Paulette Browne

Fairfax, VA 22033
703.246.0500

1 patient review filtered by:

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Browne has always been the best choice for a fertility doctor for me and my husband. She truly is knowledgeable, kind and trustworthy. She is science and compassion rolled into one. I would definitely recommend her to anyone seeking fertility treatment. ... Dr. Browne is understanding and takes time with her patients. ... After initial testing I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and given the go ahead to keep trying naturally for another 3-6 months.
How was your experience with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be open about your feelings and hesitations. Ask a lot of questions because she is willing to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Browne is understanding and takes time with her patients. Anytime I’ve had to talk with her or her nurse I have never felt pressured or rushed. She explains things and let’s patients talk about concerns, research they have read about and answer any and all questions you might have.
Describe the protocols Paulette Browne used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
After trying for 6 months my husband and I got a recommendation from our primary care doctor for Shady Grove. Having no idea what to expect when we called we were asked if we had a preference for which doctor we wanted and we did not. I feel we truly lucked out on getting Dr. Browne. After initial testing I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and given the go ahead to keep trying naturally for another 3-6 months. After one very early miscarriage we started on Clomid through my regular OBGYN and without any monitoring. We did this for a few months and nothing happened. Once off of Clomid we contacted Dr. Browne to try IUIs. Right before we were set to start I had a chemical pregnancy confirmed. The next month we started IUIs and Dr. Browne was nothing but helpful throughout the process. I saw her for every monitoring appointment with the nurse. We tried four rounds of IUIs with two different doses of clomid, a round with Letrozole and then a round with both Clomid and Gonal (injectables). Only once with the higher dose Clomid did we get two follicles to respond. At this point we went for more testing showing my AMH and FSH levels were showing signs of diminished ovarian reserve and poor egg quality. Which was what they thought was resulting it early pregnancy losses. After the last IUI cycle we decided we needed a break and took a couple months off. Two months later we ended up pregnant again only to have another early loss. With no insurance coverage for IVF we stopped all fertility treatments for a little over a year. Then just a few months ago decided (with the help of family) to begin IVF using the multicycle discount (I no longer qualified for shared risk due to my levels). I went on birth control for two weeks and then I started on Menopur 150 IUs and Gonal 300 IUs. After three days of that dose they upped my gonal to 450 IUs. I did this dosing for 12 days (added in Cetrotide at day 11). However, due to my response to meds, my levels showing I ovulated and the current COVID 19 crisis my cycle was cancelled after 12 days of stims. Doctor Browne called me personally to apologize and explained everything to me. Then within the hour her nurse also called to check on me to see if I had any follow up questions. They also told me that they had some medication donations as well as different protocol for whenever the next cycle begins. (Switching from antagonist protocol to a flair protocol). They are hopeful that with my AMH and FSH levels this will result in me being able to actual make it to the retrieval stage. At this point it’s just a waiting to game for my period to start again so I can begin my next cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Smith)
I love Patrice! Warm, kind, funny, understanding and most importantly patient. She takes her time with patients and is just one of the most calming people I know.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove is the best. Everyone is kind that I have interacted with from the front desk to phlebotomists. The ultra sound technicians are kind and upbeat as well. The entire staff at any Shady Grove office I’ve been to has been professional and knowledgeable. They will always say good luck as you leave and even though it’s a small gesture it makes you feel like they are truly rooting for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paulette Browne at Shady Grove Fertility.
$18,500 for two round of IVF which included all monitoring appts, two retrievals but unlimited transfers. Medication was separate cost.
Describe Paulette Browne's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Paulette Browne