Available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Missouri - Kansas City
ResidencySt. John’s Mercy
17300 North Outer Forty
Chesterfield, MO 63005
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter Ahlering to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend MCRM to a friend?
We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. ... I feel he is very knowledgeable, and does spend a lot of time with his patients. He is a very kind Dr., and will pretty much do what you ask of him. And, if he doesn't know an answer, he will do his best to find out for you. ... For my egg retrieval he gave me gonal-f, menopur. And my trigger shot was ovidrel.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very smart man, and his statistics speak for themselves.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
At times I really feel like there is a break down of communication with their office and my husband and I. I feel like we have very poor follow up from their clinic. We have Male factor infertility, so my husband is now seeing a urologist. He has been under his care for 3 months. After his 1 month follow-up with the urologist, MCRM contacted us because they said he will need labs after he had just had them drawn and a SA. We hadn't heard from MCRM for at least 2 months, no check ins or anything. And it was like they were demanding that my husband have these tests done. So. I called the urologists office and they said, no it takes 3 months for Clomid to start working and he didn't need to have labs since he had just had them drawn. And when I called MCRM to let them know we'd just follow up with the urologist, they were a little irritated. But, we didn't feel it was necessary. We barely have any communication with them right now. No check ins or anything.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at MCRM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Courtney Mitan)
I have only communicated with her through email, but she is always prompt in responding back, and answers all my questions. She is always nice.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has poor communication with each other. The Dr and nursing staff are great, the office staff is helpful. At times, I feel like there is a lot of miscommunication in their billing department, about things that I need to pay out of pocket for and things that should be billed to insurance. I am so glad I now have coverage for infertility. Last year around this time my previous coordinator made a huge mistake. We had planned to do our transfer in December and the coordinator didn't realize that we had frozen eggs not embryos. Even though she had my chart (I think) and the office wasn't prepared to do our transfer. We didn't know my husband needed to see a urologist to do a work up for his azospermia. Super frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Had to pay out of pocket for some things that I didn't feel that we should have. I feel they are comparable to other clinics.
Chesterfield

Dr Alhering has done several of my ultrasounds and office visits. ... He's very kind and does a good job explaining things and his reasoning behind treatment. ... Consultations with him can last more than an hour and he never leaves until you are content. He is also really good at making sure your are covered except immediately during procedures and making eye contact with you when he can. ...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We went to Ahlering because everyone we told we were doing IVF said he was their doctor when they got pregnant from IVF or IUI. We are starting our first round of FET with him after and ERA cycle and an egg retrieval. He's very kind and does a good job explaining things and his reasoning behind treatment. I also like that he pays attention to my modesty and jokes as appropriate. My only issue is that the clinic has a timeline for patients and they aren't always prepared for patients that need a slightly different timeline.
Talk to him - ignore the marketing guy and actually get to know him.
Dr Alhering has done several of my ultrasounds and office visits. He is always friendly and kind. Jokes about my "shy" left ovary but can always find it. He did my ERA biopsy last month and was wonderfully supportive during the four tissue samples. Consultations with him can last more than an hour and he never leaves until you are content. He is also really good at making sure your are covered except immediately during procedures and making eye contact with you when he can.
IUIs - gonal-f at 75 IU for 5 days, trigger with ovidrel after midcycle scan. IUIs done by PA, Cierra. IVF: antagonist protocol. Started daily HGH injections before cycle and coQ10. I was unusual - he usually does birth control pills before cycle but because I had a delayed period from my prior IVF he had to induce a period with Provera. Use Gonal-f, menopur, centrotride (sp?). Triggered with lupron and Hcg. Shorter stim - I really think I needed another day and more monitoring. We got 7 eggs, 4 mature, all 4 fertilized. Two died on day 5 as day 4 morulas and 2 are frozen for transfer. ERA test: accepted into clinical trial. Low cost meds, good monitoring. I aslo wanted to do receptiva and he told me he didn't think I needed it but if I wanted it he would support it. Did BC pills then estrace patches every 3rd day with oral estradiol at 4mg. PIO injections started on day 5. He ordered plenty of meds so I would have everything I needed for the ERA and the next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina (IUI), Rachel (FET), Jen (IVF))
Christina - she always called on the day she said she would, even with a high patient load. Did not always follow through on details. Jen - probably the poorest communicator of the group. Often had to ask about care to get responses/info. Rachel - great about responding. Overall - you can tell MCRM has grown very quickly and some things about patient care have not been fully developed 9I think the teams are overloaded) - but overall the nurses were really nice.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM - the marketing guy (Dale) is awful - probably the clinic's biggest weakness. The facebook posts border on offensive, the baby butt ad is awful, and the podcast is not always supportive of what infertility patients need. Doctors - both Ahlering and Aubuchon were really good and patient. The clinic has grown a lot quickly and sometimes it shows but overall they really care. Billing - up front and really helpful. The receptionist could not figure out some issue and the billing manager called in on her day off to resolve the issue. Willing to charge in small increments so I could use credit card cash back as a 1.5% "discount". Lab - the embryologists and embryo lab are amazing. All my eggs fertilized and 2 made it to blastocyst. They sent videos! The only thing I didn't like was if you day 5 falls on a Saturday or Sunday you do not receive a call about your embryos -the extra two days were so stressful and I debated the entire time if we had decided on the wrong clinic. We also transferred an embryo in and they were amazing at coordinating this. I even got a follow-up email telling me the embryo was settled in his new tank. The portal is awful - you can't reply to messages! Flow sheet is impossible to find in the app. Hate the portal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We did the "gold" package - egg retrieval and one FET. No genetic testing. We added PICSI (so worth it) and embryoscope (SO worth it). PICI was $200; embryoscope $800. Our cost with educator discount was $10,500 for cycle plus $500 anesthesiologist (he was great) and $1500 meds.
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at MCRM.
He prefers eSET - was very happy when we told him one embryo but said he would do two if we really wanted but his recommendation was eSET.
Chesterfield

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM.

2017 - 2019
We are happy with Dr Ahlering. He addresses our concerns professionally and respectfully. He states his opinion on medical issues with research or examples to explain. Our biggest struggle is balancing those medical opinions with reality/the financial aspect of fertility treatments... IUI: letrozole pills (5 days) and gonal 150 u injected (3 days) 3 negatives IVF: menopur, cetrotide, gonal. CoQ10, DHEA, and omnitrope added for 2nd retrieval. 1st retrieval 13 eggs, 8 mature. 2nd retrieval 4 mature eggs. 4 initially fertilized but did not grow to genetic testing stage
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be prepared with questions but dont be afraid to contact again later after you've had time to process the large amounts of information given
Spent adequate time with us. Answer our questions fully
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina (IUI))
Christina was our coordinator for IUI. She was amazing. Although we were not successful and eventually moved on to IVF, she was very helpful. She was calm and helped me to relax even when sharing news we didnt want to hear. Her compassion and overall presence was appreciated
Describe your experience with MCRM.
People in the office are generally friendly and helpful. I've been happy with our medical care. We sometimes werent sure what the next steps were. After a few months we got the routine down, but sometimes felt lost, especially in the beginning. Dont be afraid to ask questions when things get confusing. We struggled the most with the financial department. These are big decisions and big payments. I think sometimes others who see it all the time may forget that
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
IUI approximately $1000 per round plus medications IVF $16000 for 2 egg retrievals (with egg banking first round) and no transfer completed, plus additional for medications
We were not able to transfer so discussed this very little

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr. Ahlering is the best fertility specialist I have ever worked with. He listens, he genuinely cares, he explains everything with great detail and he offers so many advanced options with IVF treatment that my last doctor didn’t utilize/believe in... Dr. Ahlering used the full IVF protocol instead of the Mini protocol our last doctor used. We had wonderful results with this protocol. He prescribed me Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel and another trigger shot. He also had me on a vitamin regimen of Coq10, omega, DHEA, and prenatals. He retrieved 18 eggs, 17 of those were mature eggs. Of the 18, 16 fertilized. And we ended up with 6 day 5 blastocysts that are currently being genetically tested.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Go to Dr. Ahlering!! You won’t regret your decision to atleast set up a consultation to meet with him. He will listen to you.
Dr. Ahlering’s office is warm and welcoming. He is also a very kind person. They take the time to listen, instead of rushing you in and out like an assembly line.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Hoelting)
Jen was awesome! I was able to meet with her in person before we started our cycle. She went over medication instructions with me which was extremely helpful. She was always quick to respond to any questions I ever had.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM will take great care of you. From the front desk receptionist, to the nurses and lab staff, they were all wonderful to work with! They make sure you leave with full understanding of what the next step are. They are organized and caring. I wish I had gone straight to MCRM instead of trying other specialists first. It would have saved us a ton of time and money.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr. Ahlering offers 3 different IVF plans. We chose the Gold plan that costs $15,500.
Dr. Ahlering will try to talk you into a single embryo transfer, but he will allow 2 embryos to be transferred if you feel strongly about doing so.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. A [Peter Ahlering] is a wonderful communicator. He is definitely an intelligent doctor who knows what he is doing. I am very impressed with how long he has being working in the infertility field. I have confidence in him as a patient and I appreciate several long phone calls he has endured with me to answer multiple questions. Though he has not been able to get us pregnant I still have full confidence in who he is as a Dr.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is a wonderful communicator. He is definitely an intelligent doctor who knows what he is doing. I am very impressed with how long he has being working in the infertility field. I have confidence in him as a patient and I appreciate several long phone calls he has endured with me to answer multiple questions. Though he has not been able to get us pregnant I still have full confidence in who he is as a Dr.
It would be helpful to go more in depth on the front end and ask more of the “realistic expectations” for what truly goes into Each procedure. And what you can expect at every stage of the game. So if you make it past the egg retrieval then you wait x amount of time before xyz I would ask any and all questions. I wish I would have asked more
They do a good job of treating you like a human and not a number most of the time. I do believe they have grown largely and the nurse coordinators have a hard time keeping up with details. At times anyway that was my experience. So in some cases it was exhausting to chase down a nurse to get labs, results or to ask for answer to a question I had already inquired about previously.
I have been through two ER and gained many eggs. We have not made it to the transfer yet because although we got many eggs they did not make it to the next stage. Which is devastating. No one warned me you could get such a high number of eggs and then there is a chance that zero make it . That would have been good information to know
Several of the nurses provide excellent care and compassion of patients. My coordinator I was assigned overall did alright. There were several big misses that she did not give us information on. I am an out of town client And so I have wondered if things would have been different if I was “in town.”? Who knows. Just lots of small slip ups that she didn’t follow through on. One example was not getting lab work and orders to my doctor locally before my appt!! So I arrived and the lab had zero lab work on me and then I go for my appointment and my OB had no orders for that day . I was furious. I took off work, scheduled this time and then I arrive to have nothing. So I spent my morning trying to chase down nurses at MCRM. And that’s not my job I was more than annoyed. That is one example
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It’s a beautiful place - facility that is. They are very welcoming as a clinic. And strive to provide excellent care Again I think a weakness might be that out of town patients might get lost in the shuffle of details at times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did them in my own town
20-30,000
We have not made it to an embryo transfer yet. So I am not sure. Although he has told me over the phone he only likes a single transfer each time.
Chesterfield

I came to Dr.A [Peter Ahlering] after a miscarriage at ten weeks, times intercourse, clomid cycles and two failed IUIs. He went through the unexplained infertility diagnosis and possible treatment options. After already having tests done showing normal results he gave comfort in finding an answer. We tried our final and third IUI with femara. Unfortunately it did not work and now we’re looking into ivf but need to financially save to afford it
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr.Ahlering took the time to listen to my story and answer all my questions. He heard me and provided reassurance and hope after my miscarriage to help my dream of being a mom come true. He gives his undivided attention and does not rush you through your consultation. His team is the trained and ready to be your tribe!
I would tell them to breathe and trust that you found the right place to have a voice! You will have support from the staff to the patients as it will become your family!
From the minute I walked in the door I felt heard. Every staff member at MCRM treated me like a person and gave me my voice back in my infertility treatment.
I came to Dr.A after a miscarriage at ten weeks, times intercourse, clomid cycles and two failed IUIs. He went through the unexplained infertility diagnosis and possible treatment options. After already having tests done showing normal results he gave comfort in finding an answer. We tried our final and third IUI with femara. Unfortunately it did not work and now we’re looking into ivf but need to financially save to afford it
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina Romacker)
I cannot day enough about the nursing staff at MCRM! They truly are the back bone of the office! My coordinator was such a compassionate support and would answer any and all questions
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is organized, friendly and ready to make your dream come true. They go above and beyond to provide you the necessary support needed. They have a patient portal that supplies you with all lab results and resources! You have access to ask any questions to the staff through your portal and they are so quick in responses!

How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is amazing. He truly cares and wants the best outcome. This is not our first clinic but this is by far the best clinic we have been to. My husband and I both love the care that we have gotten. Dr. Ahlering is so knowledgeable and we really feel like we are in good hands with our care.
Ask questions if you have them. He will take time and answer every question you have.
Every time I am in the office, I feel like he truly cares about my care. He takes his time and explains everything and what the next steps need to be.
We are in our first ivf cycle and dr. Alhering suggested we take lupron for a month prior to stims. I started with 20 units for 5 days, then 10 units for 5 days, then 5 units the remainder. When we started stims I started out on 225 gonal. My body was slow to respond. After about 5 days he added menopur 75units and bumped my gonal up to 300. I have pcos so he was trying to take it slow with me. I ended up stimming for 13 days before I was ready for egg retrieval. We ended up with 17 eggs. 10 mature and so far 7 have fertilized and are growing. Dr. Alhering suggests we do a frozen transfer to give my body a break from the hormones so we will be doing that next month!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
Kristin was amazing. This was my first time doing ivf and she handled all of my questions like a champ. She is so sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is very organized. I have never had to wait very long to be seen. Everyone is so kind and helpful and willing to answer any questions I had. Scheduling was a breeze and i was able to get the appointment times I needed to work around my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are still in treatment, pending insurance payment.

PCOS, Other
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is the FIRST doctor to help me get to the root of my infertility and not just push medications at me. He carefully diagnosed the reason I have not been able to get pregnant. Since our first consultation in December, we have been working on treating my PCOS and preparing myself to have a healthy pregnancy. I am also diabetic, and have high blood pressure along with the PCOS. His compassion to actually HELP me with my current health/infertility issues before conceiving has been his first priority! To have a doctor actually care about my well being and health is a first for my husband and I. We have been trying to conceive for the past 8.5 years and 11 total doctors. I am really hoping that Dr. A is the answer to our prayers! We are well on our way under his care with our current treatment. So far EVERYTHING that he has done for us has been working. We have a few more months of treatment to go to prepare myself for a healthy pregnancy. I can't THANK Dr. A enough for taking his time, effort and compassion to HELP me and my husband. We can't wait to see what our future holds with Dr. A's help.
Do not ask Dr. Ahlering a question you do not want an honest answer to. He does not sugar coat the truth, treatments or risks. He tells you just how things are or will go. Very up front and to the point. First doctor for us to be so honest in the risks for my husband and I. He is a talker, and very knowledgeable be prepared to listen.
Currently undergoing treatments to treat my PCOS. We are not to this point yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Ceara Barmeier, PA-C, MS)
Ceara has been AMAZING. She stays on top of my treatment plan and follows up accordingly. She answers ALL questions and concerns SAME DAY if not right away.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Our first experience with the office staff was a nightmare. NO one knew anything and couldn't seem to communicate. We were pulled in all directions, this was due to the lady we spoke to in the finance department. My advice to you would be DO NOT go by anything anyone says until AFTER you speak to the doctor and he gives/assigns you to a team member who will be assisting in your treatment. We were so confused before we even met the doctor on what we were suppose to be doing. After our first appointment, everything went so much smoother.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are currently in the middle of treatment. Our costs have been ultrasounds, lab work and medications. We do not have fertility coverage and have currently spent almost $2,000.00
N/A - not to this point yet.
Chesterfield

Dr. Ahlering is extremely knowledgeable. I feel that for patients with female factor infertility, he is the pinnacle of reproductive specialists. However, as an individual couple with male factor infertility (my husband has a history of leukemia) I feel as though a lot of our questions were ambiguiously answered or unanswered.... With no female factor infertility, we simply treated my IUI using donor sperm with letrozole, a trigger shot, and prometrium The letrozole started after CD3 ultrasound, trigger shot 36 hours prior to IUI, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 days after IUI until serum beta 2.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Have questions ready before you enter the office.
Overall, I felt like a human after the visit my husband and I have with Dr. Ahlering. During the IUI process, however, I felt like a number. The process was very quick and I felt as though the practitioner was rushed and had no time to talk or answer any questions I had. Additionally, I waiting 24 hours longer than I should have had to for serum beta results, which made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
My nursing care coordinator, Christina, seemed intersted in my personal care. However, she neglected to return important phone calls in a timely matter and was unable to answer many questions regarding my care plan.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Overall, this is a good clinic for patients with ongoing infertility issues. I feel that my personal situation would better be suited for a center that specializes in IUI. However, Dr. Ahlering is seemingly the the pinnacle for reproductive services as a physician.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Consults: $80 Transvaginal Ultrasound: $250 IUI: $500 Lab work: to be determined
Not applicable.
Chesterfield
With each IUI cycle it was the same ... Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. ... He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering truly cares for his patients and does whatever in his power to ensure the outcome they want. Even though we were not successful with obtaining pregnancy. Dr. Ahlering always took the time with consultations to explain things and provide answers to all your questions. He makes his patients feel comfortable at all times during procedures and explains everything he's doing. Not only did he make myself feel comfortable with him but he made my husband feel as comfortable as well. He not only answered all my questions and explained everything to myself but he ensured my husband got all his questions answered.
Ask questions, no questions is stupid or dumb.
I truly felt like everyone cared for your care and your outcome and make you feel like a person and not a number. Everyone was always so friendly and made sure you were taken care of and if you needed anything
With each IUI cycle it was the same...Letrozole, Follistum, insemination, progesterone, then hcg blood draws 2 weeks later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie Hurt)
Shawnie was always helpful, caring and compassionate. She was very knowledgeable about process and procedures and all FDA regulations. She was patient with us when it was taking a very long time for our donor to get his things done, never did she rush us to get things done or pressure us in any way. It seemed like when we were at our lowest she knew how to make things a bit better.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM has some of the state of the art technology and is constantly updating and adding to make things better. They expanded their offices. The front desk person always greeting you with a smile. Sometimes the billing was behind several months and would bill you 3 or 4 months after things took place. They have great resources including a Facebook group for patients to communicate with each other.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We had no benefits for health insurance and had to pay for everything out of pocket. Some things they would bill the insurance company and then bill us later. All 3 IUI's were paid for out of pocket.
Chesterfield

I was surprised when I met Dr. Ahlering for the first time. He is the most compassionate, kind and down to earth doctor I've ever had. He listened to mine and my husband's concerns and questions and answered everything clearly until we fully understood.... Be ready to talk and listen to Dr. Ahlering. Your appointment won't be a quick appointment like every other doctor appointment.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Every time I met with my doctor or nurses they always remembered me by name. I wasn't just another case to them. Even though we didn't have success and are on a break from treatment right now, I still get personalized emails from my nurse asking how my husband and I are doing. It brings a smile to my face every time knowing how much they still care and they are still here for us.
Christina is the best! She was always so compassionate and helpful during stressful cycles. Even though we didn't have any success after 4 IUIs she still sends us emails asking how life is going and always reassuring us she's here for us. She is one of the reasons we will go back when we are ready.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I love this clinic. Expect to be greeted by happy, kind and smiling staff. It's very clean and a positive environment. I almost never had to wait in the waiting room before my appointment which was always nice. I honestly don't have a single weakness to list.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I was able to apply for 50% off medication but nothing else was covered under my insurance. Each IUI procedure was $500. Ultrasounds and bloodwork were additional costs. I think all together for 4 IUI cylces, it was close to $5,000. We were also able to do a payment plan.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics... He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering completes all the ultrasounds, retrievals, and transfers himself and will spend time talking to you and answering any questions you have including doing phone consults if you live away from the main clinic or any of the satellite clinics (Tulsa, OK and Springfield, MO). He is very much a talker during this consults and does really well answering all questions and explaining anything you need. He doesnt act at all like he is rushed or needs to get on to the next patient. He remembers things you've spoken of months later and customizes your treatment to you, along with making adjustments to later treatments if previous cycles did not respond how you and he wanted.
Be prepared to really talk to him, he strives to answer all your questions and make sure you understand the treatment plan, so sometimes consults can be lengthy.
Dr. Ahlering (and his staff) treated me and our treatment plan as if it was their own, as if this was something they were going through with my husband and I. Any questions we had they did their absolute best to answer question, our Nurse coordinator cried with me when she called to deliver the positive pregnancy test news, and even during a subsequent phone consult (we live 2000 miles from the clinic) with Dr. Ahlering about further cycles he remembered the name of our son and that we had a female embryo transfered at the same time that did not survive. We live over 2000 miles from this clinic, but believe so much in them, that we plan to use them in further treatments to provide our son siblings.
We chose to do 2 cycles and bank the eggs before fertilizing them and doing a transfer. Both cycles were agonist cycles with the use of follistem and gonal-F and a lupron trigger. I was also on estrogen patches and then testosterone patches for the 2nd cycle. The first cycle produced 10 eggs and the second produced 12 (I have reduced ovarian reserve). We then used ICSI and PGS testing. We ended with 4 embryos for testing 2 normal and 2 low level mosaic (which will be used after another 2 egg banking cycles if needed).
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen and Rachel)
You will have different nurse coordinators for retrieval and transfer cycles. Both of the coordinators (and the entire staff) were wonderful. They never had a problem answering question after question, were extremely patient and helpful. Rachel (our transfer coordinator) even cried on the phone with me when she called to give us our only positive result after 3 transfers and 7 embryos (2 transfers at a previous clinic).
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic and staff are very well run and wonderfully caring. The only real issue we have had was with billing, and they were still very understanding it just took a bit of time to straighten things out. Part of this was because of miscommunication and misunderstanding, but as I said, they were still very patient. The clinic has "offices" on 2 seperate floors, so its necessary to know where you are going, but if you show up on the wrong floor, it isn't a difficult thing to fix. They work really well to accommodate you and your needs, we live over 2000 miles away and they do phone consults and order some of the pre- testing done nearer to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid around 23,000$ for 2 egg banking cycles, PGS testing, medications, and 3 months of frozen embryo storage.
Dr. Ahlering was fine with us transfering 2 PGS tested embryos, as I am healthy. I know from others that he will suggest only one embryo in certain cases. He has also suggested using our low level mosaic embryos if the planned 2 egg banking cycles are not successful.

IUI, 2 IVF
He [Dr. Ahlering] is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.... He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you".
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is really like no other doctor I have ever dealt with. He cares about what you want, and tries to get to you to your goal without pushing you to do what he wants. He is supportive, he even answered my email on the weekend within minutes.
You are in wonderful hands, trust that he knows what he is doing and doing the best for you
He doesn't care how much money he is making off of you, he cares if you get pregnant or not. Our Egg retrieval only ended up with 5 mature and he said we needed another egg retrieval and I said I couldn't afford it and he said "then I won't charge you". He is in this business to help people complete their families, not to make a profit off of vulnerable women.
First retrieval we used gonal-f, menopur, and cetrotide but my follicles didn't respond well so we switched up to add clomid and testosterone patches for the second cycle. I got the same result but I liked how he tried something different to see if we could get a better outcome
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen Atkinson)
Jen was amazing, she became a friend more than a coordinator. She was responsive and knew what she was doing, always talked me off the ledge and gave me more support than I ever could have imagined
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strength would be the compassion and working with each person individually. They have great success rates because Dr. Ahlering knows what he is doing. They are very busy so sometimes they don't return calls super fast but they never forget you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
$20k including PGS testing, embryoscope, two egg retrievals, fertility meds, and transfer
His view was that people should have large families if they want them, but one baby at a time was best for mother and baby- he likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Chesterfield

I feel like [Dr. Peter Ahlering is] a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other option
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I feel like he’s a great doctor overall but is not great about listening to or respecting patients concerns if they fall outside what he believes. He can be close minded in his treatment approach and will refuse treatment options that are outside his opinion of what causes failure in IVF. You really have to advocate hard for yourself with this doctor if you’d like to explore any other options.
Be prepared to do your own research if things don’t go as planned and actively seek out treatments you think might benefit you because he may not. Ie, intralipids, ERA testing, uterine scratch.
I felt the doctor was always too busy to remember details and didn’t listen well to our concerns or questions. However, he’s personable while you’re in his office and his nursing staff is usually really great.
We used ICSI with nanobeads for sperm selection, PGS testing, global-f. Our transfers were basic with estrogen and progesterone supplementation. Our first cycle produced good embryos but no pregnancies and 1 ectopic that required emergency surgery. We are still in progress after our second retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Farley)
I have had a couple nursing coordinators but Jen F. was always timely in her response and generally compassionate. I’m a long distance patient so her being responsive was very important to me.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
I think they’ve gotten so busy, they forgot about the personal aspect of all this and how daunting ivf can be. You really have to seek out answers to questions. After failures, it’s hard to get an appointment any sooner than 2 weeks out. After a failed transfer, the sooner the consultation, the better. Trust me. They have great technology though that as far as I know, no other clinics have, especially in regards to sperm selection. They will work with you financially, particularly after failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I did off site monitoring because I live out of state.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our first cycle was around $13000 for retrieval and one transfer. We then paid about 2-3k per transfer after. Our second cycle was given to us at about half price due to our ending up with all failures and an ectopic. We’ve spent about $25k at this clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr Ahlering is an outstanding doctor with compassion for his patients. He is very knowledgeable and confident in his research and choices for treatment. He is also willing to consider your opinion and take into account your personal wishes for treatment. Even though I have diminished ovarian reserve, he has never once given up on me or my desire to pursue treatment using my own eggs. He is very specialized in treating patients who have diminished ovarian reserve by focusing on using less medication and getting more quality from the eggs retrieved. He is very compassionate and respectful of his patients.
He is a very caring and friendly doctor who is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
The staff is always very welcoming and warm. I felt like they all knew my name and were always very encouraging and compassionate. Dr Ahlering is very interested in ensuring I felt like all of my questions were addressed.
Dr Ahlering prefers the Antagonist protocol with treating patients with DOR. He uses a combination of oral medication and injectables. I had one cycle cancelled due to no response to medication which I was using clomid and injectables so the following cycle he had me use Letrozole and injectables but also starting the oral medication prior to the timing I did in the previous cycle which gave me 4 mature eggs from 4 follicles at baseline. The next cycle we continued with the Letrozole but used them at the same time as the injectables which resulted in 2 eggs retrieved from 3 follicles at the baseline scan.
My coordinator was extremely compassionate and helpful outside of and during my retrieval cycles. Always responsive to questions and took the time to see me if she was available to say hi during my monitoring appointments. All of the nursing staff were very warm and compassionate and made the experience positive.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength of the clinic is that they have a patient support specialist. This really made this clinic stand out above others to me. They organize patient events and gatherings. She also manages a Facebook page for patients which allows patients to connect. They also coordinate a cycle buddy program so you have someone to connect with during the IVF cycle. They are amazing with their patient outreach. Occasionally it does feel a little disorganized since they cycle all of the patients at the same time so it gets pretty chaotic and it can be difficult to get in touch with someone once the phones are turned off after hours. They have an emergency line for after hours but some questions are better off not considering it an emergency!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Dr Ahlering includes a few things as part of his standard of care such as ICSI and then some extra add ins depending on the patient needs. He offers an embryoscope, nanobead sperm selection and positive sperm selection.
No comment
Chesterfield

I loved how Dr Ahlering was very blunt and honest with you and didn’t lead you on to believe that every IVF story is a success. He had great bedside manner! He did make sure all of our questions were answered and that we understood what to expect. He even made time for phone calls to check on us before and after our IVF cycle. He spoke to my husband and I as humans and made us feel comfortable about the situation.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be prepared financially for an immediate second cycle if need Be. This process is a roller coaster of emotions and a waiting game so prepare yourself and remember not every IVF story is a success.
Dr. Ahlering and his office staff are very helpful, kind and courteous. They answer all questions you may have and help you in whatever way they can. We loved working with them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey )
All of the staff we worked with including Mel, Lindsey, and Courtney were very good! Great communication with all, helpful when we needed help, and quick to respond
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM was Very helpful, kind, compassionate. They treated us as they would want their family members treated. We were having a couple issues getting some paperwork from our insurance and Mel went above and beyond to help me track down the paper we needed in time to start our planned cycle. Since we live in Oklahoma we were provided a medication class in Tulsa we could attend to learn about the medication and how to draw our meds without having to drive 6 hours to Chesterfield. They also work with a few doctors in the Tulsa area so we could do all our labs and ultrasounds at their offices and again not have to travel 6 hours weekly
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We did pay about $6,200 out of pockets but we also had helpbwith our insurance company
Dr. Ahlering strongly recommended transferring one embryo at a time but would do as you asked. We understood his reasoning as a multiple pregnancy comes with complications and with us already having trouble getting pregnant thisbwould not be ideal. Also sometime when you have a multiple pregnancy one baby can take from the other causing one not to make it.

Anovulation, Male Factor
I really respect Dr. Ahlering but I don't see him often. I've actually only seen him twice - at my initial consultation and then a few weeks later when getting the results. Since starting treatment I haven't seen him but I have been offered appointments with him.... I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Right now, I'd say that I really like him and would recommend him but I'm not sure how long that would be the case if we don't get better results soon. Not that the results are his fault but I would start to wonder about the treatment plan.
The entire staff at MCRM is so kind and loving. I always feel like a human - not a number - when I'm in the office. It's very important to me since I spend so much time their during any given month.
I am currently in my 3rd IUI cycle and my medication combination has changed each cycle. I feel like the changes are in response to how the previous went and I appreciate that we're making these changes and not doing something that doesn't work over and over. I started with just oral medications and a trigger, then my dosage was upped for my second and now on my third I'm doing injectibles, orals and a trigger. I am hopeful that this cycle will give the results we want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is amazing. I don't know how she does it all! She regularly is returning my messages and calls well after hours and I always feel very informed.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are so busy - so they are occasionally running behind. They offer early appointments which I appreciate because of my work schedule. You likely won't see Dr. A all that often but the rest of the staff is great and I always feel well taken care of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Each ultrasound is $200, the IUI procedure and sperm wash is $500. I have had 1 ultrasound each cycle except the first when I had 2. In addition to the procedures above my medications cost anywhere from $200 - $500 a cycle. The most I've spent is $1,200 for 1 cycle.
Chesterfield

Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful...Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Dr. Ahlering was very friendly and seemed genuinely concerned about us. However, he underplayed the risks of being unsuccessful, even going so far as to say that with our numbers we were looking at at least one and maybe two live births. Needless to say, when I ended up with dramatically fewer eggs (10 not 20), embryos (2) and no live births, I was very disappointed/heartbroken and angry at myself for spending our life savings on something we were lead to believe was a pretty sure thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Take his enthusiasm for your chances of success with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, he is selling a very expensive service.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
We had specifically requested a later retrieval because my husband has had a demonstrably lower count/quality in the mornings. We had also discussed a Sunday retrieval with Dr. Aubuchon (we saw her for our pre-retrieval appointment instead of Dr. Ahlering because he was busy). After this appointment we were scheduled for the very first 7 am appointment on Saturday. When we called in to ask why and how to get this changed, we were basically told that they could not and would not change it - like it or lump it! - and that they had 70 other patients and were too busy to accommodate our needs... even if we had spent $10000+ in patients to MCRM specifically for the treatment.
Describe the protocols Peter Ahlering used in your cycles at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility and their degree of success.
I purchased the IVF Gold package. Dr. Ahlering likes to say that his protocols are individualized but they really aren't. My nurse mentioned that it was the "___" protocol - essentially one of a dozen options and one commonly used for people with PCOS. When my results were OK, but not stellar, during monitoring visits, Dr. Ahlering did very little to increase my dosages or change the path we were on which ultimately led to failure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
When we called to reschedule our retrieval time, Rachel was very rude - I have not spoken to her directly since as I began communicating with a different coordinator after that exchange. Overall, she did a good job before that and the decision to just squeeze us in was not hers. So, although we had a very heated exchange, overall she did an acceptable job.
Describe your experience with Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
Overall, MCRM is a marketing machine that is attempting to grow their clinic and attract new patients. They do offer relatively low prices and are interested in using newer technologies to improve success. I do think they believe they are doing good for people, however, it is hard to understand how any clinic can excuse charging such high prices to cash pay patients while giving huge discounts to insuranced patients (through their agreements with the insurance companies) but this is an industry-wide issue not specific to MCRM. Dr. Ahlering is knowledgable and wants a good outcome for his patients. Even so, they are actively building on to their facility with new construction, etc. The discounts are OK - but very limited. I would personally like to see a needs based discount for couples with low income to allow those of us with a subsistence income to have the chance to have a baby too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
$10,000 for the Gold package with discounts $3500 for medication $2200 for PGS testing (we ultimately decided not to do this when we only had 2 embryos, we had been told we were likely to have 8+ when we started the process)
Describe Peter Ahlering's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.
We had two embryos and he was more than happy to transfer two embyros. From what I have heard, he is willing to transfer more embryos if that means a successful pregnancy, regardless of risk of multiples. The clinic seems to have a relatively high number of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility?
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Ahlering at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility.

While we are at the beginning of our journey, Dr. Ahlering wanted to go straight to IUI without knowing the full story of me and my husband's health. I had to push back several times that I was not doing an IUI until we got my husband's tests back. It was frustrating--it felt as if we was just pushing us along without actually looking at our situation.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is friendly. You will have to ask him to slow down and for exact reasons behind his recommendations as he does not do a good job of explaining your options as opposed to just saying "do this."
Make sure you have a clear understanding of ALL your options, the pros and the cons. He will easily overwhelm a patient who does not feel comfortable questioning or advocating for themselves.
We are still in the middle of our journey, so there will be more to come. So far, we've done a medicated, monitored cycle with a trigger shot. In the middle of that cycle, we got my husband's semen analysis results back which showed some issues. We are going to see an urologist who specializes in male infertility as Dr. Ahlering does not seem to have the knowledge to do as much for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Coordinator)
Our coordinator, Christina, does an OK job. I am always able to reach her via email, but often need to follow up to ensure she is answering the questions I need. Before my first trigger shot, she did not realize she had not actually given me any instructions on how to do it--the whole process felt unorganized.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
You will have to stay on top of them for communication and clarifying any questions you have.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Ahlering is very compassionate. He is knowledgable and always discussing current research. Sometimes it seems he's not on board with what many other doctors are doing though (such as with immune factors in failed FETs/RPL). He has some of the best technology and resources I've seen...I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes... He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Be thorough on your questions. Don't expect him to tell you every single detail. Be realistic with your expectations. You are not the only patient, so try to remember that if you feel neglected or not heard. Discuss options with him and ask if you want to know things. He will always sit down and discuss things with you if you ask.
My coordinator always made me feel comfortable & informed about the necessities, but sometimes I received phone calls from other people who weren't my coordinator and wished all my news had come from her--good or bad.
Diagnosis: Severe male factor.... also questionable egg quality. We've been through 5 retrievals and 1 canceled cycle due to low response on my end. I don't think there's anything he's done that has hurt our success, but I do wish we had made medication/dosage changes sooner to try for better results. He seemed hesitant on making protocol changes and I felt like we just kept having poor results without making any significant changes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay often emailed or called just to check on me or give me reminders of dates, medication start dates, etc. She always shows compassion and truly appears to care for her patients. She is kind and makes me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Sometimes they seem unorganized. Messages or notes don't always get passed from one person to another and communicated well. The front desk is courteous and kind. The lab is excellent about answering emails and questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Even with "100%" insurance coverage, I still had OOP expenses. There was a deposit to hold our spot in our first cycle, additional resources not covered--such as nanobeads & embryosope. Also, biopsy/freezing & PGS testing.
Dr. Ahlering has always been open and honest about the risks of transferring and potentially carrying multiples. I appreciate the fact that he does this and I feel like he encourages a single transfer for the health and well-being of the mother, but I also understand why people want to transfer multiple embryos, especially with the cost of additional transfers.
Chesterfield

Dr. Peter Ahlering appears to be very knowledgeable about infertility, and I personally believe he is not only an expert, but a pioneer in the field of infertility science, as he keeps up with all the latest testing and treatments. I feel very comfortable in his presence and in his care... Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is a very busy man, please be patient with him. Infertility can be a very long and cruel journey (spanning years), please be patient with yourself and your situation.
We are assigned a coordinator and mine was pretty good at keeping up with my questions and concerns.
At MCRM you are assigned a coordinator. Your coordinator is your point of contact to MCRM and Dr. Ahlering. The Coordinators are in-charge of updating Dr. Ahlering to your situation, your medications (ordering and dosage), and your calendar of medication and treatments. It is best to communicate with coordinators through email, but you can call if need be. They will always call you with important information. If you have a question or concern and it's after business hours you can contact an on-call coordinator that will assist you. The coordinators are great!
Shawnie Hurt is a thoughtful and positive coordinator. She is my point of contact at MCRM and always answers my questions and concerns to the best of her ability. If she doesn't have an answer, then she speaks with Dr. Ahlering and gets back to me with one. I think she must work long and hard hours and she does so with calmness and compassion.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM is a good place to go to if you don't want to feel like just a number at a clinic but an actual person that matters. I felt like everyone at MCRM truly wanted me to get pregnant, have a good pregnancy and a healthy baby(ies). However, I also think that they have experienced rapid growth in clientele during the past year and so, and getting on the transfer schedule may take a month or two wait. Also, mistakes have been made in regards to my care, but most of them were quickly resolved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our insurance wouldn't cover any infertility treatment. Dr. Ahlering is less expensive than the clinic we first went to located on the the East Coast. But out of pocket for infertility is just expensive. Be prepared to pay out several thousand dollars no matter what you do.
For both of my transfers, I've transferred two embryos. The first resulted in twin girls. The second resulted in miscarriage.
Chesterfield

I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment [with Dr. Ahlering] to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering always seems a bit rushed, but he is clearly a very devoted and passionate. I was quite surprised that when I had my "Why my IVF cycle was cancelled" appointment, he seemed very unfamiliar with my case which was not so comforting considering the situation.
BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. Be sure that you are just as informed about the medicine and ART procedures that you will go through.
I like that we have IVF coordinators that are "assigned" to be in constant communication with us and explain things, support us, etc- but I found that many times my coordinator's emails were very short with littler to no explanation about what was going on, I found that I learned more about my cycle and why things didn't work through talking with other patients. Also, when I went in to speak with Dr. Ahlering about my cancelled IVF cycle (after about a month), he seemed very unfamiliar with me and my case. I do not expect Dr. Ahlering to remember all of his patients and their situations, but I do wish he would be familiar with the patient he is seeing during an appointment- especially one as sensitive as a cancelled or failed IVF cycle.
I think my first IVF cycle was very "Fertility 101" and nothing special about it, after it was cancelled due to low ovarian response I had an appointment to go over what the next steps would be. Dr. Ahlering seemed very unsure about how to move forward, but at the end of our appointment a light bulb seemed to go off in his head and he subsequently added Letrozole to my regular IVF med calendar. Unfortunately, Letrozole seemed to lower my estrogen levels to a point where Dr. Ahlering decided to cancel my IVF cycle again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Van Winkle)
My coordinator was VERY positive, which helped me stay positive, but primarily when I physically saw her at the clinic. Her emails were quite short and offered very little explanation to questions I had.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Strengths- I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for my appointment, most of the staff were extremely polite and positive, I usually got email responses from my coordinator within 12-24 hours. Weaknesses- I found that MCRM's accountant, Dena was quite unfriendly and hardly ever returned phone calls or emails, in the very beginning I was told that my chart had a note that said I was to only see Dr. Ahlering for ultrasounds (due to some medical concerns) and yet there were times I saw a nurse or the other doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Our IVF "Gold" package was about $10,000 plus another $4000 in outside costs for meds and tests. Also a $350 cost for sperm test and $150 or so for charges before our IVF package took place.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals... My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering is in St Louis and I live in Tulsa Oklahoma. He is accommodating to us Tulsa girls and I appreciate that. He will set up telephone call visits with my husband and I so we can discuss what happened and plans of action moving forward. He has a good bedside manner when we are in St Louis for retrievals. I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being around him. He is doing a wonderful thing helping couples create families!
Just know that you are not guaranteed success in the first cycle and it may be hard to drive or fly to St Louis frequently for multiple cycles. That can get expensive on top of an expensive disease to start with. I am very happy with the clinic staff and Dr. Ahlering. The only thing to think about is getting there!
Just due to the sheer amount of patients he sees on a monthly basis for fertility treatments amazes me. It's not his fault there are so many infertile couples though. I felt mostly like a human, but didn't give it a 100% just because his clinic is so busy.
My first cycle resulted in retrieving 11 eggs after using Gonal F and Menopur to stimulate my ovaries. My second cycle we increased the amount of Menopur and we ended up with 11 eggs again. My third cycle I am currently in and we removed Menopur and increased Gonal F and as of this morning, I have only two dominant follicles on ultrasound. I don't really know the rationale behind his choices. I just trust him to know what he is doing!
Jen has a lot of work cut out for her every month. I can't imagine trying to keep track of 20 plus girls' menstrual cycles and dealing with their emotions. My favorite thing about her is her compassion. I need it. She is prompt with schedules and is in contact with me even after hours if needed via phone or e-mail. I really appreciate her.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic seems to be a well-oiled machine. They do a great job of seeing several girls a day during cycle week. They work from sun up to sun down on retrieval days. My nurses during retrieval are always very kind and helpful. They are a great team!
Our doctor highly recommended we transfer a single embryo. He felt like multiples were risky and could cause problems for me and the babies that we might avoid by just using one.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The doctor performed an ultrasound to count my follicles and give me positive affirmations instead of a nurse. He took time to ask questions to make a personal connection and his staff was incredibly knowledgeable...
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Not getting to meet the doctor in person was difficult but we trusted him from his reputation. He seemed to care about us and was positive he could help us get pregnant. Once we met in person I was thrilled. He is ridiculously smart but so personal. He was funny and confident. He earned my respect within in 5 minutes and that help ease my stress and panic since this was my first time with IVF.
If you have the financial means go meet him in person first so that you can be at ease. Do your research on his clinic and ground breaking technology he has created. His staff will help you via phone and email.
My husband took the hcg shot twice and I was on Lupron to prevent ovulation. Prenatal vitamins had begun. Birth control was first step the first day I started my cycle again to control my cycle. Then follistim was used to start to grow the follicles. Menopur was taken twice to help with ovarian quality. Hgh was also take twice to help mature the eggs and of course the HCG trigger shot was given 72 hours prior to retrieval. When the doctor did my ultrasound he wanted the follicles to be bigger so he added two more days of follistim. I went to see if the follicles had grown and they had to the perfect range he wanted. He scheduled my egg retrieval on a Sunday. He wanted to wait for 5 day fresh transfer be said he felt like my egg reserve was good and it was our 1st attempt. We transferred two embryos which was a mutual agreement given my age of 33 years old. One embryo stuck and we are now 12 weeks pregnant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
She was so quick on responding and making me feel like everything is going to be ok. When we met in person I felt like I knew her forever. I appreciated her knowledge and that she maintained unemotional yet compassionate
Nothing too fancy. It's in Chesterfield, MO. He could use a interior designer but unthinking hey are so busy making dreams come true to worry about decor
Around $15k from A to Z Due to our income we didn't qualify for any prescription discounts and our insurance paid zero.
Columbia

He [Dr. Ahlering] was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again...He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was very knowledgeable but he wasn’t very sympathetic. He didn’t want to really explain why it wasn’t working. He was more interested in explaining the process. I also asked him to write a letter saying that I was diagnosed as ‘infertile’. However, all he did was basically say it was my fault we were not trying IVF again.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money and don’t get your hopes up.
He treated me like a human but he tried to make everything seem ‘normal’ when I was not able to get pregnant. He basically couldn’t give me a reason that both transfers failed. I ultimately felt like he just wanted more money.
I used the normal IVF drugs and protocol the first time. The second time, we did everything the same except we included anti-rejection shots even though Dr. Ahlering didn’t think that was a real drain it didn’t work the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
At first, she was very attentive. But once I had the second failed cycle, she was less attentive and sometimes rude.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic was nice. It was in a nice location in Chesterfield. It was sometimes hard to get through to a real person when calling the office. The front desk ladies were nice. However, they didn't always know what was going on so I would have to tell them what I needed at my next appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
The initial cycle was around $15,000 (depending on medications). The second cycle was given to me at a discounted rate. He took about $4,000 off but they added more medications.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Ahlering has been very caring and understanding of our situation. Each question, phone call or email, was answered quickly and honestly and explained in a way it was easy to understand. My husband was diagnosed with cancer several years ago and Dr. Ahlering helped us get through our first IVF cycle with 3 genetically normal embryos. We had our first transfer one week ago and are currently waiting for our Beta results.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dont be afraid to ask questions. MCRM is very good at communicating, but you can't be afraid to ask anything. It can become very intense and stressful, but they are there to help you through the whole process.
Each discussion was thoroughly explained and comfortable.
Everyone's protocal will be different. Thankfully I do not have to deal with endo, PCOS or other female fertility issues so our cycle was mild compared to other women.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Lowrie)
My first nurse did not communicate very well and was unorganized. Once Rachel became my coordinator, everything was explained better and I felt more calm for our transfer.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are many strenghts and very few weaknesses. I would say the one thing to be sure and ask about would be possible side effects for stims and the best way to do the PIO shot for transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
This all varies depending on what your situation is. My husband and I got our medication for free through the Livestrong Cancer Foundation. Other than that, we paid less than $12,000.
Dr Ahlering told us that since all of our embryos were genetically normal, we could transfer one or two. It was up to us whether we wanted twins. We chose to transfer one at a time to reduce any complications that could arise with multiples.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering is wonderful! He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He is patient and kind. He really takes his time to answer questions and reassure you. He was open to ideas that I had and gave me his honest opinions. I never felt discriminated against because I'm a single mother by choice...Dr. Ahlering and his staff always took extra time to explain things. They were pleasant and honest. Dr. Ahlering even called me at home several times to answer my questions and stayed on the phone for an hour each time.
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Tell him everything that is bothering you or anything you have questions about. He will take the time to help you!
I had one or two egg retrievals. I had failed IUI at a previous clinic, so we didn't waste time with that. I don't remember exactly all of the drugs I was on to stim, but I know it was way less than with my previous doctor and I got the same number of eggs every time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The nursing staff is wonderful. They are easy to contact either on the phone or from email. They know you by name and know exactly what your protocol is. They make you feel comfortable and welcome.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The location is great. I come from over an hour away and I still am able to make it with ease. The office is clean and quiet. Lots of privacy. I love that they have access to donor eggs there! That helped me quite a bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Most of it was covered by insurance

Endometriosis, Male Factor
He [Dr. Ahlering] treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one...He is warm, kind and very smart...I was an out of state patient and my IVF coordinator called to check on me and made sure I could reach her on weekends and after hours. She even sent me an email on Thanksgiving when I needed help. Dr. Ahlering's staff went above and beyond for me...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He is warm, kind and very smart. He treated our male factor infertility with success when another doctor told us nothing could be done. I think what sets Dr. Ahlering apart from other doctors is that he is innovative and is determined to make your first cycle with him a successful one.
Make sure you understand the drug protocols before you need to administer the injections.
My husband took clomid and ovidrel to prepare for the cycle. Follistim cd5-11 Menopur cd 9. &11 Ganirelix cd 11 Dual trigger Hcg boosters after retrieval
Rachel is smart, caring and fun! She held my hand during retrieval and transfer. She made sure I could always reach her if I needed anything.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
It's a small and clean office. Everyone is friendly! Even the anesthesiologist that they used was the friendliest I have ever encountered. The staff can make or break a clinic and the staff at MCRM treated me with kindness and professionalism.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was an out of state patient and saw another doctor for monitoring. However, MCRM called with results the same day.
$7,500 basic fresh cycle for out of state patient

2016 - 2019
Dr. Ahlering explained everything in great detail, but still in a very caring way. He put me to ease during a difficult time...specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful...Be prepared to get the ball rolling. His clinic & him are all so helpful & keep things moving. It feels like all hands on deck...We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. Ahlering specializes in male factor infertility. He explains the process thoroughly & still not in an intimidating manner. He’s very kind & made the decision to move forward with IVF so much less stressful.
We are just beginning our IVF process with Dr Ahlering.
Everyone that I’ve met so far from the clinic has been very compassionate & caring. Going through infertility is a hard time, and everyone seems to care greatly about the patients
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic is in St Louis & I live in Tulsa. Dr. Ahlering & his team try to accommodate his Tulsa patients just as if we were local. He comes to Tulsa twice a month & has made it easy for monitoring & we only have to travel to St Louis for the actual egg retrieval when we get to that point.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We are just beginning our process. They have a financial coordinator assigned to me that I will meet with next week.
Unsure at the time in our IVF cycle.
Chesterfield

Dr. A [Ahlering] is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay...Dr. A explains things very thoroughly and makes you feel like a human because you can tell he really cares most about getting you pregnant....Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is great. His team is a little disorganized which is a concern, but I know with Dr. A overseeing my treatment, everything will be okay. I think his team of schedulers could be a little more organized and communicate better so it doesn't come off as unorganized.
Be patient. Try not to stress too much, it will cause several setbacks.
Right now we are trying IUI because we cannot afford IVF at this time. Likelihood of successful IUI is 10% each time. Protocol is 3 Letrozole 7.5mg for 5 days. Trigger shot. Progesterone for 10 days after IUI. Dr. A told us with IVF we have 85% of success with 2 IVF cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is great, no complaints. She really cares and she is on top of the IUI schedule.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Weakness- Team is not organized and needs to communicate better. Strength- Dr. A is amazing and knows what he is talking about. Ask questions if you have them. He doesn't talk to you like you aren't intelligent if you ask them. He explains them in ways that make it easy to understand.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
IUI is about $1,700 a time. IVF (silver plan) is $16,500 for everything. Includes ICSI.
Haven't found out what he prefers yet. Once we are able to do IVF I will hopefully know.
Chesterfield

The entire staff and especially Dr Ahlering treated me and my husband with such compassion. Never made me feel like I was silly for my questions and we so sensitive to our situation...He was very thorough and patient. Took his time explaining every result and question I might have. He is passionate about the work he does and it shows through his treatment of patients. I felt like I was in the best hands while there.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don’t be afraid, he will make you feel comfortable and explain everything no matter how many tines you ask.
We have not had any treatments yet only minor drug therapy to possibly improve our chances of conception. We hope to afford IU someday which we have discussed in detail with the doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
There was some initial confusion with our insurance but the staff cleared it up completely and quickly
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Very clean and organized. The rooms were nicely decorated to nake you feel more at home. Location is easy to find and very comfortable. It is a place I don’t feel nervous in because I know I am in good hands
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
He seemed less expansive than other places I had researched. However it’s still very expensive

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We love Dr Ahlering, he explains everything in great detail and answers all our questions , he remains sensitive during this tough time but he also gives us a good laugh and keeps things light during our appointments which we really like. The only complaint we have is when we show up for appointments he doesn’t seemed quite organized and familiar with our file in the beginning and it takes a minute for him to get up to speed , which I know he is very busy so we understand and it’s not a big deal but it is something that could be improved on
You will love MCRM just ask all the questions to can to fully understand everything
Everyone in the office at MCRM knows you and seems to genuinely care about you , it is a great place to go thru this
We are getting ready to start and IVF cycle in May .
The staff at MCRM is amazing . They are all sweet and caring and very knowledge .
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The biggest strength is going above and beyond for their patients , from events for support and fun to the infertility conference they put on once a year , they really make you feel supported and like you are not alone in this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We will be doing the gold IVF package , the cost for the package and drugs will be 18,500
Dr Ahlering uses eSET which we prefer and was one of the reasons we picked him. It is safer to not have multiples in a pregnancy and that was not something we were interested in so this fit with our vision
Chesterfield

As a visual person, I liked when he [Dr. Peter Ahlering] explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial)...Doctor and nurses seem to really take an interest into each person/situation and want a good outcome.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
As a visual person, I liked when he explained the process verbally as well as drawing and showing pictures. I did have a rough egg retrivial and wish he would have kept me for observation instead of sending me home (as I had to come back the next day for medical help and he was surprised he didn't see me come back after retrivial).
Ask questions! You can't ask too many.
Egg Retrivial: Cetrotide, Gonal, and Menapour Transfer: (Will be) Estrogen patch and pill, and the pio shots and vaginal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Sometimes it felt like pulling teeth to get information but very quick to answer all my questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Nice atmosphere. Nurses help each other out. Good about helping if/when meds run out. Online portal is a good tool. If not doing a cycle, appointments are more difficult to get. Charged a copay for every time I just met and talked to the Dr in person.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
5500 for PGS and PGD. 100 for meds. 2500 down payment. 500/year for freezing of embryos. Haven't gotten full dollar amount after insurance and from clinic.
Didn't talk to Dr about number. Decided on only 1 myself.
Chesterfield

Dr Ahlering talks to you directly, not through nurses. He is very compassionate, but real. He doesn't give you false expectations, but also let's you know that cons. He always leaves you know each person is different.... Dr Ahlering is very truthful but respectful. He has a sense to him that will leave you feeling very positive and hopeful, but without false hope. He is very caring and is open to listening to your concerns or ideas. He is upbeat and happy and loves his work.
Give him a chance
I am not sure there was a name for our protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Vanwinkle)
Lindsay was very sweet and loving. She seemed as if she was feeling your emotions as well. She would go above and beyond to make sure you were comfortable with what was going on or help anyway she could.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All very caring staff. Very respectful but yet can be a lot of fun. They try to have alot of involvement with patients. They do small get together soon, they have a Facebook for patients, they have small gifts for the patient when they graduate. They are awesome.
He is usually open to leaving that to you unless you have a health condition limiting you of carrying multiples

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Ahlering provided excellent care. He is extremely knowledgeable & trustworthy. He was always positive & confident we would be successful. He is an amazing doctor who really cares about his patients & helping them achieve their dream of having children.... One stim cycle using Follistum, Ganirelex, menupur, hcg & dual trigger. PGS testing. Egg donor cycle 9 embryos tested & 6 came back normal. Transferred August 2016 but miscarriage in October 2016. Second transfer on 1-30-17 of 2 embryos. Currently 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with singleton.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Write down a list of questions you would like answered.
Doctor and staff are very caring & compassionate.
She's very direct, can come across not very warm or compassionate. We had worked with her at a previous clinic & there was some tension & mistrust due to events that had happened. Took awhile to work through issues but eventually some trust was built and we were able to have a good working relationship.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Clinic staff could work on communication between staff. Overall, the staff is very caring & knowledgeable in their field.
25k
He recommends transferring 1 PGS tested embryo at a time but will transfer two of client prefers.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He [Dr Peter Ahlering] gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
So compassionate! Not in it for the money...he will do ANYTHING to help you have the baby you so desperately want. He's truly amazing! Emails late at night...phone appointments when you can't make it in to see him...you name it. YOU are the priority!!!
Just let him direct you and trust! He knows exactly how to handle every situation.
He's amazing. Finally...I feel like we have a chance, because he's the best of the best!!
I hadn't ovulated in so so long. He gave me clomid and progesterone to make that happen. While doing that he helped me to understand PCOS. Once I finally understood it, I could do my part and try to help. Knowing how the disease effects me...I was able to loose lots of weight and do the proper things for my benefit. Also, my husband was put on clonid and antioxidants to raise his counts. Also referred him to urologist for vericoseal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: VanWinkle)
Caring, patient, gentle, understanding.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
All strengths!!! The communication is excellent!!! The emails, the follow ups, the phone calls, sharing your test results with you...it's just all so refreshing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
What I paid was almost 40% less than what the clinic usually charges, as he was willing to cut all corners to help us!!! He's truly amazing.
Chesterfield

Confident in his [Dr. Ahlering] abilities and on the cutting edge of the newest technology. He loves what he does. Makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to talk to you, never rushes. Sometimes jumps around when you talk to him- battling ideas/working problems but it can lead to confusion...Recommended tese for MFI but numbers went up so we didn't use it. Resulted in no normal embryos. Wish we had stuck with original protocol...
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Confident in his abilities and on the cutting edge of the newest technology. He loves what he does. Makes you feel comfortable and takes the time to talk to you, never rushes. Sometimes jumps around when you talk to him- battling ideas/working problems but it can lead to confusion.
Understand the packages! You may pay for a transfer you can never use.
Sincere, geniuine interactions with the entire staff, from the accountant all the way to Dr. a
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Jen A)
So sweet and truly caring. She went out of her way to take care of me when risk of OHSS was high. A great listener.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Wonderful team, great facility. They try to make the experience as easy, convenient and comfortable as possible. I would look into their success numbers more- a higher pregnancy rate is based almost only in transferring viable embryos (PGS testing). Not everyone will get a viable embryo to transfer.
Peter Ahlering

We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle [with Dr. Ahlering]. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month...This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready...From the start he has made us feel like our best interest is his priority and he wants to help us. He has even called us after hours to set up our appointment.
This doctor genuinely cares and has tried everything to help our male factor infertility as well as making sure that we are ready. The clinic is half of the past clinic we have worked with and their success rates are much higher. We are very hopeful.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and make sure you give them all the k formation they need.
We are currently preparing for an IVF cycle. My husband is taking clomid and ovidrel injections to help count and I am taking birth control to prepare for our medicated cycle next month.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Missouri Center for Reproductive Medicine & Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer A)
Everyone on the staff has been kind in returning emails the same day and calling as needed as we don't live in Missouri.
We haven't yet visited the clinic as we don't live in Missouri. Everything has been done remotely.
MCRM has many packages available to make things more affordable. He also works with a pharmacy program that offers discounts.

IUI, 2 IVF
Dr. A [Peter Ahlering] is easy to talk to and it's obvious he genuinely cares about his patients.... Expect that some of your appointments will be behind schedule. He is thorough and likes to spend as much time with each individual patient as needed, so it's not uncommon to have an appointment be behind schedule. Sometimes my wife would wait for up to 30 minutes.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great. My wife was comfortable and so was I. I went there for my semen analysis before we met with him, and I knew I'd like the organization because of the staff. Dr. A runs a happy facility. He is willing to spend as much time with you as needed, which is great (except when he's running behind because of it).
Dr. A is easy to talk to and it's obvious he genuinely cares about his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay VanWinkle)
My wife loves our coordinator which makes the entire process a heck of a lot easier. I am not a fan of needles, so I struggled with blood draws. Lindsay helped me feel at ease and I am happy to report I stopped passing out. She makes my wife feel comfortable every single time she is there.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The only thing I think you should be aware of is the long wait (this isn't always true, but it does happen).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I believe we paid about 30,000 for meds, two retrievals and one transfer.
Chesterfield
Dr Ahlering spoke with us several times at length on the phone. Gave us our options and even referred us to a closer clinic should we choose to try IUI first to save us on travel... So far we are very pleased with Dr Ahlering. We were impressed he would refer us somewhere else for an IUI as we felt he was thinking of our best interest. We ended up naturally pregnant immediately after seeing him, however we lost the pregnancy and are deciding how to proceed.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
We have just had diagnostic labs/ testing. So far we are very pleased with Dr Ahlering. We were impressed he would refer us somewhere else for an IUI as we felt he was thinking of our best interest. We ended up naturally pregnant immediately after seeing him, however we lost the pregnancy and are deciding how to proceed.
We have only had diagnostic labs/testing. He suggested an IUI as the next step. He suggested intercourse every day at the peak of my cycle. We did get pregnant, but lost the baby. We will follow up with him after my cycle returns.
The majority of our contact was setting up the appointment and lab draws. Since our miscarriage we have heard from Jennifer Bader asking how we are and that they are thinking of us. I'm pleasantly surprised at the level of compassion.
Our diagnostic testing for both my husband and myself was around $500

IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
My only complaint about Dr A [Peter Ahlering]is that he can sometimes get distracted or sidetracked, so it's best to write down your questions before meeting with him. Other than that, I literally can't think of anyone else I'd change about MCRM and Dr A.... He is kind, funny and compassionate. He always makes time to meet with you personally and answer questions.
IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
My only complaint about Dr A is that he can sometimes get distracted or sidetracked, so it's best to write down your questions before meeting with him. Other than that, I literally can't think of anyone else I'd change about MCRM and Dr A.
As I previously said, make sure you keep a list of questions handy so you can be sure to stay focused while meeting. He likes to talk!
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Incredibly understanding and patient, deeply passionate about helping her patients. She made every visit less scary and made every question easy to ask. My coordinator was invaluable!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
There are specific cycle weeks, so be prepared to be on birth control to get your cycle ready with theirs. The staff is friendly. Dr. A is thorough, so it's not uncommon to be behind schedule/late to appointments, but it's because he's always (always) wanting to be sure you fully understand everything. Amazing place!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Reasonably priced, all things considered. He is not the most expensive in St. Louis and tries to keep cost low.

6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. A[hlering] was kind and knowledgeable...really knows his research, which I appreciated because you need innovative and an outside the box thinker sometimes. He explained procedures in detail and gave thorough explanations and always directed me to the right people...I was monitored at an out of town clinic.
6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Dr. A is so knowledgeable and really knows his research, which I appreciated because you need innovative and an outside the box thinker sometimes. He explained procedures in detail and gave thorough explanations and always directed me to the right people.
My nurse was incredibly helpful and made me feel like she was on my journey with me. Dr. A was kind and knowledgeable.
Jen A was an absolute angel in the IVF process. She was available, answered any questions and made me feel positive and hopeful.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They have a great team and know that each person has a role, so they may transfer you around. But, it’s clear that people there love what they do because they are kind and compassionate. They were helpful for whatever I needed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at MCRM.
I was monitored at an out of town clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I did a two banking cycle retrievals, a fertilization and FET with ICSI and embryoscope for $14,000
Chesterfield

If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he [Dr. Ahlering] is probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff...Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable and caring. He always took time to explain every step of our treatment plan to us. Dr Ahlering was extremely supportive and understanding and did all that he could to help us through the rough times
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
If you're looking to have a counseling session or be babied, he's probably not going to do that. When you go see him, be ready to hear the truth. He's there to get the job done, not drag things out, and knows his stuff.
He met with us and went over my medical history. He listened and was very caring and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey and Rachel )
The nursing staff was very knowledgeable and always willing to answer any questions that I had. Very friendly and supportive
Describe your experience with MCRM.
The clinic has recently expanded and is state of the art. The entire staff was very friendly and readily available to help in any way needed. Everyone is extremely caring and empathetic. They take the time to get to know you even though they see so many patients
Chesterfield

Dr. Ahlering was a wonderful doctor! We felt confident with him and even when things didn't go as planned the first round, he met with us and talked about the reasons why and a plan for the next round... We did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirellix.... Dr. Ahlering explained every step of the process. He was very thorough and compassionate.
European, Other
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Make a list of all of your questions before you meet with him.
We did IVF with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirellix.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lindsay. She was so helpful and answered all of my millions of questions. She made everything clear and was so helpful. She always got back to me very quickly and kept me informed. I felt like we had a friend/cheerleader throughout the process.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The place is very nice and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid out of pocket and the IVF cost around $10,000 plus $3,000-$4,000 in medication.
He recommends testing one embryo if it is PGS tested, but will definitely let you do two if you want.
Chesterfield

Very educated and thorough explaining medical procedures and options. We spent an hour with him [Dr. Peter Ahlering] the first visit. Although we have been unable to see him since starting treatment, we have had questions answered through our corrdinator which work out just fine.... So far my husband has had an in depth semin analysis, I had blood work and ultrasounds: we decided to do ovidril with the letrozole and after one month with that we have done IUI once
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Very educated and thorough explaining medical procedures and options. We spent an hour with him the first visit. Although we have been unable to see him since starting treatment, we have had questions answered through our corrdinator which work out just fine.
Don't stress about everything before you get all your options heard and understood
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
Christina is great with organizing and arranging my treatments and getting back to me with questions
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Short waiting time and great with answering billing questions. Waiting room is comfortable and the receptionists are kind
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
I don't remember the consultation fee but the ultrasounds are $200 and IUI is $300 I believe
Chesterfield
[Dr. Ahlering] Always made sure I understood what was going on and answered all my questions...Him and his staff are great to work with... The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Him and his staff are great to work with. They always answer all my questions I may. The seminar they put on was absolutely amazing. Very informative and helpful to my husband and I. It made me feel that I am not alone in this process and because of that I have felt better throughout this while process and I am also now doing acupuncture from what I learned to help with infertility.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Always made sure I understood what was going on and answered all my questions.
I had a baseline ultrasound, a mid cycle ultrasound and then the IUI. I was on Letrozole, Gonal and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
She is great!
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They seem to run on time alot which is very nice.
Each ultrasound is $200 and the IUI is $500. Medicine is around $100
Chesterfield
Dr. Aherling is very kind and understanding. He is very open to hearing how you would like treatment to proceed as well as having a recommendation. My experience as a patient has been easy. I am always able to get my questions answered in a timely way and feel as if I have access to ask those questions to him and his very knowledgeable staff.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Trust him. He is an expert in his field and I know that he would never steer anyone wrong. Also, ask questions! Treatments can be overwhelming and stressful so if you have a concern or a question, speak up!
He is very knowledgeable about my circumstances. When he walk in the room, he knows exactly where I am at in my cycle, and what we need to discuss
She is always available for questions and willing to find the answers
Describe your experience with MCRM.
This clinic has many stengths. First their ability to make you feel like a human in a very scientific experience and they make you feel like a priority.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Prices were comparable with other clinics
Chesterfield
Dr Ahlering was always available to answer any questions I had. He was always kind and provided words of encouragement. He took time to explain the process to us and helped us come up with our next plan.... Dr Ahlering is very knowledgeable. He uses all the newest technology and is willing to go the extra mile to help you get a positive outcome. I was very impressed with him and wished I had found him first!!!
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Trust him! He definitely knows what he is doing!
i don't remember the drugs and dosages we used. We did use Gonal-f. We retrieved 4 eggs (I only have one ovary), 3 fertilized normally and all 3 were transferred on day 3. We were pregnant with twins but one stopped growing at 8 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Peggy Reed)
Peggy and the rest of the staff were all warm and caring. They all go above and beyond
Describe your experience with MCRM.
MCRM is the best. They go above and beyond!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
We paid for our cycle, the embryoscope, embryo glue and nano beads also meds

Endometriosis, PCOS
He [Dr. Peter Ahlering] was compassionate and thorough at every visit.... They [MCRM-Chesterfield] weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
He was great and I would recommend him on a personal level but can’t provide insight past a couple of visits. I didn’t move forward with ivf due to finances but I felt comfortable with him, and his knowledge. He was compassionate and thorough at every visit.
Ask questions.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They weren’t always easy to get in touch with and I didn’t feel like they were always organized in their approach. I had some unexpected costs such as the blood work ($3000 worth) a previous clinic I went to was very through about the costs and my insurance coverage including a sit down with the insurance coordinator, they didn’t do this obviously.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Ahlering at MCRM.
Unexpected costs of $3000 for labs not covered by insurance.
Chesterfield
Dr. Ahlering was amazing. Simply could not have asked for a better dr. He responded to my inquiry quickly and answered any and all questions I had. He was very compassionate and explained to us exactly what was going to happen.... ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead... Shawnie [a nurse at MCRM] sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.... A couple times that I needed bloodwork, Shawnie did not call in orders to Quest. I would get to Quest and have to get ahold of her while there, for tests to be ordered.
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Don't give up. He performs miracles.
ICSI Embryoscope Nanobead
Shawnie sometimes came across as rude or that she was bothered by my emails and questions.

8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
[Dr. Peter Ahlering was] Warm and caring. Always upfront about the treatment plans and what to expect in the coming visits. Excellent communication via phone and portal messages. Always answered questions and concerns. Compassionate.... Caring, personable, empathetic, personalized treatment... Expect to be given a lot of information but know that questions are always answered during any part of treatment.
8 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
Caring, personable, empathetic, personalized treatment
I don’t remember specifics.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
Although they are a small clinic, you will receive the very best, personalized care. Time each day is set aside for phone follow-ups. It is super easy to communicate with the entire team via the portal.
Transfer one embryo to give it 100% chance in the optimal environment.
Chesterfield

I believe that the experience with the doctors [Dr. Peter Ahlering] overall have been good just awaiting a good outcome. Still in the process of the second round of iui they have all been very helpful with what options that are available to have a successful outcome.... They [the staff at MCRM] are all very helpful and nice. They always have a smile and willing to help and answer all and every question that I have or any concerns. Answer all emails in a timely manner or return all call
How was your experience with Peter Ahlering at MCRM?
I believe that the experience with the doctors overall have been good just awaiting a good outcome. Still in the process of the second round of iui they have all been very helpful with what options that are available to have a successful outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at MCRM. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
She has been very compassionate through this process with all my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with MCRM.
They are all very helpful and nice. They always have a smile and willing to help and answer all and every question that I have or any concerns. Answer all emails in a timely manner or return all call