Medical SchoolU. of Missouri - Kansas City
ResidencySt. John’s Mercy
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter Ahlering to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?
IUI, 2 IVF
He [Dr. Ahlering] is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.... He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you".
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
$20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield
I feel like [Dr. Peter Ahlering is] a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other option
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment
Anovulation, Male Factor
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.... I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
Chesterfield
Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful...Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful, even going so far as to say that with our numbers we were looking at at least one and maybe two live births. Needless to say, when I ended up with dramatically fewer eggs (10 not 20), embryos (2) and no live births, I was very disappointed/heartbroken and angry at myself for spending our life savings on something we were lead to believe was a pretty sure thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Take his enthusiasm for your chances of success with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, he is selling a very expensive service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We had specifically requested a later retrieval because my husband has had a demonstrably lower count/quality in the mornings. We had also discussed a Sunday retrieval with Dr. Aubuchon (we saw her for our pre-retrieval appointment instead of Dr. Ahlering because he was busy). After this appointment we were scheduled for the very first 7 am appointment on Saturday. When we called in to ask why and how to get this changed, we were basically told that they could not and would not change it - like it or lump it! - and that they had 70 other patients and were too busy to accommodate our needs... even if we had spent $10000+ in patients to MCRM specifically for the treatment.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I purchased the IVF Gold package. Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time, Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange. Overall, she did a good job before that and the decision to just squeeze us in was not hers. So, although we had a very heated exchange, overall she did an acceptable job.
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Overall, MCRM is a marketing machine that is attempting to grow their clinic and attract new patients. They do offer relatively low prices and are interested in using newer technologies to improve success. I do think they believe they are doing good for people, however, it is hard to understand how any clinic can excuse charging such high prices to cash pay patients while giving huge discounts to insuranced patients (through their agreements with the insurance companies) but this is an industry-wide issue not specific to MCRM. Dr. Ahlering is knowledgable and wants a good outcome for his patients. Even so, they are actively building on to their facility with new construction, etc. The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
$10,000 for the Gold package with discounts $3500 for medication $2200 for PGS testing (we ultimately decided not to do this when we only had 2 embryos, we had been told we were likely to have 8+ when we started the process)
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We had two embryos and he was more than happy to transfer two embyros. From what I have heard, he is willing to transfer more embryos if that means a successful pregnancy, regardless of risk of multiples. The clinic seems to have a relatively high number of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Columbia
While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen...I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes... He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
Chesterfield
Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care... Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
Chesterfield
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment [with Dr. Ahlering] to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals... My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The doctor performed an ultrasound to count my follicles and give me positive affirmations instead of a nurse. He took time to ask questions to make a personal connection and his staff was incredibly knowledgeable...
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Not getting to meet the doctor in person was difficult but we trusted him from his reputation. He seemed to care about us and was positive he could help us get pregnant. Once we met in person I was thrilled. He is ridiculously smart but so personal. He was funny and confident. He earned my respect within in 5 minutes and that help ease my stress and panic since this was my first time with IVF.
If you have the financial means go meet him in person first so that you can be at ease. Do your research on his clinic and ground breaking technology he has created. His staff will help you via phone and email.
My husband took the hcg shot twice and I was on Lupron to prevent ovulation. Prenatal vitamins had begun. Birth control was first step the first day I started my cycle again to control my cycle. Then follistim was used to start to grow the follicles. Menopur was taken twice to help with ovarian quality. Hgh was also take twice to help mature the eggs and of course the HCG trigger shot was given 72 hours prior to retrieval. When the doctor did my ultrasound he wanted the follicles to be bigger so he added two more days of follistim. I went to see if the follicles had grown and they had to the perfect range he wanted. He scheduled my egg retrieval on a Sunday. He wanted to wait for 5 day fresh transfer be said he felt like my egg reserve was good and it was our 1st attempt. We transferred two embryos which was a mutual agreement given my age of 33 years old. One embryo stuck and we are now 12 weeks pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
She was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
Nothing too fancy. It's in Chesterfield, MO. He could use a interior designer but unthinking hey are so busy making dreams come true to worry about decor
Around $15k from A to Z Due to our income we didn't qualify for any prescription discounts and our insurance paid zero.
Columbia
He [Dr. Ahlering] was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again...He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.
Male Factor, Other
Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering is wonderful! He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He is patient and kind. He really takes his time to answer questions and reassure you. He was open to ideas that I had and gave me his honest opinions. I never felt discriminated against because I'm a single mother by choice...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Tell him everything that is bothering you or anything you have questions about. He will take the time to help you!
I had one or two egg retrievals. I had failed IUI at a previous clinic, so we didn't waste time with that. I don't remember exactly all of the drugs I was on to stim, but I know it was way less than with my previous doctor and I got the same number of eggs every time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Most of it was covered by insurance
Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ahlering] treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one...He is warm, kind and very smart...I was an out of state patient and my IVF coordinator called to check on me and made sure I could reach her on weekends and after hours. She even sent me an email on Thanksgiving when I needed help. Dr. Ahlering's staff went above and beyond for me...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is warm, kind and very smart. He treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one.
Make sure you understand the drug protocols before you need to administer the injections.
My husband took clomid and ovidrel to prepare for the cycle. Follistim cd5-11 Menopur cd 9. &11 Ganirelix cd 11 Dual trigger Hcg boosters after retrieval
Rachel is smart, caring and fun! She held my hand during retrieval and transfer. She made sure I could always reach her if I needed anything.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's a small and clean office. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was an out of state patient and saw another doctor for monitoring. However, MCRM called with results the same day.
$7,500 basic fresh cycle for out of state patient
Chesterfield
Dr. A [Ahlering] is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay...Dr. A explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel like a human because you can tell he really cares most about getting you pregnant....Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay. I think his team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized.
Be patient. Try not to stress too much, it will cause several setbacks.
Right now we are trying IUI because we cannot afford IVF at this time. Likelihood of successful IUI is 10% each time. Protocol is 3 Letrozole 7.5mg for 5 days. Trigger shot. Progesterone for 10 days after IUI. Dr. A told us with IVF we have 85% of success with 2 IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is great, no complaints. She really cares and she is on top of the IUI schedule.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- Team is not organized and needs to communicate better. Strength- Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
IUI is about $1,700 a time. IVF (silver plan) is $16,500 for everything. Includes ICSI.
Haven't found out what he prefers yet. Once we are able to do IVF I will hopefully know.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
I really like Dr. Ahlering. He is understanding, calm, and kind. I feel like my husband and I receive very good care from him. He is always willing to answer your questions, no matter what it is. I have always felt well cared for by him. He tries to give the best options for us, and know a that everyone isn't cookie cutter. He is up to date on the latest in fertility advancements.... He is very personable, answers all your questions, caring.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don't be afraid to ask any questions.
He is very personable, answers all your questions, caring.
I was on Gonal-f and Menopure
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Van Winkle)
She always returned my emails and calls. Was always helpful, and very nice. My coordinator changed because we have frozen eggs, and I didn't care for her as much. Her name is Rachel. We had planned on a transfer earlier this year, and I wasn't on the proper protocol. And because she thought that we were transferring embryos, things were overlooked. I had to tell her that we only had eggs. It was very upsetting to have another set back.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They have poor communication at times. Like the clinicians don't communicate with each other. That is a very frustrating issue. The support staff is very nice and helpful. The nurses are very nice and easy to speak to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I feel like he is comparable or a little bit cheaper than other clinics.
Chesterfield
The entire staff and especially Dr Ahlering treated me and my husband with such compassion. Never made me feel like I was silly for my questions and we so sensitive to our situation...He was very thorough and patient. Took his time explaining every result and question I might have. He is passionate about the work he does and it shows through his treatment of patients. I felt like I was in the best hands while there.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don’t be afraid, he will make you feel comfortable and explain everything no matter how many tines you ask.
We have not had any treatments yet only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
There was some initial confusion with our insurance but the staff cleared it up completely and quickly
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Very clean and organized. The rooms were nicely decorated to nake you feel more at home. Location is easy to find and very comfortable. It is a place I don’t feel nervous in because I know I am in good hands
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He seemed less expansive than other places I had researched. However it’s still very expensive
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We love Dr Ahlering, he explains everything in great detail and answers all our questions , he remains sensitive during this tough time but he also gives us a good laugh and keeps things light during our appointments which we really like. The only complaint we have is when we show up for appointments he doesn’t seemed quite organized and familiar with our file in the beginning and it takes a minute for him to get up to speed , which I know he is very busy so we understand and it’s not a big deal but it is something that could be improved on
You will love MCRM just ask all the questions to can to fully understand everything
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you , it is a great place to go thru this
We are getting ready to start and IVF cycle in May .
The staff at MCRM is amazing . They are all sweet and caring and very knowledge .
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength is going above and beyond for their patients , from events for support and fun to the infertility conference they put on once a year , they really make you feel supported and like you are not alone in this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We will be doing the gold IVF package , the cost for the package and drugs will be 18,500
Dr Ahlering uses eSET which we prefer and was one of the reasons we picked him. It is safer to not have multiples in a pregnancy and that was not something we were interested in so this fit with our vision
Chesterfield
As a visual person, I liked when he [Dr. Peter Ahlering] explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial)...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
As a visual person, I liked when he explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial).
Ask questions! You can't ask too many.
Egg Retrivial: Cetrotide, Gonal, and Menapour Transfer: (Will be) Estrogen patch and pill, and the pio shots and vaginal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information but very quick to answer all my questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Nice atmosphere. Nurses help each other out. Good about helping if/when meds run out. Online portal is a good tool. If not doing a cycle, appointments are more difficult to get. Charged a copay for every time I just met and talked to the Dr in person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
5500 for PGS and PGD. 100 for meds. 2500 down payment. 500/year for freezing of embryos. Haven't gotten full dollar amount after insurance and from clinic.
Didn't talk to Dr about number. Decided on only 1 myself.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable & trustworthy. He was always positive & confident we would be successful. He is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients & helping them achieve their dream of having children.... One stim cycle using Follistum, Ganirelex, menupur, hcg & dual trigger. PGS testing. Egg donor cycle 9 embryos tested & 6 came back normal. Transferred August 2016 but miscarriage in October 2016. Second transfer on 1-30-17 of 2 embryos. Currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with singleton.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Write down a list of questions you would like answered.
Doctor and staff are very caring & compassionate.
She's very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Clinic staff could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.
25k
He recommends transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time but will transfer two of client prefers.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He [Dr Peter Ahlering] gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
So compassionate! Not in it for the money...he will do ANYTHING to help you have the baby you so desperately want. He's truly amazing! Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!
Just let him direct you and trust! He knows exactly how to handle every situation.
He's amazing. Finally...I feel like we have a chance, because he's the best of the best!!
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: VanWinkle)
Caring, patient, gentle, understanding.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All strengths!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
What I paid was almost 40% less than what the clinic usually charges, as he was willing to cut all corners to help us!!! He's truly amazing.
Chesterfield
Confident in his [Dr. Ahlering] abilities and on the cutting edge of the newest technology. He loves what he does. Makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to talk to you, never rushes. Sometimes jumps around when you talk to him- battling ideas/working problems but it can lead to confusion...Recommended tese for MFI but numbers went up so we didn't use it. Resulted in no normal embryos. Wish we had stuck with original protocol...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Confident in his abilities and on the cutting edge of the newest technology. He loves what he does. Makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to talk to you, never rushes. Sometimes jumps around when you talk to him- battling ideas/working problems but it can lead to confusion.
Understand the packages! You may pay for a transfer you can never use.
Sincere, geniuine interactions with the entire staff, from the accountant all the way to Dr. a
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen A)
So sweet and truly caring. She went out of her way to take care of me when risk of OHSS was high. A great listener.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Wonderful team, great facility. They try to make the experience as easy, convenient and comfortable as possible. I would look into their success numbers more- a higher pregnancy rate is based almost only in transferring viable embryos (PGS testing). Not everyone will get a viable embryo to transfer.
Peter Ahlering
We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle [with Dr. Ahlering]. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month...This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready...From the start he has made us feel like our best interest is his priority and he wants to help us. He has even called us after hours to set up our appointment.
This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready. The clinic is half of the past clinic we have worked with and their success rates are much higher. We are very hopeful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you give them all the k formation they need.
We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer A)
Everyone on the staff has been kind in returning emails the same day and calling as needed as we don't live in Missouri.
We haven't yet visited the clinic as we don't live in Missouri. Everything has been done remotely.
MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts.
IUI, 2 IVF
Dr. A [Peter Ahlering] is easy to talk to and it's obvious he genuinely cares about his patients.... Expect that some of your appointments will be behind schedule. He is thorough and likes to spend as much time with each individual patient as needed, so it's not uncommon to have an appointment be behind schedule. Sometimes my wife would wait for up to 30 minutes.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great. My wife was comfortable and so was I. I went there for my semen analysis before we met with him, and I knew I'd like the organization because of the staff. Dr. A runs a happy facility. He is willing to spend as much time with you as needed, which is great (except when he's running behind because of it).
Dr. A is easy to talk to and it's obvious he genuinely cares about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay VanWinkle)
My wife loves our coordinator which makes the entire process a heck of a lot easier. I am not a fan of needles, so I struggled with blood draws. Lindsay helped me feel at ease and I am happy to report I stopped passing out. She makes my wife feel comfortable every single time she is there.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The only thing I think you should be aware of is the long wait (this isn't always true, but it does happen).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I believe we paid about 30,000 for meds, two retrievals and one transfer.
Chesterfield
Dr Ahlering spoke with us several times at length on the phone. Gave us our options and even referred us to a closer clinic should we choose to try IUI first to save us on travel... So far we are very pleased with Dr Ahlering. We were impressed he would refer us somewhere else for an IUI as we felt he was thinking of our best interest. We ended up naturally pregnant immediately after seeing him, however we lost the pregnancy and are deciding how to proceed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We have just had diagnostic labs/ testing. So far we are very pleased with Dr Ahlering. We were impressed he would refer us somewhere else for an IUI as we felt he was thinking of our best interest. We ended up naturally pregnant immediately after seeing him, however we lost the pregnancy and are deciding how to proceed.
We have only had diagnostic labs/testing. He suggested an IUI as the next step. He suggested intercourse every day at the peak of my cycle. We did get pregnant, but lost the baby. We will follow up with him after my cycle returns.
The majority of our contact was setting up the appointment and lab draws. Since our miscarriage we have heard from Jennifer Bader asking how we are and that they are thinking of us. I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of compassion.
Our diagnostic testing for both my husband and myself was around $500
IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
My only complaint about Dr A [Peter Ahlering]is that he can sometimes get distracted or sidetracked, so it's best to write down your questions before meeting with him. Other than that, I literally can't think of anyone else I'd change about MCRM and Dr A.... He is kind, funny and compassionate. He always makes time to meet with you personally and answer questions.
IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My only complaint about Dr A is that he can sometimes get distracted or sidetracked, so it's best to write down your questions before meeting with him. Other than that, I literally can't think of anyone else I'd change about MCRM and Dr A.
As I previously said, make sure you keep a list of questions handy so you can be sure to stay focused while meeting. He likes to talk!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Incredibly understanding and patient, deeply passionate about helping her patients. She made every visit less scary and made every question easy to ask. My coordinator was invaluable!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are specific cycle weeks, so be prepared to be on birth control to get your cycle ready with theirs. The staff is friendly. Dr. A is thorough, so it's not uncommon to be behind schedule/late to appointments, but it's because he's always (always) wanting to be sure you fully understand everything. Amazing place!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Reasonably priced, all things considered. He is not the most expensive in St. Louis and tries to keep cost low.
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. A[hlering] was kind and knowledgeable...really knows his research, which I appreciated because you need innovative and an outside the box thinker sometimes. He explained procedures in detail and gave thorough explanations and always directed me to the right people...I was monitored at an out of town clinic.
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is so knowledgeable and really knows his research, which I appreciated because you need innovative and an outside the box thinker sometimes. He explained procedures in detail and gave thorough explanations and always directed me to the right people.
My nurse was incredibly helpful and made me feel like she was on my journey with me. Dr. A was kind and knowledgeable.
Jen A was an absolute angel in the IVF process. She was available, answered any questions and made me feel positive and hopeful.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They have a great team and know that each person has a role, so they may transfer you around. But, it’s clear that people there love what they do because they are kind and compassionate. They were helpful for whatever I needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was monitored at an out of town clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I did a two banking cycle retrievals, a fertilization and FET with ICSI and embryoscope for $14,000
Chesterfield
If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he [Dr. Ahlering] is probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff...Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable and caring. He always took time to explain every step of our treatment plan to us. Dr Ahlering was extremely supportive and understanding and did all that he could to help us through the rough times
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he's probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff.
He met with us and went over my medical history. He listened and was very caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey and Rachel )
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and always willing to answer any questions that I had. Very friendly and supportive
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has recently expanded and is state of the art. The entire staff was very friendly and readily available to help in any way needed. Everyone is extremely caring and empathetic. They take the time to get to know you even though they see so many patients
Chesterfield
Dr. Ahlering was a wonderful doctor! We felt confident with him and even when things didn't go as planned the first round, he met with us and talked about the reasons why and a plan for the next round... We did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirellix.... Dr. Ahlering explained every step of the process. He was very thorough and compassionate.
European, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Make a list of all of your questions before you meet with him.
We did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirellix.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lindsay. She was so helpful and answered all of my millions of questions. She made everything clear and was so helpful. She always got back to me very quickly and kept me informed. I felt like we had a friend/cheerleader throughout the process.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The place is very nice and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid out of pocket and the IVF cost around $10,000 plus $3,000-$4,000 in medication.
He recommends testing one embryo if it is PGS tested, but will definitely let you do two if you want.
Chesterfield
Very educated and thorough explaining medical procedures and options. We spent an hour with him [Dr. Peter Ahlering] the first visit. Although we have been unable to see him since starting treatment, we have had questions answered through our corrdinator which work out just fine.... So far my husband has had an in depth semin analysis, I had blood work and ultrasounds: we decided to do ovidril with the letrozole and after one month with that we have done IUI once
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Very educated and thorough explaining medical procedures and options. We spent an hour with him the first visit. Although we have been unable to see him since starting treatment, we have had questions answered through our corrdinator which work out just fine.
Don't stress about everything before you get all your options heard and understood
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is great with organizing and arranging my treatments and getting back to me with questions
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Short waiting time and great with answering billing questions. Waiting room is comfortable and the receptionists are kind
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I don't remember the consultation fee but the ultrasounds are $200 and IUI is $300 I believe
Chesterfield
[Dr. Ahlering] Always made sure I understood what was going on and answered all my questions...Him and his staff are great to work with... The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Him and his staff are great to work with. They always answer all my questions I may. The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Always made sure I understood what was going on and answered all my questions.
I had a baseline ultrasound, a mid cycle ultrasound and then the IUI. I was on Letrozole, Gonal and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
She is great!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They seem to run on time alot which is very nice.
Each ultrasound is $200 and the IUI is $500. Medicine is around $100
Chesterfield
Dr. Aherling is very kind and understanding. He is very open to hearing how you would like treatment to proceed as well as having a recommendation. My experience as a patient has been easy. I am always able to get my questions answered in a timely way and feel as if I have access to ask those questions to him and his very knowledgeable staff.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Trust him. He is an expert in his field and I know that he would never steer anyone wrong. Also, ask questions! Treatments can be overwhelming and stressful so if you have a concern or a question, speak up!
He is very knowledgeable about my circumstances. When he walk in the room, he knows exactly where I am at in my cycle, and what we need to discuss
She is always available for questions and willing to find the answers
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic has many stengths. First their ability to make you feel like a human in a very scientific experience and they make you feel like a priority.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Prices were comparable with other clinics
Chesterfield
Dr Ahlering was always available to answer any questions I had. He was always kind and provided words of encouragement. He took time to explain the process to us and helped us come up with our next plan.... Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable. He uses all the newest technology and is willing to go the extra mile to help you get a positive outcome. I was very impressed with him and wished I had found him first!!!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Trust him! He definitely knows what he is doing!
i don't remember the drugs and dosages we used. We did use Gonal-f. We retrieved 4 eggs (I only have one ovary), 3 fertilized normally and all 3 were transferred on day 3. We were pregnant with twins but one stopped growing at 8 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Peggy Reed)
Peggy and the rest of the staff were all warm and caring. They all go above and beyond
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM is the best. They go above and beyond!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid for our cycle, the embryoscope, embryo glue and nano beads also meds
Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] was compassionate and thorough at every visit.... They [MCRM-Chesterfield] weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great and I would recommend him on a personal level but can’t provide insight past a couple of visits. I didn’t move forward with ivf due to finances but I felt comfortable with him, and his knowledge. He was compassionate and thorough at every visit.
Ask questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Unexpected costs of $3000 for labs not covered by insurance.
Chesterfield
Dr. Ahlering was amazing. Simply could not have asked for a better dr. He responded to my inquiry quickly and answered any and all questions I had. He was very compassionate and explained to us exactly what was going to happen.... ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead... Shawnie [a nurse at MCRM] sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.... A couple times that I needed bloodwork, Shawnie did not call in orders to Quest. I would get to Quest and have to get ahold of her while there, for tests to be ordered.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don't give up. He performs miracles.
ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead
Shawnie sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.