Medical SchoolEmory
Tacoma
3209 S 23rd St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Dudley to a friend?

5.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2017 - 2019
Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach. ... Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. ... He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. He answers all of our questions and even draws simple diagrams to explain how different procedures work with my body. He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic. I trust his ability as a fertility specialist at Seattle Reproductive medicine. He is also timely and rarely is late for an appointment. I like having our conversations in his office rather than a sterile procedure room.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared for honesty. But in a compassionate way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I’ve been struggling with painful heavy periods and was recently diagnosed with severe anemia caused by adenomyosis. He said he did not wish this condition on his worst enemy. I felt validated, like my symptoms were not in my head. We are moving forward with IVF and he even passed my name on for an IVF study to hopefully be a part of. I felt that I was listened to and my concerns were valued.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Started with letrazole on day three and took until day five. Went in for ultrasound. Follicles looked good each time. Returned the next day for insemination. Did this protocol three times. All Three rounds I did a trigger shot. I think gonal f. All looked good on paper, it just didn’t take. We were prepared for that to happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I have had to email Lindsay several times to get my medical records organized. She responded to each of my emails incredibly promptly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. Probably just due to the fact that each person is on their own journey and it’s just a weird place to be. They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very expensive. We have had to put our IVF on hold to try to figure out how to pay for it. Some procedures were covered by insurance.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are about to start IVF Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Our over-all experience with Dr. Dudley was positive. He's warm, easy to talk to, and positive. He reviewed our records and thought that we could start off by trying IUI and an HSG. During our first visit, we felt no sales pressure to use him or SRM, which was really nice. I saw Dr. Dudley only two times after our initial appointment during three rounds of IUI and an HSG. This might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with thyroid, TSH, and thyroid meds, but here it goes: Dr. Dudley wanted me to drop my thyroid medication dosage because he felt that it was too strong for me. That resulted in my TSH going too high. When I asked for my original prescription dosage from the nurse, she said I shouldn't be on that dosage because it was too strong for me. That left my TSH too high. My endocrinologist, who primarily manages my thyroid, saw that my numbers weren't right and adjusted me back to a higher dose than Dr. Dudley prescribed which lowered my TSH to a good range for pregnancy. My endocrinologist wants the numbers in a good range before conception, so I decided to follow her prescription.
He's a great doctor. You won't feel any pressure from him, so go for it! Manage your thyroid levels with your own endocrinologist.
Dr. Dudley is very easy going, is great at explaining things, and keeps a light-heartedness to something that could be very stressful. I didn't feel pressured to do anything or take on treatments I didn't whole-heartedly want.
After an all-clear HSG, we did 3 IUIs. The first IUI was with .25 Letrozole during the first half of my cycle then a trigger shot after an ultrasound to look at follicle size and lining thickness. For the second IUI, they stepped up the original protocol with a day-9 Gonal-F trigger shot and progesterone capsules taken vaginally after the insemination. That resulted in two nice looking follicles but no positive pregnancy test. For the third IUI, we followed the same protocol. BFN. The one thing that bothered me about this clinic is that they only want you to do home pregnancy tests — no blood beta. This was a bit unnerving because taking progesterone vaginally can delay your period but you are supposed to stop taking them if you have a negative home pregnancy test. I'd be left without a period for a few days thinking that maybe the home pregnancy test didn't work or maybe I was one of those women who did produce enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. My fear was that somehow I was pregnant and because I stopped taking the progesterone, I would miscarry. I felt like a simple blood test would've given me peace of mind and less stress. I would've happily paid the extra money to do this.
Lindsay was great dealing with my neurotic emails. A lot of the nursing staff was nice and seemed perfectly capable of performing the procedures; it didn't seem like that big of a deal that they weren't with my doctor. Some of the nursing staff was friendlier and more experienced than others, though. For instance, the nurse who did my first IUI insemination couldn't get the speculum inserted properly and took about 5 jabs at my vaginal canal before getting it in. Ouch! :(
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The main offices are beautiful, but parking can be tricky. There is a paid parking garage underneath building, but you can sometimes find street parking — especially on the weekends. They are open almost every day of the year and are pretty responsive. I was also very impressed with how quickly they got me into appointments. I waited for 25 minutes one time and the receptionist apologized and gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience. I feel like they do really value their patients' time and everyone is very respectful and kind.
An IUI cycle was $600-800 — not including medication.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Dudley had a great balance of being straightforward and realistic, while also being very optimistic and positive. We always left realizing that while we had a long road to go, but also feeling that we would get pregnant. He would tell us his personal opinion on what he would do and why, but always empowered us to make the decisions.... We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF.
PCOS, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions!
With Dr. Dudley, we felt important-we never felt rushed, and we felt genuine care. Some of the nurses less so, but with Dr. Dudley we definitely felt human, and not like we were just a number.
We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI, the embryos were left to develop for 5 days and then all embryos were frozen. Dr. Dudley performed my egg retrieval. I then had a frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo) that another dr. performed. It resulted in a negative. We transferred another frozen embryo (1 again), and it resulted in a pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We soon realized that we had to know our stuff with the nurse we were assigned to. So we did tons of research. She would assume we knew everything, but this was our first time doing IVF. Things like what you should and shouldn't do, for example. We felt like she was a necessary requirement of the clinic, but didn't really provide us with support. We did that on our own-luckily we loved our dr so we stayed.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.). It's painful to deal with them.
We were lucky and our insurance covered our treatments up to a certain amount. We had co-pays still so it was still pricey, but we were covered. We used up our $15,000 benefit, and probably paid $5-8,000 out of pocket for all of our treatments and drugs.
He feels strongly about eSET, but is willing to transfer two if that's your preference.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr Dudley always seemed like he was in a rush. He also wasn't willing to think outside the box. He had his standard protocol. He wasn't open to or wasn't able to customize to my situation.... Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment.... He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying."
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment. Also, he was overly confident. He said I had "above average fertility for someone my age." Yet, after 3 IVF cycles, and more than 70 eggs retrieved, he couldn't get me pregnant. He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying." He also discouraged me from going to other clinics because he said that "all labs are basically the same." I have since learned that this is not the case. I liked Dr Dudley a lot until I had disappointing results.
I would choose a different dr at SRM.
I did the antagonist cycle for a freeze all. Then I did long lupron for fresh transfer. Then (after poor results from fresh transfer), I did antagonist again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Kimmy was excellent--available, compassionate, caring, responsive, organized, etc. When I switched to a different dr at SRM, I asked to stay with Kimmy (which I did.)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic in Oregon.
Approx 14K per IVF cycle $3500 for FET
Dr Dudley is a fan of eSET..which I am too

2010 - 2011
I felt listened to and respected [by Dr. Dudley] for my choice to be a single mother by choice...Honestly, I don't really remember much about Dr. Dudley other than it was a positive experience. I always felt listened to and respected. I did not have any fertility issues. I had IUI, and I became pregnant on the 3rd attempt....My experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine was very positive. I did not have any negative experiences whatsoever...I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt listened to and respected for my choice to be a single mother by choice.
I did not have any fertility issues, I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice. However, I was 36 years old so there was a possibility that I might not get pregnant right away. It was explained that it might take about 6 attempts and that we would do 3 attempts before using any hormones or other interventions. I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI attempt without any need for any interventions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I went through Seattle Reproductive Clinic to become a single mother by choice in 2010. At that time, I had to go to 3 different locations for services including Bellevue, Seattle and Tacoma. I lived in Tacoma so it was a hassle to have to go to the other clinics for services that were not available in Tacoma at that time. However, since that time, things may have changed. The initial interview and the evaluation with the psychologist (?) was in Bellevue. I had to go to Seattle for the insemination. I had check ups at Tacoma. They were great at organizing and scheduling everything I needed to do, and the experience was very positive and respectful throughout out.
I don't recall exactly the costs as it was 6 years ago, but I believe I paid about $1,000 for testing and then about $350 per IUI. I became pregnant on my 3rd IUI

2012 - 2018
I had a horrible experience with my first IUI. The Clomid made me develop too large this. My husband rushed me to the ER and I stayed at the hospital by my house for 7 Days. Dr Dudley and his nurse both called my husband several times a day everyday to check on me. He was very concerned and want to make sure that I was receiving the best care possible since he did not have Hospital rights where I was staying.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have recommended Dr Dudley to at least half a dozen of my friends. Not only does he explain his treatment plan to you extremely clearly but he's also very compassionate. I have had other issues with my clinic as far as billing and appointments and have wanted to leave practice. I have never left though because I trust dr. Dudley completely and don't want to end my relationship with him.
If you want a dr that is completely candid with you and be extremely detailed with his explanations than dr. Dudley is perfect for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie )
I can not say enough good things about Lexie. I have been with her for so long, that I not can talk to her like a friend. She is SO smart and knowledgeable with her work, but she is so compassionate and relatable to. I just love her!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first IVF cycle went very smoothly ever my second one has been completely horrible. I've had appointments moved or scheduled at different times and I was told I have had the wrong blood work drawn and they've even had the wrong medications sent to me.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Dudley is an absolutely amazing doctor. He took the time to understand my concerns, was very compassionate, and was easy to talk to....I had 4 IUI cycles with Dr. Dudley. The first was femara+an injectable for one day. That resulted in a miscarriage. The next two were the same protocol but did not result in pregnancies possibly because sperm counts were low. The fourth attempt was injectable only with a new sperm donor and resulted in a live birth.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Dudley is extremely compassionate and caring.
I felt like information wasn't always passed onto Dr. Dudley.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The people drawing blood weren't always friendly, and some of the nursing staff wasn't always the nicest. Others were amazing.
I am not sure. It was covered by insurance.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Dudley has a very kind bedside manner, he will answer any questions or concerns you have. He was very candid with me when providing my options, which enabled me to choose donor eggs. He was honest and forthright with all information, but delivered it in a compassionate manner...Dr Dudley was very kind and explained any questions I had. He also was very available for questions or concerns...
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go see him, he's very knowledgeable and informed on all of the latest information and techniques.
One mini-stim using low doses of Letrozole and Follistim with Ganirelix (as I had left over from my earlier clinic). One donor cycle with Lupron, Progesterone in Oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
All of the nursing staff was very responsive on all questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is a large clinic and all of the staff I interacted with was kind, compassionate and helpful.
approximately $12,000 excluding meds for mini-stim IVF cycle approximately $28,000 excluding meds for a frozen donor egg cycle.

2010 - 2011
Dr Dudley was easy to speak to and he was able to very clearly articulate our chances and likelihood of success. He was also very open to my asking pointed questions. I felt he treated me like an equal in my treatment and that he appreciated that I had a scientific background....Prior to IVF, Dr Dudley performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriosis. He was supportive of my attempting to TTC after surgery before attempting more aggressive treatment.
2010 - 2011
It was my first IVF and at the time I had no diminished ovarian reserve, so I was started on a standard long lupron protocol. I think that was the approach any clinic would have taken. Prior to IVF, Dr Dudley performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriosis. He was supportive of my attempting to TTC after surgery before attempting more aggressive treatment.
Large and efficient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring was an efficient well oiled machine. There were Plante of ultrasound techs and phelbotamists that I never had to wait long
I purchased a multi cycle plan which was about 23,000 for 2 cycle fresh, 2 cycles frozen with icsi