Medical SchoolBoston U.
Woburn, MA 01801
Providence
758 Eddy St
Providence, RI 02903
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pei-Li Huang to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 63%Neutral: 38%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Solutions of New England to a friend?
She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.... For medicated IUI cycles she recommended letrozole rather than clomid due to lining issues and also a reduced chance of multiples. They do blood work and ultrasound monitoring with all medicated cycles.
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Advocate for yourself. She is great about answering questions so don’t be afraid to be annoying by reaching out so you feel comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She was very attentive to our specific situation and needs. I appreciated that she responded directly to my questions with a returned phone call rather than communicating through the nurse. She was willing to answer lots of questions which I found helpful.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
They were very kind during failed cycles when I was upset. Flexible with scheduling and very positive about our prospects without being annoying. I felt very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Unmonitored/unmedicated IUI was $475 out of pocket. Medicated/monitored IUI was $1,000 out of pocket, which included all monitoring appointments. Medication was billed separately through the pharmacy. They are very transparent about pricing.
Providence
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic... I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand...Two medicated IUI cycles-...was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
We are still in the middle of treatment between our 1st and 2nd IVF cycles with Dr. Huang. I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand. She is hopeful, empathetic and also realistic in setting expectations.
Try to get an appointment with her!
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic.
Two medicated IUI cycles- we tried this before moving onto IVF due to lack of insurance coverage. If we had coverage at the time, I would have rather gone directly to IVF, but Dr. Huang was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Quick turnaround time to make an appointment. Financial team, nurses and doctors are obviously a cohesive team trying to make things easy for their patients and it shows. Your doctors will perform all IVF related ultrasounds, which also isn't typical at other clinics and in my opinion is a huge relief and benefit to this clinic.
Still in progress
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She answered every single question I ever had, hugged me when I needed it and held my hand through every test, procedure, and ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and bring any information you may have collected outside of what she has told you for review.
We started with chlomid. It's protocol and insurance makes you go through steps: Chlomid, a certain amount of rounds of IUI and then you can do IVF. That was our protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
The nursing staff in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart!
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I love this clinic. I just wish they did the procedures in Woburn, as it is MUCH closer to our home.
We were almost 100% covered by insurance.
Woburn
2012 - 2018
She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures...I found her to be very knowledgeable regarding what may work best for me and had backup plans if we needed to go a different route. If I had hesitations about something she listened to what I had to say and then thought about what would be best for a good outcome
2012 - 2018
Ask questions if you don't understand something
She was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures
They answered any question I had no matter if I thought it sounded weird and they were very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It's a busy clinic but the staff know you by name so you're not just a number. It made me feel more at ease that they took the time to know you and your spouse/s.o. The staff took their time when you called and spoke to them.
2009 - 2011
She [Dr. Huang] took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush... We chose her because a friend highly recommended her. We liked her and felt confident having her for a doctor. It was a little strange when she apologized when we found out we were pregnant with twins because we were thrilled and somehow she thought we'd be disappointed...She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good...
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at IVF New England?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at IVF New England?
She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at IVF New England?
She took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at IVF New England and their degree of success.
It was a long time ago. Sorry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF New England.
She was great. More friendly than the doctor.
Describe your experience with IVF New England.
7-8 years ago they had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at IVF New England.
IVF New England