Medical SchoolColumbia
ResidencyHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital
FellowshipHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paula Brady to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together...has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
Monitoring [at Columbia University] occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week...carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I absolutely adore Dr. Brady. She is so thorough and thoughtful, always considering what more we can do to achieve a healthy pregnancy. She treats me as an intellectual equal and answers all my questions without ever rushing me or making me feel like my questions are silly. She was new to the clinic after my first round of IUI and I am so grateful to have switched to her care. I feel like she is fully invested in my case and always up to date on the latest research. Of all the doctors I have seen at the clinic, she is the most warm and personable. I seriously can't say enough about her. She is absolutely the best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Ask all the fertility questions you have ever had! She will answer all of them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
With my first round of IUI, the Clomid caused ovarian cysts that took a while to go away. After that she switched me to Letrozole and I had no problem with it. When I began IVF, she monitored my follicles closely and raised the dose of Gonal-f and Menopur as she felt necessary. Considering my low reserve, I had a good egg yield during that cycle so she kept my doses the same during the next one. After my first round of IVF, I waited to do a frozen transfer and it didn't take so after the second round, we did a fresh transfer. All along Dr. Brady has been recommending that we do genetic testing of the embryos but we declined because of cost. In my first pregnancy, we had heard a heartbeat at 7 weeks and everything was proceeding normally. Then, when I went in for my last appointment with the clinic, Dr. Brady discovered at that time that the baby's heart had stopped beating. In disbelief, I asked the next day if she could check again and she invited me in and even had another doctor take a look. She recommended a D&C and testing of the contents of conception. The results of the testing showed that the baby had trisomy 9. I was grateful to know this as it helped bring closure to the loss. After that, Dr. Brady proceeded with additional testing (including additional blood panels and an endometrial biopsy) to make sure we cover all our bases before doing another transfer. I just lost my second pregnancy very suddenly at 6 weeks and when I informed Dr. Brady, she asked me to bring in the tissue I had passed so she could send it off for testing. She wants to schedule a meeting with my husband and I next week to discuss additional genetic testing and how we can try to prevent additional miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen was my nurse until she left just recently. She always provided very clear instructions and seemed very caring. Her replacement seems a little less warm and less clear about instructions but I will see how she does moving forward.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I was a new patient, the clinic was just moving to a newly renovated penthouse office in the same building. The new clinic carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Monitoring is super easy and fast. Monitoring occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week. I am particularly grateful for the early hours because it takes at least 45 minutes to get from the clinic to my school (I am a teacher) and I can still make it to work on time if I go in at 7am. Since everyone at the clinic is always so pleasant and friendly, it's not a bad way to start the day. They really make it painless to have to get up a little earlier to go to a monitoring appointment before work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
Each procedure has been different so it's difficult to say what each cost has been. Also, my insurance covers some parts of treatment. So far, we have spent around $5,000 total.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together so I am going to follow up with her about that the next time I see her.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University.

Dr Brady was always attentive and gave full responses to all my questions. She would always respond to all my emails even on after hours. She was always personal and super sweet.... Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
We had an amazing experience. First of all the whole place had a positive and light energy. The entire stuff was always smiling. We never had to wait to long or be confused on what's next. After such outstanding level of care and professionalism I decide to switch all my doctors to Columbia doctors!...The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
We didn’t know what to expect when we first decided to go to the fertility center. But honestly it all went so smooth and hustle free. I had no confusion I knew what to do next every step of the way. This was probably the most non-overwhelming doctor experience I ever had. After several months we had a successful IVF in the first try :) Every doctor we worked with was incredible but our favorite by far was Dr Brady. We are definitely coming back for baby #2 :) Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
Dr Paula is fantastic but regardless of the doctor it is still lengthy and emotionally draining procedure. Just be patient it won't happen over night.
Everybody is different and after several IUIs and continuously monitoring my ovulation we learnt some things about my body which helped us to address when we arrived to the final step IVF.
The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for me. No stress no confusion. All my emails and questions were answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Our insurance covered 95% of everything. We only had to pay some small fees here and there.
I agree with the hospital's policy, multiple embryo transfer may cause complications. One healthy baby at a time.

Anovulation, Unexplained
If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility...she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer...encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.
The clinic [Columbia University] is very clean, organized, and punctual. They do a nice job accommodating everyone and keeping everyone aware about what is happening as well as encouraged for positive future outcomes. Compared to other fertility clinics, Columbia University Center for Infertility has a very welcoming atmosphere and tries to keep everyone up to speed about what each new process entails...The nursing staff at Columbia always acts very upbeat, kind, and friendly. They are always super supportive which is helpful since infertility is very draining.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is an amazingly bright doctor who always keeps her patient's interests/desires in mind. She strives to keep her patients informed and always responds very promptly to any questions that I had throughout this wild IVF process. If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility. She makes her patients feel confident that every choice she is making is the right one because she is so savvy about the world of infertility.
Listen to any and all advice Dr. Brady has for you. Even if your timeline of becoming a parent gets thrown off for some reason, you can wholeheartedly trust what she decides to do because she always has your best interest in mind and she also considers all possibilities to ensure you will successfully become a parent one day.
Dr. Brady makes sure to take the time to thoroughly explain everything that my body was going through which totally helped me understand the process. She treats her patients with so much care and devotion. She makes the complex and stressful infertility process more manageable because she is so thoughtful and genuine about how to approach everything.
Dr. Brady adjusted the meds I had been taking during my egg retrieval based on how effective they were. I ended up having a retrieval after about a week on the injections which I was thankful for because it was nice to stop those sooner than later (even though I understand how they act differently on different people). Dr. Brady has ensured that our healthy embryos have successfully frozen so she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen Tom)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very clean, organized, and punctual. They do a nice job accommodating everyone and keeping everyone aware about what is happening as well as encouraged for positive future outcomes. Compared to other fertility clinics, Columbia University Center for Infertility has a very welcoming atmosphere and tries to keep everyone up to speed about what each new process entails.
With my insurance, I had $30 copay every visit. I have not completed the entire cycle yet so I am unsure how much the whole IVF will cost. It did cost us $4000 to have our embryos analyzed though.
Dr. Brady encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos...I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs...the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take...This place was a well oiled machine! Everything was pretty organized and you never really waited that long. After a certain time, you can’t get through to them through the main line. Having your nurses email and direct line is really important. The location was super practical for me with the frequent visits too.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was the kind of doctor that worked so hard for the positive outcome that she would change her own schedule around to make sure she was there for each milestone. She would reply to emails so quickly it blew my mind away! She was an absolute joy to work with and I would definitely go see her again for my second child.
Go see her NOW!
Dr. Brady was so warm. She remembered details about me from visit to visit, always had a smile on and took the time to answer my questions.
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos. I didn’t understand why as I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs (a really good number I thought). Also, the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
The nursing staff was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
My care was covered by insurance. I paid very little OOP.
+ Read more- Read less
Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she [Dr. Paula Brady] wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.... She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions...She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered...Early morning monitoring appointments worked well in this office. It was never a long wait to be seen by the doctor or the lab...I had a great experience with this clinic and I also chose to see them given I'm a patient of Columbia University. The staff at the clinic is friendly, responsive, prompt and you are always seeing right on time (helps when scheduling around your appointments).
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
From day one, Dr Brady made me feel comfortable and took the time to answer all my questions. She provided my husband and I with all the details needed regarding the IVF process and also coordinated with my thyroid doctor to provide the best treatment plan.
Dr Brady never made me feel that my questions are too much so please ask away so you are well informed of the process and what you can expect.
We immediately made us feel at ease in her care from Day 1. She walked us through the process and made us feel comfortable asking questions.
Egg extraction with PGS testing on the final embryos prior to freezing. We also went with a natural cycle for the transfer as she wanted to help lessen the strain on my thyroid.
The nursing staff is excellent! Between my nurse Karen and the entire nursing staff, I was always emailed promptly with my results/next steps and had all my questions answered.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We planned to transfer one egg based on my age (coincidentally I only had one normal egg to use).
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Brady has been patient with my questions and has made herself available to myself and my partner whenever we have questions or concerns.... She diagnosed me with PCOS and the analyzed my husband to ensure there were no male factors. There weren’t so we are proceeding with treating my PCOS. She started me on a low dose of letrezole to get me to ovulate and the first cycle went as planned but did not result in a pregnancy. We are now trying again.
The nursing staff [Columbia University] is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.... The clinic has been great so far. I have no other fertility clinic experiences to compare t to, but it far exceeds my experiences with other doctors offices. They are friendly, responsive, and prompt.... I have my copay at each visit and the rest gets billed to insurance. So far, I have not seen a bill except from the labs.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She hears my concerns and makes me feel comfortable by explaining the plan and why she has chosen that specific plan for my partner and me. Though we haven’t see. Her for many cycles, she has proven that she is invested in our future pregnancy.
I would advise to trust her but at the same time, not be afraid to ask questions. She can be short because she is confident and knows what she’s doing, but you may require further explanation and details. She has never made me feel that my questions are too much.
The nursing staff is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This is not applicable to me
+ Read more- Read less

Being under [Dr. Paula Brady's] care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family...most importantly, explained everything in clear terms...She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment...She’s more than just a great physician.
[Columbia U is a] Beautiful place with great atmosphere and wonderful staff! Each and every person I came across was courteous, professional, and made my visit as comfortable as they possibly could. Weekend hours for lab and monitoring is a great plus...My Patient Care Coordinator was very professional and very thorough. She took care of every need or request. Every call got returned and every email was responded to. All in very timely fashion. Everyone from the front desk receptionists to the nursing/lab staff was simply delightful. Always professional & uplifting. This was the best team of medical staff I have been around in a long time.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Being under Dr. Brady’ care was like dealing with trusted family. Always professional, and very caring; which was so refreshing given the circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for her, for her knowledge, and for taking such great care of me & my family.
She’s more than just a great physician. She’s very caring, and personable. So let her know exactly how you’re feeling at any given moment.
Dr. Brady really made us feel cared for throughout our entire journey. Always kind, knowledgeable, and most importantly, explained everything in clear terms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny Franklin)

14 Eggs Frozen
Dr Brady explained egg freezing clearly, and related it to my personal situation and medical issues. Her staff knew me too and was always very responsive to my needs. ... Dr Brady made me feel comfortable, and took time to answer all my questions. She made a plan specific to me, and talked me through what to expect, and answered my emails quickly, as did her nurse. She took time to update me during testing visits when I saw her.
The clinic [Columbia University] is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything ... My nurse met with me a few times to sign paperwork and show me how to use the medications. Dr Brady’s staff always got back to me right away when I needed something.
14 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Egg freezing, with adjustments to doses and adding an additional medication before starting, after what she saw in my first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything, and confident with Dr Brady’s care.
Covered by insurance/my job
+ Read more- Read less

While I haven’t seen her for very long, she immediately made my husband and I feel comfortable in her care. She is very knowledgeable but still took the time to confer with her colleagues about some rare situations with our case and let us know that. Dr. Brady always answers emails and phone calls the same day, no matter how many times we email or how many questions we ask!... Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
This clinic [Columbia University] has been amazing! They are very helpful and easy to reach. While it can be very crowded on the weekend for morning monitoring, during the week monitoring goes very quickly and is easy to schedule.... Very quick and thorough in communication!... Dr. Brady always answers emails and phone calls the same day, no matter how many times we email or how many questions we ask!... Do not hesitate to email her
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
She is very personable and answers emails and phone calls very quickly.
Very quick and thorough in communication!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This clinic has been amazing! They are very helpful and easy to reach. While it can be very crowded on the weekend for morning monitoring, during the week monitoring goes very quickly and is easy to schedule.

8 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
[Dr. Paula Brady] Monitored me very closely to ensure proper course of actions with injections and medication...was very personable and compassionate...was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process...She’s very caring and helpful...From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda [nurses], truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier...The clinic was very efficient in getting patients in and out of the office for appointments and they were very accommodating with your schedule. Everything from the reception to the patient rooms to blood work area were well organized and very clean.
8 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process.
She’s very caring and helpful.
Dr. Brady was very personable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda and Sherry )
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda, truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Out of pocket. Insurance did not cover my procedure.