Medical SchoolU. of Albany
206-301-5000
1505 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
206-301-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Lin to a friend?

5.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Seattle Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
He [Dr. Paul Lin] had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1...has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consult with Dr. Lin, he did a great job explaining the IVF process. I came with a list of about 20 questions, and he made sure he hit each one. He explained the risks of IVF, but we left the appointment feeling really hopeful. Our first round of IVF, we used the Antagonist protocol. This is something I wish was explained more to me (the protocols). I think doctors should explain the various protocols and explain why they are choosing a specific one for you. The Antagonist protocol did NOT work for me. I ended up with 1 "fair grade" embryo. I had 14 follicles. Nine of those follicles were of good size. We only retrieved 5. Even the doctor who did my retrieval was a little confused at the results. I didn't get a good explanation - or any explanation at all - as to why that protocol was chosen for me to begin with and why it didn't produce decent results. He was sympathetic that it didn't work well and explained that we would try a different protocol. Again, leaving out the "why". I am now on day 10 of stims, using the Luteal Lupron protocol. At every monitoring appointment, I am behind with egg production as compared to the Antagonist - which is scary. Once again, not much of an explanation. However, I really do believe that he has my best interest and cares a lot about the outcome. It's unfair for patients to put blame on doctors for everything (most of the time). Dr. Lin is really direct. He is honest and truthful, but also sheds hope onto our situation. He has a good balance between warm and real. I do wish I could have him do my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. SRM is just so big...and I haven't seen Dr. Lin in 3 months since our consult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for further explanations. Ask "why" for the protocol you are put on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For both of my IVF cycles with Dr. Lin, I didn't get a reason why he chose them. I am a 30 year old (husband is 30 too) and our only factor is stage 2 endometriosis. TTC for 6 years. IVF Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol Birth control for 19 days, 250IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, cetrotide .25mg, pregnyl (hCG trigger) 10,000 units. I stimmed for 10 days. Cetrotide was introduced on day 7. Results: 14 follicles, 9 measurable, 5 retrieved, 2 fertilized via ICSI, 1 embryo (frozen) IVF Cycle 2: Luteal Lupron Protocol Birth control for 21 days, Lupron 10 units was started 2 weeks after being on BCP (decreased to 5 units when I started stims), 300IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, omnitrope (HGH) 50 units, pregnyl trigger 10,000 units, and progesterone 200 mg. I will be doing a fresh transfer. Results: 18 follicles (or around there). 6 eggs retrieved. All 6 mature. 5 fertilized. 2 embryos made it to 5 day blast. 3 embryos arrested on day 6. 1 embryo was transferred (pregnant!) and 1 was frozen. Total embryos from both cycles: 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alex Brown)
Alex is amazing!!!! She is so sweet and caring. I look forward to talking with her and seeing her. I don't have a negative thing to say about her. She is quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. She is thorough in explaining everything. She even visited me post egg retrieval so I could see a familiar face that day since my doctor wasn't the one doing the ER. She's just awesome!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: they know what they're doing, clean environment, systematic, welcoming, professional. I feel really taken care of there. Excellent nurses. Knowledgeable doctors who work as a team. Weaknesses: at times I feel like a small fish in a big sea there just because it is so big, but they really do their best. I wish my doc could be the one to do my ER and transfer, but that is unrealistic unless you go to a small clinic - which has it's own setbacks and limitations. I am happy with SRM and would recommend it to anyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They give you the dates for your suppression check, day 6 monitoring, and day 9 monitoring in advance, so it is not much of an inconvenience. After day 9, they warn you to keep your schedule flexible. Sometimes the appointments after day 9 were limited and inconvenient times, but most of the time it worked out fine because I knew I had to be flexible those days way in advance. It's hard, because the amount of appts you need depend on how you are responding - which no one can control.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did a 2 cycle nonrefundable program through Attain. That alone was $24,600.00. We spent about $2,000 on bloodwork, consultation, and genetic testing on the day of our consult before we even started IVF. My IVF meds for round 1 through Fertility Pharmacy of America were $4,557.28. For round 2, meds were $5,645.00. Total cost for 2 IVF cycles: $36,802.28 (which under the 2 cycle plan includes transfers until you run out of embryos / until you have a live birth)
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1.
Seattle

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

2015 - 2019
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I choose Dr. Lin as my first treatment was to undergo a myomectomy prior to fertility treatment. Not only is Dr. Lin a fertility specialist but he is also surgeon. It was nice to know Dr. Lin treated me for all my surgeries to include emergency surgery and fertility treatment. ... Anytime during a failed treatment he would reach out via message to check in on me, which I appreciated. ... He is compassionate, understanding and caring.
2015 - 2019
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin is straight forward! Some patients may not like this process during fertility treatment; however, as a fertility patients for several years your doctor should be straightforward. Anytime during a failed treatment he would reach out via message to check in on me, which I appreciated. He even will message on the weekend (assuming) you have labs or outcome results on a Friday! As I previously mentioned Dr. Lin goes above and beyond for his patients.
If you are looking for a doctor who is caring, compassionate, understanding, smart, well diverse in both medically and surgically, straightforward and will get you knocked up Dr. Lin is the doctor to see. I choose Dr. Lin as my first treatment was to undergo a myomectomy prior to fertility treatment. Not only is Dr. Lin a fertility specialist but he is also surgeon. It was nice to know Dr. Lin treated me for all my surgeries to include emergency surgery and fertility treatment.
Dr. Lin cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to help each of his patients. He is compassionate, understanding and caring. For example, during one of my treatments during IUI I ended up suffering from severe abdominal pain (I couldn't walk due to the pain) I called the clinic as I wasn't sure if this was a reason of the IUI. The clinic saw me immediately and during an ultrasound it was noted I suffered from an ectopic and was internally bleeding. The nurse called Dr. Lin who was practicing at his other clinic and instructed me to meet him at the closest hospital to start emergency surgery. Within an hour Dr. Lin showed up to the hospital and took care of me. Now what doctor would stop in the middle of his day to have emergency surgery? Usually doctors will instruct their patients to go to a hospital and will have the on call doctor prepare and conduct surgery. Now that is what I called being treated as a human! He is amazing and I will forever be grateful!
Initially, I started with regular IUI treatments until my ectopic pregnancy which resulted in removal of my left tube. I took a few months break to transfer into IVF. During my first round of IVF I took Menopur and Gonal F. Second round of IVF I was prescribed a hormone medication (can't remember the name of the vial) but the price was $. During this treatment I also took Menopur and Gonal F. Due to my diminish ovarian reserve my second round was canceled due to poor response. My third round of IVF, we transferred into a mini stim IVF cycle instead of regular IVF, which used menorpur and gonal f but a lower dosage. I ended up having a miscarriage due to this cycle (again due to my DOR). Throughout my treatment it was noted the best option for me was to switch to donor eggs which only included Estrace and Endometrium!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenna )
Jenna (Dr. Lin's nurse for one of his clinics) is organized, caring, compassionate, understanding and honest. She is always contacting me via portal to check in on me during all stages of treatment. Anytime I would have appointments she was there to answer any and all my questions. If I called the clinic asking to speak with her she would always call back the same day! I know the clinic is busy with tons of patients but she deserves a gold STAR for always being there for me and her patients
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
SRM has several clinics within the city. As a patient I had the opportunity to schedule my appointments in Seattle, Kirkland or Bellevue office! In addition, the Seattle office is open during the weekend with free parking! As long as you know where to park on the weekend (across the street) it was easy going to appointments on the weekends. The clinic is open 365 days a year and the phone team is also opened during business hours. If you are not the type of person who likes to call you can also use the portal to schedule appointments, message your doctor/nurse/team and see your labs! The only down side is the financial part as it appears there is a high turn over for the financial assistant.
My insurance does not cover one penny at all. Therefore, everything was out of pocket via credit cards! Treatment includes several IUI, IVFs and now donor eggs. Currently I'm looking at a little over 90,000
Dr. Lin will choose the best decision with single or multiple depending on the patients history. In my case, since I had tubal removal along with myomectomy for my safety it was best to only transfer one.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Lin is a straight to the point doctor. He is a kind person and explains everything that is going on. He makes sure every test is done and we have everything taken care of in a timely manner. He always answers any questions I have and doesn't hesitate, even if the answer isn't what we want...Don't expect to see him every visit...Our first two IUIs were with Letrozole and Progesterone after the IUI. We also did an HSG and lots of blood work. After the first two didn't work we moved to Menopur for four days and also Letrozole and Progesterone after the IUI.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't expect to see him every visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tanya Z)
My nurse is the best I have ever had at any clinic. She is so compassionate. She called us and messaged us multiple times after our miscarriage. She answered any questions I had and made sure any questions we had were taken to Dr Lin immediately.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Our clinic is awesome. Super friendly staff, very clean and always has refreshments and snacks! They are always on time and are always extremely friendly. They always greet me with a smile and are never rude.
Office visits are $175 IUIs are $650

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
At every appointment with Dr Lin he gave us his undivided attention, he did a great job at "talking me down" I spent way too much time on Google. After our first egg retrieval resulted in no babies, he already had a plan to make changes for our next egg retrieval. He also took our case to his colleges to ensure that he covered all the bases...he does not sugar coat things. So be prepared to hear the truth, but in a tactful way
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Bd aware that he does not sugar coat things. So be prepared to hear the truth, but in a tactful way
Dr Lin really took his time to exlpain everything in a way we could understand. He personally reached out to us after each failed embryo transfer.
I only remember the second egg retrieval. It was a Luteal Lupron HCG Fresh ET. I was on 300iu of Follistim, 150 iu Menopur and vaginal Progesterone twice daily
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
I was un happy with my nurse. She was not great at communicating things to me. Everyone else in the Clinic was amazing.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
The only office open on Saturdays is Seattle, parking down there is a nightmare. They do not open until 8 am, which makes it hard to get to work on time. The clinics have a great atmosphere, they gove you starbucks gift cards if they are late for your appointment. The front desk staff is very friendly.
He would only transfer 2 aftwr speaking to us and confirming that we were okay with Twins
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?

2013 - 2018
He [Dr. Paul Lin] was very straight forward with us about everything from treatments to cost wise. He let us choose what to start with and explained everything along the way...He was a great communicator...if I misunderstand something I would be able to email him and get a better idea without another doctor visit...I had to have 2 surgeries, 1 to get rid of the endometriosis so I could get pregnant and the other to unblock my tubes. He wasn’t sure if I could get pregnant from one side but 3 months after the 2nd surgery I was successfully pregnant!!
2013 - 2018
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He was a great communicator and explained everything to us in detail. I had no problems with him but if I misunderstand something I would be able to email him and get a better idea without another doctor visit.
Make sure you review all options. Figure out why you can’t have kids and then figure out how to fix it. Be proactive
He was very straight forward with us about everything from treatments to cost wise. He let us choose what to start with and explained everything along the way.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I absolutely love the Seattle office but the Bellevue office to me seemed small. I prefer going to the Seattle office after the remodel of course. More open space and everyone is so friendly. The Bellevue office was just more for consultations which I think is great for beginners
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?