Medical SchoolColumbia
Spartanburg
333 S. Pine
Spartanburg, SC 29302
864) 455-1600.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paul Miller to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of the Carolinas to a friend?
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Miller goes out of his way to make sure he explains all treatments and options and that we feel comfortable with our plan of care. He is positive yet realistic. He listens to our concerns and makes sure he addresses them. It is apparent that Dr. Miller cares about his patients and does everything in his power to help patients start a family.... Dr. Miller always made us feel like he had all the time in the world. He is patient, answers all our questions, and it is always apparent that he wants to help us successfully start our family.
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Trust his advice but don’t be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan )
Susan is hands down one of the best nurses I have had the privilege of meeting. She always responds to phone calls in a timely manner. She answers your questions and puts your fear at ease. She is your biggest cheerleader. Susan always had the answer for changes in treatment plan when things weren’t going as planned.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Overall working with FCC was an extremely positive experience despite the difficult circumstances. The office staff is always friendly and address you by name. You truly feel as if the entire clinic is rooting for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
We had insurance coverage for part of our treatment. Our IUI cost aprroximately $500. The remaining balance for IVF was around $5,000 and $3,000 for medication. Due to being unable to do a fresh cycle due to issues with my lining being too thin we had to freeze our eggs which resulted in extra and unexpected costs. Eventually we ran out of money in the middle of a cycle and we had to pay an additional $1800 that was discounted.
Describe Paul Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr. Miller always suggested we transfer 2 embryos to increase our chance of success. He is always open to patients opinions and never pushed us to do anything we were uncomfortable with.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Miller always makes a point to see me for my appointments even if it’s just to poke his head in and say hi if I’m there for bloodwork. He has followed my case so closely that it really does feel like he is interested in getting me results. He knows my background and my chart off the top of his head. We rarely have had to review any history because he knows it so well.... It took a few cycles but Dr. Miller did eventually get on board with a very aggressive treatment plan.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Initially, Dr. Miller was not as aggressive as I was hoping he would be. We had relocated to Greenville from Los Angeles and my doctor in Los Angeles was extremely aggressive with treatment. It took a few cycles but Dr. Miller did eventually get on board with a very aggressive treatment plan.
Trust him! He knows what he’s doing.
Describe the protocols Paul Miller used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Our first protocol was an IUI cycle with femara and Follistim combined. I only got one follicle that cycle but ended up having a chemical pregnancy. Our second IUI cycle was all follistim and I had 4 follicles. We used an all injectable cycle because that is what worked having my older son. Unfortunately, this round didn’t work. We took a break to save some more money and I lost some more weight then we had a spontaneous natural pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. I had a laparoscopy done to clean out any endometriosis and scar tissue and we are planning to start back to IUI soon!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
I can’t say enough good things about Ashley. She constantly emails and calls during cycles. She stays in touch regularly in between cycles. She keeps both the doctor and me in constant communication with each other and she is just the sweetest person.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I absolutely love this clinic and their medical staff. I was not too pleased with their billing department initially but once I figured everything out, it worked out OK. I wish that the blood test results were ready before leaving the office.
The cost with Dr. Miller was significantly more than it was having my son in California only because we did not have insurance coverage. Every baseline ultrasound or follicle check was around $300, IUI was around $300, and the sperm wash with around $80.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller was a great doctor. He listened to all of my concerns and answered any questions I had. He is very smart and seems to love what he does. Dr. Miller came into the waiting room and walked me back for my first appointment. He described what PCOS is and some of the treatment plans. We talked about weight loss, but he wasn't rude about it. He went about it in a caring way and offered helpful advice. I was always aware of what to expect at each appointment. Dr. Miller is very informative. My insurance changed at work, and I no longer have the funds to seek fertility treatment at this time. I would love to return some time in the future. I highly recommend Dr. Miller. He is absolutely one of the best doctors I've ever met.
If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask him. Dr. Miller is very informative and has a passion for his work.
Dr. Miller took time to answer all of my questions. He encouraged me to not give up hope. He approached the subject of weight loss and PCOS in a very friendly and pro active approach. Most doctors just tell me to lose weight. Dr. Miller talked about understanding the difficulty of losing weight and offered helpful advice.
I was placed on Metformin twice daily along with prenatal vitamins. I had ultrasound on Cycle Day 3. I took Femara Cycle days 3-7. I had one failed IUI.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and informative.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Make an appointment as soon as you can. Sometimes it takes awhile to be seen for your first appointment.
Greenville
The visit was quick and he [Dr. Miller] explained everything, since im still young with one live birth already he felt that i would be okay to have a iui the natural way , he answered my questions his nurses was great and supportive... He wanted me to do the natural iui but once my period came on i was like omg i haven't had a 10 years and this is very expensive so i wanted to take the pills i did the fertility pills day 3-7 and then waited for ovulation and went in the nest day for the procedure
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
The visit was quick and he explained everything, since im still young with one live birth already he felt that i would be okay to have a iui the natural way , he answered my questions his nurses was great and supportive
The nurses was great they keep in contact with me and made sure i was okay and understood everything... Even during the TTW they were very supportive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashely )
i LOVE ashely she was so supportive and she explained everything, even if i asked more than once she never had a attitude at all...
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I would say overall this clinic is very inexpensive actually cheaper than what i expected and the whole team is great all the way down to the receptions even the lady's that draw your blood.... They have a great warm environment
The cost that i had to really only pay was for the iui which was $277 also the fertility pills which with my insurance was $11 (I think) ... Also each time after the iui my two blood work cost were $13... I also had insurance and did require alot of testing
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
When I first met Dr. Miller I felt very comfortable talking to him like I'm be had been my doctor my whole life. He is very understanding and actually takes time to explain things so that you can understand. He is very gentle and caring.... Dr. Miller is very kind and compassionate in what he does. I believe he really cares about each one of his patients. He takes his time and explains things in full detail. He makes sure that you understand each treatment to the fullest. When I leave his office each visit I don't have any questions because he has taken the time to answer every question I have.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller is very kind and compassionate in what he does. I believe he really cares about each one of his patients. He takes his time and explains things in full detail. He makes sure that you understand each treatment to the fullest. When I leave his office each visit I don't have any questions because he has taken the time to answer every question I have. If I think of something once I get home, I can send an email through the health portal and someone gets back with me very quickly.
To be completely honest with Dr. Miller he is not judgemental at all. He is also very understanding of any situation you may have.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Very good communication, love the fact that there is a patient portal that the nurses and doctors use! The wait is never long, and all the staff are genuinely nice. They honestly treat you like family, and they will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant!
IVF is around 11,000
Anderson
Dr. Miller very clearly laid out all treatment plans for my husband and I. He explained to us different methods we could use to achieve a pregnancy. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable. He worked closely with the nurses to ensure proper communication.... We started with Clomid, but weren’t having positive results. Added in Novarel. Then added in Gonal F. Switched to Letrozole+Novarel+Gonal F. Dr. Miller suggested a regimen of vitamin e, d 3, coq10, and prenatals.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Ask questions if you have them. Don’t expect him to know what you’re thinking.
FCC is a very large clinic run by a hospital so it is much more like an institution and less of a positive, relaxed experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan is very knowledgeable regarding infertility, treatments, and PCOS. She showed compassion and gave necessary instructions. She provided a treatment plan at every appointment.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
This clinic is very large and tends to treat its patients like numbers rather than people. I’ve had quite a few conversations with the patient care coordinator regarding the treatment i received there.
Ultrasound- $280 Clomid- $50 Femara- $10 Gonal F+Novarel- $500+
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
2013 - 2017
Dr Miller is sharp, warm and encouraging. He's incredibly likable and a fast talker. Go in ready to listen. He is knowledgeable and open to collaborating. I believe he's director of the clinic so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I feel like he does stay in top of my care and is available to me when I have questions...Limitations on using my eggs versus donor eggs were not accurately conveyed...As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice.
2013 - 2017
Take notes.
Warmth and compassion from the whole staff. It really feels like they are rooting for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan Bell)
Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients. It really feels like the whole team is invested helping us achieve our goals.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?