Mount Sinai

425 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94105
415-964-5361

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Klatsky is warm and meets each patient where they are. E.g., early on I wanted to leave most things up to him, but as we progressed I got more involved in the data. He is warm and compassionate, and has a quirky sense of humor...he will be candid and forthright...Mid-luteal cycle start for my second cycle as I responded poorly at the first retrieval...is kind, patient, and thorough...He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Spring is a nice clinic. I appreciate that it felt almost spa-like. For people with grueling work schedules, they are able to see you early morning (e.g., 7 am), and it runs like clockwork at that time. The receptionists are nice and remember your name/face. The early morning flexibility with appointments and the concierge-like service was the most important factor for me in choosing Spring vs. UCSF...Catherine is my patient coordinator, and she is absolutely wonderful in every way. I used to send long lists of questions at the beginning, and she never handled them with anything other than good cheer, a high degree of competence, and utter professionalism. I’m sure her case load must be high, but she is amazing at her job. I feel lucky to be working with her, given how on top of everything she is all the time.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Come armed with knowledge, or as you are - he will be candid and forthright.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is kind, patient, and thorough. He meets everyone where they are - e.g., if you just want the data/facts he’ll do that. But he also cares. He followed up with me when the number of eggs retrieved at my first retrieval was not what we were expecting, with a commitment to figure out what was going on.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Lange )
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility.
It’s all covered by my company’s insurance.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility.
N/A; haven’t transferred yet
San Francisco
We did an IUI cycle with letrozole and trigger shot [with Dr. Peter Klatsky]. I asked for letrozole over clomid because I had researched that it had fewer side effects...We’ve decided to start with 3 cycles of IUI and if need be go to IVF next. He was very warm and optimistic at all my ultrasounds and I didn’t feel rushed...he’s to the point but not dry. He’s optimistic but also realistic. We went in with unexplained infertility, he explained in detail both the IUI and IVF procedures.
My care coordinator Kelsey [at Spring Fertility] is fantastic! She’s always prompt in responding to my emails and helped me check off everything I needed to get done prior to starting out IUI cycle. I really like working with her. While she was gone on vacation, I still felt very taken care of by the other staff at Spring...Each IUI is about $1600. Letrozole and trigger shot about $100ish...Clean and modern facility. You get access to the Spring portal online that has everything you need for your cycle which is great. I’d get texts a few hours before I had to take my pills as a reminder and to check to make sure I had the correct dosage. The staff are all very friendly.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is optimistic but also realistic. He’ll explain everything in detail if you ask him to. I came prepared with a list of questions at the consultation and he answered all of them with patience. My ultrasound appointments were smooth, I appreciated his positivity.
Come prepared with questions! You’re your own advocate.
I really like Dr. Klatsky, he’s to the point but not dry. He’s optimistic but also realistic. We went in with unexplained infertility, he explained in detail both the IUI and IVF procedures. We’ve decided to start with 3 cycles of IUI and if need be go to IVF next. He was very warm and optimistic at all my ultrasounds and I didn’t feel rushed. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask, in fact I recommend to always come with questions and he’ll answer them for you.
We did an IUI cycle with letrozole and trigger shot. I asked for letrozole over clomid because I had researched that it had fewer side effects.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
My care coordinator Kelsey is fantastic! She’s always prompt in responding to my emails and helped me check off everything I needed to get done prior to starting out IUI cycle. I really like working with her. While she was gone on vacation, I still felt very taken care of by the other staff at Spring.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Each IUI is about $1600. Letrozole and trigger shot about $100ish.
San Francisco
Dr. Klatsky is very friendly and his calm personality always put me at ease. He explained the process simply and made sure I understood everything before I left his clinic. Since we have setbacks, he knew it wasn’t what either of us wanted so he was apologetic and ensured he’s trying everything he could so we can get started and get going. He informed me of what and when to expect to start our timeline and I felt more at ease.
Spring is a very new, modern and clean clinic. They offer free snacks, beverages, WiFi and they also have a water filling “station” so you could fill your thermos. All their staff is very friendly. Weakness is probably location since they are in downtown SF. They have a parking lot, but I haven’t parked in there. Metered street parking is not hard to find around there. If your appointment is early enough, street parking is free.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Take all of his classes because they’re really informative and if they want to meet him then they should take their free IVF information session.
Dr. Klatsky asked me questions and valued my answers with complete understanding and validated my feelings. We chose to do IVF for the PGS/PGD testing and he understood that it wasn’t ideal to have to wait to start.
I’m not sure which specific protocol Dr. Klatsky put me on, but I had the saline sonogram and he saw that my uterus was healthy and smooth so I didn’t undergo a lot of testing. As I’m young, healthy and technically not infertile, I will be on menopur/Gonal-f/cetrotide/lupron. I have insulin injections as well. Dr. Klatsky said my injection amounts are a little more aggressive so they’re hoping I will produce more good quality eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
Helen is really friendly and very responsive to her emails. I had a lot of issues with getting my medications and Helen was very accommodating and quick with helping me call and send prescriptions to different pharmacies. I am extremely appreciative of her friendly can-do attitude and speedy responses!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
IVF is covered through my work, but I realized their retrieval and transfer facility is out of my network so I had to pay for their facility fee which is not bad. Dr. Klatsky knows PGS/PGD testing is pricey so he works with a company that if they diagnosis you then they offer $99 PGS/PGD testing (not including shipping/storage fees). With all those fees included, the testing would cost $600 which is way better than $5k+.
Because of my age he only agrees to do single embryo transfers, but I’m sure it’s case dependent.
San Francisco
Dr. Klatsky is extremely intelligent and a very dedicated, hard working doctor. He's at the office everyday. I saw him every visit and he never seemed in a rush. I like to know ALL the details to be fully 100% informed, and every time I asked questions he was willing to explain. ... I felt most like a human in his care after my first failed fresh transfer. He called to inform me it was negative and genuinely sounded disappointed with me. During my visits he listened to all of my concerns and helped me discern what was "my fault" and what absolutely wasn't my fault.
Spring is an amazing clinic. It has a very calm, friendly, chic vibe with dim lights in the treatment rooms and top notch equipment. A weakness - be prepared to wait in the lobby at least 10 mins after your appt. time. I think they run behind and I've seen other patients get impatient. ... Some appointments were untimely for a full time employee, but I knew IVF was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, so I mostly did whatever the clinic needed for me timing wise. Sometimes there was flexibility in monitoring. They were always personal and always caring.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is friendly, warm, gentle, direct and honest. I felt most like a human in his care after my first failed fresh transfer. He called to inform me it was negative and genuinely sounded disappointed with me. During my visits he listened to all of my concerns and helped me discern what was "my fault" and what absolutely wasn't my fault.
1 IUI with Clomid because I needed 3 IUIs in order to move onto IVF for my insurance. (I did 2 other IUIs through Kaiser.) No babies produced. Then I did 1 round of IVF resulting in 4 perfect embryos - 1 failed fresh transfer and 1 positive FET - currently 8 weeks. (I had NEVER had a positive pregnancy test, so it's possible!)
Dr. Klatsky's team was VERY kind and compassionate. There seems to be a lot of nurses, which made for a confusing experience to begin with, but everyone was friendly and professional!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Coming from Kaiser, Spring is an amazing clinic. It has a very calm, friendly, chic vibe with dim lights in the treatment rooms and top notch equipment. A weakness - be prepared to wait in the lobby at least 10 mins after your appt. time. I think they run behind and I've seen other patients get impatient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility.
I was covered by insurance for IVF so I paid about $3500 for their facilities across the hall of the office (for retrieval and transfers), maybe around $5000 for things not covered, and around $4000 for meds all out of pocket. I also paid out of pocket $4500 for FET.
He would NOT have transferred more than 1 embryo. He was very vocally positive IVF would work for me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
There were A LOT of names and nurses for me to keep track of. My perception was that they do this everyday as a job, but I was brand new to everything IVF. I had no idea I needed to stay on top of my inbox for an email from them, even though I had already discussed everything in detail with the nurse at the clinic after my appointment. Halfway through my IVF meds, they simplified and only had 1 nurse contact me with next steps, which was more organized and thoughtful. I knew what to look for. I would suggest for the patient to set expectations on communication from day 1.
Treated 2017
Success w/ Doc 7 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky is knowledgeable in his field. He has a lot of experience. He was always personable, and cared about my life beyond being a patient in the clinic undergoing a process that could make one feel.. dehumanized. He made himself available to talk more if I had questions and once I had absorbed difficult information. He made me feel valued as a patient. He was attentive to fine tuning the nuances of medication dosages so that I would have the best outcome possible, which I appreciated - his attention to detail.
[Springs Fertility's] Strengths - they are organized! They had everything prepared before my first appointment. I never felt like my treatment or information fell through the cracks - they have a lot to keep track of with a busy patient load and fast changing information, and they stay on it. Clean facilities, beautiful office. Weaknesses - little slow delay for labs to be uploaded to account online but really, those would be emailed to me within hours of my appointments.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. The hard questions, like how many egg retrievals have they done and how many successful pregnancies from those retrievals.
The entire staff at the office is personable and greets you by name. While undergoing fertility treatments could make one feel dehumanized, harvesting eggs and having invasive frequent visits, Dr. Klatsky always asked about other areas of my life. He made me feel valued as a person beyond a very personal journey I was on in freezing eggs.
I was on a demi hault my second cycle - got 3 eggs at retrieval. My first cycle was with Menopur and Follistim - no Lupron as in second cycle - which got 4 eggs at retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Helen Timen)
They are great :) All super friendly, positive and upbeat, available, and quickly answer any questions via email. They really were a joy to work with and be around, and reason I had a good experience in this process.
About $10-12 k per cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
Just once in an email a nurse said the name of another medication I was not on, I disregarded it and she owned the error. It was not a big deal to me.
Treated 2016 - 2017
We were so happy with Dr. Klatsky as our doctor. The whole fertility process can be unnerving and overwhelming and Dr. Klatsky eased our anxiety/concerns at every juncture. He was patient, pleasant, explained the scientific jargon in layman's terms and made sure that we understood what the process would entail....We elected to undergo a natural transfer cycle to limit the amount of injections needed. Besides that, our treatment plan was typical for the IVF process.
Strengths [Spring Valley - San Fran]: brand new, state-of-the-art facility; new equipment and technology; clean and comfortable rooms; helpful and courteous staff; best-in-class embryologists; great video tutorials and supporting resources Weaknesses: understaffed; could use technology better for treatment calendars and management of process... Helen was really supportive, responsive and showed great compassion. The only weakness we experienced was around proactive communication.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were so happy with Dr. Klatsky as our doctor. The whole fertility process can be unnerving and overwhelming and Dr. Klatsky eased our anxiety/concerns at every juncture. He was patient, pleasant, explained the scientific jargon in layman's terms and made sure that we understood what the process would entail. Furthermore, he empowered us to make the treatment choices we decided to pursue by presenting all the information about the alternatives and giving us space to make the right decision for us. He never pressured us to choose a course of action or even undergo subsequent fertility treatments, which he could have because it meant more revenue for him. For example, he even told us that we were likely to get pregnant on our own at some point and it was up to us whether we wanted to wait for that outcome or pursue treatments if unwilling to wait. We really appreciated that.
Make sure that you understand the treatment calendar and the various steps of the process because that aspect can be really confusing!
Dr. Klatsky took time to understand our challenges with conception and ran all the appropriate tests before diagnosing the problem. He was patient, knowledgeable and assured us that our situation was normal. He was always available to answer questions and even proactively reached out to us during the process.
Helen was really supportive, responsive and showed great compassion. The only weakness we experienced was around proactive communication. There were multiple instances in which we had to email or call her to ask questions about the timing or process of the next stage of the treatment cycle instead of her reaching out to us. Furthermore, sometimes when she told us she would contact us with some update on X date, that date would pass with no contact requiring us to follow up. I think that much of this delay was due to the clinic being unexpectedly understaffed for the number of patients it treated so I think that Helen was just trying to stay afloat.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: brand new, state-of-the-art facility; new equipment and technology; clean and comfortable rooms; helpful and courteous staff; best-in-class embryologists; great video tutorials and supporting resources Weaknesses: understaffed; could use technology better for treatment calendars and management of process
He allowed us to make this choice and informed us that PGS would improve the odds of a successful single embryo transfer by understanding the genetic conditions of our embryos before the transfer.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Success w/ Doc 28 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Klatsky gave] Very clear explanations of treatment. Was very considerate in choosing a regimen that would be suitable for me and have a good/easy recovery time. Great communication and availability. He made sure that I had a gentle ramp-up of meds to avoid OHSS. He went out of his way to call after to make sure I was doing OK as well...Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
[Nurses at Spring Fertility had a] Fast response time; very kind; attentive...A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her...Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication...Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Ask questions, he'll take the time to answer them.
Very clear explanations of treatment, very attentive, office is great, took a lot of time to check in on my personally. Nursing staff is great. Atmosphere is calming. Great communication. Gave me a very gentle treatment to make sure I didn't get OHSS.
lupron only trigger and gentle/lighter hormone doses, because my AMH was a bit high and he wanted to avoid OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility.
Fast response time; very kind; attentive
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Cleanliness, organization, fast response time, good communication. A few times there were miscommunications but these were all resolved quickly. One cycle I didn't have anyone to drive me home and one of the coordinators actually gave me a lift back, that was super nice of her.
there was a minimal (maybe $300?) consultation fee, but luckily for me due to the nature of the program I participated in there was no other cost to me.
Treated 2020
Success w/ Doc 17 Eggs Frozen
We used a Luteal protocol [with Dr. Kaltsky] - a great way to follow my natural cycle...really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful...is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors...And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field...He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
[The nurses at Spring Fertility are] Very easy to communicate with over email. I really appreciated how the whole clinic has organized extensive notes on medication for patients...Beautiful, new, clean and forward-thinking! I love going into Spring's clinic. Much nicer than most doctor's offices. And, they always have a snack which is so nice. I find myself more often than not arriving starving in between meetings and life responsibilities. They think of every detail!...We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatsky is at the top of my list in terms of favorite doctors. I think he's one of the very best in his field. And, he's a great human being! He was very compassionate in understanding my reasons for being there. And, he has a vision for how the future of fertility might look. Definitely a leader in his field.
He knows his stuff! Come in with questions and be ready to learn.
Dr. Klatsky really cares about his patients and is super knowledgable in his field. He's driven and thoughtful.
We used a Luteal protocol - a great way to follow my natural cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
10K - 12K
Treated 2018 - 2019
[Spring Fertility-SF's] Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
We were a challenging case and Dr Klatsy did not back down from the challenge and entered each phase of treatment with a positive outlook. He was very willing to change the approach based on current information and either move forward or pause to ensure we got the best outcome. He’s also one of the nicest most caring doctors i’ve seen. He’s realatable and goes out of his way to help coordinate care with other physicians as needed. My only critique would be for him to slow down a bit when he’s explaining things and allow more time for questions—we had already been through IVF once before working with him but he thinks so fast so you need to be ready ahead of time with your questions. Luckily his nurses are amazing and can help get answers after the appointment.
Do your homework ahead of time but be open to his tailored IVF protocols—he knows his stuff and you get great results even if the approach is different from the larger clinics.
Dr Klatsy is committed to his patients, empathetic to the challenges of IVF and has a great balance of positivity and reality when discussing treatment options and results.
Mid-luteal start protocol—3 and then 4 pgs normal embryos
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laurel)
Laurel is a rock star—well organized, prompt and amazing at concisely answering your all of your questions and following up with the doctor as needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths—doctors—you see your primary doctor most of the time for all appts (and they rotate on weekends)—all of the doctors are caring and talented. The front desk staff is well organized and helpful. All of the nurses are very knowledgeable and prompt with responses. Okay The medical assistants vary in their abilities and some struggle with blood draws which can be frustrating. Weaknesses The finance team is a nightmare to work with if you are using insurance. Slow to respond if they respond at all and they struggle to effectively work with insurance companies on claims. I’ve learned a ton about medical billing during the process because of the errors and lack of proper communication with our insurance company. Be sure to understand the entire cost of treatment and check your bills and claims frequently.
Out of pocket costs were a bit more expensive than larger Bay Area clinics but they take insurance (big positive!) and you get more time with the doctor than in the larger clinics. They offer good deals for medication packages and genetic testing. Insurance costs have not been clearly described and it is extremely challenging to get clear answers (or any answers) from the spring fertility finance team.
Since we had pgs tested our embryos, he recommended single embryo transfer which was our choice too.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility.
One time there was an issue with their message system and we did not get an update that the doctor wanted to see us earlier than our scheduled appointment. We worked through everything and got an appointment the next day and they fixed their message system. We been told conflicting financial information a few times.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Success w/ Doc 48 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klatsky always took whatever time I needed to reassure me and make sure I had all the information needed to make an informed decision. He was comforting, understanding, and professional. He performed 2 out of my 3 egg retrieval procedures, and the only reason he didn't perform the other was because he was out on paternity leave!...He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
The nurses and coordinators [at Spring Fertility] were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands...The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication. (Q121) which of the following did your treatment with the  include?
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility?
Dr. Klatzky was kind, understanding, reasonable, and professional. He made me feel very at ease through every process and procedure and I had great results from every retrieval. The nurses and coordinators were also extremely helpful and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands. Everyone listened intently to my concerns and addressed them with care.
I did injections with Gonal-F, menopur, and a few others I can't remember. I never had any negative reactions to the drugs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nina, and others)
The nurses and coordinators were extremely kind, helpful, and organized and made me feel like I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility.
Strengths: Organized, professional, clean, nice refreshments (important when having blood drawn), usually speedy. Weaknesses: The only area of improvement I want to call out is the communication between the clinic and the company that was providing the egg freezing benefits through my employer. Every time I went through an egg freezing procedure it felt like a lot of back and forth as I tried to explain what was covered by my insurance. I think this was mainly an issue on the part of my insurance provider, but it still would have been nice to see cleaner lines of communication.
~$15K per egg retrieval procedure, but all but some $20 copays were covered by my employer/insurance.
San Francisco
Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks. He answered all our questions and listened to our concerns. I highly recommend him for every couple having difficulties conceiving. I think he’s the best fertility doctor I’ve seen.
Spring fertility team are just amazing. They are all supportive, organized and friendly. They treat us as human and patient and not numbers. Whenever we showed up for an appointment, they knew our names from the minute we entered the clinic. They were all very passionate and well trained...Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks.