describe the protocols Paul Brezina used in your cycles at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
If I remember correctly the first cycle was a luteal lupron protocol and the second was antagonist. Some of the medicines I took were birth control, ganirelex, menopur, clomid, crinone, prednisone, and pregnyl, along with fertility vitamins and estradiol.
I understand that the nurses see dozens of patients every day but some could be a little more compassionate. Some days I felt like I was on an assembly like. Also, I don’t understand why they didn’t do a guided IUI to make sure the sperm was being injected at a good spot in my uterus.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
I think that the dr staff is very qualified and knowledgeable. I think my biggest concern was the cost. There were no discounts for multiple treatments. Also the billing staff took very long to get back to us. I don’t like how they don’t refund credits on the accounts automatically when you aren’t in a cycle. I also think they overbook. Patients’ time is valuable also.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
It was a cattle-call, but it was early in the morning and more convenient for me. Even being open on weekends was helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
There was no specific breakdown of what each procedure costs. That’s one thing I didn’t like. It was like a packaged deal. The cost is the frozen transfer was not clear and a lot more than I expected. After 4 IUIs, 2 IVF retrievals and 3 transfers, you’d think that some discounted rates would be offered. I know for a fact that some patients are given discounted package prices because a couple I know was given a 50% discount after the first cycle failed. We were never given such a huge discount. The cost is so expensive it seems that there is more the doctors could do financially to help patients
Describe Paul Brezina's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Each transfer except the last was multiple embryo transfers. On the second transfer I think we should have transferred all three embryos instead of two and then coming back and transferring a single embryo. This is because the first cycle was unsuccessful and the doctor was already concerned about the egg quality. So why not just transfer all three on the second transfer instead of doing a third transfer that costs us more money.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
We then did an IVF (ICSI) [with Dr. Paul Brezina], and we opted to do a frozen cycle, because this would allow for higher doses of hormones in an effort to get more embryos to freeze (this decision was based off the fact that we had fewer eggs than expected retrieved during the first IVF cycle). They had expected to retrieve 15-20 eggs, but we ended up only with 9. We had 5 that fertilized, and only 2 that matured to 5-day embryos and were frozen. Dr. Brezina strongly advises using 5-day embryos, and we agree with his rationale for a variety of reasons.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
In my prior response, I have already shared details with regards to our high estimation of Dr. Brezina as an outstanding communicator. We have faced a number of sad situations, including the loss of one of our babies, and Dr. Brezina has always responded with deep and genuine empathy and presence. I think it is also important to share how much we respect and admire Dr. Brezina's fund of knowledge and his clinical acumen. Since I and my husband are both physicians, we have high expectations for the physicians in whom we entrust our medical care. Dr. Brezina trained at Johns Hopkins, and his knowledge and clinical judgment are outstanding. He never appears to be following an algorithm by rote; rather, he takes the time to familiarize himself with the details of each case, thinks outside of the box, and is willing to share his honest reflections and recommendations with you. He has mastered the art of active listening, and he remains self-confident while also humble and open about what he knows and what he does not know. I could not admire Dr. Brezina more; he is the best physician with whom I have ever entrusted my own medical care, and one of the best physicians whom I have ever known.
Trust him.
Dr. Brezina is an extraordinary physician, and an even better person. He has treated my husband and myself as if we were his family. He makes us feel like he cares genuinely about us, and he spends as much time as we need to help us understand and process difficult information and make difficult decisions. He personally calls us to explain complicated test results, and he has corresponded with us over email to ensure optimal transfer of information. We had a very complicated situation with our last cycle, in which we transferred our last remaining embryo, and it actually split on its own and we had identical twins implant. We were ecstatic, but then I had an intrauterine hemorrhage and one of the twins died, and we were devastated. Dr. Brezina suffered along with us, and his compassion and bedside manner were outstanding. In the spirit of full disclosure, my husband and I are both physicians, and I do research in the field of physician-patient communication - so for us, communication is a very important aspect of medical care. Dr. Brezina has exceeded our expectations in this area, and for this we are very grateful to him.
I am embarrassed that I know few details; I made an intentional choice to remove myself from these details, because I worried that I would try to micromanage my own medical care in the context of my medical degree, while having zero actual expertise in RI. But this is what I remember. We had a failed IVF with a prior doctor, which was a truly horrific experience. When we switched to Dr. Brezina, we decided to start with an IUI. However, when my husband gave the sperm sample right before the procedure, we learned that his sperm had no motility, which was attributed to cross-linking of the tails secondary to an anti-sperm antibody (based on gross microscopy assessment). We went ahead and did the IUI procedure anyway, since we had already paid for it and I had already done the whole hormonal prep - but it was a failure, unsurprisingly. We then did an IVF (ICSI), and we opted to do a frozen cycle, because this would allow for higher doses of hormones in an effort to get more embryos to freeze (this decision was based off the fact that we had fewer eggs than expected retrieved during the first IVF cycle). They had expected to retrieve 15-20 eggs, but we ended up only with 9. We had 5 that fertilized, and only 2 that matured to 5-day embryos and were frozen. Dr. Brezina strongly advises using 5-day embryos, and we agree with his rationale for a variety of reasons. The first frozen transfer resulted in a chemical miscarriage. The second frozen transfer ended up splitting into 2 embryos (seriously, what are the odds?! Actually, I know that the odds are <<1%...it was an extremely rare event). I had an intrauterine hemorrhage at around 6 weeks, and we lost 1 of the twins, which was heartbreaking. But we were so blessed with the birth of our daughter in 2016, after years of trying to conceive. We are now hoping to do another IVF cycle next month. Unfortunately, my repeat labs show decreasing ovarian reserve, so there is urgency to proceed with this cycle, as well as poorer odds of success projected...but we are still trying to be hopeful. We are planning to do another frozen cycle, followed by transfer.
We have had mixed experiences with Dr. Brezina's nursing staff. Some have been organized, kind, and competent, and others have been quite the opposite. We caught a number of errors in several of the nurses' instructions to us (e.g., doses, protocols for administration of medications, when to schedule visits, etc), which resulted in fracturing of our trust in the overall nursing staff. However, I will say that, when we shared these experiences with Dr. Brezina, he was incredibly receptive to constructive feedback and he took it very seriously. Our comments were discussed with all of the physicians and nurses in the clinic, with policies implemented in an effort to improve the system. So I give Dr. Brezina a lot of credit for his proactive efforts to identify issues and improve the overall care provided by the practice.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
I think the clinic itself is lovely, in terms of its aesthetics. It runs relatively smoothly, and we rarely wait for long periods of time. The layout is convenient, so that you can easily go from clinic room to US room to labs, which are all close together in the same space. The front desk staff are hit or miss - some are terrific, and some come across as disorganized and disengaged.
This is a painful topic...I have tried to block it out. When we did our first IVF cycle, although it was a horrible experience, it was largely paid for by insurance because we lived in a state in which IVF was mandated for coverage. In our current state, however, IVF is not covered at all by insurance. So we have done IUI, a frozen IVF cycle (retrieval), ICSI x5 embryos, storing 2 embryos, and 2 frozen transfers, all out of pocket. I honestly don't know exactly how much that all cost...probably $25,000. Possibly more. And are about to do it all again, which is a huge financial burden that we cannot afford, since we have a total of ~$500,000 in student loans between my and my husband's medical training. Thankfully, my parents are so kind and are helping us, otherwise it wouldn't be possible.
Dr. Brezina is supportive of single or double embryo transfer, but he recommends eSET. I am a pediatrician, and I have years of experience caring for preterm infants in the NICU, which has significantly informed my preference for eSET. As much as I would so so love to have twins, I do not think I could live with a decision that increases the risk of premature delivery and its associated morbidity and mortality risks.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr. Brezina was amazing he helped calm our nerves immediately. He shared that he also went through IVF with his wife and showed that he knew the road we were on. He explained everything in ways we understood and was happy to answer. All of our questions. He asked multiple times if we had any questions during our initial visit and made sure that we understood the things we were told.... was very supportive of our case and very enthusiastic about our chances.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Go in ready to answer all questions. He will ask several about your past experiences and you should be prepared for the next steps as he wants to know what you are looking for.
He was awesome. He came in and was very helpful. He made sure all of our questions were answered and that we understood everything he said. He shared that he and his wife also had to do IVF and was very supportive of our case and very enthusiastic about our chances.
The nursing staff was so friendly and compassionate. I am a nurse and know how hard it can be to always have a smile on your face but you can tell this staff loves there jobs. They were awesome.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The clinic was very quiet and peaceful. The only complaint we had about going to the clinic is that we were not informed at the time we booked the visit that the fee of the consult would be $300 expected to be paid before the visit. This was not a problem for us but for many families I feel this is something that you should know ahead of time.
The initial visit was $300 which was ok. The prices qouted to us by Dr. Brezina were around the national average and what we expected.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Brezina] is fair but thorough, and does not give you false hope. If something doesn't work the first time, he moves on to the next best option in order to get the results you want...He is fair, but he doesn't sugarcoat things. He is honest and wants to ultimately make there that you thoroughly understand everything going on with your treatment...fter years of depression and sadness from infertility, I feel like I am finally on my way to getting some answers and possibly adding to my family. I wouldn't use any other doctor.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
I was referred by a friend to see Dr. Brezina and couldn't be happier. After years of depression and sadness from infertility, I feel like I am finally on my way to getting some answers and possibly adding to my family. I wouldn't use any other doctor.
He is fair but thorough, and does not give you false hope. If something doesn't work the first time, he moves on to the next best option in order to get the results you want. Because my IUI failed, we will be pursuing IVF as it is unlikely that IUI will ever be successful because of endometriosis/unexplained infertility.
Because of unexplained infertility and suspected and endometriosis, first we proceed with caution, but with a sense of reality because we knew that there were other underlying an unknown causes accompanying the infertility. If the IUI did not work, we thoroughly discussed other options which included birth-control leading up to IVF and possible removal of endometriomas if indicated after three months of birth control. I am so glad that there is a specific plan lined up for me, he seems to be a great ally in getting the results that you want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
During my IUI cycle, Dawn could not have been more compassionate and encouraging or hopeful. She also made sure to go over specific numbers or values and what they mean in relation to your reproductive health as well as your partner's reproductive health. That really helps me to understand a large part of this process and have a calmer head on my shoulders.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
They have a long waiting list because they are popular and very good at what they do, but they do return phone calls in a timely manner, even after hour phone calls on the weekend if you have an emergency. No question is too dumb for any of the staff, I really love their supportive manner. I would not go anywhere else.
My IUI cycle was about $600, but now because we know IUI will be unsuccessful and we are pursuing IVF, there is no telling how much that will cost, and I do not want to be hit with sticker shock.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I have not found any weaknesses yet [with Dr. Paul Brezina] . He personally called me during my treatments and made sure everything was going ok and just to wish me luck. He always made sure we understood everything that we needed and asked if we had questions multiple times. He never rushed us through anything and would even give us advice on where to eat lunch after appointments. He was very personable and I always felt as if I was the only patient he was treating.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Dr. Brezina is very relatable because he himself has twins that were conceived via ivf. He has a heart for what he does and I believe he truly cares about each patient. I have not found any weaknesses yet. He personally called me during my treatments and made sure everything was going ok and just to wish me luck. He always made sure we understood everything that we needed and asked if we had questions multiple times. He never rushed us through anything and would even give us advice on where to eat lunch after appointments. He was very personable and I always felt as if I was the only patient he was treating.
Be open with him, ask him questions. He wants to help you, you just have to let him.
Dr. Brezina was so nice. I felt like I was family. He never rushed me through anything, he always made sure we understood everything that was going to be happening and went over it in detail. He was kind and understanding to any of my concerns and even once when I mentioned adoption he told me to go home and pray about it before we started our journey. It was very comforting to know he would support us whichever road we choose. He also personally called to check on me during my treatments, which I did not expect.
I did IVF. I used menopur (75 units) in the morning follistim 225 units at night. I later added ganirellix. I triggered with pregnyl and lupron. We never changed any of my protocol, they said I was exactly where I was expected to be. I took a total of 26 shots, not too bad! I produced only half the amount of eggs (like 10ish) of a person my age should (I am 27) so he tried to be aggressive with the treatment and get as many eggs as possible. They were very happy with my results as they far exceeded what they thought. They retrieved 9 eggs and I have 4 embryos that wre frozen right now. My embryos are all a grade except 1 is b. I was very pleased with my results, I am just now awaiting my FET cycle to start where I will take estradiol and crinone
The nursing staff was great. They always took such great care of me and answered any questions we had in a very timely manner
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic is awesome. I have nothing bad to say about it. I only once had to wait over 10 minutes for any of my appointments. They are organized and do not overbook. They see you fast but you are never rushed. You are very taken care of.
You had to go in for monitoring appointments at the beginning of each morning, at 730. I live 2 hours away so this was sometimes inconvenient but the clinic was great about it. They didn't rush you through, you were saw within a timely manner and if you wanted to take a little longer during your ultrasound and ask questions then you definitely could. I would recommend this clinic and its abilities to anyone.
It was approx 11 thousand dollars so far.
2013 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
He [Dr. Paul Brezina] spends so much time with you at each visit. Explains everything with so many statistics and is very impressive overall. He and his wife have 2 children via IVF as well. He is compassionate and smart which is important to me with such an emotional process.... He has a wonderful caring bedside manner and is also very intelligent and well read on infertility and new studies
2013 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
He spends so much time with you at each visit. Explains everything with so many statistics and is very impressive overall. He and his wife have 2 children via IVF as well. He is compassionate and smart which is important to me with such an emotional process.
Ask questions and be prepared for honest answers
We tried clomid and femara with IUIs. I had no response with femara and had to cancel that cycle. With IVF the first time, I did Follistim and Ganirelix. Hyper stimulated so froze the embryos and did 3 FETs total. My first resulted in an unexplained missed miscarriage of twins, boy and girl, both chromosomally normal. 2nd resulted in my daughter and a twin lost at 8 weeks. 3rd resulted in a chemical. We went through egg retrieval again, did PGS, and transferred one and I miscarried at 9 weeks.
Good
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Weakness in communication of cost; office manager previously lacked bedside manner but this appears to be better now. Cost in general is just not consistently discussed. Or at least it wasn’t several years ago. So far, we have had no issues since we started back so may be improved now
I think $14k total for IVF; it was closer to $20k with PGS
He is very hesitant to transfer more than one embryo. We did initially bc ours were not tested. However tested with our 2nd retrieval and are transferring one at a time.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
He [Dr. Paul Brezina] explained until we understood and were comfortable, called to follow up after procedures and check up on us, and maintained a personal and approachable relationship from day 1...I can not say enough good things... He’s super smart and has a full understanding of everything on the medical side but he also knows what it’s like on the personal so he understands the emotions, the heartache, the breakdowns in a way that can’t be taught from a book. He gets it and it’s obvious.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Brezina. We have recommended him to 4 different friends who were seeing other doctors that they weren’t happy with and each and everyone of them has gone to him and come away with the same feelings as us. He’s super smart and has a full understanding of everything on the medical side but he also knows what it’s like on the personal so he understands the emotions, the heartache, the breakdowns in a way that can’t be taught from a book. He gets it and it’s obvious.
Go. Go see. Go talk to him and I promise you’ll leave better informed than you were. You’ll know you’ve been heard by someone that cares and that will do everything within their capabilities to help you and you’ll know you’re not alone.
He explained until we understood and were comfortable, called to follow up after procedures and check up on us, and maintained a personal and approachable relationship from day 1.
Unfortunately I don’t really remember but I do remember it being laid out, explained, and agreed to at the time.
They were all nice and competent but didn’t form a strong connection with any one in particular.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
I would love to list a weakness or two because I think those can be more helpful than positives and and a weakness or two doesn’t mean a place is bad overall but I personally can’t think of anything. They are competent, caring, and personable.
In and out within 30 minutes almost all mornings.
I’m thinkinh it was around $15,000 per round including meds
Memphis
Dr Brezina was very open and upfront about everything. He went through all of our test results and options thoroughly and let us take our time in deciding things. He checked on us after every IUI to wish us luck...Dr. Brezina was very open and honest with everything. He's compassionate about what he does and his patients. He has dealt with infertility himself and that makes so much difference in the care he gives. He truly understand what his patients are going through...
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
Ask questions! If you aren't comfortable with something, tell him.
We only did 4 IUI'S with Dr. Brezina. I took femara days 3-7 and an Ovidrel trigger the day before IUI. We did a mid cycle ultrasound to measure follicle size and count. Our next step was IVF but we stopped treatment.
The nursing staff varied greatly from visit to visit. At first, they were wonderful but after the first few visits they seemed more interested in getting done quickly than providing compassionate care. I also had a hard time getting the nurses to listen to my concerns when I called the office, which even caused one IUI to be done too late, missing ovulation by a day or two.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
The clinic is very nicely set up and organized. I rarely had to wait longer than 30 minutes, although once I did have to wait 2 hours for an IUI to be done. The receptionists were very nice and helpful.
I was lucky enough to have insurance coverage for my treatments. With insurance my oop was about $500 for each IUI, including meds.
Anovulation, Male Factor
He [Dr Brezina] fought for us when an associate felt we should be canceled. His determination and follow through resulted in my beautiful son. I can say with certainty that, had my experience not resulted in a live birth, I would know he did everything medically possible.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Paul Brezina at Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates?
He fought for us when an associate felt we should be canceled. His determination and follow through resulted in my beautiful son. I can say with certainty that, had my experience not resulted in a live birth, I would know he did everything medically possible.
Be prepared for appointments. He is busy and explains things in technical terms. Know as much as you can going in.
He looks you in the eye and gives frank, honest answers. He did not sugar coat anything. We knew the likelihood of a successful ivf cycle was low for us.
He extended my injection cycle further than recommended because I was so close to achieving the milestone. He pushed for a few extra days, and because he did, we had success. I was ill and exhausted, but I trusted him.
There was turnover in the nursing staff. The phlebotomist and ultrasound techs were fantastic, though.
Describe your experience with Kutteh Ke Fertility Associates.
Overall, the staff was friendly. We had a few hiccups, but when it was brought to the doctor's attention, it was resolved. Very friendly front desk, ultrasound and techs.
Around 25k