Medical SchoolMount Sinai
FellowshipBrown
1 Daniel Burnham Court
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-964-5618
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter Klatsky to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Spring Fertility to a friend?
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds ... Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. ... He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a smart doctor, with a mellow, easy-going demeanor. He doesn't rush appointments and gives thoughtful answers to questions. Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. Overall I feel like I am in great care with Dr. Klatsky - he's competent and kind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Be prepared with your questions in advance to appointments so you can use the short time you'll have with Dr. Klatsky to its fullest. He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds - he even had me smiling and laughing a few times when I felt rock bottom.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Klatsky recommended a mid-leutal STIMS start for us (due to lower AMH) to produce the most follicles possible during our cycle. He prefers using more "gentle" treatment and lower dosages of medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel (Nurse), Kelsey (Patient Coord.))
We met with our care coordinator once - she was compassionate and answered questions well. After the initial meeting, we never saw her at appointments and only communicated via email. The nurse assigned to us was never at appointments, and only communicated via email. She was responsive and had a back-up nurse assigned if she was out of office. The care coordinator and nursing staff is only available 9-5pm Mon-Fri - which sometimes made it difficult to get answers questions quickly if needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. Because it is so popular, it can get busy and feel like an IVF conveyor-belt, but the level of care is excellent! We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere. The doctors are usually prompt and provide top-notch care. Overall - highly recommend so far.
San Fran

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.

2017 - 2019
Dr Klatsy is committed to his patients, empathetic to the challenges of IVF and has a great balance of positivity and reality when discussing treatment options and results. ... We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome. He’s also one of the nicest most caring doctors i’ve seen. He’s realatable and goes out of his way to help coordinate care with other physicians as needed. My only critique would be for him to slow down a bit when he’s explaining things and allow more time for questions—we had already been through IVF once before working with him but he thinks so fast so you need to be ready ahead of time with your questions. Luckily his nurses are amazing and can help get answers after the appointment.
Do your homework ahead of time but be open to his tailored IVF protocols—he knows his stuff and you get great results even if the approach is different from the larger clinics.
Mid-luteal start protocol—3 and then 4 pgs normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Laurel is a rock star—well organized, prompt and amazing at concisely answering your all of your questions and following up with the doctor as needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance. Slow to respond if they respond at all and they struggle to effectively work with insurance companies on claims. I’ve learned a ton about medical billing during the process because of the errors and lack of proper communication with our insurance company. Be sure to understand the entire cost of treatment and check your bills and claims frequently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
Out of pocket costs were a bit more expensive than larger Bay Area clinics but they take insurance (big positive!) and you get more time with the doctor than in the larger clinics. They offer good deals for medication packages and genetic testing. Insurance costs have not been clearly described and it is extremely challenging to get clear answers (or any answers) from the spring fertility finance team.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Since we had pgs tested our embryos, he recommended single embryo transfer which was our choice too.
San Fran

Upon meeting Dr.Klatsky, he did not ask us why we were there or what we were looking for. He immediately launched into a pitch about IUI and IVF. I told him that we needed to back track the conversation because we were there for fertility assessments, understanding if our bodies had any issues, and weren’t yet ready for IUI/IVF. He got pretty defensive, which tanked the remainder of the discussion. We got a little bit of information from him, but not nearly the amount we would have gotten if he had met us where we wanted information instead of trying to shove us into the IVF/IUI sales pitch box.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky was there to sell us IUI/IVF. We had to push him to get off that track and discuss our bodies, where we are physically, and where we are on this journey (at the time, we weren’t ready for IUI/IVF). When I redirected the conversation, I accidentally referred to embryos as babies, prompting a long, condescending lecture on how embryos are a distinct protected class. As a patient, it is not my job to get all of the terms right. I do not have an MD. I should not be spoken to that way when I slip up on fertility vocab. It is my job to get what I need out of an appointment and with Dr. Klatsky, that was a struggle. He didn’t connect to what we wanted, he was focused from the get go on selling us IUI/IVF, and he became defensive and condescending when we tried to direct the conversation to where we needed it.
Before he has a chance to speak, tell him your expectations for the appointment.
We did not pursue treatment with Klatsky after the initial meeting. I could not trust him as a partner on our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Spring portal system is clunky and difficult to navigate. Staff needs to be contacted multiple times for follow through, no matter if it is a question about medication, scheduling, or trying to transfer my records to another clinic. I am constantly sending them reminder emails. I tried to work with two doctors at Spring and felt like I was being shoved onto their IVF conveyor belt by both. My input was outright dismissed by both doctors, a big no-no in a process that has to be collaborative. Both doctor experiences were an IVF/IUI sales pitch. (For context, I am seeing a new doctor now who doesn’t see IVF as a first or even second choice for me).
I don’t remember much because it was covered by insurance. But the genetic testing was pricey. $250-$450 after insurance.
San Fran

Dr. Klatsky is very friendly and his calm personality always put me at ease. He explained the process simply and made sure I understood everything before I left his clinic. Since we have setbacks, he knew it wasn’t what either of us wanted so he was apologetic and ensured he’s trying everything he could so we can get started and get going. He informed me of what and when to expect to start our timeline and I felt more at ease.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Take all of his classes because they’re really informative and if they want to meet him then they should take their free IVF information session.
Dr. Klatsky asked me questions and valued my answers with complete understanding and validated my feelings. We chose to do IVF for the PGS/PGD testing and he understood that it wasn’t ideal to have to wait to start.
I’m not sure which specific protocol Dr. Klatsky put me on, but I had the saline sonogram and he saw that my uterus was healthy and smooth so I didn’t undergo a lot of testing. As I’m young, healthy and technically not infertile, I will be on menopur/Gonal-f/cetrotide/lupron. I have insulin injections as well. Dr. Klatsky said my injection amounts are a little more aggressive so they’re hoping I will produce more good quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
Helen is really friendly and very responsive to her emails. I had a lot of issues with getting my medications and Helen was very accommodating and quick with helping me call and send prescriptions to different pharmacies. I am extremely appreciative of her friendly can-do attitude and speedy responses!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a very new, modern and clean clinic. They offer free snacks, beverages, WiFi and they also have a water filling “station” so you could fill your thermos. All their staff is very friendly. Weakness is probably location since they are in downtown SF. They have a parking lot, but I haven’t parked in there. Metered street parking is not hard to find around there. If your appointment is early enough, street parking is free.
IVF is covered through my work, but I realized their retrieval and transfer facility is out of my network so I had to pay for their facility fee which is not bad. Dr. Klatsky knows PGS/PGD testing is pricey so he works with a company that if they diagnosis you then they offer $99 PGS/PGD testing (not including shipping/storage fees). With all those fees included, the testing would cost $600 which is way better than $5k+.
Because of my age he only agrees to do single embryo transfers, but I’m sure it’s case dependent.
San Fran

We were so happy with Dr. Klatsky as our doctor. The whole fertility process can be unnerving and overwhelming and Dr. Klatsky eased our anxiety/concerns at every juncture. He was patient, pleasant, explained the scientific jargon in layman's terms and made sure that we understood what the process would entail....We elected to undergo a natural transfer cycle to limit the amount of injections needed. Besides that, our treatment plan was typical for the IVF process.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were so happy with Dr. Klatsky as our doctor. The whole fertility process can be unnerving and overwhelming and Dr. Klatsky eased our anxiety/concerns at every juncture. He was patient, pleasant, explained the scientific jargon in layman's terms and made sure that we understood what the process would entail. Furthermore, he empowered us to make the treatment choices we decided to pursue by presenting all the information about the alternatives and giving us space to make the right decision for us. He never pressured us to choose a course of action or even undergo subsequent fertility treatments, which he could have because it meant more revenue for him. For example, he even told us that we were likely to get pregnant on our own at some point and it was up to us whether we wanted to wait for that outcome or pursue treatments if unwilling to wait. We really appreciated that.
Make sure that you understand the treatment calendar and the various steps of the process because that aspect can be really confusing!
Dr. Klatsky took time to understand our challenges with conception and ran all the appropriate tests before diagnosing the problem. He was patient, knowledgeable and assured us that our situation was normal. He was always available to answer questions and even proactively reached out to us during the process.
Helen was really supportive, responsive and showed great compassion. The only weakness we experienced was around proactive communication. There were multiple instances in which we had to email or call her to ask questions about the timing or process of the next stage of the treatment cycle instead of her reaching out to us. Furthermore, sometimes when she told us she would contact us with some update on X date, that date would pass with no contact requiring us to follow up. I think that much of this delay was due to the clinic being unexpectedly understaffed for the number of patients it treated so I think that Helen was just trying to stay afloat.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: brand new, state-of-the-art facility; new equipment and technology; clean and comfortable rooms; helpful and courteous staff; best-in-class embryologists; great video tutorials and supporting resources Weaknesses: understaffed; could use technology better for treatment calendars and management of process
He allowed us to make this choice and informed us that PGS would improve the odds of a successful single embryo transfer by understanding the genetic conditions of our embryos before the transfer.

7 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky is knowledgeable in his field. He has a lot of experience. He was always personable, and cared about my life beyond being a patient in the clinic undergoing a process that could make one feel.. dehumanized. He made himself available to talk more if I had questions and once I had absorbed difficult information. He made me feel valued as a patient. He was attentive to fine tuning the nuances of medication dosages so that I would have the best outcome possible, which I appreciated - his attention to detail.
7 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. The hard questions, like how many egg retrievals have they done and how many successful pregnancies from those retrievals.
The entire staff at the office is personable and greets you by name. While undergoing fertility treatments could make one feel dehumanized, harvesting eggs and having invasive frequent visits, Dr. Klatsky always asked about other areas of my life. He made me feel valued as a person beyond a very personal journey I was on in freezing eggs.
I was on a demi hault my second cycle - got 3 eggs at retrieval. My first cycle was with Menopur and Follistim - no Lupron as in second cycle - which got 4 eggs at retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Helen Timen)
They are great :) All super friendly, positive and upbeat, available, and quickly answer any questions via email. They really were a joy to work with and be around, and reason I had a good experience in this process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths - they are organized! They had everything prepared before my first appointment. I never felt like my treatment or information fell through the cracks - they have a lot to keep track of with a busy patient load and fast changing information, and they stay on it. Clean facilities, beautiful office. Weaknesses - little slow delay for labs to be uploaded to account online but really, those would be emailed to me within hours of my appointments.
About $10-12 k per cycle

8 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Klatsky] was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart... Went on birth control to regulate predict my period. Then, I started on Menopur and Follistem for about 12 days. I was going in basically every other day while Dr. K monitored with ultrasound and blood draws. He adjusted the med levels accordingly and was very in tune. He explained why he made the choices he did and I was really impressed with how he calibrated.
8 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
He was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart.
Don’t expect kid gloves but he is a really kind and expert doctor.
Dr. Klatsky was great. He’s incredibly funny - it took a little getting used to especially at the beginning (his partner Dr. Tran has a much more mellow bedside manner), but I trusted Dr. K’s expertise thoroughly and he monitored my egg retrieval and freezing like an absolute pro.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Fantastic team. So friendly and REAL. Ihad 1:1 instruction for how to give myself injections which was so helpful. Plus great email responsiveness and video tutorials
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They were just getting started at the time so a tiny bit disorganized. However I have had friends use them since and think things have improved tremendously. The nurses are so incredibly kind and responsive and the doctors are just sharp as tacks. I trust them to get the absolute optimal outcome and are really invested in their patients. Also, lovely touches - no hospital atmosphere, nice little gifts (chocolates after my egg retrieval!) and amazing snacks in the waiting room. I also love that I had one doc and one nurse for the entire process so they KNEW me and my case.
8k for one round of egg freezing; 4K for associated meds. Annual $600 for storage of frozen eggs.
None

28 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klatsky gave] Very clear explanations of treatment. Was very considerate in choosing a regimen that would be suitable for me and have a good/easy recovery time. Great communication and availability. He made sure that I had a gentle ramp-up of meds to avoid OHSS. He went out of his way to call after to make sure I was doing OK as well...Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
28 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
Very clear explanations of treatment, very attentive, office is great, took a lot of time to check in on my personally. Nursing staff is great. Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
lupron only trigger and gentle/lighter hormone doses, because my AMH was a bit high and he wanted to avoid OHSS.
Fast response time; very kind; attentive
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication. A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her.
there was a minimal (maybe $300?) consultation fee, but luckily for me due to the nature of the program I participated in there was no other cost to me.