Nurse available by email
FellowshipRush U. Med Ctr
12011 Lee Jackson Mem. Hwy
Fairfax, VA 22033
703.246.0500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Paulette Browne to a friend?
Neutral: 57%Don't recommend: 43%4.9

6.6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
Retrieved 5 eggs and none fertilized. [Dr. Browne] Pushed donor eggs. Would do a 2nd IVF round but would not change the protocol...She is very thorough but blunt. She does not mince words. She is not cuddly. She is quick and to the point...You may do a consultation with your Dr but then only see them a few times. For all but 2 sonograms, it was a different Dr each time and even the egg retrieval was done by a different Dr. Then when you do bloodwork it is just in and out - no one talks to you or puts you at ease
Our nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] was Ann and she was great. Absolutely loved her. However, when I had a question or concern, I would never get her. I would leave a message on her voice mail and another nurse would respond. Spoke to about five different nurses and it was extremely frustrating. It felt less of a relationship and more like I was just another cog in the wheel...Monitoring was done by bloodwork (drawn by a different nurse each time) and sono (done by a different doctor each time)... When you have your sonogram, it always be with a different doctor - whoever is one that rotation.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Data and statistics are very important to them. If you amh levels are too low and depending on your age, you may not get the answer you want. Be prepared for any scenario and to try not to have false hopes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
At Shady Grove, it feels like a cattle call. You may do a consultation with your Dr but then only see them a few times. For all but 2 sonograms, it was a different Dr each time and even the egg retrieval was done by a different Dr. Then when you do bloodwork it is just in and out - no one talks to you or puts you at ease
Describe the protocols Paulette Browne used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Gonal-F 300 / Menopur 150 with HCG trigger shot. Retrieved 5 eggs and none fertilized. Pushed donor eggs. Would do a 2nd IVF round but would not change the protocol. We went to get a second opinion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anne)
Our nurse was Ann and she was great. Absolutely loved her. However, when I had a question or concern, I would never get her. I would leave a message on her voice mail and another nurse would respond. Spoke to about five different nurses and it was extremely frustrating. It felt less of a relationship and more like I was just another cog in the wheel
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I went to Fair Oaks which the waiting area is nice. The bloodwork (7-8am) was usually very quick but no relationship. Always a different nurse. At one point, due to the snow, we had to go to the Annandale office because the Fair Oaks one was closed. The Annandale office is bigger but older - waiting room is drabby, the seats are uncomfortable. People were there from all over and you had to stand which eventually they took a number of us to a large conference room. It felt like a cattle call. When you have your sonogram, it always be with a different doctor - whoever is one that rotation. Each one has a different demeanor and outlook. Was given various scenarios - mostly positive. Dr. Browne was on vacation and our egg retrieval was done by a different doctor. That doctor showed more compassion. A third doctor is the one who monitored our eggs because De. Browne was on vacation. He was much more positive with the outlook even though nothing fertilized. When Dr. Browne returned three weeks later, she wanted to have a debrief. We had already decided to get a second opinion but I called. It was basically like a "I told you so" type scenario of her just saying that she knew this would happen. This is NOT the portrayal she gave in our initial consultation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility.
It was all handled by my insurance and we paid about $100 out-of-pocket. We actually never saw a bill.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Browne never called us with results - either good or bad. The call we received to inform us that my beta test numbers were not good and I was miscarrying, was done so by a nurse. Dr. Browne didn’t follow up at all....Beginning with our first visit, we did not feel positive or hopeful after meeting with her. She conveyed a sense of bewilderment as to what our problems might be regarding our infertility. She also treated miscarriages with very little gravity.
Unfortunately after Dr. Greenhouse’s passing, the office [Shady Grove] became chaotic. The administrative team was in disarray. They made multiple mistakes when processing my insurance or updating my personal information in their files.... Laura was very kind and helpful. While she wasn’t the person who delivered all of my results, she was a fairly constant face.... Dr. Browne never called us with results - either good or bad. The call we received to inform us that my beta test numbers were not good and I was miscarrying, was done so by a nurse. Dr. Browne didn’t follow up at all.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Browne was a fill in, as our original physician passed away unexpectedly. Beginning with our first visit, we did not feel positive or hopeful after meeting with her. She conveyed a sense of bewilderment as to what our problems might be regarding our infertility. She also treated miscarriages with very little gravity. She lacked compassion. In addition, after the front desk failed to process my new insurance, she made snide comments during future appointments about how hard her staff worked to fix the error (despite it being their error in the first place).
Be clear about your expectations of communication.
She recommended Clomid and IUI. She did not explain why she thought this protocol would work, other than she figured that producing two eggs would improve our chances. If it didn’t work, then she said she would recommend IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Unfortunately after Dr. Greenhouse’s passing, the office became chaotic. The administrative team was in disarray. They made multiple mistakes when processing my insurance or updating my personal information in their files.
We paid $1800 for each IUI cycle, for a total of $3600.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility.

Dr. Browne is very science based but still takes her time to explain things. She is also kind and warm.... Dr. Browne is exactly what I needed as a patient. My first meeting with her I told her I needed someone knowledgeable, truthful but also warm and fuzzy. She is all of that. She allows you to try when you want to and never pressured or pushed me into IVF before trying other methods first.... Clomid 50mg- Two Times for IUI negative test Clomid 100mg- chemical pregnancy Clomid 50 mg and Gonal F 75IUs- negative test Starting IVF this cycle
Mornings are hectic and the phlebotomists could be a little nicer. The front desk staff always greets you and will wish you a good luck on your way out! Very clean and comfortable waiting room. The sonographers are also excellent and always explain what they are doing and seeing. Overall I have truly loved my treatment at Shady Grove!... Patrice always gets back you in a timely matter and understands women being anxious, scared or confused. She is truly the best!
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be up front with your needs and expectations. Ask questions! She will answer them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Smith)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Insurance covered IUI but will not cover IVF. Copayment applied and it’s specialist copay.
Describe Paulette Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
None yet
+ Read more- Read less

I want the IUI procedure to be done by Dr.Browne.. she takes interest in doing the right way! My first 2 IUI’s were performed by a nurse in Fairfax hospital as my dates were on a weekend. The nurse did not care as much as Dr. Browne did. Dr. Browne was very specific to get it right. I could literally see the compassion between a nurse practitioner and Dr. Browne. I feel all my pain has gone waste for my 1st 2 IUI’s.
Nurse practitioner [at Shady Grove] is not doing a good job. I prefer IUI procedure to be done by Dr and not a nurse. I could see the difference how Dr performed the IUI. Nurse practitioner doesn’t do it well. I go through so much pain and at the end.. IUI is performed by Nurse. Dr. Was so keen on doing it right, my Dr. took time until she felt she’s doing it right. Nurse practitioner was just doing it for the sake of her job.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
I want IUI procedure to be performed by Dr.Browne. She’s very particular and makes sure she’s doing it right. I couldn’t see the same thing in the nurse practitioner. The nurse did iui in <5 mins.. Dr. Browne was so specific while doing the procedure.
She’s good
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I don’t remember but she wasn’t any good)
Marci
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Nurse practitioner is not doing a good job. I prefer IUI procedure to be done by Dr and not a nurse. I could see the difference how Dr performed the IUI. Nurse practitioner doesn’t do it well. I go through so much pain and at the end.. IUI is performed by Nurse. Dr. Was so keen on doing it right, my Dr. took time until she felt she’s doing it right. Nurse practitioner was just doing it for the sake of her job.
1200$