Medical SchoolColumbia
ResidencyHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital
FellowshipHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paula Brady to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Paula Brady] used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month...she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process...transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us...She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
The clinic [Columbia University] is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline...She [nurse] followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible...used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I wish I could rate her on a scale having numbers way greater than 10. She is above any scale that can measure her professionalism, dedication, commitment, concern, care and love for her patients. She studies her patients in depth and personalize the treatment based on each individual as she does not consider her patients as a number but as a human, who needs special care and attention. She would never ignore even the slightest of issues you are facing while going through the treatment. Throughout the process, I emailed her quite frequently on very basic issues and she would always address them in a polite way and often, I would receive a call from her personally addressing the issue. She makes the patients very comfortable, for example, I was having pain of injections and she resolved it in a very effective way. She takes the patient along on what is best for the patient professionally and she guides the patient on each and every issue although I know that most clinics and doctors never go in such details. We saw many fertility doctors for the last eleven years and went through many fertility treatments and emotional traumas and for most of the doctors, I was just a number and in time of failure, it was quite casual for them. However, Dr. Brady addresses very minute details like daily scans and readings quite seriously and would discuss with us. She is a very knowledgeable doctor and knows her work very well and then take her patients along that plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I would advise to trust Dr. Brady as she knows her work, being competent and knowledgeable and follow her each and every instruction very religiously, including timings and all other dos and dont's.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is an excellent consultant and above all, a wonderful human being. She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
She used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
She followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
The doctor transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us and we had no issue with that.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University.

2020
We only met [Dr. Paula Brady] once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity...she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
Katrina [nurse at Columbia University] is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it...They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Again, I only saw her once and she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
If you want to have more direct interaction with her, you should voice this early on. This way if she cannot oblige, you know from the onset and can make an informed decision.
We only met once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
Katrina is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The strengths include their coordination. I never experienced a long wait with any appointment. They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
Only for co-pays and for blood work that was sent to the wrong lab.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Brady strongly believes in single embryo transfer and made that clear in our initial IVF consultation...is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting...always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs...Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
[Columbia University is] Organized efficient friendly and well run...The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end...I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits...Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind...The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly...Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr Brady is a confident doctor who immediately put us at ease. She is compassionate, clear and a great communicator. Her bedside manner is wonderful and always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs.
Understand that you are receiving care at a clinic and not a private practice
Dr Brady is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting.
Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR. Once that was determined IUI with trigger was suggested Cycle pushed off several times due to hormonal imbalances Semen analysis MF diagnosis Oral medication trigger IUI resulted in negative Semen analysis One more IUI recommended before moving on resulted in negative Recommendation IVF/ICSI Estrogen patch luteal priming 250 gonal F 225 menopur Trigger Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Initially Karen but now Katrina )
Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Organized efficient friendly and well run The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits
My insurance covered monitoring appointments and blood work as well as IUI All IVF expenses were Out of pocket Retrieval medications genetic testing total of 20K
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Brady was very matter of fact and straightforward but had a great bedside manner once we reached the stage of doing the procedures. I always felt like I was in good hands with her. She's very intelligent and caring and kindly answered every question I had in a very prompt manner...The protocols were not explained to me (wish they had been) and the reasoning for using one drug over another was not explained to me. One downside of the this clinic and doctor...I knew I had a high AMH and produced a large number of eggs. I ended up with 4 embryos sent for testing and 2 genetically normal embryos.
Appointments were always scheduled before 9am weekdays and weekends [at Columbia University]. The waiting room was always absolutely packed but it was run pretty efficiently... the strength was the location and times for scheduling blood draws and procedures and the fact that they accepted my insurance. It was very convenient while working full-time and was located a few blocks from my office. Weakness was that it felt like a baby factory sometimes -- it was constantly packed with patients and at times I felt very rushed. Towards the end of the cycle before I was released, the nurses got to know me and become more friendly and familiar.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
The doctor herself was always very attentive and very quick to respond to emails and questions, but the clinic was run very efficiently which oftentimes made me feel like a number. I often had to be examined by doctors other than Dr. Brady (another doctor did my retrieval) and all communications was via email.
The protocols were not explained to me (wish they had been) and the reasoning for using one drug over another was not explained to me. One downside of the this clinic and doctor. I started the stim cycle with 150 Menopur and 200 Follistim then added 250 Ganirelix on the 5th day, with Lupron trigger 2 days before retrieval. After transfer, I was on 1 ml of progesterone in oil and estradiol 2x daily. I knew I had a high AMH and produced a large number of eggs. I ended up with 4 embryos sent for testing and 2 genetically normal embryos.
My nurse coordinator replied with results via email in a timely manner but in general was all business. I was okay with this but I can see how some patients would prefer a more gentle bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
For me, the strength was the location and times for scheduling blood draws and procedures and the fact that they accepted my insurance. It was very convenient while working full-time and was located a few blocks from my office. Weakness was that it felt like a baby factory sometimes -- it was constantly packed with patients and at times I felt very rushed. Towards the end of the cycle before I was released, the nurses got to know me and become more friendly and familiar.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Appointments were always scheduled before 9am weekdays and weekends. The waiting room was always absolutely packed but it was run pretty efficiently. I never had to wait too long past my appointment time and was in and out quickly.
I was lucky that my insurance covered the vast majority of the IVF procedure. I had to pay about $5000 out of pocket which included the ICSI procedure, genetic testing and embryo freezing.
My very strong preference was for a single embryo transfer, and my doctor agreed with that approach given my age.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Brady took the time to explain to me my options and why she chose the specific route that we ended up taking. She listened to my concerns and showed me genuine care and respect throughout the process. Dr. Brady exudes warmth and compassion unlike other doctors that I have encountered along the way...I felt a sense of calm and trust as soon as I met Dr. Brady. She took the time to listen to my concerns and provided me with innovative approaches that were not offered to me in the first clinic I went to...I have Pcos and responded well to clomid but did not conceive after 4 cycles of clomid/ovadril. My previous doctor was ready to move on to IVF as she felt that iui would be ineffective for us and that it was too dangerous to try as I responded with a large number of follicles to stimulation.
All of the staff [at Columbia University] was so warm, caring and helpful!...The clinic is well organized and highly efficient. I was usually in and out within half an hour from my appointment time for morning monitoring. Additionally each patient is provided with a care team in addition to the doctor (nurse, care coordinator, medication management, billing) with emails and numbers to get in contact with each member...She [Dr. Paula Brady] recommended letrazol/ovadril as research has come out that it is more effective for PCOS patients. Furthermore she projected a plan to try at least 8-12 cycles with oral medication, possibly adding iui at some point before jumping to IVF as we had only tried 4 cycles of medication and it can take people even without any fertility
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is a doctor that genuinely cares and is passionate about what she does. Coming from a different clinic where I felt like a number on a conveyor belt being shuffled around, I felt a sense of calm and trust as soon as I met Dr. Brady. She took the time to listen to my concerns and provided me with innovative approaches that were not offered to me in the first clinic I went to. Dr. Brady's calming and caring personality combined with her up-to-date knowledge and innovative approaches truly set her apart. I strongly feel that being under her care and feeling that trust was a key factor in successful treatment.
Trust her!
Our case was not that involved. I have Pcos and responded well to clomid but did not conceive after 4 cycles of clomid/ovadril. My previous doctor was ready to move on to IVF as she felt that iui would be ineffective for us and that it was too dangerous to try as I responded with a large number of follicles to stimulation. Coming to Dr. Brady, I was fearfully expecting that ivf would be our only option. Dr. Brady not only dispelled that myth, but provided me with an alternate treatment approach. She recommended letrazol/ovadril as research has come out that it is more effective for PCOS patients. Furthermore she projected a plan to try at least 8-12 cycles with oral medication, possibly adding iui at some point before jumping to IVF as we had only tried 4 cycles of medication and it can take people even without any fertility complications more than four cycles of trying to conceive. We are happy to report that are first letrazol/ovadril cycle was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Nurse- Karen, Care Coordinator-Jenny)
All of the staff was so warm, caring and helpful!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together...has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
Monitoring [at Columbia University] occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week...carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I absolutely adore Dr. Brady. She is so thorough and thoughtful, always considering what more we can do to achieve a healthy pregnancy. She treats me as an intellectual equal and answers all my questions without ever rushing me or making me feel like my questions are silly. She was new to the clinic after my first round of IUI and I am so grateful to have switched to her care. I feel like she is fully invested in my case and always up to date on the latest research. Of all the doctors I have seen at the clinic, she is the most warm and personable. I seriously can't say enough about her. She is absolutely the best.
Ask all the fertility questions you have ever had! She will answer all of them!
Dr. Brady has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
With my first round of IUI, the Clomid caused ovarian cysts that took a while to go away. After that she switched me to Letrozole and I had no problem with it. When I began IVF, she monitored my follicles closely and raised the dose of Gonal-f and Menopur as she felt necessary. Considering my low reserve, I had a good egg yield during that cycle so she kept my doses the same during the next one. After my first round of IVF, I waited to do a frozen transfer and it didn't take so after the second round, we did a fresh transfer. All along Dr. Brady has been recommending that we do genetic testing of the embryos but we declined because of cost. In my first pregnancy, we had heard a heartbeat at 7 weeks and everything was proceeding normally. Then, when I went in for my last appointment with the clinic, Dr. Brady discovered at that time that the baby's heart had stopped beating. In disbelief, I asked the next day if she could check again and she invited me in and even had another doctor take a look. She recommended a D&C and testing of the contents of conception. The results of the testing showed that the baby had trisomy 9. I was grateful to know this as it helped bring closure to the loss. After that, Dr. Brady proceeded with additional testing (including additional blood panels and an endometrial biopsy) to make sure we cover all our bases before doing another transfer. I just lost my second pregnancy very suddenly at 6 weeks and when I informed Dr. Brady, she asked me to bring in the tissue I had passed so she could send it off for testing. She wants to schedule a meeting with my husband and I next week to discuss additional genetic testing and how we can try to prevent additional miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen was my nurse until she left just recently. She always provided very clear instructions and seemed very caring. Her replacement seems a little less warm and less clear about instructions but I will see how she does moving forward.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I was a new patient, the clinic was just moving to a newly renovated penthouse office in the same building. The new clinic carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
Monitoring is super easy and fast. Monitoring occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week. I am particularly grateful for the early hours because it takes at least 45 minutes to get from the clinic to my school (I am a teacher) and I can still make it to work on time if I go in at 7am. Since everyone at the clinic is always so pleasant and friendly, it's not a bad way to start the day. They really make it painless to have to get up a little earlier to go to a monitoring appointment before work.
Each procedure has been different so it's difficult to say what each cost has been. Also, my insurance covers some parts of treatment. So far, we have spent around $5,000 total.
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together so I am going to follow up with her about that the next time I see her.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Brady was always attentive and gave full responses to all my questions. She would always respond to all my emails even on after hours. She was always personal and super sweet.... Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
We had an amazing experience. First of all the whole place had a positive and light energy. The entire stuff was always smiling. We never had to wait to long or be confused on what's next. After such outstanding level of care and professionalism I decide to switch all my doctors to Columbia doctors!...The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
We didn’t know what to expect when we first decided to go to the fertility center. But honestly it all went so smooth and hustle free. I had no confusion I knew what to do next every step of the way. This was probably the most non-overwhelming doctor experience I ever had. After several months we had a successful IVF in the first try :) Every doctor we worked with was incredible but our favorite by far was Dr Brady. We are definitely coming back for baby #2 :) Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
Dr Paula is fantastic but regardless of the doctor it is still lengthy and emotionally draining procedure. Just be patient it won't happen over night.
Everybody is different and after several IUIs and continuously monitoring my ovulation we learnt some things about my body which helped us to address when we arrived to the final step IVF.
The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for me. No stress no confusion. All my emails and questions were answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Our insurance covered 95% of everything. We only had to pay some small fees here and there.
I agree with the hospital's policy, multiple embryo transfer may cause complications. One healthy baby at a time.

Anovulation, Unexplained
If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility...she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer...encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.
The clinic [Columbia University] is very clean, organized, and punctual. They do a nice job accommodating everyone and keeping everyone aware about what is happening as well as encouraged for positive future outcomes. Compared to other fertility clinics, Columbia University Center for Infertility has a very welcoming atmosphere and tries to keep everyone up to speed about what each new process entails...The nursing staff at Columbia always acts very upbeat, kind, and friendly. They are always super supportive which is helpful since infertility is very draining.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is an amazingly bright doctor who always keeps her patient's interests/desires in mind. She strives to keep her patients informed and always responds very promptly to any questions that I had throughout this wild IVF process. If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility. She makes her patients feel confident that every choice she is making is the right one because she is so savvy about the world of infertility.
Listen to any and all advice Dr. Brady has for you. Even if your timeline of becoming a parent gets thrown off for some reason, you can wholeheartedly trust what she decides to do because she always has your best interest in mind and she also considers all possibilities to ensure you will successfully become a parent one day.
Dr. Brady makes sure to take the time to thoroughly explain everything that my body was going through which totally helped me understand the process. She treats her patients with so much care and devotion. She makes the complex and stressful infertility process more manageable because she is so thoughtful and genuine about how to approach everything.
Dr. Brady adjusted the meds I had been taking during my egg retrieval based on how effective they were. I ended up having a retrieval after about a week on the injections which I was thankful for because it was nice to stop those sooner than later (even though I understand how they act differently on different people). Dr. Brady has ensured that our healthy embryos have successfully frozen so she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen Tom)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very clean, organized, and punctual. They do a nice job accommodating everyone and keeping everyone aware about what is happening as well as encouraged for positive future outcomes. Compared to other fertility clinics, Columbia University Center for Infertility has a very welcoming atmosphere and tries to keep everyone up to speed about what each new process entails.
With my insurance, I had $30 copay every visit. I have not completed the entire cycle yet so I am unsure how much the whole IVF will cost. It did cost us $4000 to have our embryos analyzed though.
Dr. Brady encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos...I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs...the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take...This place was a well oiled machine! Everything was pretty organized and you never really waited that long. After a certain time, you can’t get through to them through the main line. Having your nurses email and direct line is really important. The location was super practical for me with the frequent visits too.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was the kind of doctor that worked so hard for the positive outcome that she would change her own schedule around to make sure she was there for each milestone. She would reply to emails so quickly it blew my mind away! She was an absolute joy to work with and I would definitely go see her again for my second child.
Go see her NOW!
Dr. Brady was so warm. She remembered details about me from visit to visit, always had a smile on and took the time to answer my questions.
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos. I didn’t understand why as I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs (a really good number I thought). Also, the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
The nursing staff was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
My care was covered by insurance. I paid very little OOP.
+ Read more- Read less
The first visit with Dr. Brady was very informative and she performed my first IUI. After that all procedures were done by technicians and IUI's done by different Dr's. I was only able to speak with my nurse moving forward and found it hard to communicate with my Dr.... I didn't like that there was no follow up from her after each on of my IUI's. No firther review as I only sat with her once, and she only did one out of three IUI's.
The front desk staff, medical assistants and ultra sound techs [at Columbia U] were super friendly and upbeat. The clinic itself ran on time. Appointments were taken as they were set. I didn't like that my Dr. didn't preform my iui's and it felt like I was just another number by iui #3. By IUI #3 a Dr was no longer doing my follow up ultrasounds and I was assigned to a tech. The great thing about the technicians was that they were more informative than the Dr's.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She was super informative during the consultation. She had a great bedside manner. I didn't like that there was no follow up from her after each on of my IUI's. No firther review as I only sat with her once, and she only did one out of three IUI's.
She is super informative, but you will not see her during visits.
First round of IUI I was given clomid and ovedril. Second and third IUI's was given letrozole and ovedril, as the clomid had thinned my uterus.
She was super professional but no bedside manner what so ever.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The front desk staff, medical assistants and ultra sound techs were super friendly and upbeat. The clinic itself ran on time. Appointments were taken as they were set. I didn't like that my Dr. didn't preform my iui's and it felt like I was just another number by iui #3. By IUI #3 a Dr was no longer doing my follow up ultrasounds and I was assigned to a tech. The great thing about the technicians was that they were more informative than the Dr's.
Each IUI ran about $700
+ Read more- Read less

Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she [Dr. Paula Brady] wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.... She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions...She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered...Early morning monitoring appointments worked well in this office. It was never a long wait to be seen by the doctor or the lab...I had a great experience with this clinic and I also chose to see them given I'm a patient of Columbia University. The staff at the clinic is friendly, responsive, prompt and you are always seeing right on time (helps when scheduling around your appointments).
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
From day one, Dr Brady made me feel comfortable and took the time to answer all my questions. She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
Dr Brady never made me feel that my questions are too much so please ask away so you are well informed of the process and what you can expect.
We immediately made us feel at ease in her care from Day 1. She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions.
Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.
The nursing staff is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We planned to transfer one egg based on my age (coincidentally I only had one normal egg to use).
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Brady has been patient with my questions and has made herself available to myself and my partner whenever we have questions or concerns.... She diagnosed me with PCOS and the analyzed my husband to ensure there were no male factors. There weren’t so we are proceeding with treating my PCOS. She started me on a low dose of letrezole to get me to ovulate and the first cycle went as planned but did not result in a pregnancy. We are now trying again.
The nursing staff [Columbia University] is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.... The clinic has been great so far. I have no other fertility clinic experiences to compare t to, but it far exceeds my experiences with other doctors offices. They are friendly, responsive, and prompt.... I have my copay at each visit and the rest gets billed to insurance. So far, I have not seen a bill except from the labs.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She hears my concerns and makes me feel comfortable by explaining the plan and why she has chosen that specific plan for my partner and me. Though we haven’t see. Her for many cycles, she has proven that she is invested in our future pregnancy.
I would advise to trust her but at the same time, not be afraid to ask questions. She can be short because she is confident and knows what she’s doing, but you may require further explanation and details. She has never made me feel that my questions are too much.
The nursing staff is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This is not applicable to me
+ Read more- Read less

She is very smart. She has a calming manner that right away relaxes you. She can be straightforward and tell you what you need to hear. She mentioned losing weight would be helpful. Dr. Brady goes through every detail with you. When you leave a visit you feel like all your questions were answered. She didnt give us false hope but she was encouraging. She has a lot of patience.... She recommended we try letrozole over clomid because I have pcos.
[Columbia University] is clean and pretty. The front staff are kind. The medical assistants can be a bit rough and cold sometimes. The other doctors that did monitoring for me were really nice and friendly. It is close the train at Columbia Circle so really easy to get their by public transportation.... My care coordinator was super incredible. When I called and burst out crying she took the time to talk to me and calm me down. She called me two days later just to check up and see how I'm doing even though my nurse already called me.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very smart. She has a calming manner that right away relaxes you. She can be straightforward and tell you what you need to hear. She mentioned losing weight would be helpful. Dr. Brady goes through every detail with you. When you leave a visit you feel like all your questions were answered. She didnt give us false hope but she was encouraging. She has a lot of patience. I had a million questions and she never made me feel like I was taking too much of her time.
She isn't the most warm but she does care.
She was always empathetic. She isn't super warm but you can tell she cares about you.
She first sent us to do s lot of testing to rule out any other diagnoses. She recommended we try letrozole over clomid because I have pcos.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The client is clean and pretty. The front staff are kind. The medical assistants can be a bit rough and cold sometimes. The other doctors that did monitoring for me were really nice and friendly. It is close the train at Columbia Circle so really easy to get their by public transportation.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
2019 - 2020
Given my age, Dr. Paula Brady decided to go for a single embryo transfer as it is safer... is an amazing doctor, with really good bedside manners. She was always available and reverted back to my questions even at odd times during the day. She was always supportive and guided me in the right direction through every cycle. She always gave me full support throughout the entire journey...Just be open with her and open to discuss your concerns with her.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility Services] is amazing they have all the facilities and great infrastructure and all the doctors and staff are amazing. They make sure that the patient is comfortable during the entire treatment process and every doctor communicates fully with you...The nursing staff is amazing and very communicate and get back to you very quickly...Given my age, Dr. Paula Brady decided to go for a single embryo transfer as it is safer.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Advanced Fertility Services?
She has really good bedside manners. She is always supportive and will give you complete time and will listen to all your concerns and provides you with adequate responses. She is always very patient and lets you take the time to decide on the course of the treatment and adjust to the changes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Advanced Fertility Services?
Just be open with her and open to discuss your concerns with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Advanced Fertility Services?
Dr. Paula C. Brady is an amazing doctor, with really good bedside manners. She was always available and reverted back to my questions even at odd times during the day. She was always supportive and guided me in the right direction through every cycle. She always gave me full support throughout the entire journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Services. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong )
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Services.
The clinic is amazing they have all the facilities and great infrastructure and all the doctors and staff are amazing. They make sure that the patient is comfortable during the entire treatment process and every doctor communicates fully with you.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Fertility Services.
Advanced Fertility Services
2019 - 2020
Dr Brady has a great way of communicating in context. It's overwhelming information and she helped me understand my results, things to expect, etc. I always felt heard and understood...I've never had a doctor take the time and be so available. She answered all my questions and most of the time got ahead of them. She was extremely accommodating and understanding to any requests I had. Above all, she felt like a partner - I trusted her and felt like she really cared...
The staff [at Columbia University] is awesome. My primary care team was always accessible, got answers for me fast and were incredibly friendly...The only additional cost I paid for was elective genetic screening. Everything else was covered under my insurance...The clinic is run really efficiently. I never waited more than 5/10 minutes. Appointment times were easy to get and everyone from front desk, to nurses to doctors were incredibly nice and caring. The financial counselors were also incredible. They worked directly with my insurance and I really had very little to do on my own. They really know what they're doing and in an environment where timing is everything, they get it done.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen Tom and Destiny Franklin )
The staff is awesome. My primary care team was always accessible, got answers for me fast and were incredibly friendly.
+ Read more- Read less
Being under [Dr. Paula Brady's] care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family...most importantly, explained everything in clear terms...She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment...She’s more than just a great physician.
[Columbia U is a] Beautiful place with great atmosphere and wonderful staff! Each and every person I came across was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. Weekend hours for lab and monitoring is a great plus...My Patient Care Coordinator was very professional and very thorough. She took care of every need or request. Every call got returned and every email was responded to. All in very timely fashion. Everyone from the front desk receptionists to the nursing/lab staff was simply delightful. Always professional & uplifting. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Being under Dr. Brady’ care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family.
She’s more than just a great physician. She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment.
Dr. Brady really made us feel cared for throughout our entire journey. Always kind, knowledgeable, and most importantly, explained everything in clear terms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny Franklin)

14 Eggs Frozen
Dr Brady explained egg freezing clearly, and related it to my personal situation and medical issues. Her staff knew me too and was always very responsive to my needs. ... Dr Brady made me feel comfortable, and took time to answer all my questions. She made a plan specific to me, and talked me through what to expect, and answered my emails quickly, as did her nurse. She took time to update me during testing visits when I saw her.
The clinic [Columbia University] is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything ... My nurse met with me a few times to sign paperwork and show me how to use the medications. Dr Brady’s staff always got back to me right away when I needed something.
14 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Egg freezing, with adjustments to doses and adding an additional medication before starting, after what she saw in my first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything, and confident with Dr Brady’s care.
Covered by insurance/my job
+ Read more- Read less

While I haven’t seen her for very long, she immediately made my husband and I feel comfortable in her care. She is very knowledgeable but still took the time to confer with her colleagues about some rare situations with our case and let us know that. Dr. Brady always answers emails and phone calls the same day, no matter how many times we email or how many questions we ask!... Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
This clinic [Columbia University] has been amazing! They are very helpful and easy to reach. While it can be very crowded on the weekend for morning monitoring, during the week monitoring goes very quickly and is easy to schedule.... Very quick and thorough in communication!... Dr. Brady always answers emails and phone calls the same day, no matter how many times we email or how many questions we ask!... Do not hesitate to email her
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
She is very personable and answers emails and phone calls very quickly.
Very quick and thorough in communication!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This clinic has been amazing! They are very helpful and easy to reach. While it can be very crowded on the weekend for morning monitoring, during the week monitoring goes very quickly and is easy to schedule.

27 Eggs Frozen
Cancer
Dr. Brady kept in great touch with me throughout, was very personal, and was very attuned to the unique concerns my oncological situation presented...was wonderful - communicative, sensitive, and her personality is not extreme in any direction: she didn't sugarcoat anything, but also was appropriately excited for me when sharing that my reserve amounts were high or that my egg retrieval had gone well...Even though fertility processes need to run on a strict schedule, I did not feel like a number or statistic while there. Very patient-focused
Everyone I encountered at Columbia Fertility was great. They made what was a difficult process for me (I have breast cancer and never would have otherwise been there seeking their services) easy and as painless as possible...they helped me apply to programs that give cancer patients the necessary medications for free...Organized, clean, friendly, barely ever waited at all. Even though fertility processes need to run on a strict schedule, I did not feel like a number or statistic while there. Very patient-focused clinic.
27 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was wonderful - communicative, sensitive, and her personality is not extreme in any direction: she didn't sugarcoat anything, but also was appropriately excited for me when sharing that my reserve amounts were high or that my egg retrieval had gone well.
Nothing really, she was great.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda; Sherry)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Very few, because my insurance covered it and they helped me apply to programs that give cancer patients the necessary medications for free.

8 Eggs Frozen
Cancer
[Dr. Paula Brady] Monitored me very closely to ensure proper course of actions with injections and medication...was very personable and compassionate...was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process...She’s very caring and helpful...From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda [nurses], truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier...The clinic was very efficient in getting patients in and out of the office for appointments and they were very accommodating with your schedule. Everything from the reception to the patient rooms to blood work area were well organized and very clean.
8 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process.
She’s very caring and helpful.
Dr. Brady was very personable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda and Sherry )
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda, truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Out of pocket. Insurance did not cover my procedure.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Brady is a talented doctor and is clearly devoted to her profession and her patients. She always took the time (even on her busiest days) to answer all of my questions clearly and directly. She has great bedside manner and a calming personality... I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart...She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success...Don't hesitate to ask questions. She's busy and knows what she's doing, but will absolutely take the time to explain if you ask.
Overall the clinic [Columbia University] is very efficient. They work hard to accommodate schedules, work with insurance, and field questions. The staff is wonderful and warm. Don't hesitate to ask questions and advocate for yourself...Dr. Brady is a talented doctor and is clearly devoted to her profession and her patients. She always took the time (even on her busiest days) to answer all of my questions clearly and directly. She has great bedside manner and a calming personality...I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart. She always took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I had a somewhat unsettling experience with another doctor in the practice before becoming a patient of Dr. Brady's. I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart. She always took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success.
Letrozole, IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Excellent
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall the clinic is very efficient. They work hard to accommodate schedules, work with insurance, and field questions. The staff is wonderful and warm. Don't hesitate to ask questions and advocate for yourself.