Nurse available by email
ResidencyBeth Israel
FellowshipMed Col of Georgia
2425 W 22nd St
Oakbrook, IL 60611
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Dmowski to a friend?

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Medicine Institute to a friend?
2015 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Dmowski has a very caring bedside manner. He takes his time in consultations, allowed my spouse and I to ask questions. ... After all of the initial testing was completed we sat down with him again and found out we had male and female factor infertility. ... Regardless he was positive and had a plan set out immediately as timing was important in my case because of my diminished ovarian reserve and male factor infertility. When 2 IUI cycles did not work he did not hesitate to move on to IVF. We did a fresh IVF cycle that failed and then a frozen cycle where I had my baby girl. We were in the process now again and it has not been positive results, but nothing has changed about Dr. Dmowski, he will always be our go to docotor.
Strengths [of Repro Med Inst]: always polite, always answer the phone, always smiling. They will do whatever they need to do to make sure insurance is accepted. ... Sabah was always there for me, understood how bad my anxiety could get even before our miscarriage. She called me several times just to check on me and to see how I was doing. So she always did more than what was required. She is very compassionate and caring. I trust her very much and hope to continue working with her when we can try IVF again.
2015 - 2020
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Dwmoski first off has been in the field of infertility longer than most. He is extremely knowledgeable. He is polite, compassionate, honest, and trustworthy. Our first consult he spent his time getting to know us and our lives and history. After all of the initial testing was completed we sat down with him again and found out we had male and female factor infertility. He explained our chances of conceiving on our own and with IUI & IVF (both low). Regardless he was positive and had a plan set out immediately as timing was important in my case because of my diminished ovarian reserve and male factor infertility. When 2 IUI cycles did not work he did not hesitate to move on to IVF. We did a fresh IVF cycle that failed and then a frozen cycle where I had my baby girl. We were in the process now again and it has not been positive results, but nothing has changed about Dr. Dmowski, he will always be our go to docotor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Listen to him. He knows what he is doing. His experience is above and beyond. He may have different opinions than other doctors but he has been doing this for longer than many.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Dr. Dmowski has a very caring bedside manner. He takes his time in consultations, allowed my spouse and I to ask questions. He gave us all of the information even our chances of becoming pregnant or miscarrying again ect. He always remembers person information about us, asks for pictures of a our daughter. Is alway up to date with out fertility status and knows every detail. He is a pioneer in the infertility world. He Asks our opinion before he gives his. We absolutely love him trust him and would never go anywhere else.
Describe the protocols Paul Dmowski used in your cycles at Reproductive Medicine Institute and their degree of success.
First we did two IUI cycles that were unsucessful. Then fresh IVF with IV meds (gonadotropins I believe) I think this included lupron, menopur & follistim and a medication for HCG trigger. With the first frozen cycle we used birth control first, then blood work, then I think estrogen injections (the patches did not work in fresh cycle) and progesterone injections. There may be one medication I missed With all transfers I used doxycycline to prevent infection and prenatal vitamins. Then valium, toradol and doxycycline day of IVF transfer (successful). The last IV transfer (2019) used same protocols doxy, valium (day of) estrogen & progesterone which unfortunately resulted in a miscarriage. Our next cycle was cancelled as a had a virus, and the following was cancelled because of COVID.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sabah)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
Strengths: always polite, always answer the phone, always smiling. They will do whatever they need to do to make sure insurance is accepted. The check in process, i never waited for more than 10 minutes ever! I cant think of one weakness I'm sorry. They just updated the clinic its a pretty calm, private office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
With my first fresh IVF cycle my insurance covered almost everything once I hit deductible (which was around $1000) my insurance would not over all meds which was the biggest issue but the Doctor tried medications that were covered or affordable first to try to help. Nurses also offered samples. For our successful frozen cycle our deductible was met medications were covered so barely paid anything. For our last frozen IVF with miscarriage with new insurance we paid $1,200 for everything. For the following frozen cycle there was a one time $800 payment due after insurance. Meds were free, but cycle got cancelled. At the end of the day what we ended up paying the most for was medications that were not covered by insurance after alternatives did not work. So we had to pay out of pocket for those which ended up being close to $15,000. Again this was insurance not the doctor or clinics fault.
Describe Paul Dmowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
We always followed his opinion but he listened. He thought trying one embryo for the first fresh IVF cycle was a good choice as we did not know if I would be successful or not and I was at a younger age. When that cycle did not work we tried two for our first frozen cycle and had our baby girl. For the next frozen cycle we implanted to and got pregnant with one that ended in miscarriage.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute.

I enjoyed Dr. Dmowski as my doctor. He has an incredible amount of experience in his field. He is more than happy to share his knowledge and make it understandable. He is very sincere, but also has a sense of humor. He is a caring and compassionate physician.... If you are looking for a lot of sugarcoating and hand holding, he probably isn't the doctor for you. If you want a doctor that gives it to you straight and uses his experience to get you pregnant without any mishaps, he is your man.
I feel they [Repro Med Inst] monitor patients very well. The phlebotomist in the office is friendly, kind and a pro at taking blood. The ofice is very clean. The nurse needed to improve with communication both written and spoken.... I had an issue with being given my AMH result from last year instead of the current year. Nurse did call back and apologize and give the current result, but this did bother me and prompt me to ask for printed results and/or results loaded to portal, so I could see my results and know what they are.
How was your experience with Paul Dmowski at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
The doctor gave me information and wanted to answer any questions I had. Doctor also respected and found value in the knowledge O had already. It was important to him that I understood my situation and treatment.
Protocol was birth control, Lupron, Follistim and menopur. HCG trigger. Doxycycline. Intramuscular delestrogen and progesterone. Used ICSI for severe MFI. We ended up with 4 good quality blasts. One fresh transfer ended in negative beta. One frozen transfer resulted in positive beta.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Medicine Institute. (Assigned nurse: Sabah Burki)
My nurse was not a great communicator. I had to clarify things quite a bit. She implied I made things very confusing. The lack of clarity and mistakes is what caused me to have to reach out to get info corrected or clarified. Instructions should be correct and clear.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Medicine Institute.
I feel they monitor patients very well. The phlebotomist in the office is friendly, kind and a pro at taking blood. The ofice is very clean. The nurse needed to improve with communication both written and spoken.
My insurance covered most of my stimulation, egg retrieval and fresh transfer. When my insurance benefits ran out I paid $5,000 for a complete FET cycle with monitoring and transfer.
Doctor advised he would not transfer more than 2. He educated me on the pros and cons of both and respected my decision to transfer 2.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Medicine Institute.
+ Read more- Read less