9.7

206-301-5000
1505 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
206-301-5000

He [Dr. Paul Lin] had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1...has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
Total cost for 2 IVF cycles [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine]: $36,802.28 (which under the 2 cycle plan includes transfers until you run out of embryos / until you have a live birth)...Excellent nurses. Knowledgeable doctors who work as a team. Weaknesses: at times I feel like a small fish in a big sea there just because it is so big, but they really do their best. I wish my doc could be the one to do my ER and transfer, but that is unrealistic unless you go to a small clinic - which has it's own setbacks and limitations. I am happy with SRM and would recommend it to anyone.
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
During our consult with Dr. Lin, he did a great job explaining the IVF process. I came with a list of about 20 questions, and he made sure he hit each one. He explained the risks of IVF, but we left the appointment feeling really hopeful. Our first round of IVF, we used the Antagonist protocol. This is something I wish was explained more to me (the protocols). I think doctors should explain the various protocols and explain why they are choosing a specific one for you. The Antagonist protocol did NOT work for me. I ended up with 1 "fair grade" embryo. I had 14 follicles. Nine of those follicles were of good size. We only retrieved 5. Even the doctor who did my retrieval was a little confused at the results. I didn't get a good explanation - or any explanation at all - as to why that protocol was chosen for me to begin with and why it didn't produce decent results. He was sympathetic that it didn't work well and explained that we would try a different protocol. Again, leaving out the "why". I am now on day 10 of stims, using the Luteal Lupron protocol. At every monitoring appointment, I am behind with egg production as compared to the Antagonist - which is scary. Once again, not much of an explanation. However, I really do believe that he has my best interest and cares a lot about the outcome. It's unfair for patients to put blame on doctors for everything (most of the time). Dr. Lin is really direct. He is honest and truthful, but also sheds hope onto our situation. He has a good balance between warm and real. I do wish I could have him do my egg retrieval and embryo transfer. SRM is just so big...and I haven't seen Dr. Lin in 3 months since our consult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for further explanations. Ask "why" for the protocol you are put on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Lin has taken the time to personally call me during my second round of IVF during the stimulation phase. After my day 6 monitoring/US appointment, I was really concerned with how many (or how few) follicles we saw. He called me and talked me through everything and made me feel much better about continuing with this cycle. He cares a lot about his patients. I had a monitoring appt. on Easter and he said that he was going to check the portal for the results. He's on top of every detail and I have complete trust in him - even though my first retrieval only ended up with 1 embryo. I am currently stimming in round 2 right now - egg retrieval will be in about 3 days!
Describe the protocols Paul Lin used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For both of my IVF cycles with Dr. Lin, I didn't get a reason why he chose them. I am a 30 year old (husband is 30 too) and our only factor is stage 2 endometriosis. TTC for 6 years. IVF Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol Birth control for 19 days, 250IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, cetrotide .25mg, pregnyl (hCG trigger) 10,000 units. I stimmed for 10 days. Cetrotide was introduced on day 7. Results: 14 follicles, 9 measurable, 5 retrieved, 2 fertilized via ICSI, 1 embryo (frozen) IVF Cycle 2: Luteal Lupron Protocol Birth control for 21 days, Lupron 10 units was started 2 weeks after being on BCP (decreased to 5 units when I started stims), 300IU gonal-f, 150IU menopur, omnitrope (HGH) 50 units, pregnyl trigger 10,000 units, and progesterone 200 mg. I will be doing a fresh transfer. Results: 18 follicles (or around there). 6 eggs retrieved. All 6 mature. 5 fertilized. 2 embryos made it to 5 day blast. 3 embryos arrested on day 6. 1 embryo was transferred (pregnant!) and 1 was frozen. Total embryos from both cycles: 3
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Alex Brown)
Alex is amazing!!!! She is so sweet and caring. I look forward to talking with her and seeing her. I don't have a negative thing to say about her. She is quick to respond to all of my emails and questions. She is thorough in explaining everything. She even visited me post egg retrieval so I could see a familiar face that day since my doctor wasn't the one doing the ER. She's just awesome!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: they know what they're doing, clean environment, systematic, welcoming, professional. I feel really taken care of there. Excellent nurses. Knowledgeable doctors who work as a team. Weaknesses: at times I feel like a small fish in a big sea there just because it is so big, but they really do their best. I wish my doc could be the one to do my ER and transfer, but that is unrealistic unless you go to a small clinic - which has it's own setbacks and limitations. I am happy with SRM and would recommend it to anyone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They give you the dates for your suppression check, day 6 monitoring, and day 9 monitoring in advance, so it is not much of an inconvenience. After day 9, they warn you to keep your schedule flexible. Sometimes the appointments after day 9 were limited and inconvenient times, but most of the time it worked out fine because I knew I had to be flexible those days way in advance. It's hard, because the amount of appts you need depend on how you are responding - which no one can control.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
We did a 2 cycle nonrefundable program through Attain. That alone was $24,600.00. We spent about $2,000 on bloodwork, consultation, and genetic testing on the day of our consult before we even started IVF. My IVF meds for round 1 through Fertility Pharmacy of America were $4,557.28. For round 2, meds were $5,645.00. Total cost for 2 IVF cycles: $36,802.28 (which under the 2 cycle plan includes transfers until you run out of embryos / until you have a live birth)
Describe Paul Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
He had a strong preference to 1 embryo. I don't think he could be convinced to let us do 2. He educated us as to why, and we feel comfortable with 1.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Lin addressed my concerns and questions very quickly. He would delegate is nurse to help answer my questions but she was getting directions directly from him. I always had questions and he was always able to provide answers to help me...My doctor highly recommended from the beginning to do single embryo transfers which I was fine with because it sounded like the best option for both mom and baby.
I think this clinic is great. For someone who is brand new to IVF, they [Seattle Reproductive Medicine] really walk you through the whole process in detail. Their patient portal is a great resource to ask questions through and to receive information about your cycle through. There was a high quality of care here. It is expensive though compared to other clinics I found out later...I was able to work out two cycles for around $20,000 if I remember correctly, that did not include medication
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
I think as with most fertility clinics you will usually be speaking to the nurse who gets directions from the doctor. This was the case but I knew to expect that from the beginning. As long as my questions were answered and I knew answers were coming from my doctor, I didn't mind.
I feel like my concerns were addressed quickly, within 1 business day usually.
I have low AMH/diminished ovarian reserve and was on Menopur, human growth horome, progesterone, and leuprolide. I was a low responder but that was somewhat expected, given my diagnosis of having low AMH. I had two egg retrievals. The first egg retrieval had in 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, and 1 embryo developed. That embryo is currently cryopreserved for future transfer. My second egg retrieval had 8 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 embryos developed but were all abnormal. I was informed that they were such poor quality they would not even be able to be frozen properly if I chose to transfer them. Due to my recurrent miscarriages I decided not to attempt to freeze them, since the likelyhood of having another miscarriage would be high with those abnormal embryos. Total I have only one embryo that resulted from two rounds of egg retreivals. I have yet to do my frozen embryo transfer due to my cycle being delayed from COVID-19.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Seattle Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lexi)
My nurse, Lexi, was fantastic. She always responded quickly to my questions. She was able to explain things in detail to me. She was also reassuring when things got tough for me. I could not have asked for a better nurse.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
I think this clinic is great. For someone who is brand new to IVF they really walk you through the whole process in detail. Their patient portal is a great resource to ask questions through and to receive information about your cycle through. There was a high quality of care here. It is expensive though compared to other clinics I found out later.
I live out-of-state in Alaska, so most of my monitoring was done back home.
I was able to work out two cycles for around $20,000 if I remember correctly, that did not include medication. Medication was very expensive due to my diagnosis of low ovarian reserve and needing higher doses of medicine to help develop my eggs. I believe my first cycle was around $2000 for meds and my second was around $3000 to $4,000. I don't remember the exact numbers. But it was definitely expensive.
2013 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Paul Lin] was very straight forward with us about everything from treatments to cost wise. He let us choose what to start with and explained everything along the way...He was a great communicator...if I misunderstand something I would be able to email him and get a better idea without another doctor visit...I had to have 2 surgeries, 1 to get rid of the endometriosis so I could get pregnant and the other to unblock my tubes. He wasn’t sure if I could get pregnant from one side but 3 months after the 2nd surgery I was successfully pregnant!!
I had to have 2 surgeries [at Seattle Reproductive Medicine], 1 to get rid of the endometriosis so I could get pregnant and the other to unblock my tubes...They double booked an appointment at 8am one day and we were told that it was their error. We still got seen just a few hours later...I absolutely love the Seattle office but the Bellevue office to me seemed small. I prefer going to the Seattle office after the remodel of course. More open space and everyone is so friendly. The Bellevue office was just more for consultations which I think is great for beginners
How was your experience with Paul Lin at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He was a great communicator and explained everything to us in detail. I had no problems with him but if I misunderstand something I would be able to email him and get a better idea without another doctor visit.
Make sure you review all options. Figure out why you can’t have kids and then figure out how to fix it. Be proactive
He was very straight forward with us about everything from treatments to cost wise. He let us choose what to start with and explained everything along the way.
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.