Mount Sinai

425 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-964-5361

Treated 2018 - 2020
My experience with Dr. Klatsky in 2018 for the egg retrieval was flawless. He kept me updated and educated on why he was doing particular procedures or prescribing medications and was very empathetic to all of the side effects throughout the process. When I came back in for the embryo transfer in 2020, I felt more disconnected. He relies heavily on his IVF nurse lead (who was great) to keep track of medications and cycle stages. There was one appointment i particular that he wasn't aware of what medications I was currently taking and he made recommendations to change medication and move up the cycle. I then received an email from his nurse later that day stating to not make the changes the Dr. had recommended, because he was not aware of exactly what meds I was on and to keep things as originally scheduled. Dr. Klatsky did follow up after our failed embryo transfer, answered all of our questions and was very empathetic and apologetic about the miscommunication that had occured throughout the FET cycle. He discussed in depth the plan for our next FET and why we would take that approach and it has been scheduled to happen within the next two months.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. ... The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The advice that I would give to a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky is to make sure you ask a lot of questions and don't hesitate to request for a follow up phone call if more information is needed or questions need to be answered after an appointment or consultation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
The first time I came into the clinic in 2018 I felt like I was treated like a human and not just a number. My Dr. and all of the nurses knew me by name and by the end of my egg retrieval the started to feel like family. When I came back in Feb 2020 to start the embryo transfer process, my experience was a bit different. It seemed like the waiting room was more crowded, procedure dates and times were changed 2-3 times due to scheduling issues (not due to my cycle) and there was some miscommunication happening. Thankfully, the missteps that were made were quickly corrected along the way and did not affect my treatment protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
My husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant before we came into the clinic. Dr. Klatsky preformed a saline sonogram, and HSG, an ultrasound and ordered blood work for both my husband and I. He then diagnosed me with Unexplained Infertility saying that all of the tests came out clear. He also took into account the results of my husbands sperm sample that we had previously had done. He recommended IVF, stating that IUI has less chances of working to get us pregnant. We went with his recommendation and started IVF asap. We did a retrieval under his care and did pgs testing at his recommendation to prevent miscarriage or failed FETs. We then did a medicated FET that was not successful. Dr. Klatsky recommended a medicated FET (with intramuscular progesterone shots and estrogen patches), because during the retrieval he stated that my lining was pretty thin and that the medicated protocol would rule out the lining being a factor. Dr. Klatsky, as well as my husband and I were all pretty surprised when the first round didn't work, since everything went well, lining looked good and the embryo was a "perfect" 5AA. After following up after the transfer, Dr. Klatsky has changed his approach for our next FET to a natural transfer, as I reminded him of my history of pelvic tension issues, interstitial cystitis and spotting. He wants to make sure that endometriosis isn't a factor, although I don't have many of the symptoms and he has done the majority of non- invasive tests to rule it out. Just in case I do have it he does not want to give me estrogen for the next cycle, which causes endo to flare. It will be a risk because there is a chance my lining may not be thick enough on transfer day, but he thinks it is best to try something different than last time to rule out endometriosis or any other factors that may be preventing us from getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel Maley)
Laurel Maley is our nurse coordinator. She is a great communicator, responded promptly, is compassionate and always in the know of what medications I am taking and was stage of my cycle I was in. She was great and one of the best parts of my experience at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Overall Spring is a good clinic. From the waiting room to the Dr.'s offices it is very clean and welcoming. The nurses and staff are all very nice and greet you with a warm smile every time you are in the office. It seems like their client load has increased since we first came for our IVF retrieval in 2018, which I think was the cause to procedures times being altered multiple times and long waits for appointments. The billing department is very responsive, but it took many emails and hours over the phone with them to get the proper paperwork to try and submit to my out of network insurance. My Dr. was changed the day of my transfer to Dr. Tran (whom I have never met or interacted with) and I was not informed until he came into the room to do the transfer and introduced himself. This was very off putting to me and added a lot of stress on a day when you do not want your stress levels to be high. The clinic was very apologetic about it and I trust that they will have better communication with me for our next FET.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
I believe the IVF retrieval was around 12,000-15,000. The FET with consultation, tests, monitoring and transfer was 5,100.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
Dr. Klatsky recommended against putting in multiple embryos at my age (33) and with my diagnosis (unexplained infertility) as it could cause a high risk pregnancy (multiples). I don't even think the clinic allows people to ask for multiple transfers at my age or with my diagnosis, but I am sure there are certain exceptions that they may do so. We allowed the clinic to pick the best out of our 3 pgs tested embryos and asked for the gender to be confidential and not shared with us.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
My tansfer procedure was rescheduled to 3 different times the day leading up to it, one of the times being only an hour and a half before the procedure was originally scheduled for. Dr. Tran did my transfer the day of and I was not informed that it would not be my primary doctor Dr. Klatsky until Dr. Tran walked in to do the procedure and introduced himself. The changing of appointment multiple times and not knowing that the Dr. for my transfer had changed until the moment of my transfer added a lot of stress to an already stressful process. It was apologized for by the nurse and Dr., but was definitely very upsetting and frustrating.
Treated 2016
Success w/ Doc 8 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Klatsky] was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart... Went on birth control to regulate predict my period. Then, I started on Menopur and Follistem for about 12 days. I was going in basically every other day while Dr. K monitored with ultrasound and blood draws. He adjusted the med levels accordingly and was very in tune. He explained why he made the choices he did and I was really impressed with how he calibrated.
The nurses [at Spring Fertility] are so incredibly kind and responsive and the doctors are just sharp as tacks. I trust them to get the absolute optimal outcome and are really invested in their patients. Also, lovely touches - no hospital atmosphere, nice little gifts (chocolates after my egg retrieval!) and amazing snacks in the waiting room. I also love that I had one doc and one nurse for the entire process so they KNEW me and my case.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
He was great and a pro. Not super soft bedside manner but very smart and funny. He presented facts in a clear and accessible way and was very direct. I trusted him completely and though he could be a little flippant, I felt like he had my absolute best interests at heart.
Don’t expect kid gloves but he is a really kind and expert doctor.
Dr. Klatsky was great. He’s incredibly funny - it took a little getting used to especially at the beginning (his partner Dr. Tran has a much more mellow bedside manner), but I trusted Dr. K’s expertise thoroughly and he monitored my egg retrieval and freezing like an absolute pro.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility.
Fantastic team. So friendly and REAL. Ihad 1:1 instruction for how to give myself injections which was so helpful. Plus great email responsiveness and video tutorials
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
They were just getting started at the time so a tiny bit disorganized. However I have had friends use them since and think things have improved tremendously. The nurses are so incredibly kind and responsive and the doctors are just sharp as tacks. I trust them to get the absolute optimal outcome and are really invested in their patients. Also, lovely touches - no hospital atmosphere, nice little gifts (chocolates after my egg retrieval!) and amazing snacks in the waiting room. I also love that I had one doc and one nurse for the entire process so they KNEW me and my case.
8k for one round of egg freezing; 4K for associated meds. Annual $600 for storage of frozen eggs.
None
San Francisco

Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds ... Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. ... He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Spring [Fertility] is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. ... We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is a smart doctor, with a mellow, easy-going demeanor. He doesn't rush appointments and gives thoughtful answers to questions. Don't expect him to sugarcoat his opinions or a diagnosis - he'll give it to you straight. Overall I feel like I am in great care with Dr. Klatsky - he's competent and kind.
Be prepared with your questions in advance to appointments so you can use the short time you'll have with Dr. Klatsky to its fullest. He tends to have a more conservative approach and protocol - make sure to ask about procedures, meds, etc. to get his full opinion.
Dr. Klatsky is a great doctor warms-up as time goes on. I appreciate his time to give thoughtful responses and honesty.to questions. I felt comfortable with him at all our ultrasounds - he even had me smiling and laughing a few times when I felt rock bottom.
Dr. Klatsky recommended a mid-leutal STIMS start for us (due to lower AMH) to produce the most follicles possible during our cycle. He prefers using more "gentle" treatment and lower dosages of medications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel (Nurse), Kelsey (Patient Coord.))
We met with our care coordinator once - she was compassionate and answered questions well. After the initial meeting, we never saw her at appointments and only communicated via email. The nurse assigned to us was never at appointments, and only communicated via email. She was responsive and had a back-up nurse assigned if she was out of office. The care coordinator and nursing staff is only available 9-5pm Mon-Fri - which sometimes made it difficult to get answers questions quickly if needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Spring is a clean, modern, well-run clinic with a very competent team. Because it is so popular, it can get busy and feel like an IVF conveyor-belt, but the level of care is excellent! We've had a few mishaps with the nursing staff communicating timely lab results and pharmacy refills - make sure to stay organized and on top of your own medications. Blood-draws are always quick. The waiting room is always stocked with snacks and beverages, and has a modern, calming atmosphere. The doctors are usually prompt and provide top-notch care. Overall - highly recommend so far.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility?