Nurse available by email
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter McGovern to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
A quarter of the way into our IVF, Dr. McGovern and Eric, the head embryologist, uncovered a serious fertility issue with me that all other doctors had missed - and it was the reason we had been unsuccessful all of this time. He called me and we came in for an office visit where he compassionately laid out the issue (an issue that reduced my chances of conceiving significantly) and most importantly to me, he detailed the fresh plan of action - a new custom round of IVF (as they all are at URA.) I left that day with hope and confidence in my reproductive team.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
I am really pleased that we chose University Reproductive Associates. After seeing specialists and trying for years, we were told IVF was our only option. We had consultations with several clinics in NJ, and we chose URA as we were really impressed with the facility and the knowledge and time Dr. McGovern gave us. He laid out our options and explained the science behind it all. He was the only doctor that we saw that didn't immediately try and get us to sign up for IVF. He tried to find the easiest option to get me pregnant, and after two simple tests, we all decided that IVF would be our best option. It took us a few tries with tweaking of the drug and supplement regiment and a little out of the box thinking (Dr. McGovern had a theory, so we tried a procedure that is rarely done.) I'm delighted to share that he was right, and as I sit here I'm almost 11 weeks pregnant with a very strong pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Follow his advice and trust his expertise and experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Describe the protocols Peter McGovern used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I would prefer to keep the specifics of my treatment off the internet, just know that Dr. Mcgovern used out of the box thinking specifically related to me and my issues and it worked! I'm 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea Costanza)
Andrea is a professional, incredibly good at her job, organized and very compassionate. She helped organize me during the complicated IVF process and was instrumental in my treatments and wonderful end result!
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
URA is a busy clinic, this was a plus for me, it’s the best in the area and has the best doctors so it’s going to be popular. If you can, visit Hoboken or Wayne for routine monitoring appointments and you should be seen right away.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
They have several locations and I could walk to their Hoboken location for monitoring where I saw Dr. Wolf almost daily during my cycle. She answered my daily reel of questions and supported me fully. It is a very efficiently run office in the heart of Hoboken and the wait time was just a few minutes
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I was a self-pay patient and after having consultants with several other clinic, URA was (by far) the best value

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Although we were ultimately unsuccessful in our quest to have a baby, I have always felt that Dr.McGovern was always there to help us to conceive. I felt he did everything to help us. He was thorough and always supported his reasoning with research.... The fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy however it was an empty sac and ended up having a D&C. Dr. McGovern was very supportive and recommended genetic testing
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Speak up and ask questions.
Even though there were many patients, I always felt like top priority-from the nurses to the phlebotomists to the doctors.
Prior to even starting fertility treatments, I had a polyp removal which was found during the HSG. I have done three IUi with letrozole protocols which were unsuccessful. At that point, we moved on to IVF. We started the stim medications and planned on a fresh transfer. The first retrieval we got 18 eggs (half ICSI, half IVF) and ultimately ended up with 6 embroyos. The fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy however it was an empty sac and ended up having a D&C. Dr. McGovern was very supportive and recommended genetic testing which we decided against due to financial reasons so we moved forward with our first frozen transfer using estrogen protocol. This transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At this pint, we tested our remaining four embroyos and had only one embroyo that was genetically viable. We transferred that embroyo which again failed. At this point, we were devastated and confused as to why a genetically viable embroyo failed. Dr. McGovern recommended an ERA to see when I was receptive which we did and came back as receptive. We completed our second retrieval which resulted in 28 eggs and 6 embroyos that were sent out for genetic testing. We ended up with 3 genetically viable embroyos. We transferred one using the estrogen protocol and again received negative results. At this point, we were crushed and confused. Dr.McGovern offered two suggestions: do another retrieval and transfer my genetically tested embroyos on day 5 since that was my only positive pregnancy or use letrozole protocol/trigger shot. At this time, we also met with another practice and decided to go with the second option as that was what was recommended by them as well. We also transferred our two remaining embroyos as one was not great quality. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful for the fifth time. At this point, we decided it was best to make a change, however, not due to anything Dr. McGovern did or the practice. I felt they always had my best interest at heart and tried everything in their power to help me. :
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was my life saver. She was always there for my many questions and eased my anxieties. I couldn’t have gone through this journey without her.
Long monitoring waits but have found everyone was very accommodating and helpful to us. They even worked with us in honoring old prices for genetic testing to help us. You see and get to know all the doctors during monitoring and have liked them all. Some were better communicators than others but overall was happy with my experience.
It was a bit stressful if you were not one of the first ones there. The monitoring times were short (1 hour) and mondays always seemed to be the worst. It was first come, first serve and there was usually a line waiting at the door to get in.
About $3000 for genetic testing. About $1000 for ERA testing and $700 a year for embroyo storage
Describe Peter McGovern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Advocated for single embroyo transfers.
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).