Peter McGovern

University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolNYU
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
Wayne
57 Willowbrook Boulevard
Wayne, NJ 07470
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Peter McGovern to a friend?
Neutral: 100%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) to a friend?
I have done 3 iui’s and 3 transfers from 1 ivf retrieval. My doctor [Dr. Peter McGovern] recommended pga testing from the beginning but we decided against it. Had I done it, I would have found out only 1/6 embroyo were good and would have saved myself the heartache of miscarriage and failed transfer. When I hyperstimulated, my doctor was very proactive with helping me get past it. I am about to go through my second ivf retrieval and I am now on Metformin to help with my hyperstimulation and also will be going through an era to determine if my transfer needs to be done earlier or later. Also, my doctor did half icsi and half ivf due to my husband being slightly below normal motility.
How was your experience with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Although we have yet to have a success, i feel that all my questions and concerns were answered, as well as all the risks explained well. I also feel that we weren’t pressured into doing anything. I feel in my case, my doctor has been thorough and has ease my concerns with procedures.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Be patient
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
All of our questions and concerns have been answered, especially by my nurse. Also, during our failures, my doctor has personally called me.
Describe the protocols Peter McGovern used in your cycles at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School) and their degree of success.
I have done 3 iui’s and 3 transfers from 1 ivf retrieval. My doctor recommended pga testing from the beginning but we decided against it. Had I done it, I would have found out only 1/6 embroyo were good and would have saved myself the heartache of miscarriage and failed transfer. When I hyperstimulated, my doctor was very proactive with helping me get past it. I am about to go through my second ivf retrieval and I am now on Metformin to help with my hyperstimulation and also will be going through an era to determine if my transfer needs to be done earlier or later. Also, my doctor did half icsi and half ivf due to my husband being slightly below normal motility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School). (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
My nurse has been my rock: supportive, compassionate, helpful, answered all of my questions and concerns, dealt with every phone call dealing with my side effects.
Describe your experience with University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
I have always felt well taken care of and comfortable. I have been there almost two years so at this point I am very familiar with everyone. The billing department, although they are pretty strict about payments being due, we’re very compassionate of our situation and helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
Well oiled machine but wait could be long depending on the day
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter McGovern at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
No costs except for copays, freezing of embroyo, genetic testing, and embroyo storage fees. Embroyo storage cost $720/year, genetic testing was about $3-4,000 (included both doctor office fee and genetic company fee), and medicine
Describe Peter McGovern's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School).
My doctor presented the risks associated with multiple embroyo transfers very clearly and was a strong supporter of a set vs multiple. However he did make it clear, that it was our decision.
What specific things went wrong at University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)?
Peter McGovern
University Reproductive Associates (New Jersey Medical School)
Hasbrouck Heights