Medical SchoolBoston U.
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801
758 Eddy St
Providence, RI 02903
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pei-Li Huang to a friend?
9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Solutions of New England to a friend?
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this.... However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this. If you’re looking for a clinic where you’re not a number and your hand is held every step of the way, this is the place to go. However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm (and by the way, my case was very complicated and somewhat a mystery!). Often times I craved upfront and candid direction but was instead given a range of choices that could work, or could not work, it would all totally depend. Again, infertility is frustrating and unclear for many, but at a certain point, I needed a more experienced doctor/surgeon to take over my case so I moved on to another clinic for another opinion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Smaller clinics like Fertility Solutions certainly have their benefits (more individualized attention, personal experiences, safe and comfortable environments), but because they see a smaller number of patients, they tend to not “see it all” in terms of cases and conditions. If you have a complicated diagnosis, go with a larger hospital or clinic with more doctors.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Everyone at Fertility Solutions, including the nurses, all of the doctors and the front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were caring, kind and empathetic. They delivered negative news to me in a delicate and careful way and Dr Huang and her nurses never made me feel as though I was bothering them with all my questions and worries. They always answered their phones and called right back, which is rare for a fertility clinic.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
I started with IUI as most fertility clinics do. This was when I didn’t have a diagnosis of endometriosis yet. All 3 cycles failed. I moved to IVF and I was put on 225 units of Gonal F and cetrotide. I remember thinking my Gonal F needed to be increased more after a certain stage of egg development but they kept it about the same. I had 23 eggs retrieved. No hyper-stimulation. Did a fresh transfer which resulted in an ovarian ectopic. I sadly lost my ovary in the surgery I received to remove the pregnancy. But I bounced back fairly quickly and transferred the remaining 6 embryos I had left, month after month. All failed. I did one more egg retrieval with Dr Huang with my one ovary and they retrieved 9 eggs. 3 became embryos and we did PGS. Only 1 was normal and sadly, I had another ectopic. This was when we decided to switch clinics
They were all wonderful, helpful and compassionate. Well aligned with the mission of Fertility Solutions. When I switched clinics, I missed their high level of attentiveness and care.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
There are only 3 doctors at Fertility Solutions. Even though Dr Huang was my primary doctor, I often saw the other two for ultrasounds and they called me for bloodwork results or next steps. I got to know all of them, and all of them were wonderful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I could go in between 7-9am and I actually enjoyed my monitoring visits! The reason is because I loved the staff at the Woburn office. Jaime, the woman who draws blood there (she’s the only one!) is warm, sweet and nurturing. It was a pleasure talking to her - she distracted me from the pain and stress and made me smile every single time I was in. I am so grateful for her and for Deb, an admin at the Woburn office as well. What a wonderful team they were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I was lucky to have insurance cover the majority of my treatments, so I did not pay much out of pocket.
Describe Pei-Li Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
We did eSET which I thought was the right choice
Cambridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Round 1[with Dr. Pei-Li Huang]: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I had a great experience with Dr. Huang and all the doctors at Fertility Solitions. They are informative, transparent, and easily accessible for questions. Dr. Huang always makes herself available when I need to call her, and she personally delivers the news about how our embryos are developing after retrieval. I have had a great experience with Dr. Huang.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Huang is always happy to explain things.
Dr. Huang is the most caring, personable doctor I’ve seen. She truly cares about her patients and shows empathy and compassion.
Round 1: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
The nurses are so caring, compassionate, and informative. They are always available to answer questions and return phone calls the same day
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am
The intake process for routine monitoring was very smooth. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes, even without an appointment
Deductibles and co-pays for appointments and medications
Dr. Huang prefers single embryo transfer
Providence

She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.... For medicated IUI cycles she recommended letrozole rather than clomid due to lining issues and also a reduced chance of multiples. They do blood work and ultrasound monitoring with all medicated cycles.
She is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.
Advocate for yourself. She is great about answering questions so don’t be afraid to be annoying by reaching out so you feel comfortable.
She was very attentive to our specific situation and needs. I appreciated that she responded directly to my questions with a returned phone call rather than communicating through the nurse. She was willing to answer lots of questions which I found helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
They were very kind during failed cycles when I was upset. Flexible with scheduling and very positive about our prospects without being annoying. I felt very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
Unmonitored/unmedicated IUI was $475 out of pocket. Medicated/monitored IUI was $1,000 out of pocket, which included all monitoring appointments. Medication was billed separately through the pharmacy. They are very transparent about pricing.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic... I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand...Two medicated IUI cycles-...was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
We are still in the middle of treatment between our 1st and 2nd IVF cycles with Dr. Huang. I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand. She is hopeful, empathetic and also realistic in setting expectations.
Try to get an appointment with her!
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic.
Two medicated IUI cycles- we tried this before moving onto IVF due to lack of insurance coverage. If we had coverage at the time, I would have rather gone directly to IVF, but Dr. Huang was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Quick turnaround time to make an appointment. Financial team, nurses and doctors are obviously a cohesive team trying to make things easy for their patients and it shows. Your doctors will perform all IVF related ultrasounds, which also isn't typical at other clinics and in my opinion is a huge relief and benefit to this clinic.
Still in progress
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She answered every single question I ever had, hugged me when I needed it and held my hand through every test, procedure, and ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and bring any information you may have collected outside of what she has told you for review.
We started with chlomid. It's protocol and insurance makes you go through steps: Chlomid, a certain amount of rounds of IUI and then you can do IVF. That was our protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
The nursing staff in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart!
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I love this clinic. I just wish they did the procedures in Woburn, as it is MUCH closer to our home.
We were almost 100% covered by insurance.
Woburn

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Huang is a kind and compassionate doctor. Several days following my miscarriage, she called me personally to make sure that I was okay. My first retrieval yielded less eggs than anticipated, and I am curious to see what changes in medications, etc. that she will recommend for my upcoming retrieval. I'm hoping for a better outcome...Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions if you are unsure of anything.
Baseline AFC showed 12-16 follicles. Antagonist protocol was used; started with 250 follistim; was dropped to 150 after a few days because of increased estrogen. Stimmed for approx. 8 days. Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Convenient locations in and around the Boston/southeast MA area. I experienced poor communication with the financial team at the beginning of my cycle. As a self-pay customer, I called to coordinate payment with the financial coordinator. I left a message and did not hear back from her. I had to call repeatedly to get a response.
IVF fresh with included frozen transfer, around $9000.

2012 - 2018
She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures...I found her to be very knowledgeable regarding what may work best for me and had backup plans if we needed to go a different route. If I had hesitations about something she listened to what I had to say and then thought about what would be best for a good outcome
2012 - 2018
Ask questions if you don't understand something
She was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures
They answered any question I had no matter if I thought it sounded weird and they were very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It's a busy clinic but the staff know you by name so you're not just a number. It made me feel more at ease that they took the time to know you and your spouse/s.o. The staff took their time when you called and spoke to them.
Dedham

As stated I saw her [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] through the VA. Initially to inquire on a vasectomy reversal. She examined me on first appt and said I was a good canidate. It had been 28 years since my vasectomy and she explained the procedures and the possibility that it may not be succesfull... She scheduled my reversal surgery after initial exam. Surgery was intense procedure due to the time time since vasectomy. Surgery was 50% successful as one side had too much scar tissue
As stated I saw her through the VA. Initially to inquire on a vasectomy reversal. She examined me on first appt and said I was a good canidate. It had been 28 years since my vasectomy and she explained the procedures and the possibility that it may not be succesfull
Be honest with her and trust her medical experience
I saw Dr Huang through the VA. Went tyo her originally to inquire on vasectomy reversal and if the VA covered the procedure. They did and based on a exam I was qualified
Helpful but overwhelmed at the VA
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The VA is a tremendous organization that helps so many vets. With that said, the amount of patients they see causes a delay in timely appointments. At her office in Providence, I did 4 seamen analysis and they staff was kind and helpful
Fortunately being a vet, my costs were minimle.
I do not

2009 - 2011
She [Dr. Huang] took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush... We chose her because a friend highly recommended her. We liked her and felt confident having her for a doctor. It was a little strange when she apologized when we found out we were pregnant with twins because we were thrilled and somehow she thought we'd be disappointed...She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good...
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She wasn't the warmest doctor I've ever had, but she is really good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF?
She took the time to talk with me and wasn't in a rush.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
It was a long time ago. Sorry.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
She was great. More friendly than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
7-8 years ago they had a few practices that were not very lgbt friendly... like I'm my wife had to take a pregnancy test & an HIV test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Boston IVF.
Boston IVF