Available by cell phone
FellowshipBaylor
1505 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Dudley to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Strengths - convenient location [SRM], great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley has been extremely thorough. He adjusts his education to our needs and questions; sometimes drawing great charts & diagrams, and other times just talking. He always spends a lot of time with us and he seems to really reference the research, which we, as scientists, appreciate. He weighs the pros and cons of each treatment and gives us sound advice. He is very much of a "western medicine" mindset but is open to other treatment options (e.g. acupuncture); he is really candid and detailed but sometimes talks quickly so it's important to ask specific questions and to repeat them as needed. He communicates clearly to his nurses and they have an understanding of the plan moving forward. We also advocated for him to do some of our US and procedures as we got more thorough answers to our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Be yourself and ask every single question you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley spent so much time getting to know my husband and I. He wanted to know our interests and about our relationship and these were his first questions (rather than our medical history). By meeting in his office, overlooking the lake, it was a much more comfortable setting to converse compared to a medical exam/treatment room. He also shared about his interests and backgrounds and found common interests so we feel like we've gotten to know him too.
Describe the protocols Paul Dudley used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole - less side effects with Letrozole, more tolerable and you get a better response. IUI because of our infertility factors - the combination still placed us at higher chances of IUI working. Did this for 2 cycles because of my response and then added Menopur to last IUI cycle to increase the follicle production because didn't have as good of a response as he had hoped. None of these IUI cycles produced a pregnancy so our next step is IVF - rationale being that we are good candidates and have the potential for a positive response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tanya)
Tanya is super thorough, responds to emails within hours, and always sends detailed calendars and explanations of next steps. If she doesn't know the answer to something, she asks our doctor and usually gets back to us within the same day.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - convenient location, great team of doctors, very timely in their communication, cheaper than some other clinics, very professional and ethical (e.g. very mindful about personal information down to how you check in), very thorough providers and nurses, returns calls quickly, easy to schedule appointments Weaknesses - most of the care (e.g. IUI's) is provided by the nurses or someone other than your primary doctor; your doctor makes all the decisions and is who you have follow up appointments with but isn't always the one doing the procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Each IUI cycle was $650 with fresh sperm. IVF ranges from $13,000-$20,000 without medications.
Describe Paul Dudley's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We are still discussing this but his rationale for a single embryo transfer is that he'd rather us have one healthy child than be a high risk pregnancy with multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Because he [Dr. Paul Dudley] couldn't identify anything that stood out as a cause for infertility, he had us do IUIs. We ended up doing 3 non-medicated IUIs (just with Letrozole and Ovidrel) and 1 medicated IUI (with Letrozole, Ovidrel, Menopur, and Prometrium)...Very little contact with the doctor himself - only one direct consultation with him, and it was very to-the-point. I did appreciate his directness though...isn't the warmest person, but he is knowledgeable and recognized our health concerns and was quick to be reassuring. It would have been nice to have had a bit more contact (just one consultation, no phone calls/emails), but I understand he may be more likely to focus direct contact on IVF patients or patients with more complications.
I've had a couple prescriptions go awry [from Seattle Reproductive Medicine] - either they weren't called in, or the doses called in were incorrect. For the latter, the pharmacist noticed the mistake and worked it out with the clinic...The total amount I've paid out of pocket for 3 non-medicated IUIs and 1 medicated IUI has been approximately $3,000. IUIs themselves are $650 (with a fresh sample). The new patient consult was $250 but it was covered by my insurance. Ultrasounds were $175 but most of that was covered by my insurance.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley isn't the warmest person, but he is knowledgeable and recognized our health concerns and was quick to be reassuring. It would have been nice to have had a bit more contact (just one consultation, no phone calls/emails), but I understand he may be more likely to focus direct contact on IVF patients or patients with more complications.
Don't expect a shoulder to cry on, but you will have a knowledgeable doctor who can clearly explain what to expect out of the process.
Because he couldn't identify anything that stood out as a cause for infertility, he had us do IUIs. We ended up doing 3 non-medicated IUIs (just with Letrozole and Ovidrel) and 1 medicated IUI (with Letrozole, Ovidrel, Menopur, and Prometrium). The medicated IUI was because he thought I had responded well during the non-medicated IUIs, I just wasn't successful in getting pregnant. Still waiting on results from the 4th IUI.
I think my nurse was very young and somewhat inexperienced, and I think that showed a bit. She was very compassionate and very quick to respond to emails, but sometimes I felt she hadn't really read or understood my questions. She was great at being reassuring when I was feeling down, and would call to check up on me, which was unexpected but appreciated.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They are responsive and approachable. All of the people I've come into contact with have been quick to get back to me or give me answers. They offered a free 6-week support group which was hugely helpful, and I'm still in regular contact with the other women in my group, which has been an amazing support.
Unknown.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Dudley has always taken extra time to listen to our story, answer questions and personally deliver results. He is incredibly caring and compassionate and you can tell that he always puts his patients first...He has gone the extra mile to help us find answers to questions we have had for years. He has also gone out of his way to be at every appointment and performed my D&C when I had a miscarriage, even though he wasn’t scheduled to do surgery that day.
I had a couple labs mislabeled and and to have them re-drawn [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]. The MA went out of her way to make it right -she let me come during her lunch to re-draw and didn’t charge us...Beautiful clinic, well organized and welcoming. I like how they have windows looking out at Lake Union and a couple different waiting areas. The flow of the initial appointment seemed really well thought out -labs were drawn, the MA helped us set up our portal account, we met with the doctor ON TIME and then ended with a financial counselor consultation.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is incredibly knowledgeable and caring. He has gone the extra mile to help us find answers to questions we have had for years. He has also gone out of his way to be at every appointment and performed my D&C when I had a miscarriage, even though he wasn’t scheduled to do surgery that day. He has called me personally to deliver results and has made both my husband and I feel hopeful in some very challenging times. I would choose Dr. Dudley every time and feel so fortunate that we have been under his care.
Be on time for appointments. He is very good at running right on time (huge bonus!).
We initially saw Dr. Dudley to undergo testing for repeat miscarriages. He ran all the pertinent labs, had us complete chromosomal and genetic testing and performed a hysteroscopy to r/o any uterine scarring due to repeat D&Cs and a c-section. We ended up getting pregnant just before we started interventions to get pregnant. Unfortunately, we lost our baby at 10 weeks. The silver lining - we had the best care we could have asked for and have gotten answers to why we lost our most recent child. Because of this, we still feel hopeful that we can conceive again and will definitely be continue working with Dr. Dudley through the rest of our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
We haven’t had much interaction face-to-face but she has been great at answering our questions through the portal and has helped direct our care in the most seemless wat possible.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Beautiful clinic, well organized and welcoming. I like how they have windows looking out at Lake Union and a couple different waiting areas. The flow of the initial appointment seemed really well thought out -labs were drawn, the MA helped us set up our portal account, we met with the doctor ON TIME and then ended with a financial counselor consultation. I really appreciated that money was discussed, especially given the expense of fertility treatment. All in all, no complaints.
Between our labs, tests and different procedures, we have already met our out of pocket maximum (>$5,000)

2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
[Dr. Dudley was] kind and caring from our first appointment. He explained everything that would happen in my exam and checked in repeatedly during the exam. He asked lots of questions to gauge where we had been and what we had already been through before telling us what he thought we would find in the exam...He has always told us exactly what to expect from our appointments and what numbers he was looking for with our IVF cycles. When I once raised concerns about medications I was taking in relation to how many eggs we would go through surgery for, he took my case to the panel of doctors at SRM and they all discussed my concerns.
Lindsey [nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] is truly wonderful and I have felt her compassion since day one. She is also a stellar communicator...I went in for monitoring during the morning of my scheduled day. It never felt too rushed. They were always kind and thorough...My experience has always been positive... The re-design of the office space is more conducive to being left with your thoughts. It's so hard to be in the clinic due to the emotions running through you that this layout seems better suited to sitting without everyone looking you.
2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is amazing. He has always told us exactly what to expect from our appointments and what numbers he was looking for with our IVF cycles. When I once raised concerns about medications I was taking in relation to how many eggs we would go through surgery for, he took my case to the panel of doctors at SRM and they all discussed my concerns. He told me that if their opinion had been different from his, that his opinion would become that of the collective. His honesty in gaining other's perspectives put my mind at ease and we continued with our cycle. Every time we see Dr Dudley in the clinic, it's like greeting an old friend. He always stands to shake your hand before and after a meeting and his smile puts me at ease, even through many consecutive disappointments. I always felt he was truly fighting his hardest for us. Every cycle.
Make sure you get in to see him. I can't vouch for the other doctors - he is simply amazing.
Dr. Dudley is the best. So kind and caring from our first appointment. He explained everything that would happen in my exam and checked in repeatedly during the exam. He asked lots of questions to gauge where we had been and what we had already been through before telling us what he thought we would find in the exam. His diagnosis was confirmed in the exam and we went back to his office to discuss next steps. He was always encouraging and we both left that appointment feeling like we truly had an amazing doctor pulling for us.
We did 3 rounds of full IUI. None of them ever worked. Then 3 rounds of just Letrizole to satisfy insurance. Nothing. Moved on to IVF and did a maximum medication stimulation cycle with minimal results. We canceled the cycle. We then did two cycles in succession of minimum stimulation medication. Letrizole, Menopur and Gonal-F. Both cycles were fresh transfers with no results. The extra embryos we didn't transfer were also not good enough quality to freeze, so we lost everything from those two cycles. We took some time off and eventually went back for a third cycle - our last under insurance. We decided on a freeze all min-stim cycle as there was a polyp in my uterus. Dr. Dudley performed my retrieval and polypectomy surgery and it resulted in 4 embryos. We lost one, and froze 3. I began injectable as well as suppositories of progesterone before we went back to transfer 2 which Dr. Dudley performed. Both grew sacs but one never developed. I continued the progesterone injections and suppositories until 12 weeks.We had a live birth in March of 2016 with one more in the freezer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon Jackabowski)
Shannon and I never connected on the level that Dr. Dudley and I did. She was kind but I never felt a real compassion from her. My nurse now, Lindsey is truly wonderful and I have felt her compassion since day one. She is also a stellar communicator. Even when she is not in the office, I have always had wonderful nurses get my requests to Lindsey.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I have heard other doctors are not as wonderful. Some friends have had horrible experiences at SRM. My experience has always been positive, especially since hitching nurse coordinators. The re-design of the office space is more conducive to being left with your thoughts. It's so hard to be in the clinic due to the emotions running through you that this layout seems better suited to sitting without everyone looking you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our insurance covered 6 IUI cycles and 3 IVF at 90%. Everything else went onto our HSA card.
We discussed at length transferring more than 2 embryos but Dr. Dudley discussed with us the risks so we decided to transfer 2 on every transfer.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach. ... Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. ... He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic.
The clinic [SRM] is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. ... It’s very expensive. ... The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. ... They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is Kind and compassionate. He explains things so we can understand what is happening. He answers all of our questions and even draws simple diagrams to explain how different procedures work with my body. He is candid and will tell you the truth ina professional but realistic way. He works well with nurses, medical assistants and financial planners at the clinic. I trust his ability as a fertility specialist at Seattle Reproductive medicine. He is also timely and rarely is late for an appointment. I like having our conversations in his office rather than a sterile procedure room.
Be prepared for honesty. But in a compassionate way.
I’ve been struggling with painful heavy periods and was recently diagnosed with severe anemia caused by adenomyosis. He said he did not wish this condition on his worst enemy. I felt validated, like my symptoms were not in my head. We are moving forward with IVF and he even passed my name on for an IVF study to hopefully be a part of. I felt that I was listened to and my concerns were valued.
Started with letrazole on day three and took until day five. Went in for ultrasound. Follicles looked good each time. Returned the next day for insemination. Did this protocol three times. All Three rounds I did a trigger shot. I think gonal f. All looked good on paper, it just didn’t take. We were prepared for that to happen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I have had to email Lindsay several times to get my medical records organized. She responded to each of my emails incredibly promptly.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is big, spacious, clean, and there are a few clinics in the area, which makes it more convenient for scheduling. The blood draw area is not as private as I would like, but it’s not bad. The front desk receptionist is helpful, kind and keeps conversations private. It is a little strange in the waiting room. Probably just due to the fact that each person is on their own journey and it’s just a weird place to be. They have coffe, water, and tea available if neeeded. I’ve never had to wait long for my appointment and everything seems to generally be on time.
It’s very expensive. We have had to put our IVF on hold to try to figure out how to pay for it. Some procedures were covered by insurance.
Since we are about to start IVF Dr. Dudley mention the possibility of transferring two embryos because of the adenomyosis. I agree with this approach.

IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
I was confident in his [Dr. Paul Dudley's] care and never doubted that his recommended treatment plans were in my best interest...My IVF plan included a hysteroscopy and a hybrid IVF cycle, but I ended up conceiving naturally in a failed IUI cycle...took the time to understand my wishes, my family history, and the factors that led me to his care. I felt that we were on the same page about the urgency and approach of my treatment.
Scheduling [at SRM] is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss...When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit...She [nurse] had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
IUI, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is competent, caring, and realistic about his patient care. He gave me all of the facts and details that I wanted, and ensured that I understood all of my options and their associated success rates. He is cognizant of the fact that patients are going to spend a significant amount of money on their treatment, and so he recommends a treatment plan that he believes will work for you, and will also fall within your expected expenditures. As SRM's medical director, it's clear that he has clinical experience with all types of cases, and tailors his approach accordingly. I was confident in his care and never doubted that his recommended treatment plans were in my best interest.
Come with your questions, and Dr. Dudley will be able to address them to whatever level of detail you're comfortable with.
Dr. Dudley took the time to understand my wishes, my family history, and the factors that led me to his care. I felt that we were on the same page about the urgency and approach of my treatment.
I took 5 days of letrozole and 2 doses of menopur in preparation for an IUI. I also had an HSG. My IVF plan included a hysteroscopy and a hybrid IVF cycle, but I ended up conceiving naturally in a failed IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I had two nurses. My first nurse seemed flighty, but I didn't want to judge her for that. She had sufficient knowledge about IUI/IVF cycles, but deferred to the doctors when she was unsure. Most of the time, I reached out to her to initiate contact. She did not seem to understand the urgency or level of monitoring required with my care, with comments such as, "if we miss it, we'll just try again" which lack empathy for a patient's willingness to subject themselves to more drugs, expenses, and more time to conception. Unfortunately, her judgment is what led to the clinic missing my ovulation, and rather than an apology, I got a "we'll just try again next time". Following that failed IUI I requested a new nurse who seemed much more competent and aligned with my expectations of detailed treatment plans, next steps, and consistent communication.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Scheduling is great. Phlebotomists are hit or miss. My first blood draw took 3 MA's and 4 attempts. My next blood draws were by a different MA, and she got it on the first time everytime. When you request to see your nurse or a financial coordinator, they are always available, but you do need to request to see them after your appointment, it's not built in to every visit.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Paul Dudley] recommended a non aggressive approach starting off with IUI treatment, following the negative result we then started IVF treatments. Those were also negative...left that decision [Eset] ultimately up to me, However he did mention two or less would be ideal. I went with two embryo transfer...has always made me feel at ease while I went through treatment. He has great bedside manner, always answered all my questions. He took the time to explain the process of fertility treatments in detail.
[Seattle Reproductive Medicine] Provided great care, easy to work with for my schedule & always gave me information regarding cost and plan in advance so I had no surprises...The financial coordinator was very knowledgeable and forthcoming about cost and insurance information...Jessie my treatment coordinator / nurse was always on top of my treatment plan and always followed doctors recommendations to a T. She had great warmth and compassion for my situation
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley is very detailed in his explanations for recommended treatment. There was often I felt so frustrated and sad after not getting the results I was hoping for. I remember at one point breaking down in his office and he was always so great about comforting me and looking for the positives.
To be open and honest about things you are feeling and expecting out of treatment
Dr. Dudley has always made me feel at ease while I went through treatment. He has great bedside manner, always answered all my questions. He took the time to explain the process of fertility treatments in detail.
He recommended a non aggressive approach starting off with IUI treatment, following the negative result we then started IVF treatments. Those were also negative and I have not pursued any additional appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie Korenek)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Provided great care, easy to work with for my schedule & always gave me information regarding cost and plan in advance so I had no surprises. The staff always greeted me a smile and always made me feel welcome. The financial coordinator was very knowledgeable and forthcoming about cost and insurance information.
A round of IUI cost about $2500 that included medications I bought from an online pharmacy. IVF treatment was about $16500 that included medications as well. My monthly fee for embryo storage is $40 a month
Dr. Dudley left that decision ultimately up to me, However he did mention two or less would be ideal. I went with two embryo transfer.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Dr. Dudley was great at the first appointment and answered all of our questions....The initial consult was wonderful...I do sort of feel as if we were treated as a number at the clinic. I never saw him again after that initial visit or received an email, or phone call following our failed iuis. Communication was very low. I did not hear anything from Dr. Dudley himself until after I requested to have my file transferred to a new clinic...The initial consult was wonderful.
I definitely feel like my treatment protocol [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was very basic and was not tailored to me...All three iuis: Letrozole 5mg (2 a day, 5 days) Gonal F Ovidrel Trigger Shot...The nursing staff was good. I only saw Dr. Dudleys main nurse once on my last iui at SRM. She was very great, I liked her a lot. Very compassionate and understanding. Otherwise I saw someone different at every appointment...Prescriptions were sent to the wrong pharmacy.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Dudley was great at the first appointment and answered all of our questions. I do sort of feel as if we were treated as a number at the clinic. I never saw him again after that initial visit or received an email, or phone call following our failed iuis. Communication was very low. I did not hear anything from Dr. Dudley himself until after I requested to have my file transferred to a new clinic.
Get more personable.
The initial consult was wonderful. He was very detailed and answered all of my questions. However, that was the only time I saw Dr. Dudley and spoke to him following that appointment for the entire time I was at SRM.
All three iuis: Letrozole 5mg (2 a day, 5 days) Gonal F Ovidrel Trigger Shot
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think that the clinic is beautiful, very calming atmosphere. The staff can work on being more compassionate and understand what everyone is going through walking into that office. I feel that even though I saw someone different every time that I walked into the clinic, that everyone was nice. I only saw my RE one time at the initial consultation which is kind of a bummer because it makes you feel as if you're another number walking through the door rather than someone who is struggling to start a family and they are there to get to know you personally. I definitely feel like my treatment protocol was very basic and was not tailored to me.
$700 per iui $40 copay for every ultrasound
+ Read more- Read less

The main offices are beautiful, but parking can be tricky. There is a paid parking garage underneath building, but you can sometimes find street parking — especially on the weekends. They are open almost every day of the year and are pretty responsive. I was also very impressed with how quickly they got me into appointments. I waited for 25 minutes one time and the receptionist apologized and gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience. I feel like they do really value their patients' time and everyone is very respectful and kind.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Our over-all experience with Dr. Dudley was positive. He's warm, easy to talk to, and positive. He reviewed our records and thought that we could start off by trying IUI and an HSG. During our first visit, we felt no sales pressure to use him or SRM, which was really nice. I saw Dr. Dudley only two times after our initial appointment during three rounds of IUI and an HSG. This might be hard to follow if you're not familiar with thyroid, TSH, and thyroid meds, but here it goes: Dr. Dudley wanted me to drop my thyroid medication dosage because he felt that it was too strong for me. That resulted in my TSH going too high. When I asked for my original prescription dosage from the nurse, she said I shouldn't be on that dosage because it was too strong for me. That left my TSH too high. My endocrinologist, who primarily manages my thyroid, saw that my numbers weren't right and adjusted me back to a higher dose than Dr. Dudley prescribed which lowered my TSH to a good range for pregnancy. My endocrinologist wants the numbers in a good range before conception, so I decided to follow her prescription.
He's a great doctor. You won't feel any pressure from him, so go for it! Manage your thyroid levels with your own endocrinologist.
Dr. Dudley is very easy going, is great at explaining things, and keeps a light-heartedness to something that could be very stressful. I didn't feel pressured to do anything or take on treatments I didn't whole-heartedly want.
After an all-clear HSG, we did 3 IUIs. The first IUI was with .25 Letrozole during the first half of my cycle then a trigger shot after an ultrasound to look at follicle size and lining thickness. For the second IUI, they stepped up the original protocol with a day-9 Gonal-F trigger shot and progesterone capsules taken vaginally after the insemination. That resulted in two nice looking follicles but no positive pregnancy test. For the third IUI, we followed the same protocol. BFN. The one thing that bothered me about this clinic is that they only want you to do home pregnancy tests — no blood beta. This was a bit unnerving because taking progesterone vaginally can delay your period but you are supposed to stop taking them if you have a negative home pregnancy test. I'd be left without a period for a few days thinking that maybe the home pregnancy test didn't work or maybe I was one of those women who did produce enough HCG to show up on a pregnancy test. My fear was that somehow I was pregnant and because I stopped taking the progesterone, I would miscarry. I felt like a simple blood test would've given me peace of mind and less stress. I would've happily paid the extra money to do this.
Lindsay was great dealing with my neurotic emails. A lot of the nursing staff was nice and seemed perfectly capable of performing the procedures; it didn't seem like that big of a deal that they weren't with my doctor. Some of the nursing staff was friendlier and more experienced than others, though. For instance, the nurse who did my first IUI insemination couldn't get the speculum inserted properly and took about 5 jabs at my vaginal canal before getting it in. Ouch! :(
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
An IUI cycle was $600-800 — not including medication.
+ Read more- Read less

Seattle Reproductive Medicine has many strengths....They offer multi-cycle programs. Furthermore, Seattle Reproductive Medicine has a very unique patient portal. It is easy to access and is a great way to communicate with the fertility team. It is uniquely color-coded so that a patient can decipher between clinical, financial, scheduling, etc.... In regards to weaknesses, I would have to say that having a care coordinator telecommuting from home is not an effective way to communicate with patients.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I was under the care of another doctor who just happened to retire while I was her patient. During that time, I had my first embryo transfer that resulted in a pregnancy. Sadly, I suffered a miscarriage after finding out there was no heart beat at my ultrasound appointment. I was just a day shy of my 11-week mark. I chose to miscarry at home. I chose not to have a D&C with the fear of uterine preforation. Instead, I used the medication misoprostol to induce the miscarriage. After heaving cramping and extreme tissue loss, our baby presented himself. My husband placed the baby and tissue into an Anora Kit that we had obtained and sent our baby in for testing to see what might have gone wrong. Thus, my follow-up appointment was with Dr. Dudley and I reestablished care with him. Since we live out of state, our appointments are over-the-phone. We happened to speak with him while we were still waiting for results from our miscarriage. Dr. Dudley immediately expressed genuine compassion and made us feel like he really cared about our situation. He seemed disappointed and was very empathetic. Furthermore, Dr. Dudley expedited the results that we were anxiously awaiting. Additionally, Dr. Dudley implemented a new protocol and further testing before beginning another retrieval cycle. He also explained potential risks of starting a new cycle too soon. He talked to the company that completed our PGS testing and had our date extended for another few months. This meant we would not have to pay another base fee for our next retrieval. His assistance made us feel hopeful again! We have since completed another egg retrieval in July of 2108. We have one embryo from that cycle. However, since I am almost 38, we have chosen to complete two more cycles of egg retrievals before a transfer. We shared our concerns with Dr. Dudley and he agreed that by choosing to do this instead of another immediate transfer would definitely help increase our chances of getting pregnant. I definitely do not want to go through what I had just experienced and then not only loose another baby, but be older and have poorer egg quality. Dr. Dudley reminded me that I did have implantation on my first transfer and was positive to point out that is was a good thing! He explained to my husband and I both what to expect during treatment. We are scheduled to have another egg retrieval in a couple of weeks and meet with Dr. Dudley. I am so far very impressed with Dr. Dudley and his professionalism, along with his expertise.
One piece of advice I would give to a prospective patient about Paul Dudley is to not be afraid of asking any kind of question. Dr. Dudley is very knowledgeable and respectful. He communicates effectively and will explain things thoroughly so that you will understand.
After my doctor retired I established care with Dr. Dudley. I had just experienced a miscarriage during this time. Since I live out of state, I spoke with Dr. Dudley on the telephone. He immediately expressed genuine compassion and made us feel like he really cared about our situation. He seemed disappointed and was very empathetic. I definitely felt human and honestly cared for and far from feeling just like a "number." Dr. Dudley talked to me about conducting further blood testing to determine if I have a clotting factor before we attempt another cycle. This proactive approach by Dr. Dudley definitely made me feel human and like he was going a step further to help us figure things out. Furthermore, Dr. Dudley expedited the results from our miscarriage that we were anxiously awaiting. Dr. Dudley also reached out to the company that did our PGS testing and had our date extended for another few months. This meant we would not have to pay another base fee for our next retrieval. His assistance made us feel hopeful again! I am just very impressed with Dr. Dudley's knowledge and ability to help guide us during this journey. He has a way of eliminating the overwhelming feeling that this situation presents just by hearing his voice. He is very responsive, respectful, trustworthy, and explains in detail what to expect next. Dr. Dudley also translates complicating medical lingo into a language that my husband and I can understand. In closing, I have always felt human and not like a number when communicating with Dr. Dudley.
After my miscarriage, Dr. Dudley immediately ordered blood tests for genetic thrombophilias, specifically Factor V Leiden, which is a mutation that can increase your chance of developing abnormal blood clots. Moreover, he recommended another blood draw three weeks after the previous one to rule out any antithrombin activity, anti-thyroid antibodies, anti-cardiolipin antibodies, lupus anticoagulant, and beta-2 glycoprotein antibodies. My results for blood clotting and immune panel were negative. Dr. Dudley's treatment strategy was the antagonist protocol for both my egg retrieval in July of 2018 and also the one coming up in a couple of weeks. However, my medication doses are different. For the first retrieval, I was on 450 units of Follistim and 75 units of Menopur. For the upcoming cycle, I am to take 375 units of Follistim and 150 units of Menopur. A blood test is taken on day five as well as day eight for both cycles. I fly from Alaska to Seattle for the day-eight appointment. After arriving in Seattle for monitoring, each appointment is contingent on the one before. I am to be notified when to start my antagonist medication, Ganirelix. In July, I started on day seven with 0.5 mL and continued on until day eleven. I take this medication to prevent ovulation. An ultrasound and blood test determine when to take my trigger injection. With the retrieval in July, I used the medication Lupron and for the upcoming retrieval I am prescribed 10,000 units of Pregnyl for my trigger shot. The rationale for using the Lupron trigger is that it stimulates your own pituitary to release a large amount of LH and FSH. In contrast, the Pregnyl trigger releases hCG, which itself acts like LH and causes ovulation. Dr. Dudley is hoping for better results with the hCG trigger in terms of egg maturation. Only time will tell! With my first cycle with Dr. Dudley I produced six eggs. Only four were mature and two made it to day blastocysts. After biopsying the two embryos and sending them in for preimplantation genetic screening, it was found that one embryo tested normal and the other one has less than 85% chance of harboring abnormality of chromosome 21 (Down syndrome). The plan is to possibly thaw and rebiopsy the embryo with another cycle and send for PGS testing again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Craig)
When I first became a patient at Seattle Reproductive Medicine, I was assigned to a fertility coordinator named Sarah Thompson. She was a great coordinator, however, she received a promotion as physician liaison and I was then reassigned a new one. My new coordinator at the time, Lexie Bemis, was great to begin with. However, over time I found myself not getting return phone calls in a timely manner and she was messed up on days with my calendar and I had to correct her myself. I grew especially frustrated when I learned that she wasn't located in Seattle at all and I was unable to meet with her when I came to SRM. It turns out she was actually telecommuting out of her home in Idaho the whole time. Most recently, after my last egg retrieval, I have elected to have a new coordinator. Currently, I have a nurse coordinator, Lindsay Craig, and she is absolutely fantastic. She is compassionate and explains all details to me. Lindsay is really organized and communicates well. I met with her last time at Seattle Reproductive Medicine because Lexie could not be there. I would fully recommend Lindsay as a nurse coordinator to any potential patient. She responds in a timely manner and covers every aspect of your treatment plan.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Seattle Reproductive Medicine has many strengths. The first one that appealed to me was their success rates. For example, in 2016, the preliminary live birth rate per new patient was 47.5% for a woman my age. After comparing this rate with other clinics, I was convinced that I needed to go here. Also, I live in Alaska and Seattle is only a three hour plane ride. SRM is located in Washington state and have five different locations. Seattle Reproductive Medicine participates in the Regional Access Network (RAN), which is designed to make treatment as easy as possible for patients who are not located in Washington. This is a high strength for me since I do live in Alaska and am able to have tests conducted here. Another huge strength for Seattle Reproductive Medicine is that they also participate in the Attain Fertility program that makes paying for IVF as easy as possible so that the patient can focus on what matters most and the success of the treatment. They offer multi-cycle programs. Furthermore, Seattle Reproductive Medicine has a very unique patient portal. It is easy to access and is a great way to communicate with the fertility team. It is uniquely color-coded so that a patient can decipher between clinical, financial, scheduling, etc. Moreover, a patient can access their treatment schedule, treatment estimate, lab results, document management, request appointments, and pay your bill. Seattle Reproductive Medicine consists of long-tenured fertility experts who are passionate about helping people grow their families. Some of the team members are former fertility patients themselves, which gives them an uniquely compassionate perspective. Another strength that Seattle Reproductive Medicine has is that they use only the most recent technology and methods, which contribute to their high success rates. Finally, As of January 2015, SRM became the largest clinic on the west coast to be recognized as a Center of Nursing Excellence. In regards to weaknesses, I would have to say that having a care coordinator telecommuting from home is not an effective way to communicate with patients. With that being said, I would tell other patients to make sure they find out where their coordinator is actually located.
My husband and I are on our second Attain package and have already spent over $30,000. Our upcoming treatment is going to cost $22,000.
Dr. Dudley explained that he would not transfer more than two embryos at time. He did also explain the greater risks of transferring two embryos as opposed to just one. Dr. Dudley explained that any pregnancy has risks, however many risks are greatly increased with twin birth.

PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Dudley had a great balance of being straightforward and realistic, while also being very optimistic and positive. We always left realizing that while we had a long road to go, but also feeling that we would get pregnant. He would tell us his personal opinion on what he would do and why, but always empowered us to make the decisions.... We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they [Seattle Repro Med] were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.).... They switched systems while we were there, and didn't communicate new procedures which meant we almost lost $1,000 in the old system.
PCOS, Unexplained
Ask lots of questions!
With Dr. Dudley, we felt important-we never felt rushed, and we felt genuine care. Some of the nurses less so, but with Dr. Dudley we definitely felt human, and not like we were just a number.
We did a round of femara that resulted in a negative. We then did four rounds of IUI, with femara and injectables, with 4 negatives. Then we moved onto IVF. We did an egg retrieval with ICSI, the embryos were left to develop for 5 days and then all embryos were frozen. Dr. Dudley performed my egg retrieval. I then had a frozen embryo transfer (1 embryo) that another dr. performed. It resulted in a negative. We transferred another frozen embryo (1 again), and it resulted in a pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We soon realized that we had to know our stuff with the nurse we were assigned to. So we did tons of research. She would assume we knew everything, but this was our first time doing IVF. Things like what you should and shouldn't do, for example. We felt like she was a necessary requirement of the clinic, but didn't really provide us with support. We did that on our own-luckily we loved our dr so we stayed.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: lots of nice people, great office, felt like I received great care, they were trustworthy and legitimate. Weaknesses: financial department. We have had SO many issues with billing (bills not be sent, being charged the wrong amount, having to get reimbursed, etc.). It's painful to deal with them.
We were lucky and our insurance covered our treatments up to a certain amount. We had co-pays still so it was still pricey, but we were covered. We used up our $15,000 benefit, and probably paid $5-8,000 out of pocket for all of our treatments and drugs.
He feels strongly about eSET, but is willing to transfer two if that's your preference.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr Dudley always seemed like he was in a rush. He also wasn't willing to think outside the box. He had his standard protocol. He wasn't open to or wasn't able to customize to my situation.... Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment.... He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying."
Strengths [Seattle Reproductive Med]: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic... Kimmy was excellent--available, compassionate, caring, responsive, organized, etc. When I switched to a different dr at SRM, I asked to stay with Kimmy (which I did.)
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Dudley is very clinical/scientific. When I was discussing whether to do a transfer or another egg retrieval, he said, "well, unless you're made of money," I'd say to do a transfer. I thought that was an offensive comment. Also, he was overly confident. He said I had "above average fertility for someone my age." Yet, after 3 IVF cycles, and more than 70 eggs retrieved, he couldn't get me pregnant. He offered no real changes to the protocol, only said "let's keep trying." He also discouraged me from going to other clinics because he said that "all labs are basically the same." I have since learned that this is not the case. I liked Dr Dudley a lot until I had disappointing results.
I would choose a different dr at SRM.
I did the antagonist cycle for a freeze all. Then I did long lupron for fresh transfer. Then (after poor results from fresh transfer), I did antagonist again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kimmy)
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Warm, friendly environment. Med assistants, nurses, front office staff are lovely Weaknesses: Their billing office is a hot mess: disorganized, poor communication. Their lab--I've had much better results at a different clinic in Oregon.
Approx 14K per IVF cycle $3500 for FET
Dr Dudley is a fan of eSET..which I am too

2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I felt he [Dr. Paul Dudley] did a great job explaining everything to us. Even drawing and mapping out everything on paper. We didn’t feel rushed and we felt he wanted the best possible outcome and success for my husband and I...I wouldn’t say Dr. Dudley is a personable man but he seemed like a straight shooter and we liked that about him and that is why we went back when we were trying for another child...since everything was so straight forward and all my blood work looked great we did an embryo transfer with no meds and used an opk to test when I ovulated.
They [nurses at SRM] were friendly and personable. They also were very good at explaining our plan and all the info that went with it...I think the only thing I would like to know is more info about the thawing process. We lost 2 embryos in the thawing process. I feel every department financial, dr and nurses all ran pretty well. I guess you could say a well oiled machine. My only complaint is how expensive it is to get a baby. I wish insurance companies would cover ivf. I know there are some companies that provide insurance that do but unfortunately we don’t work for companies that have insurance that provide that coverage.
2013 - 2015
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt I was very informed and everything was easy to understand. Given the fact there were so many details that go into IVF, I felt confident in all the knowledge that was given to me. I wouldn’t say Dr. Dudley is a personable man but he seemed like a straight shooter and we liked that about him and that is why we went back when we were trying for another child.
He is very good at explaining things but I would say don’t be afraid to ask questions or if you don’t understand
I felt he did a great job explaining everything to us. Even drawing and mapping out everything on paper. We didn’t feel rushed and we felt he wanted the best possible outcome and success for my husband and I
First round- I was under the category of unexplained infertility. But my blood tests, hormones, tests and my husbands sperm count was all normal so my plan was pretty straight forward. On day 4 of my cycle I started bc pills. On day 9 I had OH uterine sounding. Day 24 did injection training and began luteal Lupron. Husband takes Zithromax. Day 28 take last bc. Day 32 suppression check. Day 34 start follistim and menopur. Bloodwork and ultrasounds in between. Day 45 hcg shot. Day 47 egg retrieval. Day 53 embryo transfer. This round resulted a pregnancy and live birth. 2 1/2 years later since everything was so straight forward and all my blood work looked great we did an embryo transfer with no meds and used an opk to test when I ovulated. Then used progesterone. That resulted in no pregnancy. The following cycle we did another round but this time did meds Lupron, Vivelle, and progesterone and that resulted in a pregnancy but ended in a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They were friendly and personable. They also were very good at explaining our plan and all the info that went with it
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think the first round was about $12,000 and of course more costs for meds. Then when we did the 2nd and 3rd rounds were about $3000 each with the 3rd costing more money for meds
Because I have had a previous pregnancy and no history of miscarriages and all our tests were normal for the most part Dr. Dudley recommended we only transfer one embryo because he believed we would have a high chance of twins.
Tacoma

2010 - 2011
I felt listened to and respected [by Dr. Dudley] for my choice to be a single mother by choice...Honestly, I don't really remember much about Dr. Dudley other than it was a positive experience. I always felt listened to and respected. I did not have any fertility issues. I had IUI, and I became pregnant on the 3rd attempt....My experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine was very positive. I did not have any negative experiences whatsoever...I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice.
I went through Seattle Reproductive Clinic to become a single mother by choice in 2010. At that time, I had to go to 3 different locations for services including Bellevue, Seattle and Tacoma. I lived in Tacoma so it was a hassle to have to go to the other clinics for services that were not available in Tacoma at that time. However, since that time, things may have changed. The initial interview and the evaluation with the psychologist (?) was in Bellevue. I had to go to Seattle for the insemination. I had check ups at Tacoma. They were great at organizing and scheduling everything I needed to do, and the experience was very positive and respectful throughout out.
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I felt listened to and respected for my choice to be a single mother by choice.
I did not have any fertility issues, I was simply using IUI to become a single mother by choice. However, I was 36 years old so there was a possibility that I might not get pregnant right away. It was explained that it might take about 6 attempts and that we would do 3 attempts before using any hormones or other interventions. I got pregnant on the 3rd IUI attempt without any need for any interventions.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I don't recall exactly the costs as it was 6 years ago, but I believe I paid about $1,000 for testing and then about $350 per IUI. I became pregnant on my 3rd IUI

2012 - 2018
I had a horrible experience with my first IUI. The Clomid made me develop too large this. My husband rushed me to the ER and I stayed at the hospital by my house for 7 Days. Dr Dudley and his nurse both called my husband several times a day everyday to check on me. He was very concerned and want to make sure that I was receiving the best care possible since he did not have Hospital rights where I was staying.
My first IVF cycle [at SRM] went very smoothly ever my second one has been completely horrible. I've had appointments moved or scheduled at different times and I was told I have had the wrong blood work drawn and they've even had the wrong medications sent to me.... I can not say enough good things about Lexie. I have been with her for so long, that I not can talk to her like a friend. She is SO smart and knowledgeable with her work, but she is so compassionate and relatable to. I just love her!
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I have recommended Dr Dudley to at least half a dozen of my friends. Not only does he explain his treatment plan to you extremely clearly but he's also very compassionate. I have had other issues with my clinic as far as billing and appointments and have wanted to leave practice. I have never left though because I trust dr. Dudley completely and don't want to end my relationship with him.
If you want a dr that is completely candid with you and be extremely detailed with his explanations than dr. Dudley is perfect for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexie )
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
My first IVF cycle went very smoothly ever my second one has been completely horrible. I've had appointments moved or scheduled at different times and I was told I have had the wrong blood work drawn and they've even had the wrong medications sent to me.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Dudley is an absolutely amazing doctor. He took the time to understand my concerns, was very compassionate, and was easy to talk to....I had 4 IUI cycles with Dr. Dudley. The first was femara+an injectable for one day. That resulted in a miscarriage. The next two were the same protocol but did not result in pregnancies possibly because sperm counts were low. The fourth attempt was injectable only with a new sperm donor and resulted in a live birth.
Dr. Dudley is extremely compassionate and caring...The people drawing blood [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] weren't always friendly, and some of the nursing staff wasn't always the nicest. Others were amazing...I had an instance where the nurse forgot to call my medication refill into the pharmacy
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He knows what he is doing.
Dr. Dudley is extremely compassionate and caring.
I felt like information wasn't always passed onto Dr. Dudley.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The people drawing blood weren't always friendly, and some of the nursing staff wasn't always the nicest. Others were amazing.
I am not sure. It was covered by insurance.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr Dudley has a very kind bedside manner, he will answer any questions or concerns you have. He was very candid with me when providing my options, which enabled me to choose donor eggs. He was honest and forthright with all information, but delivered it in a compassionate manner...Dr Dudley was very kind and explained any questions I had. He also was very available for questions or concerns...
All of the nursing staff [at Seattle Repro Med - Seattle] was very responsive on all questions and concerns...The clinic is a large clinic and all of the staff I interacted with was kind, compassionate and helpful...approximately $12,000 excluding meds for mini-stim IVF cycle approximately $28,000 excluding meds for a frozen donor egg cycle...
4 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Paul Dudley at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go see him, he's very knowledgeable and informed on all of the latest information and techniques.
One mini-stim using low doses of Letrozole and Follistim with Ganirelix (as I had left over from my earlier clinic). One donor cycle with Lupron, Progesterone in Oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angi Nicholson)
All of the nursing staff was very responsive on all questions and concerns.

2010 - 2011
Dr Dudley was easy to speak to and he was able to very clearly articulate our chances and likelihood of success. He was also very open to my asking pointed questions. I felt he treated me like an equal in my treatment and that he appreciated that I had a scientific background....Prior to IVF, Dr Dudley performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriosis. He was supportive of my attempting to TTC after surgery before attempting more aggressive treatment.
I purchased a multi cycle plan which was about 23,000 for 2 cycle fresh, 2 cycles frozen with icsi...Monitoring [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine] was an efficient well oiled machine. There were [plenty] of ultrasound techs and phelbotamists that I never had to wait long
2010 - 2011
It was my first IVF and at the time I had no diminished ovarian reserve, so I was started on a standard long lupron protocol. I think that was the approach any clinic would have taken. Prior to IVF, Dr Dudley performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove my endometriosis. He was supportive of my attempting to TTC after surgery before attempting more aggressive treatment.
Large and efficient
Monitoring was an efficient well oiled machine. There were Plante of ultrasound techs and phelbotamists that I never had to wait long