Peter McGovern

University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)

Not available by email
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter McGovern to a friend?
Neutral: 100%7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Although we were ultimately unsuccessful in our quest to have a baby, I have always felt that Dr.McGovern was always there to help us to conceive. I felt he did everything to help us. He was thorough and always supported his reasoning with research.... The fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy however it was an empty sac and ended up having a D&C. Dr. McGovern was very supportive and recommended genetic testing
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Speak up and ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Even though there were many patients, I always felt like top priority-from the nurses to the phlebotomists to the doctors.
Describe the protocols Peter McGovern used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
Prior to even starting fertility treatments, I had a polyp removal which was found during the HSG. I have done three IUi with letrozole protocols which were unsuccessful. At that point, we moved on to IVF. We started the stim medications and planned on a fresh transfer. The first retrieval we got 18 eggs (half ICSI, half IVF) and ultimately ended up with 6 embroyos. The fresh transfer resulted in a pregnancy however it was an empty sac and ended up having a D&C. Dr. McGovern was very supportive and recommended genetic testing which we decided against due to financial reasons so we moved forward with our first frozen transfer using estrogen protocol. This transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test. At this pint, we tested our remaining four embroyos and had only one embroyo that was genetically viable. We transferred that embroyo which again failed. At this point, we were devastated and confused as to why a genetically viable embroyo failed. Dr. McGovern recommended an ERA to see when I was receptive which we did and came back as receptive. We completed our second retrieval which resulted in 28 eggs and 6 embroyos that were sent out for genetic testing. We ended up with 3 genetically viable embroyos. We transferred one using the estrogen protocol and again received negative results. At this point, we were crushed and confused. Dr.McGovern offered two suggestions: do another retrieval and transfer my genetically tested embroyos on day 5 since that was my only positive pregnancy or use letrozole protocol/trigger shot. At this time, we also met with another practice and decided to go with the second option as that was what was recommended by them as well. We also transferred our two remaining embroyos as one was not great quality. Unfortunately, we were unsuccessful for the fifth time. At this point, we decided it was best to make a change, however, not due to anything Dr. McGovern did or the practice. I felt they always had my best interest at heart and tried everything in their power to help me. :
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
Andrea was my life saver. She was always there for my many questions and eased my anxieties. I couldn’t have gone through this journey without her.
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Long monitoring waits but have found everyone was very accommodating and helpful to us. They even worked with us in honoring old prices for genetic testing to help us. You see and get to know all the doctors during monitoring and have liked them all. Some were better communicators than others but overall was happy with my experience.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
It was a bit stressful if you were not one of the first ones there. The monitoring times were short (1 hour) and mondays always seemed to be the worst. It was first come, first serve and there was usually a line waiting at the door to get in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
About $3000 for genetic testing. About $1000 for ERA testing and $700 a year for embroyo storage
Describe Peter McGovern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Advocated for single embroyo transfers.
Peter McGovern
University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)
Hasbrouck Heights

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).