Medical SchoolColumbia
ResidencyHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital
FellowshipHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paula Brady to a friend?

9.8

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back.... I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail.
The facilities at Columbia IVF are clean, well-designed and very organized. The staff including nurses and secretaries are polite and responsive to patients' needs. The physicians I saw at the clinic were excellent both in terms of clinical competence and bedside manner. The embryologists I met were professional and careful in their handling of my embryo from what I saw during my transfer.... PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back. I did not have Dr. Brady do the egg retrieval because of a conflict in my work schedule, but she did do the egg transfer. I was extremely nervous about the transfer because I ended up with only 1 genetically normal embryo after PGS screening, but I was impressed with how carefully and smoothly she preformed the transfer. The embryo ended up implanting, and I am now in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I would advise patients in general to ask their IVF doctor about their chances for success with each cycle given their individual circumstances. We did not discuss this in too much detail, and I did not think to push for more information on my chances of success because I was so focused on just starting treatment. I was 38yo when I did the egg retrieval. 12 eggs were retrieved, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos made it to day 5 and only 1 embryo was genetically normal after screening. I was surprised and disappointed that this was considered a good result for my age. I was expecting and hoping to have at least 2-3 good embryos. Every doctor wants to paint the most optimistic picture possible so I think it's important to ask about the worst outcomes too so you can prepare yourself and not be overly disappointed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I found Dr. Brady to be warm, empathetic and patient, and I felt very comfortable under her care. I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail. She would also call me directly herself with any important news and offer to talk about anything I wanted over the phone if email wasn't sufficient.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Gonadal F (225 IU), Menopur (225 IU) and Ovidrel were used for egg retrieval. To prepare for the transfer I took estradiol 2mg BID and progesterone IM injections nightly. I continued the estradiol and progesterone injections until the 10th week of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
The nurses explained the instructions well both verbally and through email. They were responsive to any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled for a specific time, but they were flexible at the same time. So if I needed an earlier appointment, they would easily accommodate that. I would typically get there at 7am, and my wait would be no more than 10-20min.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750. The rest was covered under insurance and required $50 copay for each clinic visit.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
We only had one good embryo, so we did not have any other choices. But Dr. Brady said that she would still prefer eSET in my case any way.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Paula Brady] used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month...she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process...transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us...She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
The clinic [Columbia University] is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline...She [nurse] followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible...used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I wish I could rate her on a scale having numbers way greater than 10. She is above any scale that can measure her professionalism, dedication, commitment, concern, care and love for her patients. She studies her patients in depth and personalize the treatment based on each individual as she does not consider her patients as a number but as a human, who needs special care and attention. She would never ignore even the slightest of issues you are facing while going through the treatment. Throughout the process, I emailed her quite frequently on very basic issues and she would always address them in a polite way and often, I would receive a call from her personally addressing the issue. She makes the patients very comfortable, for example, I was having pain of injections and she resolved it in a very effective way. She takes the patient along on what is best for the patient professionally and she guides the patient on each and every issue although I know that most clinics and doctors never go in such details. We saw many fertility doctors for the last eleven years and went through many fertility treatments and emotional traumas and for most of the doctors, I was just a number and in time of failure, it was quite casual for them. However, Dr. Brady addresses very minute details like daily scans and readings quite seriously and would discuss with us. She is a very knowledgeable doctor and knows her work very well and then take her patients along that plan.
I would advise to trust Dr. Brady as she knows her work, being competent and knowledgeable and follow her each and every instruction very religiously, including timings and all other dos and dont's.
Dr. Brady is an excellent consultant and above all, a wonderful human being. She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
She used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
She followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline.
The doctor transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us and we had no issue with that.
Columbia University

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University.

2018 - 2020
Dr Brady strongly believes in single embryo transfer and made that clear in our initial IVF consultation...is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting...always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs...Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
[Columbia University is] Organized efficient friendly and well run...The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end...I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits...Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind...The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly...Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR.
2018 - 2020
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr Brady is a confident doctor who immediately put us at ease. She is compassionate, clear and a great communicator. Her bedside manner is wonderful and always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs.
Understand that you are receiving care at a clinic and not a private practice
Dr Brady is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting.
Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR. Once that was determined IUI with trigger was suggested Cycle pushed off several times due to hormonal imbalances Semen analysis MF diagnosis Oral medication trigger IUI resulted in negative Semen analysis One more IUI recommended before moving on resulted in negative Recommendation IVF/ICSI Estrogen patch luteal priming 250 gonal F 225 menopur Trigger Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Initially Karen but now Katrina )
Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Organized efficient friendly and well run The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits
My insurance covered monitoring appointments and blood work as well as IUI All IVF expenses were Out of pocket Retrieval medications genetic testing total of 20K

2020
We only met [Dr. Paula Brady] once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity...she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
Katrina [nurse at Columbia University] is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it...They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
2020
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Again, I only saw her once and she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
If you want to have more direct interaction with her, you should voice this early on. This way if she cannot oblige, you know from the onset and can make an informed decision.
We only met once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
Katrina is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The strengths include their coordination. I never experienced a long wait with any appointment. They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
Only for co-pays and for blood work that was sent to the wrong lab.
Columbia University
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together...has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
Monitoring [at Columbia University] occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week...carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I absolutely adore Dr. Brady. She is so thorough and thoughtful, always considering what more we can do to achieve a healthy pregnancy. She treats me as an intellectual equal and answers all my questions without ever rushing me or making me feel like my questions are silly. She was new to the clinic after my first round of IUI and I am so grateful to have switched to her care. I feel like she is fully invested in my case and always up to date on the latest research. Of all the doctors I have seen at the clinic, she is the most warm and personable. I seriously can't say enough about her. She is absolutely the best.
Ask all the fertility questions you have ever had! She will answer all of them!
Dr. Brady has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
With my first round of IUI, the Clomid caused ovarian cysts that took a while to go away. After that she switched me to Letrozole and I had no problem with it. When I began IVF, she monitored my follicles closely and raised the dose of Gonal-f and Menopur as she felt necessary. Considering my low reserve, I had a good egg yield during that cycle so she kept my doses the same during the next one. After my first round of IVF, I waited to do a frozen transfer and it didn't take so after the second round, we did a fresh transfer. All along Dr. Brady has been recommending that we do genetic testing of the embryos but we declined because of cost. In my first pregnancy, we had heard a heartbeat at 7 weeks and everything was proceeding normally. Then, when I went in for my last appointment with the clinic, Dr. Brady discovered at that time that the baby's heart had stopped beating. In disbelief, I asked the next day if she could check again and she invited me in and even had another doctor take a look. She recommended a D&C and testing of the contents of conception. The results of the testing showed that the baby had trisomy 9. I was grateful to know this as it helped bring closure to the loss. After that, Dr. Brady proceeded with additional testing (including additional blood panels and an endometrial biopsy) to make sure we cover all our bases before doing another transfer. I just lost my second pregnancy very suddenly at 6 weeks and when I informed Dr. Brady, she asked me to bring in the tissue I had passed so she could send it off for testing. She wants to schedule a meeting with my husband and I next week to discuss additional genetic testing and how we can try to prevent additional miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen was my nurse until she left just recently. She always provided very clear instructions and seemed very caring. Her replacement seems a little less warm and less clear about instructions but I will see how she does moving forward.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I was a new patient, the clinic was just moving to a newly renovated penthouse office in the same building. The new clinic carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
Monitoring is super easy and fast. Monitoring occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week. I am particularly grateful for the early hours because it takes at least 45 minutes to get from the clinic to my school (I am a teacher) and I can still make it to work on time if I go in at 7am. Since everyone at the clinic is always so pleasant and friendly, it's not a bad way to start the day. They really make it painless to have to get up a little earlier to go to a monitoring appointment before work.
Each procedure has been different so it's difficult to say what each cost has been. Also, my insurance covers some parts of treatment. So far, we have spent around $5,000 total.
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together so I am going to follow up with her about that the next time I see her.
Columbia University

Dr Brady was always attentive and gave full responses to all my questions. She would always respond to all my emails even on after hours. She was always personal and super sweet.... Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
We had an amazing experience. First of all the whole place had a positive and light energy. The entire stuff was always smiling. We never had to wait to long or be confused on what's next. After such outstanding level of care and professionalism I decide to switch all my doctors to Columbia doctors!...The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
We didn’t know what to expect when we first decided to go to the fertility center. But honestly it all went so smooth and hustle free. I had no confusion I knew what to do next every step of the way. This was probably the most non-overwhelming doctor experience I ever had. After several months we had a successful IVF in the first try :) Every doctor we worked with was incredible but our favorite by far was Dr Brady. We are definitely coming back for baby #2 :) Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
Dr Paula is fantastic but regardless of the doctor it is still lengthy and emotionally draining procedure. Just be patient it won't happen over night.
Everybody is different and after several IUIs and continuously monitoring my ovulation we learnt some things about my body which helped us to address when we arrived to the final step IVF.
The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for me. No stress no confusion. All my emails and questions were answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Our insurance covered 95% of everything. We only had to pay some small fees here and there.
I agree with the hospital's policy, multiple embryo transfer may cause complications. One healthy baby at a time.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos...I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs...the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take...This place was a well oiled machine! Everything was pretty organized and you never really waited that long. After a certain time, you can’t get through to them through the main line. Having your nurses email and direct line is really important. The location was super practical for me with the frequent visits too.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was the kind of doctor that worked so hard for the positive outcome that she would change her own schedule around to make sure she was there for each milestone. She would reply to emails so quickly it blew my mind away! She was an absolute joy to work with and I would definitely go see her again for my second child.
Go see her NOW!
Dr. Brady was so warm. She remembered details about me from visit to visit, always had a smile on and took the time to answer my questions.
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos. I didn’t understand why as I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs (a really good number I thought). Also, the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
The nursing staff was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
My care was covered by insurance. I paid very little OOP.
Columbia University
The first visit with Dr. Brady was very informative and she performed my first IUI. After that all procedures were done by technicians and IUI's done by different Dr's. I was only able to speak with my nurse moving forward and found it hard to communicate with my Dr.... I didn't like that there was no follow up from her after each on of my IUI's. No firther review as I only sat with her once, and she only did one out of three IUI's.
The front desk staff, medical assistants and ultra sound techs [at Columbia U] were super friendly and upbeat. The clinic itself ran on time. Appointments were taken as they were set. I didn't like that my Dr. didn't preform my iui's and it felt like I was just another number by iui #3. By IUI #3 a Dr was no longer doing my follow up ultrasounds and I was assigned to a tech. The great thing about the technicians was that they were more informative than the Dr's.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She was super informative during the consultation. She had a great bedside manner. I didn't like that there was no follow up from her after each on of my IUI's. No firther review as I only sat with her once, and she only did one out of three IUI's.
She is super informative, but you will not see her during visits.
First round of IUI I was given clomid and ovedril. Second and third IUI's was given letrozole and ovedril, as the clomid had thinned my uterus.
She was super professional but no bedside manner what so ever.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The front desk staff, medical assistants and ultra sound techs were super friendly and upbeat. The clinic itself ran on time. Appointments were taken as they were set. I didn't like that my Dr. didn't preform my iui's and it felt like I was just another number by iui #3. By IUI #3 a Dr was no longer doing my follow up ultrasounds and I was assigned to a tech. The great thing about the technicians was that they were more informative than the Dr's.
Each IUI ran about $700
Columbia University

Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she [Dr. Paula Brady] wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.... She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions...She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered...Early morning monitoring appointments worked well in this office. It was never a long wait to be seen by the doctor or the lab...I had a great experience with this clinic and I also chose to see them given I'm a patient of Columbia University. The staff at the clinic is friendly, responsive, prompt and you are always seeing right on time (helps when scheduling around your appointments).
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
From day one, Dr Brady made me feel comfortable and took the time to answer all my questions. She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
Dr Brady never made me feel that my questions are too much so please ask away so you are well informed of the process and what you can expect.
We immediately made us feel at ease in her care from Day 1. She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions.
Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.
The nursing staff is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We planned to transfer one egg based on my age (coincidentally I only had one normal egg to use).
Columbia University

Dr Brady has been patient with my questions and has made herself available to myself and my partner whenever we have questions or concerns.... She diagnosed me with PCOS and the analyzed my husband to ensure there were no male factors. There weren’t so we are proceeding with treating my PCOS. She started me on a low dose of letrezole to get me to ovulate and the first cycle went as planned but did not result in a pregnancy. We are now trying again.
The nursing staff [Columbia University] is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.... The clinic has been great so far. I have no other fertility clinic experiences to compare t to, but it far exceeds my experiences with other doctors offices. They are friendly, responsive, and prompt.... I have my copay at each visit and the rest gets billed to insurance. So far, I have not seen a bill except from the labs.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She hears my concerns and makes me feel comfortable by explaining the plan and why she has chosen that specific plan for my partner and me. Though we haven’t see. Her for many cycles, she has proven that she is invested in our future pregnancy.
I would advise to trust her but at the same time, not be afraid to ask questions. She can be short because she is confident and knows what she’s doing, but you may require further explanation and details. She has never made me feel that my questions are too much.
The nursing staff is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This is not applicable to me
Columbia University

She is very smart. She has a calming manner that right away relaxes you. She can be straightforward and tell you what you need to hear. She mentioned losing weight would be helpful. Dr. Brady goes through every detail with you. When you leave a visit you feel like all your questions were answered. She didnt give us false hope but she was encouraging. She has a lot of patience.... She recommended we try letrozole over clomid because I have pcos.
[Columbia University] is clean and pretty. The front staff are kind. The medical assistants can be a bit rough and cold sometimes. The other doctors that did monitoring for me were really nice and friendly. It is close the train at Columbia Circle so really easy to get their by public transportation.... My care coordinator was super incredible. When I called and burst out crying she took the time to talk to me and calm me down. She called me two days later just to check up and see how I'm doing even though my nurse already called me.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very smart. She has a calming manner that right away relaxes you. She can be straightforward and tell you what you need to hear. She mentioned losing weight would be helpful. Dr. Brady goes through every detail with you. When you leave a visit you feel like all your questions were answered. She didnt give us false hope but she was encouraging. She has a lot of patience. I had a million questions and she never made me feel like I was taking too much of her time.
She isn't the most warm but she does care.
She was always empathetic. She isn't super warm but you can tell she cares about you.
She first sent us to do s lot of testing to rule out any other diagnoses. She recommended we try letrozole over clomid because I have pcos.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The client is clean and pretty. The front staff are kind. The medical assistants can be a bit rough and cold sometimes. The other doctors that did monitoring for me were really nice and friendly. It is close the train at Columbia Circle so really easy to get their by public transportation.
2019 - 2020
Given my age, Dr. Paula Brady decided to go for a single embryo transfer as it is safer... is an amazing doctor, with really good bedside manners. She was always available and reverted back to my questions even at odd times during the day. She was always supportive and guided me in the right direction through every cycle. She always gave me full support throughout the entire journey...Just be open with her and open to discuss your concerns with her.
The clinic [Columbia University] is amazing they have all the facilities and great infrastructure and all the doctors and staff are amazing. They make sure that the patient is comfortable during the entire treatment process and every doctor communicates fully with you...The nursing staff is amazing and very communicate and get back to you very quickly...Given my age, Dr. Paula Brady decided to go for a single embryo transfer as it is safer.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She has really good bedside manners. She is always supportive and will give you complete time and will listen to all your concerns and provides you with adequate responses. She is always very patient and lets you take the time to decide on the course of the treatment and adjust to the changes.
Just be open with her and open to discuss your concerns with her.
Dr. Paula C. Brady is an amazing doctor, with really good bedside manners. She was always available and reverted back to my questions even at odd times during the day. She was always supportive and guided me in the right direction through every cycle. She always gave me full support throughout the entire journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong )
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is amazing they have all the facilities and great infrastructure and all the doctors and staff are amazing. They make sure that the patient is comfortable during the entire treatment process and every doctor communicates fully with you.
Columbia University
Being under [Dr. Paula Brady's] care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family...most importantly, explained everything in clear terms...She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment...She’s more than just a great physician.
[Columbia U is a] Beautiful place with great atmosphere and wonderful staff! Each and every person I came across was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. Weekend hours for lab and monitoring is a great plus...My Patient Care Coordinator was very professional and very thorough. She took care of every need or request. Every call got returned and every email was responded to. All in very timely fashion. Everyone from the front desk receptionists to the nursing/lab staff was simply delightful. Always professional & uplifting. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Being under Dr. Brady’ care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family.
She’s more than just a great physician. She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment.
Dr. Brady really made us feel cared for throughout our entire journey. Always kind, knowledgeable, and most importantly, explained everything in clear terms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny Franklin)

14 Eggs Frozen
Dr Brady explained egg freezing clearly, and related it to my personal situation and medical issues. Her staff knew me too and was always very responsive to my needs. ... Dr Brady made me feel comfortable, and took time to answer all my questions. She made a plan specific to me, and talked me through what to expect, and answered my emails quickly, as did her nurse. She took time to update me during testing visits when I saw her.
The clinic [Columbia University] is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything ... My nurse met with me a few times to sign paperwork and show me how to use the medications. Dr Brady’s staff always got back to me right away when I needed something.
14 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Egg freezing, with adjustments to doses and adding an additional medication before starting, after what she saw in my first cycle.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything, and confident with Dr Brady’s care.
Covered by insurance/my job

3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Ask as many questions as you like- Dr. Brady and her team were quick to respond with understandable information, from everything from process to financials...is a great balance of smart/factual with empathetic and understanding. I felt that our plan was mapped out in detail and rarely were we left with questions/not understanding how everything worked in terms of process.
Dr. Brady and her team [at Columbia University] were quick to respond with understandable information, from everything from process to financials...[nurses were] Always in good, uplifting moods and extremely helpful whether via email or in-person. I felt cared for and received a personalized service vs. feeling like a number.
3 Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is a great balance of smart/factual with empathetic and understanding. I felt that our plan was mapped out in detail and rarely were we left with questions/not understanding how everything worked in terms of process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Very organized, well run clinic with smart, compassionate staff. Easy to work around scheduling and conflicts and speedy monitoring appointments . Always felt in the know with what was happening with process and next steps.
Columbia University
With Dr. Brady, I felt heard. She showed a lot of care and attention, and shared my sadness with a negative outcome. I felt like she was on top of my care, and replied quickly to my emails, and made sure the team followed through with plans...4 cycles of clomid with ovidril and IUI. She increased my clomid dose during treatment.
[Columbia University is a] Very pretty, newly renovated clinic, where everyone is really nice and well organized. Everything was very efficient, and I could always reach my team. Insurance approval took a while but that's not their fault...The team was amazing. They were always available and got back to me quickly. Katrina was really clear in her instructions.
European, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was personable and kind from the outset. She remembered where I worked and asked me about it. She was responsive to my questions by email and got right back to me.
Copays only
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
One prescription was sent in late, but I got it in time. Just took a little while to sort out that day.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Great track record and highly experienced doctors and nurses [at Columbia University] Professional and pleasant facility with the top notch equipment. Convenient location with very good protocols during COVID to keep patients safe. There are specialized team members helping with the insurance. The whole process has been well organized and seamless...Dr. Brady has been amazing! She is knowledgeable, patient and compassionate. She would explain my situations and treatment plans in detail. She is very responsive and would answer any questions my husband and I had. She and her team made us feel comfortable and supported throughout the whole process. I highly recommend Dr. Brady and her team. We will definitely go back to her for our next one!
$500K+
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Feel free to ask any questions or express any concerns to Dr. Brady so you can minimize concerns and surprises
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Great track record and highly experienced doctors and nurses. Professional and pleasant facility with the top notch equipment. Convenient location with very good protocols during COVID to keep patients safe. There are specialized team members helping with the insurance. The whole process has been well organized and seamless.
We didn't do multiple embryo transfer because Dr. Brady recommended not to. I understood her concerns but to be honest I would really like to do multiple embryo transfer for my next pregnancy given what we had experienced this time. (nothing negative at all, just want to increase our chances)

2019 - 2020
I have nothing but good things to say about Columbia nurses, care coordinators and other staff. They have some of the best phlebotomists. If you decide to go there ask for Jenny, you can't feel anything when she draws your blood!! I was very happy with this clinic and highly recommend it...This is a very nice, clean clinic with very friendly staff. I can't think of any weaknesses and highly recommend this clinic.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I started my IVF journey at RMA New York and after 8 months I decided to leave RMA. At RMA all they wanted to do was to make money out of ER and ET cycles. I am a physician myself, at RMA New York, contrary to good practice, there was essentially no thought process behind anything they did, the advice was not tailored to the specific needs of my case but merely a standard procedure and response was provided to all issues. After multiple failures at RMA, we decided to transfer to Dr. Brady and that was our best decision. Dr. Brady is not only very knowledgeable but also very engaged and caring. She explained everything very clearly and practice data based medicine. She is focused on achieving the best outcome not just performing procedures, for example she will stop cycles if your hormones are not in the correct range. After our first transfer failed, Dr Brady recommended a few diagnostic procedures to increase our chance of pregnancy for the next IVF cycle. The IVF journey is very emotionally taxing and having a knowledgable, engaged and caring physician is what you need. I highly recommend Dr. Brady.
You are in good hands!! I would recommend Dr Brady without any reservation.
I started my IVF journey at RMA New York and that was a huge mistake. RMA is a factory and I felt like an insignificant number there. The IVF journey is very emotionally taxing and choosing the right provider will make all the difference. Dr. Brady is very knowledgeable, caring and very engaged, she is alway available and is very supportive.
All I can say is that she will never do procedure after procedure to just make money. Where a transfer fails, she is one of the few doctors who will pause after a failed transfer to identify the reasons for the failure! She will do anything to increase your chance of getting pregnant. Dr Brady knows IVF is a very difficult journey and does her best to maximize your chances.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
First of all, unlike RMA New York, this clinic is not a like a zoo or a factory! This is a very nice, clean clinic with very friendly staff. I can't think of any weaknesses and highly recommend this clinic.
Not much, she never ordered any unnecessary procedures or tests.
Dr. Brady does not recommend multiple embryo transfer but if you want to do multiple transfer she will discuss the pros and cons with you. She never pushes you to do something you don't want to do.
Columbia University

My nurse [at Columbia University] was very on top of my care, and a very efficient communicator...Mostly covered by insurance; I just paid copays...The clinic runs very efficiently. Everyone is enthusiastic and kind, from the front desk to the nurses. Morning monitoring goes quickly; visits never ran over time/late. All the physicians I met were attentive and kind as well...[Dr. Paula Brady] explained her plan for me clearly; I always understood next steps...has an excellent bedside manner, and seemed committed to my process and experience. She responded to my questions quickly (usually by email which is more convenient for me due to work). I always felt well taken care of.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr Brady has an excellent bedside manner, and seemed committed to my process and experience. She responded to my questions quickly (usually by email which is more convenient for me due to work). I always felt well taken care of.
Dr Brady explained her plan for me clearly; I always understood next steps
My nurse was very on top of my care, and a very efficient communicator
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Mostly covered by insurance; I just paid copays

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
I was able to get pregnant with an IUI [with Dr. Paula Brady]...From the very start, Dr. Brady took the time to get to know us and lay out a plan for us. She was very attentive to our needs and questions and always responded to our emails and messages. Her team is also fantastic and always made sure we fully understood the plan and next steps.
Katrina and Madison were my nurses [at Columbia] and they were always prompt to call me same day for any and all test results. They were kind and informative, and always answered any and all questions i had. Destiny was my care coordinator who was always excellent at scheduling my visits and ensuring I got the right time slot that worked for my calendar.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I did not get Dr. Brady for many of my monitoring scans especially in between cycles but I did manage to get pregnant twice. Once we confirmed the pregnancy, Dr. Brady was more engaged and involved. She personally did my 6-8 week scans. Unfortunately my first pregnancy ended in loss and she did not perform my D&C but she did continuously provide support and guidance throughout. We continued treatments with Dr. Brady and chose IUI as our next step, Dr. Brady also did not perform the actual IUI but once again was actively engaged and involved once the 2nd pregnancy was confirmed. She again performed my 6-9 week scans. During each of these visits and scans, it felt as if she knew us personally and was very open and honest with any and all information she had to give.
Adjust your expectations that you will not see Dr. Brady at every visit especially during monitoring scans or bloodwork appts, etc. However, once you do get any news whether pregnancy or miscarriage, Dr. Brady is extremely active, present, and attentive. In the meantime, her team is fantastic and supportive. They are always in communication and never did I feel like there was any miscommunication between her and her team.
At the first initial consult, Dr. Brady took an extensive amount of time understanding our existing health, asked about medical history, and we did genetic screening prior to starting treatments. She helped diagnose me with PCOS based on my medical history and monitoring and sat us down to talk about our specific course of action. She discussed that we should start with the most minimally invasive methods given that we are young and healthy and not in a rush. Also she was confident that getting my PCOS in check would priority. We started with timed intercourse cycles with letrozole and ovidrel. It took a couple cycles to get the dosage and timing right but after about 4 cycles, I was pregnant. Dr. Brady was incredibly engaged once the pregnancy was confirmed and even delicately informed that our baby no longer had a heartbeat. She talked us through next steps, and options and explained what happened and why it happens. She was incredibly kind and took the responsibility of delivering this news to us to heart. She encouraged us that the upcoming cycles after a miscarriage typically yields good chances of getting pregnant again. So with her advice, we did 3 more rounds of timed intercourse until she suggested if we want, we can move onto IUI. We decided for the 4th cycle, we will attempt IUI and we got pregnant again. Once again, Dr. Brady was incredibly engaged once the pregnancy was confirmed up until we graduated from the center at 9 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Madison Leffler, Destiny Franklin, and Katrina Leong)
Dr. Brady had a team of wonderful nurses and care coordinators. Katrina and Madison were my nurses and they were always prompt to call me same day for any and all test results. They were kind and informative, and always answered any and all questions i had. Destiny was my care coordinator who was always excellent at scheduling my visits and ensuring I got the right time slot that worked for my calendar. Also shout out to Jenny, who almost always took my morning monitoring bloodwork. Jenny was fantastic, excellent at drawing blood, extremely quick and precise and a joy to talk to every time. She was always so friendly and overjoyed for me everytime she saw your pregnancy was confirmed. Overall fantastic care team.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia University Fertility Center is exceptionally organized and well staffed. I have almost never had to wait longer than 15 minutes of my expected appointment time. This is a huge change from what I'm use to which is hours of waiting at a doctors office past my scheduled appt time. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and professional. The only trouble I have ever had with CUFC is the billing situation. I have had 2 occasions where they have forgotten to bill something to insurance and I had large bills coming from insurance until I called CUFC and they cleared it up and realized their mistake. Other than that, the billing was always clear and explained. If there were any treatments not covered by insurance, this was always noted upfront and I would be given estimated charges, etc.
The clinic was extremely adept at billing and costs. The only costs I have had to pay were my copays. I had 1-2 occasions where they forgot to bill insurance for a couple items but those got cleared up quickly. If anything was not covered by insurance they were upfront and clear about costs.
We did not reach this stage of treatments. I was able to get pregnant with an IUI.

2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Paula Brady] and her team were always responsive whenever my husband and I had any questions or concerns, and made sure that we were comfortable with every step of treatments...Even though some of the procedures were performed by other doctors, Dr. Brady ensured that I was in good hands and followed up with me after each procedure. I was extremely nervous on the day of the egg retrieval and it meant a lot to me that Dr. Brady stopped by the procedure room to make sure that I was fine even though the procedure was assigned to the other doctor.
After five cycles of IUI resulted negative, Dr. Brady [at Columbia University] advised us to move to IVF which gave us a positive result on the first trial... team including nurses and care and financial coordinators were caring and efficient in email and phone communication. The in-person training on how to administer subcutaneous injections for the IVF cycle was very helpful as well...Everything was quite organized. After each office visit, I received an email in the afternoon about the blood work result, instructions on medication and next appointment. The clinic was clean and the wait time was short which was helpful as I usually had appointments on my way to work.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is knowledgeable and answered any questions or concerns that my husband I had during treatments. Even though some of the procedures were performed by other doctors, Dr. Brady ensured that I was in good hands and followed up with me after each procedure. I was extremely nervous on the day of the egg retrieval and it meant a lot to me that Dr. Brady stopped by the procedure room to make sure that I was fine even though the procedure was assigned to the other doctor.
Ask any questions or concerns, and she will make sure that you are comfortable with treatment options. She is also clear about what may or may not work, but always explains all the available options for you to ultimately decide.
She and her team were always responsive whenever my husband and I had any questions or concerns, and made sure that we were comfortable with every step of treatments.
After five cycles of IUI resulted negative, Dr. Brady advised us to move to IVF which gave us a positive result on the first trial.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Dr. Brady's team including nurses and care and financial coordinators were caring and efficient in email and phone communication. The in-person training on how to administer subcutaneous injections for the IVF cycle was very helpful as well.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We paid copays, and the treatment costs were mostly covered by our insurance. My financial coordinator was helpful in answering any billing questions.
Dr. Brady suggested a single embryo transfer in our case.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Brady was very warm and understanding and always put me at ease during the process, even from the 1st consultation. She was always available to answer my questions and responded to my emails very quickly. She explained things in a way that we could easily understand them...she was always optimistic, which helped me stay optimistic. She was always quick to answer my questions...for monitoring hours you often won't see her. My one regret is not asking more questions early on about the actual process day by day, and having an understanding that for morning monitoring you don't always see your doctor. You see whomever is covering morning monitoring that day.
Everyone communicated well via email [at Columbia University] and I always knew in the afternoon after each appointment what my next steps are. My one issue I would suggest is (nurses at the practice) taking time to meet your new patients in person at the start of the journey so its not just an email relationship. I do wish someone sat down with me and went over the medication and what the schedule for the cycle would look like, versus just sending video tutorials via email...It was very efficient and I barely ever had a wait time. It was very well managed.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady had a very good bed side manner, she always took time to explain things to me and put my worries at ease. Infertility is not so black and white, so while doctors cant tell you exactly how things will turn out, she was always optimistic, which helped me stay optimistic. She was always quick to answer my questions.
Dr. Brady is great and you will love her! Just understand for monitoring hours you often won't see her. My one regret is not asking more questions early on about the actual process day by day, and having an understanding that for morning monitoring you don't always see your doctor. You see whomever is covering morning monitoring that day.
We did gonal, menapur and cetratide injections. We did PGS testing. Both of my retrievals yielded a very similar results based on my dosage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Madison Leffler, Destiny Franklin, Katrina Leong )
Everyone communicated well via email and I always knew in the afternoon after each appointment what my next steps are. My one issue I would suggest is (nurses at the practice) taking time to meet your new patients in person at the start of the journey so its not just an email relationship. I do wish someone sat down with me and went over the medication and what the schedule for the cycle would look like, versus just sending video tutorials via email.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths are how organized they are, front office staff is very friendly. All doctors I saw were great. My only weakness would be no one sat down and went over exactly what my cycle schedule would look like and I didnt meet my nurse in person for a while, it was all via email. I know I could have asked for more information at the start and I would definitely gotten it, but maybe just a bit more face to face time between the specific nurse & care coordinator and patient would be beneficial. The videos for the injections are very informative but sometimes I think woman need to see the products in person.
Out of pocket a FET cycle is around $14K, but ideally insurance covers some of that. A transfer on its own is about $2600. PGS testing is not covered by insurance and is around 4K (which from what I understand is a fairly decent price compared to other clinics)
We never wanted to do multiple embryo transfer, so it was never a real issue. I think Dr. Brady agreed eSET was the way to go.

IUI, 1 IVF
PCOS, Unexplained
Paula Brady is such a caring physician. She always responded to my emails immediately and answered all of my questions throughly. She knew that I have a medical background and was able to tailor her updates to exactly what I wanted and needed to know...I immediately felt confident that we were in great hands...extremely intelligent and up to date with all the latest fertility info. It is so obvious she loves what she does and that absolutely reflects in her wonderful bedside manner and dedication towards her patients.
Morning monitoring [at Columbia University] was extremely smooth. I rarely waited more than 10 minutes. The appointments are in the morning (from 7-9:30AM) so I could fit them in despite having to work a full day...I am a physician myself and often get frustrated with how doctor's offices run, but this clinic is truly different than most offices. It is really geared toward patient care and good outcomes. I never had a bad experience and Columbia's fertility clinic...Katrina (as well as Madison) were great communicators. They always responded promptly to questions. Katrina sat down with me and taught me how to do the injections and sent me online videos as well. She was wonderful!
IUI, 1 IVF
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I had no idea what to expect when I started IVF. I had people tell me I had to travel to other states with the best stats in order to get the results I wanted. Paula Brady was the first fertility doctor I saw and when we sat down for our initial visit, I immediately felt confident that we were in great hands. She is so caring and extremely intelligent and up to date with all the latest fertility info. It is so obvious she loves what she does and that absolutely reflects in her wonderful bedside manner and dedication towards her patients.
Book an appointment with her if you are struggling to conceive!
I am relatively young (34 years old) with no major issues aside from a bit of PCOS, so we started off with a few cycles of timed intercourse- mostly with letrezole, but tried clomid once. We did 5 cycles of this and then were supposed to move on to IUI, however due to work reasons, we decided to wait unitl Jan 2020 when my new insurance would cover IVF. We had one cycle of stims with gonalF and menopur and triggered with ovidrel for our retrieval. We did then decided to wait for the next cycle to do a frozen transfer so we could do PGS and also provide for optimal lining. For our FET next month, I was started on estradiol, then began progesterone in oil 6 days prior to my transfer, which worked!! I'm now 9 weeks pregnant with a little girl!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Morning monitoring was extremely smooth. I rarely waited more than 10 minutes. The appointments are in the morning (from 7-9:30AM) so I could fit them in despite having to work a full day.
My insurance covered a large majority of the costs, so I just had a $35 copay for each visit.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
While Dr. Brady's empathy and compassion were evident in her interactions with me, she was also a smart doctor who uses evidence and research to make treatment decisions. After 3 prior failed IVFs with another doctor, I was at the end of my rope and ready to explore egg donors. She encouraged another try to at least attempt a fresh transfer, which hadn't been suggested to me before. That one embryo, a day 3 transfer, is now my 4 month old son.
I didn't have close relationships with the nursing staff [at Columbia University] but I found the support staff who dealt with my insurance to be great. They fought with my insurance for weeks to get approval and confirm details, even organizing a peer-to-peer review with Dr. Brady to confirm my coverage.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Ultimately you need to control and make the final decisions regarding your own treatment. She will lay everything out for you and make her recommendation(s), but you can decide what is comfortable for you. By the point I was at in my treatment, I was glad to feel that it was a collaboration based on my past experience.
Dr. Brady was personally reachable via email and always responded promptly. I could also leave a message for her or reach a nurse if I had a more urgent question. The office staff and nurses were always warm and efficient. Dr. Brady understood all that I had been through already and took my past treatments into consideration when formulating my treatment with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
I didn't have close relationships with the nursing staff but I found the support staff who dealt with my insurance to be great. They fought with my insurance for weeks to get approval and confirm details, even organizing a peer-to-peer review with Dr. Brady to confirm my coverage.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Very comfortable clinic environment, all things considered. They do their best to offer a relaxed experience. I joked it was like going to a spa day when I did my retrieval. The doctors work as a team, so it's probably best to be open to someone else doing your procedures. Dr. Lobo did my retrieval, which at first I was disappointed about, but when he had to enter one side thru my abdomen due to scar tissue and ended up retrieving most eggs from that side, I was thankful for him and his experience.
OOP cost for anesthesia. Everything else covered by my insurance, which had some lifetime maximum limits that I barely missed hitting.
I think she would have transferred multiple embryos if we had requested, but we were not given the choice since we only had one healthy embryo to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
I had a couple minor hiccups, like I was supposed to get a new dose of thyroid meds and they didn't call it in on the afternoon I was set to travel away for the weekend, so I had to wait until Monday to pick up the new dose. There was also some confusion with my trigger meds and dosage, which was cleared up within a couple of phone calls. This was a last-minute change based on my bloodwork and I just needed it explained to me.
Columbia University

I thought it was so caring that she [Dr. Brady] was specifically there for my first ultrasound and my last one where I "graduated" to a regular OB. I also thought she was always great via email, which was my preferred communication when not in the office. I also shared with her that my friends/family made comments that I was maybe too stressed or not eating right (even though I am generally pretty healthy) and she was quick to dismiss those comments and assure me that I was fine. I needed that sort of support at the time.
The staff was great [at Columbia University] - responsive and helpful... tries to make the process and painless as possible. Their staff is very friendly. Their hours are accommodating for those that work fairly long hours. I always had appointments (besides the initial consultation) in the 7-7:30am range, so could get my bloodwork and ultrasound done before work. The phlebotomist there were first-class. I've never had better experiences getting my blood drawn. Having fertility issues is so tough and Columbia does everything it can to make it easier on us.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Doctor Brady was great. From the first visit to the follow-ups, I felt as though she was incredibly knowledgeable and data-driven. Her responses often started with "recent research suggests..." or "based on multiple studies"....things like that. For me, this was really helpful because it showed she knew a lot and also kept up-to-date on the latest information out there. The clinic I went to at Columbia had rotating doctors, but I thought it was so caring that she was specifically there for my first ultrasound and my last one where I "graduated" to a regular OB. I also thought she was always great via email, which was my preferred communication when not in the office. I also shared with her that my friends/family made comments that I was maybe too stressed or not eating right (even though I am generally pretty healthy) and she was quick to dismiss those comments and assure me that I was fine. I needed that sort of support at the time.
Listen to her! She definitely knows what she's talking about!
Dr. Brady was so great and I appreciated her style, which was caring but also data-driven. She went through everything with me in detail during our in-person details. She was also always responsive through email and phone. I felt as though she was very invested in my success, but also very upfront around expectations and treatments so I knew what possible next steps could be.
Dr. Brady first started me with Metformin to let my body adjust to it. She wanted to see if that was enough to get my ovulation started regularly. She told me we would try that for a few months and if that didn't work on it's own, we would try a round of timed intercourse - which would involve Letrozole and a trigger shot. She told me that timed intercourse usually works within the first 4 tries and after 6, we would talk about other methods (i.e., IUI, IVF, etc.) I was very, very lucky that the timed intercourse worked for me on my 4th try.
The staff was great - responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia Fertility tries to make the process and painless as possible. Their staff is very friendly. Their hours are accommodating for those that work fairly long hours. I always had appointments (besides the initial consultation) in the 7-7:30am range, so could get my bloodwork and ultrasound done before work. The phlebotomist there were first-class. I've never had better experiences getting my blood drawn. Having fertility issues is so tough and Columbia does everything it can to make it easier on us.
I was fortunate that most of my costs were covered by insurance. I don't remember the exact costs, but I believe they are comparable to other facilities that would have been in-network for me.