Mount Sinai

425 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-964-5361

1 patient review filtered by:

Upon meeting Dr.Klatsky, he did not ask us why we were there or what we were looking for. He immediately launched into a pitch about IUI and IVF. I told him that we needed to back track the conversation because we were there for fertility assessments, understanding if our bodies had any issues, and weren’t yet ready for IUI/IVF. He got pretty defensive, which tanked the remainder of the discussion. We got a little bit of information from him, but not nearly the amount we would have gotten if he had met us where we wanted information instead of trying to shove us into the IVF/IUI sales pitch box.
I had to constantly be on top of my nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility], especially to share results with me when they came from an outside lab (and therefore didn’t auto-update the Portal), to take my questions to the doctor and get back to me with answers, and to ultimately send my records to my new clinic...The Spring portal system is clunky and difficult to navigate. Staff needs to be contacted multiple times for follow through, no matter if it is a question about medication, scheduling, or trying to transfer my records to another clinic. I am constantly sending them reminder emails.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky was there to sell us IUI/IVF. We had to push him to get off that track and discuss our bodies, where we are physically, and where we are on this journey (at the time, we weren’t ready for IUI/IVF). When I redirected the conversation, I accidentally referred to embryos as babies, prompting a long, condescending lecture on how embryos are a distinct protected class. As a patient, it is not my job to get all of the terms right. I do not have an MD. I should not be spoken to that way when I slip up on fertility vocab. It is my job to get what I need out of an appointment and with Dr. Klatsky, that was a struggle. He didn’t connect to what we wanted, he was focused from the get go on selling us IUI/IVF, and he became defensive and condescending when we tried to direct the conversation to where we needed it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Before he has a chance to speak, tell him your expectations for the appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
We did not pursue treatment with Klatsky after the initial meeting. I could not trust him as a partner on our fertility journey.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
The Spring portal system is clunky and difficult to navigate. Staff needs to be contacted multiple times for follow through, no matter if it is a question about medication, scheduling, or trying to transfer my records to another clinic. I am constantly sending them reminder emails. I tried to work with two doctors at Spring and felt like I was being shoved onto their IVF conveyor belt by both. My input was outright dismissed by both doctors, a big no-no in a process that has to be collaborative. Both doctor experiences were an IVF/IUI sales pitch. (For context, I am seeing a new doctor now who doesn’t see IVF as a first or even second choice for me).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I don’t remember much because it was covered by insurance. But the genetic testing was pricey. $250-$450 after insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
I had to constantly be on top of my nurses and coordinators, especially to share results with me when they came from an outside lab (and therefore didn’t auto-update the Portal), to take my questions to the doctor and get back to me with answers, and to ultimately send my records to my new clinic.
San Francisco