Medical SchoolColumbia University
ResidencyHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital
FellowshipHarvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital
5 Columbus Circle
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paula Brady to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?
Anovulation, Unexplained
If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility...she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer...encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is an amazingly bright doctor who always keeps her patient's interests/desires in mind. She strives to keep her patients informed and always responds very promptly to any questions that I had throughout this wild IVF process. If Dr. Brady is unable to respond she ensures her nurse communicators or other staff relay important information in a timely manner. She is so encouraging and uplifting which are essential qualities when dealing with the ups and downs of infertility. She makes her patients feel confident that every choice she is making is the right one because she is so savvy about the world of infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Listen to any and all advice Dr. Brady has for you. Even if your timeline of becoming a parent gets thrown off for some reason, you can wholeheartedly trust what she decides to do because she always has your best interest in mind and she also considers all possibilities to ensure you will successfully become a parent one day.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady makes sure to take the time to thoroughly explain everything that my body was going through which totally helped me understand the process. She treats her patients with so much care and devotion. She makes the complex and stressful infertility process more manageable because she is so thoughtful and genuine about how to approach everything.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Dr. Brady adjusted the meds I had been taking during my egg retrieval based on how effective they were. I ended up having a retrieval after about a week on the injections which I was thankful for because it was nice to stop those sooner than later (even though I understand how they act differently on different people). Dr. Brady has ensured that our healthy embryos have successfully frozen so she is now trying to navigate when the best time would be for the embryo transfer so that my body and the embryo are in the best conditions for a smooth transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen Tom)
The nursing staff at Columbia always acts very upbeat, kind, and friendly. They are always super supportive which is helpful since infertility is very draining.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very clean, organized, and punctual. They do a nice job accommodating everyone and keeping everyone aware about what is happening as well as encouraged for positive future outcomes. Compared to other fertility clinics, Columbia University Center for Infertility has a very welcoming atmosphere and tries to keep everyone up to speed about what each new process entails.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
With my insurance, I had $30 copay every visit. I have not completed the entire cycle yet so I am unsure how much the whole IVF will cost. It did cost us $4000 to have our embryos analyzed though.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Brady encouraged us to do chromosomal testing through Igenomix, which we did. From our 8 embryo samples sent to their lab, we learned 6 of our embryos were healthy. Dr. Brady asked us if we'd like to choose a sex but we are confident in her knowledge and asked that she select the embryo that seemed like the healthiest regardless of its sex.
Columbia University

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University.

Dr Brady has been patient with my questions and has made herself available to myself and my partner whenever we have questions or concerns.... She diagnosed me with PCOS and the analyzed my husband to ensure there were no male factors. There weren’t so we are proceeding with treating my PCOS. She started me on a low dose of letrezole to get me to ovulate and the first cycle went as planned but did not result in a pregnancy. We are now trying again.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She hears my concerns and makes me feel comfortable by explaining the plan and why she has chosen that specific plan for my partner and me. Though we haven’t see. Her for many cycles, she has proven that she is invested in our future pregnancy.
I would advise to trust her but at the same time, not be afraid to ask questions. She can be short because she is confident and knows what she’s doing, but you may require further explanation and details. She has never made me feel that my questions are too much.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
The nursing staff is excellent. My nurse, Karen, always calls promptly with my results and answers any questions I have.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic has been great so far. I have no other fertility clinic experiences to compare t to, but it far exceeds my experiences with other doctors offices. They are friendly, responsive, and prompt.
I have my copay at each visit and the rest gets billed to insurance. So far, I have not seen a bill except from the labs.
This is not applicable to me

14 Eggs Frozen
Dr Brady explained egg freezing clearly, and related it to my personal situation and medical issues. Her staff knew me too and was always very responsive to my needs. ... Dr Brady made me feel comfortable, and took time to answer all my questions. She made a plan specific to me, and talked me through what to expect, and answered my emails quickly, as did her nurse. She took time to update me during testing visits when I saw her.
14 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Egg freezing, with adjustments to doses and adding an additional medication before starting, after what she saw in my first cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
My nurse met with me a few times to sign paperwork and show me how to use the medications. Dr Brady’s staff always got back to me right away when I needed something.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is new and beautiful. It runs pretty well and I usually did not have to wait long for testing. The staff are friendly and helpful. Their blood drawing is the best! I felt comfortable throughout everything, and confident with Dr Brady’s care.
Covered by insurance/my job
Columbia University

While I haven’t seen her for very long, she immediately made my husband and I feel comfortable in her care. She is very knowledgeable but still took the time to confer with her colleagues about some rare situations with our case and let us know that. Dr. Brady always answers emails and phone calls the same day, no matter how many times we email or how many questions we ask!... Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Do not hesitate to email her directly or to ask questions.
She is very personable and answers emails and phone calls very quickly.
Very quick and thorough in communication!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This clinic has been amazing! They are very helpful and easy to reach. While it can be very crowded on the weekend for morning monitoring, during the week monitoring goes very quickly and is easy to schedule.